Firm Profile > Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm > Bucharest, Romania
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm Offices
ARA BUSINESS CENTER, 6C PARINTELE GALERIU STREET
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
- Notable Cases
- Legal Developments
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm > The Legal 500 Rankings
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm has built a strong and varied client base including creditors, debtors, distressed asset investors and shareholders. The team handles contentious and non-contentious issues, and also has a solid track record on directors' liabilities. Recently the firm was involved in several significant mandates in the real estate and financial services sectors. Managing partner Radu Pavel is well regarded.
‘PMA has represented us in court and we were impressed with their expertise in insolvency law, their in-court performance and involvement into creating a case strategy that really pursues the interest of the client. They understand what it is needed in order to win, they plan for it and act accordingly’
‘Radu Pavel, the managing partner, is very savvy and has an impressive track record of successful restructuring and insolvency case files. Besides the legal knowledge, he can manage his team very well so as to deliver an all encompassing assistance pertaining to matters across various practices.’
Patria Bank SA
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm has solid contentious and non-contentious real estate and construction expertise. The firm acts for several investors and developers, and regularly advises natural resources companies on their related issues. In addition, the firm has recently represented developers on several significant residential projects outside of Bucharest. Radu Pavel leads the team.
Radu Pavel is very committed and involved in the projects he undertakes, always making sure that my company`s best interest is pursued. ’
‘PMA is a well reputed law firm with excellent knowledge of the industry and experience in assisting in all stages of a deal. ’
‘The law firm assisted us with some acquisition projects and they were extremely efficient. They know the industry sector, they have the experience and a very well prepared team of lawyers that assisted us in all stages of the transaction.’
African Consolidated Resources SRL
Patria Bank SA
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm > Firm Profile
The firm: Our mission is to serve our clients in developing, improving and maintaining their legal operations and interests through innovative solutions, long-term and trustworthy commitments, challenging visions and establish a strong law firm that attracts and retains active, loyal, ambitious and authentic talents.
We provide comprehensive legal advice by maintaining high professional standards throughout the delivery process, in a wide range of industries.
We strive each day to solve our clients’ most complex legal issues, to the best of our knowledge and abilities.
We have a burning desire to continuously learn and improve our skills, in order to partner with our clients, to achieve their business objectives.
Our team has a keen eye for detail, a strong orientation in adopting and implementing custom tailored strategies and a focus on bringing value through world-class legal representation.
Our ultimate goal is to offer customized legal solutions beyond customer expectations.
Our core values
Integrity: We commit ourselves to the highest principles of honesty, fairness and truth.
Loyalty: We develop long-term relationships with our clients by being trustworthy, transparent and dedicated.
Excellence: Our clients come first. Our success is measured by our clients’ success. We conduct our business, in accordance with the highest professional standards. We deliver innovative solutions and high-end legal advice to the best of our knowledge. We recruit and retain only the best people and we aim to develop them to perform to the highest level.
Accountability: We take responsibility for our own actions and results. We commit ourselves to pursue excellence and reach our goals and in the same time we take personal accountability for our actions.
Legacy: We commit ourselves to the long-term viability of our firm. We value our culture and strive to preserve it.
Managing partner: Radu Catalin Pavel
|Corporate, Commercial and M&A||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Corporate, Commercial and M&A||Claudia Pavel|
|Restructuring & Insolvency||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Real Estate & Construction||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Banking, Finance and Capital Markets||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Banking, Finance and Capital Markets||Claudia Pavel|
|Energy||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Litigation and International Arbitration||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Litigation and International Arbitration||Claudia Pavel|
|Administrative and Public Law||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Telecoms, IT, Media and Technology||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|Criminal Law and White-Collar Crime||PHD Nicolae Margarit|
|Intellectual property||PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel|
|PhD Nicolae Margarit||PhD Nicolae Margarit attorney at law has a vast experience in the…||View Profile|
|PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel||Within more than 13 years of sophisticated and diversified business practice, Radu…||View Profile|
|Claudia Pavel||Claudia is a business oriented professional, with studies in Law and Economics,…||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 15+
LanguagesEnglish French Italian Spanish
MembershipsAsociación Europea de Abogados (AEA International Lawyer Network) Bucharest Bar
OtherManaging Partner : PhDc Radu Catalin Pavel, firstname.lastname@example.org Executive Director : Claudia Pavel, email@example.com
We know that diversity can be reached in a working environment of inclusion, understanding, respect and opportunity where everyone can reach their potential.
We recruit and retain the best people and we aim to develop them to perform to the highest level.
By valuing differences among people and utilizing the best talents of everyone, we maximize the productivity, creativity, contribution and commitment of our team.
Our commitment is to provide our clients with the highest quality legal service in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible. We appreciate the differences among our people and the benefit from diversity of their background and experiences.
We commit ourselves to the highest principles of honesty, fairness and truth.
We commit ourselves to the long-term viability of our firm. We value our culture and strive to preserve it.
The firm is committed to ensure equal opportunity to all its staff. Thru its history, the firm promoted diversity by hiring and retention of women as lawyers and staff.
The firm diversity vision is to develop professional opportunities and to foster an environment in which minorities and women may perform proudly and give the firms clients the benefits of a law firm balanced fully in terms of race, ethnicity and gender.
Our success in retention has resulted from the appraisals of performance and realistic evaluations regarding the potential for promotion.
The firm is providing coaching and mentoring to associate lawyers.
The firm values diversity because it encourages the innovative thinking that results from a broad range of perspectives.
We believe in supporting pro bono cases that have a meaningful impact and we undertake pro bono matters with the same innovative solutions and high-end legal advice to the best of our knowledge that we deliver in all our work.
As part of our law firm commitment in CSR, sponsorships and pro bono, we are sustaining scientific associations to achieve their goals, we are sustaining scientific magazines and we provide learning materials for members.
1. Assisted one of the biggest foreign investors in Romanian mining industry, a leading UK AIM listed company, Vast Resources Plc, in a cross-border transaction spanning three jurisdictions, regarding a Prepayment Agreement with a value up to USD 9.5 million with one of the largest integrated energy and commodity trading companies in the world. Our services included: drafting the sale-purchase agreements for ore concentrate, drafting legal opinions, regulatory matters in environmental, water management, exploitation licence and exploration program, including fulfilling all the precedent and subsequent conditions of the transaction. Negotiation, registration and perfection of the security documents in connection with the transaction documentation.
2. Assisted a leading UK Ltd company, with operations in mineral resources and gold exploration, in a cross-border acquisition of a Romanian gold exploration company. Legal services: drafting the SPA, fulfilment of the Condition Precedent, due diligence on mining matters, transaction structuring, natural resources regulatory matters, compliance matters, corporate and mining legislation, contracts, security documents.
3. Assisted one of the biggest foreign investors in Romanian mining industry, a leading UK AIM listed company focused in Zimbabwe, Zambia and other jurisdictions, in the two phase cross-border acquisition of a leading Romanian mining company. Our services included: drafting the transaction documents, security documents, advising on due diligence mining matters, transaction structuring and natural resources regulatory and compliance matters.
4. Assisted the main shareholders of a top hypermarket in Romania in a transaction of acquisition of shares from a minority shareholder. The advice included the analysis of the sale assets, the preparation and negotiation of the sale – purchase agreement, corporate approvals and debt assignments.
5. Advised in day-to-day legal operations a major real estate developer in Romania, in the development of a five stars resort, in value over EUR 100 million. Legal advice: legal opinions on real estate legal issues, asset evaluation, due diligence, regulatory matters, drafting and negotiation of promissory sale and sale purchase agreements, transaction and security documents, real estate litigation matters.
6. Advised a multi-commodity resource exploration and development company in Romania, in a multi-million Euros merger through absorption project with a former state owned mining company. Our services included: advising on mining due diligence matters, transaction structuring and regulatory matters, advice on regulatory framework in mining and regarding the compliance matters.
7. Advised a leading Italian energy player in the acquisition of a photovoltaic Project in Romania. Our services included: drafting the SPA, regulatory issues, concession, electricity agreements, licensing, assisting with procedural steps and liaising with the relevant authorities in the energy field, advising on regulatory framework in energy and compliance matters.
8. Advised a major Romanian iron and steel manufacturer in a successful reorganization process during the entire insolvency procedure until the reintegration into the Romanian economic circuit. The company held assets amounting over EUR 2.8 million. Our services included: reorganization process strategy, reorganization plan documentation, Director’s liabilities, large loans reschedule, preliminary table of receivables appeals, Reorganization Plan drafting and implementation. The firm successfully secured for the Client a large haircut of the unsecured claims, which was essential for company’s restructuration.
Legal Developments30th June 2021 In the context of technological development and the appearance of various social networks that are expanding and monopolizing our lives, the criminal phenomena has also increased accordingly to the development and improvement of various methods that are materialized in computer crimes in Romania. Pavel, Margarit and Associates Romanian Law Firm recommends addressing to a lawyer which is specialized both in the criminal law for the purpose of submitting criminal claims, but also in the civil law in order to provide assistance and representation in disputes in Romania for obtaining reparation for the infringement of personal rights, such as the right to image.
24th June 2021 Executive summary: The procedure for deregistration of data from the central credit register is a novelty from the perspective that it may be forbidden to register in the Central Credit Register or in other negative databases of the debtor. A lawyer specializing in banking, finance and capital markets law is empowered to send a notice to the creditor in order to settle the obligations regarding the payment of real estate.
4th June 2021 Any person who faces a tax decision issued by an authority within the National Agency for Fiscal Administration (ANAF) has the right to challenge it, as provided in the tax legislation. Pavel, Margarit and Associates recommends a lawyer specialized in tax law and tax dispute and litigation may proceed to take all steps to file an appeal against tax decision in the event that a natural or legal person feels harmed by the issued a tax decision.