ADVANT Altana > Paris, France > Firm Profile
ADVANT Altana Offices
45 RUE DE TOCQUEVILLE
75 017 PARIS
ADVANT Altana > The Legal 500 Rankings
France > Construction Tier 1ADVANT Altana‘s team has expertise in negotiating and preparing all major construction contracts, as well as bespoke contracts and other agreements, such as joint venture agreements. The team’s experience of using The New Engineering Contract (NEC) and the Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs – Conseils (FIDIC) contracts is notable. With a cross-border reach, the firm has ‘developed global skills of very high quality’. Louis des Cars is particularly focused on public procurement contracts, mainly contracts involving hospitals, transport infrastructures, and telecommunications installations, and private construction transactions. François Muller and Christophe Lapp are highly regarded litigators in the field.
‘Altana has been able to develop global skills of very high quality while always ensuring, despite growth, to maintain the quality of service and the involvement of associates. Young talents, very well selected, are quickly put in front of clients in a very effective way.’
‘I particularly appreciate the availability, professionalism and expertise of my contacts who have perfect knowledge of our market. We mainly work with Christophe Lapp and Philippe Goossens.’
SGP (Société du Grand Paris)
BOUYGUES and VINCI subsidiaries
WEBUILT (previously SALINI-IMPREGILO)
JAN DE NUL
‘Best in many fields, leaders in products liability. They think outside the box, deploying new talents to support the defense.’
‘ALTANA’s team is extraordinarily knowledgeable on product liability issues, in particular in the field of pharma products.’
‘Armand Aviges and Delphine Lapillone have shown to have deep knowledge of pharma regulation and product liability issues.’
CSRP (Chambre Syndicale de la Répartition Pharmaceutique)
CEA (Commissariat à l’Energie atomique et aux énergies alternatives)
COWEN HEALTHCARE INVESTMENTS
EURAPHARMA (CFAO Group)
France > Insurance Tier 2The experienced team independent at Paris law firm ADVANT Altana, which recently advised mutual Aéma Groupe in its €3.2bn acquisition of Aviva France, continues to assist major insurers (AXA, AIG), reinsurers, intermediaries and corporates on matters across the practice area. Employing a multidisciplinary approach, the team is led by corporate and insurance law expert Gilles Gaillard, business litigation and pre-litigation specialist Valérie Lafarge-Sarkozy and Frédéric Manin, who advises on competition and antitrust law. The group’s range extends to insurance products, regulatory compliance, civil liability, damage, M&A, cyber-risk and data protection.
‘ALTANA is characterised by a perfect knowledge of our group, a very close proximity of the various lawyers with our in-house lawyers, a very good expertise, a particularly careful listening to customers, a reasonable invoicing.’
‘Dedicated to our needs, great eye for detail, approachable’.
AG2R La Mondiale
Covea (Maaf Assurances, Mutuelles du Mans Assurances – MMA, GMF)
MMA Vie Assurances Mutuelles
- Advised Aéma Groupe on its €3.2bn acquisition of Aviva France from Aviva Plc.
- Advised MMA Vie Assurances Mutuelles in its capacity as former board member of the Crédit Martiniquais which is being sued before the Paris Commercial Court by the bank’s liquidator along with other former directors for having allegedly contributed to causing the debt that allegedly led to bankruptcy of the bank.
BANKESS (DIGITAL RECRUITERS)
- Advised Cegid on the acquisition of the ACA Group, an independent software publisher specializing in cash management, management of accounting and financial flows and also has a management solution dedicated to the insurance sector.
- Assisted La Poste’s digital branch with its development in artificial intelligence by advising the group on its acquisition of Openvalue, a big data and AI consulting firm.
- Actings as counsel to the founding partners of the studio OHM Games, leader in the production of hyper-casual mobile video games, in the context of the sale of a majority stake to Voodoo.
‘Valérie Lafarge-Sarkozy is very helpful. She perfectly integrates the challenges of the disputes entrusted to her, and is very involved in the defense of clients’ interests.’
CARDIF ASSURANCE VIE
MALAKOFF MEDERIC SERVICES
MMA VIE ASSURANCES MUTUELLES
PIMBA – IMPORTAÇÃO E EXPORTAÇÃO DE VESTUÁRIO LDA
GUIECKAL – COMERCIO E INDUSTRIA DE CONFECÇOES LIMITADA
TICTEL CONFECÇOES S.A.
SIDI TRADE LDA
HERMANDAD NACIONAL DE ARQUITECTOS (HNA)
BANCO COMERCIAL PORTUGUES (BCP)
Comité national olympique et sportif français (CNOSF)
TENREIRO DA CRUZ
France > Employment Tier 3ADVANT Altana acts in strategic individual and collective employment matters for French, US, Asian and other international leading corporations from a wide range of sectors, including the energy, industry, IT, healthcare, press, media and engineering sectors. The practice handles the full range of issues, including collective negotiations, restructuring, M&A, compliance. It also deals with sensitive individual issues, notably departures of executives and harassment situations, including in litigation. The practice has recently advised key clients on several mass redundancies plans, including handling a high-profile file in the press distribution section. Mickaël d’Allende and Pierre Lubet are in charge.
‘Great accessibility, easy exchange of written documents, efficient processing of information. Relevant and great knowledge of our unique environment and our liabilities. We particularly appreciate having stable interlocutors over time, with whom it is very possible to create trust and increased knowledge of our files.’
‘Pierre Lubet provides relevant advice and a strategic vision on the subjects that affect our company. He distinguishes himself by taking a position, always respecting our wishes, and above all by having effective tactical approaches.’
EUROPE 1 – LAGARDERE
COOPERATIVE DES QUOTIDIENS (CDQ)
FEDERATION DU CRISTAL ET DU VERRE
- Representing a leader in housing services in France in a litigation with trade unions challenging the validity of a company agreement on representativeness issues.
- Assisting a French regional daily newspaper from the island of La Réunion with a mass layoff plan in the context of the restructuring of a press group.
- Advising entertainment companies on the revision of all the collective agreements of the companies belonging to a group specialising in the entertainment sector.
Other key lawyers:
‘Altana teams listen to client needs, respond pragmatically and adapt to their contacts.’
‘Altana is a firm on a human scale. The client has one or two key interlocutors which allows a real fluidity in the exchanges unlike other firms which multiply the interlocutors on a file thus losing time to the client.’
‘Marie Hindré has a strong expertise, she listens to client expectations, knows how to offer innovative solutions which differ from some other lawyers who are sometimes too cautious or too little business-oriented.’
AG2R la mondiale
Macif – Aesio
UGI Corporation/Antargaz Finagaz
- Advised the German food distributor Aldi on the €735m acquisition of 545 Leader Price stores in France from Casino, as well as three warehouses.
- Worked for Macif – Aésio almost 18 months on all antitrust and merger control aspects of the transaction which has led to the creation of a new French insurance group.
- Acted for Sopra in its various recent key transactions, such its acquisition of 70% of SAB, a software publisher, who was Sopra’s main direct competitor in France.
LA POSTE GROUP
- Advised Cegid on the acquisition of the ACA Group, an independent software publisher specialising in cash management, management of accounting and financial flows.
- Assisted La Poste’s digital branch with its development in artificial intelligence by advising the group on its acquisition of Openvalue, a big data and AI consulting firm.
- Assisted the founding partners of the studio OHM Games, leader in the production of hyper-casual mobile video games, with the sale of a majority stake to Voodoo, a world leader in mobile game publishing.
France > Insolvency Tier 4ADVANT Altana‘s well-established practice regularly acts for debtors, but is also often retained by leading companies for the management of commercial debts held in various smaller companies and commercial partners. The team has notably advised several leading shopping centers, developers and lessors on protecting rent amounts due by retailers facing debt restructuring situations. In recent work, the practice assisted a major travelling company facing acute difficulties. The varied caseload features matters from other fields, including press, media, hospitality, automobile and education. Michel Jockey and Pierre-Gilles Wogue co-head the practice, with Julien Balensi and Mana Rassouli being two other key contributors.
‘A high-performing firm.’
‘Very responsive team.’
‘Combative on complicated issues.’
‘Very high availability, very high efficiency and professionalism.’
‘An ability to listen, rapid response, very accessible people and in search of client satisfaction.’
SOCIETE DES CENTRES COMMERCIAUX (SCC)
PRESSTALIS/ FRANCE MESSAGERIE
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS FRANCE
COLONY CAPITAL / CPI
- Advised France Messagerie, a new press distribution company, on the negotiation and implementation of new public financing.
- Assisting one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers with all aspects of the restructuring of a German auto parts supplier, Eisenmann Group.
- Advised Altarea Cogedim on all matters related to restructuring and insolvency.
‘Extremely professional and involved team with great human qualities and understanding, client-oriented and able to adapt to changing situations and environments, imaginative and flexible.’
‘They are covering a large scope of services in a small team, so the time spent on a dossier can be significantly reduced, they are great people and client-focused.’
‘An efficient and complementary pair between Jean-Nicolas Soret and his associates.’
‘Jean-Nicolas Soret is a brilliant above average lawyer, but I also appreciate his pragmatism and ability to complete the transaction. A real business and relational sensitivity not so common in the profession!’
‘Jean-Nicolas Soret has excellent technical skills. His approach to negotiation resulted in an agreement being reached quickly. In short: pragmatic, friendly and professional quality.’
‘Excellent support in M&A project by Bruno Nogueiro and Geraldine Malfaite. Very hands-on advice. Highly responsive and deal-driven.’
AEMA (MACIF + AESIO)
AG2R LA MONDIALE
A MEDIUM CORPORATION
CEA (COMMISSARIAT A L’ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ENERGIES NOUVELLES)
EURAPHARMA (CFAO group)
LA POSTE GROUP
- Advising the German discount distribution leader ALDI on the € 735m acquisition of LEADER PRICE in France from CASINO, i.e. the acquisition of approximately 600 stores, as well as warehouses, etc.
- Advised Cegid for the acquisition of ACA SOFTWARE, a company which offers flow management solutions in SaaS mode.
- Advised the group RENAULT on a joint venture with a specialist in electric mobility and solar energy to create MOBILIZE which will provide turnkey recharging solutions to help companies developing their fleets of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
ADVANT Altana > Firm Profile
Founded in 2009, ADVANT Altana is an independent law firm with 22 partners and 85 lawyers, and is one of the leading business law firms in France. It offers top-level expertise on both advisory and litigation matters to its clients.
ADVANT Altana is highly regarded for its:
. Technical and strategic expertise in advice and litigation with deep understanding of clients’ constraints, activities and cultures.
. Global view of markets, institutions and administrations, providing with new perspectives and insights.
. True collaborative approach to working alongside clients and partners, through specialised and transversal teams.
. Particular know-how on complex issues in highly regulated sectors such as health and life sciences, insurance and banking, construction, TMT and renewable energy
. Strong emphasis on adding value to clients’ activities and projects.
ADVANT Altana is an active member of numerous influential legal and industry associations around the world, including the International Bar Association (IBA), International Trademark Association (INTA), the American Bar Association (ABA) and INSOL International. In addition, the firm is a founding member of LCLIA, an international alliance dedicated to the construction sector.
Arbitration & Mediation:
3 partners, 7 associates
Drawing on over thirty years of experience, the team has extensive expertise in high-profile, technical administered (ICC, EDF etc.) and ad hoc commercial arbitration as well as related ADR procedures (mediation, DABs) in sectors as varied as infrastructures, pharmaceuticals, real estate, telecommunications, transport, raw materials, gas/petrol and insurance. The team handles arbitration and ADR before all major global bodies.
10 partners, 25 associates
Advant Altana is a leading player in litigation and dispute resolution, developing successful litigation strategies for a diverse client base including industrial groups (pharmaceutical, biotech, construction, automobile, energy, high-tech, media, etc.) , insurance, financial institutions and service providers. Our team’s 10 partners and 25 associates are annually recognized among the best strategists of the Paris bar.
3 partners, 6 associates
Advant Altana’s preeminent Construction practice is highly ranked and recognized for its experience with cross-border transactions. The depth and breadth of our practice reflects the dynamic nature of our clients, which include leading global construction firms, and their projects. We advise and represent clients in France and abroad at every point of a construction operation, offering clients multi-disciplinary mastery of their projects and a single contact for project development, contract administration and dispute resolution, providing advice in urban planning, white-collar crime, environmental law, employment law, competition law and corporate law.
Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions:
4 partners, 6 associates
The team handles complex and innovative domestic and cross-border M&A transactions and delivers strategic, tactical and technical advice to French and international actors of all sizes, listed or private, in their investment, growth and restructuring strategies. With a very international profile (former partners of US firms and associates admitted to the New York Bar), the team is well-known for its ability to handle upper mid-size cross border transactions, both inbound and outbound, in cooperation with foreign independent firms.
4 partners, 6 associates
Advant Altana’s Restructuring team handles all legal matters related to complex or specific restructuring situations, as well as those related to corporate and finance crisis situations. The team is frequently recognized in various fields of restructuring and special situation activities including: distressed M&A, financial restructuring, operational restructuring, litigation related to corporate, financial and commercial crises, and the restructuring of regulated entities, especially in the financial sector. We combine expertise in French law with experience in significant cross-border restructuring cases involving private international and local foreign laws.
2 partners, 6 associates
In litigation as well as transactions, the team provides clients — mainly French and foreign corporations and financial institutions — with pragmatic and innovative business-oriented solutions and advice on day-to-day and strategic employment law issues as well as on complex operations. The team is particularly experienced in employment law issues arising from possible reorganizations, and is recognized for its expertise in collective relations.
EU, Distribution & Competition Law:
2 partners, 3 associates
Guided by three decades of experience, the resolutely international team advises leading foreign groups and their subsidiaries established in France and Europe across various business sectors (healthcare, automotive, defense, energy, insurance, etc.) regarding the rapidly evolving areas of European Union (EU) law, including a full range of competition and distribution issues. Our attorneys handle matters in the following principal categories: EU and French cartel, antitrust, merger control laws and other EU and French competition, liberalization and regulatory issues.
New Technologies & Data Protection:
3 partners, 8 associates
As experienced technicians with a deep understanding of the complexities of IT-related disputes, our New Technologies and Data Protection team advises its French and international clients in all aspects related to their information systems and their security, as well as their IT and Internet activities, corporate social networks and the management and protection of personal data. We also provide innovative services in cyber-security strategies and their associated disputes.
4 partners, 7 associates
Advant Altana’s insurance practice is recognized for its dedicated expertise in insurance and reinsurance, in both litigation and non-litigation matters (EU/ Antitrust, Regulatory, Corporate). Clients include insurers (joint-stock companies, mutuals and provident institutions), reinsurance, intermediaries and any businesses dealing with insurance issues. As part of a modern and reactive team, each member has a clear focus on achieving objectives through flexible methods and team synergies.
3 partners, 8 associates
Advant Altana’s highly regarded team advises its French and foreign clients in all aspects of the protection, valuation and security of their intangible assets. The wide breadth of the team’s activity allows for interventions in multi-disciplinary sectors in issues surrounding employee-inventors, copyrights, digital and neighboring rights and employee creators (particularly in the technology and audiovisual sectors) and the implementation of innovative services. More than half of the team’s clientele is international, including leading American web-based service providers and entertainment conglomerates, international pharmaceutical companies, leading US and Asia-based tech companies, automotive and consumer product manufacturers and insurers
3 partners, 10 associates
Advant Altana’s multi-disciplinary team includes several practice areas, allowing it to assist a large number of companies and international groups in the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device sectors. Leading players and pioneers in pharmaceuticals, biotech, chemistry or connected health entrust Altana with the most sensitive transactions and disputes. The team is particularly recognized in product liability, trademark and patent litigation, M&A and strategic operations.
Public Economic Law:
3 partners, 3 associates
The team has outstanding skill in public procurement, routinely handling disputes related to either the award or the performance of public contracts, primarily in the construction and industrial sectors. The team also assists operators on urban planning aspects of their projects and related litigation.
1 partners, 5 associates
Advant Altana’s team is highly experienced in :
- Negotiation and drafting of leases, in particular off-plan lease (shops, offices, shopping malls, establishments which can receive the public (ERP), logistical units, classified Installation for the Protection of Environment (ICPE), housing, hotels, etc.), the leasing or lease renewal;
- Audit of leases and technical documents (co-ownership regulation, internal regulation, the administrative and technical requirement (CPTA), Asbestos Technical Report (DTA));
- Representation and assistance for lease circle: work distribution, indexation, rent review, lease renewal, sublease, eviction, etc.;
- Representation and assistance for judicial expertise and claims’ management;
- Assistance for the restitution of rented premises : works, keys’ return and deposit;
- Legal advice and drafting of assignment of lease (assignment of tenancy rights with or without business);
- Litigation for the (i) fixation of rent in renewed lease or (ii) eviction or (iii) expulsion indemnities.
1 partner, 1 associate
The team is highly experienced in :
- providing general tax consulting services for both French and overseas clients
- advising large overseas entities on all aspects of their operations including acquisitions, disposals, domestic and international reorganisations
- advising on optimising group structures in numerous industries (healthcare, pharmaceuticals, distribution and the service industry)
- managing tax audit and tax litigation before the French Tax Courts
- assisting with tax and custom duties cases before the French Tax Courts
- providing assistance to French tax consolidated companies
- advising in relation to internal restructures
- advising on tax implications in cross-border merger operations
- advising on the management of tax and transfer pricing audits
- advising companies on the management of intercompany transactions and on transfer pricing documentation requirements
- advising companies on VAT planning and compliance
- advising both French and foreign companies on employee incentives, including long term incentive plans
1 partner, 5 associates
The team is highly regarded for expertise in complex white-collar crime proceedings and for thorough representation and accompaniment of major French and international clients at every stage, from prevention to court representation. The team represents and advises clients in all areas of criminal business law, particularly in the financial, industrial and new technologies sectors. The lawyers have recognized expertise in crisis management, compliance, anti-corruption measures and cyber and economic strategy.
|Arbitration||Christophe Lappemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Arbitration||François Mullerfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Business Litigation & Contract Negotiation||Armand Avigesemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Business Litigation & Contract Negotiation||Julien Balensifirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Business Litigation & Contract Negotiation||Michel Jockeyemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Business Litigation & Contract Negotiation||Valérie Lafarge-Sarkozyfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Business Litigation & Contract Negotiation||Christophe Lappemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Business Litigation & Contract Negotiation||Mana Rassoulifirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Cyber Strategy||Jean-Guy de Ruffrayemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Cyber Strategy||Philippe Goossensfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Cyber Strategy||Valérie Lafarge-Sarkozyemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Cyber Strategy||Pierre Lubetfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Construction Law||François Mulleremail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Construction Law||Louis des Carsfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Construction Law||Christophe Lappemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Economic and Competition Law||Marie Hindréfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Economic and Competition Law||Frédéric Maninemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Financing||Mana Rassoulifirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Financing||Pierre-Gilles Wogueemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Mergers and Acquisitions||Gilles Gaillardfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Mergers and Acquisitions||Bruno Nogueiroemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Mergers and Acquisitions||Fabien Pouchotfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Mergers and Acquisitions||Jean-Nicolas Soretemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Urban Planning Law||Louis des Carsfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Real Estate Law||Amélie Pinçonemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|White Collar Crime||Philippe Goossensfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Private Equity||Fabien Pouchotemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|IP & Digital||Pierre Lubetfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|IP & Digital||Jean-Guy de Ruffrayemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|IP & Digital||Armand Avigesfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Information Technology and Data Protection||Pierre Lubetemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Information Technology and Data Protection||Jean-Guy de Ruffrayfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Public Law||François Mulleremail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Public Law||Christophe Lappfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Public Law||Louis des Carsemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Dispute Resolution & Mediation||Armand Avigesfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Dispute Resolution & Mediation||Julien Balensiemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Dispute Resolution & Mediation||Michel Jockeyfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Dispute Resolution & Mediation||Christophe Lappemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Dispute Resolution & Mediation||Mana Rassoulifirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Employment Law||Mickael d'Allendeemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Employment Law||Pierre Lubetfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Restructuring||Julien Balensiemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Restructuring||Michel Jockeyfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Restructuring||Mana Rassouliemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Restructuring||Pierre-Gilles Woguefirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Insurance||Gilles Gaillardemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Insurance||Frédéric Maninfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Insurance||Valérie Lafarge-Sarkozyemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
|Tax Law||Philippe de Saint-Bauzelfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 79 97 93 00|
Meet The Team(s)
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- EU, competition and distribution
- Intellectual property: Copyright