AG Advokat’s real estate offering regularly gains impressive mandates from international and domestic clients; Anders Malm (a recent hire from Harvest Advokatbyrå) in particular drives engagement with international investment bankers. Group co-heads Johan Lindberg and Johan Gadd handle large property portfolio acquisitions and disposals on behalf of listed companies and private equity clients, and the recruitment of Helena Bjälkemo from an in-house role expanded the team’s expertise in commercial leasing negotiations, where it acts for major real estate owners.
Real estate in Sweden
‘Specialised in real estate and construction. They are one of the top firms within their specialised field.’
‘Johan Lindberg, Måns Derk are highly skilled and motivated experts within real estate.’
‘Personal engagement to deliver outstanding help in due diligence processes and other matters.’
‘Always available within short notice and understanding of business crucial factors. Outstanding follow up routines to secure customer satisfaction.’
‘Relevant knowledge from individuals and teams. They listen and understand the situation and the challenge for a client and form teams to find best solutions in line with what the client needs.’
‘Lengthy experience and relevant knowledge and also absolute passion for the job and the client. Always make sure that the client is in good hands. Act as humans in all situations.’
- Advised Ursus Real Estate Management on its acquisition of two large residential properties in central Stockholm from AFA Fastigheter.
- Advised sellers Nacka Port, VästkustStugan, Mjöbäcks Entreprenad and Innovation Properties on their residential property joint venture with Balder.
- Advising Stendörren Fastigheter on a continuous basis on transactions, project developments, commercial leases, general real estate law and environmental law.
Mannheimer Swartling has a sizeable real estate practice, which handles a broad range of real estate transactions and projects. Key clients of the firm include real estate companies, property developers, real estate funds, governments and municipalities. Stockholm-based practice head Klas Wennström has an extensive background in real estate developments and transactions, while Jesper Prytz heads up the team in Gothenburg and has in-depth expertise in real estate partnerships, joint ventures and property developments. Hillevi Börjesson is a key individual in the Gothenburg team, and Magnus Josefsson and Tomas Johansson are both based in Stockholm.
Jesper Prytz; Klas Wennström
Other key lawyers:
Magnus Josefsson; Tomas Johansson; Hillevi Börjesson
‘Its a one-stop shop which delivers high quality advice. The team can provide help in the development of new business models, contributing effective management of legal issues in transactions as well as projects, and also in dispute resolution and structural questions.’
‘Accessibility, skills and professionalism.’
The renewables infrastructure group (trig)
Stena Adactum och AMF Pensionsförsäkring AB
Vattenfall Vindkraft Sverige Aktiebolag
Peter Eriksson Fastighets AB
[Ursvik Entré / Nordisk Renting AB]
Infracapital och AMP Capital avyttring till JP Morgan
Eolus Vind AB
- Advised Heimstaden Bostad on its acquisition of 21 properties in Linköping. The total agreed property value for the purchase amounted to SEK2.5bn.
- Advised Castellum on its divestment of a portfolio of 214 properties comprising primarily warehouse/logistics and light industry segments in Sweden.
- Advised Stena Renewable and AMF on divestment of 20% of the shares in Stena Renewable AB.
Roschier showcases ‘exceptional knowledge‘ of the real estate sector, particularly in relation to real estate transactions, restructurings and project developments, joint ventures, and lease and land lease agreements. Practice head Marcus Hedén is a ‘skilled lawyer‘ and has expertise in real estate transactions, real estate finance work and private M&A. Hedén leads a team of ‘fantastic‘ real estate experts, which includes Lisa Hybbinette, who has ‘excellent project management skills‘; she was promoted to partner in June 2021.
Other key lawyers:
‘Lisa Hybbinette – excellent project management skills. Handles both large “prestigious” and smaller ones in the same way.’
‘Fantastic lawyers with outstanding knowledge of the legal environment as well as the commercial aspects of the sector.’
‘A diverse team with exceptional knowledge about the client and their business with the aim to create as much value to the transaction as possible.’
‘Marcus Hedén is the most skilled and commercial partner on the Swedish market/real estate sector.’
‘Qualified team with a stable foothold in the Swedish real estate industry.’
‘Partners Marcus Hedén and Lisa Hybbinette are both very skilled lawyers. They know every corner of their field of law and combine it with a huge commitment to their clients and an in-depth commercial understanding of real estate deals.’
‘Extremely hard working with the ability to identify the “real” issues.’
‘Roschier’s team understands our business better than any other law firm, which allows it to provide us with excellent legal advice that helps us reach our commercial objectives.’
Alma Property Partners
Genesta Property Nordic
Nordic Real Estate Partners (NREP)
Samhällsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden AB (SBB)
Savills Investment Management
Steen & Ström Sverige
The Blackstone Group International Partners LLP
John Mattson Fastighetsföretagen AB
Patricia Industries (and its subsidiary Vectura AB)
Stark Group A/S
Tritax EuroBox plc
- Represented Blackstone in its acquisition of a SEK10.2bn portfolio comprising primarily assets in the warehouse/logistics and light industry segments in Sweden from Castellum.
- Advised Patricia Industries AB, and its subsidiary Vectura AB, on the SEK3.9bn sale of the Grand Group and the Grand Hôtel property to FAM AB.
- Assisted Niam with its acquisition of all shares in LC Development Fastigheter 14 AB, and indirectly the property Stockholm Fejan 2, from LC Development Fastigheter 100 AB.
Advokatfirman Vinge has a full-service real estate offering and demonstrates in-depth expertise in related M&A and financings. Assur Badur heads up the Stockholm department and has a broad practice that covers transactions, commercial lettings and property development work. Anders Forkman has a similar practice and is based in Malmö. Niclas Winnberg is an ‘excellent negotiator‘ and is a key individual in Stockholm, while Gothenburg-based Robert Deli focuses his practice on construction-related real estate.
Assur Badur; Anders Forkman; Robert Deli
Other key lawyers:
‘Broad experience in the field of real estate but questions related to other practice areas such as finance or public procurement can quickly be answered by colleagues at the firm. Vinge always responds quickly and as a client you get the feeling that they always have time for you.’
‘Assur Badur has, in addition to great overall knowledge of the market and in particular transactions, good negotiation skills. He always remains calm even in tough negotiations.’
‘Niclas Winnberg has a great understanding of the deal and understands the clients needs. An excellent negotiator.’
‘Excellent prompt service and skills in real estate transactions. Very experienced and always to be trusted. Quick and easy to respond and communicate.’
Platzer Fastigheter AB
Coop Storbutiker & Marknader AB
Allianz Real Estate
- Advised Prime Living on the acquisition of Studenbostäder i Sverige AB and the reversed IPO of the company.
- Advised FAM AB in connection with the SEK3.6bn acquisition of Grand Group from Patricia Industries (a part of Investor AB), which includes the hotel businesses Grand Hôtel, Lydmar Hotel and The Sparrow Hotel, and the Grand Hôtel real estate property owned by Vectura, a subsidiary of Patricia Industries.
- Advised Annehem on the SEK3bn acquisition of a large property portfolio from Peab and the listing of Annehem.
The real estate team at Wistrand is ‘excellent‘ and handles both contentious and non-contentious real estate work. The team is typically instructed on conversions, projects, joint ventures and commercial leases. Tommy Grönberg and Lars Gahnström specialise in real estate work and have a particularly strong M&A practice; they lead the teams in Stockholm and Gothenburg respectively. Per Dalemo is praised as a ‘real estate M&A specialist‘ and managing partner Fredrik Råsberg is another recommended individual.
Other key lawyers:
Jan Alexanderson; Fredrik Råsberg; Per Dalemo
‘Knowledge and skills.’
‘Jan Alexanderson – good for construction projects and applicable legal practice.’
‘Great real estate practice. Easy to work with and always available.’
‘Per Dalemo is an M&A real estate specialist who we have worked on many deals. Intelligent and always straight to the point. Provides solid advice.’
‘Fredrik Råsberg is a very good real estate finance and M&A lawyer. Very good and easy to work with.’
‘The team is excellent when it comes to understanding clients’ needs.’
‘Big firm but still very personal in a individual way.’
Samhällsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden (SBB)
Nordic Choice Hotels
Swedish Airport Infrastructure AB (SAIAB)
Sigillet Fastighets AB
Nordic Land plc
Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
ALMA Property Partners
Thon Property/Olav Thon Gruppen
Pareto Project Finance
HanssonGruppen Invest AB
Humlegården Fastigheter AB
- Advised SBB on the largest elderly care home transaction made in the Nordics.
- Advised SBB and Fastpartner as the companies, together with six other property owners, indirectly sold properties to Randviken Förvärv AB.
- Advised SkiStar as the company agreed to own, manage and develop jointly owned companies and properties in the Scandinavian mountains under a joint venture structure.
Advokatfirman Cederquist KB advises a broad range of domestic and international investors on all aspects of buying, managing and selling real estate assets. The practice has been increasingly active on forward funding and forward commitment projects and joint venture investments. Practice head Erika Åslund is praised for her ‘very strong strategic and commercial skills‘. Senior associates Ivar Näslund and Michela Westin are also noted and have active real estate transactional practices.
Other key lawyers:
Ivar Näslund; Michela Westin
‘Excellent mix of experience, technical knowledge and client focus.’
‘Technical solutions combined with commercial awareness and ability to project manage the process, which as an overseas investor is invaluable.’
‘Cederquist has a conscientious team with very deep professional expertise. The team is very pleasant to work with and has a good reputation in the market. They are able to think from both a strategic and commercial angle in negotiations.’
‘Erika Åslund has very strong strategic and commercial skills, and is excellent in negotiations. She is very pleasant and agreeable, but she manages to change her approach if the situation requires her to.’
‘The team are very knowledgeable and always available and fast in their responses.’
KLP Kontorsfastigheter AB
Vectura Fastigheter AB
- Advised Patrizia on a complex forward funding project from Bonava.
- Advised Patrizia on a complex forward commitment project from Slättö.
- Assisted Grosvenor on its divestment of the shopping mall Haninge.
Advokatfirma DLA Piper Sweden KB‘s real estate client base consists of owners, investors, lenders and developers. The practice offers a multidisciplinary service and combines its expertise in real estate, tax and financing work. Gustaf Ström heads up the practice and has an extensive real estate transactional practice, with experience advising on cross-border transactions, joint venture investments and forward funding developments. Jan Råssjö has in-depth experience handling high-value property portfolios, and Mats Eriksson is regularly instructed on commercial leases and transactions.
Other key lawyers:
Jan Råssjö; Mats Eriksson
‘It feels as if the colleagues are an extension of our in-house team. Very smooth and seamless support in all kinds of requests. The team is very experienced and acts with a commercial background, hands-on and always on top of negotiations. The team is absolutely reliable.’
‘Gustaf Ström is a great negotiator and it is really enjoyable to work with him and his team members. All of them are very responsive and have deep knowledge.’
‘Good perception and easy to communicate with.’
‘Easy going and clear in all communication.’
Savills Investment Management
Round Hill Capital
Tre Kronor Property Investment
Svensk Handel Pensionskassan, Försäkringsförening
Cushman & Wakefield
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton Advokat KB ‘s real estate department is particularly known for its work on construction, forward funding and project development work. The team is led by Fredrik Ahlqvist, who has dedicated his considerable experience in the sector to M&A and project development matters. Matti Scheffer is a key member within the department, with specific expertise in tenancy disputes, building permits and zoning plans. Hanna Sundberg is another name to note, often leading the department in its most important transactions.
Other key lawyers:
Hanna Sundberg; Matti Scheffer
‘Professional, knowledgeable and also very nice people.’
‘I have worked with Hanna Sundberg on several occasions and have always been very happy with the interaction and advice received. Besides being a very good lawyer, she is also commercially minded, which I appreciate.’
‘Knowledgeable, solution oriented and fun!’
Arwidsro Fastighets AB
Fastighets AB Regio
Fastighets AB L E Lundbergs
Brunswick Real Estate IM
Offentliga Hus i Norden AB
Genova Property Group AB
Alma Property Partners
Sveafastigheter Samhällsfastigheter AB
Sveafastigheter Bostad AB
Bäck & Forss Invest AB
Vallentuna Kommun (Municipality of Vallentuna)
Akka Egendom AB
Baseload Capital Sweden AB
Pictet Alternative Investors
Niam Nordic VII
- Advised Pictet Alternative Advisors and Brunswick Real Estate on their first joint acquisition of a data centre platform in the Nordic region.
- Assisted Arwidsro with its recent acquisition of Öland’s largest shopping center “Ölands Köpstad”.
- Represented the Swedish Municipality of Vallentuna in Supreme Court litigation against a real estate company following a declaratory injunction suit.
Advokatfirman Lindahl KB‘s real estate group has a strong Malmö presence through practice head Johan Tollgerdt and Staffan Brandt, as well as a Gothenburg office housing Jon Fägerquist and Filippa Wallin. The practice handles a high volume of real estate purchases, notably in the high-value warehouse and logistics sectors. The Stockholm office recently expanded with the recruitment of Jan Berg (former practice head at Bird & Bird), who acts as adviser to private and listed property owners on acquisitions and leasings. Sten Gejrot and Fredrik Gillgren handle real estate financings for lenders and borrowers.
Other key lawyers:
‘Competent and good listeners.’
Stena Fastigheter AB
Brinova Fastigheter AB
MKB Fastighets AB
Skandia Fastigheter Storstockholm AB
Elof Hansson Fastigheter AB
Castellum Öresund AB
K2A Fastigheter AB
Swedish Logistic Property AB
Skurupshem Fastigheter AB
KKB Fastigheter AB
KlaraBo Sverige AB
Municipality of Borlänge
AF Bostäder Lund
Heba Fastighets AB
- Acted for Klarabo Sverige AB on its acquisition (by way of a non-cash issue of shares) of Kuststaden Projektutveckling AB and KPU Bostadsförvaltning AB.
- Assisted Brinova and Swedish Logistic Property on their acquisition of Norama Real Estate Fund’s 49 commercial properties with a total lettable area of approximately 170,000 square meters. The acquisition price amounted to SEK2bn.
- Assisted Brinova with its acquisition of five properties in Bara Centrum, just outside Malmö, with an underlying property value of SEK475m.
Linklaters concentrates its practice in real estate M&A, acting for international real estate and private equity funds and Nordic institutions. The team dovetails effectively with other closely related departments including the tax, banking, competition and capital markets groups. Team head Magnus Lidman has extensive experience across real estate matters within the Swedish and Nordic markets. Associate Anna Eriksson regularly advises global real estate and private equity funds on complex transactions.
Other key lawyers:
Invesco Real Estate
EQT Real Estate
DWS Real Estate
Barings Real Estate
M&G Real Estate
- Advised Invesco on the SEK2.3bn divestment of Securita’s HQ.
- Advised DWS on the SEK1.5bn acquisition of COOP’s new ultra high-bay distribution centre.
- Advised Angelo Gordon on the divestment of a large office premises on Södermalm to Blackstone.
Setterwalls houses a full-service real estate practice, notable for its consistent involvement in high-value real estate transactions covering matters from land developments to pension fund issues. Department head Patric Olofsson is active on high-profile matters relating to real estate, insurance, and logistics issues. Stockholm group head Jessica Schönning leads on real estate mandates for prominent Swedish public bodies including Sveriges Riksbank and SIDA, while senior associate and Malmö team head Anders Frick applies his knowledge to real estate sales and acquisitions. The firm is increasingly active at the international level, and has represented both governmental and international corporate clients. Jesper Kuschel leads the Gothenburg-based practice, and Magnus Steninger was promoted to the partnership in 2022.
Other key lawyers:
‘The people are amongst the absolute best in the business and are also very easy and enjoyable to work with.’
‘Magnus Steninger is an exceptional professional with great enthusiasm that truly understands, and takes interest in, the big picture of a deal.’
‘Patric Olofsson is an outstanding lawyer with a lot of experience. Patric is an efficient and pragmatic problem solver.’
‘Very strong and experienced real estate team, led by the partner Patric Olofsson, accompanied by adjacent fields of practice such as banking, finance, insurance, construction contract law, tax, etc.’
‘Patric Olofsson and Magnus Steninger are two excellent individual lawyers but as a team they are unbeatable.’
‘Patric Olofsson and Magnus Steninger, working as a team or individually are, in my opinion, among the leaders in the Swedish legal real estate scene. They fully understand our business and offer service at an outstanding level. Both have in-depth knowledge and experience from years working at the top of the industry. Magnus also adds equally important curiosity and openness for new technical solutions to the business. Paired with personal qualities, it makes working with them a true pleasure and something I can highly recommend.’
‘Setterwalls’ real estate team is characterized by diversity and how they work inclusively as a team, seniors vs associates. The team always look for the clients’ best and have the ability to give high quality business advice.’
Aberdeen Standard Investment
Arlandastad Holding AB
Cromwell Property Group
Folksam Insurance Group
K2A Knaust & Andersson Fastigheter AB
Lille Oslo Eiendom
Ness, Risan & Partners AS
NRE Sweden AB
Nuveen Real Estate
Oscarson Invest AB
Sehlhall Fastigheter AB
Serafim Fastigheter AB
Serneke Group AB
SIDA – The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency
Stadsrum Fastigheter AB
- Assisted the Folksam Group/KPA in relation to the acquisition of shares in the property company owning the property Stockholm Gångaren 10.
- Advised Serneke AB on creating a joint venture for the development of three blocks in Karlastaden, a new district being constructed in the city of Gothenburg.
- Acted as legal counsel to Aberdeen Standard Life in the acquisition of three real properties from the well know real estate group Wallenstam.
Wigge & Partners fields a team specialised in real estate transactions, with additional experience in matters such as commercial leases and project developments. They have advised on high-value work, including a property acquisition by Nyfosa AB which was valued at SEK2.5bn. Practice co-head Patrick Forslund focuses on transactions, commercial leases, and financing, while fellow co-head Daniel Unger adds knowledge of commercial leases and construction mandates.
Patrick Forslund; Daniel Unger
‘Fast and good.’
‘Not complicated, easy to work with.’
CapMan Real Estate
Magnolia Bostad AB
CA Fastigheter AB
Vatne Real Estate AS
Saltängen Property Invest AB
LKAB (Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara AB)
Silvestica Green Forest
- Advised Nyfosa on the acquisition of all of the properties and projects in Estea AB’s wholly owned subsidiary and investment fund Estea Sverigefastigheter 3 AB, at a value of approximately SEK2.5bn.
- Advised Blackstone and Areim in connection with the divestment of the property Stockholm Lysbomben 5 to Axfast AB.
- Advised Magnolia Bostad in connection with the formation of a JV with KF Fastigheter for the joint development of land in a new residential area by Lake Mälaren in Upplands-Bro municipality.
Brick Advokat KB was founded in 2020 and has already established a track record in advising on high-value real estate transactions. The practice is led by co-heads Louise Bjärgård, who is active on acquisitions and sales, and Niclas Lifsten, who specialises in commercial leases. The former works closely with senior associate Julia Nilsson, while the latter is routinely supported by associate Sofia Kämmerling.
Louise Bjärgård; Niclas Lifsten
Other key lawyers:
Julia Nilsson; Sofia Kämmerling
‘Bricks real estate team is characterized by their precision, being available for their clients and how they work as a team, both seniors and associates. The team always look for the clients best and has ability to give high quality business advice with extreme precision. You always know they don’t miss any important aspects and details in different business cases and situations.’
‘Partner Louise Bjärgård has ability to hold the whole together and still she is committed and on the details, if needed, and takes responsibility and not only passes tasks to associates. Mrs Bjärgård is always available and gives you as a client high quality advice and guidance in complex business cases and situations. Senior Associate Julia Nilsson maintains a high level and the delivery is efficient.’
‘Both broad and specialized knowledge regarding all fields of real estate law.’
Estea Omsorgsfastigheter AB
AMF Pensionsförsäkring AB
Midstar Fastigheter AB
Loussavaara-Kiirunavaara AB (LKAB)
Bonnier Fastigheter AB
- Advised Nyfosa Holding AB on a simultaneous acquisition from and sale to Genova.
- Advised AMF Fastigheter on the sale of the real property Fröfjärden 3 in the municipality of Sundbyberg to Aquaticus Real Estate Holding AB for an underlying property value of SEK740m.
- Advised Castellum on the acquisition of office property in Järva Krog in the municipality of Solna from NCC for an underlying property value of approximately SEK1bn.
Cirio Advokatbyrå AB is primarily focused on the execution of mid-range real estate transactions, and advises on the associated corporate restructuring mandates. Johan Hessius, who is experienced in corporate law and real estate M&A, jointly leads the group with Magnus Björkander, who joined from NCC Property Development and specialises in transactions, development issues, and commercial leases. Joel Sandin Persson is active across the firm’s work.
Other key lawyers:
APP Properties AB
Bantorget Hyresbostäder AB
Bantorget Egendom AB
Savana Holding AB
Torslanda Property Investment AB
Ryk Estate AB
- Acted for AB Sagax on the acquisition of 40 Swedish properties by way of a share transfer from the Danish Stark Group.
- Acted for APP Properties on the sale of 18 properties to Emilshus and NP3.
- Acted for Ryk Group AB on the divestment of several properties to Stenhus Fastigheter.
Advokatfirman Delphi provides full-service coverage, and has a record in transactions, developments and management issues. The firm primarily works for domestic Swedish clients, but has also supported international companies including advising Geely on the development of its Lindholmen campus in Gothenburg. Anders Hulegårdh and Stefan Lindh lead the teams in Gothenburg and Linköping, respectively. Mercedes Lennartsson Anderås joined from Advokatfirman Vinge in 2021, and brings additional experience in commercial real estate law.
Anders Hulegårdh; Stefan Lindh
Other key lawyers:
Mercedes Lennartsson Anderås
Hökerum Bygg AB
Kålltorps Projektutveckling AB
Fortinova Fastigheter BA
Erik Hemberg Fastighets AB
BRA Bygg AB
- Assisted Hökerum Bygg AB in connection with the sale of a property at Selma Lagerlöfs square in the district of Backa in Gothenburg.
- Assisting Geely Group with the development of Geely Innovation Center at Lindholmen, Gothenburg.
- Assisted Götenehus AB in connection with the acquisition of building rights at Samset in Jönköping.
Foyen Advokatfirma provides advice across a wide range of real estate matters, and the team collaborates effectively with the firm's construction, environment and public procurement departments. Co-head Henrik Ståhlberg has considerable experience in the area, with specific expertise in planning and construction law, while fellow co-head Rickard Zahmul is proficient in handling complex lease matters related to construction projects.
Henrik Ståhlberg; Rickard Zamuhl
‘Henrik Ståhlberg is a good representative for us. He has helped us in a couple of complex and difficult problems.‘
John Mattson Fastigheter
- Advised Micasa Fastigheter on various transactions including the sale of Grötlunken 2 in central Stockholm to Olof Lindgren Byggnads AB.
- Advised John Mattson in connection with the acquisition of a property in Nacka.
- Advised Sollentuna Stadshus in conjunction with the sale of 456 apartments as well as commercial premises located in Häggvik and Tureberg in Sollentuna.
Real Advokatbyrå Aktiebolag
Real Advokatbyrå Aktiebolag’s specialised real estate M&A practice is often instructed by major Swedish real estate private equity houses. Mikael Laag and Daniel Jonsson lead the Stockholm team, handling numerous high-end real estate transactions. Senior Associate Johan Asklund is another name to note and has played a key role in care and residential property transactions.
Mikael Laag; Daniel Jönsson
Other key lawyers:
‘The office’s real estate team of professionals are highly skilled, structured and commercially minded within their focus area.’
‘We have the pleasure of working alongside with the teams on several cross-border transactions.’
‘Mikael Laag is very competent and highly specialised within the area of complex real estate transactions.’
‘Highly competent, solution-oriented and flexible lawyers. They quickly analyse their customers’ needs, internal working methods and adapt their working methods accordingly. They are very accessible and very nice to work with.’
‘Daniel Jönsson is a very experienced lawyer who is both skilled in terms of law as well as the business. He is incredibly easy going and always available even if our needs arise at short notice.’
‘Real Advokatbyrå are always a pleasure to work with. They respond fast and give us the help we need. They make sure to staff our cases with people with the necessary skills.’
‘Johan Asklund always gets back to us as soon as he has received anything from us, which ensures that nothing is “lost” and that everything is handled as urgent.’
‘Great understanding and creativity regarding commercial real estate topics. Great team work and regardless of the individual involved in the current case, one can always expect professional advice from Real.’
Imperia Fastigheter AB
Nordic Capital Advisory
Hemsö Fastighets AB
Turako Skolfastigheter AB
- Advised NREP on the acquisition of the property Piperska Muren 2 in Stockholm.
- Advised Hemsö Fastighets AB on its acquisition of a university campus in Uppsala from Akademiska Hus.
- Advised Artic Securities on the acquisition of an office building in the municipality of Sundbyberg.
With a recent increase in transactions within the house developing sector, Advokatfirmaet Schjødt has also handled a collection of cross-border transactions between Norway and Sweden, leveraging the firm's Nordic network. The ‘professional, attentive and responsive‘ team is led by Charles Andersson and has seen notable recent activity in transactional work within the real estate and retail sectors and an increase in Norwegian clients.
Other key lawyers:
‘Seriousness, professional, attentive and responsive.’
‘We work closely with Schjødt in Sweden, and are very happy with their service. They are flexible, timely and deliver the product we need to fulfil our transactions.’
‘It is a dedicated team that has a good focus.’
‘My personal experience is to work with Charles Andersson and Oskar Högberg, and we are very happy with both of them.’
Scandinavian Property Group
City Finansiering AS
Svenska Stadsbyggen AB
Solon Eiendom ASA
Norwegian Hospitality Group
- Advised Scandinavian Property Group on the sale of two residential building projects with a total deal value of SEK1.3bn.
- Advised Svenska Stadsbyggen on the sale of an elderly care homes portfolio to Samhällsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden (SBB).
- Advised Solon Eiendom on a JV-investment and acquisition with SBB, which eventually will own one of SBB’s current property portfolios in Stockholm.
The ‘proactive and knowledgeable‘ real estate practitioners at TM & Partners are well regarded for their ‘excellent project management of real estate transactions’ and their work with a variety of domestic and international investors and developers. Experienced practice heads Natalie Bretz, Safa Mahmoudi and Jens Haneklint work alongside an expanding group of associates including the ‘service-oriented, supportive and detail-oriented’ Catharina Danielsson. Residential transactions have increasingly become a feature of the team’s transactional work, while complex purchase issues remain a staple of the team’s advisory work.
Natalie Bretz; Safa Mahmoudi; Jens Haneklint
Other key lawyers:
‘They are focused and driven. They can do multiple deals at the same time and still keep track of all details.’
‘Jens Haneklint is pragmatic when needed and tough when needed.’
‘Exceptional knowledge in real estate law and commercial ability to support us throughout the process.’
‘Catharina Danielsson is very service-oriented, supportive and detail-oriented. She provided structure and order throughout the operation. Her accuracy and attention to detail means that the result is solid and of the highest quality.’
‘Excellent project management of real estate transactions. Proactive and knowledgeable.’
‘Natalie Bretz is outstanding.’
‘Safa Mahmoudi is a very good lawyer and focused on solutions rather than problems.’
‘Outstanding work by TM & Partners, I enjoyed the hard work and consistency of TM & Partners as a whole. Without a doubt I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for competent, hardworking, focused lawyers but at the same time are also loyal, generous and committed to deliver a high quality service to the client.’
Cibus Nordic Real Estate
Domestica II Bostäder (managed by SEB Investment Management)
Nordr (previously Veidekke Eiendom)
- Advised Citycon on the sale of three shopping centres in Tumba, Högdalen and Fruängen in Stockholm.
- Advised Magnolia Bostad on the process of entering into agreements with Heimstaden Bostad and Derome respectively regarding a joint development of residential buildings in Kungsbacka.
- Advised Mitsubishi Estate, Europa Capital and NCAP on the acquisition of an office project property in Stockholm CBD from AFA Insurance.
Advokatfirman Allié is a boutique practice focusing exclusively on advising property owners and contractors on real estate and construction matters. Erik Ljungqvist and Teresia Mårdh are specialists in advising on commercial leaseholds, while Fredrik Jorstadius and Johan Sundqvist are noted for their work in real estate M&A and commercial law. Jenny Baaz is a key contact regarding real estate-related dispute resolution and arbitration proceedings. Construction law and dispute resolution expert Joel Pälvärinne joined from Advokatfirman Victor in August 2021 and real estate transactions specialist Anton Melander joined from Advokatfirman Delphi in June 2021.
Erik Ljungqvist; Teresia Mårdh; Fredrik Jorstadius; Johan Sundqvist; Jenny Baaz; Joel Pälvärinne; Anton Melander
‘The team at Allié Law are very competent, professional and easy going. They’re a dream to work with. Only the best and I can highly recommend working with them.’
‘Erik Ljungqvist is the best partner to have when working with any kind of legal matters in real estate. He gets the job done efficiently and gets along great with colleagues and others.’
‘A good team with high competence. Easy to work with.’
‘Specialized in real estate and works with great commitment.’
‘Keeps schedules, great commitment, good skills.’
Grandab Management AB/Grandab Fastigheter II AB
Wood & Hill AB/Wood & Hill Fastigheter AB
Novi Real Estate AB
Nordier Property Advisors AB
- Advised on establishing Grandab Fastigheter II AB and thereafter handled several acquisitions of industrial properties for the client within the greater Gothenburg area.
- Advised Wood & Hill AB, Wood & Hill Fastigheter AB and its portfolio companies on several different property development projects.
Key aspects of Baker McKenzie‘s real estate practice include capital markets transactions, buy-and-build projects for funds clients and leasings in the residential and commercial sectors. Practice head Anders Fast is a highly experienced M&A lawyer and acts for real estate companies and fund clients. The team is making headway in the data centre field, with corporate clients instructing the group on large-scale site acquisitions.
‘We have never experienced any issues related to the legal advice given and they have always been timely and fair.’
‘A very personal relationship and easy access.’
Dun & Bradstreet
Symphony Technology Group
24 Storage AB
Jinjiang International Holdings
Aros Bostadsutveckling AB
Lund Waterfront Packaging District AB
Runsten Equestrian AN
Schur Flexibles Holding GesmbH
Suez Recycling AB
- Advised the residential developer Aros Bostad in connection with the IPO of the company’s ordinary shares.
- Coordinated the real estate aspects of Hitachi’s $11bn acquisition of ABB’s power grids business.
- Advised real estate company Altira in connection with two property acquisitions in Uppsala.
Hannes Snellman's real estate practice was founded in 2020 with the arrival of practice head Mikael Stabo from Cirio Advokatbyrå AB. Maintaining close ties with the firm’s Helsinki practice to provide a strong cross-border offering, the team handles transactions, property developments, leases, joint ventures, and strategic advice. Stabo’s expertise encompasses environmental liability and real estate financing mandates as well as matters in the renewable energy and infrastructure fields.
‘Mikael Stabo: great partner. skilled and commercial.’
‘Good team. Skilled and quick.’
Midroc Property Development
Pite Havsbad Group
- Acting as counsel to a consortium of Areim AB and F. Holmström Fastigheter AB on its public offer for Magnolia Bostad AB.
- Advised Svensk Plaståtervinning (Swedish Plastic Recycling) on its acquisition of the property holding Europe’s largest plant for recycling of plastic materials.
- Advised Upplands Motor Holding AB on the letting and divestment of two properties in the greater Stockholm region to Stenhus Fastigheter.
MAQS Advokatbyrå handles complex corporate transactions and related issues including environmental and tax-related work. Katrin Troedsson leads the team alongside Magnus Bengtsson and Jessica Svantesson; Svantesson focuses her practice on developments and usufruct rights, while Bengtsson is highly active in advising clients on transactions and commercial lease agreements. Bengtsson works closely with associate Lovisa Elardt, who is an expert in M&A transactions and real estate projects.
Katrin Troedsson; Jessica Svantesson; Magnus Bengtsson
Other key lawyers:
Lovisa Elardt; Magdalena Persson
‘MAQS has presented outstanding advice and business solution orientation in the assignment as a legal adviser to us in a real estate transaction. MAQS helped us overcome the obstacles and complete the deal.’
‘The lawyers we worked with were always available, quick with feedback and anticipated future challenges in the negotiation. We worked mainly with Jessica Svantesson.’
‘MAQS law firm has assisted us in a number of contractual issues concerning real estate. They have a broad competence and competent lawyers. We experience them as very professional in what they do and very positive in their treatment.’
‘MAQS lawyers Jessica Svantesson and Magdalena Persson have assisted us positively and with great skill in their respective areas of expertise. In cases where it is required, additional expertise has been involved.’
Fastighets Aktiebolaget Trianon
Executive Property Europe AB
Coop Väst ekonomisk förening
Älvstranden Utveckling AB
Eksta Bostads AB
Råberget Entreprenad AB
Cormac Förvaltnings AB
Melica Förvaltning AB
Mälardalens Omsorgsfastigheter Holding AB
- Assisted Fastighets AB Trianon with its divestment of 50% of the shopping mall Rosengård Centrum to Fastighets ABHemmaplan (a joint venture company between Bonnier Fastigheter and Brunswick Real Estate).
- Assisted Fastighets Aktiebolaget Trianon and Wallfast AB with entering into an agreement with Grosvenor European Retail Partnership regarding the acquisition of the shopping mall Burlöv Center.
- Assisted Haga Gruppen Holding AB with its divestment of 13 residential properties in central Malmö.
Morris Law is frequently retained by real estate companies, funds and developers to advise on the entire real estate investment cycle, including acquisitions, construction projects, joint ventures and disposals. The group is active in a number of sectors including the logistics, retail, student accommodation, elderly home and hotel areas. Practice head Andréa Dahrén focuses on legal issues related to project developments, while also handling commercial leases, management agreements for property portfolios and land parcelling work. Nimrod Badur moved in-house.
Other key lawyers:
Nicklas Hansen; Malin Grünewald
‘Very devoted and dedicated team with deep knowledge in the relevant practice areas.’
‘Nicklas Hansen and Malin Grünewald were really committed to us as a client and were of great help and support throughout the specific process. Their assistance at the court was crucial to a successful outcome.’
‘Good availability, easy to work with, skilled.’
I Am Home AB
Odalen Fastigheter AB
Rexbo Industrifastigheter AB
Lansa Fastigheter AB
Galjaden Fastigheter AB
Nötudden Fastigheter Holding AB
Merx Fastighets AB
Gamla Livförsäkringsaktiebolaget SEB Trygg Liv
Maelir Fastigheter AB
- Advised Galjaden Fastigheter on the sale of a property portfolio with an underlying property value of SEK870m to Nyfosa.
- Assisted SEB Investment Management with the launch of the new real estate fund ‘SEB Arkadia Bostad’.
- Advised Lansa Fastigheter on the acquisition of a forward funding project in Malmö.