Firm Profile > Schima Mayer Starlinger Rechtsanwälte GmbH > Vienna, Austria
Schima Mayer Starlinger Rechtsanwälte GmbH Offices
Schima Mayer Starlinger Rechtsanwälte GmbH > The Legal 500 Rankings
Projects and energy Tier 2
With a superb reputation for energy sector work, Schima Mayer Starlinger Rechtsanwälte GmbH covers the whole spectrum of electricity and gas regulatory matters including state aid and competition law as well as contentious issues. Team head Thomas Starlinger is highly regarded in the market and supported by Moritz Am Ende; both 'provide accurate and speedy answers'.
EU and competition Tier 3
Schima Mayer Starlinger Rechtsanwälte GmbH's EU and competition practice is noted for its strength in the energy, media and tourism sectors. Practice head Christian Mayer represented Sri Trang Agro-Industries in proceedings relating to restrictions on the global distribution of joint venture products, leading to a landmark judgment by the Austrian Supreme Court; acted for a financial services company in Austrian merger control proceedings concerning the acquisition of a leading manufacturer; and is advising the Association of Austrian Hoteliers on a variety of matters, including competition law, state aid and general EU legislation. Moritz Am Ende is also noted.
Schima Mayer Starlinger Rechtsanwälte GmbH > Firm Profile
SCHIMA MAYER STARLINGER was founded in November 2018 as a merger of two law firms (Starlinger Mayer Attorneys‑ at‑Law and the team around Georg Schima and Birgit Vogt-Majarek, partners of the former law firm Kunz Schima Wallentin), each well-established in their respective fields.
Today, we have a dedicated team of more than 50 people, half of which are lawyers. As a modern, service-oriented law firm, SCHIMA MAYER STARLINGER not only offers first-class legal advice, but is also committed to finding economically viable solutions for the concerns of our clients. Strength is found in our team which possesses long-standing experience, excellent know-how and combines efficiency with effectiveness. To find the perfect solution for our clients and to communicate as clearly and easily as possible is our highest premise. Therefore, in addition to competent legal advice personal needs take centre stage for us. Our team always develops special and individual representation strategies that are completely in line with clients’ current needs. Together, the experience and competences will be bundled and strengthened as well as expanded in the long term. Further details can be found on our website www.sms.law
Business law is our area of expertise.
- Employment Law – Leading in the area of employment law especially Georg Schima, Birgit Vogt-Majarek, Natalie Hahn and Maria Schedle are named as highly renowned experts. In Austria we are the sole partner of worldwide and unique lawyer network Ius Laboris. Our services include, inter alia, Collective and individual employment law, Operational restructuring and business transitions, justification and termination of employment, Manager employment contracts and variable compensation models for executives, Design and adaptation of working time models, Company pension schemes and pension fund law, Collective agreement special subjects, Cross-border personnel deployment, immigration, Wage and social dumping as well as representation in proceedings before national and international courts as well as administrative authorities.
- Energy Law – Our team, especially Thomas Starlinger, has many years of relevant industry experience, both from an industrial and consultant perspective. Our strength is advice regarding energy law in combination with our competition and European law expertise.
- Competition and Antitrust Law – Christian Mayer and Moritz am Ende are well-known experts and help clients to avoid risks and exploit opportunities. When needed they assist clients before national and international competition authorities and courts. Antitrust risk analysis, transaction planning and monitoring, development and implementation of compliance programs, contract review and contract design, merger applications – to give an example – are essential parts of our legal advice.
- Corporate Law, Corporate Governance, M&A – The teams around Georg Schima, Stephan Schmalzl, Christian Mayer, Valerie Toscani, Birgit Vogt-Majarek, are very experienced legal experts, providing our clients with corporate advice tailored to their goals. We offer a wide range of services, inter alia, mergers, demergers, restructuring and reorganizations, Due Diligences, Corporate Governance-Legal Issues (Organ-Conflicts of Interest, related party transactions, delimitation of responsibilities, stock-option programs etc), creation and amendment of articles of association or company and syndicate contracts, rules of procedure and much more.
- Dispute Resolution, Litigation – Dispute resolution starts with avoidance of dispute. If a process cannot be avoided, we first analyse opportunities and risks. With all our international experience and a well-rehearsed team around Georg Schima, Christian Mayer, Thomas Starlinger, Stephan Schmalzl and Valerie Toscani we always try to enforce the interests of our clients without lengthy and costly trials,
- Banking and Finance – Austrian and international financial institutions and companies of all size ranges rely especially on Stephan Schmalzl’s expertise and solution-oriented consulting approach in all areas of banking and finance law.
- European and State Aid Law – Our expert Moritz Am Ende advises clients on all aspects of Austrian and EU competition law, including State aid law, as well as general EU and EEA law.
- IP/IT, Unfair Competition, Data Protection Law
- Public Law – We assist companies regarding public law issues, in particular in connection with regulatory and employment law, procurement law etc. particularly noteworthy are Thomas Starlinger and Birgit Vogt-Majarek.
- Real Estate Law – Our legal experts provide legal advice in all matters relating to real estate and construction projects: from the selection procedure through development and management to the transfer of payment or gratuitous transmission.
|Dispute resolution||Thomas Starlinger|
|Dispute resolution||Christian Mayer|
|Real estate||Karina Moneta|
|Real estate||Thomas Starlinger|
|Competition||Moritz Am Ende|
|Europe||Moritz Am Ende|