Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP’s litigation and dispute resolution team is led by Hugh Smith, who has a strong reputation in the region for handling commercial disputes, including shareholder and director disputes and professional negligence claims, among others. Other key practitioners include Nick Dean, who brings additional expertise in property litigation, and Mike Wilson, who has a broad commercial litigation practice that includes experience in contractual, corporate and insolvency litigation. Sarah Pether handles insurance and professional negligence disputes, and is another key contact in the group.
Commercial litigation: Hull and East Yorkshire in Yorkshire And The Humber
Other key lawyers:
Nick Dean; Mike Wilson; Sarah Pether
‘Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP provide clients with the quality available from city firms at provincial prices.’
‘Mike Wilson is a first-rate litigator, with particular experience in disputes involving ex-employees and ex-directors. His judgment and efficiency are superb.’
‘A very strong team.’
‘Mike Wilson is a solid negotiator.’
‘A good commercial firm with offices located in the North of England experienced in High Court litigation.’
‘Mike Wilson is a very sensible commercial litigator who impressed with his defence of serious allegations of fraud against one of his clients. He is likeable and friendly while astute and determined.’
‘The commercial litigation team at Andrew Jackson solicitors combine an impressive knowledge of the law with a practical and approachable way of working.’
‘Hugh Smith is a hugely experienced, knowledgeable and professional litigator.’
- Acted for a power station operator in relation to multi-million pound claims arising from the explosion of a steam generator at a power plant.
- Advised a major pig-farming business in relation to a £5m claim against a national supermarket chain following termination of a supply contract.
- Acted for the joint administrators of a Yorkshire-based timber importer in a £3.4m claim against its directors for breach of duty and related claims.
Gosschalks has an impressive commercial litigation team that handles a range of matters, including contractual, professional negligence, director and shareholder litigation, and property disputes. Beyond that, it also has a growing practice advising on compulsory purchase claims and contentious probate matters. Practice head Matthew Fletcher has significant experience handling construction and real estate disputes. Steve Dillon handles insolvency, banking, and shareholder disputes, as well as multi-party litigation matters, while Phil Osborne’s practice includes director and shareholder disputes, breach of contract, and professional negligence claims.
Other key lawyers:
Steve Dillon; Phil Osborne
‘Gosschalks LLP has a particularly strong commercial litigation team. We are constantly impressed by the strength and breath of the team who are as a group knowledgeable, agile and pragmatic and most importantly of all they understand us and our business.’
‘Matthew Fletcher is a stand-out, fantastic litigator. We view him as an opponent to be feared and would always prefer him on our team rather than anybody else’s. Considered and insightful and whilst being very intelligent is also highly commercial. Phil Osborne in particular is always on hand to support and provide excellent and competent advice.’
‘Very experienced team and always available when needed.’
Ei Group Limited
William Hill Group plc
Kingspan Group plc
KCOM Group Limited
DFDS Logistics Special Cargo B.V.
Wilko Retail Limited
Arnold White Estates Limited
C Spencer Limited
TFG Security Limited
Scientific Laboratory Supplies Limited
Vossloh Cogifer UK Limited
MKM Building Supplies Limited
Northern Trains Limited
Bridlington Harbour Commissioners
Ideal Heating Limited
Beal Developments Ltd
- Advised Crane & Staples and executors of the Coleman Estate, the claimants, in relation to a claim for undue influence and fraud obtaining a judgement of £3m plus indemnity costs.
- Advising Arnold White Estates Limited in relation to a judicial appeal claim against the Forestry Commission, decided in the Court of Appeal, concerning the implementation of a planning permission worth £15million at a development site located in Newton Abbot, Devon.
- Advising the joint administrators of O’Reilly Contract Scaffolding Limited on their £3.6m claim for compensation due to the disturbance and losses caused by the compulsory purchase of its property by Birmingham City Council.
Rollits LLP handles a range of commercial disputes, including those involving commercial contracts, shareholder and partnerships, and sale of goods and product liability. Practice head Chris Drinkall has a broad practice that includes property, contentious probate, and a wide variety of commercial disputes. Caroline Hardcastle has experience in the education sector and with construction disputes, while Ralph Gilbert covers a full range of commercial disputes, with a particular focus on disputes at the intersection of commercial and property-related matters.
Other key lawyers:
Caroline Hardcastle; Ralph Gilbert
‘This practice is extremely invested in understanding the client.’
Superstadium Management Company Ltd
Stoneacre Motor Group
J.R.Rix & Sons Ltd
Jordans & Co Ltd
Bonus Electrical Ltd
Colten Care Ltd
Goodwin Development Trust
Ideal Standard UK Ltd
Walker Modular Ltd