Azizov & Partners > Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan > Firm Profile
Azizov & Partners Offices
19 KORGALZHYN HIGHWAY
"KORGALZHYN" BUSINESS CENTRE, RM. 405A
Azizov & Partners > The Legal 500 Rankings
Uzbekistan > Leading firms Tier 1
Azizov & Partners > Firm Profile
The firm: Azizov & Partners was formed in December 2002. In 2017, Azizov & Partners opened an office in Kazakhstan, Ms Botagoz Omarova heads the office in Nur-Sultan.
Its practice extends to advising on petrochemical, energy and mining, banking and finance, M&A and intellectual property. The firm has strong transactional, corporate, litigation and regulatory specialists with sector-specific expertise in advising all types of sector clients with understanding of the local mentality of doing business. The experience of the team includes acting for the Government authorities, private sector companies, international and local investors.
Areas of practice: The firm is experienced in representing overseas and local corporate clients and advising in complex transactions and high-value project financing, as well as in serving small-size new entrants in all the principal areas of commercial law that are in demand in Kazakhstan including:
- Banking and finance: The firm helps clients access and invest new sources of capital, develop and use financial products, structure financing transactions, comply with regulations, respond to investigations and resolve disputes.
- Project finance: Azizov & Partners structuring the PPP scheme, determining most effective implementation schemes, negotiations with state authorities; legal due diligence; drafting and harmonization of agreements including PPP contracts and concession agreements.
- Mergers, acquisitions and takeovers: Azizov & Partners advise clients and international law firms on complex Kazakhstan and cross-border deals. The firm provides full range of services from due diligence and vendor assistance to full M&A legal support.
- Petrochemical, energy and mining: The firm’s comprehensive gas, oil and mining industry specific expertise includes advising on project development, investment agreements, product enhancement contracts, product sharing agreements, project management contracts and project finance; oil and gas transactions, drilling, sales and marketing agreements, licensing, certification, environmental and sanitary compliance, registration of property, taxation and other regulatory issues.
- Corporate and commercial vehicles: The firm advises clients on corporate governance and corporate law matters including incorporation, issuance and transfer of shares, regulatory compliance, information disclosure, internal corporate procedures, re-organizations and liquidations.
- Commercial contracts: The firm provides legal advice on Kazakhstan law to clients in structuring and documenting relationships with business partners, suppliers or customers, to advise on business law, including insurance.
- Employment: The firm advises on contracts, workplace relations, including salaries and bonus plans, leaves, discrimination, medical examination, benefits and corporate governance issues, and redundancy.
- Disputes and litigation: Representing in courts; protection against illegal takeover; pretrial dispute settlement; representation in arbitration proceedings; legal support during enforcement proceedings; enforcement of court acts and arbitral awards; injunctive relief measures in foreign arbitrage proceedings; legal due diligence including internal investigations.
- Intellectual property: Lawyers of Azizov & Partners identify, protect and help commercialize IP in the most highly developed markets. The practice includes pre-trial protection of intellectual property rights, registration of intellectual property rights,the representation of clients in civil and administrative courts of various levels, including the Supreme Court.
|Mergers and acquisitions | Corporate law and commercial vehicles | Project finance | Banking | Energy and mining | Litigation | Contracts | Employment |
|Ms. Botagoz Omarova (Director)
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers: : 5 (including 3 licensed lawyers) in this country: : 2 lawyers
LanguagesEnglish Russian Kazakh
MembershipsKazakhstan Bar Association
Azizov & Partners believes that personnel is one of the core values and creates the most comfortable conditions for each employee. Among the company’s employees a friendly atmosphere reigns, traditions, interests and cultural particularities of each employee are respected. Creating such an atmosphere and a culture of teamwork allows each of the employees to fully realize abilities and unleash their potential. Azizov & Partners values, protects and respects all its employees, with no regard on gender, position, religion, nationality, age, education, etc. We endeavour to create an atmosphere in which each employee can be herself/himself, which contributes to the productive and effective performance of job duties. We create equal working conditions for all employees, starting from the process of selecting candidates, conducting interviews and organizing job places.
In our company, we provide opportunities for internships for university final year students; we are trying to foster an interest in the legal profession and to discover each trainees’ talents.
CLIENT: Mr. Otabek Majidov
COMPANY/FIRM: Head of finance, Berlin-Chemie AG Representation Office in Uzbekistan
TESTIMONIAL: Azizov and Partners has been supporting our Representation Office in various legal aspects for more than 10 years. The lawyers have a solid understanding of Uzbekistan and international laws and can provide an in-depth analysis and recommendations in any legal aspect that might be of interest to our Office. The professionalism of the team, its passion to achieve high results makes this firm to stand out from the crowd.
CLIENT: Mrs. Irina Voronova
COMPANY/FIRM: Finance director, Member of the Board, Bohnenkamp SIA
TESTIMONIAL: We do value our cooperation with Azizov & Partners as they always promptly react to our requests and revert with professional and accomplished feedback. The lawyers are knowledgeable and understand client’s business needs. We were satisfied with the team’s performance in Uzbekistan and expanded our cooperation to Kazakhstan too.
CLIENT: Dr. Toylan Senel
COMPANY/FIRM: Attorney at Law, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
TESTIMONIAL: I have been intensively working with Azizov & Partners for about a year and a half, and during this period, I found their service highly professional and their responses extremely prompt. As a firm, they have a proven ability and capacity to manage complex cases.
CLIENT: Mr. Petros Tsakanyan
COMPANY/FIRM: In-house Legal Counsel, KAZZINC
TESTIMONIAL: We are consulted by the firm’s offices both in Astana and Tashkent as well. Azizov & Partners really treats the legal aspects of our business with the same level of care and attention as if it were their own. We are always sure that the work is done at the highest level, since the lawyers are client focused, scrupulous and fully immersed in work in order to find the best solution to each matter. We believe that this company is one of the best in the sphere of mining law.
CLIENT: Mr. Daler Rakhimbayev
COMPANY/FIRM: In-house Legal Counsel, LUKOIL Uzbekistan Operating Company LLC
TESTIMONIAL: Azizov & Partners provides professional and timely feedback. The quality and the result of services they provide are in line with our expectations from a top-tier law firm.
CLIENT: Mr. Maksim Klimov
COMPANY/FIRM: Senior Manager of “Development Projects” Block, VEB.RF
TESTIMONIAL: Azizov & Partners’ team helped us to successfully close our projects and to minimize our exposure to legal and compliance risks. They are truly committed to their profession.
- Uzbekistan > Leading firms