Advokatfirman Vinge > Malmo, Sweden > Firm Profile
Advokatfirman Vinge Offices
203 13 MALMÖ
Advokatfirman Vinge > The Legal 500 Rankings
Sweden > Banking and finance Tier 1Advokatfirman Vinge advises lenders and borrowers on a broad range of financing deals and brings ‘substantial strength in depth to the largest and utmost business-critical regulatory matters’. Mikael Ståhl heads up the practice and is well versed in syndicated loans, asset backed financing work, securitisations, LBO financings and project and export financings. Louise Brorsson Salomon acts for the Swedish government, multinational companies, banks and private Swedish companies on domestic and international financing transactions; Albert Wållgren also has considerable expertise in financing transactions and adds in-house experience at the European Investment Bank to the team.
Other key lawyers:
‘Vinge’s financial services practice is able to bring substantial strength in depth to the largest and utmost business-critical regulatory matters, while assisting clients with regulatory transactions or SFSA actions.’
‘The broad experience on the principal cases in the sector is good, combined with a commercial perspective, which makes the team solution-oriented, client-friendly and responsive.’
‘The team holds a very strong position in the Swedish regulatory market and is a noticeable choice for domestic and international top-tier clients.’
‘Emma Stuart-Beck is a well-known and sought-after adviser within the Swedish financial services sector.’
‘Henrik Ossborn is a great lawyer to work with in Sweden – very efficient, quick and always to the point.’
‘The go-to team for all regulatory issues within the financial services industry.’
‘They are swift and provide hands-on advice.’
‘Emma Stuart-Beck truly understands the full scope of the problem at hand – she is an outstanding financial regulatory lawyer.’
European Investment Bank (EIB)
Standard Chartered Bank
Royal Bank of Canada
Svenska Handelsbanken AB
Randviken Fastighet AB
NatWest Markets N.V.
Vimian Group AB
Klarna Bank AB
- Acted for Embracer, one of the largest gaming companies in Europe with 69 internal game studios and more than 7000 employees and contracted developers in more than 40 countries worldwide, in connection with (1) its entry into a new SEK6bn revolving credit facility and simultaneous refinancing of its existing SEK3bn facilities agreement and (2) its entry into a SEK18bn facilities agreement for the purpose of acquiring the French Asmodee group from PAI Partners SAS.
- Acted for Allianz Real Estate (through Allianz Finance IX Luxembourg S.A.), one of the world’s largest real estate investment managers, in connection with a new SEK15.8bn debt financing of Heimstaden Eagle AB, a joint venture between Allianz Real Estate and Heimstaden Bostad AB.
- Advised the Cibes group in connection with a SEK1.25bn committed and SEK600m uncommitted term and revolving facilities agreement with Nordea Bank Abp, filial i Sverige as lender.
Jesper Schönbeck; Erik Sjöman; Anders Strid
‘Extremely good availability and response times. You can always rely on the Vinge team being able to quickly jump in to an assignment.’
‘Louise Brorsson Salomon is a valuable partner in tough negotiations and handles all assignments in a professional and structured manner.’
‘Absolutely top of the market in terms of quality, problem solving, market knowledge and client management.’
‘Vinge Stockholm has the number one capital markets group in Sweden.’
‘They are part of almost all major transactions and they are at the forefront of new legislation and questions that relate to the Swedish Securities Counsel.’
‘Erik Sjöman – the number one adviser regarding capital markets practice in Sweden. Erik is connected to almost all listed companies and is part of or involved in almost all matters on the market. In addition, Erik is very close to the academic and legislative work that is always ongoing in the Swedish capital markets and he has also follows current case law closely.’
‘Very close to market and business understanding, able to benchmark market practices and standards, always well ahead when it comes to new legislation and implementation.’
‘Keen on informing me as a client of relevant news and changes in applicable legislation.’
Svenska Handelsbanken AB
Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB
Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc
Deutsche Bank AG
Lantmännen ek för
Danica Pension, Livsforsikringsaktieselskab (Danica)
Marginalen Bank Bankaktiebolag
Sparbanken Skåne AB
ESSVP IV / Orlando Nordics AB
Vimian Group AB
Carnegie Investment Bank, ABG Sundal Collier and Nordea Corporate Finance & ECM
ABG Sundal Collier AB and Carnegie Investment Bank AB
Titania Holding AB
Sleep Cycle AB
Embellence Group AB
Scandic Hotels Group AB
Samhällsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden AB
BHG Group AB
Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc and Nordea Corporate Finance & ECM
- Advised Borgo AB on the establishment of its SEK50bn Swedish law governed MTN and Covered Bond programme and parallel issuance senior MTNs of SEK1.75bn; its issuance of SEK5.5bn standalone covered bonds and the simultaneous issuer change under and transfer of SEK10.5bn covered bonds (and underlying mortgage loans) by means of a cross-border de-merger.
- Advised EQT AB in connection with its €1.5bn sustainability-linked bonds.
- Advised Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB in connection with the issuance of Additional Tier 1 Capital (AT1) of $500m to optimise its capital structure.
Jonas Bergström; Magnus Pauli; Magnus Hedsund
‘The Vinge team has the breadth and depth to handle all types of matters.’
‘They have a unique talent for breaking down the often complex legal landscape into very practical advice.’
‘Erik Sjöman is the leading individual in the Swedish market when it comes to capital markets and public M&A as well as corporate governance matters.’
Investment AB Latour
IK Investment Partners
Verisure Securitas Direct Group
Sixth National Pension Fund
Lantmännen ek för
Procuritas Capital Investors
- Advised EQT in connection with the SEK60bn acquisition of leading global pest control specialist Anticimex, the first investment of EQT’s new purpose driven strategy.
- Advised Cinven Capital Management on the sale of the Envirotainer Group to EQT and Mubadala for €2.8bn.
- Advised Klövern AB in connection with the SEK19.5bn public offer from Corem Property Group.
Sweden > Dispute resolution Tier 1
With a ‘very professional approach’, Advokatfirman Vinge handles high-profile and high-value cross-border litigation and arbitration for top multinational corporations and foreign and domestic government clients, often acting as lead counsel. The team is led by Cecilia Möller Norsted, Jerker Kjellander and Silvia Dahlberg; Norsted is a key name for arbitration proceedings in the energy, telecoms and real estate sectors, Kjellander is experienced in post-M&A and construction disputes, and Dahlberg handles international commercial and investment arbitrations. James Hope has over 25 years’ experience in disputes and is dual-qualified in Sweden, and England and Wales, while Jonas Eklund is a key name for large energy arbitration proceedings.
Cecilia Möller Norsted; Jerker Kjellander; Silvia Dahlberg
‘The team was very dedicated and firm.’
‘While the work was challenging, they managed to keep an extremely complex arbitration under control.’
‘The Team supporting us was very well composed regarding individuals, their skills, size of the team and for being flexible and agile during the lengthy process.’
‘I worked with Silvia Dahlberg, partner in Goteborg, as a team leader. I admire her profound knowledge not only of international arbitration but international law and business relations as well. This team has a great team spirit and responsiveness, inspired by its leader, Silvia.’
‘The team took our requirements and queries, considered them carefully and provided suitable advice, recommendations, and answers in a very professional manner.’
‘Very appreciated, especially when strategic decisions regarding the procedure was needed to be taken.’
‘James Hope stands out as an experienced and calm advocate.’
‘Cecilia Möller Norsted is a very professional and competent lawyer. She has excellent skills to lead her team together with us as client, in a case which has an history of more than 20 years, including many people, with some having strong emotions, involved.’
Investment AB Öresund
SPP Pension & Försäkring AB
Bergvik Skog AB
Skånemejerier ek för
Zhoukou Municipal Grain Reserve Storehouse of China Grain Reserve
Kingdom of Spain
Republic of Italy
Vianini Lavori SpA
Kingdom of Sweden
- Defending Sweden against an investment treaty claim brought by Huawei before ICSID in Washington D.C. as a result of the decision not to include Huawei’s equipment in Sweden’s 5G rollout.
- Representing Spain and Italy, respectively, in three separate proceedings before the Svea Court of Appeal challenging arbitral awards in investment treaty cases.
- Representing the Italian contractor Vianini Lavori in a high-profile construction dispute against Trafikverket (Swedish Transport Administration) concerning the Stockholm bypass (Förbifart Stockholm).
Sweden > Employment Tier 1Advokatfirman Vinge offers clients ‘deep knowledge in the field of employment law and provides timely and useful advice’. It handles both contentious and non-contentious matters and has recently been advising on terminations, collective bargaining agreements, reorganisations, trade secrets issues and disputes, as well as transactional matters and advisory work. Fredrik Dahl, Yohanna Öhrnegård and Emelie Svensäter Jerntorp jointly lead the team; Dahl is a key name for employment litigation, as is Öhrnegård, who represents clients in the Swedish courts and before arbitration tribunals, while Jerntorp handles M&A-related employment work. Åsa Gotthardsson is recommended for reorganisations and HR issues.
Fredrik Dahl; Emelie Svensäter Jerntorp; Yohanna Öhrnegård
Other key lawyers:
‘Really knowledgeable team, the team were put together with unique knowledge in each area and we felt very taken care of. Respond promptly at all times, no matter time of the day.’
‘Yohanna Öhrnegård did take the lead in her role and used all resources in the best way and finally won our case. On top off that, it was done in a very personal way which made us feel like friends during a hard time.’
‘The team has deep knowledge in the field of employment law and provides timely and useful advice.’
‘The team is very oriented towards finding practical solutions to any legal challenges.’
‘Dedicated, engaged in our challenge, quick to respond, uncomplicated. The specific stand-out lawyer I have in mind is Emelie Svensäter Jerntorp.’
‘Very business focused. Good understanding of the need to deliver within a specific time frame.’
‘Solutions are very focused to our local business and realistic to implement. High knowledge of labour legislation.’
‘Promptness, knowledgeable, easy access.’
EQT Partners AB
Bluestep Bank AB
King (Midasplayer AB)
- Advised Trustly on the restructuring of its organisation and with its new growth strategy, involving redundancy for over 100 people in Europe.
- Represented EQT in the review of its global employment agreements, drafting the agreement templates and project managing the contacts with local counsel in US, APAC and Europe as well as adjusting country specific templates from the feedback from the local counsel.
- Represented Qatar Airways in: a) restructuring the Swedish operations to achieve efficiency and b) migration advice for secondments from Doha to Stockholm.
Sweden > Energy Tier 1Advokatfirman Vinge is increasingly active on solar and wind matters, alongside advising traditional energy clients on regulatory issues, transactions and dispute resolution; the firm’s impressive M&A capabilities is notably utilised on energy acquisitions. Department co-head Christoffer Thalin’s experience in sustainable energy provides a unique perspective on renewable infrastructure projects. Fellow co-head Peter Sundgren is an M&A specialist that advises clients at both a local and international level. Johan Cederblad is highly experienced in regulatory matters.
Christoffer Thalin; Peter Sundgren
Other key lawyers:
Institutional Renewable Energies II Fund / Commerz Real
MEAG Asset Management
Downing Renewables & Infrastructure Trust
Global Infrastructure Partners
Cloudberry Clean Energy AS
Edsbyns Elverk AB
Åndberg Vind AB / Ardian Funds
- Advised Ingka Investments on the acquisition of a 49% share in three offshore wind development projects in Sweden.
- Assisted Lantmännen with the divestment of Lantmännen Agrovärme AB to Solör Bioenergi.
- Advised Institutional Renewable Energies II Fund on the acquisition of two solar PV plants with a combined capacity of 69MWp from Helios Nordic Energy.
Sweden > EU and competition Tier 1
The team at Advokatfirman Vinge is ‘knowledgeable, efficient and has great availability’; with a strong corporate practice, the firm handles the competition law aspects of large M&A deals with ease and also acts in competition litigation with cross-border support stemming from its Brussels office. The group is jointly led by Johan Karlsson, Anna Palmérus, Pär Remnelid, and the Brussels-based Martin Johansson. Karlsson is a notable name for compliance work and investigations and is active in the energy, infrastructure, telecoms and retail sectors, while Marcus Glader is a key name for transactional work and abuse of dominance matters. Helena Rosén Andersson joined as counsel from the Supreme Administrative Court.
Johan Karlsson; Anna Palmérus; Pär Remnelid; Martin Johansson
‘The Vinge team is knowledgeable, efficient and has great availability.’
‘Marcus Glader always delivers high-quality advice and is very reliable in complex transactions.’
‘The team has extensive and deep knowledge about the legal regime, both in Sweden and internationally.’
‘They have a good understanding of our situation and provide useful and proactive advice.’
‘Partner Johan Karlsson is one of the most (probably the most) experienced lawyer within this field. He is very proactive and has a commercial mindset in his advisory role.’
‘Excellent knowledge of Swedish and EU competition law and process, agile and client minded.’
‘Marcus Glader is friendly, commercial and has deep insight into all fields of antitrust.’
‘Marcus Glader has the ability to swiftly understand the commercial area in scope, and give user friendly advice.’
HMD and Opera
- Represented private equity company EQT in connection with several acquisitions and investments worldwide.
- Represented HMD Global (a Finnish original equipment manufacturer and exclusive licensee of Nokia phones) and Opera (a Norwegian web browser developer), respectively, in proceedings before the General Court in Luxembourg, regarding the European Commission’s infringement decision against Google Android.
- Advised KKR’s portfolio company GeneraLife on its acquisition of Livio, a Swedish group of companies that provides assisted reproduction services at nine clinics in Sweden, Norway and Iceland.
Sweden > Fintech Tier 1Advokatfirman Vinge acts for a number of start-ups as well as established players in the fintech arena, and has expertise pertaining to payment services, data protection and cybersecurity issues, IP work and cryptocurrencies, and utilises its strong corporate and banking and finance teams for support on M&A transactions and financial services regulatory issues. The team is led by Fredrik Wilkens and Emma Stuart-Beck, with Stuart-Beck acting for large banks and payment institutions on a range of regulatory issues. Counsel Caroline Krassén is another key name for regulatory and compliance issues, particularly relating to the financial and payment services industries.
Fredrik Wilkens; Emma Stuart-Beck
Other key lawyers:
Klarna Bank AB
European Investment Bank
EQT Mid-Market US Limited Partnership
EQT Treasury AB
- Advised EQT Ventures in relation to its investment in Juni, a fintech company regulated by the SFSA.
- Regularly advising Klarna on banking and financing issues as well as regulatory advice on the Klarna services and products.
- Advised Schibsted, an international media group listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange, on its investment in Savr AB, a digital fund platform which repays all fund commission to its customers.
Eli Lilly and Company
Atlas Antibodies AB
Vimian Group AB
Corline Biomedical AB
Xspray Pharma AB
Hansa Biopharma AB
Calliditas Therapeutics AB
Nanoform Finland Plc
Järven Plast & Smide Aktiebolag
- Representing Hansa Biopharma AB in an ongoing arbitration related to a patent assignment and royalty agreement and the request for royalties from certain researchers.
- Acting for Merck Sharp & Dohme in patent litigation related to a supplementary protection certificate for its anti-diabetes drug Janumet.
- Advising EQT AB in connection with its acquisition of Life Sciences Partners.
Sweden > Insolvency Tier 1The restructuring and insolvency team at Advokatfirman Vinge draws on its banking and finance, corporate, debt and equity capital markets, and employment teams to advise on bankruptcies, restructuring issues and contentious matters, including litigation and arbitration proceedings. The team is led by Albert Wållgren, Morgan Hallén and Henrik Ossborn; Hallén has over 30 years’ experience in restructuring and insolvency work, and also advises on real estate matters and disputes. Anna Palmérus is often involved in large bankruptcies and liquidations and frequently acts as court-appointed receiver.
Albert Wållgren; Morgan Hallén; Henrik Ossborn
Other key lawyers:
ITAB Shop Concept AB
The Swedish State
Odlo International AG
- Advising ITAB in connection with a recapitalisation of SEK868m.
- Represented the Swedish State in the Swedish State recapitalisation of flight carrier SAS via a credit line of SEK3bn with the Swedish and Danish states as lenders.
- Represented Odlo International AG on its agreement to acquire British sailing brand, Henri-Lloyd.
Sweden > Insurance Tier 1Praised by clients for its ‘straight to the point’ advice, Advokatfirman Vinge provides advice to high-profile clients on contentious and non-contentious matters, with a strong focus on M&A and regulatory work. The practice is led by Fabian Ekeblad, Henrik Ossborn, Mattias Rosengren and Michele Fara; Ekeblad is particularly noted for his expertise in transactions and regulatory matters. With a focus on regulatory and general business law, Viveka Classon is ‘very experienced and ‘well informed of the market practices in different areas’, while Per Johan Eckerberg adds to the strength of the team with his more than 30 years of experience in advising insurance companies.
Fabian Ekeblad; Henrik Ossborn; Mattias Rosengren; Michele Fara
‘Availability. Holistic perspective. Knowledgeable. Sympathetic.’
‘They have the ability to give legal advice that goes straight to the point and can be directly implemented in practical work.’
‘Viveka Classon is very experienced in the business, which makes the communication easy. She understands the business point of view and is also well informed of the market practice in different areas.’
Sirius International Insurance Corporation
Willis Towers Watson
Hedvig Försäkring AB
Codan Forsikring AS/Trygg-Hansa Försäkring Filial
Dina Försäkring AB
Cardif Försäkring AB
Falck Danmark A/S
Assistansbolaget Sverige Försäkring AB
Nord Insuretech Group AB
LeasePlan Sverige AB
- Advised Skandia on a review of its healthcare counselling to its policy holders in regard to claims settlements.
- Assisted Falck Danmark A/S with the sale of an insurance company.
- Advised Assistansbolaget on a number of matters.
‘Highly knowledgeable and efficient team of IP lawyers. A superb choice.’
‘Håkan Borgenhäll is a respected senior legal statesman. I have worked with him for many years with great pleasure. Calm, thoughtful and friendly.’
‘Malin Malm Waerme is a younger partner with a super grasp of the law and technology. Very good in court and capable in written submissions.’
‘Vinge’s IP team is excellent at understanding the commercial side of our business, while always delivering substantiated and practical advice. They are also very reachable. It is a pleasure to work with their team.’
‘Richard Wessman is probably one of the best IP litigators in Sweden. He is creative, able to think outside the box and finds practical solutions to complex issues in our business. I am very happy with his services.’
‘Super professional team that goes above and beyond to understand our business and the challenges we face.’
‘Richard Wessman’s deep knowledge of both IP and business is unique and we always get business-oriented advice, clear and to the point. Very much appreciated.’
‘The intellectual property team at Vinge, headed by partner Richard Wessman, has assisted us in a large number of matters in diverse areas of intellectual property law. The team consists of several leading individuals within their respective fields and many up and coming young talents giving the team a wide range of experience and knowledge.’
Eli Lilly and Company
Pernod Ricard/The Absolut Company
Swedish Match North Europe
Swedish Olympic Committee
Thomas Concrete Group
MSD (Merck & Co.)
Star Stable Entertainment AB
Hästens Sängar AB
Viva Wine Group AB
Daniel Wellington AB
MGI International Sales Co., Limited
- Representing Latvia MGI Tech SIA, MGI Tech Hong Kong Co., Ltd. and MGI International Sales Co., Ltd in 12 patent disputes where the counterpart is Illumina, a US company.
- Entered into a long-term co-operation with the Swedish Olympic Committee (SOC) as the official legal adviser on business law and successfully assisted and represented the SOC in the managing of numerous trade mark infringements related to the 2021 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
- Providing Apple Inc. with legal services related to management of trade mark portfolios, inter alia searches, filings, maintenance and renewals, strategies and monitoring services.
Sweden > IT and telecoms Tier 1Advokatfirman Vinge has ‘solid experience and provides world-class legal advice within IT and telecoms’. With a strong corporate practice, the firm is well placed to handle the IT aspects of M&A deals and also advises on the procurement and supply of IT equipment, tech-related IP issues, commercial agreements and licensing matters. The team is jointly led by Eva Fredrikson, Carl Johan Af Petersens and Henrik Borna; Fredrikson advises on outsourcing, cloud computing and fintech matters and Petersens is a key name for telecoms work. Borna is recommended for data privacy matters, as is Nicklas Thorgerzon, while senior associate Mathilda Persson advises on software solutions and technology transactions.
Eva Fredrikson; Carl Johan af Petersens; Henrik Borna
‘The team has solid experience and provides world-class legal advice within IT and telecoms.’
‘Very strong collaborations skills within many areas, SaaS agreements as an example.’
‘Mathilda Persson and Nicklas Thorgerzon have been exceptional in their services and availability on our many projects.’
‘A unique mix of specific competences and areas of expertise. We are in contact with a limited number of persons but there is always, through their broad network, a team “behind the scenes” with specialists if a certain difficult and very specific question arises.’
‘Always very professional, correct, thorough, knowledgeable and interested in our business and what is important for us as a client.’
‘Broad knowledge as well as ability to focus on specific areas when needed. The team is well organised in order to support clients in a very flexible and dedicated manner.’
‘Dedicated personnel with high knowledge and professional attitude to client and counterpart. Jolene Reimersson and Eva Fredrikson are both very professional with a high level of knowledge as well as an ability to find solutions.’
Star Stable Entertainment AB
SJ AB (Swedish Rail)
Tobii AB and Tobii Dynavox AB
- Advising SJ AB on a public procurement of up to 40 high-speed trains with an initial order of 25 trains.
- Assisted Intrum with developing a new master services agreement to engage a multinational IT consultancy services provider to project manage the scale transformation of the Intrum group’s IT systems, covering three different workstreams: (i) to implement and roll-out third-party debt management software solutions and related services across the group; (ii) IT outsourcing, maintenance and subsequent decommissioning of the group’s legacy IT systems; and (iii) set-up and operation of a new central technology centre for the group.
- Representing Star Stable Entertainment AB in various IT and media related contractual matters, e.g. TV production and distribution agreements, IT operations and IT development agreements, artist and music agreements, marketing agreements etc.
Sweden > Real estate Tier 1Advokatfirman Vinge handles complex real estate transactions involving retail, office and residential spaces, with a particular specialism in shopping centres. The firm acts on a range of issues including M&A, financings, property developments and commercial leases. The team also has experience in advising on cross-border deals. Following Assur Badur's departure, Niclas Winnberg now jointly leads the team and is highly active in joint ventures and property developments. Fellow co-heads Anders Forkman and Robert Deli focus on real estate transactions and commercial leasings, with the latter having a particular specialism in construction-related real estate matters. Anders Heintze has a strong track record in complex, high-value mandates.
Niclas Winnberg; Anders Forkman; Robert Deli
Other key lawyers:
‘Vinge is the perfect all round service firm with professional, competent people who know the market and understand international business. They understand the client’s business and help make deals in a pro-active way.’
‘Anders Forkman has a notable specialism in real estate. His interventions help us find unique insights to make the right decisions. Anders is highly skilled and very dedicated; we can always trust him to have in-depth expertise, knowledge of the matter, and advice regarding complex matters.’
‘Personal and professional attention. They have a fast and highly effective way of working.’
‘Easy to discuss with and have a broad competence to offer in different areas.’
Platzer Fastigheter AB
Coop Storbutiker & Marknader AB
Allianz Real Estate
- Advised Allianz Real Estate in connection with an investment of SEK7.9bn in Heimstaden Bostad’s Swedish portfolio, which was acquired from Akelius, through the formation of a joint venture.
- Advised the seller Botvid Holding AB on a forward funding transaction regarding the development and sale of 599 apartments in Slagsta Strand to Nordic Real Estate Partners (NREP).
- Advised EIG Sverige on the sale of a real estate portfolio to Trappan.
Sweden > Shipping Tier 1Advokatfirman Vinge has a strong track record in maritime and transport law and acts for foreign and domestic companies on contentious and non-contentious matters. Key areas of focus for the practice include sales and registrations, ship financing issues, cargo contracts and disputes, including multi-jurisdictional litigation and arbitration proceedings. Practice head Michele Fara is a key name for contract negotiations and disputes, and he is supported at the junior level by associate Robin Eliasson, senior associate Paula Bäckdén, and recently promoted partner Ninos Aho, who is recommended for regulatory and commercial matters.
‘The best team that I have worked with in this field of law.’
‘Michele Fara is outstanding and the value that he brings is one of a kind.’
‘Vinge has a great group of experts in the field of shipping.’
‘Fast response and to the point communication and solutions.’
‘Michele Fara is a genuine expert in his field, and very good to work with. We feel safe when receiving his advice and Michele’s prestige is very constructive in discussing solutions.’
Sweden > Tax Tier 1Advokatfirman Vinge is very strong in contentious tax matters, including litigation, and has represented clients in the Supreme Court. The group is particularly experienced in the private equity arena, including tax matters pertaining to the purchase and sale of companies, and has recently seen an uptick in VAT-related cases. Mattias Schömer heads up the team and is a key name for M&A, reorganisations and tax court proceedings. Counsels Maria Schultzberg and Ulrika Bengtsson are also recommended, with Schultzberg handling inbound and outbound investment-related matters, and Bengtsson offering strong expertise in tax litigation.
Other key lawyers:
Sleep Cycle AB
Vostok New Ventures Ltd
Segulah Medical Acceleration
- Representing investment professionals connected to Nordic Capital in the Supreme Administrative Court relating to the income tax treatment of distribution of profits from Channel Islands funds to Sweden.
- Provided tax advice to Vostok Emerging Finances Ltd in respect of its re-domestication by way of a change of domicile of the group parent company from Bermuda to Sweden.
- Acting as lead counsel on the tax structuring for the establishment of Segulah Medical Acceleration, a Swedish venture fund structured domestically and in Denmark.
Sweden > Construction Tier 2Advokatfirman Vinge’s construction practice has a strong track record in contentious and non-contentious issues, with several mandates involving multiple jurisdictions. Recent work has included energy infrastructure and inner-city developments and complex contract drafting issues in the pharmaceuticals industry; the firm also advises on the development and execution stages of construction projects. Team head Robert Deli primarily focuses on developments and helps clients with the procurement of contractors and general counsel to assist with project management issues. Co-head Anders Forkman has extensive real estate and M&A expertise, while Anders Heintze is a highly experienced litigator. Daniel Prawitz has strengthened the team since he rejoined the group from an in-house role. Assur Badur has left the practice.
Robert Deli; Anders Forkman
Other key lawyers:
Anders Heintz; Daniel Prawitz
‘We have a long-term collaboration with Vinge on the construction side and are always satisfied with their performance, timing and accuracy. They are very reliable and also have a very good understanding of our rather specialised market (windpower).’
‘We have always had the same team on hand and it simplifies the cooperation significantly. Good understanding of our issues and challenges.’
Eva Fredrikson; Carl Johan af Petersens; Henrik Borna
‘Vinge’s data privacy team is small but very experienced and responsive.’
‘Great value add and always good at balancing the different conflicting interests in the business.’
‘Nicklas Thorgerzon is our main go-to person when it comes to data privacy. Always responsive and you can trust his advice.’
‘The Vinge team provides adapted advice and will always listen to and understand your issue.’
‘Emelie Svensäter Jerntorp is well versed in the law and incredibly adept at capturing what your issue is.’
- Advising Tele2 on data various data protection work, including in relation to an ongoing investigation by the Swedish Data Protection Authority.
Sweden > Environment Tier 2Advokatfirman Vinge has expertise in advising on environmental matters concerning permits, transactions and disputes. Work highlights range from helping with wind farm acquisitions and greenfield developments, to representing clients before the Land and Environment Court. One of the sector’s leading names Thomas Sjöberg continues to be highly active in private and public transactions and is particularly experienced in issues regarding contaminated land and water, as well as administrative and civil litigation proceedings. The ‘effective’ Johan Cederblad heads up the team alongside Ingela Malmorg and Robert Deli and uses his extensive experience in handling energy matters to advise clients on environmental concerns regarding both traditional and renewable energy infrastructure mandates.
Johan Cederblad; Ingela Malmborg; Robert Deli
Other key lawyers:
‘Vinge effectively addresses our needs for environmental issues.’
‘The individuals I have been in contact with are always professional and skilled.’
‘Flexible and accommodating approach. Easy to work with.’
‘High professionalism, responsive. The firm has experts in a broad variety of fields which brings comfort to me as a client. The requested legal product is always delivered with high standards.’
‘My experience from working with Johan Cederblad is that he is very knowledgeable and cares about his clients and our businesses. As a client, I feel prioritised and appreciate his balance between being very professional and at the same time down-to-earth in his communication.’
‘Great experience and always find answers to tricky questions within environmental area. A great partner.’
‘Always open and clear about problems and solutions, great experience finding innovative solutions.’
‘Thomas Sjöberg – very experienced, very knowledgeable. Johan Cederblad – effective, good listener, and understands our situation very well. Open minded. Both keep well updated about court cases.’
Vasa Vind AB
Välinge Innovation Sweden AB
Kopparfors Skogar AB
Njordr Offshore AB
IPCO Sweden AB
Öresundskraft Kraft och Värme AB
Norra Åsbo Renhållnings AB
- Advised Ingka Investments, the investment arm of Ingka Group, on its purchase of a 49% share in three offshore wind development projects in Sweden.
- Representing NÅRAB AB in a case in the Supreme Land and Environmental Court regarding the classification of certain waste handling operations in relation to the Industrial Emissions Directive.
- Advising the wind power developer Njordr AB on a permit application for a greenfield wind farm development in the south of Sweden.
Sweden > Public procurement Tier 2Advokatfirman Vinge acts for top domestic and international, public and private entities on high-profile contentious and non-contentious public procurement matters. The team, which is headed up by Daniel Wendelsson, is particularly strong in disputes and has recently been handling a number of cases in the Supreme Administrative Court; Wendelsson is a key name for litigation, review procedures and contract negotiations. Public procurement expert Kristoffer Sällfors also acts for clients in court proceedings and has represented clients in the European Court of Justice, while Per-Ola Bergqvist is a key name for infrastructure-related procurement matters. Former practice co-head Jerker Alm left for ALM Advokatbyrå AB.
‘Vinge has a global network of leading law firms that they coordinate and collaborate with on large-scale matters.’
‘Within there own operations, they have English, German, Chinese, Finnish and Norwegian lawyers, among others, with a keen understanding of the laws, languages and business cultures in their respective countries.’
‘Together with our Swedish lawyers and locally based advisers, they make up the teams that support us with business law and advice while acting as a cultural bridge between lands and regions.’
‘I love to work with Per-Ola Bergqvist at Vinge. Per-Ola Bergqvist has great knowledge, is nice and is responsive. Always has good views when we need help and always available.’
‘Very good knowledge and always very professional statements.’
‘Per-Ola Bergqvist has a way of putting things in its right place by explaining what’s relevant in the specific case in a very common fashion.’
‘After many years of working with your lawyer, he also knows what I need help with and what I can do myself, which means you don’t do extra work that I can do myself and we have a good dialogue.’
‘You can always rely on the team. Quick and relevant answers.’
The City of Malmö
Scandinavian Service Partner
DAB Dental AB
Bostads AB Mimer
- Representing SJ, the state-owned incumbent operator of railway passenger transport services in Sweden, before the General Court at the CJEU.
- Advised the state-owned passenger railway company SJ on the procurement of approximately 25 new high-speed trains (Project Delta).
- Advised the state-owned passenger railway company SJ on the procurement of up to 60 new regional trains (Project Zeta).
Advokatfirman Vinge > Firm Profile
The firm: Established as a result of a merger between a number of leading Swedish firms in 1983, Advokatfirman Vinge KB (‘Vinge’) is one of the largest firms in Scandinavia today, with some 300 lawyers in seven Swedish and overseas offices.
Areas of practice: Vinge is a full-service law firm with a substantial international practice and with a strategic focus on M&A and corporate finance. The firm has acted in most of the major mergers and acquisitions in Sweden in recent years and has consistently achieved top positions on Mergermarket’s list of M&A advisers in the Nordic market as well as Tier 1 rankings with the leading ranking institutes.
The firm regularly represents clients in connection with large international financing transactions, including project financing and structured finance arrangements. Vinge’s competition law team is one of the most distinguished and experienced in the Nordic markets. As a full-service firm, Vinge also advises domestic and international clients within a number of specialist areas such as: competition compliance; employment; information technology; insolvency; insurance; intellectual property; litigation and arbitration; marketing; private equity; property; public procurement; tax; telecommunications; and transport.
In addition to four offices in Sweden, the firm has a presence in Brussels.
|Banking and finance|
|China practice group|
|Corporate finance and capital markets|
|Corporate risk and compliance|
|Employment and benefits|
|EU, competition and regulatory|
|Financial regulatory issues|
|Maritime and transport|
|Restructuring and insolvency|
|Telecommunications, technology and outsourcing|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 320 at this office : 51
LanguagesCantonese Chinese Danish English Finnish French German Greek Hindi Italian Mandarin Norwegian Persian Portuguese Punjabi Russian Spanish Swedish Urdu
OtherOther offices : Brussels Other offices : Gothenburg Other offices : Helsingborg Other offices : Stockholm
Sweden: Tax Disputes
Published: October 2022
Authors: Ulrika BengtssonMattias Schömer
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Tax Disputes laws and regulations applicable in Sweden.
Sweden: Patent Litigation
Published: October 2022
Authors: Malin Malm WaermeÅsa Hellstadius
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Patent Litigation laws and regulations applicable in Sweden.
Sweden: Insurance & Reinsurance
Published: April 2023
Authors: Viveka ClassonElin SamaraJonna Bondemark
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Insurance & Reinsurance laws and regulations applicable in Sweden.
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property and media
- IT and telecoms
- Real estate