TSMP Law Corporation > Singapore, Singapore > Firm Profile
TSMP Law Corporation Offices
6 BATTERY ROAD
TSMP Law Corporation > The Legal 500 RankingsTSMP Law Corporation are acclaimed for their takeover, M&A and privatisation capabilities. Stefanie Yuen Thio serves as one of the go-to names in the market for headline transactions and IPOs; she co-heads the team alongside Jennifer Chia and June Ho.
Stefanie Yuen Thio; Jennifer Chia; June Ho
Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited
Morgan Stanley Asia (Singapore) Pte.
Gram Car Carriers group
Masan Group Corporation
mm2 Asia Ltd.
MH Carnegie & Co
DX Ventures GmbH
Gulf Asia-Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Shakey’s Pizza Asia Ventures Inc.
- Advising Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited, sole financial adviser to Singapore Press Holdings Limited (“SPH”) in the proposed acquisition of SPH by Keppel Corporation Limited through its wholly-owned special purpose vehicle, Keppel Pegasus Pte. Ltd. (“Keppel”), by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Advised Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited, sole financial adviser to G. K. Goh Holdings Limited (“GKGH”) in relation to Apricus Global Pte. Ltd.’s (“Apricus”) voluntary conditional general offer for Boardroom Limited
- Advised Morgan Stanley Asia (Singapore) Pte., financial adviser to Startree Investments Pte. Ltd. (“Startree”), the wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited, in relation to its compliance offer for all shares of Sembcorp Marine Ltd (“Sembcorp”) that it does not already own.
Thio Shen Yi, SC
Other key lawyers:
Ong Pei Ching
‘Dedicated team. Responsible and hardworking, good client service. Knowledgeable, friendly with a human touch to the client’s needs. Transparent in billing.’
‘Adrian Tan – Knowledgeable, good human relationship. Compassionate and passionate about his work. Friendly, calm and steady. Attentive to client’s needs. Kwoh Ji Wei – Responsible, very responsive, hardworking, dedicate, friendly, very attentive. Ong Pei Ching – dedicated, good fighting spirit, friendly.’
‘Mr. Adrian Tan is our contact partner in the firm. Mr. Tan is an experienced litigator and is adept at giving practical advice from a commercial perspective based on his vast experience.’
‘The team is great to work with. It’s really easy to communicate with them.’
‘I found TSMP to be very quick in understanding and appreciating the problems/issues at hand and the legal advice given is very sharp and relevant. The main strength is their ability to grasp the root issue very well.’
‘Felicia and Hannah were excellent, personable and makes time available for us, for calls and meetings at short notices. They are also very prompt in their responses, typically giving us assurances by when they would reply.’
‘Ong Pei Ching is a stalwart. She provides conscientious and sound legal advice and is highly attuned to our needs. Vivian is a good pair of hands, on the ball and proficient.’
Ok Tedi Fly River Development Foundation Ltd and eight members of communities living in the Western Province of Papua New Guinea representing themselves and other members of their communities
Peter Tan Shou Yi
Success Elegant Trading Limited
Fan Ren Ray, Fan Ruicheng, Chua Teng Da and Chia Chee Tian Joe
Vibrant Group Limited
16 owners of 12 shop units in Macpherson Mall
Mr Lee Thiam Seng, Executive Chairman of the Board and CEO and majority shareholder of ecoWise Holdings Ltd
ERC Unicampus Pte Ltd
Tong Garden China Investments Pte Ltd
Chengdu Ding Feng Real Estate Development Co Ltd, Taicang Ding Feng Real Estate Development Co Ltd, Xiamen Pacific Estate Investment Co Ltd
BCS Business Consulting Services Pte Ltd
DWP International Limited and Design Worldwide Partnership Singapore Pte Ltd
Abu Dhabi Ports Company PJSC
- Acting for the communities in Papua New Guinea that were affected by the country’s biggest environmental disaster in recovering monies amounting to US$1.48bn meant for the benefit of said communities.
- Represented a former Prudential senior financial services manager in defending an S$2.8 billion claim by Prudential over alleged mass poaching of agents.
- Acting for a client in a claim over the ownership of assets held under their name with two international banks.
‘Felicia Tan is extremely responsive, clear in her advice, prepared to discuss a matter before she starts charging, and looks to find the best outcome for the client.’
- Advised TEHO International on its investigations into endemic corporate fraud and misconduct at its subsidiary TEHO Water.
- Acted for Eric Tan, ex-head of regional sales who left Schindler to join Otis Elevator. Schindler commenced High Court proceedings seeking injunctions to restrain Eric from competing with it and being employed by Otis, and also to enjoin him from disclosing confidential information, soliciting customers and poaching employees.
- Acted for Sedgwick Singapore in connection with proceedings against a former employee who took confidential information and property relating to Sedgwick when she left the company.
Jennifer Chia; June Ho
‘A well resourced team that works very hard to meet deadlines, and provides top-notch advice.’
‘Jennifer Chia is at the top of her game. She is very knowledgeable and very on the ball. She is our go-to partner for Singapore law finance advice.’
INEOS US Finance LLC
China Construction Bank Singapore Branch
Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility
Nordea Bank Abp, filial i Norge
DBS Bank Ltd.
- Assisted Slaughter and May as counsels to the INEOS Group in the review and negotiations of documents which are governed under Singapore law and/or entered into by the Singapore subsidiaries of the INEOS group, in the context of INEOS Finance’s new €1.08bn dollar- and euro-denominated term loans.
- Acted for China Construction Bank Singapore Branch in relation to a syndicated loan of up to US$300m to Halcyon Agri Corporation Limited.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to Clifford Capital in relation to US$100m super senior revolving credit facility granted by Clifford Capital to Floatel, secured by ship mortgages over Floatel’s vessels, share pledges over Floatel’s various subsidiaries and floating charges.
Thio Shen Yi; Derek Loh; Melvin Chan
Other key lawyers:
‘Their relatively young team of solicitors are led by able leaders like Thio Shen Yi, Derek Loh and Melvin Chan. Not once we felt the cases handled by them were left to their younger solicitors without them closely monitoring the issues. Billing is fair and accurate, and sometimes they are flexible to discuss if required. Good, cohesive working teams of solicitors, great leaders.’
‘Working directly with Derek Loh at TSMP for decades. He is on top of things mostly and manages his support teams well and kindly. We respect his approach, which is pragmatic and logical. Successful outcome of legal matters with them having gained much confidence with TSMP.’
‘They fully understand the industry and have extensive experience in all kinds of dispute in the industry.’
‘Derek Loh provides creative and commercially reasonable solutions to any and every dispute. Melvin Chan provides very analytic and succinct advice and perfectly leads all phases of arbitrations.’
CSYA Pte Ltd
SCDA Architects Pte Ltd
Diamond Glass Enterprise Pte Ltd
RSP Architects Planners & Engineers (Pte) Ltd
- Defending CSYA Pte Ltd and Chan Sau Yan (formerly trading as Chan Sau Yan Associates) against claims of fraud, conspiracy, negligence, and breaches of duty as an architect in the construction of three good class bungalows.
- Acting for SCDA as the Architect for Seletar Park Residence against claims by the Management Corporation (i.e. the Plaintiff) of a condominium for breach of its duty of care owed to the Plaintiff and/or the subsidiary proprietors in the design and construction of the condominium.
- Acts for Diamond Glass Enterprise Pte Ltd in a cross-appeals to the Appellate Division of the High Court of Singapore against the decision in Zhong Kai Construction Co Pte Ltd v Diamond Glass Enterprise Pte Ltd  SGHC 277.
Thio Shen Yi SC; Stefanie Yuen Thio
Jurong Port Pte Ltd
Mizuho Bank of Japan
AlmaStone Opportunities I Limited
Former director of ZenRock
Hontop Energy (Singapore) Pte Ltd / Wanda Holding Group Co Ltd
Skomer Investments Designated Activity Company
UOB Bank Ltd
Hong Leong Finance
Dr Goh Jin Hian
Xihe Holdings (Pte) Ltd (Judicial Managers Appointed)
Deloitte & Touche LLP
Shanghai Yinjun Industry
Norwegian government-linked entity
MHG Cars Pte Ltd
(1) Providence SOFG2 Limited|(2) Long Chee Tim Daniel|(3) Terrance Tan Kong Hwa
Riviera Holdings Co., Ltd.
Allen Law and Park Hotel Group Management Pte Lte
- Acted for Jurong Port in its acquisition of a 41% stake in Universal Terminals from the Hin Leong Group.
- Advised Mizuho Bank of Japan, Hyflux’s second largest creditor and the largest non-secured creditor in Hyflux’s restructuring.
- Acted for AlmaStone Opportunities I, a creditor in the $624.5m restructuring of Antanium Resources.
Mooreast Holdings Ltd.
mm2 Asia Ltd
The Board of Directors of Axington Inc.
INEOS Styrolution APAC Pte. Ltd.
Avation Group (S) Pte. Ltd.
- Advised Mooreast Holdings Ltd. in a pre-IPO investment of S$10m by EDBI and further acted as issuer’s counsel in a Catalist IPO on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acting for the Mainboard-listed media company mm2 Asia Ltd in its proposed spin-off of its cinema business and a listing on the Catalist board.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to Barramundi Group Ltd. in relation to its NOK 130,830,000 pre-listing restructuring and listing on the Euronext Growth Oslo Exchange.
TSMP Law Corporation > Firm Profile
Established in 1998, TSMP Law Corporation is recognised as Singapore’s top corporate boutique law firm. It specialises in complex dispute resolution and cutting-edge transactions for a wide range of clientele, spanning from Fortune 500 companies to private wealth individuals, from Singapore and countries all over the world. As an independent law firm, TSMP is experienced in working with top-tier global firms on cross-border deals. TSMP’s work in M&A, dispute resolution, international arbitration, real estate, construction and employment is regularly recognised by leading legal journals. The firm also prides itself on its community engagement.
|Mr Melvin Chan||Partner, Co-head of Construction & Engineering||View Profile|
|Ms Jennifer Chia||Partner, Head of Banking & Finance and Corporate Real Estate||View Profile|
|Ms June Ho||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Kelvin Koh||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Ian Lim||Partner, Head of Employment & Labour||View Profile|
|Mr Derek Loh||Partner, Co-head of Construction & Engineering||View Profile|
|Ms Pei Ching Ong||Partner||View Profile|
|Ms Felicia Tan||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Shen Yi Thio, SC||Joint managing partner, Head of Dispute Resolution||View Profile|
|Ms Stefanie Yuen Thio||Joint Managing Partner, Head of Corporate||View Profile|