BBGS ABOGADOS > Bogota, Colombia > Firm Profile
BBGS ABOGADOS Offices
CRA 9 # 80-15 OF. 301
EDIFICIO EL NOGAL
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
BBGS ABOGADOS > The Legal 500 Rankings
Colombia > TMT Tier 3BBGS Abogados is recognised for its prominent offerings in the television and digital media spheres, where it provides ongoing advice to major players such as Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television International. Other core areas of activity include advertising, promotions, gaming, software rights and data protection. Myriam Montenegro has strong expertise in matters related to audio-visual productions; she co-heads the department alongside IP partner Felipe Rubio, and Luis Felipe Barrios, who is well versed in the media, entertainment, technology and communications sectors.
Luis Felipe Barrios; Myriam Montenegro; Felipe Rubio
Sony Pictures Television International
Plural Comunicaciones (CANAL 1)
Samsung Electronics Colombia
Abbott Laboratories De Colombia
Axn Colombia Networks
- Advising Amazon Studios on negotiating and drafting development and production services agreements with production companies in Perú and Colombia, among other matters.
- Representing DirtyKitchen on a project with a major Colombian bank, through which the talented authorise the use of their image for the creation of an avatar.
- Advising Teleset and Sony Pictures Television International on all legal matters regarding the pre-production, production and post-production of the audio-visual projects they develop and produce.
Colombia > Intellectual property Tier 4BBGS Abogados‘ IP practice ‘provides a completely personalised service to the needs of each client', say sources. The full-service department combines standalone offerings in industrial property as well as advertising, entertainment and audio-visual production, which ensures that it packs a punch in entertainment-related matters. Indeed, one client attests, ‘I don’t know of another law firm that is as informed about production and television’. Key names include Felipe Rubio, who specialises in copyright and trade mark rights; and Myriam Montenegro, who is highly regarded for her expertise in audio-visual production, cinematography, television and commercial law. The group also benefits from the experience of dispute resolution head Lorenzo Pizarro. Associate Diana Vigoya left the firm in March 2022.
Felipe Rubio; Myriam Montenegro
‘The BBGS team is phenomenal; lawyers put themselves in the client’s shoes and always help us to find the best solution to our concerns and processes. They have skills in all the branches of law in which we have consulted them and they always offer a concrete, timely and cost-effective advice.’
‘The people who make up the team are very capable. Felipe Rubio is the best in intellectual property; he is always attentive and up-to-date.’
‘The team provides a completely personalised service to the needs of each client. It is aware of the importance of providing a good service within the required times, and for this lawyers are willing to adjust their schedules. Additionally, the team has very good relationships with other firms in the sector, which allows it to streamline complex negotiations.’
‘The firm has real knowledge in the entertainment industry; I don’t know of another law firm that is as informed about production and television.’
‘The firm fields excellent lawyers for intellectual property issues, who are complemented by the firm’s litigation practice in an organic and simple way for the client.’
‘We value its deep experience of having successfully managed complex situations in the industry. Felipe Rubio and Lorenzo Pizarro are outstanding partners.’
‘We value the team’s knowledge and customer service; it has not been mistaken in opinions.’
‘Felipe Rubio is the top player in the sector. His recommendations are absolutely adjusted to the business of his clients and he is always available to attend to any emergency.’
Asociación Colombiana de Medios de Información (AMI)
Sony Pictures Television
Dago Garcia Producciones
Orange Brands Services
Fundacion Sanar Niños Con Cancer
Calvin Klein Trademark Trust
Fundación escuela nueva volvamos a la gente
- Represented Ilyon Dynamics in filing two oppositions to trade marks applied for by Hangzhou Mengku Technology.
- Represented Fundación Sanar in its opposition against the trade mark application for “TAPITAS CON AMOR PARA SOÑAR CÚCUTA”, in which it alleged that the trade mark was confusingly similar to the well-known trade mark, “TAPAS PARA SANAR”.
- Successfully represented Dirtykitchen in its opposition against the international trade mark application for DK in class 41.
Colombia > Corporate and M&A Tier 5BBGS Abogados is held in high esteem by clients due to its ability to ‘complete complex transactions on time‘. The group advises on a comprehensive scope of corporate matters, from compliance issues through to capitalisations and M&A transactions. Luis Felipe Barrios is a key contact for corporate, entertainment and private client work and co-heads the department alongside corporate and M&A partner Monica Serrano. Senior associate Natalia Manrique provides core support to the corporate team.
Luis Felipe Barrios; Mónica Serrano
‘The corporate team at BBGS has supported the company in important local and international transactions. We highly value the commitment of the entire team, from associates to partners, to complete complex transactions on time — while adhering the group’s corporate guidelines.’
‘I especially highlight the work of Mónica Serrano, corporate partner, who has significant experience in these matters. Our company values the efficiency of her responses.’
Hitachi Energy Colombia
HBO LAG Servicios Internacionales
HMC Capital Colombia
Holdingselskabet Af 18. September 2020 APS
Turner International Colombia
Smith & Nephew Colombia
Medlab G V / Laboratorio Bio Clínico Gómez Vesga
- Advised Forus on its acquisition of 100% of the shares of UA Colombia from Under Armour Spain.
- Acted for Forus on the purchase of 100% of the shares owned by Wolverine Europe in the companies Forus Colombia and Lifestyle Brands of Colombia.
- Advised Forus Colombia on all stages of the merger between Forus Colombia, Lifestyle Brands of Colombia and UA Colombia.
Dispute resolution > Litigation Tier 5According to satisfied clients, BBGS Abogados provides ‘peace of mind that everything will be managed properly'. Despite its compact size, the dispute resolution team acts for an impressive roster of domestic and international clients, with notable experience in contentious insolvency proceedings, IP litigation and consumer protection cases. IP specialist Felipe Rubio oversees the practice and is noted for his track record in IP litigation, competition disputes and consumer protection-related matters. Associate director Lorenzo Pizarro receives fulsome praise from sources for his focus on maintaining ‘direct, sincere and friendly contact with the client'; he has a broad dispute resolution practice that spans judicial and arbitral procedures. Associate Pablo Arboleda left in April 2022 to join IP firm OlarteMoure.
Luis Felipe Barrios Cadena; Lorenzo Pizarro
‘The firm is very committed to analysing the case before making recommendations to the client. It generates confidence through constant communications that demonstrate the process is being attended to in the best way. It is the first firm to give me peace of mind that everything will be managed properly.’
‘Lorenzo Pizarro is an outstanding associate. Maintains direct, sincere and friendly contact with the client, even if the process is not extensive.’
‘Lorenzo Pizarro is a lawyer who is usually available to take calls or messages from clients. He has excellent clarity when explaining the concepts and steps to follow, which is extremely valuable for clients who are not lawyers. Additionally, he is a lawyer in constant training, so he remains up-to-date.’
‘We value the availability, clarity and professionalism of Lorenzo Pizarro.’
‘The strongest qualities of the dispute resolution team are its close relationships and fluid and fast communication with clients. We highly value that its responses are fast and its availability for meetings is equally effective.’
‘Lorenzo Pizarro, leader of the conflict resolution area, stands out especially for the speed of his responses and the permanent support provided to the client in resolving doubts at any time.’
‘We appreciate the team’s customer service and industry knowledge.’
‘Lawyers are always available to the client, they give a prompt and quality response.’
Smith & Nephew Colombia
Centro Comercial y de Negocios Andino
Lifestyle Brands of Colombia
Fundación Santa fe de Bogotá
Ciudadela Centro Comercial Unicentro
Laboratorio Francolombiano (Lafrancol)
Hitachi Energy Colombia
Sed International de Colombia
Plural Comunicaciones – Canal 1
World Trade Center Association
Caracol Televisión – Canal Caracol
Human Capital Outsourcing
Centro Comercial Palatino
Samsung Electronics Colombia
Inversiones Sillar Segovia & Cia
Casa Editorial El Tiempo
- Representing Samsung Electronics Colombia in the ongoing insolvency process of Avianca Holdings.
- Acted for Smith & Nephew Colombia in the liquidation process of Cafesalud and also in administrative litigation seeking reparation for damages caused during the liquidation process.
- Represented Europastry, as a strategic supplier, in the insolvency proceeding of popular bakery, Tostao.
BBGS ABOGADOS > Firm Profile
BBGS Abogados is a firm that thinks and exists for the Pacific Alliance. One of the most prominent legal firms in Latin America, with offices in Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru. The result of integrating Bambach & Campos (Chile), Barrios & Montenegro (Colombia), García Velasco & García De Luca (Mexico) and Sacovertiz & Landerer (Peru).
BBGS Abogados shares a working DNA materialised in a quick response capacity, a premium product and a fully customized service. BBGS Abogados is clear on several things:
- BBGS Abogados is more than lawyers for its clients, it is a solid and careful support for them, thus becoming their trusted advisors.
- BBGS Abogados is encouraged by challenges, and even more by difficult issues. Above all, it is encouraged by satisfied customers.
- BBGS Abogados have 120% attitude in its veins, always trying to go beyond that expected from the firm.
- BBGS Abogados want to build long-term relationships demonstrating loyalty and commitment.
- BBGS Abogados is visionary and creative. That is why it is a 21st-century firm, which understands today’s language, ready to face generational challenges.
About BBGS Peru: Our office in Lima was founded by Carlos Saco-Vertiz a decade ago. Carlos had huge experience and trajectory in several firms in Peru and was recognized for his knowledge in capital markets and financial law. Later on, his partner Eduardo Landerer joined the team, to create the office they currently lead in Perú.
Today the team is made up of more than 30 lawyers, specialized in financial and capital markets transactions. The firm in Peru is recognized as a leader in complex transactions, specifically related to the banking sector.
|Carlos Saco-Vertizfirstname.lastname@example.org||(51 1) 200 3500|
|Eduardo Landereremail@example.com||(51 1) 200 3500|
|Luis Felipe Barrios||Partner||View Profile|
|Myriam Montenegro||TMT||View Profile|
|Felipe Rubio||Partner||View Profile|
|Monica Serrano||Partner||View Profile|