Tax in Taiwan
The tax team at Baker McKenzie has a focus on international tax planning for foreign clients and advises domestic companies across income tax, transfer pricing, and customs duties issues. Led by Michael Wong who handles cross-border tax planning matters and Dennis Lee in Taipei, the group is able to leverage its global reach and support clients in multi-jurisdictional tax transactions and restructurings. The group brings together a cross-practice approach and offers dispute resolution and banking expertise.
- Acting as special counsel for Google on its acquisition of HTC Corporation’s mobile division team and advising them on tax structuring issues together in collaboration with our U.S. and UK colleagues.
Guo Ju Law Firm
Guo Ju Law Firm handles tax planning and compliance matters for clients which include the Ministry of Finance. Co-headed by key partners Robert Shih and experienced tax litigator Paul Chu, the practice advises on local regulatory measures and undertakes estate tax planning. Ingrid Tsai is a core member of the team.
Other key lawyers:
Ministry of Finance
National Taxation Bureau
Ministry of Finance
Tsar & Tsai Law Firm's tax practice has strength in advising on Taiwanese taxation law and transactions to international businesses. The team has experience handling tax-related litigation which Edgar Chen is the name for, audits, and tax planning matters. Wellington Liu is a key name in the group and handles estate and tax planning.
Nature Worldwide Technology Corp., Ltd.
- Tsar & Tsai represented Nature Worldwide Technology Corp., Ltd. to file administrative litigations against the National Taxation Bureau of the Northern Area (the NTBNA) for revoking the administrative dispositions involving the first business income tax assessment made by the NTBNA from the taxable year of 2002 to 2006.
The tax practice at Chien Yeh Law Offices has a specialism in handling tax administration proceedings and litigation matters. Michael C. H. Wang now oversees the group which undertakes tax advisory work for clients which includes large energy companies. Charice Lin is also a core part of the team.
FORMOSA CHEMICALS & FIBRE CORPORATION
FORMOSA PETROCHEMICAL CORPORATION
BANK SINOPAC CO.LTD
E-life Mall Corporation
KIMLAN FOODS CO., LTD.
NOBEL BIOCARE TAIWAN CO., LTD.
Newmax Technology Co., LTD.
National Taiwan University
Wartsila Taiwan Ltd.
- Assisted the client’s bank delegation to retrieve 20 million of tax refund.
- Assisted Formosa Petrochemical to file administrative remedial proceedings, and reclaimed 1 billion of environmental tax.
- Assisted Shi Duo CO. LTD. in reaching a settlement with the Taipei National Taxation Bureau after 10 years of tax and criminal proceedings.
Eiger's tax practice handles advisory work for European-based companies doing business in Taiwan. Overseen by John Eastwood, the group has experience in cross-border tax work, strengthened by its alliance tax specialist organization, WTS Group. Senior associate Michael Werner is a key name for complex tax issues.
‘Appreciated Eiger Tax Team for great responsiveness and high quality of advice based on the practical approach.’
- Eiger is assisting a major, foreign-based advertising company with expense reimbursements and related tax issues.
- Eiger is assisting a major media company with PIT support.
- Eiger assists a major gaming company on a variety of tax matters in Taiwan.
Lee and Li, Attorneys-at-Law advises tax clients on day-to-day tax operations, tax-related dispute matters, and transfer pricing works. The practice also offers banking and capital markets expertise on transactions. Frank Lin leads the group and handles financial tax matters whilst co-head Dennis Yu is the name for corporate-related work.