Firm Profile > Meshari Al Osaimi Attorneys and Legal Consultants > Kuwait City, Kuwait
Meshari Al Osaimi Attorneys and Legal Consultants Offices
AL-DAWLIYAH COMMERCIAL CENTER
BLOCK 2, FIRST FLOOR, PO BOX 22900
KUWAIT CITY 13089
Meshari Al Osaimi Attorneys and Legal Consultants > The Legal 500 Rankings
Oil and gas Tier 2
Meshari Al Osaimi Attorneys and Legal Consultants' strengths across multiple discplines enables it to provide full-service support to domestic and international clients. Banking and finance, employment and tax are among the firm's areas of expertise. It also supports clients on the establishment of joint ventures and dispute resolution. Managing partner Meshari Mohamed Al Osaimi is recommended.
Meshari Al Osaimi Attorneys and Legal Consultants > Firm Profile
The firm: Meshari Al Osaimi Law Firm is one of the oldest and renowned legal service providers in Kuwait, established more than three decades ago, in 1984, by two prominent lawyers: Hamad Al-Joaan and Meshari Al-Osaimi. Both late founders were also elected members of Kuwait National Parliament. The two lawyers were appointed by the Kuwait government to handle the establishment of the national pension and retirement system, ‘The Kuwait Public Institution for Social Security’, which introduced the social insurance laws and legal regime for pensions and retirement in the country.
Today, ALF has more than 60 lawyers and legal counsel, in addition to paralegals and support staff.
The firm’s international department constitutes a unique team that is fluently bilingual. All Kuwaiti attorneys are members of the Kuwaiti Bar Association. Two lawyers are candidates of the U.S. State Bar in California and New York. All lawyers completed undergraduate and/or graduate degrees from international legal systems such as India, the UK, the US (LLMs and JDs).
Areas of practice: Agencies, distributorship and franchising; arbitration and ADR (alternative dispute resolution); banking, investment and finance; bankruptcy and restructuring; capital markets; construction and engineering; doing business in Kuwait; employment and labour; insurance; intellectual property rights; Islamic finance; joint ventures and start ups; litigation; mergers and acquisitions (M&A); oil, gas and energy; private clients, family business, family office and international offshore centres; real estate and property; telecommunication, media and technology (TMT).
Engineering and finance department: in line with ALF striving for efficiency and uniqueness, it has added engineering and finance departments. The departments comprise expert engineers and accountants acting as the firm’s experts in client disputes (litigations or extra-judicial) and further advise clients in their construction projects, or in conducting due diligence, forensic finance and studies.
Some of the past and current deals and transactions:
- Assisting Kuwait national oil companies in the pre-litigation process concerning disputes arising from multimillion dollars oil refinery projects.
- Advising US private contracting companies in regards to ministerial regulations and governmental property in relation to governmental concessions and international disputes.
- Architecting ways for foreign health practitioners to work in private clinics with Kuwaiti Partners.
- Advising one of the leading closing holding companies based in Kuwait with regional and international offices on its IPO listing on the London stock market, with a deal value of US$300m.
- Advising one of the largest oil and gas companies headquartered in Tokyo on their clean fuel project awarded by the Kuwaiti government; the total contract value of the project is US$16bn.
- Advising the chairman of a family office on behalf of a leading merchant and ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) family based in Kuwait with assets, investments, and operations in the region and overseas, establishment of trusts, foundations and offshore structures, wealth management planning and succession to ensure preservation generation to generation. ALF worked on the establishment of a complex offshore structure in the Channel Islands, BVI and Cayman as a holding company and as an umbrella of all its subsidiaries for assets, investments and operations to minimise risks and liabilities.
- Advising a leading international oilfield services company based in London on their compliance and legal issues in Kuwait, on upstream and downstream works, and assisting the foreign company on their strategy and development with the Kuwait public sector and oil industry.
- Advising an oil and gas multinational company on laws and compliance issues related to technical services agreements (TSA) and enhanced technical services agreements (ETSA) with Kuwait Petroleum Company and its subsidiaries.
ALF acts as the primary legal adviser for one of the largest telecommunications companies in Kuwait. ALF is also heavily involved in one of the largest money laundering cases in Kuwait; the international Department is currently investigating the feasibility of initiating case- related lawsuits in the US, UK and UAE.
ALF has a lead role in advising a Kuwait government-owned company in providing legal services for upgrading facilities of the country and supporting delivery of high-quality tourism and recreation sites and cities to the residents of Kuwait and visitors. The role is led by partners Mr Hussain Al Ghareeb, Mr Mohammed Alosaimi, Mr Ali Alattar and Mr Hassan Almousawi.
|Oil, gas and energy||Hassan Al Mousawi|
|Oil, gas and energy||Mohammed Alosaimifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Oil, gas and energy||Saad Al Asfouremail@example.com|
|Banking, investment and finance||Hussain AlGhareeb|
|Banking, investment and finance||Ali Al Attar|
|Banking, investment and finance||Hassan Al Mousawi|
|Banking, investment and finance||Waleed Elzubeir|
|Banking, investment and finance||Samer Al Alami|
|Construction and engineering||Ashraf Al Sharkawi|
|Construction and engineering||Husain Al Ghareeb|
|Construction and engineering||Mohammed Al Osaimi|
|Government tenders and contracts||Adel Botros|
|Government tenders and contracts||Hassan Al Mousawi|
|Government tenders and contracts||Ali Al Attar|
|Government tenders and contracts||Hisham Al Mulla|
|Employment and labor||Husain Al Ghareeb|
|Complex inheritances||Mohammed Al Osaimi|
|Litigation||Meshari Al Osaimi|
|Litigation||Hussain Al Ghareeb|
|Litigation||Hassan Al Mousawi|
|Litigation||Ali Al Attar|
|Commercial and business||Hussain Al Ghareeb|
|Commercial and business||Hassan Al Mousawi|
|Commercial and business||Ali Al Attar|
|Commercial and business||Nada Bourahmah|
|Commercial and business||Dalal Al Sulaitifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Commercial and business||Mohammed Al Osaimi|
|Arbitration, mediation and ADR||Meshari Al Osaimi|
|Arbitration, mediation and ADR||Adel Botros|
|Arbitration, mediation and ADR||Husain Al Ghareeb|
|Capital markets and securities||Husain Al Ghareeb|
|Capital markets and securities||Ali Al Attar|
|Capital markets and securities||Mohammed Al Juaan|
|Bankruptcy and restructuring||Hassan Al Mousawi|
|Bankruptcy and restructuring||Mohammed Al Juaan|
|Intellectual property rights||Ali Al Attar|
|Intellectual property rights||Khadija Khalaf|
|Contract law, Employment, Commercial||Shamoil Ranijwalaemail@example.com|
|Telecommunication, Employment, Commercial||Shahad Al Melhemfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contract Law, Employment, Intellectual Property||Mai Sartawiemail@example.com|