Martin Ochs > Hamlins LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Hamlins LLP Offices
- Go to...
Media and Entertainment.
Martin is a Partner in the Entertainment, Media and IP team.
Martin has wide experience of contentious IP and commercial litigation, particularly in the media and entertainment fields where he focuses on contentious music and copyright litigation.
London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
Active in the media and entertainment sector, Hamlins LLP handles a broad range of matters, from partnership and brand licensing agreements to anti-counterfeiting. The team is also recommended by clients for its wealth of experience in the realm of music IP. Joint practice head Matthew Pryke has demonstrable expertise in the media sector, advising agencies, influencers and models, while ‘pragmatic and commercial’ Martin Ochs is well-versed in the trade marks arena.
Under the leadership of Martin Ochs, Hamlins LLP is a go-to firm for festival organisers and leading UK music collecting societies, such as the Phonographic Performance Limited (PPL) and the Performing Right Society (PRS), on all contentious music requirements. The team further handles the protection and exploitation of IP rights within the music space, and boasts a broad client roster comprising various musicians, publishers, talent managers, film composers, authors and celebrities.
Hamlins LLP’s hospitality and leisure team is seen as a ‘go-to’ practice for brand management, site developments and acquisitions, and day-to-day operational issues, including those affecting timeshare-related products. Recent work has involved helping clients navigate lower demand and increased construction and energy costs. Ben Kilshaw leads the team, while commercial disputes and intellectual property specialist Martin Ochs handles the full range of relevant matters, from operational work to international litigation, for hotels and travel-related clients. Previously based in the United Arab Emirates, John Leasure handles portfolio acquisitions and disposals, and refinancing for both landlords and tenants.
Hamlins LLP‘s team acts in contractual and tortious claims, and civil fraud and fiduciary duty-related disputes. Martin Ochs is a contentious IP and commercial disputes specialist, and principal associate Laura Daly and associate Lauren Twidale are active litigators. Former group head Amanda Burge joined Hill Dickinson LLP in Summer 2023.
- Leading Individuals London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Music
- Media: Music London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Hospitality and leisure London > Industry focus
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Music
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property finance