Peltier Juvigny Marpeau & Associés > Paris, France > Firm Profile
Peltier Juvigny Marpeau & Associés Offices
49 AVENUE DE L’OPÉRA
Peltier Juvigny Marpeau & Associés > The Legal 500 RankingsPeltier Juvigny Marpeau & Associés assists major multinationals with a diverse range of regulatory and competition law matters. Merger controls, private enforcement, proceedings before the French Competition Authority and the European Commission, dawn raids, fines and state aid matters account for the bulk of the caseload. The group is headed by antitrust litigation authority Olivier de Juvigny, Thibault Reymond, who specialises in the pharmaceutical and agricultural sectors, and competition law expert Ning-Ly Seng. Other core sectors include the banking, media and entertainment, retail and security sectors. Associate Thomas Bardusco is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very nice team that knows perfectly the challenges of the distribution sector and knows how to support its clients on key competition files. Very good practice in competition litigation and supplier litigation as well.’
‘Olivier de Juvigny: excellent professional, strategist in the files, involved, rigorous, perfect. Excellent interpersonal skills. Thibault Reymond: very good technician.’
‘Dynamic and creative team and close to their clients.’
‘Ning-Ly Seng is a remarkable lawyer, extremely involved and attentive to the needs of her client.’
Caisse des dépôts
Camus La Grande Marque
Compagnie des Alpes
Baring Private Equity Asia
- Represented Veolia Environment in its takeover bid over Suez.
- Represented Servier and its subsidiary Biogaran in ‘a pay for delay’ and abuse of dominant position case, the result of which was that the fine imposed on Servier was substantially reduced.
- Represented Casino before the General Court, obtaining partial annulment of the European Commission decision authorising dawn raids at its premises.
Other key lawyers:
‘Complementary and very competent team.’
‘Frédéric Peltier is always available and provides tailor-made advice.’
Jekiti Mar Capital
France > Insolvency Tier 3At Peltier Juvigny Marpeau & Associés, practice head Nicolas Partouche often acts for debtors and insolvency practitioners in complex cases, including litigation (e.g. liabilities litigation). The team is in high demand, in particular for mid-size market restructuring and insolvency cases, but also regularly receives instructions for high-profile cases such as recently the Courtepaille and Rallye ones in which the team respectively acting for the company and the mandataires judiciaires. The practice is managing several matters in the retail and hospitality sector.
‘A dynamic and very knowledgeable team.’
‘Rapid understanding of issues.’
SELAS MJS PARTNERS
SCP Abitbol & Rousselet
Mr. Thierry Glories
- Advised Courtepaille Group on one of the most important judicial reorganisations in France caused by the COVID pandemic (4,000 employees, 278 restaurants).
- Advised Parashop Group on its judicial reorganisation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic (62 stores, 500 employees).
- Advised SELAFA MJA (liquidators) on its most significant cases.
France > Employment Tier 4Peltier Juvigny Marpeau & Associés
Other key lawyers:
‘A team involved in its files, responsive and very reassuring for clients. At ease in English and French and very pedagogical.’
‘François Troadec is very accessible, precise and pragmatic. A business and dealmaker spirit.’
‘Very good knowledge of the banking sector. Ability to develop a long-term client relationship with personalised support, taking into account the DNA and client issues, and not just ‘standard’ legal advice. Tenacity to bring difficult negotiations to a successful conclusion.’
‘Aurélie Fournier provides tailor-made advice, delivering secure solutions for our organisation and adapted to the situations to be managed. Takes into account all of the risk parameters (image, financial). High level of expertise, shared with the client. High relationship confidence which is key given the sensitivity of the subjects Responsiveness, with a labour law team listening to us whatever the time of year. Other members of the team that are appreciated: Marien Chabot, Cindy Souffrin, François Troadec’.
‘Editorial qualities and in-depth analysis of the documents.’
‘Good availability and rigour.’
‘Aurélie Fournier and François Troadec are excellent lawyers focused on client satisfaction.’
‘Aurélie Fournier is pugnacious, entirely dedicated to her clients, pragmatic & a dealmaker. She is also excellent in negotiations and litigation.’
- Advised BNP Paribas at group level on the definition of employees’ compensation relating to Covid-19 in France.
- Assisted Baccarat with the employment and labour aspects of the reorganisation of its debt that led to the takeover bid launched by its shareholder.
- Represented BNP Paribas in a litigation before the Paris tribunal judiciaire to challenge the appointment of a CGT representative to the working council.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is very solid, always available and the quality of its work is excellent. Very pragmatic and always in a good mood. Prices in the market, but without excess.’
‘Benoit Marpeau is quite simply amazing: always available, capable of an enormous workload, true leader of his team, very pragmatic with a high negotiation capacity and persuasive, the work done is always of a high level and finally very nice and full of humor which allows him not to take himself too seriously. For me one of the very best advocates of the Paris market practice.’
‘Highly available and efficient team. Lawyers who handle a very wide range of cases, from the simplest to the most complex, with a lot of commitment and rigour.’
‘Very high responsiveness and intelligence to deal with complex subjects.’
‘Small, but very complementary team, with a seamless service.’
‘The partner Benoit Marpeau is very available and accessible and has an excellent mastery of M&A subjects. He is effectively supported by his staff, including Solène Thomas, who demonstrates calm and efficiency.’
‘Benoit Marpeau’s team has become essential in a few years in Paris. Their technicality and responsiveness are at the level of the best teams in the market, and they add an excellent relationship with clients.’
‘Benoit Marpeau manages to reconcile in a rare way the qualities of a formidable negotiator and a very sharp technician.’
Compagnie des Alpes
- Advising Groupe Casino in the context of a €735m transaction: sale to the Aldi group of 545 Leader Price stores, 2 Casino supermarkets and 3 warehouses.
- Advising Indigo Group, the world-leading car parking and individual mobility group, in the context of two different but linked acquisitions (off-street parking activities of Transdev Group and parking concessions and long-term leases portfolio of Covivio).
- Advising Groupe Séché Environnement in the context of the acquisition of eight waste collection and sanitation centers of the Véolia group.
Peltier Juvigny Marpeau & Associés > Firm Profile
The firm: Dethomas Peltier Juvigny & Associés is an independent law firm created in 2013 by Arthur Dethomas, Frédéric Peltier, Olivier de Juvigny and Thibault Reymond, experienced partners from the best French and international firms.
The firm is dedicated to M&A transactions and to the resolution of complex matters. We advise our clients in strategic matters, essentially related to M&A and joint-ventures, competition and merger control, governance, shareholders’ disputes, and equity financing.
In 2015, Benoit Marpeau joined Dethomas Peltier Juvigny & Associés to reinforce the M&A practice. End of 2016, Ning-Ly Seng, who started her career in 2004 at Bredin Prat and became Counsel in 2015, joined the firm to strengthen the Competition practice. She was elected to partnership in 2018.
Areas of practice: M&A/corporate finance: This practice is at the heart of our Corporate team¡¦s activities, including acquisitions or capital increases involving public or private companies, and private equity transactions. Our practice deals with all matters encountered by companies, whether they concern governance, disputes between shareholders or between companies and their managers. We advise issuers, shareholders and management on regulatory issues specific to listed companies, notably for the preparation of complex general shareholders meetings. Our practice also acts in matters before the French Financial Markets Authority (“Autorite des Marches Financiers”) or criminal courts.
Merger control and antitrust/competition: Competition law has become a cornerstone in the strategy of companies; our firm dedicates to merger control and antitrust/competition issues three partners who are involved on a regular basis in major or legally challenging cases. Our Antitrust/Competition partners have high-standard reputation in French and European merger control, they assist clients in antitrust/competition litigations before French and European competition authorities and jurisdictions. Our practice also includes private enforcement cases and restrictive and unfair competition practices.
Litigation and arbitration: Our lawyers defend their clients’ interests in strategic corporate disputes. Their expertise is well recognized in the practice of company law, shareholder and governance disputes, as well as in stock exchange, financial and anti-competitive behavior litigation.
White-collar criminal law and proceedings before regulatory authorities: With its combined understanding of criminal procedure and knowledge of the business and financial world, our firm provides counsel to clients in economic and financial criminal law matters, particularly in cases of violation of stock exchange and competition regulations. The lawyers of our firm have a highly regarded practice in defense before the French Financial Markets Authority and the French and European Competition Authorities.
Under the responsibility of our co-head of the Antitrust Department, Ning-Ly Seng, the firm is involved in many diversity programs. Indeed, Ning-Ly is an active member of the Club 21è Siècle and has just been asked to join the Bureau as Projects Manager (as such, she coordinates all the projects of the Club and those in partnership with the Club).
For instance, the firm partners with ViensVoirMonTaf and welcomes each year between 2 and 3 high school students from underprivileged neighbourhoods to carry out their compulsory discovery internship.
Ning-Ly is or has been also part of several mentoring programs:
- Revel@Her promoting women from diverse backgrounds (four double portraits were published in Les Echos Start, among which the duo formed by Ning-Ly and her mentee1),
- the mentoring program of W@CompetitionFR with 16 other antitrust professionals (including the former President of the French Competition Authority), mentoring youngest competition practitioners,
- Article 1, supporting during one full year a young student from underprivileged backgrounds by means of professional tutoring,
- HEC Incubator, supporting women entrepreneurs from diverse background to enter into HEC Incubator program (a tailored and participative start-up support program, in partnership with Station F, one of the biggest European start-up campus).
The firm fiercely encourages the associates to participate and/or benefit from mentoring programs.