Firm Profile > FTMS Avocats > Paris, France
FTMS Avocats Offices
67 BOULEVARD MALESHERBES
FTMS Avocats > The Legal 500 Rankings
FTMS Avocats is able to deal with an impressive range of complex disputes. The firm is among the go-to practices for leading banks and asset managers facing mass liability claims in relation to the commercialisation of financial products. Cases regularly involve unprecedented issues concerning various financial products, including tax optimisation matters and investments in solar and real estate financial products. Marc Henry, who heads the practice with Cédric Fischer, is a key name in the field, as is Silvestre Tandeau de Marsac, who is notably involved in a highly significant case regarding the application of the ne bis in idem rule. The practice also deals with complex commercial and industrial litigation and has particular strong know-how in dealing with cases involving international law aspects. Mediation and arbitration proceedings are other key strengths of the team. Tristan Dupré de Puget are also excellent.
Cédric Fischer; Marc Henry
Other key lawyers:
Silvestre Tandeau de Marsac; Tristan Dupré de Puget
‘The team demonstrates high-level technique, responsiveness, availability, efficiency and adaptability. The lawyers, and particularly Cédric Fischer, have great writing and have great oratorical style.’
‘Great listening skills, competence and efficiency.’
‘High professionalism and success rate.’
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
Banque Populaire Rives de Paris (BPRI)
Caisse d’Epargne Ile de France (CEIF)
Caisse d’Epargne Rhône-Alpes (CERA)
Caisse d’Epargne Loire Centre (CELC)
Caisse d’epargne normandie (CEN)
Banque populaire grand ouest (bpgo)
Banque populaire val de France (bpvf)
Banque populaire occitane (bpoccitane)
Banque populaire du sud (bpsud)
Banque populaire auvergne rhone alpes (bpaura)
Banque populaire alsace lorraine champagne (bpalc)
Banque populaire bourgogne franche-comté (bpbfc)
Banque populaire mediterannée (bpmed)
Banque de nouvelle caledonnie
Lloyds banking Group
European Investment Bank
FTMS Avocats is a leading name for high-profile cases in the French and African political scenes. The firm defends several current and former French ministers and high-level civil servants as well as current and former Presidents and ministers of various African countries. The group has been involved in most of France's headlines cases, dealing with a wide range of accusations such as corruption, involuntary manslaughter and sexual abuse. Headline cases from the healthcare sectors account for another significant portion of the caseload, including investigations looking into the governmental response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The team also defends companies and acts as special advisor to the CEOs of several of France's leading companies. It is involved in several international corruption and bribery cases and frequently handles sensitive cases in the media, sport and entertainment sectors. Pierre-Olivier Sur and Mathias Chichportich are in charge.
Pierre-Olivier Sur; Mathias Chichportich
‘Mathias Chichportich offers great technical skills, responsiveness, availability, efficiency and adaptability; also great writing and oral skills.’
Former President Blaise Compaoré (Burkina Faso)
President Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta (Mali)
Ligue de Football Professionnelle
François de Rugy
MAGLOIRE NGAMBIA (GABON)
Employment Tier 2
FTMS Avocats launched its practice in January 2020 after hiring a highly regarded team from Jeantet, led by Olivier Angotti and the highly experienced Jean Néret, who is particularly involved in sensitive employment criminal matters. The group team, which also includes counsels Sabrina Kemel and Isabelle Pontal, assists a prominent and loyal client base comprising leading names in the automotive, luxury goods, hospitably, industrial and media fields. It is retained to handle significant advisory and litigation work, with recent work including highly strategic restructuring projects and litigation. Contract status requalification matters and governance issues are also dealt with.
Jean Néret; Olivier Angotti
‘The team is extremely helpful and perfectly knows our company. Advice is always relevant and adapted to our company.’
‘I work with Me Isabelle Pontal and Me Guillaume Turpin. They are always very available. I know I can count on them during crisis situations to get a clear and quick response. Moreover, it is a real pleasure to work with them.’
‘A very professional team and very pleasant; very attentive; quickly understands the various complexities faced by our business; great legal mastery; availability; loyalty.’
‘It is a real pleasure to be working with Maître Pontal. She is very professional, very attentive, very pleasant. Maître Eskenazi is also very professional and very discreet and he masters his subject well.’
‘Availability and responsiveness. They were a real support and they helped our company at every step.’
‘Isabelle PONTAL has great skills, shows swiftness of response and high precision.’
‘Exceptional availability and commitment.’
‘The team has demonstrated high-level skills, deep regulatory knowledge and quick understanding of our main critical issues.’
‘Competence, speed and attention to our needs are the main skills that, beyond the strictly legal ones, have certainly made the difference.’
‘Attentive and available.’
‘The team is made up of people with different skills and qualities, which allows productive exchanges.’
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles France (FCA)
SMRC Automotive Modules France
Zadig & Voltaire
FTMS Avocats > Firm Profile
Founded more than 30 years ago, FTMS has a strong reputation in complex and sensitive matters both in litigation, legal advice and crisis communication areas, involving large groups, SMEs and their top executives.
Particularly active in the areas of regulated sectors (banking and finance) and those having a high growth potential (industry and digital economy), FTMS is also recognized in the media field.
The lawyers of the firm are very active internationally, in particular in the so-called countries of continental law. As such, they regularly intervene in cross-border cases and offer their clients a full-service support.
FTMS, a transversal organization in France and abroad:
- dedicated teams with complementary skills,
- personal involvement of the partner, together with his team,
- a legal, judicial and media network.
Business litigation and arbitration : Cédric Fischer, Marc Henry, Silvestre Tandeau de Marsac et Tristan Dupré de Puget
- Complex and strategic litigation: commercial law, industrial risks, construction, liability,
- Defence before civil and commercial courts,
- Arbitration and mediation proceedings.
White-collar crime and civil liberties : Pierre-Olivier Sur, Mathias Chichportich
- Interventions in most of the major trials of the last 15 years,
- Financial and political criminal law, international criminal law, environmental and public health criminal law, mass accidents, compliance,
- Determination of transversal strategies, prevention of criminal risk, assistance with investigations and representation before the courts.
Banking-Finance : Silvestre Tandeau de Marsac, Marc Henry, Laurent Barbotin
- Assistance to banking and financial institutions, service providers, management companies and wealth management consultants, in France and abroad,
- Advice on obtaining the necessary approvals and banking and financial regulation,
- Intervention in all types of litigation: courts and regulatory authorities.
Contracts, competition, distribution : Laurent Barbotin
- Negotiation, drafting and litigation of contracts,
- Audit, advice and litigation in competition and distribution matters,
- Development of digital activity and GPDR.
Media : Mathias Chichportich, Pierre-Olivier Sur
- Defending the reputation and image of companies and individuals,
- Crisis communication and implementation of media strategies,
- Interventions before specialized courts: defamation, privacy, presumption of innocence, personal data.
Labour law : Jean Néret, Olivier Angotti
- Social management of business restructuring processes,
- Support to companies at every stage in the management of their working relationships and particularly in the implementation of individual contracts and collective agreements,
- Negotiations with staff representative bodies and social partners and in the preparation, negotiation and operational implementation of employment protection plans.
- Representation to clients in collective and individual litigation concerning risk, management of strikes, as well as in criminal liability claims against directors due to workplace accidents, industrial disasters and product-related liability.
- Daily advice to the managers of large industrial or family-owned groups,
- Assistance to investors in the implementation of their strategy and projects, particularly in the OHADA zone,
- Legal structuring, drafting and negotiation of infrastructure contracts, creation of subsidiaries or acquisition of existing companies.
|Business Litigation and Arbitration||Cédric Fischerfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Business Litigation and Arbitration||Marc Henryemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Business Litigation and Arbitration||Tristan Dupré de Pugetfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Criminal Business Law and Civil Liberties||Pierre-Olivier Suremail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Criminal Business Law and Civil Liberties||Mathias Chichportichfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Banking and Finance||Silvestre Tandeau de Marsacemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Banking and Finance||Marc Henryfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Banking and Finance||Laurent Barbotinemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Contracts, Competition and Distribution||Laurent Barbotinfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Media||Mathias Chichportichemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Media||Pierre-Olivier Surfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Labour law||Olivier Angottiemail@example.com||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Labour law||Jean Néretfirstname.lastname@example.org||+33 (0)1 47 23 47 24|
|Mr Olivier Angotti||Partner, Co-managing partner||View Profile|
|Mr Laurent Barbotin||PARTNER||View Profile|
|Mr Mathias Chichportich||Partner, Co-managing partner||View Profile|
|Mr Tristan Dupré de Puget||PARTNER||View Profile|
|Mr Cédric Fischer||PARTNER||View Profile|
|Marc Henry||PARTNER||View Profile|
|Mr Jean Néret||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Pierre-Olivier Sur||PARTNER||View Profile|
|Mr Silvestre Tandeau de Marsac||PARTNER||View Profile|