Firm Profile > Mah-Kamariyah & Philip Koh > Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Mah-Kamariyah & Philip Koh Offices
3A07, BLOCK B, PHILEO DAMANSARA II
NO 15 JALAN 16/11, OFF JALAN DAMANSARA
46350 PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR
Mah-Kamariyah & Philip Koh > The Legal 500 Rankings
Corporate and M&A Tier 2
The corporate and M&A offering at Mah-Kamariyah & Philip Koh handles the full spectrum of business and litigation services for entrepreneurs, emerging businesses and multi-national conglomerates. The two leads are Adrian Koh, experienced in takeovers, capital markets and restructurings and Philip Koh, a specialist in securities law and civil litigation.
Capital markets Tier 3
Mah-Kamariyah & Philip Koh's capital markets practice represents clients with both Malaysia- and Hong Kong-based IPOs. It is led by Adrian Koh and features Yee Chew Yan, both recognised for their banking and corporate expertise.
Mah-Kamariyah & Philip Koh > Firm Profile
The firm: Ever since its founding in 1975, Mah-Kamariyah & Philip Koh (MKP) has provided legal representation and services to a wide range of corporate and individual clients. MKP combines the discreetness and exclusivity of a private legal practice with the professionalism, comprehensive scope and expertise of an international consultancy, to meet the expectations and needs of clients that prize personal attention, knowledge and insight.
Helmed by industry-acknowledged thought leaders, the firm’s extensive experience is supported by technological savvy and resourcefulness to provide industry-leading expertise and solution-oriented services. It provides a full range of corporate/commercial, litigation and dispute resolution legal services to a wide cross-section of corporate and individual clients, ranging from local entrepreneurs and emerging businesses to multinational conglomerates.
The firm’s partners and senior associates demonstrate a broad cross-section of abilities and backgrounds. Staying true to the firm’s motto of ‘helping clients put the right pieces in place’, the broad experience of the firm’s partners and senior associates in corporate/commercial law matters allows them to advise clients with a wider perspective, offering solutions that are both legally sound and commercially viable.
Areas of practice: Mah-Kamariyah & Philip Koh is focused on providing quality corporate/commercial, civil litigation and dispute resolution legal services, and believes that it is among the industry leaders in Malaysia in providing legal advice in its core practice areas: corporate and M&A; capital markets; property and banking; and litigation and dispute resolution. The firm’s multi-disciplinary practice team is recognised for its proficiency, blending expertise from a number of corporate/commercial practice areas, including banking and finance, capital markets, civil and commercial litigation, communications and technology, construction, corporate and commercial advisory, corporate and securities regulation, corporate finance, corporate governance, cross-border investments, dispute resolution, industrial relations and employment, insolvency, insurance, mergers and acquisitions, projects and ventures, property and real estate, and public law and law reform.
With strong local and regional ties, the firm is well placed to assist clients in advancing their interests throughout Malaysia and the rest of South East Asia.
MKP’s strength lies in its team’s ability to analyse complicated commercial issues, and identify and tackle potential challenges in complicated transactions to achieve market-driven, knowledge-based and practical results, which are targeted to meet its clients’ high expectations.
|Capital markets||Philip Koh|
|Capital markets||Adrian Koh|
|Capital markets||Lim Lee|
|Capital markets||Yee Chew Yan|
|Corporate and securities regulation||Philip Koh|
|Corporate and securities regulation||Adrian Koh|
|Corporate and securities regulation||Lim Lee|
|Corporate and securities regulation||Yee Chew Yan|
|Corporate governance||Philip Koh|
|Civil and commercial litigation||Yap Boon Hau|
|Civil and commercial litigation||Kamraj Nayagam|
|Communications and technology||Philip Koh|
|Communications and technology||Adrian Koh|
|Communications and technology||Lim Lee|
|Corporate and commercial advisory||Philip Koh|
|Corporate and commercial advisory||Adrian Koh|
|Corporate and commercial advisory||Lim Lee|
|Corporate and commercial advisory||Yee Chew Yan|
|Dispute resolution||Philip Koh|
|Dispute resolution||Yap Boon Hau|
|Dispute resolution||Kamraj Nayagam|
|Banking and finance||Adrian Koh|
|Banking and finance||Surialinda Ahmad|
|Banking and finance||Lee Yee Peng|
|Banking and finance||Yee Chew Yan|
|Industrial relations and employment||Yap Boon Hau|
|Industrial relations and employment||Kamraj Nayagam|
|Insolvency||Yap Boon Hau|
|Mergers and acquisitions||Philip Koh|
|Mergers and acquisitions||Adrian Koh|
|Mergers and acquisitions||Lim Lee|
|Mergers and acquisitions||Yee Chew Yan|
|Projects and ventures||Philip Koh|
|Projects and ventures||Adrian Koh|
|Projects and ventures||Lim Lee|
|Projects and ventures||Yee Chew Yan|
|Property and real estate||Adrian Koh|
|Property and real estate||Surialinda Ahmad|
|Property and real estate||Lee Yee Peng|
|Property and real estate||Yee Chew Yan|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 30
LanguagesCantonese English Malay Mandarin
Notable cases for 2020:
1. RM1.0 billion disposal by Can-One Berhad of the entire share capital of F & B Nutrition Sdn Bhd via the disposal of Can Ridge Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Can-One, to Wholesome Dairies Pte Ltd, the holding company of Asia Diary Creations (as nominee transferee).
2. RM917.2 million acquisition by Can-One Berhad of the remaining equity interest in Kian Joo Can Factory Berhad that it does not already own at RM3.10 per share (acted for Can-One Berhad).
3. Acquisition by Mikro MSC Berhad of 100% equity interest in EPE Busway Sdn Bhd and Mittric Systems Sdn Bhd for a total purchase consideration of RM38.0 million which was satisfied via the issuance of new ordinary shares in Mikro MSC Berhad
4. Acquisition by Sunway Berhad of 100% equity interest in Blacktop Industries Sdn Bhd for a total purchase consideration of RM70.09 million
5. Acquisition by Sunway Holdings Sdn Bhd of 100% equity interest in Dolomite Quarry Sdn Bhd for a total purchase consideration of RM125 million.
6. Initial public offering of 116,615,000 ordinary shares in HPMT Holdings Berhad in conjunction with its listing on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia comprising a public issue of 75,553,000 new shares and an offer for sale of 41,062,000 existing shares at an issue/offer price of RM0.56 per share.
7. Placement of 45,700,000 new ordinary shares in Uni Wall APS Holdings Berhad (“UWAPS”), a company involved in the business of fabrication installation of aluminium architectural products for the building industry, in conjunction with the listing of UWAPS on the LEAP Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
8. Listing of CE Technology Berhad, a company involved in glove manufacturing, on the LEAP Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
9. Private placement of 130,230,000 new shares in Eastern & Oriental Berhad (“E&O”) of up to 10% of E&O’s existing issued share capital at an issue price per share at RM0.98 and renounceable rights issue of new shares in E&O together with free detachable warrants.
10. Renounceable rights issue of up to 355,416,000 new ordinary shares in Naim Holdings Berhad at the issue price of RM0.45 per rights share.