Cuesta Campos y Asociados S.C. > Guadalajara, Mexico > Firm Profile
Cuesta Campos y Asociados S.C. Offices
AVENIDA UNIVERSIDAD 604
TORRE PLATA, 1ST - 3RD FLOOR
ZAPOPAN, JALISCO, 45116
Cuesta Campos y Asociados S.C. > The Legal 500 Rankings
Mexico > Corporate and M&A Tier 3Veteran Mexican firm Cuesta Campos y Asociados S.C. has been the preferred advisor to leading multinationals for decades, having built up an extensive track record in M&A transactions, corporate restructurings and joint ventures. The practice, which garners praise for being a ‘great team with lots of knowledge’, has a focus on the automotive, manufacturing, financial, real estate, and alcoholic-beverage industries. Of late, the corporate area has also seen an increase in agribusiness and IT mandates. Partner and CEO, Hugo Cuesta, who represents both foreign entities doing business in Mexico and Mexican entities doing business abroad; and Azucena Marin, who also specialises in antitrust matters as part of her broader M&A practice, jointly head the department. A second line of practitioners includes senior principal associate Rafael Sánchez; principal associate Jesús Bueno; and associate Franscela Sapien. The Meritas Law Firms Worldwide member for Mexico, it operates from offices in Mexico City, Guanajuato and Guadalajara.
Hugo Cuesta; Azucena Marín
‘The team provided great help, advice, knowledge, and collaboration.’
‘I have been working very closely with the following individuals and they are a great team with lots of knowledge and provided great guidance: Azucena Marin, and Jesus Bueno.’
‘They are a committed, efficient, and have excellent disposition and attitude.’
‘They are very professional, offer timely responses and a close relationship and empathy with the needs.’
Haitian Huayuan Mexico Machinery
Specialized Packaging Group
Skyworth Group Company
Nissin Travel Mexicana
- Advised Bright Machines on the Mexican law aspects related to its merger transaction with SCVX Corp.
- Advised Flextronics Group on a merger transaction between subsidiary companies.
- Advised Skyworth in the design and execution of all the corporate steps and necessary actions to restructure the group.
Mexico > Banking and finance Tier 4Cuesta Campos y Asociados S.C. is distinguished by its solid expertise in asset-based lending, as well as in M&A matters with a strong financial component. The practice led by Hugo Cuesta and Azucena Marin – which operates from the firm's offices in Guadalajara, Mexico City and León, and boasts particular expertise in the automotive, manufacturing, financial and real estate sectors – is a recurring choice for foreign banks and lenders doing deals in Mexico, and also acts as co-counsel with prestigious international firms. Mexico City-based senior associate, Andrés Urquidi, focuses his practice on the structuring and negotiation of financial transactions, including security structures for companies in the energy sector and infrastructure projects.
Bank of America
GLD – SPDR – Gold Shares
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Advised Grupo Multitel on the negotiation and structuring of a DIP Financing that will be used to fund operations during insolvency and restructuring procedures.
- Advised Bank of America on the drafting of termination and release agreements regarding several security interest and pledge agreements as part of the paying-off of a loan.
- Advised Barclays Bank regarding the granting of an ABL credit agreement, requiring the execution of security instruments, intercreditor agreements and guaranties of a US corporate group and its affiliated entities in Mexico.
Mexico > Compliance Tier 4Cuesta Campos y Asociados S.C. ' compliance practice has a focus on the prevention of risks associated to its clients’ operations in Mexico, from identification through to the required steps to implement a full compliance program. The group, which also boasts substantial expertise in anti-money laundering and data protection, covers a variety of industries, with manufacturing, automotive, agroindustry and IT among its key sources of work. Azucena Marin, who has particular experience in antitrust and compliance matters; and senior associate Andrés Urquidi, whose expertise extends into capital markets and government procurement matters, are the main practice contacts.
Bright Machines Group
- Advised Chuspic on the treatment and transfer of a competitors’ personal data.
- Advising Compas on antitrust compliance matters, updates to compliance policies and guidelines, and assessment of collaboration topics.
‘Accessible and prompt response at all times; in addition to constant reporting of progress on the matter, and with trained personnel.i
‘Very knowledgable and capable, as well as approacheable.’
‘Very efficient, they try to be at the forefront in all aspects, their alerts are very timely.’
‘Efficiency, serious, fair prices and good quality.’
Royal Prestige (HyCite)
- Advised manufacturing company Industrias Oxan on the drafting and filing of patent applications that would be used in connection with PEMEX (Petroleos Mexicanos)’ oil operations.
- Advised global spirits company Phusion Projects on the design and preparation of files before the Mexican Trademark Office, requesting the registration of a trade mark license agreement by which our client allows a third party the use of their trade marks in Mexico.
- Advised Armadrill, a company specialised in drilling deep wells for the extraction of drinking water, on the review of industrial property agreements to avoid breaches in connection with trade secrets and licensing prohibitions.
‘Cuesta Campos is an outstanding firm, with a team that is in constant communication to answer questions, review vulnerabilities or areas of opportunity, and suggest improvements in our daily operations.’
‘The communication and attention they have with us. Our problem with other firms is that they start acting on their own and refuse to provide information or justify their actions when questioned. Throughout just over three years of business relationship, this has been a very positive change. Lic. Sandra Chavez and Lic. Gerardo Valencia understand that not everyone is an attorney and terms can be challenging; but they have enough patience to explain in simple words the possible solutions to the problems that arise.’
- Advised Yara on the design and implementation of processes, protocols, employment agreements and amendments to comply with it’s obligations, managed Social Security and risk management to prevent premium increases.
- Advised Rappi on the design of the division of the business with specialisation on each entity that will offer services to the market in compliance with the regulation on Outsourcing, modifying the corporate structure and employee transfer on a substitution-of-employer process authorised by the Ministry of Labour.
- Advised Compas on the verification of compliance with Mexico’s Labour Reform regarding outsourcing, including the validation of all vendors to determine the fulfillment of their employer obligations, as well as the analysis and amendment of the company’s Services Agreement entered into to include new vendor’s obligations and responsibilities.
Mexico > Real estate Tier 4Cuesta Campos y Asociados S.C. has substantial experience advising clients in the manufacturing, electronics, real estate and logistics sectors, on matters such as property sales and rental, property titles and leases, transactional due diligence, and the viability of operations given urban planning regulations and norms. The real estate practice, which has over 10 years of development and growth, is led by partner Berenice Soto who focuses on corporate, industrial, business, residential and hospitality/tourism real estate projects. Associate Jesús Bueno provides key support and the practice operates from offices in Mexico City, Guadalajara and -notably- the El Bajío region.
‘It is the only firm I have ever worked with. I have received constant attention and in time for the needs of my company.’
‘They are experts in their field and capable of explaining to those of us who are not aware of all the details of the contracts. They have a service orientation and wide availability and flexibility to accommodate our delivery times.’
NPA de Mexico
Jabil Circuit de Mexico
Jabil Circuit de Chihuahua
- Advised NPA de México, a manufacturer of non-electronic equipment for medical use, on the negotiation, review and execution of several agreements -including construction agreements- for the expansion of its premises.
- Advised wind tunnel designer iFly Indoor Skydiving, on the review and due diligence of a property of approximately 1,000 square meters, in relation to the opening of its premises in Mexico City.
- Advised packaging solutions company Estapack regarding the execution of industrial lease agreements for its industrial premises.
Cuesta Campos y Asociados S.C. > Firm Profile
Cuesta Campos (CC) is a full service Mexican law firm, founded in 1978. As a leading business law firm, it is recognized for providing a personalized service under the highest ethical and quality standards. Client satisfaction and long-term professional relationships have been used as a measure of success.
The firm has offices in Mexico City, Guadalajara and in the Bajio region, as well as a presence in Monterrey, Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez and Cancun, through long-standing professional affiliations. Cuesta Campos is the exclusive member of Meritas Law Firms Worldwide in Mexico, having the best of both worlds: a local firm with international standards.
The firm: CC has a strong track record representing sophisticated needs for leading North American, European and Asian multinationals and foreign banks operating in various Mexican jurisdictions, as well as top Mexican entities. The team is known for being flexible, business-oriented and committed to representing its clients’ interests. All attorneys and staff are fully bilingual and many hold postgraduate studies and LLMs from leading universities in Mexico, the United States and Europe. CC operates under project management methodologies to increase efficiency and focus on value added.
Cuesta Campos is the exclusive Mexico member of Meritas Law Firms Worldwide, a global affiliation of more than 7,500 lawyers in 185 independent full-service law firms in over 90 countries that share a commitment to providing reliable legal expertise worldwide with the highest standards of client service and technical aptitude.
Areas of practice: administrative, compliance, antitrust, banking and finance, corporate, environmental, foreign investment, international trade, immigration, intellectual property, labor and employment, social security, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, tax, energy, telecommunications.
Languages: Spanish, English, French, and Japanese
|Antitrust, Corporate M&A||Azucena Marínfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Banking and Finance, Corporate M&A||Hugo Cuestaemail@example.com|
|Corporate M&A, International Trade, Tax||Rafael Sánchezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Intellectual Property||Mauricio Chozasemail@example.com|
|Labor and Employment||Gerardo Valenciafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Real estate||Berenice Sotoemail@example.com|
|Banking and Finance, Compliance, Data Privacy||Andrés Urquidifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|International Trade||Alejandro Martínezemail@example.com|