Mehta & Mehta Associates (MehtaIP) > Gurgaon, India > Firm Profile
Mehta & Mehta Associates (MehtaIP) Offices
MEHTA HOUSE, B-474, SUSHANT LOK-I, SECTOR-27
Mehta & Mehta Associates (MehtaIP) > The Legal 500 Rankings
Intellectual property Tier 2Mehta & Mehta Associates (MehtaIP), which is highlighted by clients for its ‘capacity to handle complicated cases', offers a comprehensive range of IP expertise across trade marks, designs, patents and copyrights. It acts for household name brand and patent owners through to start-ups, government and educational organisations. The team includes technical experts across sciences, electronics, telecoms, engineering, AI, and biotech and is skilled in drafting through to litigation. Based in Gurgaon, the esteemed Ramesh Kr. Mehta and the ‘excellent’ Ankush Mehta are sought out for their skills in non-contentious and contentious IP matters and Abhilasha Niroola is noted for assisting clients, especially in the media and entertainment industries for both patent and trade mark prosecutions and related regulatory issues. Akshay Mehta advises on IP in the context of corporate/M&A transactions.
‘We are happy with the work done for us and for our clients. We have always received useful comments and advice from this IP law firm that is very proactive and can contact quickly efficiently the Indian Patent Office in patent prosecution cases and patent oppositions.’
‘Mehta & Mehta Associates is a very reliable, efficient, and oriented to tech law firm, with the capacity to handle complicated cases and apply a very fresh perspective.’
‘We have been working on patent and trademark matters with Mehta & Mehta Associates for more than a decade. We have been in contact particularly with Dr. Ramesh Kr. Mehta and Ankush Mehta. These attorneys are fully committed to rendering an excellent service.’
‘Teamwork, collaboration and technology ’
‘A highly responsive team. Assistance and advice given is timely and helpful. Knowledge of Indian patent law and practice is outstanding.‘
‘Ankush Mehta in particular is highly client focused. His insights into local practice are outstanding.’
Mehta & Mehta is a a high level Indian IP firm with an outstanding price/quality ratio and a great responsiveness.’
‘Mr Ramesh Mehta: great availability and attention to details.’
Dorf Ketal Chemicals (India) Private Limited
Dorf Ketal Speciality Catalysts, LLC
Jawaharlal Nehru University
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Adani Wilmar Limited
Dorf Ketal Chemicals FZE
DCM Shriram Ltd.
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB)
Mehta & Mehta Associates (MehtaIP) > Firm Profile
Mehta & Mehta Associates (MehtaIP), Gurgaon, India is a full service intellectual property law firm, providing filing, prosecution and litigation services in respect of patents (in different fields of science and engineering), trade marks, designs, and copyrights.
The firm was founded on 18 February 2005 by Dr Ramesh Kr Mehta with a vision to establish an IP firm on the culture of “P4 Services“, ie, professionalized, personalized, pro-active and prompt services.
The firm assists both national and international clientele, from different geographical locations and backgrounds. The firm is recognized for its techno-legal inputs.
Firm structure: The firm is a boutique sized proprietorship firm comprising of qualified patent, trademark, design and copyright attorneys/registered patent and design agents; and patent scientists and engineers. It maintains a healthy mix of experience and youth within its team structure.
Firm location: The firm has its head office strategically situated in one of the prime area of Gurgaon (national capital region of Delhi, India) close to Delhi Patent Office and Delhi Trade Mark Registry. Further, contact details are available on the website www.mehtaip.com.
Sector focus and expertise: The firm primarily deals with all IP related contentious and non-contentious matters.
The firm advises, develops and manages intellectual property portfolios of companies, government organizations and institutions.
The areas of expertise include:
- Drafting, filing, prosecuting and litigating patent applications in various fields of science and engineering including:
– Artificial intelligence;
– Computer related inventions;
– Optical fibers and devices;
– Semiconductor materials, and MOCVD technology;
– Electrical engineering;
– Aeronautics and SpaceTech;
– Chemical processes and compositions;
– Fuels and lubricants;
– Chemical engineering;
– Medical devices;
– Biomaterials and implants;
– Mechanical engineering;
– Automobile engineering;
– Textile engineering and technology;
– Nuclear science and rare-earth elements;
– Food science; and
– Sports science.
- Handling and supervising trademark, design and copyright matters;
- Providing counseling and opinions related to IP matters in wide range of science and technology fields; and
- Negotiations and drafting of license and technology transfer agreements.
Client base: In its 17th year and the firm has represented a wide range of clients from multi-national companies including Fortune 500 companies, overseas law firms, educational institutes, governmental organizations, individuals, start-ups, non-profitable organizations, micro, small and medium scale companies and so on who are based in 95 plus countries across the globe.
- The firm is highly recognized for its techno-legal inputs with a prompt and cost effective approach, and has “nearly 100% success in prosecution both in and outside India”.
- The firm caters to requirements of clients from different backgrounds and provides them with customized services.
- The firm has advised and developed intellectual property projects in companies, government organizations and institutions.
- For patent matters, the firm provides techno-legal inputs from the stage of development of the inventions.
- A high attorney to case ratio is maintained at the firm.
- All actions are managed or handled directly by an experienced attorney thereby assuring better output for the clients.
- The firm works with culture of “P4 services”, ie, extending professionalized, personalized, pro-active and prompt services
Firm and its associates: memberships
- Member of Bar Council of India / Delhi / Maharashtra and Goa;
- International Trade Mark Association [INTA];
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property [AIPPI, Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle]; and
- Asian Patent Attorney Association [APAA]
|Patents and Designs (Inbound & Outbound) & IP Opposition/Litigations||Dr. Ramesh Kr. Mehtafirstname.lastname@example.org||+911244108474|
|Patents (Inbound)||Ankush Mehtaemail@example.com||+911244108474|
|Patents (Inbound) & Copyrights & General Legal matters related to IP||Abhilasha Niroolafirstname.lastname@example.org||+911244108474|
|Trademarks (Inbound & Outbound)||Akshay Mehtaemail@example.com||+911244108474|
|Mr Akshay Mehta||Principal Attorney, Attorney-at-law LLM; BBA, LLB (Hons.); ITMA||View Profile|
|Mr Ankush Mehta||Principal Attorney, Attorney-at-law Patents, Designs, Trade Marks Attorney B.E. (Hons.) Electronics &…||View Profile|
|Dr Ramesh Mehta||Managing Founder, Attorney-at-Law Patents, Designs & Trade Marks Attorney M.Sc.,M.Tech.,Ph.D.,DIIT,LLB,M.A.(Eco).,IPA,ITMA||View Profile|
|Mrs Neelu Mehta||Senior Consultant Patent Agent||View Profile|
|Ms Abhilasha Niroola||Principal Attorney Attorney-at-law BSL-LL.B.||View Profile|
LanguagesEnglish (fluent) Hindi and other Indian languages
- Intellectual property