Commercial, corporate and M&A in Ukraine
Aequo continues to build on its impressive client base for cross-border and high-value matters. Among its clients are Vodafone Ukraine, Google and Posco Daewoo. The 'skilled, experienced and client-oriented' practice is led by Anna Babych, who has expertise in domestic and international M&A and corporate governance, and managing partner Denis Lysenko, who has extensive experience advising foreign investors on cross-border transactions. The team is also a leader in the private equity space, with Dragon Capital and NCH Capital among its clients. Of counsel Oksana Krasnokutskaya handles M&A and corporate restructuring, and counsel Michael Lukashenko has expertise in private equity transactions.
‘Aequo’s team is professional, client-oriented, open and tight-knit. They are eager to solve all of their clients’ issues.‘
‘Anna Babych, Mykyta Polatayko and Tatyana Tishchenko are competent professionals who always have the interests of our company in mind.‘
‘Aequo’s corporate and M&A practice has an outstanding team of lawyers. They are exceptional in cross-border matters. The firm understands the pharmaceutical industry well and provides excellent advice.‘
‘Anna Babych is a great lawyer: very responsive and approachable. She understands our business needs and acts proactively.’
‘Michael Lukashenko is a solid specialist. He is a diligent and reliable lawyer.’
‘Oksana Krasnokutskaya has very deep expertise in corporate matters.‘
‘The take an individual approach to each client and each issue of the client.‘
‘They are not afraid to seek and offer custom solutions.‘
‘Aequo offers unique capabilities to look into legal cases from various angles, leveraging creativity and unconventional thinking in addressing companies’ needs. This team is ready to go beyond the standard approach of other firms and is ready to invest time and resources to support the client.‘
‘They always deliver, demonstrating strong commitment to the client as well as profound legal knowledge. Anna Babych and Michael Lukashenko provide outstanding service.‘
‘Client-oriented and focused on clients’ business needs. They are responsive and have a broad set of legal skills.‘
‘Anna Babych and Michael Lukashenko are outstanding.‘
‘Aequo has a good balance of speed and quality that is important in M&A, engaging as many consultants as needed.’
‘Aequo has a good reputation with our international partners.‘
‘Michael Lukashenko has good experience in M&A and a good sense of balance between seller and buyer when drafting documents that saves a lot of time.‘
‘Always ready to work long hours when needed with a professional and agile team. They are a very integrated team working in unison. The quality of legal advice and speed of responses is superb. They really understand our priorities and the way the business is structured.‘
‘We have been impressed by the team as a whole and particularly by Anna Babych, Michael Lukashenko and Aliona Aheienko.‘
‘All the team members are extremely hardworking and easy to work with. We value their attention and commitment a lot.‘
‘The team is responsive and efficient, showing a lot of diligence and taking care to get all the information correct in order to provide the most suitable advice.’
‘Michael Lukashenko is proactive in ensuring the client’s needs are met and efficient in getting the work done under tight timeframes.‘
‘The practice’s main distinguishing feature, in my opinion, is its deep involvement in the project, understanding of the essence of business, and partner participation throughout the project cycle.‘
‘Anna Babych takes part in absolutely all stages of the project. She not only oversees the practice but is fully involved in the project, working with the team and the client on all issues.‘
‘Mykyta Polatayko has a very strong background in the field of technology and understands the essence of business.‘
‘An excellent team, knowledgeable in the law and client experience, and hardworking.‘
Arricano Real Estate
- Advising Ipsos on Ukrainian law matters in connection with the acquisition of four global divisions of GfK’s custom research business.
- Advising Posco Daewoo on the acquisition of a majority stake in the grain export terminal in Mykolayiv Sea Trading Port.
- Advising Dragon Capital on the acquisition of a stake in Ciklum.
Arzinger 'has a real in-depth knowledge of Ukrainian and Central and Eastern Europe business law, and it is used to working with international companies on cross-border matters'. The firm has a strong track record in both domestic and cross-border transactions, including acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships in Ukraine and other European jurisdictions. Key contacts include managing partner Timur Bondaryev, who has expertise in the real estate and construction industries; Anna Zorya, who advises on M&A, joint ventures and corporate finance; and counsel Alesya Pavlynska, who focuses on advising German investor clients. Senior associate Viktoriia Dobrynska is also recommended.
‘The team consists of various well-trained lawyers who are able to explain complex legal issues to clients quickly and in such a way that non-legal persons can understand the particulars.‘
‘The firm is very good. I want to mark out Alesya Pavlynska as a very good and qualified lawyer.‘
‘The team is knowledgeable, solution-driven, service-oriented and responsive. They go the extra mile to achieve the client’s targets.‘
‘The firm has a high level of knowledge of Ukrainian corporate and tax law with practical advice ready for implementation.‘
‘Alesya Pavlynska is client-oriented, reliable and provides very high-quality legal support.‘
Investment Capital Ukraine
European Bank of Reconstruction and Development
Von der Heyden Group
Zeppelin International AG
LR Global Holdings GmbH
OSI International Holding GmbH
Leineweber GmbH& Co. KG (TM Brax)
- Advised Delta Wilmar CIS on the acquisition from investment fund Dragon Capital of its entire stake in Chumak, Ukraine’s leading producer of branded food products.
- Advised Nadra Ukrainy on the acquisition of the stakes of Eni and Cadogan Petroleum in the investment project on the exploitation of the Cheremkhivsko-Strupkivske gas field.
- Advised Yarych Confectionery on an investment deal with private equity fund Horizon Capital, whereby the latter acquired 49% of the group.
Asters' sizeable team is noted for its stellar corporate client base, which includes General Electric, Monsanto and Syngenta. Perhaps best known for its competition law practice, the firm is also a key player in large M&A and corporate restructuring transactions, as well as advising major businesses on day-to-day corporate matters. Armen Khachaturyan, who has expertise in the oil and gas sector, Oleksiy Demyanenko, who focuses on cross-border investments, particularly involving China, and M&A expert Vadym Samoilenko are the co-heads of the practice. Oleksiy Didkovskiy is highly recommended for his advice to international investors on major corporate acquisitions.
Irish Bank Resolution Limited (IBRC)
Quinn Properties Ukraine
Salini Impregilo S.p.A.
Sociedad de Centros Comerciales de España, s.a
- Advising GE Transportation on the execution of a $1bn framework agreement with Ukrainian Railways.
- Advised VR Capital Group on its acquisition of 50% of the outstanding shares in PVK Energy Investments from ICU Group.
- Advising Salini Impregilo on the restructuring of its Ukrainian assets and operations in connection with the disposal of Todini Costruzioni Generali.
Avellum has 'highly professional and extremely good negotiators' in a practice that has a prominent role in the largest domestic M&A transactions and also supports international law firms in global corporate deals. The firm also has extensive experience in deals involving private equity firms. Horizon Capital, Goldman Sachs and Concorde Capital are among its key clients. Mykola Stetsenko, who has experience in acquisitions, joint ventures, IPOs and corporate governance, leads the practice with Yuriy Nechayev, who focuses on M&A and private equity. Senior associate Andriy Romanchuk is recommended for his advice on commercial transactions.
‘They resolved our issue in a short period and were well-oriented in different matters.‘
‘Yuriy Nechayev and Andriy Romanchuk are highly recommended.‘
‘A unique practice given the in-depth knowledge and engagement of the partners and associates.’
‘Yuriy Nechayev and Maksym Maksymenko stand out as professional and extremely strong negotiators.‘
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
Investment Capital Ukraine (ICU)
Diligent Capital Partners
SM Invest Construction BV
Jacobs Dowe Egberts
- Advised the sellers on the sale of Smart Plaza Obolon, a newly constructed shopping and entertainment centre in Kyiv.
- Advised SM Invest & Construction on the sale of 100% of shares in the holding company owning the underlying assets to develop a 148MW solar power plant in the Mykolaiv region to Scatec Solar.
- Advised Groupe Atlantic on the acquisition of SST Group’s electric underfloor heating and water leakage control systems business.
Baker McKenzie, Kyiv Office has 'an excellent international reputation in Ukraine for first-class support in corporate transactions'. Practice head Viacheslav Yakymchuk has extensive expertise in cross-border M&A transactions and in advising private equity investors, while Olha Demianiuk is highly recommended for private M&A and equity capital markets transactions. The firm is a leading player in multi-jurisdictional deals under English law involving large corporates and private equity firms. Its recent work includes redomiciling holding companies with significant Ukrainian assets. Newly promoted counsel Andrii Moskalyk is also noted.
De Heus Animal Nutrition B.V.
State Property Fund (in consortium with EY)
- Assisting MHP with the acquisition of 90.692% of the issued share capital of Perutnina.
- Advising De Heus Animal Nutrition on establishing a joint venture through an investment in a Ukrainian animal nutrition business.
- Assisting Invitro with the sale of its Ukrainian laboratory operations to Medicover.
CMS has 'strong knowledge of the business sector and the applicable domestic and international regulations that is far beyond that of other law firms'. The firm has English law capability in Kiev and is a key player in complex, cross-border M&A transactions. The practice is led by Johannes Trenkwalder, who advises clients across the entire CEE/SEE region on their inbound and outbound M&A activities; Graham Conlon, who heads the international private equity group; Maria Orlyk, who is acting on a landmark project aimed at establishing a certifiable gas transmission system operator in Ukraine; and Tetyana Dovgan, who was promoted to partner in May 2019.
‘It shows commitment to the client and great negotiation skills, thoroughness in the assessment of documents and, last but not least, good command of the English language and of international market standards.‘
‘Tetyana Dovgan stands out for her commitment, expertise in M&A deals and availability.‘
‘Associate Vitalii Mainarovych shows thouroughness and commitment.‘
‘Vitaliy Radchenko shows leadership, attention to clients’ needs, commercial awareness, and great knowledge of the business sector and legal trends.‘
‘The firm has top-quality lawyers who are very commercial.‘
‘We like the personal attention of the highly qualified lawyers and the “hands-on” involvement of managing associates, counsels and partners.‘
‘It has a great combination of strong expertise in English and Ukrainian corporate law.‘
‘Graham Conlon is no doubt a heavyweight in corporate and M&A. With his calmness and strong argumentation, he is particularly good in any kind of negotiation.‘
‘Tetyana Dovgan is a guru of Ukrainian M&A. Her vast experience in this area, combined with persistence and diligence, guarantee success for the client.‘
The World Bank
Discovery Life Sciences
Energy Community Secretariat
EBRD, Horizon Capital and Invalda INVL
Main Gas Pipelines of Ukraine
- Advising the World Bank in connection with the ongoing process of Ukrainian gas transmission system operator unbundling.
- Advised Discovery Life Sciences, a global market leader in biospecimen analysis, on its European expansion.
- Advising the Energy Community Secretariat on the preparation of the Ukrainian gas transmission system operator unbundling model.
Dentons' practice is known for its innovative approach to the structuring of domestic and cross-border M&A transactions. Managing partner Oleg Batyuk has extensive experience advising international and domestic clients on joint ventures, foreign investments and capital markets, while Adam Mycyk's expertise includes privatisations and M&A. The firm handles a broad range of corporate and transactional work in sectors such as agriculture, energy, retail, financial services, technology, hardware and electronics, and chemicals. It is also recognised as a leading adviser on corporate governance, compliance, joint ventures and regulatory matters.
SMIS International Ltd.
TIU Canada Ltd
- Advised Nordex Group on the implementation of a $450m project for the construction, maintenance and supply of a wind farm with an installed capacity in the range of 250–330MW.
DLA Piper has 'an excellent team with very diverse experience and a client-oriented approach'. The team acts for international and Ukrainian clients in complex cross-border M&A transactions. It also handles business establishment, joint ventures, capital markets deals and corporate restructurings, as well as advising on general commercial and corporate governance issues. Newly promoted partner Alla Kozachenko now leads the practice, since Margarita Karpenko founded the firm's new employment and benefits practice. Galyna Zagorodniuk handles M&A and competition matters in key sectors including manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, hospitality and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG).
‘We appreciate the responsiveness and the direct, efficient and down-to-earth approach of DLA Piper. They also helped us to better understand, from a business perspective, the local legal environment, which is quite specific. They allocate resources in a responsible way, not overspending time when not appropriate.‘
‘The firm is easy to deal with and has a quick and professional manner.‘
‘Olena Martsynovska is responsive and open-minded and Anastasiya Bolkhovitinova is fast and responsive.‘
Jacobs Ukraine (JDE)
- Advised Perion Network on the acquisition of Ukrainian start-up Septa Communications, also known as Captain Growth.
Redcliffe Partners frequently handles high-value cross-border matters, including some of the most challenging transactions in Ukraine. The firm brings together specialists in competition law, finance, private equity and regulatory matters, as well as in-depth expertise in sectors such as agribusiness, energy, financial services, FMCG, energy, pharmaceuticals, retail and TMT. Head of energy Dmytro Fedoruk, head of corporate and compliance Rob Shantz and Zoryana Sozanska-Matviychuk are the key practitioners.
- Advised Saudi Agricultural & Livestock Investment Company (SALIC) on the acquisition of Mriya Agro Holding’s assets.
- Acted as Ukrainian counsel to Straco BVBA on the €120m acquisition of the Ukrainian subsidiaries of Greenyard.
- Advised Ukrnafta on the potential $1bn sale of its gas producing assets to Naftogaz of Ukraine.
Sayenko Kharenko lost key partner Oleksandr Padalka to Ilyashev & Partners but practice co-head Vladimir Sayenko remains highly active advising on M&A transactions, particularly with a cross-border element, while the 'creative, results-oriented' Oleksandr Nikolaichyk has expertise in areas including joint ventures, corporate finance and corporate restructurings. The 'completely client-oriented, easily accessible and highly professional' team has a stellar client base drawn from the agriculture, financial services, FMCG, insurance, IT, media and retail sectors, including large international corporates and private equity firms. Counsels Sergiy Kazmirchuk, who has experience in corporate matters in the banking and insurance sectors, and Dmytro Korbut are also recommended.
‘I would say they are always ready to take on the most challenging tasks and to come up with results in an impressively short time. The team is always available and ready to deliver thorough advice and practical solutions. Having a wide range of expertise allows them to address complex legal issues.‘
‘Dmytro Korbut delivers the highest quality legal advice and services. He has an outstanding ability to produce excellent results in extremely short timelines. The business effectiveness of his advice could not be overestimated.’
‘Oleksandr Nikolaichyk has some of the strongest expertise on the market in relation to corporate governance in state-owned banks.‘
‘Oleksandr Nikolaichyk is well known as transactional lawyer and strong business-minded negotiator.’
‘Mykhailo Grynyshyn is also notable in a team of strong professionals with deep expertise who are highly engaged.‘
‘They are very commercially minded and always aim at making deals happen. During transactions it seems that there is no issue which they cannot resolve. They are excellent at negotiating transaction documents and highly client-oriented.‘
‘Oleksandr Nikolaichyk is very commercially oriented and pragmatic. It seems like there is no transactional issue Oleksandr cannot resolve.‘
‘Ilhar Hakhramanov is extremely knowledgeable in M&A transactions and has excellent negotiation skills.‘
Elbrus Capital Funds
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Henkell & Co. Sektkellerei GmbH
Mriya Agro Holding
Orexim Group (Orexim)
VR Global Partners L.P.
- Advising Mriya Agro Holding on its successful debt restructuring and the subsequent sale of the business.
- Advising Greenyard on the $137m disposal of its horticulture segment to Straco BVBA.
- Advising Bergner Group on the acquisition of a majority stake in a Ukrainian distributor.
EY Law is well versed in both local and cross-border matters with a strong track record in M&A transactions in a diverse range of sectors. The practice led by Albert Sych works closely with the firm's corporate finance, transaction services and tax departments to handle large and innovative projects, including the unbundling of Ukraine's gas supply network in accordance with domestic and EU legislation. Horizon Capital, the International Finance Corporation and Naftogaz of Ukraine are among its key clients.
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Fusion Capital Partners Assets Management Company
International Finance Corporation
Naftogaz of Ukraine
Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority
- Advised Rozetka on its merger with EVO.
- Advising Naftogaz of Ukraine on the contemplated restructuring of its group, known as unbundling.
- Advised Horizon Capital on its acquisition of a minority stake in Intellias from the founders of the business.
Ilyashev & Partners hired the experienced Oleksandr Padalka from Sayenko Kharenko to further strengthen its corporate and M&A practice, which is led by Mikhail Ilyashev and Roman Marchenko. The firm is known for its 'efficient, commercial and client-focused advice' and its work includes advising on outbound investments by Ukrainian companies, the exit of foreign investors from Ukraine and inbound investments by large corporates. It handles a good flow of corporate structuring and restructuring, M&A, share deals and shareholders’ matters. The 'very experienced' Yevgen Solovyov is now a partner and counsel Leonid Gilevich is recommended.
‘Leonid Gilevich provides excellent client service and commercial advice. We highly recommend him.‘
‘The firm provides strong follow up, effective client support and dedication to project success.‘
‘The firm provides effective personal relationships, excellent availability and strong competence.‘
‘Mikhail Ilyashev managed all our issues from the Ukrainian side. He is a great deal maker.‘
‘I have had a great collaboration experience. The firm has many specialists with a deep understanding of commercial realities and industry knowledge.‘
‘I recommend Mikhail Ilyashev and Roman Marchenko as two of the best lawyers in the market for any corporate issues.‘
‘I find the firm to be extremely dynamic and professional. I appreciate the reliability, prompt attention, preciseness and high professional level of the firm’s lawyers.‘
‘Mikhail Ilyashev is a creative and business-minded leader when engineering complex schemes. When you work with Mikhail, you trust him immensely. If I have a difficult problem requiring thoughtful analysis and judgement, he is my first and only call. He really focuses on the interests of his client.‘
‘Ilyashev & Partners has covered the full spectrum of corporate and M&A work for our groups of companies. The team is very knowledgeable and probably one of the best in the market. They put a lot of effort into being one or two steps ahead.’
‘Mikhail Ilyashev is very highly regarded in Ukraine. He is one of the leaders in this field. He has knowledge in a wide range of areas which is quite remarkable. Mikhail is someone who comes up with innovative arguments. He has a lot of energy and drive to succeed.‘
‘Yevgen Solovyov did a fantastic job.’
‘Vyacheslav Sytyi has great patience and technical legal skills.‘
‘Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm has proven itself as a professional, reliable partner, with a team of high-level specialists, strong experience and organisation.’
‘Ilyashev & Partners provides highly qualified services and achieves positive results. This firm has an outstanding customer service culture. Its teamwork, conscientiousness, pride for the firm and optimism bring the company together.‘
‘Roman Marchenko is a talented specialist and manager who always achieves the desired result for the client.’
‘Mikhail Ilyashev is always up to date with our projects, he keeps everything under control and is always in touch with us.’
‘Leonid Gilevich is a very talented man, we really appreciate his analytical skills!‘
‘Leonid Gilevich is very competent and knowledgeable across the entire range of corporate and commercial law issues. I really like how he was focused and dedicated.‘
‘A large multi-functional team for any type of task and project complexity. Easy access to partners, responsible lawyers, extensive experience in supporting international transactions.‘
‘Mikhail Ilyashev and Roman Marchenko are a real dream team, top-level professionals. I like their attitude to complex tasks, they always take on the challenge and find a solution.‘
International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Auchan Retail International
JV Poltava Petroleum Company
Sun-Tech Innovations LLC
The Yael Group
- Advising BTA Bank Ukraine on the reorganisation of its banking business through a spin-off and the creation of a new legal entity in Estonia.
- Advising GrainCorp on complex corporate and commercial matters and the impact of Russian sanctions.
- Advising the joint venture Poltava Gas and Oil Company on issues related to the payment of dividends of $23m to its parent company, Poltava Gas.
The practice at Integrites grew significantly last year with the arrival of a team from Jeantet. Illya Tkachuk is one of the new arrivals and he leads the practice with energy sector expert Oleksiy Feliv. The firm has a growing workload in M&A, corporate advisory and governance matters, and joint venture transactions. It acts predominantly for international companies on cross-border matters, which recently included a multibillion-dollar joint venture partnership involving a state-owned Ukrainian enterprise. Besides the energy sector, it is also active in the pharmaceuticals, construction, healthcare, retail and IT sectors.
‘Illya Tkachuk is a resourceful and helpful lawyer for a wide range of corporate matters.‘
‘The team is highly commercial and has provided sound advice not only on legal matters, but also on negotiations and managing relations to sellers and their advisers.‘
‘Illya Tkachuk has provided excellent advice, together with Oleksiy Feliv from the energy practice. They are highly skilled in their field and have excellent negotiation skills.‘
‘We like that Integrites knows our sphere (mineral resources) and can provide business-oriented advice. We do not need to explain the basics of our business.‘
‘We have worked with Illya Tkachuk and his team for many years. He has strong legal knowledge and he is very proactive and innovative. This helps us in finding the best business solutions.‘
‘What makes the co-operation special is that the firm becomes a real business partner, whose perspective is broader than just a legal opinion.‘
‘The firm has great experience, and is efficient and client-oriented‘
‘Working with the corporate and M&A team at Integrites was my pleasure. They are experienced and knowledgeable, responsible and proactive. They deliver business-oriented solutions and are very skilled negotiators.‘
‘Illya Tkachuk is an experienced corporate legal expert. He is very efficient and has a deep understanding of our business.‘
Savencia Fromage & Dairy Europe
- Advising independent European wind farm developer and operator Eurocape/LongWing on a corporate restructuring related to the construction of the first 98MW phase of a planned 500MW wind farm in Ukraine.
- Advising NBT on acquisition of the project company with the potential and lease rights to develop the 750MW Zophia wind farm.
- Advised NBT and Total Eren wind farm developers on the acquisition of a Ukrainian SPV holding project rights related to the construction of a 250MW wind farm worth €372m.
Counsel Iryna Nikolayevska leads the practice at Kinstellar, which advises large Ukrainian and multinational companies on cross-border transactions, as well as acting for international financial institutions in matters of corporate governance and market regulation. Head of energy and natural resources Olena Kuchynska frequently handles M&A, equity capital markets and privatisation transactions in those sectors. Among the firm's high-profile clients are Naftogaz of Ukraine, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), British American Tobacco and Syngenta.
Naftogaz of Ukraine
IFC/World Bank Group
British American Tobacco
Wizz Air Hungary Kft.
State Property Fund of Ukraine (SPFU)
- Advised the supervisory board of Naftogaz of Ukraine and its committees on the legislative regulation of the energy sector.
- Advised the EBRD on the corporatisation and enhancement of the corporate governance practices, regulatory and legislative frameworks of Ukrposhta, the Ukrainian national postal operator.
- Advising British American Tobacco on corporate, competition, data protection, compliance and legislation drafting matters.
Lexwell & Partners is praised for its 'prompt feedback, flexibility, timeliness, respect for the client's opinion and deep professional experience'. The practice led by counsel Igor Nagai provides a broad range of corporate advice to clients at all stages of their development, from local Ukrainian companies to multinational corporations. It is highly regarded for its work in key sectors including energy, construction, automotive, metallurgy and pharmaceuticals.
‘Andrei Kolupaev is a very reliable lawyer, he makes good suggestions and achieves excellent results.‘
‘I consider this team to be a very professional and successful. They are very focused and attentive to details. They met all our expectations and are able to provide efficient solutions in each specific case.‘
‘Andrei Kolupaev ensures the top quality of the services provided. His advice is very effective and right to the point. He is a very reliable and smart professional.‘
‘The team is very strong. It demonstrates deep expertise and provides the best results. A holistic and business-oriented approach is the team’s key strength.‘
‘Andrei Kolupaev and Igor Nagai are very good professionals. Both provide top-quality advice and the best value due to their deep expertise and holistic approach.‘
‘Andrei Kolupaev provides top-quality legal expertise, strategic thinking and a professional approach.‘
‘Lexwell’s main advantages are its deep involvement in its clients’ business processes and the super-professionalism of the team.‘
‘Andrei Kolupaev is one of the greatest Ukrainian lawyers I have ever worked with. Igor Nagai and Zhanna Gariacha also deserve a mention. All of Lexwell’s team show excellent knowledge of Ukrainian law.‘
‘The whole team is extremely skilful but Andrei Kolupaev particularly stands out due to his strong skills as well as his client-oriented approach.‘
PHV (Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger)
Summit Motors Ukraine
- Advised ING on acquiring a substantial shareholding in ING Bank Ukraine.
- Advised Isuzu Motors and Sojitz Corporation on the acquisition of the Isuzu distributor operating in Ukraine.
- Advised CRH on the $5m-plus acquisition of a logistics terminal.
NOBLES is known for its 'flexible and quick turnaround of urgent matters' and ability to 'gather together a team dedicated to a specific project at very short notice'. Volodymyr Yakubovskyy, who assists international companies and major Ukrainian industrial groups with M&A and other cross-border investment matters, and German-qualified partner Alexander Weigelt are the key practitioners. Its recent work includes handling cross-border deals for an international airline, an Asian technology company and a major UK retailer.
‘We enjoyed great support from Volodymyr Yakubovskyy. He was able to provide us with very fast support. He organised and personally attended meetings at a very short notice. Overall, he provided extremely fast and professional support, with excellent command of English and profound knowledge in the pharmaceuticals industry.‘
‘The firm provides practical advice and can work to very tough deadlines.‘
‘Alexander Weigelt and Volodymyr Yakubovskyy are ready to provide assistance in a timely manner. It is always easy to reach them and their advice is always practical.‘
The practice at PwC Legal is 'very capable, supportive and client-focused'. The firm is best known for its expertise in tax matters, but it also handles the structuring of high-value cross-border M&A transactions. Its work includes due diligence, taxation and structuring advice, regulatory compliance audits, deal negotiation and post-closing support. Andrey Pronchenko, Oleksandra Kostrytsia and Alexey Katasonov lead the practice. They count major companies such as Ikea and Development and Construction Holding among their clients.
‘With their in-depth knowledge and experience in M&A projects, the PwC team was able to accompany us throughout the process and provide a solution to all questions. The quality of the work is excellent.‘
‘Alexey Katasonov has a lot of knowledge about the local challenges.‘
Development and Construction Holding
Guala Closures SPA
Private Joint Stock Company “Ukrhydroenergo”
- Advised Continental Farmers Group on the $242m acquisition of the largest Ukrainian agricultural group.
- Advised the majority shareholder of Dyckerhoff Cement Ukraine during a squeeze-out procedure.
- Assisted Ukrhydroenergo with the formulation of its corporate governance code.
SDM Partners LLC is praised for providing 'unparalleled organisation, attention to detail and thoroughness, combining deep experience, a pragmatic approach and the ability to find creative solutions'. Dmytro Syrota and Serhiy Dzis lead the practice, which assists businesses of all sizes in M&A transactions and provides day-to-day corporate advice. Bringing together specialists in competition law, funds and investment management, insurance, private equity and public policy, the practice frequently handles complex domestic and cross-border M&A deals.
‘SDM Partners always offers value-added advice and is very efficient in negotiations. The team consists of exceptional attorneys and has a high level of integrity.‘
‘Dmytro Syrota is a very pragmatic and co-operative attorney with a risk-oriented mindset. He always demonstrates in-depth knowledge. Dmytro provides professional judgement and is unafraid to take a stand even in tight situations.‘
Vasil Kisil & Partners 'is very responsive and knowledgeable, and its advice is very business-friendly'. The firm handles large domestic and cross-border M&A and restructuring matters in key sectors such as agriculture, real estate, TMT, banking and finance, retail, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, transport and infrastructure. Volodymyr Igonin leads the practice, in which corporate and finance specialist Alexander Borodkin and competition law and M&A partner Anna Sisetska are recommended. Mondelez, Mitsubishi Corporation and Metinvest are among the team's high-profile clients.
‘Aleksander Borodkin provides excellent advice on lease agreements and the registration of new legal entities.‘
Mellanox Technologies (USA, Israel)
Ternopil Milk Plant, PrJSC which operates under the trademark “Molokija”
Roman Holding (Cyprus)
Amadeus Marine (Ukraine)
Bauer Media Group (Germany)
Camozzi Holding S.p.A. (Italy)
DanoneArcona Property Fund N.V.
- Advised on the restructuring of the partners’ shareholdings in the holding company controlling Ukrainian telecoms operator Intellecom.
- Advised LNZ Group on the acquisition of a group of companies with the lease rights over around 8,500 hectares of agricultural lands in the Cherkasy region.
- Advised on the corporate restructuring of the LNZ Group.
The practice at Wolf Theiss consists of 'very competent, experienced and reliable lawyers' and works 'in a highly efficient and effective manner'. The firm has been active advising on both inbound and outbound investments in a range of sectors, including banking, insurance, renewable energy, mining and agriculture. Taras Dumych leads the practice, which frequently works with other offices in the firm's European network to handle global M&A transactions. Munich Re, Rent24 and China Electronics Technology Group are among its key clients.
‘Wolf Theiss Ukraine clearly understood the objectives of the engagement, the milestones and the timeliness of our project. The lawyers possessed strong knowledge of substantial and procedural law, The tasks were completed in a timely and agreed manner. The work was efficient and the delivered product was of good value.‘
‘Taras Dumych has a proactive approach and excellent legal skills, and is both flexible and solution-oriented.‘
Take Two Interactive Software Inc.
Schlatter Industries AG
China Electronics Technology Group Corporation
Johnson Controls International
- Advised Munich Re on the sale of its insurance subsidiary in Ukraine.
- Advising Rent24 on the acquisition of and joint venture with a Ukrainian partner, Chasopys.
- Advising Altopork on the intra-group corporate restructuring resulting from the cross-border merger of its Cyprus shareholder with a Latvian entity.
LLC “Deloitte & Touche Ukrainian Services Company”
LLC “Deloitte & Touche Ukrainian Services Company” has 'a top-notch commercial, corporate and M&A team that stands out for its responsiveness, business-oriented approach and deep legal knowledge'. Dmytro Pavlenko leads a practice that handles M&A, vendor due diligence, contractual and licensing matters, and corporate governance issues for large domestic and international companies. Its recent work includes the preparation of corporate agreements between international shareholders of Ukrainian limited liability companies to comply with new legislation.
‘Viktoriia Sydorenko is a star of the Ukrainian legal market. Her attention to detail and communication make her a “go-to” lawyer for commercial, corporate and M&A issues.‘
‘The team consists of versatile specialists with excellent command of Ukrainian legislation. The results provided are of impeccable quality, based on profound research and explained in detail. They are knowledgeable professionals.‘
PrJSC “Ukrainian Railway”
- Advising Ukrainian Railways on corporate governance.
ECOVIS Bondar & Bondar Law Bureau
ECOVIS Bondar & Bondar Law Bureau has taken an increasingly active role in high-value deals, notably in the aviation sector. It also regularly advises on infrastructure and real estate projects, though corporate governance and transactional matters for clients in the aviation market remain its key areas of focus. Oleg Bondar and Oleksandra Nikitina recently assisted with the development of rules governing Ukraine's aviation industry. Among their clients are Ukraine International Airlines and Interavia.
Ukraine International Airlines
EnGarde Attorneys at Law
EnGarde Attorneys at Law's corporate law and M&A department is known for its advice on domestic law. Its work includes pre-M&A due diligence procedures, intra-group M&A transactions, corporate restructurings and business ventures with foreign investors. The key partner is Andriy Vyshnevsky who has extensive experience in M&A deals and corporate takeovers.
Agro-Life GmbH (Germany)
Scania Credit Ukraine LLC
Fujifilm Electronic Imaging Europe GmbH
BroadGrain Commodities Inc.
Hazera Ukraine LLC
- Assisted German company Agrolife with purchasing a Ukrainian agricultural business with a major land bank and a plant producing mixed cattle feed.
- Advised Scania Credit Ukraine LLC on the requirements applicable to its charter in accordance with the new Ukrainian law on limited liability and additional liability companies.
- Assisted Fujifilm Electronic Imaging Europe with the reorganisation of its executive body, the establishment of the supervisory board and the development of its management structure.
The corporate practice at Eterna Law has been active advising on projects in the conventional energy and alternative energy sectors. It also handled matters in areas such as IT, where its work included advising on initial coin offerings, cryptocurrency trading, venture investment and start-up sales. It is also active in the infrastructure sector, handling projects related to rail, road and port development, as well as advising companies in the agricultural sector. Oleh Malskyy is the key partner. The team in Kiev works closely with the firm's other offices in Moscow and Kazakhstan.
Ukrainian State Roads Agency
- Advising the beneficial owner of a large vodka holding on restructuring and M&A matters.
- Advising a Malaysian investor on the possible acquisition of VTB Bank Ukraine.
- Advised IT company CoreValue on the sale of a group of companies to an investment fund.
EVERLEGAL is described as 'one of the most client-oriented, fast and efficient firms' in the market, and is well known for its work on M&A deals in the energy, IT, agricultural and FMCG sectors. Renewable energy projects featured strongly in the team's workload last year, particularly for key client UDP Renewables. Practice head Yevheniy Deyneko and the 'highly qualified and results-oriented' Andriy Olenyuk, who is the firm's lead energy and natural resources partner, are the key practitioners.
‘EVERLEGAL is a reliable partner with perfect experience in corporate law, M&A and energy.‘
‘I would like to single out Andriy Olenyuk as particularly good because he provides approachable, solutions-based advice. Every issue concerning alternative energy which is handled by him assures us of his reliability and high level of competence.‘
- Advising UDP Renewables on the sale of several solar power plants under development in the Kiev region of Ukraine to Acciona Energy.
- Advising UDP Renewables on the sale of a 50% stake in a solar power plant project under development in the Odessa region of Ukraine to Slovakian company E‑Group.
- Advising UDP Renewables on the sale of a 75% stake in a number of solar power plant projects under development in the Odessa region of Ukraine to Acciona Energy.
Evris is active in the agriculture, infrastructure and energy sectors, with its work ranging from setting up new businesses to post-acquisition support. It also handles transactions in the emerging IT and e-commerce sectors. Another key strand of its work is the acquisition of non-performing loan portfolios from the Deposit Guarantee Fund, as well as from banks and other financial institutions. Practice head Sergiy Benedysiuk specialises in M&A, real estate, corporate law and competition matters, and his team assists Ukrainian clients and foreign investors with joint ventures and acquisitions, corporate governance and the structuring of investments.
Volterra Energy Group LLC
- Advised Volterra Energy Group on the acquisition of two solar plants in the Odessa region.
- Advised a group of private investors on the acquisition of a share in the project and on setting up a joint venture for the construction of a large grain terminal in the Odessa region.
Attorneys’ Association Gestors
Attorneys’ Association Gestors handles the establishment of new businesses - including insurance companies, investment companies and banks - as well as business liquidation, M&A, shareholder agreements, securities law, corporate governance and restructuring. Managing partner Andriy Tsvyetkov and Vitalii Makhinchuk, who both handle corporate matters and litigation, are the lead partners. They count McDonald’s Ukraine, Roche Ukraine and Czech company Ospro MB among their clients.
McDonald’s Ukraine Ltd
Ospro MB (Czech Republic)
Roche Ukraine, LLC
Grayston & Company Sprl
Culpepper IP, LLLC
- Advised McDonald’s Ukraine on a preliminary servitude agreement and participation in negotiations over construction on the adjoining land plot, which is used by the enterprise with foreign investment.
- Advising Donetskoblgaz on the negotiation and approval of an agreement on the lease of gas-separating systems or their parts with the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine.
- Assisting Czech company Ospro MB with the registration of a representative office in Ukraine.
GOLAW has a 'deep understanding of the international legal framework, as well as the particularities of Ukrainian legislation, which is especially important for foreign companies entering the Ukrainian market'. The practice led by Sergiy Oberkovych and Max Lebedev acts for large and medium-sized domestic and foreign companies, banks and financial institutions, as well as private investors doing business in Ukraine. It mainly handles cross-border matters for both Ukrainian and international businesses and is known for its 'diligence, professionalism and expertise'.
‘The GOLAW team is very professional and business oriented. They are able to select and follow a winning strategy.‘
‘The firm’s lawyers assisted us in developing a winning strategy that helped us to save time and to launch our project on time and in accordance with our planned budget.‘
‘Max Lebedev is a top lawyer with a unique combination of commercial acumen and deep legal knowledge. Max is strategic thinker and an absolute pleasure to work with. He always acts as a competent negotiator, and is very practical and readily available for our assignments.‘
Georgian International Energy Corporation
Gap (Fiba Retail Group)
Marks & Spencer (Fiba Retail Group)
Česká exportní banka, a.s. (ČEB)
Export Guarantee and Insurance Corporation (EGAP)
- Assisted Georgian International Energy Corporation with due diligence and the purchase of shares in the joint venture for a 22MW solar power plant.
- Assisted with the due diligence of a $10m, 10MW solar power project for TIU Canada.
- Assisted Kundan Group with due diligence and the purchase of a 10MW solar power project.
Hillmont Partners LLC has been increasingly active in high-value cross-border transactions. Though small, the firm is rapidly growing its international client base, which currently includes AlixPartners, Trident Acquisitions and Foxtrot Group. Practice heads Oleksandr Ilkov and Taras Tertychnyi, along with key partner James Hart, bring their finance expertise to bear when handling due diligence and high-value M&A projects. The team is known for advising foreign investors on setting up and acquiring assets in Ukraine.
Foxtrot Group (Sav Distribution)
National Democratic Institute
International Foundation for Electoral Systems
Jeantet lost its lead corporate partner Illya Tkachuk to Integrites but it retains an experienced practitioner in managing partner Bertrand Barrier. Senior associate Olga Babiy joined from Groupe Crédit Agricole and brings experience in corporate and financial matters to the team. The firm acts for small, medium-sized and large foreign investors looking to buy agricultural assets, as well as handling large cross-border investments in key sectors such as aviation, energy, retail and infrastructure.
‘It has unique expertise in public procurement projects with cross-border financing.‘
‘Bertrand Barrier is very client-oriented and provides timely and efficient support.‘
‘Energy sector expert Oleksiy Soloviov has particular expertise in public procurement projects and related regulatory issues.‘
- Advising Stereau (Saur Group) on the potential procurement of project design and construction works by the Mariupol city authorities under the terms and conditions of an intergovernmental agreement between France and Ukraine.
- Advised Airbus on the sale of 55 helicopters outlined in an international agreement between France and Ukraine.
- Advising Parker Drilling on the corporate, finance, labour and regulatory issues relating to the launch of its business in Ukraine.
KPD Consulting Law Firm
KPD Consulting Law Firm has 'strong professionals in cross-border corporate and commercial issues' and clients recommend practice head Vitaly Patsyuk as 'always ready to help in any situation and really good at his work'. The team has been active assisting clients with changes to corporate law in Ukraine and the deregulation of limited liability company activity, including corporate management rules and the responsibilities of officials. The firm counts Ukrainian food producer TerraFood, Lithuanian company Linas Agro and US company Diebold Nixdorf among its clients.
‘We receive perfect service for a good price.‘
‘KPD Consulting is very strong in cross-border transactions and highly motivated.‘
‘Vitaliy Pastyuk is a very experienced lawyer with strong knowledge of the law and practice. He is always accessible and responsible for us as the clients.‘
‘KPD’s team is very professional in M&A transactions and corporate restructuring and gives unique and tailor-made solutions for any situation.‘
‘Vitaliy Patsyuk is a highly recommended professional in the area of commercial, corporate and M&A work, with a strong background in cross-border transactions and a creative mind for non-standard solutions.‘
Linde Material Handling GmbH (Kion Group AG)
Linas Agro (Lithuania)
Kiev Real Estate Recovery Fund
KEE Otto Feustel Libal Schumacher Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB (Germany)
Diebold Nixdorf (USA)
Development Construction Holding – DCH (Ukraine)
Solum LLC (Piraeus Bank Group (Greece))
Werner Wirth GmbH (Germany)
- Advised Diebold Nixdorf on a corporate restructuring matter involving changing the head of the representative office in Ukraine; changing the management board of its Ukrainian subsidiary; changing the corporate governance structure; and harmonisation with the new law of Ukraine.
- Advised Solum on the implementation of new corporate standards, requirements and instruments under the new laws of Ukraine.
- Acted for Retail-Service as the seller of 100% of its authorised capital.
KPMG Law in Ukraine
KPMG Ukraine provides multi-disciplinary support in complex M&A deals, covering legal, tax and financial due diligence, legal and tax structuring, anti-trust clearance and deal closure. Best known for its expertise in tax, the firm regularly advises on structuring cross-border transactions in a tax-efficient manner. It has also been active in the renewable energy sector, advising foreign investors on their entry into the Ukrainian market through acquisitions. Head of tax and legal Sergey Popov, head of legal services Yuriy Katser and head of tax advisory Oksana Olekhova are the lead practitioners.
- Advised a leading international contract research organisation on the possible acquisition of a Ukrainian developer.
- Advised Codelouf on the development of a dividend repatriation solution.
Lavrynovych & Partners Law Firm handles international agreements on the acquisition and sale of assets, corporate restructuring, privatisation and the creation of legal entities with foreign capital. Among its clients are banks, financial institutions, agrarian enterprises and IT companies, including MoneyGram and First Ukrainian Transport Logistic Company. Managing partner Maksym Lavrynovych is the key contact.
First Ukrainian Transport Logistic Company
Mahaseel for Foods
Asotra – Internationale Speditions- und Transport-Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
- Advised on the termination of the representative office of Etransa Speditions.
- Advised on the termination of the representative office of Asotra – Internationale Speditions – und Transport.
- Advising Bursatelier on starting a hotel business, building a hotel, and joint investment activities.
More than half of the work of Moris Group is accounted for by M&A transactions, both domestic and cross-border. It acts for Ukrainian and international companies, banks and financial institutions, often in partnership with international law firms. Maryan Martynyuk, who 'has strong business expertise and understands the client's business from A to Z', heads the team of six dedicated associates in Kiev. Among his clients are the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, Hyundai and Ukrlandfarming.
‘I can characterise the Moris Group team as a unique and experienced team of like-minded people.‘
‘They get into your business and fix everything that needs to be fixed. They review all the business processes and optimise them, as well as controlling all legal issues, which is very convenient for the stakeholders.‘
‘Maryan Martynyuk is a lawyer with a high level of professionalism and availability.‘
‘I would really recommend Maryan Martynyuk as a pro in corporate law.‘
Persha Pryvatna Brovarnia
Orthodox Church of Ukraine
- Advised the Orthodox Church of Ukraine on the creation of a religious centre.
- Advised on the restructuring of the CemIn West group of companies.
- Advising on a legal model for the establishment and operation of the Ukrainian National Startup Fund.
Law Offices of OMP
Law Offices of OMP has 'a very responsive and ethical team with diligent and smart lawyers'. The firm has four main practitioners in managing partner Mykola Orlov, whose broad practice covers corporate law, IP, tax and litigation; Yaroslav Sverdlichenko, who handles joint ventures and land matters; Igor Ogorodniychuk, who focuses on the healthcare sector; and Kyrylo Levterov, who specialises in the agricultural sector. The firm is regarded as a leading adviser to agricultural companies and private landowners on a range of corporate and litigation matters.
‘The OMP team have proven themselves as innovative, creative and highly professional experts with unrivalled legal sectoral expertise, flexibility and adaptation to the requirements of my business.‘
‘Igor Ogorodniychuk and Mykola Orlov stand out. The firm has a strong team with a clear understanding of how to provide support in different situations.‘
‘It has the ability to clearly understand clients’ needs.‘
‘It provides deep analysis and proposes different ways of resolving existing issues.‘
Dedov Agro holding
Alpen Pharma AG
Bausch Health (Valeant)
- Advising on the development of OMP Marketing, a platform for sharing information in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Advising Crown Agents on its agreements with the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine for the purchase of medicine and medical products.
- Advising Liki24 on the launch and operation of the platform for the search and delivery of medicine.
PETERKA & PARTNERS LLC
The team at PETERKA & PARTNERS LLC 'always keeps to the highest standards'. The 'hardworking and flexible' practice led by Taras Utiralov acts for a diverse range of clients, including Alcatel – Lucent, Regus Group and Polpharma. The firm handles M&A transactions, corporate governance, finance, business reorganisation and liquidation, and a range of other corporate issues in key sectors such as automotive, aviation, energy, pharmaceuticals, retail and transportation.
‘The team is very knowledgeable of the corporate landscape.‘
‘I found the team at Peterka easy to deal with, easy to contact and their level of response was excellent. Queries were dealt with in a timely manner and there were no delays in getting information to enable us to make well-informed decisions.‘
‘The attorneys are professionals, always ready to provide you with advice and consultancy. They are time flexible with huge knowledge of the local legal situation and background, which is very important in their country.‘
‘Always approachable and the advice they provide is through.‘
‘Taras Utiralov provides understandable, thorough answers in good time.‘
‘Fast responses, exceptional fulfilment of tasks. They understand our needs.‘
Mammoet (SHV Holdings)
Nutreco (SHV Holdings)
Alcatel – Lucent
- Advising Mammoet Ukraine on corporate and commercial issues regarding infrastructural reconstruction in Kiev.
- Advising a Nutreco subsidiary regarding the payment of dividends.
- Advising ACO Industries on various corporate issues, in particular advisory on statutory changes and change in management.
Quantum Attorneys is described as 'capable and creative in M&A deals'. Lead partners Maksym Adrianov and Volodymyr Vorobiov advise domestic and international businesses across various industries, with a particular focus on acting for financial institutions and companies in the IT, fintech, e-commerce, private equity, fashion and cosmetics sectors. Adrianov mainly handles the structuring of venture capital investments. Devine Cosmetics and Neuromation are among the team's key clients.
‘The firm is unique due to its niche offering and experience in the start-up, tech, IT and fintech areas.‘
‘Maksym Andrianov is very good. He has vast experience in dealing with complex matters in tech/IT, always seeking to offer practical and workable solutions, and he has very good business acumen.‘
‘We like the personal attention of highly qualified lawyers.‘
‘They are “hands-on”, providing personal service from senior qualified lawyers.‘
OSA group of companies
Polar HPS Solutions
- Advised Ukrainian payment system Mossst Payments on structuring relationships between shareholders for the main operational financial company in Ukraine, establishing a payment institution and money transmitter services provider and further entering the EU and US markets.
- Advised a manufacturer and operator of e-car charging stations on the establishment of a commercial presence in Ukraine and entering partnerships with relevant industry participants.
- Advising Neuromation throughout its development, from the formation of the concept through to fundraising and its establishment as an AI development service provider.
SPENSERS has been active in a range of sectors, acting for IT and software developers, agricultural and manufacturing companies, investment companies and private investors. Its work includes business acquisitions, investment projects, start-ups, business establishment and pre-IPO matters. Managing partner Valentyn Zagariya and head of corporate and M&A Igor Chernyshenko oversee the practice.
Arendt & Medernach
- Advised Ukrainian plastics and industrial chemicals producer Depsol Technologies on a cross-border sell-side M&A deal relating to selling a shareholding in the company to a Spanish investor.
- Advising a shareholder of a sunflower refining plant in relation to the illegal deprivation of his interest by a hostile takeover.
Andriy Kravets & Partners
Corporate and M&A transactions represent a key area of work for Andriy Kravets & Partners, which acts for Ukrainian and international clients in transactional and advisory matters. Practice heads Andriy Kravets and Vladyslav Lyaskovskiy have substantial expertise in local and cross-border transactions, including the structuring of joint ventures with private and state-owned companies.
Bio Hlib, LLC
Ukrainian Agro-Insurance Company
- Advised Bio Hlib on a range of corporate matters.
- Advised Astarta Group on a range of corporate matters.
- Advised Ukrainian Agro-Insurance Company on a range of corporate matters.
Ante Law Firm
Ante Law Firm is particularly active in the aviation and pharmaceutical sectors, in which it is regarded as one of the leading advisers on day-to-day corporate matters. Among its key clients are Air France, Qatar Airways, Sanofi-Aventis and Lufthansa Group. The practice led by Roman Storonskiy and senior associate Kateryna Ishchenko handles the registration and liquidation of representative offices, the opening of new branches, changes in management and corporate structuring.
Council of Europe Office in Ukraine
Sanofi-Aventis Ukraine LLC
Omega-Pharma Ukraine LLC
Qatar Airways Representative office in Ukraine
- Advised on a corporate relations audit of the national television channel in Ukraine for the Council of Europe office in Ukraine.
- Advising Avialiga, Technomedex Group, World of MICE, Interline Aero and Zdravo on a new corporate structure and charter edition due to the new Ukrainian law on limited liability companies.
- Advising Qatar Airways on all corporate matters in Ukraine.
Antika Law Firm
Antika Law Firm is highly regarded in areas such as competition law and energy transactions, but its flow of general corporate work is also picking up. It handles the establishment, reorganisation and liquidation of companies, business restructuring, corporate governance matters, shareholders' agreements, M&A transactions and permitting matters. Alexey Kot and Alexander Burtovoy are the lead partners.
Cadogan Ukraine Holdings Limited (Subsidiary of Cadogan Petroleum Plc)
Henkel Bautechnik (Ukraine), LLC
Advokátska kancelária Officium KB s. r. o.
AWT Bavaria, LLC
AWT Bavaria – Dnipropetrovsk, PJSC
- Advised Cadogan Ukraine Holdings on its withdrawal from the treaty on joint investment and production activity on extracting hydrocarbons and the assignment of its interest in production licences owned by Westgasinvest.
- Advised Henkel Bautechnik on its capital increase.
- Advised AWT Bavaria on issues related to the implementation of its new corporate management structure.
Axon Partners' 'level of professionalism is exceptional and so is the way they communicate with their clients'. The practice is led by Oksana Kobzar in Kharkiv, Yura Kornaga in Lviv and, in Kiev, Denys Beregovyi and Bogdan Duchak. Focused predominantly on the IT sector, the firm assists new small businesses with incorporation and general corporate matters, as well as assisting them as they expand and, ultimately, initiate IPOs.
‘Axon deeply investigated our needs and all possible issues. Yuriy Kornaga in Lviv acted very professionally as a representative of our company. He was very trustworthy for all the sides of the process.‘
‘The firm provided good research in the early stages and solid execution of the task. It has a good understanding of clients’ needs.‘
‘Being extremely humane, modern and easy to deal with makes Axon Partners a unique law firm. Every matter they manage or engage in is meticulously studied and analysed down to the smallest level of detail.‘
‘Overall, it was an exceptional experience. I had the pleasure of working with Bogdan Duchak, who is smart, intelligent, calm yet confident, which I believe is highly important for a lawyer. I appreciate his ability to constructively discuss topics, see the big picture from different angles and move things forward. He is a great person to work with.‘
‘Axon Partners provide with us with advice on time and often of a preventative nature. The main unique quality of the team is their client-oriented and innovative approach.‘
‘We are pleased to work with Bogdan Duchak as he provides the most effective solutions for our business within a short period of time.‘
Very Good Security
Compatel Ukraine LLC
Innovataion Park UnitCity
Drozdov & Partners Architect Bureau
Go Beauties Studio
- Advised on the incorporation of US IT start-up Data Intelligence Lab.
- Advising Unit.City Innovation Park on corporate issues, business structuring and tax planning.
- Advising on the incorporation of phosphatide concentrate manufacturer Lecital Group.
At DLF attorneys-at-law, practice head Dmitriy Sykaluk assists foreign clients doing business in Ukraine. The team has developed a niche in advising foreign SMEs, though it also acts for a growing number of listed corporations and their subsidiaries in Ukraine. Many of its clients are from German-speaking countries, though its recent work includes advice to a US-based chemical manufacturing company.
Leitz Instrumenty Ukraine (part of Leitz GmbH Group)
- Advised US company FMC Corporation on the liquidation of its representative office in Ukraine.
- Assisted German company Aluplast with amendments to its charter according to the provisions of the new law on LLCs in Ukraine.
- Assisted IT company AERTiCKET with adopting a new version of its charter according to the new law on LLCs in Ukraine.
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners maintains a relatively small practice in Kiev, but Oksana Ilchenko and Ilona Zekely, who now works mainly from Moscow, still handle a significant flow of work, frequently involving Russian clients. The team also assists European companies with setting up operations in Ukraine.
EUCON Legal Group
At EUCON Legal Group, 'each team member has unique expertise and a client-oriented approach. Yaroslav Romanchuk is the key partner in Kiev who focuses on corporate law, business restructuring, asset protection, international tax and customs law, and transfer pricing. His clients are international and domestic companies in diverse sectors including energy, food, agriculture, telecoms, and investment and finance.
‘I want to emphasise the professionalism and wealth of experience of its attorneys. The company is a reliable legal adviser which helps to successfully conduct business not only in Ukraine but also abroad.‘
‘Yaroslav Romanchuk provides quality commercial, corporate and M&A services. He has accompanied many successful projects, knows how to help foreign companies entering the Ukrainian market, and advises Ukrainian companies on entering European markets.‘
‘The team members have great experience of working both in the state authorities and in private practice, which helps them to understand the other side and to build effective communication with the state authorities to provide clients with a clear vision of projects.‘
‘The proactive approach of each team member and 24/7 communication help to keep all projects up to date.‘
Green Peaks Technology
- Advising recycling company Derotex on the sale and purchase of corporate rights.
- Advising a Polish company on its exit from the Ukrainian market and on the process of buying and selling corporate rights.
- Advising Centrolab on its exit from Ukraine and on the process of creating a company.
Gramatskiy&Partners is 'legally creative and absolutely professional'. The firm has a strong client base in the real estate and construction, transportation, engineering, logistics and hospitality sectors. 'Irreplaceable legal consultants' Ernest Gramatskiy and Yegor Ignatichev, who head the practice, frequently advise on share transfers, corporate governance, structuring and restructuring, and intra-group transactions.
‘Ernest Gramatskiy, Denys Boginich and Igor Reutov are highly competent, focused on the assignment and always client-oriented.‘
‘We have worked with Gramatskiy & Partners for many years. We are fully satisfied with their competence.‘
‘Mykola Voitovych organises all the communication and gets affairs going. He is a highly professional lawyer, with great experience, and is flexible, attentive, and client-oriented.‘
- Advising PJSC Cuvcif Republic on the transnational restructuring of its corporate assets.
- Advised on the sale of the corporate rights in the authorised capital of T-Smart.
- Advised on the annual shareholders’ meetings of Golden Mandarin’s intragroup joint stock companies.
The 'experienced professionals' at Gryphon Legal advise on business planning, investment, corporate governance and corporate structuring. 'Natural leader' Igor Lynnyk heads the corporate, commercial and M&A practice, and is praised for his 'strong negotiation skills, especially in difficult situations'. Managing partner Helen Lynnyk is also recommended. The firm has a strong domestic client base, notably in the financial services sector.
‘A distinctive feature of the team is its methodical approach to solving problems of any complexity and taking into account the requirements of the client. This makes the Gryphon Legal Law Firm team one of the best on the market and proves its reliability.‘
‘The advantages of Gryphon Legal Law Firm over its competitors are its extensive experience in providing services, its knowledge of the intricacies of business in various fields and an individual approach to each client. These qualities distinguish the company, and make it a reliable partner for any business.‘
‘We note the high level of the team’s professional skills and their quick response to requests in different spheres.‘
‘The firm has a high level of professionalism and the ability to comprehensively analyse and predict issues, tracking national and foreign trends and their operational application.‘
‘Helen Lynnyk is always confident in her actions and clearly acts to achieve positive results. Her skills instil confidence and determination from the first communication. As a leader, she takes care of the team, focusing on the development of emotional intelligence.‘
‘Igor Lynnyk has strong negotiation skills, especially in difficult situations where it is very important to achieve understanding and consensus. Igor knows the behaviour style of an effective manager and successfully practises it. He is always friendly and open to communicatation.‘
‘A team with experienced professionals who know the subject well. They get the best results in corporate governance consulting, the reorganisation of enterprises, and interaction on behalf of the client with state bodies.‘
‘Helen Lynnyk has an ability to understand the problems of the client and to offer a worthy solution that meets both the requirements of the client and the current legislation.‘
‘The integrity, transparency and honesty of the team is what makes it stand out. The team’s expertise is well known and recognised in Ukraine. The team has undergone due diligence by international organisations confirming its honesty and competence.‘
‘The team of Gryphon Legal is experienced and effective. They impressively handle different complex corporate matters.‘
‘What makes the Gryphon team unique is its very thorough and meticulous approach to solving the problem. They start with comprehensive research which leaves no stone unturned, analyse all the available information and potential risks, and then develop the most creative business models which are easy to implement. All their solutions facilitate the growth of the business.‘
‘Due to their permanent monitoring of all the changes in the legal and regulatory framework they are always one step ahead when it comes to risk assessment and risk mitigation.‘
‘All team members are friendly and work very consistently, and constructive discussions are encouraged.‘
‘Olena Lynnyk is a true leader. She understands the fabric of the organisation, its internal processes and the people who work there. All that enables her to build an effective and efficient team. With her smartness and confidence she herself is a very charismatic person.‘
‘Igor Lynnyk is a natural leader. He brings structure into his team’s work and thus makes many things happen. On the one hand he is capable of making bold decisions; on the other hand he is very responsible, reliable and thoughtful. For many of his people he is definitely a role model.‘
‘We selected the Gryphon team as our advisers because of their deep expertise in many industries and practices.‘
‘They do their best to understand each business case and industry context and are ready to provide out-of-the-box solutions. The set of expertise they offer is complementary. That allows them to mobilise their knowledge and skills from across the different parts of the company.‘
‘All their solutions are underpinned by scrupulous research. All team members have an eye for detail. It enables the Gryphon team to identify potential risks and prevent them rather than search for ways of minimising the losses.‘
‘The team is very client-oriented. They always understand our priorities and the urgency of certain issues, and are ready to adapt to our ever-changing situations.‘
‘The team always works as one and their cross-functional interaction is amazing.‘
‘Olena Lynnyk combines legal expertise, understanding of the sectors in which she operates, and teamwork. Her understanding of the people side of the business is amazing. She manages a very efficient team.‘
‘We enjoy working with Igor Lynnyk. He has always been able to advise and assist. Igor is highly competent, with a deep understanding of a wide range of finance-related issues. I was amazed at his ability to handle large-scale investment projects and find the most unexpected solutions.‘
‘The firm’s reactivity, quick understanding of our requests and needs, speed in delivering the work and excellent interpersonal contacts stand out.‘
‘Olena Lynnyk is really good in both strategy development and its practical implementation. She is client-oriented.‘
‘Igor Lynnyk is professional, client-oriented and understands local concerns, fast.‘
Alfa Bank PJSC
Pivdennyi Bank PJSC
Pivdeniyy Bank Group
Federation of Trade Unions of Ukraine
Rehionalni elektrychni merezhi
Tekom – Lease
Tekhno – Finance
Trust Pay System
- Advised Viva Capital, part of the LNZ agroholding, on corporate governance and compliance.
- Advised MSB Finance, part of the Avec Group, on corporate structure compliance and M&A.
- Advised Composite Factoring on corporate structuring and compliance with the requirements of corporate and financial legislation.
ILF Law Firm
ILF Law Firm has 'very good knowledge of local law and administrative procedure'. The firm handles corporate structuring and restructuring matters, as well as M&A, and is active in diverse sectors including healthcare and IT. Kiev office head Kateryna Zaslavska oversees the practice, while Sergey Silchenko leads the business consulting department. The firm has a strong domestic client base that includes BASF Ukraine and IT company Datamind.
‘Senior associate Aleksandra Nezhelskaya is a lawyer with an excellent knowledge of real estate law and great understanding of the economical background of business processes.‘
‘The firm has a diverse practice with knowledge in all areas and a special focus on labour topics. It provides perfect service for reasonable fees.‘
‘Employment partner Sergey Silchenko, who has an emphasis on labour and commercial topics, is probably the best labour lawyer in Ukraine.‘
‘Senior associate Arsen Buchkovskyi is always customer oriented and ready to provide advice almost any time, with very good knowledge of contractual and commercial law.‘
BASF Ukraine LLC,
Communal non-profit enterprise of Kharkiv oblast council «Oblast Specialised Children’s Home Hippokrat »
Sneg na golovu
- Supporting the reorganization of hospitals in two Ukrainian regions (Cherkasy and Sumy oblasts with a population of 2.4 million) within the framework of an agroholding’s CSR project.
- Supporting the reorganization of 20 hospitals in Odesa Oblast and the city of Odesa.
- Acts as legal adviser on all legal issues related to the implementation of an investment project in Ukraine for a European manufacturer of laminate, fibreboard and particleboard.
Odessa-based Jurline has been active in significant corporate transactions in the logistics, transportation, agriculture and shipping sectors. Volodymyr Zubar's practice handles the acquisition, merger, sale and restructuring of businesses, many of which have cross-border interests. It also advises on corporate governance, internal policies, shareholder negotiations, privatisation, tenders and auctions. Clients praise its 'client-oriented approach and great experience'.
‘Volodymyr Zubar always offers excellent strategic decisions.‘
Illichivsk Grain Terminal
Fontan Sky Shopping Centre
- Acted for the buyer in its $160,000 acquisition of a grain company.
- Advised an Israeli real estate company on due diligence for the construction of the Unity Towers residential complex.
- Advised the developer on matters related to the construction of a residential complex in Arcadia.
KM Partners is best known for its tax practice but it also advises a diverse client base on domestic and cross-border M&A, investments and corporate structuring. Maxim Oleksiyuk is the sole partner and his practice includes advice on due diligence, shareholders' agreements, corporate and tax structuring, post-merger integration, the registration and liquidation of companies, and licensing matters.
Legal Alliance Company
Legal Alliance Company has a stellar client base in the pharmaceutical industry, which it assists with a wide range of corporate matters, also drawing on the firm's expertise in employment law, data protection and regulatory issues. Practice heads Oleksii Bezhevets and Dmytro Aleshko count Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline and Reckitt Benckiser among their clients. The firm has extensive experience in representing clients in the life sciences sector in public takeovers, private M&A, disposals and corporate restructurings, as well as assisting with general commercial, antitrust and corporate governance issues.
‘The firm has a high level of expertise in pharmaceutical industry regulation.‘
‘The firm provides a high level of professional engagement and is focused on solutions.‘
‘We appreciate the high level of professionalism, well-coordinated teamwork and focus on customer needs.‘
‘I especially want to mention the professionalism and involvement of Dmitry Aleshko.‘
Boris Medical Clinic
Contrad Swiss SA
Jadran Galenski laboratorij d.d.
- Advising Boehringer Ingelheim on a range of corporate matters in Ukraine.
Oleksandr Peremezhko & Partners has been active in significant M&A transactions in a diverse range of sectors, acting for large domestic companies and the local offices of international brands, among which are Sharp Electronics Ukraine and Ukrainian Film Distribution. Oleksandr Peremezhko heads the 'bright and quick-witted' team, which is praised for its 'comprehensive and well thought-out advice', and handles due diligence, corporate structuring and restructuring, real estate acquisitions, merger clearance and property management matters.
‘The level of service at Oleksandr Peremezhko and Partners is truly remarkable. Over the years, the firm has without a doubt proved to be the right choice and a reliable partner. Their commercial, corporate and M&A team is unique, because it is well integrated with other firm’s practices, which makes its advice effective.‘
‘Oleksandr Peremezhko leads the advice and always keeps his finger on the pulse.’
‘Lidia Sokolova is bright, knowledgeable and reliable.‘
Topex Ukraine LLC
Takeda Ukraine LLC
Astrazeneka Ukraine LLC
Chayka Studio LLC
Ukrainian Film Distribution LLC
Sia Artforms Production
Kooperativ Mind LLC
Bursatelier Development LLC
Sharp Electronics Ukraine LLC
Gino Cerruti UA LLC
Artforms Production Ukraine
IPR Group – Patent And Trademark Attorneys Bureau
Consulting For Retail
Torhovyi Dim “Rei”
- Advised a client on the sale of 50% of its shares in the company which owns the Kvadrat shopping centre in Kiev.
- Advised a client on the sale of his shares in a Ukrainian company which owns a large real estate asset in Kiev.
- Advised a co-owner of the Gino Cerruti fashion brand on entering the Ukrainian market.
Ostin Law Firm
Ostin Law Firm is praised for its 'client-oriented approach and innovative solutions in difficult situations'. The firm is active in due diligence, share and asset transfers, the structuring of M&A deals, shareholders' agreements, corporate restructuring and privatisation. Managing partner Yevgeniy Porada is described as 'a guru in cross-border M&A deals'. Among the team's clients are Nova Poshta, Intellias, Commercial Industrial Bank and Noble Capital Partners.
‘I am very grateful to the OSTIN Law Firm team for their professionalism and high-quality services.‘
‘Yevgeniy Porada is a wonderful person and a professional in legal affairs.‘
‘Whatever we ask him for, Yevgeniy Porada knows the answer and how to handle the deal.‘
Commercial Industrial Bank
Ukrainian Agriculture Stock Exchange
Noble Capital Partners Limited
Dolgoff Collection Group
- Advised Ukrainian IT company Intellias on an agreement to attract a private equity fund managed by Horizon Capital as a minority shareholder.
- Acted for Commercial Industrial Bank in a merger with another bank.
- Acted for Noble Capital Partners in the acquisition of assets in the energy industry.
Pavlenko Legal Group
Pavlenko Legal Group is experienced in business structuring, corporate disputes and M&A transactions, as well as providing advice on competition and tax law. 'Brilliant lawyer and excellent strategist' Denis Maistrenko and the 'bright, dedicated' Anna Hryshchenko are the lead partners in a team of 'outstanding lawyers with excellent knowledge of the industry who show attention to detail'. They are active in domestic and cross-border transactions in the agriculture, banking, IT, e-commerce, fintech, pharmacy, real estate and retail sectors.
‘The commercial, corporate and M&A practice is very strong in this firm. They provide an individual approach and close support at all times.’
‘The most important factor is the team’s high level of professionalism, deep involvement in the deal, passion for achieving the desired result and use of unusual instruments.‘
‘Denis Maistrenko is always in constant motion, trying to solve our problem in the most efficient way.‘
‘Anna Hryshchenko is responsible and willing to listen to the client’s wishes and fulfil them. We like that Anna has good practical experience and realises effective ideas in our deals.‘
‘Daria Stadnyk is a young but extremely talented lawyer, communicative and ready to help.‘
- Advised Aleksandr Morozov on the sale of shares in the holding company as a shareholder of the lottery company Patriot.
- Advised Eridon on the acquisition of the corporate rights of Atlantic Farms and Atlantic Farms II and shares in the company Kyiv-Atlantic Ukraine.
- Advised the Eridon group of companies on acquiring the corporate rights of Iskra Agricultural Company and Soyeva Sfera and shares in Yanenkivskij Stud Farm.