Commercial property: Hull and East Yorkshire in Yorkshire And The Humber
Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP is noted for its expertise in complex projects in the retail, food and healthcare sectors, alongside substantial experience acting for port and dock operators. The group also handles option and collaboration agreements, property portfolio issues and renewable energy sector projects. Richard Mays and Paul Barker jointly lead the department; Mays counts retailers and developers as clients, and Barker has notable regional strength. Geoff Phillips has particular expertise in property acquisitions and disposals.
Richard Mays; Paul Barker
Other key lawyers:
‘The practice at Andrew Jackson exhibits detailed knowledge and understanding of its clients and the market‘.
‘Andrew Jackson provides excellent client service‘.
Associated British Ports
Carpetright plc/Storey Carpets Limited
Wykeland Group Limited /Bridgeland Developments Limited /Watergate Developments Limited
Bretby (GP) LLP/Centurion Asset Management Limited
Coopland & Son (Scarborough) Limited
The Sheffield Investment Company Limited
Greyhawk Propco No 1 Limited
Gleeson Regeneration Limited
- Advised Associated British Ports on its agreements with an international energy supplier, wind farm operator and developer for the laying of cables to facilitate the UK’s largest offshore wind farm.
- Assisted Associated British Ports with the Green Port Hull development, particularly the redevelopment and letting of Alexandra Dock.
- Acting for The Fruit Market on the development and letting of new-build and refurbished accommodation.
- Handled rollout agreements and leases for Associated British Ports for the development of substantial operation and maintenance facilities.
- Acting for Greyhawk on the acquisition and redevelopment of a property in the centre of York.
Under the leadership of property and real estate head Mark Teal, Gosschalks excels in acting for a wide range of clients with notable expertise in the pub, retail, leisure, public, agriculture and energy sectors. The group handles site acquisitions and assembly issues, construction contracts, planning issues, infrastructure work, and sales and disposals. Andy Bell focuses on the licensed retail and leisure sector, Charlotte Chilcott has expertise in landlord and tenant work and high street leases, James Houston acts for national retailers, and Justin Graves advises national public house landlords.
Ei Group Plc
Costcutter Supermarkets Group Limited
Moto Hospitality Limited
William Hill plc
Wellington Pub Company plc
Beal Developments Limited
Arnold White Estates Limited
Horncastle Group plc
MKM Building Supplies Limited
TFG Capital Limited
Massarella Catering Group
Motor Depot Limited
- Advising Age UK on its national acquisitions, disposals and lease renewals.
- Handling new site acquisitions and estate management transactions for William Hill Organization Limited.
- Assisting The Lords Feoffees of the Manor of Bridlington with the management of its property portfolio.
- Acting for TFG Capital Limited on several bridging finance transactions.
Chris Crystal heads up the practice at Rollits LLP, which stands out for its expertise in the food, education, retail, charity and agricultural sectors. The team also has substantial expertise in secured lending matters (a key area for Crystal), and handling the real estate elements of wider corporate transactions. David Hextall focuses on secured lending work and development finance issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘Rollits has a pragmatic and flexible approach to working with clients and ensures the client’s needs are the first and foremost priority‘.
‘Chris Crystal is a valuable asset and ensures the client’s interests are protected and that the overall objective is kept in sight‘.
Reckitt Benckiser plc
The Helmsley Group
Bishop Burton College
Hull City AFC/Allam Marine Limited
Lindum Group Limited
AAK International AB
- Advising a charity on estate planning issues and multiple real estate transactions.
- Assisting a property developer with its property portfolio.
- Assisting a client with securing the lease for its industrial headquarters.
- Acting for a client on a land acquisition for a new manufacturing facility.
- Handling a lease agreement for a retailer for a development site.