Nagy és Trócsányi Ügyvédi Iroda > Budapest, Hungary > Firm Profile
Nagy és Trócsányi Ügyvédi Iroda Offices
UGOCSA U 4/B
Nagy és Trócsányi Ügyvédi Iroda > The Legal 500 Rankings
Hungary > Dispute resolution Tier 1Péter Nagy, who chairs the dispute resolution practice at Nagy és Trócsányi Ügyvédi Iroda, has experience of representing leading domestic and multinational corporates in high-profile litigation and arbitration. He has developed a specialisation in banking and finance disputes, and those involving tax considerations. Fellow tax litigator, Orsolya Kovács likewise has ‘solid experience in this field’. ‘Very reliable’ banking and commercial litigator György Kiszely is another top lawyer at the firm.
Other key lawyers:
Orsolya Kovács; György Kiszely
‘This is a law firm prepared for complex cases, with enough number of staff necessary to deal with long and complicated projects. They have long experience not only in Hungary but internationally, too.’
‘Péter Nagy has a long and wide experience not only in
but also in contract development, national and international legal issues. He is very reliable, always available for discussions. He has a very well structured thinking with extremely wide range of experience. He is open for new ideas and very good leader of his team.’
‘Balázs Karsai, is very precise and really good not only in argumentation but also in writing. He is very reliable, responds to oral or written questions rapidly. He is excellent in processing large documentations.’
‘Our legal case requires special expertise, that the law firm posses. They have great experience with EU Law practice.’
‘Orsolya Kovács has several years of experience regarding the tax rules. She is very kind, polite and have solid experience in this field of area.’
‘Peter Nagy, partner: general appearance and proper argumentations at court, reaching out to the proper understanding of the judge’
Hungarian Ministry of Justice
MNV (Hungarian National Asset Management Inc.)
Hungarian State (Ministry of National Development)
Metropolitan Tribunal of Budapest
Heerema Engineering Services
- Represented Heerema Engineering Services B.V of the Heerema Group in a Pauliana litigation against another offshore services provider, the case is currently pending before a Hungarian court. The claim arises from patent infringement and exceeding $100m.
- Won a HUF 14bn case for the Hungarian subsidiary of Kedrion S.p.A. against a Hungarian government entity. Upon request for supervision of the government the case is pending before the Kúria, the Hungarian supreme court.
- Representing the Government of Hungary, an intervenor, in the twin atomic energy cases, both Austria v. Commission, one pending before the ECJ, the other before the Regular Court.
Hungary > Tax Tier 1Nagy és Trócsányi Ügyvédi Iroda excels in acting for local and international corporates in complex tax disputes before the Hungarian tax authority and domestic courts. It is also highly reputed for tax structuring and planning, as well as transactional tax structuring. In addition to generating work from clients on a standalone basis, the firm attracts referrals through its membership of the Lex Mundi network and longstanding relationship with KPMG Hungary. The key partners are Péter Nagy and Orsolya Kovács.
Orsolya Kovács; Péter Nagy
‘Péter Nagy – He has a vast breadth of professional experience in tax advice, as well as top litigation skills. He is our go-to our lawyer.’
‘Orsolya Kovács – Her main areas of expertise are in tax structuring and tax disputes. She is thoroughly knowledgeable and has a lot of experience drafting documents, precisely to what the client needs.’
‘Orsolya Kovács was the partner on our engagement. She has several years of experience in tax litigation and local tax rules. She is very kind, polite and has solid experience in this field.’
‘Proactive team with the ability to explain the situation at a non-legal level.’
- Advising a Hungarian food retail chain in connection with VAT issues and the firm is also representing it in tax litigation.
György Kiszely; Zoltan Varga
- Assisting the Hungarian subsidiary of Raiffeisen Zentralbank Österreich AG (the 4th biggest bank in Hungary) with regulatory advice and representation towards the local regulator.
- Advised Sberbank Magyarország Zrt. in connection with loan collateral enforcement issues related to a potential collateral restructuring. Advised the bank on the legal requirements relating to the legal effectiveness of global security assumed by private individuals qualified as consumers. Also advised on potential credit risk transfer with funded or unfunded risk participation instruments in relation to non-performing loans.
‘They are very competent in the corporate legal tasks not only in the Hungarian legislation but the international law as well. They deploy experts in many fields of legal knowledge including atypical corporate and commercial questions. They are always available and approachable for any legal tasks.’
N.I.E.R. Stanz- und Umformtechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- Advised and represented the DDB Budapest in a transaction in which DHE REGIONAL LIMITED sold 100% of its stake in DDB Budapest Kft. to Hannes Wirnsberger, managing director of DDB Budapest Kft.
- Advised N.I.E.R. Stanz- und Umformtechnik GmbH & Co in its acquisition of 99% of its stake in WGS Holding GmbH, and the remaining 1% of stake sold to Alexandra Vollmann-Müller, a private investor.
Nagy és Trócsányi Ügyvédi Iroda > Firm Profile
The firm: Nagy és Trócsányi was founded in 1991, turned into a limited professional partnership (in Hungarian: ügyvédi iroda) in 1992, with the aim of offering sophisticated legal services. The firm continues to seek excellence in a comprehensive and modern practice, which spans international commercial and business law. The firm’s lawyers provide clients with advice and representation in an active, thoughtful and ethical manner, with a real understanding of clients‘ business needs and the markets in which they operate.
The firm is one of the largest home-grown independent law firms in Hungary.
Nagy és Trócsányi is a legal entity and registered with the Budapest Bar Association.
All lawyers of the Budapest office are either members of, or registered as clerks with, the Budapest Bar Association. Several of the firm’s lawyers are admitted attorneys or registered as legal consultants in New York.
The firm advises a broad range of clients, including numerous multinational corporations.
Nagy és Trócsányi is the exclusive member firm in Hungary for Lex Mundi – the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries worldwide.
Main areas of practice
Banking and finance/project finance
Key clients: OTP Bank, Raffeisen
Contact: Dr György Kiszely
Tel: +36 487 8718
Key clients: Volvo, LG, Honda
Contact: Dr Orsolya Kovács
Tel: +36 1 487 8717
Key clients: Scania, DAF Trucks, Booking.com, Hungarian National Asset Management Inc., Hungarian Post Pte Ltd, Amphenol, Museum of Fine Arts Budapest, OTP Bank
Contact: Dr Ildikó Varga
Tel: +36 1 487 8799
Litigation and arbitration
Key clients: OTP Bank Nyrt, Strabag, Government of Hungary, FGSZ, BASF, Invivo Group, Kedrion, Hungarian National Asset Management Inc., MAVIR, Banco de Sabadell, Heerema
Contact: Dr Péter Nagy
Tel: +36 1 487 8787
Key clients: Ceva-Phylaxia, Givaudan, Soft Flow
Contact: Dr Péter Berethalmi
Tel: +36 1 487 8712
Key clients: CBA, KPMG
Contact: Dr Orsolya Kovács
Tel: +36 1 487 8717
|Managing Partner||Dr Berethalmi Péteremail@example.com||+361 487 8712|
|Dr Vivien Ágics||Associate||View Profile|
|Dr Péter Berethalmi||Managing partner.||View Profile|
|Dr Lúcia Detvay||Associate||View Profile|
|Dr Denisz Dobos||Associate||View Profile|
|Dr Attila Hollósi||Associate||View Profile|
|Dr Viktor Jéger||Partner||View Profile|
|Dr András Juhász||View Profile|
|Dr Balázs Karsai||Partner||View Profile|
|Dr György Kiszely||Partner||View Profile|
|Orsolya Kovács||Partner||View Profile|
|Dr Zóra Lehoczki||Associate||View Profile|
|Dr Zsuzsanna Lukács||Associate||View Profile|
|Dr Vanda Mangliár||Associate||View Profile|
|Dr Péter P Nagy||Partner||View Profile|
|Dr Csaba Pigler||Partner||View Profile|
|Dr István Szende||Associate||View Profile|
|Dr György Tiborfi||Associate||View Profile|
|Dr Zoltan Varga||Partner||View Profile|
|Dr Ildikó Varga||Executive Partner. Head of the corporate transactions group with significant experience and…||View Profile|
|Dr Mónika Vrancsik||Associate||View Profile|