Cruz Marcelo & Tenefrancia > Manila, Philippines > Firm Profile
Cruz Marcelo & Tenefrancia Offices
6TH, 7TH, 8TH & 10TH FLOORS
CVCLAW CENTER, 11TH AVE, COR 39TH STREET, BONIFACIO TRIANGLE
BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY 1634, METRO MANILA
- Go to...
Cruz Marcelo & Tenefrancia > The Legal 500 RankingsCruz Marcelo & Tenefrancia provides advice to an impressive range of domestic and foreign clients. Key work covers commercial, tax and banking litigation, alternative dispute resolution, appellate cases, administrative and regulatory litigation, and insolvency and rehabilitation proceedings. John Jerico L. Balisnomo heads the team and has experience in representing clients before every level of the judiciary and administrative venues. Simeon V. Marcelo handles high-profile tax, fraud, and hostile takeover cases. Miguel U. Silos handles a wide range of litigation and arbitration cases, while Rodel A. Cruz focuses on public policy-related disputes.
Other key lawyers:
‘Miguel U. Silos and his team are very impressive.’
‘Miguel U. Silos is my go-to lawyer if I am looking for Philippine lawyers. I am very satisfied with his hard-working attitude.’
‘The CM&T team is very authentic on top of their very hardworking, legally proficient, and direct attitude.’
‘The team is very quick to respond to the client’s concerns and billing is never a problem as they are very efficient in their work.’
‘The unique approach of CMT encouraged me to be more insightful rather than being ’emotional’ which I think puts them above the competition.’
‘Billing wise, I am pleased with the accurateness and even the considerations they have extended to me. Very commendable, and very professional.’
‘Very professional and competent. Very sincere. I felt their support every step of the way.’
Pilipino Banana Growers and Exporters Association
Secur Links Network and Technologies, Inc.
Alpha Plus Property Holdings Corporation
Dole Food Company, Inc.
Max’s Group, Inc.
Yujuico Group of Companies
Union Bank of the Philippines
Redco Properties Group Limited
- Advised Alpha Plus Property Holdings Corporation on its concerns and issues involving their real estate transactions.
- Advised Secur Links on a successful arbitration proceeding against the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) of the Republic of the Philippines for the latter’s continued failure and refusal to pay the total contract price.
- Advised Unicapital, Inc. on a case against a Philippine corporation involved in medical services, and its then-President and Chief Executive Officer, involving the non-payment of a loan which was incurred through the latter’s false representations.
‘The team is very responsive, professional and provides the needed information quickly.’
‘Great in providing insights, recommendations and always available.’
‘The team is attentive, responsive, and collaborative in its approach to engagement management. The team has a reliable network of foreign correspondent firms that facilitate trademark registration in other jurisdictions.’
‘Divina Pedron is a reliable and trusted adviser for matters involving intellectual property protection, particularly for our international franchising arm. Her responses to routine queries are always comprehensive and timely and we depend on her advice and assistance when dealing with material and urgent issues concerning the registration of our trademarks offshore. She has a good grasp of the commercial dimension of our engagements and considers the same in crafting the plan of action.’
PT. Inertia Utama (Dexa Group)
Department of Science and Technology – Technology Application and Promotion Institute
San Miguel Food and Beverage
Ayala Group Legal
Vice Cosmetics Group
University of the Philippines
Lazada E-Service Philippines
Oriente Express Techsystem Corporation
Chroma Hospitality/ Filinvest Hospitality Corporation
Makati Development Corporation
Marine Resources Development Corporation
- Represented Lazada in proceedings relating to the reclassification and reassignment of a complaint filed against it from an ordinary court to a special commercial court with the authority to handle intellectual property cases.
- Advised Sunmaru on the enforcement of it’s mark against a confusingly similar mark filed by a one of the most popular retailers of luxury jewellery which covers non-competing goods but within client’s normal expansion of business.
- Advised Nestle Philippines on obtaining the appropriate Certificates of Compliance covering the licensing contracts between NPI and its mother company, within two weeks of the initial request.
‘The CMT team keeps itself and me abreast on the latest developments, not only in energy but in possible related concerns. They double-check the work before it’s given to me for review or consideration. They’re all amiable and very competent. They constantly upgrade their skills, showing that they have a desire to render the best possible service they can to clients. Their updates to me are also timely and well-coordinated.’
‘They have unique expertise and have garnered experience over many years in the practice of mining laws in the Philippines.’
‘Patricia Bunye and her team stand out as the foremost expert in mining laws, natural resources and related field in the country today. The wealth of their combined experience, diligence to details and comprehensive understanding of the issues placed them in a unique position a cut above the competition’.
Filminera Resources Corporation
Mt. Labo Exploration and Development Corporation
Green Energy Management Holdings
Nido Petroleum Philippines
Cemex Strategies Philippines
W Group, Inc./Portuguese Realty
Redco Properties Group
Red Core Geothermal
Green Tiger Software
Public-Private Partnership Center
C5 Mass Transit Corporation Limited
- Advised Sagittarius Mines on the Tampakan Copper-Gold Project, prospectively the largest copper-gold project in the Philippines.
- Advised the consortium leading the construction of the 5 Metro Rail Transit Line 10 Project on the unsolicited proposal for the construction and development of a light railway-based mass transportation system over an alignment traversing 6 key cities, with a length of approximately 22.5 kilometers, and a project cost of approximately $1.6bn.
- Advising the consortium leading the construction of the Metro Rail Transit Line 11 Project on the unsolicited proposal for the construction and development of a light railway-based mass transportation system over an alignment traversing 4 key cities, with a length of approximately 18 kilometers, and a project cost of approximately $1.4bn.
‘The team is very thorough in combing possible problems, conflicts, issues, and anticipating possible problems in the future. The team is also good in negotiating on our behalf with client lawyers. They have protected our interests by putting up all the necessary legal provisions without being too legalistic. Their background knowledge of business law, taxation, and the law of the land helped very much in giving us their advice so we could make objective decisions. I feel we are well protected legally in with the work of the team. ’
‘Rosa Bagtas who heads the team is very competent as well as Francis Fragante, Rosa’s protege who does most of the legal nitty gritty legal work. We find it very easy and comfortable to work with both of them. They are hardworking, prompt with deadlines, and well prepared. We are very satisfied with their performance.’
Italpinas Development Corporation
Citigold Resources and Development Corporation
LuxPacific Realty Corporation
- Advised a real property owner/developer on the sale of its four prime real estate properties for a total consideration of at least PHP5bn.
- Advised a real estate developer on its potential acquisition of an ecozone building in an up-and-coming business district in Central Luzon with transaction value of PHP7bn.
- Advised a joint venture real estate company on its potential acquisition of an ecozone industrial property in Southern Luzon.
‘The team is cohesive and well-coordinated. The advice is very practical and multi-disciplinary (financial/ economic, political, ethical, long & short term).’
‘John Jerico L. Balisnomo is well rounded in his advice and is full of wisdom. He can work well with other lawyers outside of the CMT when the situation calls for it.’
‘Simeon V. Marcelo is a very good legal strategist. He always thinks ‘out of the box‘. ’
Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation
Synchrogenix Philippines, Inc.
Asian Terminals, Inc.
W Group of Companies
Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc.
Redco Properties Group Ltd.
Seven Bank, Ltd.
Ayala Healthcare Holdings, Inc.
Pepsi Cola Products Philippines, Inc.
BF Jade E-Services Philippines, Inc.
Sta. Lucia Land, Inc.
Unilever Group of Companies
Lazada E-Services Philippines, Inc.
Connected Freight Solutions Philippines, Inc.
Lamsan Holdings Corp.
Sony Global Business Services Inc.
DOLE Philippines, Inc.
PTFC Redevelopment Corporation
PayMongo Philippines, Inc.
Kepwealth Properties Philippines, Inc.
Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
Peak Support Global Enterprises, Inc.
Advanced Assembly Materials Philippines, Inc.
- Advised Redco on its acquisition of 35% interest in Makati City Subway, Inc.
- Assisted DOLE Philippines, Inc. / DOLE Asia Company, Limited (ROHQ) with the registration of various foreign currency-denominated loans from its parent company with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
- Advised Zywave, Inc. on its acquisition of Advisen, Ltd. by conducting the legal due diligence on the latter’s Philippine subsidiary.
‘The lawyers are very competent and professional. They have provided our company with exceptional legal services over the past years.’
‘The lawyers are very competent. In addition, the lawyers are always available to address our needs. The lawyers also find ways to achieve our objectives.’
Technological Institute of the Philippines
Samsung Electronics Philippines Corporation
Quality Corrugated Box Manufacturing Corporation
Collabera Technologies Private Limited, Inc.
Formula Sports Inc.
Yujuico Group of Companies