Musat & Asociatii > Bucharest, Romania > Firm Profile
Musat & Asociatii Offices
43 AVIATORILOR BOULEVARD
Musat & Asociatii > The Legal 500 RankingsMusat & Asociatii has an excellent cradle-to-grave public procurement and projects practice that serves some of the largest private sector companies operating in the market. The firm has the depth to cover all needs, from initial bids, through to related corporate, finance, employment and litigation issues. This experience extends to major utilities, telecoms, transport, infrastructure, defence, energy and waste projects. The ‘very well-prepared‘ team includes partners Iulian Popescu and Razvan Stoicescu for the non-contentious side, including regulatory and environmental matters. Experienced litigation partner Angela Porumb is also on hand to lead on related disputes that might arise.
Other key lawyers:
Razvan Stoicescu; Angela Porumb
‘Very good legal expertise in preparing the documentation for different legal cases.’
‘Good professionals, ready to innovate.’
‘The team from Musat is complete and very well prepared and they deliver a full service, almost on the spot, both in public sector works but also in any related or complimentary needs.’
‘They are very involved in the matters they approach but also with a objective perspectives, always giving the best advice even when the client would not prefer to hear the other perspective.’
Solar Turbines Europe
Beechcraft Berlin Aviation
- Assisting the shipbuilding company, Damen Group, in multiple public procurement procedures, including the €1.2 billion tender for the acquisition of four multi-functional corvettes and the establishment of maintenance centres in Romania, and also the acquisition of the Mangalia Shipyard, and the partnership with the Romanian State for the subsequent operation of the shipyard.
- Assisting the communications company, Motorola Solutions, in multiple telecom infrastructure-related public procurement procedures in Romania, including the largest acquisition of TETRA infrastructure within the region.
- Representing Leviatan Design on the public tender organized by the Romanian Ministry of Defence, for the development of one of the biggest NATO military bases in Romania.
Other key lawyers:
‘I am old fashioned. I look for competence, availability and results – all for a sensible price. This firm delivers that. Monia Dobrescu is excellent. She delivers what I want: competence, availability and results – cost effectively.’
‘Proactive and non-standard approach to client’s needs, perfect for distance communication, deep knowledge on electronic administrative channels of communications. Always quick reactions, a perfect fit of clients needs’
BCR Banca Pentru Locuinte
Premier Capital/Premier Restaurants Romania
- Acted as legal counsel for Servier Pharma and Sermedic in connection with obtaining a new credit facility from a well-known bank in Romania, as well as for the restructuring of an existing financing agreement.
- Assisting European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in connection with a multimillion facility granted to TeraPlast Group, a construction materials manufacturer, for the implementation of three projects developed by group entities from Romania, and the CEE region.
- Acted as legal counsel for PPF BANKA A.S. (PPF Group’s central treasury bank), in connection with a multimillion facility granted to a local real estate developer for the construction of a large office building project in Romania.
Romania > Capital markets Tier 2Musat & Asociatii has solid credentials for advising issuers, public sector bodies and financial institutions within the capital markets space, both for debt and equity listings. On the debt side, the firm has good experience of derivatives and other structured products, and regularly advises on transactional and regulatory issues. The practice also assists clients on a broad spectrum of equity-related matters, from IPOs through to employee-share schemes and corporate governance. Founding partner Gheorghe Musat has almost 40 years’ experience in the market and has a good track record representing investment funds. Razvan Stoicescu and Monia Dobrescu are also experienced on this front.
Gheorghe Muşat; Răzvan Stoicescu
Other key lawyers:
Romanian State through the Ministry of Finance
HSBC, JP Morgan, RBC, Citibank, Northern Trust, State Street, The Bank of New York Mellon
- Assisting the Ministry of Public Finance of Romania in connection with all Romanian law matters regarding the negotiations and conclusion of ISDA Master Derivative Agreements and related colaterals in view of entering into interest rates swaps, foreign currency swaps and cross-currency swaps.
- Advised Vivendi S.E. in connection with an employee share offering pursuant to a sale of existing shares held in treasury stock.
- Advising HSBC, JP Morgan, RBC, Citibank, Northern Trust, State Street, and The Bank of New York Mellon, in connection with their provision of securities custody services in Romania and related risks concerning the insolvency of local custodians.
Other key lawyers:
Răzvan Stoicescu; Iulian Popescu; Paul Buta; Monia Dobrescu
‘Musat & Asociatii have assisted us with an ongoing complex M&A project. The team succeeded to take necessary steps for performing the due diligence activities in a very short period of time, delivering the reports in the agreed timeframe.’
‘Overall impression is 10/10. We try to get their advice on most major deals and we do rely on their advice. Availability, business oriented approach are all part of the package. No weaknesses to note.’
‘We’ve been working extensively on corporate, M&A, and financing matters with the team coordinated by Razvan Stoicescu. His team is always fast responding and on point. We do thank Razvan for his availability, on the spot advice, and business oriented approach. More specifically, he always gets the deal done, while keeping in mind our best interest. Another strength would be that he and the team were efficient and got everything done without unnecessary delays.’
Wellbore Integrity Solutions/Rhône Capital
Damen Shipyards Group
- Advised Damen Shipyards Group on the acquisition of the Mangalia Shipyard, one of Romania’s largest shipyards, and a subsequent joint venture with the Romanian State for its operation.
- Advised Wellbore Integrity Solutions, an affiliate of Rhône Capital, on the $400 million acquisition of the drilling businesses and associated Romanian assets of Schlumberger.
- Advised Sony with the cross-border merger of Sony Europe Limited into Sony Europe B.V., as well as the transfer of its Romanian branch to Sony Europe B.V.
Romania > Dispute resolution Tier 2Musat & Asociatii has a multi-faceted disputes practice that is ‘very attentive to all details and plans strategies for all contingencies and possibilities‘. The firm will miss highly-rated former practice head Gheorghe Buta who departed in late 2021. Nevertheless the team retains several well regarded litigators with strong experience across a range of disciplines. Managing partner Gheorghe Musat has been involved in several high profile fraud, public procurement and financial services disputes in recent years. Paul George Buta is noted for his ‘flair for long-term strategies‘ and is the main contact for IP and competition claims. Cosmin Libotean is praised for his ‘dedication and availability‘. Angela Porumb also has a good reputation.
Other key lawyers:
Paul Buta; Razvan Stoicescu; Angela Porumb; Cosmin Libotean; Andra Mihalache
‘Many experts in many fields and good at making the documentation.’
‘Good professionals and always ready to support’
‘The team is very attentive to all details and plans strategies for all contingencies and possibilities. They think ahead until the end of the process and beyond, always planning for all future possibilities. They can keep in mind a lot of details of fact and handle very complex problems, with a lot of technicalities. They also very realistically evaluate all sides of a problem and can determine which arguments are viable and should be pursued and which should be set aside.’
‘We have worked directly with Paul Buta, who has provided us with very good analysis of the case and has created a very detailed and complete strategy for the whole proceedings. He can bring a lot to the table: academic credentials, a scientific and up-to-date knowledge of the legal arguments and of the particulars of the market, a business-oriented mind, attention to detail and a flair for long-term strategies.’
‘Musat’s dispute resolution team is one of the strongest on the market, both in terms of quality of the advice and in terms of territorial coverage. This was important to us since we have engaged them for our more complex litigations which take place in different cities across the country. We trust them with the most complex matters we are faced with because we have seen them handle all kinds of complicated issues of law (be it Romanian law, European law or matters which needed to also be assessed under international law). They have continually provided excellent advice, have engaged with us to come up with detailed strategies and have delivered good results in a challenging environment. The responsible lawyers can be easily reached anytime either by calls, video calls, e-mails etc. and they have responded fast and to the point. What sets them apart is their approach, unique among the law firms on the market, to look into every detail and from every perspective, which is what you want from your lawyers when the stakes are high.’
‘Cosmin Libotean (Partner), has been involved in almost all our litigation matters and we are very pleased with his dedication and availability but also with his pragmatic analysis helped by his vast experience with courts all over Romania. He is a most reliable and trustworthy companion on our journeys into litigation. We also work with Paul Buta (Partner) who is best suited from highly complex matters. His attention to detail and master chess-like planning allows detailed strategies to be developed from the beginning so nothing can catch him off-guard. Never sweetens the pill but you know from the start what are the realistic expectations and can plan accordingly.’
Kaz Munay Gas International (KMGI)
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
BCR Banca Pentru Locuințe
Government of Romania and the Ministry Of Finance
Toshiba Transmission & Distribution Europe
Romanian Academy (Academia Romana)
Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR), Banca Transilvania, Alpha Bank, First Bank, Etc.
OMNIASIG Vienna Insurance Group
Delta ACM 93
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem
The Centre for Radio Communication Services
Auto Car Companies
- Representing KMG international NV and its affiliated companies in relation to €1.6 billion civil liabilities and commercial claims following an investigation performed by the Romanian authorities (the Public Prosecutor’s Office attached to the High Court of Cassation and Justice).
- Representing Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding before the Romanian Courts in a claim concerning the cancellation of a €1.2 billion military public procurement acquisition of military ships.
- Representing BCR Banca Pentru Locuințe in a RON 1.4 billion dispute with the Court of Accounts, concerning the implementation of the Bauspar system in Romania.
Romania > Employment Tier 2Musat & Asociatii is a popular destination for several of the country’s largest employers, including Google and Amazon. The lawyers are commended for their ‘in depth knowledge of the legal and social environment in Romania‘. Advice ranges from day-to-day matters through to collective dismissals and bargaining negotiations, as well as support on M&A and company reorganisations. Clients appreciate the firm’s ‘customized approach‘ and its lawyers’ ‘availability to support in a lot of tasks in the complicated context of the pandemic’. Key team members include practice head Mihai Popa and senior associates Simona Anton and Dragoș Lungu.
‘People in this company are very valuable and they act in a professional manner with the clients. I always feel respected, promptly replied to and very satisfied with the result.’
‘Knowledge, customized approach to clients, very good understanding of pharma market’
‘In depth knowledge of the legal and social environment in Romania.’
‘The competence of the overall team is great and the availability to support in a lot of tasks in the complicated context of the pandemic has been really appreciated.’
CAF Sisteme Feroviare
Ford Motor Company
- Assisted Google in connection with all employment matters regarding its acquisition of Fitbit.
- Assisted Amazon in relation to a complex transfer of employees as well as a variety of labour-related matters, including health and safety and customised solutions for teleworking.
- Advising Gilead, a pharmaceutical company, in connection with all employment matters regarding the takeover of certain business lines from local companies.
Iulian Popescu; Razvan Stoicescu
‘The team is well organized and client oriented. They deliver professional advice day and night.’
WELLBORE INTEGRITY SOLUTIONS
SOLAR TURBINES EUROPE
KAZ MUNAY GAS INTERNATIONAL ( KMGI)
- Assisting S.P.E.E.H. Hidroelectrica on the acquisition of UCM Reșita, one of the largest industrial manufacturers in Romania.
- Advising Wellbore Integrity Solutions, an affiliate of private equity firm Rhône Capital, in the acquisition of the drilling businesses and associated assets of Schlumberger.
- Advising Solar Turbines Europe on contract negotiations linked to the Moldova Project, a natural gas pipeline between Romania and Moldova.
Paul George Buta
Other key lawyers:
Dan Minoiu; Julieta Sfeclă
‘Very comprehensive in their analysis of any problem, will work with other specializations within the firm to address all angles of an issue. They think and plan according to the real objectives of the business and provide the best advice to achieve those objectives. They know our business and can anticipate our goals and align their advice to our strategy.’
‘Paul Buta is a top IP lawyer, with an academic background, who can provide innovative solutions applying the most recent insights and having a very strategic approach, planning well ahead and thinking about all possible risks. Julieta Sfecla knows all there is to know about trademarks and is very familiar with what is happening in the sector in Romania and in the EU.’
‘Musat & Asocitii have been dealing with an Intellectual Property case quite important for our company for some years most satisfactorily. We were referred to them by another firm and have been a very good choice so far. Beyond the basic capabilities, which they posses them all, I would note their loyalty to clients and their capacity to anticipate any problem and/or situation. When having a litigation process abroad it is always good to know that you’ve got a professional firm dealing on your behalf and making it easy-to-understand.’
‘Paul Buta – Partner, and Julieta Sfecla – Managing Associate: both of them have a high technical and specialised IP law level.’
‘They work with us on very complex matters while being very attentive to details. They have shown great ability in understanding complex and innovative contractual mechanisms that respond to our business objectives. We have found their advice to be comprehensive and their approach to be meticulous. I have particularly liked the fact that they always think not only of what the law provides but also of what the answer of the other party is likely to be. In the numerous calls on the matter, I have found them to be very responsive and always aiming for perfection in their delivery.’
‘I have primarily worked with Paul Buta who we trust has the skills and capacity to handle such complex matters. He was open to understanding the very complicated workings of the project and has provided valuable input throughout. I especially liked that he can think in terms of not only intellectual property, media and advertising law, but also in terms of liability to the business as it is supposed to operate. He is mindful of all risks that can appear and always finds a way to make it happen.’
‘Paul Buta is the coordinator of the IP and competition team and our main point of contact. Paul is a very good lawyer who always provides business-focused solutions in a clear and comprehensive manner, straightforward and consistent with our intentions, which is essential. He has an impressive number of professional achievements in all kinds of IP litigations and has a particularly analytical and strategic thinking, which helps us with complex legal problems on the market. In our opinion, the fact that he is also a professor of law and his experience in all fields of IP and competition make him a great practitioner, an excellent strategist and one of the most valuable lawyers in Romania. Julieta Sfecla is a skilled IP lawyer, highly qualified, with a particular focus on trademarks. Julieta has great legal skills and provides sound and practical legal advice in an efficient and responsive manner. She is dedicated to working on our projects, oriented to finding what is best for the client.
‘I want to mention Paul Buta, who is outstanding at all times. He has an excellent knowledge on intellectual property and a great capacity of synthesizing. Always up to date and open for calls and quick updates.’
SAVE THE CHILDREN ORGANIZATION
- Acting as portfolio manager for Deutsche Telekom’s trademarks in Romania, providing assistance and representation in various proceedings and the extension of the trademark portfolio through new filing applications.
- Representing CDK GLOBAL OY, a leading producer of fleet management software in complex trademark and copyright infringement proceedings against its former licensee.
- Pro bono representation of the Romanian branch of Save The Children Organization against a local association with an identical name.
Other key lawyers:
‘Working with Musat & Asociatii gave me access to this team’s expertise and professionalism. We were the beneficiary of their innovative, successful solutions for insolvency proceedings and refinancing. Their strengths are customer orientation and legal excellence. I had access in 2021 to their high quality services.’
‘I especially appreciated the fact that they anticipate the client’s needs. Mihai Popa and Dana Buscu propose different approaches, successful for the client, thanks to their huge expertise. I always received successful solutions for my complex legal cases. The collaboration with Mihai Popa was very prompt and professional and this makes the difference compared to other law firms in Romania I worked in the past. He demonstrated high flexibility and attention to details. Dana Buscu is a good listener and a very good strategist, always offering the optimal solution.’
Gordian Holdings Limited
BLG Aurum Limited
Chloe Acquisition Consulting
ECE Projektmanagement International
Auto Car Group
HSBC, JP Morgan, RBC, Citibank, Northern Trust, State Street, The Bank of New York Mellon
- Advised Gordian Holdings Limited on implementing in Romania an Interim Order obtained in Cyprus against several limited liability companies.
- Representing RADET București, the largest heating system administrator in Romania in a high-value insolvency dispute filed by Electrocentrale Bucureşti (ELCEN), as principal creditor, against the Municipality of Bucharest whose lack of payment, it is argued, led to RADET’s insolvency.
- Assisting S.P.E.E.H. Hidroelectrica regarding the insolvency of UCM Reșita, and the potential acquisition of its assets.
Romania > Tax Tier 2Musat & Asociatii‘s team of ‘very efficient‘ and ‘really client oriented‘ partners and associates do ‘great work‘ on the tax front. The practice has good expertise advising clients at the international and domestic level. Its comprehensive service includes support on corporate income tax, VAT and transfer pricing issues. The team works closely with colleagues in the firm’s active corporate department to assist with the tax treatment of cross-border transactions. Equally, the firm’s highly-rated disputes team is on hand for contentious issues. Practice co-heads Razvan Graure and Angela Porumb respectively handle non-contentious and contentious matters.
Răzvan Graure; Angela Porumb
‘I think one of their strengths is working as a team and focusing on solutions. They really listen to the client and understand its need and use their team to make a strategy to address the need. They really do great work.’
‘The people we have interacted with are really client oriented, both partners and associates, and very efficient. Having worked with other lawyers before I can say without hesitation that the people from Musat & Asociatii have impressed me.’
Agentia Servicii Professional
Gilead Sciences Europe
- Advising Amazon on extending and restructuring its local presence in Romania, regarding tax incentives for local employees, including drafting the relevant documentation.
- Advising Limagrain, an international agricultural co-operative group, specialized in field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products, with respect to various tax matters regarding the restructuring of its business in Romania.
- Assisting Kaufland Romania, one of the largest retail companies in Romania, in relation to a tax auditing process with respect to corporate income tax and VAT.
Romania > TMT Tier 2Musat & Asociatii is recommended for its full service TMT offering. The firm represents several high profile clients operating in the telecoms and technology markets, including Facebook and Verizon. The practice is especially active on the regulatory front for its telecoms clients, and also provides good support on transactional and contentious issues. Deputy managing partner Iulian Popescu leads the team, which is noted for its ‘total availability and ease of communication‘. Corporate partner Razvan Stoicescu is also singled out for praise, while associate Ana Maria Abrudan has a broad understanding of technology-related matters, including e-commerce and software development and licensing.
‘As there are multi specialised teams dealing with the issues, it is possible to have a full view and discussions about different topics.’
‘An extreme commitment to legal aspects and practice in the country. Total availability and ease of communication.’
‘Musat’s TMT team is well seasoned and time standing. Working with them I come to realize the value added holistic advice they provide whilst handling complex technical and regulatory mandates.’
‘The capability to answer to all the parameters required by our company.’
‘Availability, flexibility and good reactions.’
‘Razvan Stoicescu has a great team of young and inspired lawyers. He manages them well and also is able to allocate associate resources adequately to client’s needs.’
‘Ana Maria Abrudan is our point of contact. She has a solid understanding of the Romanian telecoms market. Combining legal skills with a solid understanding of the client’s business model is key to success.’
TELECOM ITALIA SPARKLE
OVIDIUS CLINICAL HOSPITAL
FUTURE HEALTHCARE ROMANIA
MAGNETI MARELLI AUTOMOTIVE CLUJ
- Advising Verizon on various telecom matters, including representing the client before the National Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM).
- Advising Telekom Italia Sparkle, a global telecommunications company, on various telecom matters.
- Advising Facebook on EU and regulatory matters.
Romania > EU and competition Tier 3Musat & Asociatii handles a broad range of competition and antitrust matters on behalf of clients. The firm is especially active on the contentious side, regularly representing clients before the courts and the Romanian Competition Authority, including support on abuse of dominance and cartel investigations. The team has good experience of merger control and state aid matters, and also offers risk management advice and training. The practice is headed by the versatile litigator Paul George Buta , who is also active on the intellectual property side. Other key lawyers include Dan Minoiu and managing associate Manuela Lupeanu.
‘Paul Buta is very meticulous and strategic in his analysis, always available and on-top of all facets of the matter. He knows both the law and the facts inside-out and is always evaluating improving our position. Manuela Lupeanu is very knowledgeable of all matters competition law, both in EU and Romania and taps into the latest developments to provide innovative advice.’
‘The competition team involved in our project (complex litigation file) proved a high level of competence and a great ability to present the arguments in a very well structured, clear and logic manner, without compromising on the quality of arguments, which is very difficult to achieve (especially in competition law related litigations) but very important in order to ensure that the arguments are easily followed and properly understood.’
Damen Shipyards Group
Cluj Avram Iancu International Airport
- Lead legal counsel for the weapons manufacturer Sig Sauer GMBH & Co. KG, in an antitrust investigation and court proceedings regarding alleged bid rigging in certain tender procedures organised by the Ministry of National Defence.
- Advising Cluj Avram Iancu International Airport, concerning an investigation for abuse of dominance in the ground handling market at airports.
- Assisting Electrolux with assessments regarding its distribution framework and relations with downstream service and products suppliers and clients, as well as advertising and marketing initiatives in Romania.
Other key lawyers:
Andra Mihalache; Mădălina Trifan
‘On line contact is useful. Excellent communication and advise from Monia Dobrescu.’
MK Group Ltd
EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development)
- Advised Kaufland in connection with various real estate acquisitions in Romania during its expansion process.
- Advised Adesgo in connection with the sale of Adesgo factory and surrounding land.
- Advised EBRD on real estate matters relating to a multimillion facility granted to TeraPlast Group, an important construction materials manufacturer, with the purpose of refinancing outstanding balance of historical loans or intra-group loans.
Romania > White-collar crime Tier 3Musat & Asociatii retails a solid white collar crime practice despite the departure of litigation partner Gheorghe Buta, while criminal law expert Liviu Togan left to establish his own practice and works with the firm on a case-by-case basis. Gheorghe Musat now leads the team with a strong cadre of associates, including the ‘trustworthy, reliable, experienced, knowledgeable and hard working‘ Ștefan Diaconescu. Litigation partner Cosmin Libotean is also active in this area. The firm handles a wide range of cases and represents corporate clients and individuals in investigations and during related court proceedings. Further support is provided on internal investigations and tax, regulatory and compliance issues.
Gheorghe Muşat; Cosmin Libotean
Other key lawyers:
Alexandru Terța; Ștefan Diaconescu
‘They are trustworthy, reliable and experienced. An old company who is always there for you no matter how long is your litigation. I work with Stefan Diaconescu and he is a trustworthy, reliable, experienced, knowledgeable and hard working lawyer.’
‘The white-collar crime team from Musat & Asociatii really stands out due to their quality, their direct approach to problem solving and the level of their commitment. Stefan Diaconescu is one of the most remarkable criminal defense attorneys we have collaborated with, having the ability to achieve amazing results in highly complex criminal cases. His drafting skills and ability to be calm under any circumstances makes him our go-to lawyer in criminal cases.’
Profi Rom Food
MHS Truck & Bus
- Advising and representing Rompetrol Rafinare (including the companies within the KMGI group), in its defence in a white-collar related case.
- Representing Leoni and its Romanian subsidiary, a leading global supplier of wires, cables and wiring systems, in relation to an IT fraud investigation across multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisting and representing Engie Romania, in several criminal cases and damages claims involving gas explosions and other incidents.
Musat & Asociatii > Firm Profile
The firm: Muşat & Asociaţii is a leading, full-service Romanian law firm, advising leading national and international companies alike, as well as governmental authorities and agencies, financial institutions and investment funds. Over 2,500 high-profile clients benefit from top-notch legal expertise and extensive resources, provided via 17 partners and over 100 dedicated attorneys. Muşat & Asociaţii is a pioneer in the business law industry and one of the first established law firms in the country, tracing its history back 30 years.
Areas of practice
M&A/privatisations: acting on complex cross-border transactions and on a full range of deal structures.
Clients: Penta Investments, Spectrum Brands, DAMEN Shipyards Mangalia, Sterling Resources, Enel Group, SabMiller, GDF Suez, Abbott, CRH Ireland.
Corporate and commercial: structuring and negotiating complex secured and unsecured transactions.
Clients: Amazon, Google, Facebook, Emerson, Dell, Nokia, Penta Investments, Premier Capital.
Litigation and arbitration: the full spectrum of representation, from lower courts to the High Court of Cassation and Justice and the Constitutional Court.
Clients: FirstBank, Kaufland, Enel, Thyssen Krupp, Roche, Abbott, Oracle, Eli Lilly, Colas, Trigranit, GDF Suez, Panalpina, KMG International, Copisa Constructora Pirenaica.
Real estate and construction: advises on the acquisition of land, construction and maintenance, permitting aspects, residential, office and commercial projects, as well as mixed-use scheme developments and asset management work.
Clients: Brookfield, Adesgo, Novares, Teconnex, CRH, Intercora, Kaufland, Buck Consultants, Trigranit, ING Real Estate, Sogeprom, Daimler, Grupo Lar, CAF, Italferr, European Investment Bank.
Energy and natural resources: experienced in encompassing energy trading, generation, distribution, transmission and supply licensing, emissions trading and renewable energy and environmental legal aspects related.
Clients: ENGIE (ex-GDF Suez), Electrica Furnizare, Repower, Nereo GreenCapital, Electromagnetica, Wellbore Integrity Solutions, Kraftanlagen Romania, Omya Calcita.
Infrastructure and PPP/public procurement: assists clients in public tenders, property finance and leasing, concession of public assets and services, drafting and negotiating PPPs and concession agreements, feasibility studies.
Clients: Solar Turbines, CCCC, Harris Corporation, Elbit, Sutech, CAF, European Investment Bank.
Banking and finance: advises on syndicated loans; structured, acquisition, asset and project finance; securitisation.
Clients: EBRD, PPF Banka, Unicredit, Citi, Raiffeisen, BRD Societe Generale, Ciech S.A., European Investment Fund, Barclays PLC, Nokia, Alcatel- Lucent, Novares, Alior Bank, Google Cloud Platforms, Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC.
Capital markets: handles transactions involving publicly held companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange.
Clients: Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, HSBC, JP Morgan, Citibank, Northern Trust, The Bank of New York Mellon (members of the Global Custodian Association), Barclays PLC, Romanian Financial Supervisory Authority, UBS, Swiss Capital, BT Securities, Citi, Raiffeisen, Société Générale.
Telecom, IT and media: advises in all areas of communications, broadcasting, E-commerce, internet services, software development and licensing, infrastructure and equipment finance.
Clients: Verizon, Porsche, Disney, Sony, Google, Apple, Intel, Intact Media, AT&T, Amazon.
Competition and antitrust: legal assistance in all stages of antitrust proceedings and investigations carried out at national and EU level, concerning both cartel-type behavior and alleged abuses of dominant position.
Clients: Daimler, Orange, Roche, McCann Erickson, Eli Lilly, SAB Miller, Servier, Rewe Romania, L’Oréal Romania.
Restructuring and insolvency: covers pharmaceuticals, real estate, oil and gas, maritime technology, transportation, and constructions.
Clients: First Bank S.A., APS Holding, Aegean Airlines S.A., Damen Shipyards Group, Termoelectrica, Sermedic.
Taxation: advises on structuring in a wide range of corporate and financial transactions and fiscal matters. Clients: Amazon, Emerson, Servier, SabMiller, Sermedic, Universal Music.
Healthcare: counsels on M&A, restructurings and reorganisations, regulatory, competition and compliance related advisory work.
Clients: Eli Lilly, Servier, Abbott, Lundbeck, Novartis, Astellas Pharma.
IP: experienced in acquisition, development, implementation, enforcement, licensing and other exploitation of IP rights, as well as in patent, trademark, and copyright regulatory matters.
Clients: Deutsche Telekom, ZTE, L’Oreal, Blue Air, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals, Apple.
Transport: advises on trade and transport of goods by sea, road and air, such as sale/purchase, charter, cargo insurance, recovery, arrest, execution, cargo, and freight claims.
Clients: CAF, Tip Trailer, China Gezhouba, Aerovista.
|Banking and finance||Monia Dobrescuemail@example.com|
|Banking and finance||Razvan Stoicescufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Real estate and construction||Monia Dobrescuemail@example.com|
|Corporate and commercial||Gheorghe Mușatfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Corporate and commercial||Razvan Stoicescuemail@example.com|
|Corporate and commercial||Iulian Popescufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Telecoms, IT and media||Iulian Popescuemail@example.com|
|Competition and antitrust||Paul Butafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shipping, aviation and transport||Iulian Popescuemail@example.com|
|Intellectual property||Paul Butafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dispute resolution||Gheorghe Musatemail@example.com|
|Dispute resolution||Paul Butafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dispute resolution||Iulian Popescuemail@example.com|
|Energy and natural resources/environment||Răzvan Stoicescufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Energy and natural resources/environment||Iulian Popescuemail@example.com|
|Infrastructure and PPP/public procurement||Iulian Popescufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Capital markets and securities||Razvan Stoicescuemail@example.com|
|Labour and employee benefits||Mihai Popafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Healthcare and pharmaceuticals||Paul Butaemail@example.com|
|Restructuring and insolvency||Mihai Popafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Restructuring and insolvency||Razvan Stoicescuemail@example.com|
|Paul George Buta||Managing Partner. Mr. Paul Buta, Ph.D. in Law and Assistant Professor at…||View Profile|
|Monia Dobrescu||Partner. Monia is particularly qualified in Banking & Finance. She assisted major…||View Profile|
|Razvan Graure||Tax Partner. Răzvan Graure regularly advises companies on both local and international…||View Profile|
|Iuliana Iacob||Partner. Iuliana focuses her practice on domestic and international arbitration, public and…||View Profile|
|Cosmin Libotean||Partner. Cosmin Libotean has a 15 years track record of acting as a…||View Profile|
|Andra Mihalache||Partner. Andra has a well-earned reputation for successfully representing clients in complex…||View Profile|
|Dan Minoiu||Partner. Dan Minoiu has over 14 years of experience advising clients active…||View Profile|
|Mona Musat||Partner. Ms. Mona Muşat has a diverse legal background in corporate finance…||View Profile|
|Gheorghe Musat||Senior Partner. Mr. Muşat has a wealth of experience of foreign investors’…||View Profile|
|Andrei Ormenean||Partner. Andrei Ormenean has a significant experience in the field of corporate…||View Profile|
|Mihai Popa||Deputy Managing Partner. Mihai Popa has been advising clients for more than 15…||View Profile|
|Iulian Popescu||Deputy Managing Partner. Iulian Popescu specializes in all aspects of Corporate &…||View Profile|
|Angela Porumb (Mare)||Partner. Angela Porumb is a well-reputed litigator, who has been covering a…||View Profile|
|Razvan Stoicescu||Deputy Managing Partner. Razvan Stoicescu has been acting as a transactional lawyer…||View Profile|
|Alexandru Terța||Partner. Alexandru Terța has over 17 years of experience representing national and international…||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 100+
LanguagesEnglish French German Italian Romanian
OtherContacts : Mr Gheorghe Mușat (Senior Partner) Contacts : Mr Paul Buta (Managing Partner) Contacts : Mr Iulian Popescu (Deputy Managing Partner) Contacts : Mr Răzvan Stoicescu (Deputy Managing Partner) Cotacts : Mr Mihai Popa (Deputy Managing Partner) Other offices : Brașov
Hot topic in future real estate investments: Romania’s assistance plan for market sectorsIn its assessment on recovery and resilience plans, the European Commission allocated to Romania a pre-financing instalment amounting to €1.85bn for implementing its National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP) that has to comply with the criteria set out by the Commission. The Romanian government and the competent authorities are keen to ensure the timely implementation …
EPPO regulation in Romania: a new chapter in criminal investigations of fraud with EU fundsThis article highlights the essential role that the European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO) will play in criminal investigations aimed at preventing and sanctioning individuals and/or legal entities who perpetrate crimes against the financial interests of the European Union (EU), as well as the competence of the European prosecutors delegated to perform criminal investigation activities in …
- PPP and procurement
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- Intellectual property
- Restructuring and insolvency