Horten > Copenhagen, Denmark > Firm Profile
PHILIP HEYMANS ALLÉ 7
Horten > The Legal 500 RankingsHorten advises on international transfers, internal investigations and the addition of GDPR in AI projects. Practice head Birgitte Toxværd has extensive experience advising both public authorities and the private sector, with a strong client base in the financial sector, municipalities and the energy sector. The team works closely with IP and IT partners to address issues in marketing law, whistleblower matters and the use of social media.
‘We are working with the team around partner Birgitte Toxværd. The team is exceptionally thorough and detailed in its 360° evaluation of complex data protection matters and particularly skilled in considering and advising on likely public authority/government views in data protection legislation and its implementation.’
Scandlines Danmark A/S
Dansk Energi (The Danish Energy Association)
MAP Group A/S
- Advised Centrica on two major issues as part of a greater litigation complex; advising on how to handle an internal investigation in Centrica in Denmark and handling data subject access requests from 23 former employees.
- Advised Dansk Energi (the Danish Energy Association) on a nation-wide project relating to the use of energy consumption data by consumers and companies including advising on the legality of the processing of the data and the development of a model for anonymisation of the data in order to prepare data sets for publication and use by other organisations to aid development of green initiatives and products.
- Advised MAP Group, a Danish fintech start-up, on GDPR and financial secrecy rules, helping to prepare and sharpen the business model on fraud-detection and data uses as authorisation from the Data Protection Agency is necessary for this type of business.
Denmark > Employment Tier 1Horten‘s employment group has a broad client base that includes private companies, public institutions and large Danish municipalities. It continues to be instructed on executive liability matters, including the representation of CEOs in relation to termination procedures and summary dismissals. Practice head Jonas Enkegaard goes ‘above and beyond’ for clients and specialises in employee matters relating to corporate acquisitions. The group is also skilled at handling collective agreements, TUPE legislation and union issues and is also adept at handling equity cases.
Other key lawyers:
Finn Schwarz; Erik Wendelboe Christiansen
‘The team we worked with, led by Erik Wendleboe Christiansen, were committed to our case and gave clear, strategic advice in an area of Danish law. I completely trusted their judgement and guidance throughout the pre trial prep and trial itself.’
‘Erik Wendelboe Christiansen is the most commercial employment lawyer I have met – he is fearless and exciting and confident. I trusted him completely.’
‘Legal advice is clear and good for an international audience. A go-to firm for international clients in Denmark.’
‘Jonas Enkegaard is a delight to work with. Prioritises needs of the client and excellent at helping in house counsel manage relationships with their internal stakeholders. Happy to go above and beyond and availability is excellent.’
‘One of the best Danish firms, strong team, great expertise and very nice people! We have a very smooth relationship and clients can feel it.’
Danish Growth Fund
City of Copenhagen
Dansk Teater (Former TIO)
The Danish Cancer Society
Bain & Company
- Assisted Centrica with a number of employees that left Centrica Energy Trading A/S to work for Norlys Energy Trading, taking away confidential business information.
- Advised the City of Copenhagen on all legal matters pertaining to employment law, and assisted the City with all court cases and all industrial arbitration proceedings regarding employment law.
- Assisted iCON Infrastructure with its acquisition of the wind energy company, Wind Estate and all legal matters in connection with the transaction, including risk assessment of the deal, preparation of transaction documents, preparation of service agreements etc.
Denmark > Energy Tier 1Horten‘s energy department is regularly involved in large-scale transactions relating to wind power, solar and biogas projects. It has a strong foothold within the Danish utilities sector, advising several major clients as well as growing its work for co-operatively held and other consumer-owned water and district heating utilities. Practice head Christian Tullberg and Søren Hornbæk Svendsen have extensive expertise in drafting energy sector contracts and handling the related regulatory matters, while René Frisdahl Jensen conducts cases before the courts and energy complaint boards. Klavs Gravesen is the key practitioner for issues relating to the government and municipalities.
Other key lawyers:
Søren Hornbæk Svendsen; Klavs Gravesen; Line Markert; René Frisdahl Jensen; Lise Lotte Hjerrild
‘Horten’s Energy team is one of the largest and most skilled teams in the field of law. The team is always available and willing to go the extra mile to find the best fit solution for any challenge we meet. The team is outstanding also by their ability to see and give strong advice on the political aspects of a complex case and to find new ways to bring the organisation through difficult challenges.’
‘Klavs Gravesen is outstanding in his approach to any challenge – legal, political or technical.’
‘René Frisdahl Jensen has great knowledge of specific and intense regulation that our organisation is subject to. He is stable and with great insight both in current regulation and new rules and practice.’
‘Line Markert has great experience in questions related to organisational subject of public organisations.’
‘Go-to team for all energy-related work. Wide range of experience and have the capacity to advise on all aspects.’
‘Christian Tullberg; He gives you everything needed to be on top. Go-to person for his advice in the energy sector. Able to cover the full scope.’
‘Horten provides top class service from its regulatory team.’
‘They respond fast and engage in an excellent dialogue with the customer.’
iCON Infrastructure LLP
Swire Energy Services Ltd.
Neptune Energy Group Holdings Ltd.
Total Energies S.A.
HOFOR Vind A/S
HOFOR District Heating
Dansk Energi (Danish Energy Association)
Municipality of Slagelse
Oil Gas Denmark
The Municipality of Odense
TOTAL Energies A/S
TOTAL Energies Renewables A/S
SERVIA, initiated by EWII
Regional multi-utility EWII
The Municipality of Copenhagen
Wintershall Netherlands B.V.
- Assisted Spirit Energy Norge AS in relation to the sale of the company’s shares in the two subsidiaries, Spirit Energy Danmark ApS and Spirit Energy Petroleum AS to INEOS E&P A/S.
- Assisted infrastructure fund iCON Infrastructure Partners with all legal aspects of its acquisition of a 95% interest in the energy company Wind Estate A/S from its previous owners.
- Advised Danish multi utility major EWII and its wholly owned subsidiary, TREFOR Infrastruktur A/S, on all legal aspects of TREFOR’s acquisition of all shares in El-Net Øst A/S, transferring the entire power distribution grid on Bornholm to the EWII Group.
Denmark > Environment Tier 1Horten advises on all areas of environmental regulation, including emissions and pollution work, natural resources issues, protection of the environment and planning instruments for residential, commercial and agricultural developments. The team is strong in both contentious and non-contentious work, with experienced litigator Poul Hvilsted acting on behalf of private and public sector clients before complaints boards, the courts and arbitration tribunals. Practice head Henriette Soja specialises in public law issues, especially environmental and construction law, while Anne Sophie Kierkegaard Vilsbøll has extensive experience advising on public infrastructure projects.
Other key lawyers:
Poul Hvilsted; Line Markert; Anne Sophie Kierkegaard Vilsbøll; Tue Trier Bing
‘Experienced and with a strong focus on solutions. The team understands the nature of the organization they consult and what may be needed. Transparent and informative.’
‘Both Anne Sophie Kierkegaard Vilsbøll and Tue Trier Bing are pleasant to work with and precise in both written and oral. They always deliver on time.’
‘Anne Sophie Kierkegaard Vilsbøll is diligent at communicating complicated matters to non-lawyers and understands the importance of balancing legal risks with commercial considerations.’
A Espersen A/S
Lemvig Vand & Spildevand
MT Højgaard A/S
Roskilde Sten & Grus Aps
Solum Roskilde ApS
The Danish Construction Association
The Danish Green Investment Fund
The Metropolitan Copenhagen Heating Transmission Company (CTR)
The Municipality of Allerød
The Municipality of Aarhus
The Municipality of Brøndby
The Municipality of Copenhagen
The Municipality of Elsinore
The Municipality of Frederikshavn
The Municipality of Gladsaxe
The Municipality of Guldborgsund
The Municipality of Horsens
The Municipality of Kolding
The Municipality of Lyngby-Taarbæk
The Municipality of Naestved
The Municipality of Odense
The Municipality of Randers
The Municipality of Syddjurs
The Municipality of Sønderborg
The North Denmark Region
- Assisted HOFOR Spildevand A/S with an appeal to the Supreme Court following a High Court judgement that overruled previous judgement from the Copenhagen City Court regarding the financing of wastewater systems within city developments.
- Represented the City of Copenhagen in a court case regarding waste charges.
- Represented KL – Local Government Denmark (an organisation representing all 98 municipalities of Denmark) in an appeal to the Supreme Court in a case against the Danish Road Directorate, concerning a fundamental problem on the collection of payment for separate control of public road areas.
‘Good knowledge of insolvency law; excellent English language capabilities; commercial attitude.’
‘High-quality legal work, pleasant to work with.’
‘Lars Lüneborg provides top-level work.’
‘Birgitte Frølund: very approachable and responsive.’
‘We have been mainly working with Claus Bennetsen, and have been very pleased with his work, as he is in our view an outstanding professional, who always gives sound and practical advice, providing real added value on the files.’
Nordic Property Financing K/S
Polaris Private Equity
Bayerische Landesbank, London Branch
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Waterland Private Equity Investments
Patrimonium Middle Market Debt Fund
The Danish Growth Fund
Maj Invest Equity
Triple Nine Group
- Advising the mandated lead arrangers, primarily Commerzbank, on the senior secured financing of the acquisition of Danish high-quality broadband network company, DKT A/S by German listed private equity fund, Deutsche Beteiligungs AG through its portfolio company, BTV Multimedia GmbH, as well as a refinancing the BTV Group in connection with a management buyout.
- Acting as lead counsel to Polaris Private Equity on the financing by Capital Four of the acquisition of the Contour Group across Denmark, the US and China.
- Assisting Nordic Property Financing with establishing a new DKK3bn Nordic property market loan fund and closing the first loan of DKK784m to an SPV sponsored by KKR, with other loans in the pipeline.
Denmark > Dispute resolution Tier 2The ‘very professional and highly qualified’ dispute resolution team at Horten specialises in complex commercial and financial disputes, often with a cross-border element. It handles all types of commercial claims, with a particular focus on post-M&A, professional liability, insolvency and regulatory disputes. Birgitte Frølund leads the team that includes Jakob Tingskov and the ‘highly skilled’ Christina Steen.
‘A very professional and highly qualified team.’
‘Christina Steen is a welcoming, professional and highly skilled lawyer who always provides high qualified counselling.’
‘We are working with the dispute resolution team around Birgitte Frølund. Birgitte and her team bring all the personality and knowledge you would expect of a highly recommendable dispute resolution team: exceptional knowledge in material and procedural law, a clear eye for even the most minimal details and a lot of personal stamina. You will never feel left alone when you choose Birgitte and her team as your dispute representative.’
ING Bank N.V.
Fortum Waste Solutions A/S
Fitness World A/S
Centrica Energy Trading A/S
CNA Hardy, Denmark
Jyske Bank A/S
MAN Truck & Bus AG
Gable Insurance AG
- Representing Gable Insurance AG, Lichenstein, in multi-party litigation instigated by the Danish Guarantee Fund for Non-life Insurers.
- Assisting MAN Truck & Bus AG in relation to the follow-on damage claims after the European Commission’s decision regarding the Truck Cartel.
- Represented the global financial institution ING Bank in court cases pertaining to the O.W. Bunker bankruptcy estates.
Other key lawyers:
Annelouise Dalgaard Pedersen; Peter Gregersen; Marie Løvbjerg
‘Horten has great competence in regards to competition for FMCG and they stand out in Denmark in regards to their experience in the new rules regarding unfair trading practices.’
‘Marie Løvbjerg has excellent industry knowledge for FMCG, is pragmatic, a good speaker and nice to work with.’
‘Horten is a young and very dynamic firm. It communicates very well, with efficient use of social media. In this field of the law, we turn very regularly to this team.’
‘The team is very communicative and is a pleasant partner to work with. Our main contacts are Andreas Christensen and Marie Løvjberg.’
MAN Truck & Bus AG
The Municipality of Aarhus
Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique Nordic A/S
The City of Copenhagen
MLDK – Mærkevareleverandørerne
Sikkerhedsstyrelsen (the Danish Safety Technology Authority)
Peek & Cloppenburg
The Municipality of Vordingborg
Fonden Svendborg Maritime Uddannelsescenter
- Advised MAN Truck & Bus AG in relation to the follow-on damage claims after the European Commission’s decision regarding the Truck Cartel.
- Advised Peek & Cloppenburg on the acquisition of Denmark’s largest chain of department stores, Magasin du Nord.
- Advised MLDK on all matters regarding competition law, compliance and legal aspects within policy and lobbying.
Denmark > Insolvency Tier 2Horten‘s restructuring and insolvency team specialises in creditor representation, distressed M&A and non-performing loans, compulsory liquidations and bankruptcies. Members of the team are regularly appointed as trustees of the bankrupt estates of businesses, often at the request of the Debt Collection Agency. Led by Piya Mukherjee, the team has extensive experience as administrators of in-court and out-of-court restructurings in Denmark; Mukherjee also handles issues relating to insolvency practitioner rights in insolvencies. Bo Christensen represents creditors in litigation proceedings.
Other key lawyers:
Bo Christensen; Nicolai Dyhr; Ulrik Holsted-Sandgreen; Jan Bech; Flemming Bastholm
‘Very acquisitive team and good at positioning themselves in many cases.’
‘Bo Christensen is one of the best in the business. He gets things done in a fast, effective and pragmatic way.’
‘The team is highly responsive and always with a positive and pragmatic touch on deliveries.’
‘Flemming Bastholm is extremely likeable and to the point – not trying to make complicated matters more complicated, however, always seeking a solution.’
‘Horten possesses a number of unique competencies that we can use in connection with companies that are in crisis and where we prioritise developing the companies into healthy companies, but where we can end up in bankruptcy and thereby improve the bank’s position.’
‘The partners we work with have the qualifications to find the good solutions that benefit both the bank and the customer. It is also important that the lawyer can enter into a cross-cutting collaboration between bank, client and adviser.’
‘They are very competent, experienced and have an international understanding that helps deliver great service.’
‘Jan Bech is just a great lawyer and very user friendly.’
Finansiel Stabilitet A/S
Gable Insurance AG in bankruptcy
LEGO System A/S
Spar Nord Bank
The Danish National Debt Collection Agency
Vestjysk Bank A/S
Vækstfonden (the Danish Growth Fund)
- Appointed as ad hoc trustee on behalf of LEGO System A/S and other suppliers to TOP-TOY A/S, the largest chain of toy stores in Scandinavia and Germany, to investigate potential management liability and the role of the syndicated banks as well as the administration of the €100m floating charge prior to the bankruptcy of TOP-TOY.
- Advising a consortium of secured lenders in respect to the renegotiation of the facility to an international group in the aviation sector.
- Advising an international energy and commodity trading company in respect of a secured loan to a Danish sector company, safeguarding security structure and lender risks in insolvency scenarios.
Denmark > Insurance Tier 2Horten provides a full-service insurance offering, handling both contentious and non-contentious work for major insurers and brokers in the Danish market. The team has a particular focus on commercial insurance disputes, often with cross-border elements. The ‘very talented’ Christina Steen heads up the practice and specialises in professional liability insurance and matters pertaining to the liability of executives and board members.
‘The team is high qualified within insurance. They always provide concrete and useful advice at a very high level.’
‘Christina Steen is very talented and has many years of experience within insurance. She always provides excellent and usable counselling.’
‘Unique expertise in insurance issues, especially regulatory. Very few law firms offer insurance law advice. Horten is able to provide such services in even the most complicated matters.’
‘The main qualities of the team are availability, reactivity, very good communication. Advice, risk analysis and follow-up of the case given were of an excellent quality. It was highly appreciated.’
Willis Towers Watson
Gable Insurance AG
The Appeals Board of the Patient Compensation Association
- Advising Allianz on various product liability matters.
- Representing a former board member of a Danish company in a case, which is part of the so-called “beneficial owner” group of cases.
- Advising various national and international insurance companies on Danish legal and regulatory requirements for insurance activities in Denmark.
Michael Neumann; Niels Jørgen Oggesen
Other key lawyers:
Thomas Krucov Jensen; Lars Gregersen
‘I consider Horten, and especially our primary lawyers, to be among the best within their field. They give very precise and to-the-point advice. The tone is informal and fits very well with the culture, represented in our company.’
‘Thomas Krucow Jensen always delivers a flawless and very well-prepared piece of work. Thomas has a wide knowledge within real estate and is a very loyal lawyer who has a great understanding of our business.’
‘Horten provides advice and assistance with a high degree of insight into legal matters relevant to the construction industry.’
‘Niels Jørgen Oggesen is very responsive and commercial and has great market and knowledge of the construction industry in Denmark. He is very good at breaking down complex matters into digestible forms. He is highly skilled, very knowledgeable and understands clients’ needs.’
‘Excellent in getting in the client’s place to make not only legal but also business considerations.’
‘Horten provides a wide range of legal services in the real estate area. Horten clearly has a highly skilled team and provides qualified advice concerning legal compliance and practical solutions respectively.’
‘Michael Neumann and his associate are a good team with very reasonable fees and a good commercial mindset.’
AART Architects A/S
ArkitektGruppen and Nordic Real Estate Partners
Byggeskadefonden vedrørend Bygningsfornyelse
Copenhagen Business School
Finansiel Stabilitet A/S
Freja Ejendomme A/S
HS Hansen A/S
Kemp & Lauritzen A/S
M. J. Eriksson A/S
MT Højgaard A/S
Munck Gruppen A/S
- Acting as legal adviser to Arhus Property Denmark P/S regarding the development of a new city area comprising of a development of more than 70,000m2 residential and office space.
- Acted as legal adviser to DSB Ejendomsudvikling A/S regarding entering into a joint venture with the Danish pension fund Danica Pension regarding the development and construction of a property containing 25,000m2 for social accommodation, student accommodation, rental accommodation and office space in a new development area in central Copenhagen.
- Assisted Novafos A/S with establishing a new waste water treatment plant for five municipalities.
Denmark > Tax Tier 2Horten is known for its expertise in various tax law issues, with particular strength in the modelling and implementation of employee share schemes, cross-border taxation issues, M&A tax and tax disputes. Practice head Henrik Stig Lauritsen specialises in incentive programmes, the relocation of employees and general corporate tax, while Thomas Booker leads on real estate tax matters.
Henrik Stig Lauritsen
Other key lawyers:
Thomas Booker; Anne Becker-Christensen
‘Network and interconnectedness in the Danish and Nordic M&A market and industry.’
‘Competence and responsiveness – Henrik Sig Lauritsen.’
‘Thomas Booker – expert-knowledge in the field of property tax. Understanding for the customer, availability and engagement of the partners.’
Telco Industries A/S
Bain & Company
Rudersdal Municipality/Copenhagen Municipality
- Acting as adviser to G4S Plc in respect to its investigation into the possibility that it could separate its cash solution business from the rest of the group and in particular also in connection with its de-listing from Nasdaq OMX Copenhagen.
- Provided tax advice to Barclays with respect to its equity financing business.
- Assisted the sellers in connection with the disposal of Humio Ltd.
Other key lawyers:
Lise Lotte Hjerrild; Thomas Francis Beckett; Hans Christian Pape
‘I have worked mainly with Lise Lotte Hjerrild who is a seasoned, competent M&A/commercial law lawyer.’
‘Technically very knowledgeable, good commercial mindset, swift and nice service. What more can you ask for?’
Adelis Equity Partners
Bain & Company
Capidea Management ApS
CataCap Private Equity
Core Equity Holdings (Malmos A/S)
Findos Investor GmBH
Fortum OYJ/ Fortum Waste Solutions
Peek & Cloppenburg
Waterland Private Equity
- Advised Peek & Cloppenburg group with its acquisition of the largest Danish department store chain Magasin du Nord from Debenhams.
- Advising G4S plc on the public takeover bid process with two bidders, GardaWorld (hostile) and Allied (recommend by G4S). Advice included all relevant EU and Danish ECM legislation.
- Assisted the private equity house Polaris with the acquisition of Contour Gruppen.
Denmark > Capital markets Tier 3Horten ‘always go the extra mile for the client’, acting for a roster of issuers, banks and investors. The team has an international focus and is adept at handling dual listings, passporting and issuances with convenience listings; it also has a strong practice in real estate bonds. Lise Lotte Hjerrild and Jacob Kornerup jointly lead the team.
Lise Lotte Hjerrild; Jacob Kornerup
‘Lise-Lotte is well known in the market and she runs a good team.’
‘Lise Lotte Hjerrild and her team have a very professional, pragmatic and collaborative way of working. Most importantly, they understand what matters to General Counsels and in-house legal teams, which is so rare to come by (still) in private practice. They embrace diversity in its fullest meaning, in the way they approach a matter and consider all angles, using cognitive diversity, recognising cultural differences.’
‘The support received is first class. Pragmatic solutions and a can do approach. They always go the extra mile for the client and are very responsive and adaptable to other business cultures and approaches.’
5th Planet Games
The Danish Growth Fund (Vækstfonden)
JOOL Corporate Finance
- Advising FTSE 100 company, G4S plc, on the public takeover bid process with two bidders, GardaWorld (hostile) and Allied (recommend by G4S). Advice included all relevant EU and Danish ECM legislation, including NASDAQ Nordic Issuer Rules and also conducted the delisting of G4S on NASDAQ.
- Advising The Danish Growth Fund (Vækstfonden), which is the Kingdom of Denmark’s investment fund for SMB, on all capital market matters.
- Advised the Danish company 5th Planet Games, in connection with the negotiation of the US investor Skybound Studio Games inc.’s contemplated takeover of the control of 5th Planet Games by way of a directed share issuance on Euronext Oslo, Norway.
Asger Heine Jensen; Jakob Krag Nielsen
Other key lawyers:
Jens Grønkjær Sjølander Pihl; Iben Schaumburg
‘Horten is a well-reputed law firm, not least regarding Intellectual property disputes in the Life Sciences/Biotech area. Clients will find themselves very well received at Hortens, and their cases discussed at a high level of comprehension and attention to the tricky points.’
‘Jakob Krag Nielsen: Jakob is extremely experienced and skilled within the area of all IP matters and IP litigation. His approach is very strategic, which enables him to be proactive and always a step ahead even in the most complex litigation. It a clear from working with Jakob that he is genuinely invested in his cases and clients.’
‘Iben Schaumburg: Iben is a very skilled and hardworking attorney. She has a great understanding of both legal and technical aspects and her communicative skills are highly valued when working with her in a team. She is always ready to step in at short notice and brings a great energy to the team.’
‘One aspect that makes Horten’s IP team, including Jakob, particularly nice to work with is that you as the client always feel safe that the advice you are given fits the commercial reality you are facing. Also impressive is Horten’s ability to handle assignments that involve multiple disciplines – which is usually needed in the brave new world of artificial intelligence and big data.’
‘A team with great competencies.’
‘We have a long history of working with Asger Heine Jensen. Asger is very professional, and always very thorough. I always have complete trust in what is being delivered by Asger.’
City of Copenhagen (Municipality of Copenhagen)
Mylan Upjohn, now Viatris
Brugg Rohrsystem AG
- Represented Fresenius Kabi Deutschland GmbH in a multi-venue multi-patent litigation complex involving rights to biosimilar versions of the medicinal product Humira.
- Represented Brugg Rohrsystem AG, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of energy saving equipment, including insulated pipes, in patent litigation against another world leading supplier of the same kind of equipment.
- Represented the City of Copenhagen in respect to the Covid-19 12-month postponement of the UEFA EURO 2020 tournament, as well as advising Grand Depart Copenhagen Denmark 2021 I/S, an entity consisting of The City of Copenhagen, four other municipalities and the Danish Ministry of Business, on hosting the Tour de France’s extremely prestigious Grand Depart in Denmark in 2022.
Asger Heine Jensen
‘Skills and experience within our area of business is rock solid.’
‘Asger H. Jensen is professional, strategically solid, with national and international experience. A one-man-army of its own. Having him along with you gives the back-up one can dream of.’
‘Hands-on advice by a great team!’
North Media A/S
The City of Copenhagen
- Represented Ejendomsfonden Spritten and the world-renowned artist Tómas Saraceno regarding his creation of a monumental art work in his Cloud City universe and obtained injunctive relief against commercial exploitation of the Cloud City brand.
- Assisted Kiloo with strategic advice and instructing local counsel in the landmark class actions filed against Kiloo, Disney and Viacom last year (pending before the United States District Court, Northern District of California).
- Represented the City of Copenhagen in respect to the 12-month postponement of the UEFA EURO 2020 tournament, as well as advising Grand Depart Copenhagen Denmark 2021 I/S, an entity consisting of The City of Copenhagen, four other municipalities and the Danish Ministry of Business, on hosting the Tour de France’s extremely prestigious Grand Depart in Denmark in 2021.
Horten > Firm Profile
The firm: As a client with Horten, you will be in the strongest possible position in a world of ever-increasing complexity and competition. The firm goes to the heart of the matter and has the courage to tell it like it is. This does not mean that Horten skips the hard work. It is only by understanding, recognising and weighing up your options and challenges that Horten is able to turn them into definite answers.
Horten is a full-service law firm with more than 60 years’ experience and 350 employees. It relies on the firm’s solid background and many interdisciplinary areas of expertise to create results for its clients.
Areas of practice: Horten provides legal expertise within all practice areas to Danish and international business sectors. Horten is specialised within sectors characterised by strict regulation or where technological development and innovative approaches are fundamental – such as banking and finance, energy and supply, life science and healthcare, IT, technology and media, real estate, insurance and liability, as well as the public sector. The firm uses its special expertise within regulated areas proactively to solve complex problems and think innovatively.
|Banking and finance||Claus Bennetsenemail@example.com||+45 33344163|
|Capital markets||Jacob Kornerupfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344247|
|Dispute Resolution||Birgitte Frølundemail@example.com||+45 33344320|
|Competition||Andreas Christensenfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344226|
|Company law||Christian Gregersenemail@example.com||+45 33344312|
|Corporate/M&A||Frans Rossenfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344233|
|Corporate criminal law||Finn Schwarzemail@example.com||+45 33344150|
|Employment and labour||Jonas Enkegaardfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344174|
|Energy and supply||Søren Hornbæk Svendsenemail@example.com||+45 33344241|
|Environmental, planning and construction||Henriette Sojafirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344293|
|EU law and human rights||Andreas Christensenemail@example.com||+45 33344226|
|Fintech||Lars Lüneborgfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344263|
|Funds, foundations and self-governing institutions||Jim Øksnebjergemail@example.com||+45 33344185|
|Gaming and gambling||Asger Heine Jensenfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344387|
|Insolvency||Piya Mukherjeeemail@example.com||+45 33344177|
|Insurance and tort||Christina Steenfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344217|
|Intellectual property rights||Asger Heine Jensenemail@example.com||+45 33344387|
|Media and entertainment||Asger Heine Jensenfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344387|
|Procurement||Andreas Christensenemail@example.com||+45 33344226|
|Public-private partnerships||Peter Bisgaardfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344202|
|Purchase and sale of properties and development projects||Michael Neumannemail@example.com||+45 33344267|
|Regulatory||Rikke Søgaard Berthfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344279|
|Rent legislation||Thomas Krucov Jensenemail@example.com||+4533344237|
|Startups||Lars Lüneborgfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344263|
|State aid||Andreas Christensenemail@example.com||+45 33344226|
|Tax||Henrik Stig Lauritsenfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344549|
|Greenland desk||Søren Hornbæk Svendsenemail@example.com||+45 33344241|
|Managing Partner||Finn Schwarzfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344150|
|Corporate/M&A||Lise Lotte Hjerrildemail@example.com||+45 33344147|
|Corporate/M&A||Thomas Francis Beckettfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 33344135|
|Corporate/M&A||Hans Christian Papeemail@example.com||+45 33344210|
|Data Privacy and Data Protection||Birgitte Toxværdfirstname.lastname@example.org||+45 3334 4256|
|Jim Øksnebjerg||Jim Øksnebjerg advises on M&A, private equity, venture capital, securities law and…||View Profile|
|Sophus Bøgeskov Christensen||Sophus Bøgeskov Christensen conducts litigation and arbitration, including institutional as well as…||View Profile|
|Flemming Bastholm||Flemming Bastholm is specialised within commercial law with special focus on financing…||View Profile|
|Jan Bech||Partner||View Profile|
|Claus Bennetsen||Claus Bennetsen is specialised within banking and finance law. He has more…||View Profile|
|Thomas Booker||Thomas Booker advises on Danish and international tax law, restructuring, group taxation…||View Profile|
|Lars Carstens||Lars Carstens is specialised in administrative law and municipal law and has…||View Profile|
|Andreas Christensen||Andreas Christensen is specialised in competition law, EU law, public procurement law…||View Profile|
|Bo Christensen||Partner||View Profile|
|Annelouise Dalgaard Pedersen||Annelouise Dalgaard Pedersen is specialised within procurement law and state aid. Annelouise…||View Profile|
|Nicolai Dyhr||Nicolai Dyhr advises on restructuring, insolvency and general credit issues. He has…||View Profile|
|Jonas Enkegaard||Jonas Enkegaard advises Danish and international enterprises, public authorities and organisations on…||View Profile|
|Birgitte Frølund||Birgitte Frølund is specialised within complex litigation concerning commercial and/or financial matters.…||View Profile|
|Thomas Francis Beckett||Thomas Francis Beckett’s practice area is M&A transactions and private equity related…||View Profile|
|René Frisdahl Jensen||René Frisdahl Jensen is specialised within energy and supply law and has…||View Profile|
|Klavs Gravesen||Klavs Gravesen is specialised in energy law, supply law and municipal company…||View Profile|
|Michael Gregersen||Michael Gregersen primarily advises on insolvency and finance law. He is part…||View Profile|
|Lars Gregersen||Lars Gregersen advises on contracts and conducts legal and arbitration proceedings especially…||View Profile|
|Christian Gregersen||Christian Gregersen advises foundations and family-owned businesses as well as other closely…||View Profile|
|Asger Heine Jensen||Asger Heine Jensen has extensive experience with commercialisation and enforcement of intellectual…||View Profile|
|Lise Lotte Hjerrild||Lise Lotte Hjerrild is specialised in M&A. She advises a number of…||View Profile|
|Ulrik Holsted-Sandgreen||Ulrik Holsted-Sandgreen provides legal and strategic advice to Danish and international companies.…||View Profile|
|Søren Hornbæk Svendsen||Søren Hornbæk Svendsen has more than 15 years’ experience working as an…||View Profile|
|Poul Hvilsted||Poul Hvilsted manages legal, strategic and commercial advice to Danish and international…||View Profile|
|Anne Sophie Kierkegaard Vilsbøll||Anne Sophie Kierkegaard Vilsbøll advises public authorities and organisations and public and…||View Profile|
|Jacob Kornerup||Jacob Kornerup has many years’ experience in providing legal advice to Danish…||View Profile|
|Thomas Krucov Jensen||Thomas Krucov Jensen primarily advises on real estate, including purchase, sale and…||View Profile|
|Marie Løvbjerg||Director, Attorney||View Profile|
|Lars Lüneborg||Lars Lüneborg is specialised within banking and finance law and has substantial…||View Profile|
|Tanja Lykke Stougaard||Tanja Lykke Stougaard has wide experience within insolvency and finance law. Tanja…||View Profile|
|Line Markert||Line Markert advises on the legal relations of municipalities, the special matters…||View Profile|
|Piya Mukherjee||Piya Mukherjee is head of Horten’s insolvency and restructuring group. She is…||View Profile|
|Michael Neumann||Michael Neumann specialises in real estate and construction law. He has many…||View Profile|
|Jakob Krag Nielsen||Partner||View Profile|
|Niels Jørgen Oggesen||Niels Jørgen Oggesen is specialised within construction law and has more than…||View Profile|
|Hans Christian Pape||Hans Christian Pape advises domestic and international clients including public sector clients…||View Profile|
|Jesper Petersen Bach||Jesper Petersen Bach is specialised within procurement law and strives to facilitate…||View Profile|
|Mikkel Primdal Kæregaard||Mikkel Primdal Kæregaard advises a wide range of Danish and international companies…||View Profile|
|Frans Rossen||Frans Rossen is engaged in national and international corporate acquisitions and provides…||View Profile|
|Rikke Søgaard Berth||Rikke Søgaard Berth is specialised in the special regulatory set-up applying to…||View Profile|
|Finn Schwarz||Finn Schwarz is specialised in employment law, general commercial law and tort and…||View Profile|
|Henriette Soja||Henriette Soja has been specialising in environmental law for many years and…||View Profile|
|Christina Steen||Christina Steen has in-depth knowledge of damages and insurance in commercial disputes.…||View Profile|
|Henrik Stig Lauritsen||Henrik Stig Lauritsen is head of Horten’s Taxes and Duties team. He…||View Profile|
|Nicolai Thornemann||Partner||View Profile|
|Jakob Tingskov||Jakob Tingskov is specialised in dispute resolution and litigation. He has wide…||View Profile|
|Birgitte Toxværd||Partner||View Profile|
|Christian Tullberg||Christian Tullberg is specialised in general commercial law and energy law advising…||View Profile|
|Erik Wendelboe Christiansen||Erik Wendelboe Christiansen advises national and international enterprises, public authorities and organisations…||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of fee earners : 222 Number of partners : 53
LanguagesDutch English French German Hebrew Italian the Scandinavian languages Spanish Thai Farsi Portugese
- Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution
- EU, competition and public procurement
- Real estate and construction