Wilkinson & Grist > Hong Kong, Hong Kong > Firm Profile
Wilkinson & Grist Offices
6TH FLOOR, PRINCE'S BUILDING, CHATER ROAD
Wilkinson & Grist > The Legal 500 RankingsWilkinson & Grist is well placed to handle a broad range of IP matters across the region. Under the leadership of Andrea Fong, the practice continues to act for internationally recognised brands, as well as local businesses, on contentious and non-contentious issues, including protection of trade mark, design and patents, enforcement, IP portfolio management, litigation and transactions. Mena Lo is a name to note for licensing agreements and IP rights portfolio planning and protection strategies.
Other key lawyers:
Mena Lo; Florence Lam; Annie Tsoi; Shireen So; Priscilla Chan
Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
Johnson & Johnson
Adidas International Marketing B.V.
The Coca-Cola Company
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Galaxy Entertainment Group
Richemont International SA
Universal Music Limited
Costco Wholesale Corporation
Dr. Ing. h.c.F. Porsche Aktiengesellschaft
Genting Hong Kong Limited
Exxon Mobile Corporation
- Advising Costco Wholesale Corporation on conducting clearance searches and on filing strategies in China.
- Advising Coca-Cola on trade mark clearance work and on prosecuting and maintaining a portfolio of nearly 1,000 trade mark registrations and applications in Hong Kong.
- Advising Johnson & Johnson on the management of more than 2,000 trade mark registrations and applications in Hong Kong.
Alvarez & Marsal
Ernst & Young
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Ltd
Mr Timothy Fok Tsun Ting
RSM Nelson Wheeler
The Bank of East Asia, Limited
- Advised Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation in successfully defending a judicial review commenced by SUNeVision Holdings Limited (a subsidiary of Sun Hung Kai Group) for an alleged change of client’s stated policy against subletting by the grantees and condoning the breach of the lease restrictions against parting with possession.
- Advised Mr Timothy FOK Tsun Ting in relation to disputes with his brothers and other siblings with regard to the estate of their late father, Mr Henry FOK Ying Tung, deceased who at his death was one of Hong Kong’s richest tycoons.
- Advised Eton Properties Group Limited, Legend Properties (Xiamen) Company Limited, Legend Properties (Xiamen) Company Limited when defending an appeal to the Court of Final Appeal concerning a dispute on the development of a valuable piece of land in the PRC that involves complex issues on the jurisdiction and power of the Hong Kong Court and the enforcement of a foreign arbitral award.
Wilkinson & Grist > Firm Profile
We believe in:
Provision of high quality and cost effective “One-Stop Solutions” to meet your legal needs
As a full service law firm, our professional services encompass a wide range of practice areas including China trade, company and commercial, dispute resolution, employment, family, information technology, insolvency, intellectual property, real estate and private client.
Treating your business as our business
Our dedicated and dynamic members are proactive, innovative and pragmatic. We strive to understand your business needs and provide practical solutions for legal issues.
Connecting you globally
We work closely with professionals, corporations and officials in different parts of the world. We have continuously been identified as “AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers” and recognized by “The Legal 500 Asia Pacific”, “Chambers Global”, “Managing Intellectual Property”, “Who’s Who Legal” and other publications.
Commitment to our society
Living out a long tradition of commitment for making our society a better place for all, many of our lawyers provide pro bono services through their services on various statutory/governmental committees, boards and tribunals.
Our China presence
Working in conjunction with our Beijing IP Agency and our representative office, we are pleased to have been our clients’ trusted partner in their business expansion in mainland China.
As the first non-PRC firm approved by the Chinese government to set up an IP agency in China with the licence to attend before the PRC Trade Mark Office and the Copyright Office, we have for over a decade been directly securing such registrations for clients and also handling all other areas of IP work from protection and enforcement to commercialization of IP.
Amidst the challenges, we have continuously attained notable successes and established precedent cases through our team efforts and received published recognitions for our outstanding IP practice in mainland China.
|Intellectual property||Andrea Fongemail@example.com|
|Intellectual property||Mena Lofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Protection of IP rights and licensing in Greater China||Howard Tsangemail@example.com|
|Conveyancing and real estate||David Choifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Conveyancing and real estate||Hannah Chowemail@example.com|
|Company, mergers and acquisitions||Raymond Chanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Company, mergers and acquisitions||Michael Maemail@example.com|
|China practice||Raymond Chanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|China practice||Michael Maemail@example.com|
|Company and commercial||Raymond Chanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Company and commercial||Michael Maemail@example.com|
|Banking, securities and finance||Raymond Chanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Banking, securities and finance||Michael Maemail@example.com|
|Information technology||Mena Lofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Information technology||Esther Hoemail@example.com|
|Private client and estate administration||Ivan Chufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Private client and estate administration||Florence Chanemail@example.com|
|Civil and commercial litigation||Keith Hofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Civil and commercial litigation||Lawrence Chanemail@example.com|
|Insolvency and restructuring||Keith Hofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Insolvency and restructuring||Lawrence Chanemail@example.com|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 52
LanguagesCantonese English Mandarin
CLIENT: World-Wide China Group Company Limited
TESTIMONIAL: Our Group founder has known Cleresa Wong of Wilkinson & Grist for more than a decade and our Group companies have been requiring legal services and advices from Cleresa over the years. Having numerous satisfactory experiences with Cleresa and her team from Wilkinson & Grist, we have no hesitation to recommend Cleresa and Wilkinson & Grist to anyone who is looking for legal services or advices and expecting such services or advices to be professional, timely, responsive and reliable.