DFDL Legal & Tax's ability to leverage the expertise of lawyers and accountants makes it a leading choice for advice on strategic planning, transfer pricing, tax compliance and customs issues. In addition to having a team in Vietnam, the firm's wider offering across the region puts it on a strong footing to assist clients with cross-border issues. Tax director Lan Hua is experienced in matters such as investment structuring, international tax planning and tax controversies. Senior tax manager Phan Thi Lieu is also a key individual. Jack Sheehan, who is based in Laos, leads the regional tax team.
Tax in Vietnam
IBC Solar Energy
Liberty Global Transaction Solutions
Iatelier Vietnam Company Limited
- Provided Vietnamese tax analysis and tax structuring of EPC arrangement for IBC Solar Energy.
- Acted as underwriting tax counsel for Liberty Global Transaction Solutions and assisted on the buyer-side warranty and indemnity insurance policy’s negotiation and completion process.
- Advised on the Vietnamese VAT treatment of cross-border intercompany service activities forIatelier Vietnam Company.
Rajah & Tann LCT Lawyers is particularly active in contentious tax matters, particularly in the context of investigations by the Vietnamese tax authorities and appeals against their decisions. Chau Huy Quang, who heads up the team, has extensive experience of defending clients against the General Department of Taxation and local customs authorities. Trinh Minh Duc was recently promoted to partner.
Other key lawyers:
ATS Law Firm's team advises domestic and international clients on the tax aspects of corporate transactions, compliance issues and VAT, as well handling tax planning. On the contentious side, it is also experienced in representing clients in tax litigation and matters before the tax authorities in Vietnam. Leading the team are Vu Thi Thu Ha and Luong Nhi Ha, who has previous experience of working as a senior tax consultant at KPMG.
Olympus Medical Systems Vietnam Co., Ltd.
Tata Technologies Limited
Fpt Software Central Region Company
Aloe Trading Company Limited
- Advised Olympus Medical Systems Vietnam on corporate income tax issues.
- Advised Tata Technologies Limited on the tax implications of offering engineering services in Vietnam.
- Advised FPT Software on issues relating to corporate tax.
Baker McKenzie's team combines local market knowledge with an understanding of clients' international objectives to provide a full range of tax services. It advises multinational companies on domestic and international tax planning, compliance and tax controversies, as well as tax litigation, among other matters. Thanh Vinh Nguyen has previous experience of undertaking tax and consultancy work for two international accounting firms. Frederick Burke now serves as a senior adviser to the Vietnam offices.
Frasers Law Company has a strong track record advising multinational and global companies on a wide variety of tax issues. It is often seen as a first port of call in instances where clients are establishing branches in Vietnam, and it also excels in handling the tax aspects of M&A and project finance trasactions. Tax disputes are another driver of work for the practice, which is led by managing partner Mark Fraser.
ACSV Legal's private client department advises Vietnamese and international high and ultra-high-net-worth-individuals (and their families) on tax and regulatory issues in the context of estate planning, wealth structuring, family asset protection and corporate administration and compliance. The practice is led by Hieu Pham.
IDVN Lawyers has a first-rate reputation in international trade and customs-related matters, where it acts for both public and private bodies. Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao is an expert in anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard issues, among other areas. She jointly leads the team with managing partner and fellow trade specialist Dinh Anh Tuyet.
Trade Remedy Authority of Vietnam
Huada Zhejiang New Materials Co.,Ltd
Bazhou Jinwoshengdi Aluminum Products Co., Ltd
Bazhou Jinshangyi Metal Products Co.,Ltd
- Acted as the local counsel to law firm Morris Manning & Martin LLP to represent the government in the countervailing duty investigation on passenger vehicles and light truck tyres.
- Advised Bazhou Jinwoshengdi on developing its accounting system to satisfy requirement for an antidumping investigation.
- Defended Huada Zhejiang New Materials in the first administrative review of an antidumping duty order on colour coated steels.
LNT & Partners
LNT & Partners is highly skilled in contentious matters and regularly defends clients against the tax authorities in Vietnam. Recent mandates of note involved discrepancies surrounding corporate income and customs tax arrangements. Net Le, Thai Binh Tran and Xuan Thuy Nguyen are recommended.
- Successfully represented a dairy co-operative which supplies some of Vietnam’s leading dairy brands in a tax dispute.
- Successfully represented a US-based F&B multinational corporation in a tax dispute.
- Advised an oils and fats company on a tax dispute with the tax authority in Ho Chi Minh city in relation to the corporate income tax incentives applicable.
Vision & Associates, which attracts work from clients such as Bytedance and Turkish Airlines, advises on corporate tax, VAT, capital gains tax and import and export tax. Managing partner Le Quynh Anh jointly leads the practice with Dang Trong Hieu.
Yamani Dynasty Co., Ltd.
Padmac Vietnam Co., Ltd.
Turkish Airlines Inc.
Obayashi Vietnam Corporation
Diebold Nixdorf Vietnam
- Assists TikTok with full legal services.
- Assisted Turkish Airlines with full legal services in its daily operations.
- Advised Padmac Vietnam on minimising its tax burden.