Firm Profile > Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm > Bucharest, Romania
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm Offices
ARA BUSINESS CENTER, 6C PARINTELE GALERIU STREET
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm > The Legal 500 Rankings
Restructuring and insolvency Tier 2
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm is a very popular choice with clients, which range from major creditors, debtors, shareholders, trustees and distressed asset investors. Recently, the team has been instructed on several significant mandates in the manufacturing, financial services and real estate sectors. Managing partner Radu Pavel is noted for his diverse expertise.
‘Excellent and quick service. Close and constructive involvement of senior partner. Good command of legal principles. Good value for money.’
‘Pavel, Margarit & Associates is our law firm for 10 years now and they are very hardworking, timely and diligent insolvency lawyers. We are grateful because thanks to Mr. Pavel and his team of lawyers’ dedication we succeeded in restructuring our business after opening the insolvency proceedings.’
‘Radu Pavel, the managing partner is an outstanding insolvency lawyer with a very entrepreneurial approach, being also an insolvency practitioner. He is also very creative in bankruptcy mandates.’
African Consolidated Resources
Sinarom Mining Group
Real estate and construction Tier 4
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm has an experienced, which is team led by highly regarded managing partner Radu Pavel, who handles contentious and non-contentious matters. The practice acts for several major developers and has recently acted on significant projects in the residential space. The firm also regularly assists manufacturing, retail and mining investors with their acquisitions and portfolios.
‘Pavel, Margarit & Associates is a reputed law firm in the real estate area. They are a very good team of lawyers and I would highly recommend them.’
‘I was impressed by the abilities they possess when it comes to real estate matters, such as acquisitions, consultancy matters and refinancings.’
‘Radu Pavel, the managing partner of the law firm, is highly experienced, very careful with details, and a very diligent and proactive lawyer.’
African Consolidated Resources
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm > Firm Profile
About our firm:
Our mission is to serve our clients in developing, improving and maintaining their legal operations and interests through innovative solutions, long-term and trustworthy commitments, challenging visions and establish a strong law firm that attracts and retains active, loyal, ambitious and authentic talents.
We provide comprehensive legal advice by maintaining high professional standards throughout the delivery process, in a wide range of industries.
We strive each day to solve our clients’ most complex legal issues, to the best of our knowledge and abilities.
We have a burning desire to continuously learn and improve our skills, in order to partner with our clients, to achieve their business objectives.
Our team has a keen eye for detail, a strong orientation in adopting and implementing custom tailored strategies and a focus on bringing value through world-class legal representation.
Our ultimate goal is to offer customized legal solutions beyond customer expectations.
Our core values:
INTEGRITY – We commit ourselves to the highest principles of honesty, fairness and truth.
LOYALTY – We develop long-term relationships with our clients by being trustworthy, transparent and dedicated.
EXCELLENCE – Our clients come first. Our success is measured by our clients’ success. We conduct our business, in accordance with the highest professional standards. We deliver innovative solutions and high-end legal advice to the best of our knowledge. We recruit and retain only the best people and we aim to develop them to perform to the highest level.
ACCOUNTABILITY – We take responsibility for our own actions and results. We commit ourselves to pursue excellence and reach our goals and in the same time we take personal accountability for our actions.
LEGACY – We commit ourselves to the long-term viability of our firm. We value our culture and strive to preserve it.
Radu Catalin Pavel,
The Managing Partner
Pavel, Margarit and Associates Romanian Law Firm
|Corporate, Commercial and M&A||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Corporate, Commercial and M&A||Claudia Pavel|
|Restructuring & Insolvency||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Real Estate & Construction||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Banking, Finance and Capital Markets||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Banking, Finance and Capital Markets||Claudia Pavel|
|Energy||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Litigation and International Arbitration||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Litigation and International Arbitration||Claudia Pavel|
|Administrative and Public Law||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Telecoms, IT, Media and Technology||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Criminal Law and White-Collar Crime||PHD Nicolae Margarit|
|Intellectual property||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|PhD Nicolae Margarit||PhD Nicolae Margarit attorney at law has a vast experience in the…||View Profile|
|PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel||Within more than 13 years of sophisticated and diversified business practice, Radu…||View Profile|
|Claudia Pavel||Claudia is a business oriented professional, with studies in Law and Economics,…||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 15+
LanguagesEnglish French Italian Spanish
MembershipsAsociación Europea de Abogados (AEA International Lawyer Network) Bucharest Bar
OtherManaging Partner : PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel, firstname.lastname@example.org Executive Director : Claudia Pavel, email@example.com
We know that diversity can be reached in a working environment of inclusion, understanding, respect and opportunity where everyone can reach their potential.
We recruit and retain the best people and we aim to develop them to perform to the highest level.
By valuing differences among people and utilizing the best talents of everyone, we maximize the productivity, creativity, contribution and commitment of our team.
Our commitment is to provide our clients with the highest quality legal service in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible. We appreciate the differences among our people and the benefit from diversity of their background and experiences.
We commit ourselves to the highest principles of honesty, fairness and truth.
We commit ourselves to the long-term viability of our firm. We value our culture and strive to preserve it.
The firm is committed to ensure equal opportunity to all its staff. Thru its history, the firm promoted diversity by hiring and retention of women as lawyers and staff.
The firm diversity vision is to develop professional opportunities and to foster an environment in which minorities and women may perform proudly and give the firms clients the benefits of a law firm balanced fully in terms of race, ethnicity and gender.
Our success in retention has resulted from the appraisals of performance and realistic evaluations regarding the potential for promotion.
The firm is providing coaching and mentoring to associate lawyers.
The firm values diversity because it encourages the innovative thinking that results from a broad range of perspectives.
We believe in supporting pro bono cases that have a meaningful impact and we undertake pro bono matters with the same innovative solutions and high-end legal advice to the best of our knowledge that we deliver in all our work.
As part of our law firm commitment in CSR, sponsorships and pro bono, we are sustaining scientific associations to achieve their goals, we are sustaining scientific magazines and we provide learning materials for members.
1. Assisted one of the biggest foreign investors in Romanian mining industry, a leading UK AIM listed company, Vast Resources Plc, in a cross-border transaction spanning three jurisdictions, regarding a Prepayment Agreement with a value up to USD 9.5 million with one of the largest integrated energy and commodity trading companies in the world. Our services included: drafting the sale-purchase agreements for ore concentrate, drafting legal opinions, regulatory matters in environmental, water management, exploitation licence and exploration program, including fulfilling all the precedent and subsequent conditions of the transaction. Negotiation, registration and perfection of the security documents in connection with the transaction documentation.
2. Assisted a leading UK Ltd company, with operations in mineral resources and gold exploration, in a cross-border acquisition of a Romanian gold exploration company. Legal services: drafting the SPA, fulfilment of the Condition Precedent, due diligence on mining matters, transaction structuring, natural resources regulatory matters, compliance matters, corporate and mining legislation, contracts, security documents.
3. Assisted one of the biggest foreign investors in Romanian mining industry, a leading UK AIM listed company focused in Zimbabwe, Zambia and other jurisdictions, in the two phase cross-border acquisition of a leading Romanian mining company. Our services included: drafting the transaction documents, security documents, advising on due diligence mining matters, transaction structuring and natural resources regulatory and compliance matters.
4. Assisted the main shareholders of a top hypermarket in Romania in a transaction of acquisition of shares from a minority shareholder. The advice included the analysis of the sale assets, the preparation and negotiation of the sale – purchase agreement, corporate approvals and debt assignments.
5. Advised in day-to-day legal operations a major real estate developer in Romania, in the development of a five stars resort, in value over EUR 100 million. Legal advice: legal opinions on real estate legal issues, asset evaluation, due diligence, regulatory matters, drafting and negotiation of promissory sale and sale purchase agreements, transaction and security documents, real estate litigation matters.
6. Advised a multi-commodity resource exploration and development company in Romania, in a multi-million Euros merger through absorption project with a former state owned mining company. Our services included: advising on mining due diligence matters, transaction structuring and regulatory matters, advice on regulatory framework in mining and regarding the compliance matters.
7. Advised a leading Italian energy player in the acquisition of a photovoltaic Project in Romania. Our services included: drafting the SPA, regulatory issues, concession, electricity agreements, licensing, assisting with procedural steps and liaising with the relevant authorities in the energy field, advising on regulatory framework in energy and compliance matters.
8. Advised a major Romanian iron and steel manufacturer in a successful reorganization process during the entire insolvency procedure until the reintegration into the Romanian economic circuit. The company held assets amounting over EUR 2.8 million. Our services included: reorganization process strategy, reorganization plan documentation, Director’s liabilities, large loans reschedule, preliminary table of receivables appeals, Reorganization Plan drafting and implementation. The firm successfully secured for the Client a large haircut of the unsecured claims, which was essential for company’s restructuration.