Evers Soerjatin > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Firm Profile
Evers Soerjatin Offices
1075 AB AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
Evers Soerjatin > The Legal 500 Rankings
Netherlands > Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation Tier 2Evers Soerjatin is ‘an excellent litigation boutique’ with ‘a pragmatic and cost-efficient approach’. Well-known for high-end corporate and commercial disputes work, the practice has a huge amount of experience in representing clients before the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal. Marcel Evers co-heads the team and acts for businesses, shareholders and directors in corporate disputes. Stein van Thiel , who also co-heads the team, is recommended for corporate governance and insolvency matters; Jonas Verheul is also recommended. Ellen Soerjatin stepped down into an of counsel role.
Marcel Evers; Stein van Thiel
Other key lawyers:
Jonas Verheul; Jessica de Rooij; Ellen Soerjatin
‘Practical, solution-driven, down-to-earth and client-minded’.
‘The Evers team is extremely responsive, knowledgeable and professional’.
‘They inspire confidence and are a pleasure to work with’.
‘A specialist litigation boutique with profound knowledge and experience in Enterprise Chamber proceedings’.
‘They stand out in performing difficult, high-profile cases under high time pressure’.
‘Jonas Verheul and Stein van Thiel combine profound and excellent knowledge of corporate and procedural law with a strategic and hands-on approach of complex high-profile cases’.
‘A lot of knowledge of the real estate industry, very flexible and willing to do their utmost’.
‘Evers Soerjatin is a valued partner for complex cases’.
All Dutch Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda and Porsche dealers and service partners
United Dutch Breweries
Various parties affected by the expropriation of SNS Reaal by the Dutch Minister of Finance
- Representing all Dutch Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda and Porsche dealers in the collective actions initiated by Stichting Volkswagen Car Claim and Stichting Diesel Emissions Justice on the emission matter.
- Acting on behalf of Burford in various matters, including against Steinhoff in respect of claims of investment funds with a total value of approximately EUR 422m.
- Representing an international airline in the cartel damages claim proceedings before the Amsterdam District Court.
Evers Soerjatin > Firm Profile
The firm: Evers Soerjatin is an independent litigation boutique dedicated solely to (complex and high-stakes) commercial and corporate dispute resolution.
Areas of practice: Evers Soerjatin is an independent litigation boutique dedicated solely to (complex and high-stakes) commercial and corporate dispute resolution. The firm offers legal support to corporates, their managing and supervisory directors and shareholders, entrepreneurs and investors in (impending) conflicts and high-impact crisis situations.
The key areas in which the firm is active inter alia comprise dispute resolution in respect of: disrupted relationships within or between the bodies of a company, deadlocks in the decision-making process, mergers and acquisitions, financing the company, mismanagement, directors and officers liability, corporate governance, hostile takeovers and anti-takeover protection, squeeze-out of minority shareholders, withdrawal and expulsion of shareholders, restructuring and insolvency, fraud and internal investigations, financial reporting, valuation issues, joint venture relationships and other commercial collaborations, mass damages, including cartel damages, professional liability of commercial service providers (including accountants and civil law notaries) and general contract law and property law issues.
This experience is used both in preventing proceedings (including via commercial mediation) and in litigation before the Dutch courts, including the Enterprise Chamber, as well as in national and international arbitration.
|Dispute resolution||Marcel Eversemail@example.com||+31205727873|
|Dispute resolution||Stein van Thielfirstname.lastname@example.org||+31205727818|
|Dispute resolution||Jessica de Rooijemail@example.com||+31205727866|
|Mr Marcel Evers||attorney-at-law/partner||View Profile|
|Ms Ellen Soerjatin||attorney-at-law/of counsel||View Profile|
|Mr Jonas Verheul||attorney-at-law/partner||View Profile|
|Ms Jessica de Rooij||attorney-at-law/partner||View Profile|
|Mr Stein van Thiel||attorney-at-law/partner||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 16
LanguagesDutch English French Spanish
Evers Soerjatin > Firm Profile
Evers Soerjatin is an independent law firm dedicated solely to complex corporate and commercial dispute resolution. The firm offers legal support to corporates, their managing and supervisory directors and shareholders, entrepreneurs and investors in (impending) conflicts and high impact crisis situations.
We specialise in the following key areas:
- disrupted relationships within or between the bodies of a company
- deadlocks in the decision-making process
- directors and officers liability
- corporate governance
- withdrawal, expulsion and buy-out of shareholders
- financial reporting
- financing and valuation issues
- restructuring and insolvency
- hostile takeovers and anti-takeover protection
- fraud and internal investigations
- appointments by the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal
- collective (damages) actions, including class actions
- mass damages settlements, particularly investors’ and cartel-related damages
- disputes about commercial (joint venture) agreements
- warranty claims and M&A disputes
- professional liability (including accountants and civil-law notaries)
- general contract law and property law issues
|Jessica de Rooijfirstname.lastname@example.org||+31205727866|
|Stein van Thielemail@example.com||+31205727818|
Staff FiguresPartners : 4 Laywers : 15
LanguagesDutch English (fluent) French Spanish German
MembershipsIBA (International Bar Association)
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation