Allen & Overy (Thailand) Co, Ltd assists corporates and private equity funds across the full range of deals, particularly in the financial services, retail, energy, real estate and telecoms sectors. The practice acts for domestic and international clients on some of the largest M&A transactions in Thailand. Pratice head Suparerk Auychai has considerable experience in handling high-profile M&A transactions. Noparat Kaewsringarm focuses on corporate finance, public takeovers, private acquisitions and disposals and joint ventures, while counsel Chris Burkett advises on public and private M&A, as well as general corporate matters.
Firms in the Spotlight Corporate and M&A
Blumenthal Richter & Sumet Ltd.
Our corporate and commercial team is at the center of our practice, advising international clients and local companies on their investments in and outside of Thailand. We combine rapid decision-making with deep sector knowledge and experience to advise clients through every stage of the business lifecycle, from company establishment and business expansion to exit strategies.View Profile...
Corporate and M&A in Thailand
Allen & Overy (Thailand) Co, Ltd
International Power S.A.
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited
Liu Chong Hing Investment Limited
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Hatton Capital Partners / NR Instant Produce Public Company Limited
Nirvana Daii Public Company Limited
Ua Withya Public Company Limited
Chailease Capital (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Goldman Sachs (Asia) LLC
- Advised Tesco plc on the $10.6bn sale of the entire interest in its businesses in Thailand and Malaysia to C.P. Retail Development Co., Ltd., which is held by CP group entities, following a competitive sale process.
- Advised International Power S.A. (a subsidiary of Engie S.A.) on the $90m sale of its 40% equity stake in PTT Natural Gas Distribution Co., Ltd. in Thailand to Stock Exchange of Thailand listed Gulf Energy Development Public Company Limited.
- Advised Thai Union Group Public Company Limited on the acquisition of the controlling equity stake in Red Lobster Master Holdings, L.P. from Golden Gate Capital, an American private equity firm based in San Francisco, with the Golden Gate stake acquired by Thai Union, Seafood Alliance (a newly formed investor group), existing management investors, and a newly-created trust for the benefit of current and future Red Lobster management.
Baker McKenzie LLP
The ‘very capable and detail-oriented' practice group at Baker McKenzie LLP advises clients across various industry sectors on private and public M&A, joint ventures and partnership agreements, as well as corporate restructurings. Peerapan Tungsuwan advises on M&A transactions in the healthcare, life sciences and natural resources sectors, and co-leads the firm’s Japan Advisory Group, where she acts for major Japanese clients in Thailand and ASEAN region. The team also includes Sorachon Boonsong, Sivapong Viriyabusaya, Kitipong Urapeepatanapong, Pornapa Luengwattanakit and Jakkarin Bantathong, all of whom collectively head up the practice group. Boonsong and Viriyabusaya act for clients in cross-border M&A transactions across the insurance, real estate, manufacturing, energy and telecoms sectors.
‘The team at Bake McKenzie is very capable and is a detailed oriented team. Their team take our problem and concerns with a heart which is very comforting especially when they are dealing with problems that could have significant consequences on my behalf.’
‘Diverse, great amount of industry experience and knowledge.’
‘Sumet Orsirivikorn – an outstanding corporate lawyer and has great insight into insurance and corporate laws in Thailand. Our firm works very closely with him and his team and have been very pleased with the support provided to date.’
‘Full collaboration among the team and also through the customer, always double check and fully support in all matters.’
MK Restaurant Group Public Company Limited
KT Restaurant Co., Ltd.
Electricity Generating Public Company Limited
ICON Framework Co., Ltd
K.E. Group / ALLY Leasehold Real Estate Investment Trust
PTT Oil and Retail Business Public Company Limited
Gulf Overseas Investment Trading Corporation
Vimut Hospital Holding Company Limited
- Acted as Thai counsel to advise Altimeter Growth Corp. on its merger with Grab Holdings Inc., Southeast Asia’s largest ride-hailing company, to be listed on the Nasdaq, valuing Grab Holdings at approximately $39.6bn.
- Assisted PTT Oil and Retail Business Public Company Limited with due diligence on the target companies and advised on the structure of the target companies.
- Assisted LINE Man (Thailand) Company Limited on its merger with Wongnai.
Linklaters advises Thai and international companies on a broad range of corporate matters, including public and private M&A, joint ventures, corporate restructuring and foreign ownership structures. Wilailuk Okanurak, who heads up the practice group, leads on some of Thailand’s most high-value M&A transactions, and managing partner Pichitpon Eammongkolchai acts for clients on corporate matters across the retail, consumer and real estate sectors. Sutthipong Koohasaneh is noted for his expertise in public and private M&A, takeovers, foreign investment and corporate matters.
Active Capital Company
Aditya Birla Group
Ares SSG Capital Management
Asean Industrial Growth Fund Pte Ltd
Ascend Capital Co., Ltd.
Bangkok Bank Pcl
Charoen Pokphand Food Public Company Limited
Charoen Pokphand Group
Emerging Markets Investment Fund 1A
Global Power Synergy Company Limited
Gulf Energy Development Public Company Limited
Gunkul Public Company Limited
KASIKORNBANK Public Company Limited
Krungsri Finnovate Co., Ltd.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group International Limited
Maxim’s Caterers Limited
Minor International Public Company Limited
Morgan Stanley Private Equity
Osotspa Co., Ltd.
PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited
PTT Global Chemical Public Company Limited
RATCH Group Public Company Limited
The Siam Commercial Bank Public Company Limited
SC Capital Partners Group
Sheffield Wednesday Football Club
Siam Makro Public
SCB Life Assurance Public Company Limited
SCB 10X Co., Ltd.
Siam City Cement Public Company Limited
Standard Chartered Bank
Thaioil Public Company Limited
TE Asia Healthcare Partners
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd
TPG Capital (S) Pte Ltd
True Corporation Public Company Limited
True Vision Group
Weerawong, Chinnavat & Partners
Weerawong, Chinnavat & Partners advises purchasers, sellers, lenders and financial intermediaries in M&A transactions, joint ventures and leveraged buyouts. Weerawong Chittmittrapap has extensive experience in corporate governance, restructuring and M&A matters. He heads up the practice alongside Veeranuch Thammavaranucupt and Sunyaluck Chaikajornwat. Thammavaranucupt advises domestic and multinational clients on a range of corporate governance and transactions, while Chaikajornwat is noted for his expertise in handling M&A and joint ventures.
‘The WCP team has strong and deep knowledge in M&A laws and collaborate well with all relevant parties in the deal.’
Thai Beverage Pcl; Berli Jucker Pcl; Charoen Pokphand Foods Pcl, F&N Retail Connection
PTT Pcl; PTTEP Pcl; PTT Global Chemical; Global Power Synergy Pcl; PTTOR Pcl; Planet Energy; Thai Oil
KKR Asia Ltd.; Key Safety Systems; Rexel Group; TTCL Pcl
Grab Inc.; Taobao (Alibaba Group)
Siam Commercial Bank Pcl; Muangthai Life Insurance Co., Ltd.; Oaktree Capital
Dusit Thani Pcl; TCC Assets (Thailand) Co., Ltd.; Dusit Foods Co., Ltd.; NauticAWT Limited
Thai Alliance Co., Ltd.
Panus Poultry Co., Ltd.
Symphony Communications Pcl; AIS, Jasmine International Pcl; Plan B Media Pcl
Chandler MHM Limited advises domestic and international clients, including Japanese corporates, on a range of corporate matters, and is noted for its expertise in the energy and natural resources, and technology and telecoms sectors. Practice head Arkrapol Pichedvanichok handles strategic acquisitions and public takeovers, and Wongsakrit Khajangson focuses on M&A transactions. Seiji Akimoto is noted for his expertise in corporate acquisitions and reorganisations, while Nuanporn Wechsuwanarux counts energy, consumer goods, manufacturing sector companies as her main clients.
‘Chandler MHM lawyers have always been responsive and understands what legal objectives are required by clients. Nuanporn Wechsuwanarux, as the key point of contact for our firm has always been accessible, responding in a timely manner and also cooperates well with lawyers from other law firms.’
‘Full service firm with strong corporate capabilities. Cast of partners have strong international practice experience.’
‘A leading professional team with true business understanding, dedication and commitment, deliverable flexibility and know how to achieve with a right risk management.’
Blockfint Company Limited
CAT Public Company Limited
Thai Oil Public Company Limited
TOT Public Company Limited
- Advised TOT Public Company Limited / CAT Public Company Limited on the merger/amalgamation of Thailand’s two major telecommunications companies, in a $10bn deal.
- Advised Thai Oil Public Company Limited on the restructuring of its shareholding in its power business.
- Advised a company within the group of Alibaba/Lazada (the purchaser) on an acquisition of an e-commerce business from Synagie Corporation Ltd., a Singapore company, valuing at approximately $61.7m.
Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP advises clients across the TMT, finance and energy sectors on a range of M&A matters, including leveraged buyouts, corporate spin-offs, holding company formations and mergers of equals. The practice group is led by Stephen John Bennett, who acts for public and private entities on major M&A transactions, as well as advising on acquisition financing and joint ventures. The team expanded with the hire of Maythawee Sarathai from Mayer Brown in January 2021, and benefits from the expertise of other practice groups with the firm, including tax, litigation, labour and antitrust.
International Finance Corporation
China Literature Limited
Electronics Industry Public Company Ltd.
Biggas Technology Co., Ltd.
G Steel Public Company Limited
Nation Multimedia Group Public Company Limited
Wongnai Media Co., Ltd.
- Advised Tate & Lyle on the acquisition of shares in a Thai company for the operation of its modified starch business in Thailand.
- Acting for United Power of Asia Public Company Limited as a buyer for the purchase of shares in AIDC Solar Power Number 1 Pte.
- Acting as lead counsel to Wongnai in a merger in Singapore with LINE MAN, the merged company secured an investment of $110m from BRV Capital Management (BRV).
Siam Premier International Law Office Limited advises both domestic and international clients on the full spectrum of public and private corporate and M&A work. Linda Osathaworanan, Chatchavej Chitvarakorn, Saithip Mansri, Torsakul Cunvong and Kanokon Worachanyawong jointly lead the practice group. Praised as ‘one of the best M&A lawyers in the market’, Chitvarakorn advises on global acquisitions dealing with Thai assets, as well as acting for foreign insurers and insurance companies in relation to corporate restructuring. Osathaworanan ‘provides the best solution’ in corporate finance matters, and Bancha Wudhiprecha handles domestic and transnational commercial and M&A transactions.
Other key lawyers:
‘The SPI team is always responsive and cooperative for the success of the projects. They provide reasonably detailed and helpful advice based on their deep knowledge of law and understanding of the business and client’s needs.’
‘Linda Osathaworanan is a reasonable and sensible M&A lawyer, who understands clients’ needs and provides the best solution in difficult situations.’
”Chatchavej is one of the best M&A lawyers in the market who has an excellent deal management skill.’
S.F. Holding Co., Ltd.
Isuzu Motors Limited
The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited
PDI Energy Company Limited
Colonnade Acquisition Corp
Hillhouse Capital Management, Ltd.
Pacific International Lines (Private) Ltd
Shanghai Highly (Group) Co., Ltd.
Thanathip & Partners Legal Counsellors Limited fields a ‘strong and dedicated corporate and M&Ateam‘ and acts for clients across the retail, securities, media, telecoms and entertainment sectors on a range of transactions. Founding partner Thanathip Pichedvanichok, who is noted for his expertise in handling domestic and international IPO’s, jointly leads the practice alongside managing partner Chawaluck Sivayathorn Araneta, who advises on public and private M&A, as well as joint ventures and foreign direct investments. Kornjan Tangkrisanakajorn acts for private and public companies on mergers, and Nat Boonjunwetvat goes ‘above and beyond‘ for clients in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
‘My experience with Thanathip & Partners has been exceptional. The firm has strong dedicated team in corporate and M&A. They provide high quality and excellent client services and have always been responsive and able to work efficiently and creatively. The team worked very hard on our transactions from beginning to the end despite complications and urgent deadline.’
‘Nat Boonjunwetvat is an experienced lawyer who has advised us on a number of M&A and corporate finance transactions. He is professional, responsive, highly efficient and accessible when needed. He always attends to questions promptly and professionally, and went above and beyond to ensure practical advice and outcome throughout complicated transactions.’
‘Thanathip Pichedvanichok, the lead partner, and Kornjan Tangkrisanakajorn were both great as they always made themselves available to us. They were also always honest and frank about the situation and gave it to us straight. This was much appreciated on our end. Obviously, their knowledge of local laws, one of the factors critical to us, was superior. The level of service they provided to us what my team valued most from this firm.’
‘Chawaluck Sivayathorn Araneta is fast in responding to our legal request, and she has good knowledge in corporate and M&A matters.’
Thai Feed Mills
Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation
Boon Rawd Trading
- Advised Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation, the largest toll road developer and operator in the Philippines, in the divestment of its equity interest in Don Muang Tollway Public Company Limited.
- Acted for RS Public Company Limited in an acquisition by its wholly-owned subsidiary, RSX, of 35% share of Chase Asia which engages in debt collection and management.
- Advised Noble Development Public Company Limited on its acquisition of 20% of the paid-up share capital of SWP Asset Management Co., Ltd., a limited company engaging in the business of NPL and NPA Management and a subsidiary of Srisawad Corporation Public Company Limited.
Tilleke & Gibbins
Tilleke & Gibbins is praised for its ‘strong presence and experience in the M&A field, both domestically and regionally’. The team acts for clients across various industries, including the automotive, energy, life sciences, insurance and technology sectors. Charunun Sathitsuksomboon, Cynthia M. Pornavalai, Athistha Chitranukroh and Kobkit Thienpreecha jointly head up the practice group. Sathitsuksomboon is ‘experienced and responsive in M&A transactions’, and Chitranukroh is particularly experienced in acting for clients in the insurance and technology sectors.
‘Very solutions-oriented team. Able to replicate investment structures in the context of Thai corporate laws, which are a minefield to navigate.’
‘Charunun Sathitsuksomboon is experienced and responsive in M&A transactions.’
‘Tilleke & Gibbins is strong in M&A practice. It has for decades demonstrated its strong presence and experience in this field both for domestic M&A as well as in the Southeast Asia region, including in Indonesia. The firm has partners and associates of excellence and in-depth experience in the M&A field in various industries.’
AI and Robotics Ventures
GM Motors Thailand
Marsh & McLennan Group
Oils ‘R Us
- Advised Volvo Group on the Thai elements of its global strategic alliance with Isuzu Motors within their commercial vehicles divisions, which included Isuzu Motor’s JPY 243bn acquisition of Volvo Group’s UD Trucks.
- Assisted General Motors with the $143.4m sale of two manufacturing plants in Rayong, Thailand, to Great Wall Motors of China, following the winding down of much of General Motors’ operations in Thailand.
- Acted for Oils ‘R Us, a lubricant trading company in Thailand and the local authorised distributor of ExxonMobil’s lubricant products, as seller in the THB 250m acquisition of the client’s business assets by Brenntag.
Blumenthal Richter & Sumet Ltd.‘s recent caseloads feature a mix of M&A transactions, joint ventures and corporate structurings. Andreas C. Richter is noted for his expertise in assisting foreign law firms whose clients are entering the Thai market. He jointly leads the team alongside Siripen Kulworakulpitak, who is experienced in commercial transactions.
Vroon Offshore Services Pte. Ltd.
Asia Cement PCL
Muhr & Bender KG – Mubea Group
DFDL Legal & Tax ‘provides comprehensive advice‘ on the regulatory, competition and tax aspects of M&A transactions, and acts for clients, including local and international corporations, on a range of matters, such as restructurings, joint ventures and foreign direct investments. Managing partner Audray Souche focuses on cross-border energy, mining and infrastructure projects, while Rashane Leerabandhu represents clients in the hospitality and real estate sectors on acquisitions and developments. Nipaporn Supha-Utchaichan and Kraisorn Rueangkul are further names to note; the latter specialises in foreign direct investment matters.
‘The corporate and M&A team has a very good knowledge of the market environment, helps structuring the deal in accordance with local practices.’
‘DFDL Thailand provides comprehensive advice with great turnaround time and client inter-facing.’
‘Nipaporn Supha-Utchaichan and her team are fast to deliver succinct and clear advice and provide great response and communication.’
B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited
Funding Societies Pte. Ltd.
Validus Investment Holdings Pte. Ltd.
3i Infotech Limited
Indorama Ventures Global Services Limited
Osotspa Public Company Limited
- Assisted B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited with the acquisition of a Cambodian solar company, by conducting legal due diligence, drafting and negotiating the share purchase agreement and other transaction documents, and closing the acquisition transaction.
- Advised Funding Societies Pte. Ltd. on foreign ownership restrictions, setting up business operations in Thailand and ensuring regulatory compliance as relevant to its business.
- Acted for Osotspa Public Company Limited as a lead counsel in relation to the acquisition of a glass manufacturing business in Myanmar.
The corporate team at DLA Piper handles acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, inbound and outbound investments, as well as regulatory matters. The practice group is led by Samata Masagee, who focuses on cross-border transactions in Southeast Asia and is active across the energy, real estate and technology sectors. Associate Krittiya Wuddhihiranpreeda advises on M&A, disposals and corporate restructurings, while associate Kanokkorn Viriyasutum’s expertise lies in the technology and insurance sectors.
Fircroft Engineering Services Limited
Global Power Synergy Public Company Limited
Thai Oil Public Company Limited
Frasers Property (Thailand) Public Company Limited
Golden Land Property Development Public Company Limited
Real Asset Development Co., Ltd.
Populous Pte. Ltd.
JWD InfoLogistics Public Company Limited
Raimon Land Public Company Limited
Zain Holdings Limited
- Advising Global Power Synergy Public Co on the acquisition of a newly issued equity interest in Anhui Axxiva New Energy Technology Co., Ltd., a company operating a battery manufacturing business in the PRC.
- Advised Frasers Property (Thailand) Public Company Limited on the acquisition of a 100% equity stake in a project company owning the lease right over a prime Bangkok CBD area to be developed into a mixed-use property.
- Acting for SCB10X, a venture capital arm of the Siam Commercial Bank Public Company Limited, on the Series E fundraising of the first ever Thailand-based unicorn startup who provides e-commerce logistics services, Flash Group.
SCL Nishimura & Asahi Ltd represents local and foreign companies, statutory boards and government agencies on a range of M&A transactions, joint ventures, foreign direct investments and international corporate finance matters. Within the team, Jirapong Sriwat focuses on takeovers, restructurings, as well as general corporate advice; Nuttaros Tangprasitti acts for both international and domestic corporate clients; Chavalit Uttasart is noted for his cross-border experience in managing projects in Myanmar; and Hideshi Obara handles corporate reorganisations. Nilobon Tangprasit has now left the firm.
CTOS Digital Sdn Bhd
Farsight Capital Pte. Ltd./Lago Shine Enterprises Ltd.
Premier Advisory Group Co., Ltd.
NokScoot Airlines Co., Ltd.
Line Maintenance Partnership (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Advised CTOS Digital Sdn. Bhd. on its acquisition of a 20% stake in Business Online Public Company Ltd., a Thai provider of business decision-making solutions, from Keppel Communications Pte. Ltd.
- Acted for Farsight Capital Pte Ltd. on its investment in Driver Design Studio Pty Ltd. and DRVR Company Ltd. and conducted the legal due diligence pertaining to the transaction.
- Advised Farsight Capital Pte Ltd., Lago Shine Enterprises Ltd. on their subscription for new shares in Thai real estate listing platforms owned FazWaz Pte. Ltd. and RE Marketing Company Ltd., and conducted the legal due diligence.
The Capital Law Office Limited acts for domestic and foreign private companies on a range of corporate transactions, including share and asset acquisitions and disposals, REITs, joint ventures and corporate restructuring. The practice also advises on M&A transactions, and its sector expertise covers the financial services, real estate and retail industries. Chatri Trakulmanenate advises on joint ventures, Pakdee Paknara has over 20 years’ experience in the M&A space, Karnpitcha Kongkiattiwong focuses on share and asset acquisitions, amalgamations and joint ventures, and Paradorn Leosakul has notable exeprtise in corporate and commercial as well as capital markets transactions.
Other key lawyers:
Karnpitcha Kongkiattiwong; Haruethai Boonklomjit
‘The Capital Law has a very strong Associate level team.’
‘Patraporn Milindasuta, senior Associate Haruethai Boonklomjit (specializing in M&A), senior lawyer Karnpitcha Kongkiattiwong (specializing in Banking) stand out. They have provided invaluable insights and worked extremely hard to make sure that we could close the transaction in the right manner.’
The Government Savings Bank
Mizuho Asia Partners Pte. Ltd., KKP Securities Public Company Limited
Microfiber Industries Limited
Central Retail Corporation Public Company Limited, PBHD Limited, and COL Public Company Limited
One Asset Management Company Limited as the REIT Manager of Grande Royal Orchid Hospitality Real Estate Investment Trust with Buy-Back Option
9 Basil Co., Ltd.
Thai Plaspac Public Company Limited
Srinanaporn Marketing Public Company Limited
The Siam Commercial Bank Public Company Limited
Tipco Asphalt Public Company Limited
Bangkok Ranch Public Company Limited
- Advised The Government Savings Bank on the acquisition of 49% new and existing shares in Fast Money Company Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Srisawad Corporation Public Company Limited.
- Assisted Central Retail Corporation Public Company Limited in the expansion of their retail business to be in line with its strategy.
- Acted for Mizuho, KKPS and other investors on the acquisition of shares in ISS Facility Services Company Limited, a company within ISS Group of Companies in Denmark, from ISS Global A/S, ISS Finance A/S and other Thai shareholders.
Watson Farley & Williams (Thailand) Limited acts for regional and international clients, including corporations, banks, insurers and private equity firms, on inbound and outbound M&A and joint ventures. Practice leader Christopher Osborne is noted for his expertise in the energy and infrastructure sectors, and also advises clients on regulatory and compliance issues. Alan Polivnick acts for foreign investors, international airlines, insurers and reinsurers on operations in Thailand. Senior associate Kasma Visitkitjakarn and associate Piyanuj (Lui) Ratprasatporn who joined from Tilleke & Gibbins in May 2021 are also noted.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is focused on achieving results and protecting the client’s interests.’
Flash Partners Limited
Guardforce AI Co., Limited
HK Onething Technologies Limited
STRABAG Industries (Thailand) Co., Ltd
Suzhou Anjie Technology Co., Ltd.
Synova Cooperatief U.A.
- Acting for the Oxford University in commercial contracts for its Thai operations, namely the constructions of a medical research centre.
- Advising STRABAG Industries (Thailand) Co., Ltd on the transfer of its infrastructure manufacturing facilities in Thailand that had been subject to government expropriation.
- Advising Guardforce AI Co., Limited on its share registration with the US Securities Exchange Commission.
Axis Consultants (Thailand) Limited acts for clients in the manufacturing, insurance and financial services sectors on matters, ranging from joint ventures to acquisitions and restructuring transactions. Head of the practice Peter Burke has experience in advising both domestic and international clients on M&A, corporate law and commercial matters. Of counsel Iain Melville is recommended for corporate restructuring mandates.
Other key lawyers:
Charin & Associates
Charin & Associates handles cross-border M&A transactions, as well as domestic corporate work, with a particular focus on real estate matters. Charin Satchayan, Kemavit Bhangananda, and Benjaporn Puttinan are names to note.
Other key lawyers:
ILCT Ltd. handles a wide range of commercial, corporate and M&A transactions, with the capability of advising on the tax aspects of transactions. Palawi Bunnag jointly leads the practice alongside Mallika E.S. Margherita, who has particular expertise in international commercial and M&A transactions, foreign investment, as well as real estate development transactions.
Esso (Thailand) Public Company Limited and ExxonMobil affiliates in Thailand
Rodenstock GmbH / Compass Partner / Rodenstock (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Bow Wave Capital Management / ASP Thailand LP
NEC Capital Solutions Limited
Lumentum International (Thailand) Co., Ltd
Chalybs Cylinders Ltd.
TRB Chemedica (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Asian Aviation Training Centre Ltd.
L3 Harris Technologies Holding, LLC
Puri Company Limited
Charoen Phokphand Group
- Assisted NEC Capital Solutions Limited on the acquisition of shares in Aira Leasing Public Company Limited from Aira Capital Public Company Limited, worth $6m in value.
- Assisted Rodenstock GmbH/Compass Partner with the sale of shares in Rodenstock Group in regard to Rodenstock (Thailand) Co., Ltd. from Compass Partners to APAX Funds worth €1.5bn in total deal value.
- Assisting Bow Wave Capital Management with the acquisition of newly issued shares in Ascend Money Company Limited which is part of Ascend Group or CP Group.
Kennedys is well-placed to handle regional and international M&A work and acts for clients across the hospitality, retail and insurance sectors. The corporate and commercial group is led by Supreedee Nimitkul, who represents domestic and multinational companies in commercial disputes, as well as advising on M&A transactions and joint ventures. Special counsel Tassanu Chutikanon handles M&A and restructuring matters, and is particularly active in Southeast Asia region.
Other key lawyers:
Foundation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Atos IT Solution and Services Ltd.
Suanluang Architecture Co., Ltd.
Mahanakhon Condominium Juristic Person
Executive Aviation Taiwan Corporation
Fraser Motorcycles Group
SAMCO Co., Ltd.
Thai Samsung Electronic Co., Ltd.
- Provided SAMCO with legal advice which included the terms and conditions, legal implications to corporate and individual guarantors, business security agreement and other additional collaterals.
- Advised Suanluang Architecture Co., Ltd. on a tax and financing structure in order to optimise the tax benefits of the group of companies which included the preparation of closing documents, and also the refinancing of documents and intercompany loan agreements for back-to-back loan transactions.
- Advised Fraser Motorcycles Group Pty Ltd on an exclusive distribution agreement with Ducati Thailand regarding importing and distribution of Ducati motorcycles in the Commonwealth of Australia and other relevant agreements with Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A.
Kudun & Partners acts for its roster of clients in M&A transactions and post-acquisition integrations and advises on issues relating to tax, securities and corporate restructuring. Founding partner Kudun Sukhumananda, who has considerable experience in assisting Thai and international clients on M&A and REIT transactions, jointly leads the team alongside Kom Vachiravarakarn, who advises on the acquisition and disposal of equity interest in listed companies.
‘Always provide helpful legal opinion and recommendation, with excellent commercial knowledge.’
‘The project was approached with professionalism and the greatest amount of effort in order to get the finest potential outcome. In addition, the firm has a number of sectors where it specialises. As a result, they were able to collaborate across different areas of expertise, which allowed the project can go smoothly.’
Prima Marine Public Company Limited
Areeya Property Public Company Limited
Nex Point Public Company Limited
IT City Public Company Limited
Virajsilp Co., Ltd.
Principal Capital Public Company Limited
B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited
Next Energy Development Company Limited
Altitude Creed Talat Phlu Company Limited
Nathalin Group and JV-CNNC
STARK Corporation Public Company Limited
Better World Green Public Company Limited
BG Container Glass Public Company Limited
- Advised Prima Marine PCL on the acquisition from Thai Oil PCL, a subsidiary of PTT Group, of all equity interests in Thaioil Marine Co., Ltd. (TM) (including indirect acquisitions of TM’s subsidiaries including TOP Maritime Services Co., Ltd.) of a total value of approximately THB 1.2bn.
- Acted for BG Container Glass Public Company Limited (BGC) and Bangkok Glass Public Company Limited on a cross-border investment transaction for acquiring 70% of existing shares in each My Son 1 Solar Power Joint Stock Company and My Son 2 Solar Power Joint Stock Company with a total value of $48.1m.
- Acted as a legal counsel to Nex Point Public Company Limited (NEX) on its investment and penetration into the electric vehicle (EV) business, through the acquisitions of partial equity interest from the existing shareholders.
The corporate, commercial and M&A practice at LawPlus Ltd. is led by managing partner Kowit Somwaiya, who is noted for his experience in M&A transactions, as well as corporate governance, restructuring and insolvency matters. Naddaporn Suwanvajukkasikij is a key contact in the team, who acts for local and foreign companies in corporate and commercial transactions, while Usa Ua-areetham handles foreign direct investment matters.
ZICO Law advises clients on M&A transactions, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements, as well as foreign direct investments in Thailand and the ASEAN region. Threenuch Bunruangthaworn, who has experience in assisting Thai and foreign multinational clients on matters involving foreign investment in Thailand, jointly heads up the practice alongside Archaree Suppakrucha, who has a ‘solid grasp of the corporate and M&A sector’.
‘All team members of ZICO Law are diligent and responsible. In particular, we are impressed by one of the partners, Archaree Suppakrucha. Archaree has a solid grasp of the corporate and M&A sector. Her capability to provide a comprehensive analysis under local law within a tight timeline is most impressive.’
Chaodee Starch (2004)
Worldpay (UK) Limited
- Advising Chaodee Starch (2004) Co., Ltd. (CMS) and Chaodee family members on the disposition of shares in CMS which Tate & Lyle Investments Limited wished to purchase 85% of shares for the value of $17m.
- Assisting a state enterprise with its contemplated acquisition of a limited company in Myanmar operating the business as a supplier of power transmission tower, substation steel structure, telecommunication tower and hot-dip galvanized service.
- Assisting Lazada Group with conducting legal updates and compliance relating to its advertisement and consumer protection issues.