Uexküll & Stolberg > Hamburg, Germany > Firm Profile
Uexküll & Stolberg Offices
Uexküll & Stolberg > The Legal 500 RankingsUexküll & Stolberg, with offices in Hamburg and Munich, is particularly well versed in opposition and appeal proceedings, both before the DPMA and the EPO. Nullity and infringement proceedings are also part of the advisory offering. The team around management trio Peter Franck (head of the chemicals practice group), Bernd Janssen (head of the technology practice group) and Albrecht von Menges (head of the biotechnology practice group) also regularly advise on international proceedings. The longstanding and ongoing instructions by numerous US pharmaceutical giants and other Fortune 500 corporations stand out in particular.
Bristol-Myers-Squibb / Pfizer
Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Representing the Bristol-Myers-Squibb / Pfizer alliance in several opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office (EPO) against up to eleven opponents.
- Representing BIG BEN, a manufacturer of accessories for video game consoles, before the Federal Court of Justice in nullity proceedings against Nintendo.
- Representing Ivoclar Vivadent AG in opposition proceedings against a patent held by 3M Innovative Properties Company.
Other key lawyers:
‘Profound knowledge of the subject. Excellent project work.’
‘ André Guder: Technically excellent – in the field the proven expert. Fast, thorough and very well read. Efficient. Excellent network. ‘
Johnson & Johnson
Ferring Arzneimittel GmbH
Amcol Intern. Corporation
Big Ben SA
ABB K. K.
Chinese University of Hong Kong
W. R. Grace & Co.
TuTech Innovation Hamburg
Heitkamp & Thumann KG
- Advising ExxonMobil on the drafting of European and international patent applications as well as regular representation in patent granting and opposition proceedings before the EPO.
- Representing Monsanto/Bayer in patent grant and opposition proceedings before the EPO.
- Regular representation of Ivoclar Vivadent AG in patent grant proceedings and opposition proceedings before the EPO as well as advice on conducting patent infringement proceedings.
‘An outstanding law firm among the IP practices in Germany. Highly professional team that is fun to work with. Targeted and at the highest level all around.’
‘We can recommend Alexander Thünken for trademark law in Germany and the EU. He is very professional, very knowledgeable and client oriented in every way. ‘
‘The team is very responsive and cost effective. Alexander Thünken replies quickly and is a pleasure to work with.’
‘Frank Dettmann is an excellent expert in trademark law .’
‘Uexküll & Stolberg, including Alexander Thünken and his team, are true specialists with a wealth of experience and we would not hesitate to recommend them. They have a pragmatic and business-oriented consulting approach and offer a high level of service.’
Tiffany & Company
KYMCO or Kwang Yang Motor Co, Ltd
Mary Kay Inc.
Dr. Wolff Gruppe
Duracell Batteries BVBA
AXXO Im- und Export GmbH
Roots Corporation, Toronto Kanada
W.R. Grace & Co.-Conn.
GeVeMa GmbH (Kleiner Feigling)
J. J. Darboven
Behn Getränke GmbH (GeVeMa)
Kalorimeta GmbH (Kalo)
- Successful advice and representation of JJ Darboven before the European Court of Justice against the EUIPO due to the refusal of registration of the trademark/the word mark WINDSOR-CASTLE.
- Advising and representing the US multi-level marketing company Mary Kay Inc. on German trademark applications, availability searches and strategic advice on trademark law.
- Advice and representation of Dr.Wolff Group in the registration of trademarks worldwide, mostly via international IR trademarks, including the implementation of opposition and cancellation proceedings and support of legal proceedings for and against the Dr. Wolff Group in different countries.
Uexküll & Stolberg > Firm Profile
|Patents and licensing – chemistry||Dr Peter Franck|
|Patents and licensing – chemistry||Dr Ulrich-Maria Gross|
|Patents and licensing – biotechnology||Dr Albrecht von Menges|
|Patents and licensing – biotechnology||Dr André Guder|
|Patents and licensing – medical and electrical engineering||Dr Johannes Ahme|
|Patents and licensing – pharmaceuticals industry||Dr Ulrich-Maria Gross|
|Patents and licensing – pharmaceuticals industry||Dr Heinz-Peter Muth|
|Trade marks||Dr Frank Dettmann|
|Design registration||Dr Johannes Ahme|
|Unfair competition||Dr Frank Dettmann|