Fréget Glaser & Associés > Paris, France > Firm Profile
Fréget Glaser & Associés Offices
7, rue Royale
Fréget Glaser & Associés > The Legal 500 RankingsFréget Glaser & Associés was founded in early 2021 after Emmanuel Glaser left Veil Jourde to join Fréget & Associés. Competition law star Olivier Fréget and Glaser have created a prominent alliance of high-level economic law, competition law and public law expertise. Glaser is highly regarded for his excellent regulatory expertise and co-heads the public law practice alongside Sandrine Perrotet who joined the firm alongside Glaser. The team is particularly well regarded for its strong knowledge of the media, energy and transport sectors where it assists leading players in the field in dealing with their most strategic issues, often involving major industry reforms and regulatory disputes. It recently completed significant work in those areas, notably challenging regulated tariffs issues before courts. The practice is also in charge of significant matters on behalf of regulated judicial professions.
Emmanuel Glaser; Sandrine Perrotet
FRENCH INDEPENDENT ASSOCIATION OF ELECTRICITY AND GAS (“AFIEG”)
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION ENERGY OF ENERGY RETAILERS (“ANODE”)
GROUPE CANAL PLUS
STATE / DIRECTORATE GENERAL FOR HEALTH
CONSEIL SUPERIEUR DU NOTARIAT
COMPAGNIE NATIONALE DES COMMISSAIRES
SOCIETE DE PARTICIPATIONS ET DE GESTIONS
TOTAL DIRECT ENERGIE
CENTRE NATIONAL D’ENSEIGNEMENT A DISTANCE
- Successfully represented AFIEG in litigation to obtain the suspension of contracts entered into by the electricity suppliers with EDF.
- Advised Canal Plus Group on the very sensitive issue of the modification of the French ‘media chronology’ for films (the equivalent of the release window in the UK).
- Advising SNCF Réseau on strategic railway regulation issues and its most sensitive litigation.
Johnson & Johnson
Groupe Canal Plus
Francaise de l’énergie
Transatlantis II Fund
- Representing Novartis in its appeal against the French Competition Authority’s decision in the Lucentis/Avastin case, imposing a total of €444m fine on Novartis and Roche/Genentech for abuse of collective dominant position.
- Represented Google in the ad tech sector where the French Competition Authority issued a settlement decision combining a reduced fine (€220m) and extensive commitments offered by Google in the online advertising.
- Representing racehorse betting company Pari mutuel urbain (PMU) before the Paris Court of appeal in its challenge against the €0.9m fine imposed by the French competition authority for breaching a 2014 commitment to separate online and offline bets.
Fréget Glaser & Associés > Firm Profile
Fréget Glaser & Associés has now a well-established high-end practice in the field of competition and regulation, with a litigation dominant.
The firm’s vision (competition on the merits) is to be on the side of businesses aiming to grow based on their merits (innovation, challenge of incumbents, particularly in infrastructure industries). The FGA team is representing key national and international businesses operating in France (particularly in the TMT, energy and life-sciences sectors – Iliad, TotalEnergies, Groupe Canal Plus, Novartis, Janssen-Cilag, Bayer) and is also advising Google on some of its cases before the French Competition Authority.
We believe that our key differentiator with respect to other law firms, especially those driven by their corporate department, is the ability to propose complex litigation strategies fitting with the client’s overall business strategy. The legal strategies we strive to propose encompass any type of competition law work, from cartels to abuse of dominance, to challenging anti-competitive regulations and offer expertise at both national and EU level.
|Pharmaceuticals – life sciences|
|Electronic communication – information technology|
|Media – TV, radio, press|
|Land and air transport|