B&P Associates > Accra, Ghana > Firm Profile
B&P Associates Offices
House No. 99A, 4th Norla Street Labone-
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
- Client Testimonials
- Notable Cases
B&P Associates > The Legal 500 RankingsAdelaide Benneh Prempreh leads the ‘very professional’ team at B&P Associates, which is well placed to advise foreign and local investors on a vast array of corporate and regulatory matters in Ghana. Clients include non-governmental organisations in addition to corporates and individual clients. Core strengths of the practice include advising on business formations, project finance work, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions. It also receives plaudits for its work on private equity and company secretarial matters as well as for its advice on corporate restructurings and corporate governance issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘B&P Associates is a hands-on law firm, always ready to learn and appreciate the working dynamics of the client and tailor the services to meet the client’s expectations. They are very prompt in their responses to client’s concerns and worries. They are more of a female law firm and they deploy lots of technology in their dealings with clients. B&P lawyers are very empathetic and always just a call away, no matter the time and place. They provide services promptly making them the best so far’.
‘The team is made up of young and energetic lawyers who make good use of technology. The members of the firm exhibit a high sense of professionalism and expertise. The key strength of the team is that the members take time to understand the business of a client and thereby are in the position to meet the needs of the client.’
‘I deal with the Managing Partner, Mrs. Adelaide Benneh Prempeh and Leonie Leo-Mensah. Adelaide has very good managerial skills. Moreover, she possesses good lawyer-client relational skills. She is patient and listens to us as a client and is willing to take our inputs on board. Above all, she acts professionally and looks after our interests as a client. Leonie is good at doing follow-ups on matters that are pending. She is duty conscious and takes seriously written communication’.
‘Their practice is very professional. They are very time conscious and are always ahead of the agreed schedule. Their staff are very knowledgeable and very patient. They are always ready to support and respond promptly to enquiries’.
‘For an international company such as the one I’m running, B & P Associates has been an extremely valuable legal services provider in all areas -from commercial to labour law etc. They also are smart enough to reach out to other specialised firms when they need extra support/expertise. The main partner Adelaide is a standout. Her team is also very capable and diligent’.
‘B&P Associates consistently provides advice that is not only legally robust, but also demonstrates an appreciation of the risks to our business from the particular transaction being contemplated, together with potential mitigating measures. Over the years, the firm has strengthened its expertise in the Energy sector, including in relation to oil & gas and renewable energy, and this expertise has proven valuable to our business’.
‘The Managing Partner at B&P Associates, Adelaide Benneh-Prempeh, is exceptionally professional. In addition to managing the firm, she gets involved directly in reviewing documents and providing guidance / advice on specific transactions, maintaining a keen attention to detail and sound commercial judgement’.
‘B&P Associates is led by Mrs Adelaide Benneh Prempeh and she stands out due to her exceptional knowledge of company law. She sometimes takes part in discussions or debates during seminars about specialised or specific laws or consequences of new laws all related to company law. It makes her a true Ghana expert . Also she is very professional , approachable and service minded; the combination of these virtues is very rare, especially in Ghana’.
Carlyle Aviation Partners
Industrial and Engineering Services Limited
BIMA (Milvik) Ghana Limited
Souzhou Elink Company Limited
Azimuth Power Ghana Limited (Berkeley Energy)
Spectrum Fibre Company Limited
Norpalm Ghana Limited
Redavia Ghana Asset Limited
Genesis Oil and Gas Services
Eurapharma Care Services Ghana Limited (CFAO Group)
- Assisting Azimuth Ghana Asset Limited, which is presently undergoing a complex restructuring and capitalisation in line with local participation requirements in Ghana.
- Advised Industrial Engineering Services on transaction documents between the client as Concessionaire and the Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Ghana for the financing, development, construction and maintenance of a Cable Car Transport System.
- Providing legal advice to Broadspectrum Limited, a licensed telecoms operator, in respect of a $42m investment for the development and construction of an in-land fibre-optic cable and the upgrade of an existing optical ground wire fibre network along the Western Corridor of the Republic of Ghana.
B&P Associates > Firm Profile
B&P ASSOCIATES provides cutting-edge legal and consultancy services to foreign and local investors on navigating the corporate legal and regulatory regime in Ghana.
We serve a myriad of clients including non-governmental organisations, corporate and individual clients involved in sector specific projects and ventures.
Our practice areas which covers diverse areas of law include: Aviation, Agriculture, Banking, Corporate Governance & Compliance, Finance and Restructuring, Financial Technology, Employment & Immigration, Energy & Natural Resources, Healthcare Services, Insurance, Intellectual Property, International Family Law, International Tax Planning, International Anti-Corruption & Compliance, Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution, Logistics and Freight-Forwarding, Manufacturing & Export, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Retail & Trading, Real Estate, Construction & Infrastructure, Telecommunications, Trade & Commerce, Trust and Probate.
The Firm has in-depth experience in business formation, project finance, complex commercial transactions, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, company secretarial services, corporate governance, internal compliance training and monitoring as it pertains to both local and international laws.
We take pride in the trust our clients have placed in us to date which is evidenced by the repeat instructions and referrals from existing clients.
According to the 2020 Chambers & Partners report, a Client is quoted as follows: “B&P Associates is a very accessible, responsive and well-resourced Firm. I am confident in their advice because they have deep insight and knowledge of the market”. By way of summary, the report noted about the Firm – “Its personal care and commitment are said to be distinguishing attributes of the Firm. Additionally, its ability to provide investors with accurate insight into Ghanaian laws is specifically commended. Currently, the Firm’s involvement in this sector is best recognized.”
In the Legal 500 (EMEA) 2021, a Client gave a testimonial that: “Unlike several other firms that we have dealt with, B&P’s advice always goes beyond a pure legal perspective, demonstrating an understanding of the fact that the risks we face are inter-related and therefore need to be assessed and mitigated holistically. Additionally, the firm has always demonstrated familiarity with the legal and compliance framework of the main international jurisdictions, including the UK and New York, and this is unique among its Ghanaian peers.”
At B & P, we take pride in the deep understanding of the legal regime of our clients’ industry and transactions. With this, we are able to proffer practical and viable solutions to address our client’s needs.
We also keep our clients and the general public updated with our quarterly newsletters and updates across various sectors in Ghana.
Our lawyers are globally-trained with a wealth of experience from multi-jurisdictions, fully abreast with global economic trends, and are able to provide timely legal advice to meet our clients’ needs.
At B&P ASSOCIATES, we are client-focused, industry-specific, and globally aware with the primary objective to diligently serve our clients.
|Corporate/Commercial||Adelaide Benneh Prempehfirstname.lastname@example.org||+233-302-765-617|
|Maame Barnie Adu Amoah||Legal Associate||View Profile|
|Eyram Agbenyega||Position: Legal Consultant Admitted to the New York Bar.Barrister & Solicitor of…||View Profile|
|Adelaide Benneh Prempeh||Managing Partner||View Profile|
|Michelle Nana Yaa Essuman||Legal Associate||View Profile|
|Leonie Leo-Mensah||Position: Legal Associate Barrister & Solicitor of the Ghana Bar Association. Leonie…||View Profile|
|Fawzya Medhat Khalil||Senior Legal Associate||View Profile|
|Abisola Ogunbadejo||Senior Legal Associate||View Profile|
|Emily Victoria Owusu-Nyantekyi||Legal Associate||View Profile|
LanguagesEnglish (fluent) Arabic
MembershipsInternational Bar Association
TESTIMONIAL: “Highly professional and executed project in a timely manner. Gave great feedback during the whole process.”
CLIENT: MIGUEL DE DIEGO BRAKO
TESTIMONIAL: “B&P can handle all your legal requirements and very forward thinking with great customer service.”
TESTIMONIAL: “Adelaide Prempeh is reliable and professional. I have always felt 100% trust working with Adelaide, the managing partner. She has always delivered projects on time and with the highest quality”.
TESTIMONIAL: “The lawyers are knowledgeable about their area of practice. They pay attention to details and consistently meet the needs of their customers. They give you all the attention you need. They take time to understand the nature of the problems confronting the client. Adelaide Benneh-Prempeh supervises and ensures that the assignment is accomplished with diligence.”
CLIENT: CRYSPIN KAVAARPUO
TESTIMONIAL: “B&P Associates is a great law firm. You should visit them for your legal and corporate secretarial requirements.”
TESTIMONIAL: “B&P distinguishes itself as a highly professional law firm. In my interactions with B&P it distinguished itself due to the clarity of its communication and speed of delivery; the lawyers exceeded our expectations. The team has a great depth of knowledge about the legal environment in Ghana and is capable of explaining this with great clarity and detail to clients.”
TESTIMONIAL: “In every case B&P has delivered prompt, efficient and pertinent service. The founder and main partner Adelaide is outstanding in her competence, acumen and attention to client needs. She’s also very good at supervising the more junior elements of the firm and ensuring consistently solid services.”
TESTIMONIAL: “I worked exclusively with Adelaide Benneh-Prempeh, the managing partner. She was exceptionally professional, very knowledgeable, really accommodating and a pleasure to work with. She helped us deliver a legal analysis tailored to international investors which was very well received and added great value to our research.”
TESTIMONIAL: “Adelaide supports her clients on corporate transactions and is a well-regarded lawyer in the Ghanaian legal market”.
B&P is dedicated to being a trusted law firm willing and able to provide solutions readily to clients of diverse cultural and jurisdictional backgrounds. In light of this, an environment has been created which ensures that all members of the B&P team feel valued and empowered to bring their very best and laudable ideas to the table.
At B&P, the Team works in equity, diversity, and inclusion as it consists of lawyers from different cultures and backgrounds. This helps in achieving our goal to foster an environment that is a hub for great ideas.
Each Team member has unique experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints and we recognize that these are very crucial in providing solutions to the legal issues our clients face all over the world.
Again, the spirit and value of community and empathy are at the core of who we are, as well as our mission and our vision. Our commitment to these values is solid and unwavering.
Every year, the Firm conducts an internal assessment to ensure that all its diversity and inclusion objectives have been met.
This year, 2022, the Firm is committed to undertaking more pro bono cases to give an opportunity to persons who wish to seek redress in court but are not financially capable.
Commitment to Pro-bono
B&P advised and represented a family going through a divorce. We acted on behalf of the Respondent who had three children with the Petitioner.
The Petitioner, with the assistance of his lawyers, filed for divorce on grounds of unreasonable behaviour.
We assisted the Respondent to draft and prepare the required documents to see her through the divorce process.
These documents included:
- Her reply to the petition; and
- Her witness statement.
- Again, we also advised her on a number of issues arising out of the matter:
- Issues of custody and access.
- Issues of matrimonial property and settlement.
- Issues relating to maintenance.
Other pro bono matters the Firm has advised on include:
- Legal advice and representation as to the creation of wills and trusts in respect of family assets.
- Legal advice and support in respect of the negotiation of rent value for low income earning families.
- Legal Advice and representation of a bereaved spouse in relation to leave entitlements on compassionate grounds under Ghanaian Labour law.
- Legal Advice with respect to Adoption procedures pertaining to the Adoption of a grandchild under Ghanaian law.
B&P Associates is a corporate law and consultancy firm in Ghana. The Firm prides itself in providing simple and practical solutions to the complex legal challenges that our clients face in their business operations.
The B&P team is in tune with the international, continental, and local environment and is well-positioned to assist clients in anticipating and achieving their business objectives.
B&P Associates is experienced in providing legal representation and advisory services, navigating corporate and commercial transactions, business formation and financing, regulatory compliance and business support services.
Our team of lawyers are multilingual and licensed to practise in Ghana, Nigeria, England and Wales and New York.
The B&P Team provides efficient services to a broad range of clients to navigate the legal and regulatory landscapes.
The Firm has worked with a vast range of clients, including:
- Non-Governmental Organisations (both international and local)
- Renowned telecommunication and technology companies in Asia and West Africa
- Top Construction and Infrastructure Companies in West Africa and Europe
- A Global Health Care Provider
- Various International Renewable Energy Companies
- International Oil & Gas Companies
- A successful Oil Palm Plantation Company
- Numerous European Companies on cross-border transactions
- Company Secretarial services to multinationals and local businesses
The B&P Team of lawyers are rich in experience built from quality institutional training and continuous professional development. The Firm’s Corporate and Commercial department has in-depth experience in corporate governance, restructuring, transaction advisory, internal compliance monitoring as it pertains to both local and international laws such as the UK Bribery Act, the USA Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. The Team also includes FIDIC construction-trained and certified lawyers and Intellectual Property experts.
In addition, the Team is well abreast with global economic trends and forecasts in this continually changing marketplace.
The B&P Team of lawyers are multi-lingual and licensed to practice in a number of jurisdictions, including:
- England and Wales
- New York and
The knowledge gained and acquired across different sectors and jurisdictions allows the lawyers to advise with a high level of insight that meets our clients’ business needs.
Working with B&P means having access to its global network of firms and businesses. The Managing Partner is a member of the Bar of England & Wales, Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn London, Ghana Bar Association, International Bar Association; The International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL), INSOL International (Association of Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Professionals). She is an Insolvency Consultant to the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and serves on the governing board of Ghana’s Cybersecurity Authority.
- B&P advised and represented a telecommunications service provider in an investment for the development and construction of an 881-kilometre in-land fibre optic cable and an upgrade of an existing 973-kilometre optical ground wire fibre network along the western corridor of Ghana with USD 34,000,000.00 equity contribution and the registration of a Senior Facility Loan Agreement.
- The Firm advised a project sponsor in respect of a USD 12,000,000 for the financing of a sustainable, affordable, and modular tertiary student accommodation which seeks among other things, to use high-tech insulations of modules and state-of-the-art architecture to provide a serene and conducive atmosphere for learning.
- The Firm advised a high-profile telecommunications and technology company on Ghana’s laws regarding Data Protection and Cybersecurity laws, specifically being designated as a Critical Information Infrastructure (CII).
- B&P also represented an Engineering Company in respect of a Public-Private Partnership with the government of Ghana for the construction, development, and financing of a mixed-use waterfront community on approximately 80 acres of land.
- The Firm was engaged by a Netherlands tax advisory firm in respect of a loan facility secured from a Lender against the shareholding of a Norwegian agrarian organization with a Ghanaian subsidiary. Following payment of loan, we were instructed to execute the withdrawal and release of the relevant securities with various agencies including the High Court of Ghana
- B&P represented a client in respect of International Adoption proceedings between a foreign commissioning couple and Ghanaian surrogates.
- B&P advised the local operations team of an international Mining Company on matters of due diligence and compliance in relation to Ghana’s Data Protection Act, 2012, Health and Safety Regulations and Protection against Unfair Protection, 2000 within the context of engaging suitably qualified suppliers for goods and services in the mining industry.
- The Firm has provided full-scale advisory services to a French Upstream Petroleum services company, including incorporating a joint venture partnership in Ghana, setting up its operations, licensing in Ghana, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance in the investment regime.
- B&P was engaged by the Oxford Business Group as its exclusive legal partner for the production of the Legal Framework chapter of the Report dubbed “Ghana 2020”. The Firm produced an in-depth report on Ghana’s legislative framework aimed at encouraging investors interested in commercial ventures in Ghana.
- Commercial, corporate and M&A