Real estate in Sweden
The expansive team of real estate practitioners at Mannheimer Swartling includes Hillevi Börjesson and practice co-heads Klas Wennström and Jesper Prytz, and acts for a client list comprising real estate companies, property developers, international real estate funds and public bodies. The team handles big-ticket wind farm acquisitions, exchange transactions and commercial property portfolio divestments. Prytz recently handled several significant long-term leasing negotiations, while Tomas Johansson advised on cooperation agreements in the hotel sector.
Klas Wennström; Jesper Prytz
‘Mannheimer Swartling always delivers with quality and can handle this even at short notice.‘
‘Hillevi Börjesson is very business oriented and constantly looks to stay focussed on the business. She is a very skilled negotiator.‘
‘Availability, short response times, professionalism, understanding of the business, legal skills and high quality is what stands out for Mannheimer Swartling. I am extremely satisfied with the attention and expertise that I received from the firm.‘
‘Their expertise and professionalism makes me feel well taken care of every time I turn to them for help in legal matters and I am well aware that I will receive the best legal advice each time. I believe that I work with the best lawyers in the area.‘
‘Magnus Josefsson is always available and provides good advice and accurate legal services whenever I need them. I can always call him to discuss business strategies and questions on a day-to-day basis. I am extremely satisfied with his performance.‘
Älvstranden Utveckling AB
Hemsö Fastighets AB
- Advised Castellum on an exchange transaction with Fastighetsaktiebolaget Lilium involving the acquisition of six properties and the sale of 20 properties.
- Assisted TRIG with its €207m acquisition of the Jädraås wind farm.
- Advised Starwood Capital Partners and Scius Partners on its divestment of a SEK3.6bn property portfolio to Hemfosa.
The real estate practice at Roschier is regularly instructed on large-scale transactions, with recent highlights involving portfolio acquisitions of logistics centres and offices, residential property joint ventures, disposals of retail property and corporate transactions involving high-value real estate assets. Key names include practice head Marcus Hedén and senior associate Lisa Hybinette, who also count international funds, property developers and pensions funds on their client portfolios. The team works with the firm’s Helsinki office to handle cross-border transactions across the Nordics.
‘Understanding of the business and the ability to understand customer investment strategy is the strength of the Roschier team.‘
‘Fantastic lawyers with outstanding knowledge of the legal environment as well as the commercial aspects of the sector.‘
‘The team understands our company, business and the environment we are active in. They are solutions oriented and very good at finding possible ways to handle challenges and difficulties. They have skills in the real estate area that are at the highest level compared to firms.‘
‘The real estate team is well organised, has excellent knowledge in the real estate area, works efficiently and can take on bigger assignments with short deadlines.‘
‘Marcus Hedén and Lisa Hybinette are exceptional to work with. Their knowledge in the field of real estate law and real estate business is outstanding and second to no competitors.‘
‘We are very satisfied working with Marcus Hedén. He is very competent in the real estate legal area and has very good knowledge of accounting and tax matters which are a big advantage for handling deals concerning buying and selling companies. Marcus is also very easy to work with. His skills are the very best you can find in the market.‘
‘Lisa Hybbinette gives great advice which is to the point and she is always available, anytime. She has excellent client knowledge and makes sure to address issues that have not been thought of.‘
Triuva Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
Savills Investment Management
AXA Real Estate
Nordika Fastigheter AB
PFA (the Medical Doctors’ Pension Fund) and the Danish Pension Fund for Engineers
Schroder Investment Management
Alma Property Partners
Genesta Property Nordic AB
Nordic Real Estate Partners
NCC Property Development AB
Veho Bil AB
The Blackstone Group International Partners LLP
Steen & Ström
- Advised The Blackstone Group International Partners LLP and Scius Partners on their acquisition of an office property from AFA Fastigheter.
- Advised Kungsleden on its €70m divestment of office and retail properties in Eskilstuna to Regio.
- Assisted Bonava Sverige with the forward funding sale of a development property in Gothenburg to Västerstaden.
Advokatfirman Vinge’s real estate practice is headed up by the highly praised Assur Badur and fields an extensive team of professionals, which advises on the full spectrum of transactions, commercial leasing negotiations and real estate financing issues. Badur and Niclas Winnberg handle high-value retail and commercial property acquisitions including head office sales for major corporate clients, divestments of residential portfolios for domestic property owners, and investment transactions for international real estate funds. Buoyed by teams in Malmö and Gothenburg, led by Anders Forkman and Robert Deli respectively, the group is well placed to act for significant commercial tenants with a nationwide presence.
Assur Badur; Anders Forkman; Robert Deli
‘I truly appreciate and admire Assur Badur’s deep knowledge of the whole spectrum of real estate affairs and his understanding of our business and structure. He quickly grasps complex structures and questions, is pragmatic and always suggests solutions.‘
‘Assur Badur is very committed, hands on, calm, and sound in his judgement regarding what is a risk and what is not from a commercial perspective.‘
‘Time and again, Assur Badur shows how in-depth knowledge of the law and long experience of the real estate industry makes it natural for our company to turn to him for legal advice. Assur also demonstrates great proficiency in negotiations and always conveys a calm, collective and humble impression which makes him the perfect lawyer to hire for real estate companies with a high transaction rate.‘
Ikano Fastigheter AB
Platzer Fastigheter AB
Allianz Real Estate
- Advised Coop Butiker & Stormarknader on its acquisition of 163 grocery stores from Netto to integrate them into the Coop brand.
- Advised Akelius on the sale of a SEK4.7bn real estate portfolio to Victoria Park.
- Assisted Allianz Real Estate with the acquisition of Skandia’s head office in Stockholm from AMF.
Wistrand’s leading real estate M&A practice routinely handles high-value property acquisitions and divestments for a client portfolio of Nordic investors and property companies. Per Dalemo and practice co-heads Tommy Grönberg and Lars Gahnström advise on the full breadth of transactional work including tax, environmental and warranty and indemnity insurance issues, and investments and transactions involving residential, commercial, data centre and retail assets. The team also handles all issues regarding leasing negotiations and transfers, project developments, permit applications, property conversions and real estate disputes. Nils Sköld also has expertise in real estate fund formation mandates.
Tommy Grönberg; Lars Gahnström
‘A very good and capable real estate team which is always easy to work with. Has vast experience in hospitality-related real estate matters.‘
‘A very professional practice with vast experience in real estate matters. Always available and able to combine legal advice with commercial astuteness.‘
Samhällsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden (SBB)
Nordic Choice Hotels
Swedish Airport Infrastructure AB (SAIAB)
Catella/Bouwfunds, Catella Real Estate
PATRIZIA Immobilien AG
Sigillet Fastighets AB
Nordic Land plc
Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
Stockholmsmässan (Stockholm International Fairs and Congress Centre)
Thon Property/Olav Thon Gruppen
Pareto Project Finance
HanssonGruppen Invest AB
The Victor Rydberg School Foundation
- Assisted FastPartner with its SEK2bn purchase of the Brahelund 2 property from Areim.
- Advised SBB on a variety of real estate transactions including its sale of 1,600 flats to a Swedish joint venture vehicle for SEK1.4bn.
- Assisted Niam with the establishment of the Niam Nordic VII real estate fund.
Real estate and construction boutique AG Advokat handles high-value real estate acquisition and divestment transactions for a client roster comprising listed real estate companies, private equity houses and public bodies. Clients particularly praise practice co-heads Johan Lindberg and Johan Gadd for their expertise in forward funding structures; the team also advises on sale-and-leaseback negotiations, commercial leasing agreements, environmental issues and real estate financings. Lindberg is also advising on the real estate issues arising from the landmark urban redevelopment programme for the Kiruna and Malmberget communities.
Johan Lindberg; Johan Gadd
‘I have worked with AG Advokat for many years and am very impressed with the quality and ideas that are delivered to solve problems. They are very competent in forward funding, forward purchase and sale and leaseback work.‘
‘Johan Gadd is extremely competent and always delivers on time.‘
- Handled a single asset transaction for Folksam involving commercial office assets in central Stockholm.
- Instructed by AB Gavlegårdarna on the sale of a public housing portfolio of over 800 flats in Gävle to Heimstaden.
- Advised Stadsrum Fastigheter on the indirect purchase of the landmark Kringlan property in Södertälje city centre.
With notable expertise in mid-cap real estate transactions, Advokatfirman Delphi's recent work included Nina Tour handling acquisitions of logistics centres and research facilities; other transactions included advising on the sale of office buildings, mixed-use developments and residential portfolios. International property investors instruct Gothenburg group head Anders Hulegårdh on investments in wind farm projects, and the practice also has expertise in commercial tenancy law including drafting and negotiating leasing terms and terminations.
Nina Tour; Anders Hulegårdh; Stefan Lindh
Acturum Real Estate AB
M&G Real Estate
Bra Bygg AB
The Royal Swedish Academy of Science
Veidekke Bostad AB
Skandia Fastigheter AB
Geely Innovation Center
- Assisted M&G Real Estate with the acquisition of a logistics property in Brunna from NCC for SEK190m.
- Assisted Acturum Real Estate with the sale of AstraZeneca’s old research facility in Södertälje for over SEK1bn.
- Assisted Vivero with the acquisition of a property in Uddevalla consisting of care facilities, parking facilities, a restaurant and a residential area.
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton Advokat KB regularly advises on large-scale portfolio acquisitions and divestments for a client roster comprising national pensions funds, private equity houses and property owners. Recent transactions include practice head Fredrik Ahlqvist and newly promoted partner Hanna Sundberg handling forward funding and forward purchase deals involving aged-care facilities, residential properties, light industry portfolios and mixed-use projects. The group also assists with the full scope of leasing agreements, negotiations, planning matters and zoning issues.
‘Erika Finn, Mattias Wittgren and Viktoria Blind provide a structured approach and a clear strategy from the start, making the work that much more manageable, even with tight schedules for all involved.‘
‘Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton is a law firm that has a very good overall knowledge of almost all different aspects of real estate, construction, public procurement and rental law. They have a team of the best lawyers in every discipline and they will have every point of view taken care of, no matter which service you want from them.‘
Brunswick Real Estate
EQT Real Estate Fund 1
Schroder Investment Management
Hemfosa Fastigheter AB
Fastighets AB L E Lundberg
Fastighets AB Regio
Alma Property Partners
Stadsrum Fastigheter AB
The Carlyle Group
Sveafastigheter Bostad AB
Bäck & Forss Invest AB
- Lead counsel to Fastighets AB Regio (owned by the Third Swedish National Pension Fund) on its SEK2.1bn acquisition of seven prime properties in Jönköping.
- Assisted Stendörren Fastigheter with its acquisition of a portfolio of eight properties in Västerås for SEK345m.
- Advised Brunswick Real Estate on its disposal of an elderly care portfolio comprising seven properties in Boden.
The real estate M&A team at Linklaters is a go-to practice for handling high-end transactions for pan-Nordic and international real estate funds and investors. The group applies its combination of corporate and real estate expertise to the entire transactional process, from property due diligence work, lease transferrals and tax issues to fund structuring mandates and deal negotiations. Further recent matters for practice head Magnus Lidman and managing associate Anna Eriksson included property divestments in the office space and retail park fields, elderly care and logistic park acquisitions and the establishment of joint venture vehicles for public premises.
EQT Real Estate
Invesco Real Estate
M&G Real Estate
Angelo Gordon Realty Acquisitions
ADIA (Abu Dhabi Investment Authority)
Shurgard Self Storage
Allianz Real Estate
Tristan Capital Partners
CRI filial till Commerz Real
Nystad Stadsutveckling AB
- Advised EQT Real Estate 11 Fund on the SEK8bn takeover of Stendörren Fastigheter.
- Advised Invesco Real Estate on the divestment of an office building to DWS.
- Advised CBRE Global Investment and Allianz Real Estate on the establishment of a pan-Nordic real estate fund focused on premium logistics assets.
Property acquisitions and divestments are key areas of strength for Setterwalls’ real estate practice. The team recently expanded with the addition of Patric Olofsson from MAQS Advokatbyrå; Olofsson and Anders Heintze handle high-value transactions for big-ticket investors, real estate funds and property owners in the Swedish and international markets. Commercial leasing and project development mandates are handled by Jessica Schönning, who has a particular focus on education and hospital projects. The team also has expertise in joint venture acquisitions and the related disputes. Senior associates Anders Frick and Linda Jönsjö are highly regarded in the Malmö area.
Jessica Schönning; Patric Olofsson; Anders Heintze; Linda Jönsjö; Anders Frick
‘Anders Frick acts in a way that inspires confidence.‘
‘The team is very competent and always does its best to deliver a good result.‘
‘They really put me and my challenge in focus and always fed back very quickly and accurately.‘
Steen & Ström
Nuveen Real Estate
SSM Bygg & Fastighets AB
Veidekke Bostad AB
Volvo Real Estate
- Acted as counsel to Aberdeen Standard Investment on its acquisition of a €115m residential portfolio.
- Advised Akademiska Hus on its divestment of two properties including the iconic KTH School of Architecture.
- Advised Gladsheim on the acquisition of 186 rental properties by way of a share deal.
Wigge & Partners’ real estate team includes well-regarded practice co-heads Patrick Forslund and Daniel Unger and real estate finance expert Stefan de Hevesy. Recent transaction highlights included high-value sales and acquisitions of office properties, residential flat portfolios and retail parks. Unger is a noted name for commercial leasing issues. The client list comprises big-ticket real estate companies and property funds from the domestic and international market.
Patrick Forslund; Daniel Unger
Magnolia Bostad AB
- Advised Nyfosa on a SEK1.5bn acquisition of a commercial property portfolio from Klövern.
- Advised Willhelm on the acquisition of 176 flats to be built in Täby.
- Advised Areim on the SEK2bn sale of Solna Port to FastPartner.
The ‘100% professional and proactive’ corporate real estate practice at Advokatfirman Cederquist KB handles property acquisitions, disposals and portfolio management mandates. Highly praised team head Erika Åslund and Louise Bjärgård count leading domestic real estate companies, pensions funds and insurance firms as clients. The team also assists with the full range of liability issues, leasing transfers, deal negotiations and financing arrangements.
‘A very experienced team with long track record in the Swedish commercial real estate market- demonstrated in both pragmatic solving of issues arising in the buy/sell process and negotiation skills.‘
‘The team at Cederquist has a very good reputation in the industry. They handle all different angles concerning real estate transactions in a very professional way.‘
‘An engaged, swift and nimble team.‘
‘Provides a high level of attention and responsive advice in both in minor matters and broad complex transactions.‘
‘A very up-to-date, effective and engaged team.‘
‘The practice is very professional and at the same time personal. It is pleasant to work with the team.‘
‘Erika Åslund coordinates the work in an excellent manner, is very informative and has a very practical approach.‘
‘Julia Nilsson has proved to be the true driver of the process with a very good business sense and an unparalleled grip on all details, critical dates and mark-ups.‘
‘Erika Åslund is perfect in stressful situations and acquisitions, she has a wide network and in all situations and a very professional and positive approach.‘
‘Erika Åslund is highly skilled and at the same time down to earth, responsive with a clear focus and business mind.‘
‘Louise Bjärgård is highly appreciated for her excellent commercial knowledge and understanding of the industry, clients’ issues and the market. An excellent negotiator.‘
‘Louise Bjärgård is outstanding. She is professional, a very good business partner and at the same time pleasant to work with.‘
SEB Trygg Liv
- Assisted SEB Trygg Liv with the €37.5m sale of Neptunus 31 to Sparbössan Fastigheter.
- Assisted KPA Pensionsförsäkring with the acquisition of Pelaren 1 from Fabege.
- Assisted Midstar with the acquisition of the property Trafikflyget 4 from Concentus i Kalix for €19m.
Recent highlights for Cirio Advokatbyrå AB’s real estate team included handling a number of high-value commercial property divestment transactions by way of share transfer for domestic and international real estate funds. Practice head Mikael Stabo and Johan Hessius provide expert advice on establishing real estate joint ventures; they also recently advised on the development of aged-care facilities for a market-leading construction firm. Other regular mandates include sale-and-leaseback transactions, residential property acquisitions and the real estate elements of wider corporate M&A mandates.
‘Always very easy to reach with a no-nonsense approach and excellent knowledge.‘
‘Mikael Stabo is very service minded and has excellent knowledge and experience.‘
Axa Real Estate
SHH Bostad AB
Bantorget Hyresbostäder AB
Midroc Property Development AB
Västerkulla Hotell Holding AB
Söderport Fastigheter AB
Danator Group AB
Runö Fastigheter AB
Humlegården Fastigheter AB
- Advised Söderport on the SEK2.3m divestment of properties in Torslanda.
- Advised Axa Real Estate on the SEK633m divestment of Blåfjäll 1 in Stockholm to Klövern via share transfer.
- Advised Västerkulla Hotell on its acquisition of hotel properties in Falun and Borlänge.
DLA Piper advises a notable list of real estate investors, developers and property owners on the full range of transactions including commercial property and hotel purchases, acquisitions of logistics portfolios and residential property divestments. Key contacts include Jan Råssjö, Anders Malmström and practice head Gustaf Ström, who also handle commercial leasing negotiations and other tenancy law mandates. The firm’s global network also attracts key clients from the US, Germany and across the Nordics.
‘Provides quick responses with a good knowledge of the real estate sector.‘
‘We highly recommend DLA Piper for their fast response times, business knowledge and appropriateness of advice and Jan Råssjö for his good advice and fast service.‘
Aberdeen Asset Management
Round Hill Capital
S.t Erik Markutveckling
Savills Investment Management
- Advised AxFast on the purchase of Boken 6 in the Stockholm central business district.
- Advised property managers Riksbyggen ekonomisk förening on the sale of five properties comprising residential flats to Fullkornet Holding.
- Assisting real estate investment trust Prologis with the acquisition of a portfolio of logistics sites.
Eversheds Sutherland is singled out for its real estate financing expertise, with practice co-heads Tord Svensson and Michael Nyman handling international financing transactions for global banks, and assisting with forward financing transactions in the domestic market. On the leasing side, the team regularly acts on head office leasing arrangements for significant global corporates. Other notable fields of expertise include commercial and data centre site acquisitions and land rights disputes.
Tord Svensson; Michael Nyman
Aberdeen Standard Investments
Savills Investment Management
Swedish State (represented by the Chancellor of Justice)
Cisco Systems Inc
- Advised Swedish real estate investment fund Randviken on its investment, development and forward sale of a residential/commercial project.
- Advised Microsoft on the establishment of its new head office in Sweden.
- Representing the Swedish State in a highly publicised right-to-land dispute in the north of Sweden.
Jan Litborn and Erik Borgblad jointly lead Glimstedt’s real estate practice and handle a range of high-value property acquisitions and disposals for a client base of domestic real estate companies. The group regularly handles cross-border transactions involving residential properties, commercial sites, forestry and aged-care facilities. The team also advises real estate joint ventures and SPVs on corporate transactions, share purchases and bond issuances. Anders Wennergren is the key contact in Gothenburg.
Jan Litborn; Erik Borgblad; Anders Wennergren
‘An excellent team, 100% dedicated to facilitate everything needed to close the deal on time.‘
‘Personal, very professional, and keen to deliver on time.‘
‘Erik Borgblad has strong business knowledge and is successful in finding solutions when deals have obstacles.‘
‘Erik Borgblad provided the best transaction law services I have ever received. Nothing is too complicated.‘
‘Björn Sand is best non-partner transaction lawyer I have ever met- no fuss, gets the job done day or night.‘
Anders Hedin Invest
- Advised Tre Kronor on the acquisition and financing of 17 properties in Norway and Sweden for €50m.
- Advised Offentliga Hus I Norden on the acquisition of numerous real estate properties totalling €65m.
- Advised Amasten Fastighets on the acquisition of 21 residential buildings for €68m.
The client list for Advokatfirman Lindahl KB ’s real estate team includes domestic real estate companies, commercial property developers, municipalities and joint ventures. The team is led by Johan Tollgerdt and advises on the acquisition and sale of mixed-use properties, logistics sites, sporting facilities and residential portfolios. Also of note is the team’s handling of forward-funding transactions for social properties including residential care homes and education facilities.
‘Provides efficiency, availability, knowledge and engagement.‘
Stena Fastigheter AB
Municipality of Luleå and Lulebo AB
Brinova Fastigheter AB
Ikano Bostad AB / Ikano Fastigheter AB
MKB Fastighets AB
Municipality of Borlänge
Swedish Logistic Property
- Acted for Karlastanden Holding, a joint venture established by Serneke Group and NREP, on the development of a new city district in Gothenburg.
- Assisted Stena Fastigheter with its acquisition of three central properties in Lund from Vasakronan.
- Advising real estate developers Elof Hansson Fastigheter on the development of a new environmentally friendly city district in Gothenburg.
At Morris Law, the recruitment of group head Nimrod Badur from Osborne Clarke has notably enhanced the firm’s real estate M&A offering; Badur advises funds and real estate companies on high-value forward funding structures, residential project acquisitions, disposals, joint venture arrangements, and significant single-asset divestments. Domestic and international developers also regularly instruct Andréa Dahrén on development projects involving commercial sites, logistics centres and hotels. The practice also handles the full scope of environmental, planning, infringement and permit issues.
HSB ProjektPartner AB
We Are Tomorrow Holding AB
Sizes Works AB
Domestica Real Estate Funds
Odalen Fastigheter AB
The Carlyle Group (CEREP Fund)
I Am Home AB
- Advised Domestica IV Holding on the acquisition of two residential development projects totalling SEK650m.
- Acted for Odalen on the divestment two elderly homes in different parts of Sweden. The transaction involved two multifaceted lease agreements with the operators of the elderly homes.
- Advised The Carlyle Group on the mixed-use development of Nacka Strand, comprising office blocks and 1,700 residential flats.
Real Advokatbyrå Aktiebolag
Real estate boutique Real Advokatbyrå Aktiebolag acts on high-value commercial leasing contracts and transactional issues. Recent mandates include joint practice heads Mikael Laag, Daniel Jönsson and Patrik Lilieblad handling acquisitions and divestments of industrial, assisted living and education facilities for public sector clients and Nordic investment firms. The team is also instructed on significant leasing negotiations for large-scale logistics operations.
Mikael Laag; Daniel Jönsson; Patrik Lilieblad
‘A very committed team with significant knowledge of the real estate space. Super pleasant to work with.‘
‘As clients you get direct access to senior capacity partners, who are responsible for the final delivery, not just the sales part.‘
‘Incredibly responsive and client attuned. Total team players who care about the outcome. Efficiently priced and great people.‘
‘Very skilled individuals who manage to deliver advice in a way that is not overly academic. This makes them very easy to work with combined with their around-the-clock availability. Personally, I have been very pleased to work with Mikael Laag, Carl Svensson, Daniel Bjurbom and Ludwig Mild.‘
‘Mikael Laag is very professional and driven. He takes great pride in taking full responsibility for his advice.‘
‘Daniel Jönsson is skilled, experienced and direct in his advice.‘
‘Mikael Laag is highly competent and experienced, responsive and a total partner for progress. He feels more like a team member who genuinely cares about the outcome.‘
‘Robin Skoglund is a very talented associate with a great mix of confidence and humbleness. Robin is super quick to respond and a hard worker.‘
‘Daniel Jönsson is always available and truly engaged in his clients. He and his team always deliver more than you expect and you always feel safe when you work with them.‘
Hemfosa Fastigheter AB
Stendörren Fastigheter AB
Barings Real Estate Advisers
NRF Sweden Holding AB
Hemsö Fastighets AB
Nordic Capital Advisory
Turako Skolfastigheter AB
- Assisted NREP with a lease agreement with Dagab Inköp & Logistik regarding a logistics facility in Håbo.
- Advised Hemsö Fastighets on the acquisition of Stockholm Kvarnberget 9 from AB Familjebostäder for SEK480m.
- Advised Anders Tegelberg on the acquisition of Genetikern 2 in the municipality of Botkyrka from DistIT. The acquisition was made in partnership with Randviken Fastigheter.
Advokatfirman Törngren Magnell assists with the full spectrum of real estate transactions, developments and investments for a client list of real estate companies, developers and international funds. Safa Mahmoudi recently advised on the establishment of joint venture structures, commercial leasing negotiations, hotel property purchases and residential portfolio divestments. Other key members of the team include Jens Haneklint and Natalie Brentz, who recently handled industrial property divestments and wind farm acquisitions respectively.
Safa Mahmoudi; Jens Haneklint; Natalie Bretz
KF Fastigheter AB
Europa Capital Partners LLP
Humlegården Fastigheter AB
Swedish Pelican Self Storage AB
Domestica Fund II
Domestica Fund III
Domestica Fund IV
Knut Jönsson Byggadministration AB
Scandinavian Property Group
- Advised Europa Capital Partners (a pan-European real estate investment manager) on its acquisition of Brädstapeln 13 in Stockholm CBD from Gamla Livförsäkringsaktiebolaget SEB Trygg Liv.
- Advised KF Fastigheter on the formation of a joint venture with Balder for the development of a new city district in Kungens Kurva, Stockholm comprising 3,500 homes, schools, commercial centres and care facilities.
- Advised KF Fastigheter on its divestment of Ferdinand 9 in Stockholm to Magnolia Bostad.
Gothenburg-based real estate boutique Advokatfirman Allié has a growing presence in the local market and a client base comprising a mix of domestic and international real estate investors and property owners. Erik Ljungqvist and Teresia Mårdh are go-to names for commercial leasing issues with a focus on retail sites; they act for owners and commercial lessees. Fredrik Jorstadius and Johan Sundqvist handle real estate transactions including residential portfolio acquisitions. Jenny Baaz is also recommended. Matthias Johansson left the firm.
Erik Ljungqvist; Teresia Mårdh; Jenny Baaz; Fredrik Jorstadius; Johan Sundqvist
‘The Allie Law team managed by Erik Ljungqvist is extremely proactive and rapid to support us in any way possible.‘
‘The whole team is very good at adapting their service to clients’ needs and delivering a service of high value to adaptable costs.‘
Grosvenor Europe/GERP Sverige AB/Grosvenor Fund Management Sweden AB
Grandab Management AB/Grandab Fastigheter AB
Scorett Footwear AB
Långflons Köpcentrum AB
Wood & Hill AB/Wood & Hill Fastigheter AB
WH Bolagen Sverige AB
- Advised Grandab Fastigheter, a joint venture between Grandab Management and a Luxembourg investment vehicle, on its acquisition via share transfer of Göteborg Krokslätt 34:18, a commercial property in Gothenburg.
- Assisted Wood & Hill with its acquisition of Fysiken Fastigheter Holding, which is currently constructing 206 student flats in Karlstad.
- Assisting Grosvenor Europe with drafting and negotiating lease agreements and agreements with municipalities, contractors, suppliers and other business partners.
Advokatfirman Schjødt regularly handles residential, mixed-use and industrial real estate transactions, with Charles Andersson acting for a roster of Nordic investment firms, real estate funds and housing developers. The team has expertise in commercial leasing law and assists international clients with retail operations; typical issues include lease terminations, negotiating agreements and handling contentious matters. Former practice head Nicklas Hansen has moved to Morris Law.
‘Provides high availability and wide-ranging competence.‘
‘A broad level of competence with skilled teams which deliver great results on time.‘
‘Schjødt is for me a highly valued firm for its extensive experience in complex real estate challenges. We work closely together in various real estate matters, and they always provide solid and balanced counsel in the right time.‘
‘Charles Andersson is business minded with an extremely high understanding of the client’s business rationale combined with full availability around the clock and attention to detail. ‘
‘Charles Andersson always delivers with a high level of competence, on time, with a high level of service.‘
Scandinavian Property Group
Investment AB Spiltan
King in West AB
Nischer Properties AB
Lidl Sverige KB
Gamla Liv SEB Tryggliv
Ulfunda Slott AB
- Advised Scandinavian Property Group on the acquisition of development rights for a project comprising 200 dwellings.
- Advised Provinsfastigheter on the sale of a mixed-use property portfolio totalling SEK353m.
- Advised Maelir on the acquisition of the historic Södra Teatern theatre building and the company operating the theatre.
Baker McKenzie’s real estate practice handles mid-tier property acquisitions and disposals for a predominantly international client base of real estate companies, property developers and investment firms from the UK, Asia and Europe. Practice head Tobias Edenman recently handled transactions involving logistics sites, student accommodation and residential property, and associate Kristina Dunbring assisting with a range of mandates including commercial lease negotiations.
‘The team has taken a leadership role in the process, striking a balance of reaching operational results with acceptable risk level, and evaluating and informing the present risks clearly. This resulted in a reasonably smooth process in a complicated transaction which had various potentially risky pitfalls.‘
‘Tobias Edenman was a superb adviser on a complex property deal. He was quick to understand the nature of the transaction and quick to adjust the contracts during client meetings in his office. His handling of the various authorities led to a smooth transfer of the ownership of the properties to the newly formed AB.‘
‘Tobias Edenman and Kristina Dunbring delivered on time and were responsive. Both have showed the level of commitment which is required. The knowledge has been good and both of them have the energy to anticipate and manage the process smoothly with acceptable risk levels.‘
Runsten Equestrian AB
Aros Bostadsutveckling AB
Jinjiang International Holdings
Schur Flexibles Holding GesmbH
Lund Waterfront Packaging District AB
- Acted for Prime Living on several divestments of real estate throughout Sweden, which are primarily used for student accommodation.
- Assisted Runsten Equestrian with the acquisition of a well-known equestrian site in Sweden, comprising approximately 30 properties
- Acted for DistIT on the sale of a logistics site in Stockholm.
Bird & Bird’s real estate transactions are handled by Jan Berg, who advises global clients from the firm’s wider network on high-value retail and residential acquisitions and disposals in the Swedish market. Berg has notable experience in sale-and-leaseback transactions, real estate fund financing issues, joint ventures and commercial tenancy law. The client roster also includes domestic property developers and international pension funds.
Barings Real Estate
Elite Alfred Berg Real Estate Fund
HEBA Fastighets AB
- Assisted Barings Real Estate with the acquisition of a residential development project in Spånga for SEK1.3bn.
- Advised Elite Alfred Berg Real Estate Fund on the SEK4.5bn sale of a retail portfolio to Trophi Fastighets.
- Advised HEBA Fastighets on its acquisition of a residential development project in Stockholm from Skanska for SEK449m.
EY Law is noted for advising international real estate investors on transactions in the Swedish market. The growing team, which is led by Christian Johard, handles residential property sales, purchases and developments, retail asset transactions, industrial property acquisitions and real estate sales via share transfer. Domestic property developers are also on the group's client roster and the team often works with the firm’s tax practitioners to efficiently structure real estate transactions.
‘Exceptional knowledge and a speedy delivery.‘
‘The partners are accessible and very user friendly, especially for international investors looking to invest into Sweden. Great negotiating skills.‘
‘Extremely quick to respond compared to other competing firms.’
‘Christian Johard is excellent at finding creative solutions to complex issues.‘
Catalyst Capital LLP
Ankarhagen Fastigheter AB
Rico Estate Development AB
Storstaden Stockholm Bostad AB
NCAP Nordic Investment & Capital Partners
- Assisted Catalyst Core Plus European Property Fund with the acquisition of the Center Syd shopping centre in Mamlö from Barings for €60m.
- Assisted real estate investor Karlskronahem with the sale of residential and elderly care properties totalling SEK500m to SBB.
- Advised Ronnebyhus on the sale of ten properties comprising 642 apartments to Westgren Förvaltning.
Recent highlights for Foyen Advokatfirma’s real estate practice include establishing joint ventures for property developments, restructuring real estate funds and negotiating commercial leases. On the transactional side, practice head Henrik Ståhlberg handled building rights purchases, forward funding transactions and disposals of residential property in central Stockholm. The client base includes municipalities, private property owners, housing associations and residential developers.
City of Stockholm
- Advised Micasa Fastigheter on the sale of the Hamnvakten leasehold in central Stockholm to Landia.
- Advising the City of Stockholm on property and tenancy law issues relating to the refurbishment of the Kulturhuset cultural centre.
- Advised publicly owned residential property company Botkyrkabyggen on the purchase of building rights from SHH.
MAQS Advokatbyrå’s real estate practice handles transactions and leasing negotiations for domestic and international property owners and investment funds. Gothenburg-based Katrin Troedsson leads the practice and, with key names Jessica Svantesson and Magnus Bengtsson, handles mid-tier transactions involving residential properties, the disposal of building rights and the establishment of joint ventures. Recent highlights on the leasing side include negotiations for commercial buildings and universities.
Älvstranden Utveckling AB
Cromwell Property Group
Fortinova Fastigheter AB
Executive Property Europe AB
Fastighets Aktiebolaget Trianon
Serneke Group AB
MKB Fastighets AB
- Assisted Serneke with an agreement with Castellum for the transfer of the client’s properties at Säve airport for SEK1.1bn.
- Advised Fastighets Aktiebolaget Trianon on an agreement with Willhem for the acquisition of eleven properties in Malmö comprising 781 flats.
- Assisted Executive Property with the negotiations of a 25-year lease agreement for Västerviksanstalten in Västervik.