Hamlins LLP > London, England > Firm Profile
Hamlins LLP Offices
Hamlins LLP > The Legal 500 RankingsHamlins LLP has longstanding relationships with UK music collecting societies and the touring industry, as well as a niche specialism in handling matters pertaining to merchandise. The firm’s music side is headed by Martin Ochs who recently acted for George Lowden Guitars in its collaboration with Ed Sheeran. Christopher Hutchings leads the overall media offering and has a reflectively broad practice. Additionally, clients can rely on the team’s extensive expertise in reputation management and defamation, most notably practised by Callum Galbraith and Simon Gallant.
Martin Ochs; Christopher Hutchings
‘Martin Ochs – expert at copyright law and enforcement. Very commercial and focused on outcomes.’
‘We are pleased to be working with Hamlins on our copyright infringement cases. The team keep us fully updated on the legal process from start to end and take time out from their busy schedule to attend weekly meetings with us to address any concerns or provide case specific updates. We feel in good hands knowing that there is a wealth of experience within the team at Hamlins.’
‘Martin Ochs is a great example of going above and beyond in providing invaluable support to us and our new starters. He has taken the time out to attend our offices and provide a training session on the copyright infringement process. He is always able to immediately answer any question we have which just highlights the great level of expertise he has.’
‘Very impressed by the team. The new joiners/trainees have been bright and attentive with a quick grasp of the complexities of music copyright and the senior team deliver excellent advice and sounding board ahead of formal instructions.’
‘Martin Ochs has been my primary contact at Hamlins. Martin is generous with his time and expertise and often presents evaluated alternative solutions to the problems in hand. He is held in high regard across the industry for his experience.’
Phonographic Performance Limited (PPL)
Performing Right Society Limited (PRS For Music)
PPL PRS Limited
George Lowden Guitars
Bravado International Group
All Media Music
Proper Records Limited
- Advising Lowden Guitars on brand management and particularly on its collaboration with Ed Sheeran for the Sheeran by Lowden brand, including trademark registrations.
- Advice on anti-counterfeiting, prosecution, and online brand protection measures for TRAP Worldwide, the industry trade body for the UK music merchandising industry.
- Advising PPL PRS Limited on public performance licensing and the collection of royalties for the industry.
‘Alex Cochrane and the team are exceptional on a one to one basis, making me feel completely secure and confident in their abilities on not only a completely professional level, but also, giving me the security that they really do have my best interests at heart. They are a joy to work with even in sometimes the most uncomfortable of circumstances. I cannot recommend them highly enough. It’s not always easy discussing some of the most personal and unpleasant aspects of one’s life, they make the process comfortable and very easy.’
‘The team were knowledgeable in their field, but made the service I received person-centred and easy to follow.’
‘Alex Cochrane has shown great leadership skills in spearheading privacy claims.’
‘Hamlins have a top-quality team. Among the best of claimant firms, they are lead solicitors in the mobile telephone voicemail interception litigation against News Group Newspapers.’
‘Callum Galbraith is superb, and the partner behind the unparalleled success of the claimants in the mobile telephone voicemail interception litigation, securing millions of pounds of damages for celebrities who had their phones hacked and information otherwise unlawfully gathered. He is particularly good at strategy, and an all-round superstar. Ellen Gallagher is an exceptional senior associate: hard working, clever and with a keen tactical nose.’
‘One of the largest rep management teams in this area and acts predominantly for claimants. Highly efficient and effective in delivering results.’
‘Callum Galbraith – a superb lawyer who knows the law in detail, has a strategic eye and understands the big picture. Very impressive when dealing with massive group litigation and staying calm and in control under extremely stressful situations.
‘Ellen Gallagher – a brilliant lawyer and advocate. She has an eye for detail and can spot points that many others miss. Knowledge of the law is excellent. Highly efficient and great manner with clients.’
Melanie Chisholm (‘Mel C’)
Melanie Brown (‘Mel B’)
Justin Lee Collins
- Continued to act as lead solicitor in the long-running and high-profile unlawful information gathering litigation against News Group Newspapers Limited. Work included preparing and serving over 30 witness statements for a trial which settled on its eve in the autumn of 2021.
- Instructed by Moderna Inc, U.S manufacturer of COVID vaccine, to advise in anticipation of the broadcast on BBC1 TV of a Panorama special concerning the vaccines.
- Successfully concluded a number of high profile and widely reported privacy claims against Channel 5 arising out of broadcasts of the controversial television programme ‘Can’t Pay? We’ll Take it Away!’, settling claims involving substantial damages and public apologies.
Other key lawyers:
‘They are able to assist with all areas on a pragmatic basis and complement our own team’s knowledge to achieve the desired end goal.’
‘Access to partners when needed.’
Ninja Leisure Limited
Begbies Traynor (London) LLP
TCM Living Limited (formerly known as DM Midlands Holdings)
Palace Capital plc
Park Plaza Hotels Europe
Oracle Racing Inc
- Acted for Ninja Leisure Limited subsidiary of Burhill Group on the acquisition of the entire share capital of Ninja Leisure UK Southampton Ltd and Ninja Leisure UK Sheffield Ltd.
- Acted for SailGP in its acquisition by Olympic gold medal and America’s Cup winner, Sir Ben Ainslie.
- Acted for The Sports and Leisure Group Limited in disposal of its shares in a subsidiary in Wales, as well as disposals of business and assets by its subsidiaries in England.
Other key lawyers:
Martin Ochs; John Leasure
‘The people I deal with are always available to deal with our matters and cover each other so there is always continuity of matters.’
‘ Ben Kilshaw: commercially minded and quick to respond / turn around matters quickly.’
‘Hamlins is a very client facing practice that has a unique family feel about it. I use them for property matters and have done so for the last twenty-one years. They are efficient whilst also being friendly and engaging.’
‘John Leasure is young, enthusiastic, bright, energetic and a good communicator, John is an asset to the team.’
‘Martin Ochs and his able assistant Lauren Twidale provide a truly exceptional service. Their attention to detail is second to none and they have developed an excellent understanding of our industry that very few other practitioners will have. They are highly responsive and highly supportive and I regard them as pivotal to my ability to successfully oversee the legal function. They display remarkable level of expertise with the civil procedure rules and court process and are exceptional strategists. In addition to all of these amazing attributes, they offer excellent value for money.’
Club La Costa (CLC)
Ego Restaurants Limited
Park Plaza Hotels
Roko Health Centres Limited
The Mint Group (Koko and Infernos)
The Light Cinema
- Advised The Light Cinema on a pre-let agreement for a cinema and bowling complex at a new development at Redhill and in relation to three new bowling alleys at various UK locations.
- Advised LEON Restaurants in connection with the corporate acquisition of the business by Euro Garages as well as advising on their roll out of new units.
- Advised Rosa’s Thai on its ongoing expansion, acting on seven new units over a year, with various other ongoing instructions.
Other key lawyers:
Sarah Finch; Lola Dawson
‘Hamlins is a great boutique construction firm for developers, given its cross over with a really strong real estate team.’
‘Amanda Burge is really good at seeing the real issues and focusing on what needs to be done.’
‘The team have been quick to respond to queries in a clear and concise manner. They have really listened to what we needed as a client and their billing is very transparent.’
‘The team is not only talented and hardworking, but also approachable and client-focused.’
‘Amanda Burge is both commercial and a good academic lawyer, as well as excellent at handling even the most difficult of clients.’
‘Very commercial and pragmatic. The focus is always on achieving the best outcome for the client.’
‘A first class team with highly experienced professionals.’
‘The team is extremely knowledgeable and they are keen to come up with innovative solutions to expedite results when required.’
A RTM Company
Pembroke Road Limited
India Buildings Development Limited
The William Pears Group
Dobler Metallbau GmbH
- Acting for an RTM of a large complex of flats against a very large international infrastructure group in respect of serious building defects following redevelopment works completed late in 2008. The defects include serious widespread fire stopping and fire safety issues.
- Acting on behalf of a large estate management company in respect of a tripartite dispute with contractors and architects, relating to the negligent design and build works relating to the phased development works at the property.
- Acting on behalf of a UK football club in a claim against contractors for substandard design and installation of a 3G football pitch.
The team at Hamlins LLP is well equipped to advise a range of clients, including property managers, investors, residential leaseholders, developers and commercial landlords and tenants. Practice head Kate Andrews has ample experience handling breaches of leasehold covenants, including applications for consent to assign and development disputes - she has 'boundless energy and complete commitment to her client's interests', and works alongside the 'razor sharp' Sarah Finch.
Other key lawyers:
‘I have found the team at Hamlins extremely proactive and very quick to help. As a woman, they are very easy to work with – working with their female lawyers is a breath of fresh air.’
‘Sarah Finch is a great and supportive lawyer. She has excellent instinct and knowledge and understands her clients very well.’
‘Kate Andrews is outstanding. She gets straight to the point, is ultra efficient, and is more or less always available.’
‘The Hamlins’ team are fantastically plugged into the commercial realities and needs of the clients. They bring good quality legal expertise and litigation acumen to bear on every case.’
‘Kate Andrews has boundless energy and complete commitment to her client’s interests.’
‘Sarah Finch has a razor sharp legal mind, a keen and creative eye for tactics and always has her feet on the ground.’
‘Kate Andrews is a first rate lawyer. She has exceptional skills at doing deals to avoid litigation in part due to her excellent negotiation skills and her interpersonal skills.’
‘Sarah Finch is the go to person on property matters, especially in specialised areas like Suburb Trust restrictions. Nothing phases Sarah Finch.’
10M GROUP LIMITED
21 Upper Brook Street Limited
3SIXTY RESTAURANTS LIMITED
78 Wigmore Street Funding Co. Limited
Abbey Commercial Ltd
ACE RENT A VAN LIMITED
Acemark Properties Limited
Allvest Company Limited
Antipodean (UK) Limited
Ashtead Estates Limited
AVIDA (LONDON) LIMITED
Azure Services Ltd & Azure Resorts Ltd
HAPPY INVESTMENTS LIMITED
BASS ORTHODONTICS LIMITED
Basura Restaurants Limited
Beavor Lane LLP
BEDFORD ARCADE PROPERTIES LIMITED
Berger Crest Investments Limited
Blenheim Estates Limited
Brindley House RTM Company Limited
BROMLEY PARK GARDEN ESTATES LIMITED
CABOT INVESTMENTS LTD
Camberwell Developments Limited
Carlton Real Estates Developments Limited
CDR Nomineeco 1 Limited & CDR Nomineeco 2 Limited
Centrick Commercial Limited
Chas Newens Marine Co Limited
Cheshire Street Limited
Chiswick Quay Freeholds Limited
Citylake Investments Limited
Civic Centre Ltd
CLUB LA COSTA (UK) PLC
Container Space Limited
Cooley (UK) LLP
CRAMION CO. LIMITED
CRED INVESTMENTS HOLDINGS LIMITED
CROCUS HOME LOANS LIMITED
CROWN VIEW ESTATES LIMITED
CROWNPARK INVESTMENTS LIMITED
Cumberland Court Investments Ltd
Cyan Properties Limited
Daejan Investments Limited
DESIGN WAREHOUSE LIMITED
Diamond Resorts (Europe) Limited
Dickens Heath Management Company Limited
DOLLIS AVENUE LLP
Dovetail Clerkenwell Ltd
Drone Major Group Limited
Ebury Greencrest LLP
- Acted for Epwin Logistics Limited in a claim pertaining to specific performance of a development agreement and the requirement of an easement or right of way to be granted.
- Acted for National Car Parks Limited in a dispute pertaining to the failure of a local authority developer to develop a fully functioning “fit for purpose” car park in accordance with a specification in an option agreement.
- Advised Tripark Limited in a case involving the interpretation of the right to manage legislation where tenants make applications for consent to assign.
‘Hamlins’ litigation team knows its way around dispute resolution, and is reliable and commercial to deal with.’
‘An experienced and agile commercial litigation team, led by Amanda Burge. She does not merely front the offering, but provides a huge amount of partner involvement in all cases that require it. She gets through huge amounts of work, providing a service that is both super-responsive and extremely proactive.‘
‘Amanda Burge is a good technician, and is robust and tenacious in her dealings with opponents and other parties, never forgetting that any client involved in litigation is seeking a cost-effective service.’
‘Amanda Burge runs a well-drilled team – she delivers an excellent service and expects the same of her team. They are a pleasure to work with.’
‘Amanda Burge is exceptional – extremely responsive, very tenacious, and high-quality advice delivered at speed. Always on top of the situation, and works incredibly hard to deliver a good service.’
‘Martin Ochs has an unrivalled knowledge of timeshare and holiday-related litigation, and his litigation tactics are second to none.’
‘Martin Ochs and associate Lauren Twidale provide a truly exceptional service. They have both developed an understanding of our industry model that few other firms possess.‘
‘Martin Ochs and associate Lauren Twidale are highly responsive and supportive, and I regard them as a pivotal resource upon which I rely for the success of my department. They display a remarkable understanding of the civil procedures rules and court process, and are exceptional strategists. In addition to the above, they are excellent value for money.’
60 houseboat owners represented by Chelsea Reach Boatowners Association Limited
Rheno Property Holdings
FCEA (Fine & Country)
The Joint Administrators of Pentagon UK & Atlantic Finance UK
EMS Electro Medical Systems
- Acting for DSquared2 in a High Court damages claim for losses arising from the robbery of high-value fashion goods from a warehouse.
- Acting for a well-known telecoms company in claims concerning an international messaging services agreement with an overseas supplier.
- Acting for 60 houseboat owners (represented by Chelsea Reach Boatowners Association) in various disputes with the Chelsea Yacht and Boat Company.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team has a commendable depth of knowledge and experience in many areas of law enabling it to provide well thought-through advice on complex issues. The team also has wide connections to call in expert advice when needed.’
‘Amanda Burge is the consummate professional lawyer. She is highly focused, commercially aware, personally committed, fully immersed in the legal issues involved, tenacious, resilient, able to review the merits of a case, thoughtfully assesses the best approach to dealing with the other side and gives great confidence and faith to us as clients. At the same time, she is friendly, conversational and makes all our interactions smooth and easy.’
‘The team listened to our specific needs from the start and we didn’t ever feel that we needed to spend an endless amount outside of our budget to get the work done.’
‘The team was always quick to respond to queries and even worked over holiday periods to ensure we got what we needed in tight timescales.’
‘Amanda Burge is exceptional. A high quality service, delivered speedily. Amanda always manages to make time – one is never left in limbo wondering if you are going to get an answer. And her answers are clear and practical. Also a pleasure to work with. She spends time getting to know her client and works well with us to achieve optimum solutions.
‘Amanda Burge is very thorough and is able to propose sensible and achievable objectives with a clear idea of the cost of getting there.’
‘Strong reputation, good clients and excellent service’
‘Sarah Finch is more than just a good solicitor – she is business minded, personable, approachable and so pleasant to deal with. She gets stuck in to matters and does not shy away from putting in the time needed to consistently provide us with the best advice and service we could ask for!’
European Land & Property Limited
Triple Point Investment Limited
The Pears Group of Companies
Dobler Metallbau GmbH
- Acting on behalf of joint owners of a property in respect of a claim against a firm of solicitors who gave negligent advice relating to the property which our clients purchased in 2016. The owners only received limited information about a defective licence.
- Instructed on behalf of an industry regulatory body in respect of multiple clams against one of its members for professional negligence and/or fraudulent activity.
- Acting on behalf of a property developer on a professional negligence claim against a statutory manager for negligent conduct in the course of his appointment.
Other key lawyers:
John Leasure; Joseph Holder; Victoria Camfield; Nigel Mason
‘Partner led no matter the size of the deal. Quality advice explained brilliantly. Always contactable. Very slick service’
‘John Leasure, very personable, very efficient, knows exactly what issues to highlight and what not to.’
‘Joseph Holder is a solicitor that knows his stuff and doesn’t cut any corners is always available and ready for you’
‘The team are very transparent , thorough, and have a good understanding of commercial property, very good at returning calls, and are happy to accept criticism in a constrcutive way.’
‘Joseph Holder is efficent and always returns calls, very thorough and takes responsibility. The lenders lawyers really like him and his transparent approach, they trust his legal view on probabilities’
‘Very professional and efficient.’
Casa Bella Developments Limited
LEON Restaurants Limited, Rosa’s Thai, Pizza Pilgrims Limited, Pizza Union and Ping Pong
Lightstone Properties LLP
Marwees Ltd (Edgware Trust)
Orwell Real Estate
Palace Capital plc
Park Plaza Hotels
William Pears Group
- Advised William Pears Group on the acquisitions and sales of various industrial estates with a combined value of over £60m; the acquisition of the office headquarters and associated factory and warehouse premises of The Body Shop International in Littlehampton for c.£22m; and ongoing management of its existing portfolio, including notable regears to substantial retail and warehouse tenants across England & Wales, often at rents in excess of £100k pa.
- Acting on various sales as well as day to day advisory on the £285m portfolio for Palace Capital PLC.
- Advising Structadene Group on complex or large transactions, most recently acting on a £240m refinancing of part of the portfolio comprising over 100 properties.
‘Hamlins are one of the most impressive legal practices I have ever come across. They work very quickly and efficiently, but also handle their clients with sensitivity. They provide fantastic legal advice, impeccably researched and always on point.’
‘The individuals I have worked with, particularly Matthew Pryke, have been utterly brilliant. One of the key qualities is explaining what can be difficult or complicated legal concepts for a layman in terms that they can understand, and really reassuring clients on the legal pathway ahead. That personal touch, combined with the exceptional level of work, makes Matthew in particular an outstanding lawyer.’
Oracle Racing Inc.
SailGP GB Team
The English Cricket Board
General Sports Worldwide
Professional Triathletes Organisation (PTO)
David Garrido / La Liga Lowdown
Youth Sports Trust
DLG Media Limited
- Acted for SailGP in its acquisition by Olympic gold medal and America’s Cup winner, Sir Ben Ainslie. Ben Ainslie, alongside businessman Chris Bake, has purchased a majority stake in the Great Britain SailGP team.
- Worked Morecambe FC to structure the compensation arrangements with St Mirren FC for the departure of Steven Robinson and management team. This was immediately followed by the appointment of replacement Manager Derek Adam, in 24 hours.
- Advised the most senior executives at the England & Wales Cricket Board on the structure of securing players rights via negotiations with player representatives and the PCA.
‘Hamlins’ Property Finance team is one of the best.’
‘They have a vast technical knowledge and are always able and willing to support clients on any matter.’
‘The partners are easy to reach and always make themselves available.’
‘Their team is a well-rounded combination of experts that work like a single wheel for a seamless execution of the matter in hand.’
‘Aselle is an inspirational leader! She is extremely talented, knowledgeable, composed, engaged and can manage anything you throw at her and her team. She is highly efficient and the quality of her work is never disappointing. I am always pleased and at ease if she is involved, regardless on which side of a transaction she is on.’
Bangkok Bank Pcl
Palace Capital Plc
James Taylor Group
- Acted for a group of property investment and development companies owned by a high net worth family on 18 transactions undertaken over 12 months.
- Acted for Bangkok Bank Pcl in relation to credit facilities to a UK borrower, a parent company guarantee from an English company in relation to revolving credit facilities to its subsidiary in Thailand, buy-to-let mortgages to HNW Thai individuals, as well as transitioning the Bank’s loans from LIBOR to SONIA.
- Acted for Shaviram Group on a number of loans, including a development loan from a niche lender and a refinance of 2 properties in South East England with PRS Finance Plc.
TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design Tier 6Hamlins LLP‘s IP group maintains a strong music rights practice, and is a trusted adviser to a number of UK collective rights management organisations, including PRS and PPL, for all aspects of their IP protection. Co-lead Martin Ochs has extensive expertise in contentious music merchandising issues, and co-head Matthew Pryke is a key contact for influencer and model advertising, sporting brands and personalities advertisement, and brand protection strategies.
Martin Ochs; Matthew Pryke
Bravado International Group
Club La Costa
Fine & Country
George Lowden Guitars
Mighty Atom Entertainment
Performing Right Society Ltd (PRS for Music)
Phonographic Performance Limited (PPL)
PPL PRS Limited
- Advising Lowden Guitars on brand management and particularly in relation to its collaboration with Ed Sheeran for the Sheeran by Lowden brand.
- Advising TRAP Worldwide, the industry trade body for the UK music merchandising industry on anti-counterfeiting, prosecution and online brand protection measures.
- Advising Shutterstock, on the protection and enforcement of various copyright works produced by the celebrity photographer, Diggzy, which were taken for the pregnancy announcement of Rhianna.
Hamlins LLP > Firm Profile
Hamlins is a commercial law firm which has been established for over 100 years, with a heritage in real estate, hospitality and leisure, entertainment, media and sport. Our clients describe us as a “big small firm”. We work with industry-recognised companies and institutions as well as leading brands. We deliver exceptional service and are recognised for our expertise, our responsiveness, our team ethos and our friendly approach.
We support clients across real estate, dispute resolution, corporate, finance, commercial, intellectual property, media, and regulatory compliance. We enjoy longstanding relationships with a broad range of exceptional clients, from large institutions and corporates to SMEs and entrepreneurs.
The firm has grown successfully in line with its clients’ needs to become the top 200 UK law firm it is today.
Hamlins supports clients across the following areas:
Banking and finance: the finance team advises senior and mezzanine lenders and borrowers on financing transactions, with particular expertise in real estate finance.
Commercial: Hamlins’ commercial team advises on general commercial contracts, technology contracts (licensing and development), distribution arrangements, franchising and outsourcing.
Corporate: the firm’s corporate team provides a broad spectrum of corporate services, including M&A, corporate finance, equity capital markets, joint ventures, debt finance and commercial agreements.
Dispute resolution: the dispute resolution team advises on all manner of commercial disputes, including professional negligence, insolvency, insurance, construction and real estate disputes.
Institutional lender services: Hamlins has over 20 years’ experience and an unparalleled reputation advising major lenders on litigation matters. Services include repossessions, sale of property in possession, defended actions, negligence actions and shortfall actions.
Intellectual property: the firm’s IP team advises on contentious and non-contentious work including copyright, trade marks and cross-border anti-piracy matters. Non-contentious expertise includes licensing, franchising and IP structuring.
Media and entertainment: the media team is internationally recognised in relation to media contracts, rights acquisition and protection, defamation and reputation management, production, publishing and recording. The team is also at the forefront of ground-breaking digital media law.
Real estate: Hamlins’ real estate team acts on investment, development and construction matters for clients ranging from investors to end-users, including property companies, funds, banks, entrepreneurs, retailers and restaurants. The team has expertise in all aspects of real estate disputes and real estate finance.
Real estate disputes: Hamlins Real Estate Disputes team takes a pragmatic and robust approach to protecting our clients’ interests. We adopt an advisory and dispute resolution role as well as a litigious one in a wide variety of contentious property related disputes.
Reputation management: Hamlins Media Disputes department is one of the largest in the UK and is widely recognised for its expertise and notable client list in high-profile defamation and privacy cases. We support clients who face reputational damage through the dissemination of false and harmful information and protect clients against the publication of intrusive, private information (whether true or false).
|Managing Partner||Matthew Prykefirstname.lastname@example.org||+44 (0)20 7355 6019|
|Senior Partner||Joseph Holderemail@example.com||+44 (0)20 7355 6112|
|Commercial and IP||Matthew Prykefirstname.lastname@example.org||+44 (0)20 7355 6019|
|Dispute Resolution||Amanda Burgeemail@example.com||+44 (0)20 7355 6091|
|IP Disputes||Martin Ochsfirstname.lastname@example.org||+44 (0)20 7355 6018|
|Media Disputes||Christopher Hutchingsemail@example.com||+44 (0)20 7355 6104|
|Music||Martin Ochsfirstname.lastname@example.org||+44 (0)20 7355 6018|
|Real Estate||Mark Hurstemail@example.com||+44 (0)20 7355 6024|
|Real Estate Finance||Aselle Djumabaeva-Woodfirstname.lastname@example.org||+44 (0)207 355 6027|
|Real Estate Disputes||Kate Andrewsemail@example.com||+44 (0)20 7355 6063|
|Reputation Management||Christopher Hutchingsfirstname.lastname@example.org||+44 (0)20 7355 6104|
|Sport||Matthew Prykeemail@example.com||+44 (0)20 7355 6019|
|Kate Andrews||Kate is a Partner in the Real Estate Litigation Team. Kate is…||View Profile|
|Amanda Burge||Amanda is a Litigation and Dispute Resolution Partner in the Commercial Disputes Team.…||View Profile|
|Victoria Camfield||Victoria is a Partner in the Real Estate team. Victoria is trusted…||View Profile|
|Alex Cochrane||Alex is a Partner in our Media and Entertainment team. He is a media…||View Profile|
|Laura Daly||Laura is a Senior Associate in the Commercial Disputes Team. Laura is…||View Profile|
|Sarah Daniel||Sarah is an Associate in the Media and Entertainment team. Sarah has…||View Profile|
|Lola Dawson||Lola is an Associate in Hamlins’ Dispute Resolution team. Lola advises on…||View Profile|
|Aselle Djumabaeva-Wood||Aselle is a Partner in the Corporate Team and the Real Estate…||View Profile|
|Diana Featherstonhaugh||Diana Featherstonhaugh is a Consultant in the Real Estate Team. Diana has…||View Profile|
|Sarah Finch||Sarah is a Partner in the Real Estate Disputes team. She has…||View Profile|
|Callum Galbraith||Callum is a Partner in the Media and Entertainment team. Callum has…||View Profile|
|Ellen Gallagher||Ellen is a Senior Associate in the Media and Entertainment team. Ellen is…||View Profile|
|Simon Gallant||Simon is a Consultant in the Media and Entertainment department. A Partner…||View Profile|
|Hana Ghale||Hana is an Associate in our Real Estate team. Hana has experience…||View Profile|
|Joseph Holder||Joseph Holder is Senior Partner and a Partner in the Real Estate Team. …||View Profile|
|Mark Hurst||Mark joined Hamlins as a partner in 2004 having trained and worked…||View Profile|
|Christopher Hutchings||Chris is a Partner and the Head of Hamlins’ Media and Reputation…||View Profile|
|Ben Kilshaw||Ben joined Hamlins in 2002 and is a Partner in the Real…||View Profile|
|John Leasure||John is a Partner in Hamlins’ Real Estate team. Having previously been…||View Profile|
|Nigel Mason||Nigel Mason specialises in Real Estate with a particular expertise in Central…||View Profile|
|Razzak Mirjan||Razzak is an Associate in the Commercial and Tech team. Razzak specialises…||View Profile|
|Martin Ochs||Martin is a Partner in the Entertainment, Media and IP team. Martin has wide…||View Profile|
|Matthew Pryke||Matthew is the Managing Partner of the firm and specialises in Commercial…||View Profile|
|Yvonne Raymond||Yvonne Raymond is a Principal Associate in the Real Estate Department. Yvonne…||View Profile|
|Vicky Stanborough||Vicky Stanborough is a Partner in the Commercial Property Department. Vicky joined…||View Profile|
|Andrew Stephenson||Andrew is a Consultant in the Media and Entertainment team and is…||View Profile|
|Lauren Twidale||Lauren is an Associate in the Media and Entertainment team. Lauren has…||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of Partners: : 15 Number of Other Fee Earners including Paralegals: : 58 Number of Total Staff: : 86
Hamlins offers a unique and positive culture for its staff and clients. We endeavour to provide a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We strive to ensure our team members are treated respectfully and fairly; are valued; encouraged to fulfil their potential; and can bring their true selves to work. We are frequently praised for our sense of family, both in terms of how we treat colleagues and clients.
We adopt an agile working pattern for all staff and offer flexible working. Our hiring policy ensures we recruit individuals who enjoy working closely with their colleagues, are respectful of their views and will try to find compromise and alignment wherever possible.
We asked our team members how they would describe Hamlins in one word: “Approachable, Open, Friendly, Hardworking, Inclusive, Progressive, Caring, Collaborative, Supportive.”
“The firm’s balance between being welcoming and friendly with a high level of expertise gives the best chance to progress and learn.” Trainee Solicitor
“New employees at all levels feel welcomed from the start. Partners are approachable and teams collaborate closely. You never feel that others are dismissive of you or your position.” Paralegal
Our charity work
We are committed to supporting charitable and fundraising efforts and encourage our staff give their time through volunteering.
In 2022 we announced our partnership with the Ruth Strauss Foundation (RSF) as our official charity partner for 2022. The Foundation, set up by former England cricket captain Sir Andrew Strauss, provides support to families facing the death of a parent and drives the need for more research into non-smoking lung cancers. By partnering with the RSF, Hamlins commits to undertaking fundraising activities and initiatives throughout the year.
Our team of Charity Champions recruited from across the Hamlins team play an integral part in helping to drive fundraising, awareness to promote the charity and empower colleagues to get involved with key RSF campaigns.
CLIENT: Tobi Weissinger, Partner
COMPANY/FIRM: Hamilton Pyramid Europe
TESTIMONIAL: “This was a significant and complex transaction and the Hamlins team delivered expert advice under very tight timelines. We are hugely grateful to Hamlins for their expertise and support in this exciting venture.”
CLIENT: Sue Barker
COMPANY/FIRM: television presenter and former professional tennis player
TESTIMONIAL: ““Thank you to Hamlins for helping me through this process and for securing an outcome I am extremely happy with. They were outstanding, keeping me updated and always taking the time to explain each step in detail.
It was wonderful to work with a team that was effective, responsive, thorough and reliable.”
CLIENT: James Horler
COMPANY/FIRM: Ego Restaurants Holdings Ltd
TESTIMONIAL: “Hamlins has the same values as my business. It’s very supportive, thinks big, acts small, the detail matters; they are very caring. I don’t think many law firms give you that feeling that the relationship matters.”
CLIENT: Sir David Richards
COMPANY/FIRM: Former Chairman of the FA Premier League
TESTIMONIAL: “My gratitude and sincerest thanks to Hamlins for the exemplary advice and first-class service provided which has resulted in the success of my unlawful information gathering case. From start to finish, the whole case was handled with diligence and professionalism which undoubtedly resulted in the excellent outcome achieved. I would not hesitate to recommend Hamlins.”
CLIENT: Scott Smith
COMPANY/FIRM: England & Wales Cricket Board
TESTIMONIAL: “I use Hamlins across a number of sensitive and confidential matters… as I always feel that I’m in safe hands.”
CLIENT: Mary Craddock
COMPANY/FIRM: Lapithus Servicing LLP
TESTIMONIAL: “Our priorities were really aligned and they acted on those priorities.”
CLIENT: Sam Sherrard
COMPANY/FIRM: Williams Pears Group
TESTIMONIAL: “They’re not afraid to tell us what we can and what we can’t get, but they’re strong negotiators.”
CLIENT: Steve Cradock
COMPANY/FIRM: Songwriter, Producer and Guitarist, Ocean Colour Scene, Paul Weller and The Specials
TESTIMONIAL: “Hamlins have been an incredible team. They made the process for my case so easy, I would highly recommend them to fight anyone’s corner!”
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport