FTMS Avocats > Paris, France > Firm Profile
FTMS Avocats Offices
67 BOULEVARD MALESHERBES
FTMS Avocats > The Legal 500 RankingsFTMS Avocats stands out through its deep knowledge of the political scene and the public sector. Many French and African high-ranking elected officials turn to the firm for their most pressing issues, including political fraud, bribery or sexual harassment accusations. The firm is defending several former and incumbent ministers and members of parliament facing investigations or trials. The team is also regularly in charge of high-profile public health cases and was chosen for the defence of a high-ranking official civil servant facing investigations in relation to the political management of the Covid-19 crisis in France. The firm’s range of expertise also includes the representation of CEOs and executives facing international corruption accusations. Other areas of strength are matters involving the media sector and proceedings involving human rights and extradition issues. The high-profile Pierre-Olivier Sur and the excellent Mathias Chichportich co-head the practice.
Pierre-Olivier Sur; Mathias Chichportich
‘A strategic approach that sheds a different light on current issues.’
‘Pierre-Olivier Sur shows competence, responsiveness, availability and has a great reputation.’
Former President Blaise Compaoré
President Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Ligue de Football Professionnelle
François de Rugy
CHAMBRE NATIONALE DES COMMISSAIRES DE JUSTICE
- Assisting professor Jérôme Salomon, director general of health (DGS) with the parliamentary inquiry and judicial investigation opened by the Law Court of the Republic, regarding the management of the COVID-19 pandemic by the French authorities.
- Representing the French Interior Minister (formerly Minister of Budget) Gérald Darmanin following allegations of rape and abuse of a state of weakness.
- Assisting the governor of the Lebanese central bank Riad Salameh with a judicial investigation opened by the French National Financial Prosecutor following allegations of fraud, public funds embezzlement, money laundering and abuse of power.
Cédric Fischer; Marc Henry
‘Responsive with an excellent business approach, taking into account pros and cons of the matter at stake.’
‘I have worked with Cédric Fischer; much appreciated his problem-solving and enthusiastic approach.’
‘A medium-sized firm with the client at the heart of the relationship.’
‘Technical excellence, creativity, proactivity, fair value for money.’
‘Good understanding of the priorities of our company, very good interpersonal skills.’
‘Silvestre Tandeau de Marsac leads a team of very eclectic experts able to effectively handle any type of litigation such as: the distribution of complex financial products, the regulations applicable to financial players, the recovery of debts arising from the right to commissions, creating sophisticated schemes for marketing products.’
‘Silvestre Tandeau de Marsac has a long experience in banking and financial litigation which allows him to have excellent reflexes and an immediate strategic vision of each file. Beyond the purely legal aspect of the litigation procedure, he is able to offer, in a very short time, practical solutions to the best of our interests. He is perfectly attentive to the needs and challenges of his clients and offers detailed and personalised follow-up of each case, which clearly sets him apart from other lawyers in Paris.’
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
Banque Populaire Rives de Paris (BPRI)
Caisse d’Epargne Ile de France (CEIF)
Caisse d’Epargne Rhône-Alpes (CERA)
Caisse d’Epargne Loire Centre (CELC)
Caisse d’epargne normandie (CEN)
Banque populaire mediterrannée (bpmed)
Banque de nouvelle caledonnie
Lloyds banking Group
European Investment Bank
France > Employment Tier 3FTMS Avocats assists a prominent client base, including brand names in the retail, luxury goods, media, hospitality and automobile sectors. The highly qualified team is very experienced in complex matters, such as the negotiation of collective agreements and restructuring projects. It is also well versed in the management of individual files, notably matters involving high-ranking executives. The practice is also proficient in compensation and benefits matters and has special expertise in work accident and criminal employment law issues. The group’s litigation strength is another asset. Jean Néret, Olivier Angotti and Sabrina Kemel, who made partner in July 2021, co-head the practice, which also includes counsel Isabelle Pontal.
Jean Néret; Olivier Angotti; Sabrina Kemel
Other key lawyers:
‘Hands-on approach, flexibility and availability to deliver support within short deadlines in complex cases. Ability to explain the French context in an understandable way, helping us to make pragmatic decisions for the French market.’
‘The labour law team is a combination of different personalities, all complementary and at the exclusive service of their clients.’
‘Olivier Angotti is a lawyer of great value who combines, rare in the profession, reflection and risk-taking and knows how to provide his clients with the tailor-made service he seeks by consulting him.’
‘True knowledge of their field, goes to the bottom of a problem, inquire when they have the slightest doubt. Goes deeper into the subject, seeks to have as much information as possible and understand the context (which not all lawyers do) and appreciable detailed invoicing (= proof of transparency).’
‘Availability, sympathy, accessibility. Does not give up on a business, very good advice.’
‘Isabelle Pontalis is really competent, but in addition she knows the industry and also the company well and that facilitates communication a lot.’
‘A firm with excellent expertise. Responsiveness, professionalism, simplicity are the qualities of this firm.’
‘I work with Sabrina Kemel who is a very competent lawyer. I have known Sabrina for several years. Unlike other lawyers, she is a very responsive, a humble person who knows how to make herself available. She is competent and available at the same time and very pleasant and easy to work with.’
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles France (FCA)
SMRC Automotive Modules France
Zadig & Voltaire
CEA (commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux energies alternatives)
Torras Papel Malmenayde (Lecta Group)
- Advising Valeo on the drafting, the negotiation, and the implementation of company agreements at the group level in order to preserve the Group competitiveness and to safeguard jobs by amending working time and some employees’ benefits.
- Assisting Linamar Montupet on the drafting, the negotiation, and the implementation of company agreements in order to preserve its competitiveness.
- Advising FCA Group in France on the termination of a unilateral agreement regarding a pre-retirement scheme.
FTMS Avocats > Firm Profile
Founded more than 30 years ago, FTMS has a strong reputation in complex and sensitive matters both in litigation, legal advice and crisis communication areas, involving large groups, SMEs and their top executives.
Particularly active in the areas of regulated sectors (banking and finance) and those having a high growth potential (industry and digital economy), FTMS is also recognized in the media field.
The lawyers of the firm are very active internationally, in particular in the so-called countries of continental law. As such, they regularly intervene in cross-border cases and offer their clients a full-service support.
FTMS, a transversal organization in France and abroad:
- dedicated teams with complementary skills,
- personal involvement of the partner, together with his team,
- a legal, judicial and media network.
Business litigation and arbitration : Cédric Fischer, Marc Henry, Silvestre Tandeau de Marsac et Tristan Dupré de Puget
- Complex and strategic litigation: commercial law, industrial risks, construction, liability,
- Defence before civil and commercial courts,
- Arbitration and mediation proceedings.
White-collar crime and civil liberties : Pierre-Olivier Sur, Mathias Chichportich
- Interventions in most of the major trials of the last 15 years,
- Financial and political criminal law, international criminal law, environmental and public health criminal law, mass accidents, compliance,
- Determination of transversal strategies, prevention of criminal risk, assistance with investigations and representation before the courts.
Banking-Finance : Silvestre Tandeau de Marsac, Marc Henry, Laurent Barbotin
- Assistance to banking and financial institutions, service providers, management companies and wealth management consultants, in France and abroad,
- Advice on obtaining the necessary approvals and banking and financial regulation,
- Intervention in all types of litigation: courts and regulatory authorities.
Contracts, competition, distribution : Laurent Barbotin
- Negotiation, drafting and litigation of contracts,
- Audit, advice and litigation in competition and distribution matters,
- Development of digital activity and GPDR.
Media : Mathias Chichportich, Pierre-Olivier Sur
- Defending the reputation and image of companies and individuals,
- Crisis communication and implementation of media strategies,
- Interventions before specialized courts: defamation, privacy, presumption of innocence, personal data.
Labour law : Jean Néret, Olivier Angotti
- Social management of business restructuring processes,
- Support to companies at every stage in the management of their working relationships and particularly in the implementation of individual contracts and collective agreements,
- Negotiations with staff representative bodies and social partners and in the preparation, negotiation and operational implementation of employment protection plans.
- Representation to clients in collective and individual litigation concerning risk, management of strikes, as well as in criminal liability claims against directors due to workplace accidents, industrial disasters and product-related liability.
- Daily advice to the managers of large industrial or family-owned groups,
- Assistance to investors in the implementation of their strategy and projects, particularly in the OHADA zone,
- Legal structuring, drafting and negotiation of infrastructure contracts, creation of subsidiaries or acquisition of existing companies.
|Business Litigation and Arbitration||Cédric Fischerfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Business Litigation and Arbitration||Marc Henryemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Business Litigation and Arbitration||Tristan Dupré de Pugetfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Criminal Business Law and Civil Liberties||Pierre-Olivier Suremail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Criminal Business Law and Civil Liberties||Mathias Chichportichfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Banking and Finance||Silvestre Tandeau de Marsacemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Banking and Finance||Marc Henryfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Media||Mathias Chichportichemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Media||Pierre-Olivier Surfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Labour law||Olivier Angottiemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Labour law||Jean Néretfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Labour law||Sabrina Kemelemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Mr Olivier Angotti||Partner, Co-managing partner||View Profile|
|Mr Mathias Chichportich||Partner, Co-managing partner||View Profile|
|Mr Tristan Dupré de Puget||PARTNER||View Profile|
|Mr Cédric Fischer||PARTNER||View Profile|
|Mr Marc Henry||PARTNER||View Profile|
|Mr Jean Néret||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Pierre-Olivier Sur||PARTNER||View Profile|
|Mr Silvestre Tandeau de Marsac||PARTNER||View Profile|