Jackson Lewis P.C. > New Orleans, United States > Firm Profile
Jackson Lewis P.C. Offices
650 POYDRAS STREET, SUITE 1900
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130
Jackson Lewis P.C. > The Legal 500 RankingsJackson Lewis P.C.‘s national practice has seen particular growth in the areas of healthcare, transportation and oil and gas. The firm is led by Atlanta-based co-leader Jonathan Spitz , who works in union management for the oil and gas sector, and Hartford, Connecticut-based co-leader Richard Vitarelli, who is involved in labor relations, collective bargaining and multiemployer pensions benefits. Laura Pierson-Scheinberg, from the Orange County office, has overseen contentious negotiations between employers and unions representing thousands of workers, and assisted in negotiating a contract without labor strife. Litigation practice manager Alan Feldman is another key name in the team, handling employee discipline and unfair labor practice charges from the Phoenix office.
Jonathan Spitz; Richard Vitarelli
‘Solution-oriented. Cost-effective. They are our go to firm for all labor disputes and employee training for harassment and discrimination compliance.’
‘Responsive, always available, fully understand our business and corporate culture.’
Equinor US, LLC
The Johns Hopkins University
Daniel G. Schuster Inc
County of Santa Clara
Sofco Erectors, Inc.
- Represented a company in challenging the method used by the pension fund to calculate the company’s withdrawal liability after its bargaining relationship with the union terminated. In a precedent setting decision, the Sixth Circuit Court ruled that the fund’s use of the Segal Blend was unlawful, and that the fund instead should have used its higher funding interest rate.
- Represented an international oil-and-gas company in a union decertification campaign that involved 170 eligible voters at a facility that had been unionized for more than 50 years.
- Assisted a pension plan in the $162m acquisition of substantially all the assets of an entity with significant (approximately $85m) potential withdrawal liability exposure involving eight multiemployer pension plans (MEPPs).
Richard Greenberg; Susan Groff; Patricia Anderson Pryor
Other key lawyers:
Haas & Wilkerson Insurance
Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference
America East Conference
NHL Alumni Association
- Advising DuPont on labor relations matters, benefits and immigration in all states and territories in which the company operates.
- Advised multiple clients on remote work arrangements for employees, including multi-state support for a new and growing remote worker population.
- Advising clients on complying with California regulations and requirements.
Howard Shapiro; René Thorne
‘Excellent industry expertise and experience in the ERISA field; very high level of responsiveness and client service.’
MGM Resorts International
MidAmerican Energy Company
University of Tampa
Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Representing seven individual and institutional defendants in a breach of fiduciary duty class action filed in Chicago.
- Representing a contactor in a class action suit alleging that the client failed to comply with notice requirements relating to continuation of medical coverage under COBRA.
Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design Tier 4Labor and employment specialist law firm Jackson Lewis P.C. acts for clients across the retail, healthcare, technology, energy and hospitality sectors on a range of employee benefits and executive compensation matters. In the firm’s Baltimore office, Joy Napier-Joyce heads the team and advises on compliance issues relating to qualified retirement plans under ERISA and the IRS, while Kellie M. Thomas focuses on deferred compensation matters, including Section 409A issues, as well as defined benefit plans and HIPPA compliance mandates. South Carolina-based Suzanne G. Odom is another key member of the team.
Amy Peck; Michael Neifach; Otieno Ombok
- Represented a company in processing multiple intracompany transferee visa petitions, which in turn established the company’s eligibility to pursue a blanket visa petition.
- Advised a foreign national employee and his spouse on an approval of adjustment of status.
Kevin Lauri; Samantha Hoffman; Mia Farber; David Golder; Eric Magnus; Nadine Abrahams; Stephanie Adler-Paindiris
Other key lawyers:
‘Their customer service, follow up and attention to detail have been second to none. They are the best law firm we have ever worked with.’
‘The firm leadership and accessibility of Christopher Valentino the managing partner was extremely detail oriented and top shelf.’
‘In an extremely complex litigation we dealt with Jeffrey Brecher the lead partner assisted by Alex Villanella another excellent young partner. They were extremely fair with their billing and gave us excellent legal representation 7/24 365 days a year.’
Johns Hopkins University
City of Portsmouth
Catholic Medical Center
BMW Manufacturing Co LLC
Advance Auto Parts Inc
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc
- Successfully represented a federal contractor against FLSA claims by a collective of approximately 65 plaintiffs.
- Successfully assisted DGS with a jury trial of two class action claims involving over 1,000 employees and complex claims of breach of contract, violation of wage laws, and common law claims of unjust enrichment.
- Represented Cellmark Paper Inc in a multimillion-dollar commission dispute that is pending in Connecticut Superior Court, involving claims of breach of contract, failure to page wages and retaliation.
Jackson Lewis P.C. > Firm Profile
Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis P.C.’s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law intersects business. The firm helps employers develop proactive strategies, strong policies and business-oriented solutions to cultivate high-functioning workforces that are engaged, stable and diverse, and shares its clients’ goals to emphasize inclusivity and respect for the contribution of every employee.
|Advice and Counsel||Richard I. Greenberg (New York City)||Richard.Greenberg@jacksonlewis.com||212-545-4080|
|Advice and Counsel||Susan E Groff (Los Angeles)||Susan.Groff@jacksonlewis.com||213-689-0404|
|Advice and Counsel||Tasos Paindiris (Orlando)||Tasos.Paindiris@jacksonlewis.com||407-246-8440|
|Affirmative Action, OFCCP & Government Contract Compliance||Matthew J Camardella (Long Island)||Matthew.Camardella@jacksonlewis.com||631-247-4639|
|Affirmative Action, OFCCP & Government Contract Compliance||K Joy Chin (Long Island)||Joy.Chin@jacksonlewis.com||631-247-4613|
|Class Actions & Complex Litigation||Mia Farber (Los Angeles)||Mia.Farber@jacksonlewis.com||213-630-8284|
|Class Actions & Complex Litigation||David R. Golder (Hartford)||David.Golder@jacksonlewis.com||860-522-0404|
|Class Actions & Complex Litigation||Eric R. Magnus (Atlanta)||Eric.Magnus@jacksonlewis.com||404-525-8200|
|Collegiate & Professional Sports||Paul V. Kelly (Boston)||Paul.Kelly@jacksonlewis.com||617-305-1263|
|Corporate Diversity Counseling||John M. Bryson II (DC)||John.Bryson@jacksonlewis.com||703-483-8318|
|Corporate Diversity Counseling||Weldon H. Latham (DC)||Weldon.Latham@jacksonlewis.com||703-483-8333|
|Corporate Governance & Internal Investigations||Richard J. Cino (Berkeley Heights)||Richard.Cino@jacksonlewis.com||973-451-6324|
|Corporate Governance & Internal Investigations||David R. Jimenez (Hartford)||David.Jimenez@jacksonlewis.com||860-522-0404|
|Disability, Leave & Health Management||Joseph L. Lynett (White Plains)||Joseph.Lynett@jacksonlewis.com||914-872-6888|
|Disability, Leave & Health Management||Sheri L. Giger||Sheri.Giger@jacksonlewis.com||412-338-5146|
|Disability, Leave & Health Management||Katharine C. Weber (Cincinnati)||Katharine.Weber@jacksonlewis.com||513-898-0050|
|Employee Benefits||Joy M. Napier-Joyce (Baltimore)||Joy.NapierJoyce@jacksonlewis.com||410-415-2028|
|Employee Benefits||Melissa Ostrower (New York City)||Melissa.Ostrower@jacksonlewis.com||212-545-4000|
|ERISA Complex Litigation||Howard Shapiro (New Orleans)||Howard.Shapiro@jacksonlewis.com||504-208-5835|
|ERISA Complex Litigation||Rene E. Thorne (New Orleans)||Rene.Thorne@jacksonlewis.com||504-208-1755|
|ERISA Complex Litigation||Stephanie L. Adler-Paindiris (Orlando)||Stephanie.Adler-Paindiris@jacksonlewis.com||407-246-8409|
|Immigration||Michael Neifach (DC)||Michael.Neifach@jacksonlewis.com||703-483-8300|
|Immigration||Otieno B. Ombok (White Plains)||Otieno.Ombok@jacksonlewis.com||914-872-6895|
|Immigration||Amy Peck (Omaha)||Amy.Peck@jacksonlewis.com||402-391-1991|
|International Employment & L&E Global||Minnie Fu (DC)||Minnie.Fu@jacksonlewis.com||703-483-8311|
|International Employment & L&E Global||John L. Sander (New York City)||John.Sander@jacksonlewis.com||212-545-4050|
|Litigation||Stephanie L. Adler-Paindiris (Orlando)||Stephanie.Adler-Paindiris@jacksonlewis.com||407-246-8409|
|Litigation||Stephanie E. Lewis||Stephanie.Lewis@jacksonlewis.com||864-672-8048|
|Privacy, Data & Cybersecurity||Jason C. Gavejan (Berkeley Heights)||Jason.Gavejian@jacksonlewis.com||908-795-5139|
|Privacy, Data & Cybersecurity||Joseph L. Lazzarotti (Berkeley Heights)||Joseph.Lazzarotti@jacksonlewis.com||908-795-5205|
|Restrictive Covenants, Trade Secrets & Unfair Competition||Clifford R. Atlas (New York City)||Clifford.Atlas@jacksonlewis.com||212-545-4017|
|Restrictive Covenants, Trade Secrets & Unfair Competition||Erik J. Winton (Boston)||Erik.Winton@jacksonlewis.com||617-367-0025|
|Trials and Appeals||Donald E. English, Jr. (Baltimore)||Donald.English@jacksonlewis.com||410-415-2007|
|Trials and Appeals||Greg Riolo (Albany)||Greg.Riolo@jacksonlewis.com||518-512-8791|
|Wage & Hour||Justin R. Barnes (Atlanta)||Justin.Barnes@jacksonlewis.com||404-586-1809|
|Wage & Hour||Jeffrey W. Brecher (Long Island)||Jeffrey.Brecher@jacksonlewis.com||631-247-4652|
|White Collar & Government Enforcement||Paul V. Kelly (Boston)||Paul.Kelly@jacksonlewis.com||617-305-1263|
|Workplace Safety & Health||Courtney M. Malveaux (Richmond)||Courtney.Malveaux@jacksonlewis.com||804-212-2862|
|Workplace Safety & Health||Melanie L. Paul (Atlanta)||Melanie.Paul@jacksonlewis.com||404-586-1869|
|Workplace Training||Edward M. Cherof (Atlanta)||Edward.Cherof@jacksonlewis.com||404-586-1851|
|Workplace Training||Samia M. Kirmani (Boston)||Samia.Kirmani@jacksonlewis.com||617-367-0025|
|Stacey C.S. Cerrone||Principal and Office Litigation Manager||View Profile|
|René E. Thorne||Principal and co-leader of the firm’s ERISA Litigation group||View Profile|
|Charles F. Seemann||Office Managing Principal||View Profile|
|Howard Shapiro||Principal and Co-Leader of the ERISA Litigation group||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of total partners : 483 Number of counsel : 88 Number of associates : 421 Total lawyers : 992
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling