Corporate and commercial: Hull and East Yorkshire in Yorkshire And The Humber
Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP handles a range of local, national and international corporate transactions with particular expertise in the dairy and food, engineering, renewables and IT sectors. Andrew Funnell heads up the corporate group, which includes Nicholas Scott, and is complemented by the commercial law practice led by Marie Kell. The department works closely with its York-based corporate team, which includes corporate finance expert Philip Ashworth.
Bostonair Group (including Boston Energy)
Thompson Commercials Group
East Coast Construction (N.E.)
Henderson Insurance Brokers
John Good Group
Pickering and Ferens Homes
Green Oil International
- Acted for the sole shareholder on the sale of Locate Supplies to TW Metals sale.
- Advised on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Kenwick Park Hotel, Kenwick Estates and Kenwick Woods to Coppergreen Developments.
- Advised on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Westgate Motors to DM Keith.
- Assisted Burton Roofing Merchants with the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Brian Gow Roofing Warehouse.
- Acted for Northcoast Seafoods on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Ambassador Seafoods.
Gosschalks' team is singled out for its representation of local and national mid-market and SME clients, and regularly acts for housebuilders, construction companies and property developers, and caravan manufacturers and caravan holiday park operators. It also handles a range of banking, finance and security matters for corporate clients, banks and other alternative business lenders. Nigel Beckwith heads up the practice, which includes Andrew Tarbutt and Paul Plaxton, who have particular expertise in private equity fundraisings and corporate reorganisations respectively. James Phinn focuses on commercial contracts.
Ei Group Plc
Kingspan Group Plc
Shorewood Leisure Group
Massarella Catering Group
- Acting for Age UK on multiple acquisitions and disposals of retail outlets.
- Assisted ResQ with the negotiation and drafting of new client service contracts, including a contract with Vodafone.
- Advised TFG Capital on various bridging finance transactions.
- Advised a long-standing local farming family on its £10m sale of two on-shore wind turbines.
- Advised a group of high-net-worth individuals on an EIS investment in a start-up business.
Rollits LLP's team counts public and privately-owned companies, SMEs and joint venture vehicles as clients. John Flanagan heads up the practice and frequently assists clients in the education sector including several multi-academy trusts. The group's other areas of strength include handling food sector instructions (for which Julian Wild is a key name to note), and acting for social enterprises and family-owned businesses; Richard Field also handles matters in the charity sector. Nasim Sharf joined Wilkin Chapman LLP.
Allam Marine Limited
Hull City Tigers Limited
Rix Petroleum Limited
Donaldson Filter Components
Quickline Communications Ltd
The Retreat, York
AAK (UK) Limited
- Advised the selling shareholders on the sale of Barrowcliffe.
- Assisted the shareholders of Bell Internet with its sale.
- Advised Zubrance on a demerger of the its group structure to separate out two distinct businesses.
- Acted for Sangwin on its disposal to Ashcourt Group.