Aselle Djumabaeva-Wood > Hamlins LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Hamlins LLP Offices
- Go to...
Real Estate Finance.
Aselle is a Partner in the Corporate Team and the Real Estate Finance Team.
Aselle has a corporate law background and specialises in corporate acquisition and real estate finance. She acts for banks and property investors in corporate transactions and secured lending transactions, drafts and negotiates corporate documents, facility agreements and security packages to facilitate a range of high value investment and development transactions.
Clients like Aselle’s ability of managing complicated transactions effectively and achieving results in timely manner and to the clients’ satisfaction.
Aselle is a Russian speaking solicitor qualified in both England & Wales and the CIS.
Between 1994 and 2002, she practised law in the Kyrgyz Republic working as a lawyer in private practice, she was a legal advisor to the Mayor of Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan’s capital) and visiting lecturer at Bishkek University. In 1999, she established her own law firm in Bishkek. Her firm was retained by a number of multinational companies, charities and a major European government to advise on their operations in Kyrgyzstan. She was one of the authors of the Commentaries to the Civil Code of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Aselle trained with a London firm of solicitors, was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales in 2007 and joined Hamlins in 2009.
Aselle studied law at Moscow’s Lomonosov University and the Kyrgyz State University before graduating in 1994. The first Kyrgyz lawyer to qualify as an English solicitor, Aselle obtained a Diploma in English Law from BPP Law School in London in 2004, an LPC Diploma from the same school in 2005 and an LLM in Tax Law from Queen Mary and Westfield College (University of London) in 2008.
Hamlins LLP‘s real estate finance team has a broad client base, acting for high-street banks, niche lenders, opportunistic funds, and developers, as well as high-net-worth individuals and family offices. The team also handles development financing of a wide range of asset classes, including student accommodation, hotels, and high end residential developments and apartments. Russian and English speaking Aselle Djumabaeva-Wood chairs the group and specialises in secured lending, acting for banks, property investors and developers. She also practises law in the Kyrgyz Republic.
In 2021, Hamlins LLP’s corporate team acted for SailGP in its acquisition by Olympic gold medal and America’s Cup winner Sir Ben Ainslie – the biggest deal in the sport of sailing that year. Team head Aselle Djumabaeva-Wood, the first Kyrgyz lawyer to qualify as an English solicitor, specialises in corporate transactions and secured lending for corporate acquisitions and real estate finance. Richard Britain is a corporate law and insurance specialist with significant advisory and risk management experience.
- M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m - London > Corporate and commercial
- Property finance - London > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property finance