DSM Avocats à la Cour > Luxembourg, Luxembourg > Firm Profile
DSM Avocats à la Cour Offices
55-57 RUE DE MERL
BP 2648, 1026 LUXEMBOURG
DSM Avocats à la Cour > The Legal 500 RankingsDSM Avocats à la Cour and this is demonstrated in its ability to provide an ‘efficient and pragmatic’ service to a range of stakeholders, including developers, investors, brokers and family offices. Team head Mario Di Stefano is pivotal to the success of the practice in light of his broad expertise, which covers work throughout the life cycle of a real estate project, including acquisition of the land, advice on zoning/environmental issues, lease negotiations and divestment of the property. Renaud Le Squeren is also a key contact and excels in advising on projects underpinned by sophisticated financing mechanisms including securitization vehicles.
Other key lawyers:
‘It is an efficient, pragmatic and competent team.’
‘As a leading surety provider in Benelux for real estate and construction companies we appreciate the firm’s in-depth knowledge of the industry.’
‘Mario di Stefano often says “no” to us, which means he really assist us to avoid making mistakes. He assisted us in very complex matter linked to large real estate transactions involving international banks and a listed real estate developer.’
Rizzani de Eccher
IKO Real Estate
Guy Rollinger Group
- Representing Rizzani de Eccher, an Italian general contractor, in relation to the recently opened mixed-use Cloche d’or Shopping Center and residential Zenith Towers located in the new Cloche d’Or neighborhood.
- Advising Benelux-focused real estate group, ICN Group, across a range of real estate matters, including on development, construction and leasing contracts, and real estate acquisitions.
- Advising EuroCaution, a broker specialising in financial guarantees and securities, across a broad range of legal matters mostly related to real estate, from the negotiation and conclusion of complex transactions to legal representation before Luxembourg courts when necessary or with respect to construction sites when a completion bond (garantie d’achèvement) has been called.
Other key lawyers:
‘They are business savvy and also understand what it is like to work with other law firms (acting as lead counsel).’
‘They understand the commercial issues/realities and can advise me on what really matters.’
‘They are good at helping with strategic planning in cross-border litigation.’
Rizzani de Eccher
- Assisting a major bank in Luxembourg, which granted a loan to a foreign company, with the reimbursement of the loan.
- Successfully represented a public institution in a fee dispute suit involving a provider of architectural services.
- Advising a construction group in a case regarding recuperation of VAT. The plaintiff is a German company.
‘It is very reliable in terms of legal skills and cost efficiency.’
‘The team is highly responsive and provides expertise across a wide range of competencies.’
‘The availability of partners is outstanding and the trickle down effect on associates seamless and efficient.’
‘It is a smaller law firm but for Luxembourg they have real experience working for international clients. They are very responsive and give excellent advice. It is one of the firms I work with in Luxembourg.’
‘Renaud Le Squeren: smart mind, shows great experience in leading transactions, always very responsive and friendly.’
‘Renaud Le Squeren is not only a consummate professional and an excellent lawyer, but also a profoundly human character who has an almost uncanny talent for understanding very specific situations instantly and putting them in their broader context at once, which results in perfect and actionable counsel.’
‘Mario Di Stefano is someone I enjoy working with. He has a lot of experience and is a very pragmatic person.’
‘Mario Di Stefano is a very serious and competent lawyer and has a very deep knowledge in the sector of company law and M&A. Moreover, he has a great ethical sense, great flexibility, promptness in offering answers and collaborative spirit.’
Vantage Data Centers
International Chemical Investors Group
IKO Real Estate
Guy ROLLINGER Group
- Assisting Vantage Data Centers, an American group providing data centre solutions, with group restructuring transactions in EMEA, financing, management needs on a day-to-day basis, as well as in the context of all Luxembourg-related transactions.
- Assisted International Chemical Investors Group in a corporate restructuring involving Luxembourg entities of the group, as well as large-scale financing transactions.
- Advising PM International, a large German family-owned business on its Luxembourg matters, including advice relating to customer contracts and general corporate governance.
|Mr Jérôme Bach||Partner – Avocat à la Cour||View Profile|
|Mr Alban Colson||Partner – Avocat à la Cour||View Profile|
|Mr Mario Di Stefano||Managing Partner – Avocat à la Cour and Rechtsanwalt||View Profile|
|Ms Marie-Paule Gillen||Partner – Avocat à la Cour||View Profile|
|Mr Renaud Le Squeren||Partner – Avocat à la Cour||View Profile|
|Dr Alex PHAM||Partner Tax – Avocat à la Cour||View Profile|
As a member of IMS Luxembourg (Inspiring More Sustainability) since January of 2020 and signatory of the Diversity Charter since 2015, our firm is committed to the environment and social justice, to which our recent actions in sustainable development, the training of young people, diversity, legal sponsoring as well as the promoting of a healthy work environment attest.
- Renaud LE SQUEREN spoke at the Diversity Network organised by IMS Luxembourg – September 2022
- Guided tour of the Luxembourg National Art History Museum “Luxembourg’s colonial past” exhibit
- DSM Avocats à la Cour sponsors UIA event against violence in the DRC
- Diversity Day Luxembourg 2022
- Marie-Paule GILLEN participated in CSR roundtable during the Business Events Days
- Sports sponsoring: DSM Avocats à la Cour is a partner with Mondorf-les-Bains football team playing Luxembourg’s top league, USM Union Sportive Mondorf, and the Red-Boys Differdange women’s handball team
- New guide on the inclusion of transgender persons in the workplace with Vanessa LOMORO’s participation – January 2022
- Donation for Lëtzebuerger Déierenasyl – December 2021
DSM Avocats à la Cour is certified “Great Place To Work 2021/2022”
This certification distinguishes the best organizations that consistently seek to improve their employee experience and recognizes DSM’s commitment to building and maintaining a high-trust culture.
DSM Avocats à la Cour has long been a member of several major international legal networks allowing us to partner with more than 590 top quality independent law firms around the world with expertise in a multitude of practice areas.
We maintain a close relationship with them and can count on their prompt support abroad at any time.
Given that our international counterpart firms are independent law firms as we are, they provide us a wide selection of alternatives from which to choose.
Capital markets: Structured finance and securitisation
“They are always available and reliable.”
Bank lending: Borrower side
“Quick, pragmatic and solution oriented.”
Investment funds: Real estate funds
“Very proactive and solution-driven.”
“Very quick, reliable and solution-oriented.”
“Mario Di Stefano is a very serious and competent lawyer and has a very deep knowledge in the sector of company law and M&A. Moreover, he has a great ethical sense, great flexibility, promptness in offering answers and collaborative spirit”
“‘Renaud Le Squeren: smart mind, shows great experience in leading transactions, always very responsive and friendly”
Project development: Infrastructure
“The experience and expertise of the firm’s team is unrivalled, and the quality of the work is superb. They are obviously highly knowledgeable in real estate matters and they give us reliable and sound advice.”
“DSM Avocats à la Cour is fast and reliable and goes straight to the point.”
“It is an efficient, pragmatic and competent team.”
“Alex Pham singled himself out by providing in a characteristically low-key demeanor an incredibly sharp and detailed legal advice”
“They understand the commercial issues/realities and can advise me on what really matters”