Firm Profile > Bangladesh Law Partners | BDLP > Dhaka, Bangladesh
Bangladesh Law Partners | BDLP Offices
2nd Floor, House 429, Road 7
Bangladesh Law Partners | BDLP > Firm Profile
BDLP -LAW FIRM IN DHAKA
Bangladesh Law Partners | BDLP is a full service law firm in Dhaka with multiple departments. It is one of the leading independent practices in Bangladesh reviewed highly by its clientele and peers. In Bangladesh, the legal service industry is going through a transitional phase with a move from individual one lawyer centered practices to more diverse and dynamic law firms consisting of a number of leading lawyers and associates akin to those commonly seen in the west. BDLP takes pride in being one such force in this newly dawning era of the industry. The law firm has already been recognized as one of the top law firms in Bangladesh with its one-stop legal services, multi-disciplinary approach and customer service focused establishment. In recent times, the firm’s litigation team has seen unprecedented success in both trial and appellate courts. The firm also provides retainer services to large conglomerates and high net-worth individuals and has been involved in cross-border financing valued at US $400 million, issuance of debt securities equivalent to US $18 million and formation of multiple joint venture companies with stakeholders from Japan, Malaysia, UK, USA, China etc among others.
Apart from the above, recent highlights of the firm include its work in relation to Hyatt Centric Dhaka (proposed), Sheraton Dhaka, Statutory Reviews and Vetting, Land Due Diligence for proposed power plant, conducting arbitration on a Trade Organization dispute, providing opinion on a proposed statute on Foreign Worker and Migrants Welfare, Joint Venture between a Bangladesh investor & Japanese software company to provide human resource management solution for the Government of Bangladesh, drafting and finalizing Deed of Trust & codifying gratuity rules for Borak Real Estate Ltd which one of the top real estate developers in the country, Vetting of Service Agreements and related documentation for a multi-million dollar worth deal between a five star hotel (The Westin Dhaka) and Hansa Management Ltd., completing land due diligence for Feni Lanka Power Ltd. 114 MW power plant, credit rescheduling as per central bank regulations for multiple troubled agro-based businesses in Satkhira etc.
|Arbitration, Admiralty & Litigation||Barrister Shajib Mahmood Alamemail@example.com||+8801714404050|
|IP & Trademarks||Advocate Md. Rafinur Rahmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||+8801714404060|
|Foreign Investment & Business Setup||Barrister Shajib Mahmood Alamemail@example.com||+8801714404050|
|Commercial Disputes||Advocate Md. Rafinur Rahmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||+8801714404060|
|Banking & Finance||Barrister Shajib Mahmood Alamemail@example.com||+8801714404050|
|Subordinate Courts||Ms Sarmin Aktherfirstname.lastname@example.org||+8801707241611|
|General Queries||Mr Akram Hossainemail@example.com||+8801678604010|
Staff FiguresTotal Lawyers : 12
LanguagesEnglish (fluent) Arabic Bengali Hindi
MembershipsChartered Insitute of Arbitrators Commonwealth Lawyers Association Corporate International
- Advising a local conglomerate relating to a foreign fund arrangement by an U.S based asset management company (Transaction/Funding Value= 400 million USD).
- Review of Charge documents in relation to obtaining of credit facilities from Commercial Bank of Ceylon Limited PLC by a local conglomerate (Transaction value = 1.18 million USD).
- Preparing of mortgaged documents in relation to sanction of credit facilities by Commercial Bank of Ceylon Limited PLC (Transaction Value= 589,094 USD).
- Advising, drafting and reviewing documents and negotiating with key steak holders in relation to issuance of debt securities (Zero Coupon Bond) by a local conglomerate with Strategic Finance Limited (An investment banker) acting as the Mandated Lead Arranger (Transaction Value= 8.83 million USD).
- Vetting of Corporate Guarantee Documentation in favour of CHB Building Technologies for a local client (Transaction Value= 1.5 million USD).
- Formation of a Japan- Bangladesh Joint Venture Tech Company.
- Drafting of Gratuity Trust Deed and Rules for BORAK Real Estate Limited.
- Facilities Management Agreement between HANSA Management Limited (H.R Sourcing Company) and a Five Star Luxury Hotel (Westin, Dhaka).
- Leading an arbitration arranged by Bangladesh Ministry of Commerce representing one of the biggest local Trade Organization (BAIRA).
- Vetting and Advising on amendments to the Overseas Employment and Migrants Rules, 2019.
- Land Due Diligence for a joint venture power plant project in Bangladesh (Total Land Area=630,000 square feet approx.).
- Advising El Corte Ingles on Bangladesh Labour Laws.
- Assisting El Corte Ingles with recovery of Debt from a third party Freight Forwarding agent.
- Handling Acquisition of Star Padma Television Channel.
- Advising and handling legal processes for establishment of Mastermind Abacus franchise in Bangladesh.
- Litigating against China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC) on behalf of Honeycom IT Pvt Limited in relation to commercial dispute.
- Other notable work: Conducting 100+ litigations successfully, numerous private arbitrations and mediations, Helping setup around 50 foreign-Bangladesh joint venture businesses and liaison offices.
Press Releases31st May 2020 Bangladesh Law Partners BDLP, a concern of BDLP Consultancy Ltd reopened its doors on 31st May 2020 after a 10 week physical closure in line with Government & health department directions.
22nd January 2020 - by Barrister Shajib Mahmood Alam In a move to fulfill the conditions of its Private Sector Power Generation Policy, the Government of Bangladesh issued a new circular on the 2nd Day of January, 2020. By operation of the new circular, apart from coal based companies, all power generation companies will enjoy 100% tax exemption. This incentive will be available to all power generation companies who will start operation before 31st December 2022.
Legal Developments5th October 2020 The Companies (Amendment) Act, 2020 was recently passed in the Parliament by amending the existing Companies Act, 1994, which was published in the Gazette on 25 February 2020 with the consent of His Excellency the President and has been in force since that day. Earlier, an initiative was taken to enact a new Companies Act, which seems to have been discontinued for the time being.
5th October 2020 Most Bangladeshi companies are registered as private limited liability companies, commonly known as private limited companies. A private limited company in Bangladesh is a separate legal entity and shareholders are not liable for the company’s debts beyond the amount of share capital they have contributed. According to the Companies Act 1994, any person (foreign or local) above the age of 18 can register a company in Bangladesh.
5th October 2020 It is often seen that many clinics, hospitals, and other medical service providers like diagnostic centers lack basic facilities to handle medical emergencies in their vicinity. In other cases, we have seen cases where certain patients of road accidents or attacks are rejected medical care by hospitals and clinics instead of treating them.