DS Avocats > Paris, France > Firm Profile
DS Avocats Offices
6 RUE DURET
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
- Client Testimonials
- International Capabilities
- Comparative Guides
DS Avocats > The Legal 500 Rankings
France > Environment Tier 1DS Avocats‘ extensive practice includes safety, health, circular economy, hygiene and energy-related expertise, providing clients with a one-stop-shop for all environment-related matters. Staying ahead of the curve, the firm is advising on innovative projects, namely assisting Abbott, one of the leading healthcare companies, with the establishment of the first individual waste electronic equipment stream in France. The head of the environment and sustainable development department, Patricia Savin, is especially experienced in advising on matters involving the circular economy, biodiversity issues, brownfields, CSR, and sustainable real estate. Yvon Martinet is an expert in industrial risk. Grégory Gutierrez has developed strong expertise in the field of energy, particularly the renewable energy sector. On matters relating to biological diversity and sustainable development sectors, Raphaël Romi is the name to note.
Groupement Les Mousquetaires
Kaufman & Broad
Grand Port Maritime de Nantes Saint Nazaire
- Assisting New Duralex with the management of carbon quota obligations related to the operation of its site by requesting the administration to create two sub-accounts, one corresponding to the past activity and the other to the future activity.
- Advising nine carrot producers in Créance, France, that were prosecuted for possession and use of prohibited plant protection products.
- Acted as counsel for French healthcare company Servier on the environmental closure of a drug production site in France.
France > Construction Tier 2DS Avocats handles French and international construction projects in the public and private sectors. The firm particularly stands out for its market-leading expertise in Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs - Conseils (FIDIC) contracts in France. Advising on the construction of various structures of the Paris Olympic Games, the team has also handled the construction of one of the largest data centers in France, an offshore wind turbine plant, one of the tallest skyscrapers ever built in France, and a highly ambitious energy project with 35 countries involved and cost estimates ranging between €22bn to €65bn. Frédéric Lévy leads both the real estate and construction department at the firm; Stéphane Gasne is another key name.
Other key lawyers:
CHINA NUCLEAR POWER ENGINEERING (CNPE)
SIEMENS GAMESA RENEWABLE ENERGY (SGRE)
- Advising Solideo on the development of structures for the 2024 Olympic Games, with Solideo acting on several flagship developments, including the Olympic and Paralympic Village ZAC, the Media Cluster ZAC and various other infrastructures and public facilities.
- Assisting the Société Fonciere Lyonnaise with the restructuring of the historic monument of the Louvre des Antiquaires, the project management of which has been entrusted to the architect Jean Nouvel, with the restructuring aimed at repurposing the building to house the Fondation Cartier.
- Advising the China Nuclear Power Engineering consortium, made up of CNPE, Framatome and four Chinese contractors, on the Iter nuclear fusion project.
Frédéric Lévy; Jean-Marc Poisson
Other key lawyers:
‘The lawyers are attentive, available, responsive and transparent.’
‘Ability to offer and mobilise the right skills; reasonable budgetary approach, and permanent concern to provide client satisfaction.’
‘A team that listens; great complementarity of skills and availability.’
EPA PARIS SACLAY
SPL MARNE AUX BOIS
BANQUE DES TERRITOIRES
VILLE DE PARIS – PORTE DE LA VILLETTE
MINISTRY OF ECONOMY, PLANNING AND COOPERATION OF SENEGAL
- Advising Etablissement Public d’Aménagement Paris on the creation of a research, teaching and economic activity center on a former military and industrial wasteland.
- Advising Banque des Territoires on its acquisition of a stake in a SEMOP created for the management of the commercial port of Port la Nouvelle (Aude).
- Advising SPL PARISEINE on the Porte Maillot public space redevelopment project.
Grégory Gutierrez; Véronique Fröding; Stéphane Gasne
‘Great expertise on financing and guarantees for energy projects in France and abroad. Excellent understanding of needs and issues. Adapted response based on great expertise and knowledge of the proposed solutions. Significant work capacity. Wide spectrum of topics covered; taxation, financing, due diligence, etc. Stéphane Gasne and his team stand out.’
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Advising Rencore Energy on the development and financing of the largest wind farm in francophone West Africa.
- Advising Eqiom on the first industrial scale carbon capture and storage project in France.
- Advising Sun’R on the acquisition of a large portfolio of solar power plants in France.
France > Insurance Tier 3DS Avocats
Other key lawyers:
‘Very good listening skills and therefore understanding of the customer ecosystem; very good capacity for synthesis.‘
‘The team is efficient both on the analysis of risks and opportunities and on the proposals.‘
AXA Group – XL Insurance Group Company
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty
Brachot Hermant SAS
Comité des constructeurs français automobiles
SPL Plaine Commune Carrefour Pleyel
Allianz Vie Iard
Association Nationale des Conseils Diplômés en Gestion de Patrimoine (A.N.C.D.G.P.)
- Assisted insurance broker Planete CSCA with its criticism of the implementation of a new governmental regime designed to reform brokerage self-regulation.
- Provided support for Fashion Cube, a French textile group, for operating losses, declaration of claims, pre-litigation and litigation following the refusal of coverage by four of the major insurers.
- Advising XL Insurance Company SE, the liability insurer of an aircraft which collided in air with another aircraft in France in October 2020 causing five deaths.
Société de Gestion Pierre Cardin
YEGO Urban Mobility
- Advising EDF on its partnership with the Olympic Committee for the 2024 Olympics.
- Advising Société de Gestion Pierre Cardin regarding issues raised in the context of testamentary succession of Pierre Cardin and the continuity of the protection of its trade marks.
- Managing Groupe O’Tacos’s trade mark portfolio worldwide.
Other key lawyers:
Marie-Christine Mergny; Bertrand Potot; Xavier Lacaze; ; Guillaume Selnet; Romain Bourgade; Benjamin Potier; Fabrice Van Cauwelaert
‘Bertrand Potot knows his clients very well and offers litigation strategies tailored to the needs of our business. He is always very available and attentive to his customers. His support is greatly appreciated when making urgent and strategic decisions. His oratorical qualities are remarkable.’
STATE OF BENIN
Agence Française de développement
ASL Airlines France
INTERNATIONAL CHEMICAL INESTORS
MONTE PASCHI BANK
SAFRAN ELECTRONICS & DEFENSE
- Representing the State of Benin with the exequatur on the French territory of several arbitrational decisions.
- Representing Fragonard in damages claims based on unpaid bills and brutal rupture of commercial relationship.
- Representing Landsbanki Bank and its liquidator in the context of loans classified as toxic by borrowers.
Other key lawyers:
‘The DS firm and in particular Xavier Lacaze is a recognised expert in competition law with the advantage of combining this expertise with a very good knowledge of the railway sector.’
ASL Airlines France
Group Fast Retailing
Itissalat al Maghrib Maroc Telecom
Maîtres Laitiers du Cotentin
Union Francaise des Semenciers
- Advises Eiffage on the disclosure of documents held by Renault Trucks in order to assess its financial loss.
- Defending MLC in the Commercial Court against Casino’s claim for compensation for the financial damage caused by the ‘dairy cartel’.
- Advises and represents the Eiffage group in a longrunning criminal, regulatory and civil case related to a nationwide public tender fixing & illegal political financing scheme.
DS Avocats > Firm Profile
Founded in Paris 50 years ago, DS Avocats is one of the leading independent law firms in France with a global presence on 4 continents.
Since the 1980’s, DS Avocats operates on the Asian continent (China, Singapore, Vietnam) where it facilitates the expansion of European companies into the Asian market.
Since then, the firm has intensified its international development: currently, DS also has offices in Germany, Belgium, Spain and Italy; in Africa (Morocco, Senegal); and in the Americas (Canada, Argentina, Chile, Peru).
Today, around 400 lawyers provide their global clients with in-depth expertise in both public and private business laws. DS’s clients consider this dual expertise a major asset as it enables DS’s legal professionals to bring unique perspectives to best serve their clients’ interests worldwide.
The firm’s areas of practice are: public business law; urban development and planning strategies; real estate law; environmental law and sustainable development; contract and commercial litigation; commercial, competition, distribution and consumer law; intellectual property and innovation law; computer and digital law; data protection; corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and financing; restructuring; tax law; labour law; banking and finance; as well as energy law, health law, customs and international trade and insurance and industrial risks.
Staff FiguresNumber of partners : 50 Number of lawyers : 400
LanguagesArabic English French German Italian Japanese Mandarin Spanish
OtherHeadquarter : Paris Other offices : Barcelona Other offices : Beijing Other offices : Bordeaux Other offices : Brussels Other offices : Buenos Aires Other offices : Dakar Other offices : Ho Chi Minh City Other offices : Lille Other offices : Lima Other offices : Lyon Other offices : Madrid Other offices : Milan Other offices : Montreal Other offices : Quebec Other offices : Santiago Other offices : Shanghai Other offices : Singapore Other offices : Stuttgart Other offices : Toronto Other offices : Vancouver Other offices : Ottawa
CLIENT: Lamine LO, Director
COMPANY/FIRM: Ministry of Economy, Planning and Cooperation of Senegal
TESTIMONIAL: “The Finance and PPP Department of the Ministry of Economy, Planning and Cooperation of Senegal highly appreciated DS Avocats’ knowledge of the Senegalese business environment and legal framework, as well as the quality of the work provided throughout the assignment. The responsiveness and flexibility of the team were also particularly appreciated in view of the deadlines, which were sometimes quite tight. The assistance of DS Avocats was decisive in achieving this new and innovative PPP framework.”
CLIENT: Guy PELAMOURGUE, Manager
TESTIMONIAL: “The expertise and pragmatic support of DS Avocats enabled us to successfully assert our determination to meet our environmental and social obligations before the authorities and the courts.”
Every year since 2013, DS Avocats has been welcoming 12 students from two secondary schools in the Paris region classified as priority education zones: Edouard Vaillant (Gennevilliers 92) and Camille Claudel (Paris 13).
We support these students throughout the school year, which is marked by two important steps :
- step 1: an internship to observe the professional world at the firm in the fall
- step 2: an eloquence contest at the end of May.
- The Pro Bono Mission selects the topics proposed by the members of the firm.
- Motivation letters from the student candidates: 6 students from each college are admitted to the internship.
- At the firm, each student is supervised by a referent (associate) and mentored by an associate.
- Choice and preparation of the subjects for the competition, supervised by the teachers, the referents, and the mentors.
- Rehearsals are conducted at the firm.
- The Ordre des Avocats Library hosts the eloquence contest: each student has 10 minutes to convince.
- A jury composed of personalities from the legal world and, since two sessions, from the civil world (Marie Tabarly, Bruno Raffaëli…) selects the winners of the contest. Unless he is unavailable, Bertrand Perrier gives the counter-speech.
- All participating students are rewarded and a cocktail party closes the event.
DS Avocats has 24 offices across 4 continents (Europe, North and South America, Asia and Africa) and close to 400 legal professionals supporting clients in 14 different countries:
This international scope renders makes DS Avocats one of the leading French international law firms.
Our multicultural and multilingual staff is able to provide our clients with advice based on an in-depth knowledge of their on-the-ground know-how in each country where DS Avocats has an office.
DS Avocats has also 13 operational Desks across four continents:
- Latin America
- United Kingdom
The DS Desks are composed of members of various Bars and of various nationalities and have been structured to assist our clients with entering markets and developing their business everywhere in the world.
DS Desks act as genuine commercial platforms for international exchanges between different jurisdictions across the world.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Administrative and public law
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs