Commercial, corporate and M&A in Tunisia
Adly Bellagha & Associates
Cabinet Donia Hedda Ellouze
Eversheds El Heni (a member of Eversheds Sutherland) has 'strong M&A capabilities' and, drawing on its international network, is noted for its cross-border corporate and commercial expertise, as well as its knowledge of restructuring and regulatory matters. Farès Koussay El Heni is 'proactive, extremely available, flexible and accommodating' and is advising Rina on a large corporate, M&A and restructuring project in Tunisia. Mejdoub Soundès is also a key figure, as is Mohamed Raouf El Heni.
‘Very accommodating, responsive and timely.‘
‘It has strong M&A capabilities.‘
‘Farès Koussay El Heni is proactive, extremely available, flexible and accommodating.‘
Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- Advising Pathé Gaumont on a corporate, M&A and restructuring project.
- Acting for Emerson on a corporate, M&A and restructuring project.
- Assisting Infor with a corporate, M&A and restructuring project in the software industry.
The 'excellent' team at Ferchiou & associés handles a range of commercial, corporate and M&A mandates and also has expertise in related regulatory matters. Restructuring transactions, employment work and real estate-related matters are also a key feature of the practice, while the energy, oil and gas sectors are other core strengths. Amina Larbi is experienced in foreign investments, M&A, projects and real estate matters and senior managing partner Noureddine Ferchiou is noted for transactional work.
CROWN MAGHREB CAN
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringher LLP
Simmons & Simmons
- Advising Lesaffre on the acquisition and post-acquisition of Rayen Foods Industries, the sole producer of yeast in the country.
- Assisting Nokia with its merger with Alcatel Tunisia, which included handling the tax and corporate aspects of the integration of Alcatel-Lucent, as well as advice relating to the integration strategy in Tunisia.
- Advised Paysafe on a questionnaire for payment solutions for online gambling operators.
Meziou Knani & Khlif
Ben Salem Law Firm
At Bennani & Associés LLP, Tunis office head Lamia Harguem handles a range of corporate and M&A matters and is experienced in foreign investments, joint ventures, contractual and PPP mandates. The team has been engaged on several international tenders in the infrastructure and renewable energy space. With offices across Morocco, Algeria and the Ivory Coast, the team is well placed to handle cross-border transactions.
IQVIA (previously IMS)
Cassa Depositi e Prestiti (CDP)
Enel Green Power
- Assisted Enel Green Power with its participation in a tender process relating to 500MW solar projects in Tunisia.
- Advised FRV on its participation in a tender process relating to a solar project in Tunisia.
- Acted for Vestas on its participation in a wind project in Tunisia.
Caid Essebsi & Ben Salem Associés Law Firm is well known for its transactional expertise, and is particularly active in foreign investment mandates, particularly across the renewable energy, and oil and gas sectors.
Chafter Raouadi Law Firm
Chafter Raouadi Law Firm is active across a range of corporate, commercial and M&A mandates for domestic and international clients. Competition, tax, restructuring, real estate and insurance are key areas of expertise.
El Ajeri Lawyers is noted for its cross-border expertise across corporate, M&A, private equity, contractual and restructuring mandates. The healthcare, pharmaceutical, automotive, logistics, energy, IT, distribution, retail, and banking and financial services sectors are key focuses for the team. Corporate and M&A specialist Mohamed Lotfi El Ajeri is 'extremely reliable, competent and results-orientated'.
‘All the cases on which we have worked together with El Ajeri Lawyers have been handled with extreme seriousness and meticulousness.‘
‘Mohamed Lotfi El Ajeri is extremely reliable, competent and results-orientated.‘
EL KARAMA HOLDING
- Advised El Karama Holding on the sale of public participations in the capital of several companies.
- Acting for Attijari Finance on M&A and restructuring matters.
- Assisted Upsat Group with negotiations concerning the sale of three entities held by the group.
Global Lawyers North Africa in partnership with Gide Loyrette Nouel is able to handle cross-border mandates and regularly acts for overseas investors by leveraging its international network; Samy Laghouati in Algiers and Paris-based Jean-Gabriel Flandrois, are key members of the team, as is Tunis-based associate Anis Jabnoun. Advising Alshaya Group on the establishment of the first H&M and Starbucks stores in Tunisia was a notable highlight. Merger control issues are also a key focus.
Merck & Co.
- Advising Merck on the restructuring of its subsidiaries in Tunisia and across Africa.
- Assisting BPCE with the sale of its majority stake in Banque Tuniso Koweitienne to an overseas, non-resident bank.
Kammoun & Kallel
The 'very professional' team at Kammoun & Kallel provides 'fast responses' and stands out for the 'quality of advice' given. M&A transactions are a mainstay of the practice and it has experience in privatisation instructions. Ahmed Kallel is experienced in Algerian business law and also has key expertise in foreign investment and PPP mandates. Mohamed Kammoun, who is a 'very efficient and knowledgeable lawyer', handles corporate, M&A and insolvency work and is experienced in retail sector instructions.
‘Precise and helpful advice.‘
‘Mohamed Kammoun is a very efficient and knowledgeable lawyer.‘
‘The very professional team provides fast responses and quality advice.‘
Al Karama Holding
Filin (Marzotto Group)
Poulina Holding & Amen Group
- Advised Bouchamaoui Group on the establishment of a cement factory in Gabes, Tunisia.
- Acted for Meninx Holding on the structuring of the retail division of Meninx Holding’s private labels.
- Assisted Al Karama Holding with the sale of public holdings in the capital of Al Baraka.
The 'excellent' team at Zaanouni Law Firm & Associates is noted for its experience in business law and handles a range of transactional mandates for clients across the real estate, shipping, tourism, manufacturing and aviation sectors. The group is regularly instructed by domestic and international clients on projects in Tunisia and across the region where managing partner Mohamed Zaanouni is particularly experienced.
Honoris United Universities
First Food Services Tunisia « FFST » (Burger King franchisee)
Yazaki Automotive Products Tunisia
Philip Morris International
- Advised Christine Confection on its listing on the Tunisian Stock Exchange.
- Assisted Airbnb with its potential launch in Tunisia.
- Advised Nuovo Pignone International on the acquisition of an oil and gas licence in Tunisia.