Allen & Overy has a strong reputation for large-scale M&A in Spain, often taking key roles on major deals in the market. The Madrid-based team has seen an uptick in transactions, particularly in the private equity, infrastructure and energy sectors; in the latter, it benefits from the input of the firm's energy specialists and has established a good position for energy-sector M&A involving major Spanish companies. Senior partner Fernando Torrente, Íñigo del Val and Ignacio Hornedo jointly lead the practice and are well regarded. Counsel Teresa Méndez is a key practitioner in the team, having worked on a large number of the department's recent deals. Senior associates Bosco De Checa and Patricia Figueroa are also names to note.
Commercial, corporate and M&A in Spain
Allen & Overy
Fernando Torrente; Íñigo del Val; Ignacio Hornedo
Other key lawyers:
Teresa Méndez; Francisco Martínez; Bosco De Checa; Patricia Figueroa; Elena Cortina
‘The A&O Spain M&A team stands out for its capacity to adapt, to be available and to solve problems that arise (especially when managing projects abroad).’
‘Deal-oriented, for them it comes first, as for the client. They put themselves in our shoes and understand our needs. Resolute and intelligent, they look for practical solutions and focus on the key points, managing well the negotiation of the fronts and knowing what to fight and what to give in. Customer-oriented, they respond on time, do not leave pending issues, give importance and are on top Legal capacity, excellence of work and attention to detail. Extraordinary quality.’
‘Both Iñigo del Val (Partner) and Bosco de Checa stand out for their closeness, commitment and professionalism.’
‘Iñigo del Val – Excellent professional, excellence and quality, availability, commercial flexibility and a wonderful person. Francisco Martinez – senior associate – Excellent team player, good person and creates a good environment, outstanding knowledge.’
‘The M&A team is very flexible and agile. Everyone is aware of the matter so they can respond at any time. They have excellent communication and coordination between the various teams of the Firm, whether in Madrid or in other jurisdictions.’
‘Agility, rigor and customer orientation, empathy with their needs. To be a multidisciplinary team with great coordination with colleagues from other jurisdictions.’
‘Iñigo del Val, Jaime Rodríguez and Elena Cortina are recommended.’
‘Both Patricia Figueroa and Ignacio Hornedo have done exceptional work. Special mention for Patricia who dominates all aspects of the transaction, perfectly defending the interests of the client.’
Santander Consumer Finance
- Advised Sabadell on the sale of SDIN, its real estate developer, together with a portfolio of real estate assets, to Oaktree
- Advised Imperial Brands in the sale of Worldwide Premium Cigar Business for €1,225m.
- Advised EQT Private Equity on the acquisition of a majority stake in Freepik from its founders and management team, who will remain as minority owners.
The highly regarded M&A team at Clifford Chance works out of the firm's Madrid and Barcelona offices and is equipped to handle high-profile domestic and cross-border transactions. Equally strong is the firm's private equity practice; it remains a popular choice for corporates, private equity houses and financial investors, and has recently expanded its client base further with several new client wins. Public and private M&A specialist Javier García de Enterría leads the team, which includes Javier Amantegui, Jaime Velázquez, Samir Azzouzi and Luis Alonso, whose 'experience shows immediately when answering questions about very complicated situations'. Associates to note include Miguel Barredo, Javier Hermosilla and Jorge Martín.
Javier García de Enterría
Other key lawyers:
Luis Alonso; Javier Amantegui; Samir Azzouzi; Jaime Velázquez; Miguel Barredo; Javier Hermosilla; Jorge Martín; Guillermo Guardia
‘It is a proactive, dynamic team that understands our sector and needs very well, integrates with our internal team and achieves excellent results in our operations. They have earned our trust for any corporate operation.’
‘Luis Alonso is, in my opinion, the lawyer who makes the difference between Clifford Chance and his competitors, and has become our reference lawyer for M&A operations. I would highlight the clarity and practicality of his advice and, above all, his negotiation skills, with which he manages to bring operations to fruition by looking for options that fit all parties.’
‘Luis works with a group of associates who deserve a very high opinion, including Javier Hermosilla, Jorge Martín and Miguel Barredo. All of them add value to the team.’
‘It is about a cohesive, eminently pragmatic team that puts itself in the client’s shoes, understanding the context of the situation. They always come up with solutions, rarely a problem. They are creative and imaginative, with a deep understanding of applicable law and doctrine.’
‘Luis Alonso, always “hands on” and available. His experience shows immediately when answering questions about very difficult situations. He has already lived them and has several alternatives. If not, the matter is studied thoroughly and very quickly. It transmits a lot of security and guarantee in making decisions on complex issues.’
‘Javier García de Enterría. The only voice with authority on takeover bids in Spain. Nobody (the other competing firms) questions his thesis, due to his deep knowledge of the subject. Always available, with a calm demeanor, he seeks practical solutions to complex situations. It transmits a lot of security and guarantee.’
‘Technically good and reliable, with the flexibility and adequate negotiation capacity to reach solutions and agreements.’
‘Guillermo Guardia and Javier Hermosilla are recommended.’
Actividades de Construcción y Servicios, S.A. (ACS) (IBEX 35)
Banco Santander (IBEX 35)
Bankia (IBEX 35)
Caixabank (IBEX 35)
Cellnex (IBEX 35)
Cimsa (Sabanci Group)
Construcción y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles (CAF)
Corporación Financiera Alba, SA
Distribuidora Internacional de Alimentación, S.A. (“DIA”)
Endesa (IBEX 35)
Finerge (First State)
Forestalia Renovables, S.L.
Iberdrola (IBEX 35)
Madrileña Red de Gas
MásMovil (IBEX 35)
Red Eléctrica (IBEX 35)
Telefónica (IBEX 35)
- Advising Telefónica on the €42bn merger of its UK subsidiary O2 with Liberty Global’s Virgin Media.
- Advising Masmovil on the agreed €5bn takeover bid launched by a consortium of funds including KKR, Cinven and Providence.
- Advising the ACS group on the sale of its photovoltaic power business in Spain to the Portuguese energy company Galp, for a total capacity of 2,930MW and an EV of €2.2bn.
One of the most active Spanish M&A firms in Europe, Cuatrecasas maintains a large market share for inbound and cross-border deals. Clients of the firm also benefit from its Knowledge and Innovation Group, which counts over 40 lawyers, academics and IT specialists and provides access to recent legal developments and legal solutions. In internal developments, the M&A practice expanded with the hire of Javier Martí-Fluxá, and also grew organically with the promotion of Marcos García González to partner in 2020. Multi-jurisdictional M&A experts Javier Villasante and Victor Xercavins jointly lead the practice. Other key practitioners include Federico Roig and Juan Aguayo.
Javier Villasante; Víctor Xercavins
Other key lawyers:
Federico Roig; Juan Aguayo; Raimundo Segura; Mariano Ucar; Alejandro Payá; Marcos García González; Javier Martí-Fluxá
Fortress Investment Group
- Advising on selling Accelya and its subsidiaries. Value: €1.175bn.
- Advising some shareholders on selling the company to China Railway. Value: €704m.
- Advising on acquiring EDP Comercializadora, which includes a portfolio of 2.5m clients and two combined-cycle power plants with a capacity of 850 MW. Value: €515m.
The corporate and M&A department at Garrigues is 'formed by exceptional professionals' and excels in high-value domestic and cross-border deals, particularly transactions involving Europe and Latin America. With a diverse client base, the team has recently handled deals in the telecoms, insurance, financial services and energy sectors, among others. Mónica Martín de Vidales regularly advises clients - including listed companies - on high-end deals and corporate governance. She leads the team alongside Álvaro López-Jorrín, who is an 'excellent technician' and 'very business minded'. Also of note are executive chairman and managing partner Fernando Vives and head of the corporate governance practice Sergio González Galán.
Mónica Martín de Vidales; Álvaro López-Jorrín
Other key lawyers:
Fernando Vives; Sergio González Galán; Jose Luis Ortín; Aida González; Beatriz Amillo; Roldán García Pereda
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria
IAG (International Airlines Group)
- Advised Bankinter on the distribution in kind of the full share premium (totalling €1.184bn) by delivering to its shareholders 82.6% of the share capital of its subsidiary Línea Directa Aseguradora, which will become an independent, publicly-traded insurer.
- Advised International Airlines Group on the purchase (through IB Opco Holding) of Air Europa, the air division of Globalia Corporación Empresarial, for €1bn to be paid in cash at closing.
- Advised Enagás, which entered into an agreement with affiliates of Blackstone Infrastructure Partners and GIC to invest €2.9bn for a 100% indirect ownership interest in Tallgrass Energy LP.
With a domestic and international reputation that precedes it, Linklaters acts for major financial services, life sciences and infrastructure companies, as well as private equity houses and sovereign wealth funds. The Madrid-based corporate team has remained busy, acting on a number of high-end deals on both the seller and buyer side. Carmen Burgos was promoted to partner in 2019; she specialises in M&A, TMT and IP. Other key names in the sizeable department include practice head Víctor Manchado, whose expertise includes public and private M&A, Lara Hemzaoui, whose broad practice includes M&A, joint ventures and restructurings, and senior partner Alejandro Ortiz.
Other key lawyers:
Alejandro Ortiz; Carmen Burgos; Lara Hemzaoui; Alexander Kolb; Esteban Arza; Jaime Zurita; José Giménez; Jesús Alfaro
‘Alex Kolb, Jaime Perez Bustamante y Fredrik Lowhagen are recommended.’
‘They give a lot of security, they explain everything, they always have a plan B and they work even harder than their peers.’
- Advising SIX on the public offer for Bolsas y Mercados Españoles, Sociedad Holding de Mercados y Sistemas Financieros, S.A. (BME), the operator of Spanish financial market infrastructures.
- Advising Carlyle on the acquisition of a significant minority stake in Compañía Española de Petróleos (Cepsa) from Mubadala Investment Company (Mubadala).
- Advising Globalia on the sale of its air division, comprised by Air Europa, Aeronova and León Activos Aeronáuticos, to IB OPCO Holding, a company controlled by International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG).
Pérez-Llorca fields a sizeable team of corporate lawyers and maintains an impressive market share in M&A in the Spanish market. Cross-border work is also a regular feature in the team's workload, with recent deals involving the UK, Italy, Portugal and Mexico. The department has seen significant growth in recent years, and was further bolstered by the arrival of Dídac Severino in 2019 and Marcel Enrich in 2020 from other firms. Practice head Javier Carvajal advises on national and international transactions, with an emphasis on Canada and India. Other key figures in the department include name partner Pedro Pérez-Llorca, Pablo González Mosqueira and Alfredo Lafita. In February 2021, corporate partner Javier Gómez moved to the New York office, replacing Iván Delgado, who returned to the Madrid practice.
Other key lawyers:
Pedro Pérez-Llorca; Pablo González Mosqueira; Francisco Iso; Alfredo Lafita; Carmen Reyna; José María de Paz; Julio Lujambio; Alejandro Alberte; Pedro Marques da Gama; Beatriz Montes; Javier Gómez; Iván Delgado
CVC Capital Partners
I Squared Capital
Johnson & Johnson
- Advised LetterOne on the voluntary public takeover bid launched over 100% of the shares of DIA at an offer price of €0.67 per share, which values DIA at €417m.
- Advised Iberdrola on the sale of its 8.07% stake in Siemens Gamesa to Siemens.
- Advised to Grupo Caabsa on the investment in Obrascón Huarte Lain, S.A. (OHL).
With 'great experience in international processes that affect various jurisdictions', Uría Menéndez is a go-to firm for cross-border M&A, particularly involving Spanish and Portuguese-speaking countries. The department has recently seen an uptick in market activity, and has handled a number of deals involving companies in the telecoms, energy and banking sectors. Outside of M&A, the team has a strong corporate governance offering; Cándido Paz-Ares is a name to note in this area. Private equity and M&A expert Manuel Echenique, who previously worked in the firm's London office, and Francisco San Miguel, who previously undertook a secondment in New York, jointly lead the practice. Salvador Sánchez-Terán, Juan Miguel Goenechea and Juan Francisco Falcón are other names to note.
Manuel Echenique; Francisco San Miguel
Other key lawyers:
Salvador Sánchez-Terán; Juan Miguel Goenechea; Juan Francisco Falcón; Cándido Paz-Ares;Antonio Herrera; Christian Hoedl; Teresa Paz-Ares; Jaime Pereda; Pedro Ravina; Rafael Nuñez-Lagos; Pablo González-Espejo; Leonor de Osma
‘Very good technically, and knowledgeable in various matters within the commercial field closely associated with M&A processes that are very useful to be able to lead all the workstreams of an operation of this type (financial, regulatory, banking product, etc.) – Great experience in international processes that affect various jurisdictions – Absolute availability. A lot of involvement of the partners. Antonio Herrera (partner of the Barcelona office) deserves to stand out for these qualities.’
‘Creativity and flexibility.’
‘Christian Hoedl is recommended.’
‘Technical rigor and legal excellence. Absolute commitment and dedication.’
‘They engage in the transactions as if they were their own.’
‘Jaime Pereda, Javier Ruiz Cámara, Leonor de Osma and Pedro Ravina are recommended.’
‘The plus is a very high capacity and technical knowledge together with a high knowledge of internal and business needs and absolute participation and availability of the partners. I especially highlight Pablo González-Espejo and Rafael Núñez-Lagos.’
Coca-Cola European Partners
Mediaset España Comunicación, S.A.
Global Racing LX2 S.a.r.l.
Vista Equity Partners
Abanca Corporación Bancaria, S.A.
Alantra Partners, S.A.
- Advising in the c. €5.9bn total spin-off of ConnecT, the previous holder of 29.9% of Cellnex, which was directly acquired by GIC, ADIA and Edizione in the following percentages: 6.73%, 6.73% and 16.45%.
- Advised on the cross-border merger of Mediaset España Comunicación and its parent company Mediaset into Mediaset Investment, preceded by the hive-down of the entire business of Mediaset España Comunicación and its parent company Mediaset into wholly-owned subsidiaries.
- Advised on the acquisition by Lone Star of (i) an 80% interest in two of Bankia’s REO portfolios valued at €1.65bn, and (ii) a 100% interest in Bankia’s NPL portfolio valued at gross €1.42bn.
Highlighted for its 'respect for the strictest standards of professional ethics', Ashurst LLP's corporate team balances a busy workload of M&A, joint ventures and corporate restructurings, demonstrating particular strength in real estate, energy and insurance-sector deals. Distressed M&A and investments in special situations - including non-performing loan (NPL) portfolio acquisitions - also feature. Practice head María José Menéndez has a good reputation in the market and track record in M&A; other key names include Jorge Vázquez, the managing partner of the firm's Madrid office since 2019, Pedro Ester, Andrés Alfonso, counsel Francisco de León and senior associate Tannia Rodríguez.
Maria Jose Menendez
Other key lawyers:
Jorge Vázquez; Pedro Ester; Andrés Alfonso; Francisco de León; Francisco Vázquez, Tannia Rodríguez; María García de Vega; Camilo Luna
‘A great multidisciplinary team that draws on the experience of high calibre lawyers skilled on the different aspect of the law.’
‘The Ashurst team is especially reliable and close to the customer. Great vocation of customer service in terms of availability and proactivity.’
‘Andres Alfonso is recommended.’
‘Pedro Ester, Partner, stands out for his: High involvement in the day to day of the project; Total availability; High reliability in terms of deadlines, processes, etc.; Honesty; High technical-legal capacity; Always creative solutions and proactive search for alternatives; Defense of the client’s interests at all times; Empathy and emotional intelligence; Ability to efficiently lead negotiations with counterparties; Mastery of all aspects of an M&A process; Leadership and coordination of other areas of the firm.’
‘Good knowledge of the sector, with the utmost respect for the strictest standards of professional ethics. Dedication and absolute availability and exquisite care for the quality of the delivered product. Time management and the relationship with the counterpart makes you forget about all the “purely legal” text, being able to focus (also with their help) on the key aspects of the negotiations.’
‘Jorge Vazquez is, by far, the best lawyer I have worked with. It aligns itself very well with the business, which gives great value to its recommendations. It does not limit itself to exposing risks, but rather it provides solutions, also assessing the risks and advantages thereof. ‘
‘They have a very practical and business approach to matters. They are concerned not only with being legally exquisite, but also with finding a creative solution that responds to a specific business problem, previously acquiring deep knowledge of the clients’ business. Of course, this is a characteristic that an in-house lawyer appreciates in an outside lawyer and a differential point compared to other M&A teams that focus on providing legal reports but not so much solutions.’
‘I would highlight the professionalism, closeness and involvement with the client of Pedro Ester and Isabel Matute.’
Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras, S.A.
InfraVia Capital Partners
Waterfall Asset Management
Ladbrokes Betting and Gaming Limited (GVC Holdings Group)
Haya Real Estate
Nationale Nederlanden (NN Group)
- Advised Iridium throughout the selling process of 74% of the group’s stake in six shadow toll concessions in Spain, finally acquired by the British fund Hermes Infrastructure.
- Advising InfraVia on the acquisition of Molgas Energy Holding, a company leader in the energy service sector for liquified natural gas (LNG) which has operations in Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Ireland and the UK, from Broadview Holding BV and Nuntelias.
- Advised Waterfall on the acquisition of the following portfolios: (i) Chamonix: mortgage-backed NPL portfolio sold by Caixabank; and (ii) Cannas: mortgage-backed NPL portfolio sold by Novo Banco.
The corporate and M&A lawyers at Baker McKenzie 'demonstrate a strong expertise on M&A aspects and they always provide us with continuous guidance with regard to potential risks'. The multi-disciplinary team is adept in M&A involving consumer goods, education, hotel and hospitality companies, with vast experience on both the seller and buyer side. Recent team developments included the promotion of Luis Fuster and Juanjo Corral to partner in 2020; their expertise spans commercial law, M&A and joint ventures. Enrique Carretero and Javier Menor lead the team, which also includes key partners Maite Diez and Jorge Adell.
Enrique Carretero; Javier Menor
Other key lawyers:
Maite Diez; Jorge Adell; Luis Fuster; Luis Casals; Enrique Valera; Juanjo Corral; Laura Pons; Cristina Rios
‘Baker has a more practical and commercial approach and the responsiveness and availability of the M&A team are excellent.’
‘I mostly work with Javier Menor, partner of M&A he is a true leader, good lawyer and great individual.’
‘I would highlight the following aspects as those most valued for me: responsiveness, availability, business orientation, engagement and good communication skills of the team, clarity and quality of the work and alignment with our business objectives.’
‘I would make special mention of the role played by Maite Diez and Luis Fuster. Maite and Luis are extremely quick and responsive. It is a real VIP treatment. The capacity of response and availability of the team is amazing. They also demonstrate a strong expertise on M&A aspects and they always provide us with continuous guidance with regard to potential risks. Their advice is very clear and commercial, always aligned with our business and strategic objectives. I feel that they understand our needs and expectations. We also appreciate that budget and all cost negotiations have been well managed with the team on a timely basis.’
‘Thinking about a cross-border deal where several jurisdictions were involved, we feel that Maite Diez and Luis Fuster did a brilliant job in leading and coordinating different Baker McKenzie offices. Maite is a senior and very experienced M&A partner. She is on top of all matters, has the overall picture and is always available to provide useful insights, practical approaches and alternatives for difficult issues. Luis demonstrated very strong expertise during the whole project and in particular with documents and during final negotiations with a business oriented approach. He knows perfectly his area and he has an ability to press necessary points forward, being also actively involved in discussing the commercial and financial points.’
‘Good at technical matters.’
Naturgy Energy Group, S.A.
Grupo Corporativo Landon, S.L.
Caixa Capital Risc, SGEIC, S.A.
Abac Solutions Manager, S.à r.l.
Mifarma Tienda Online, S.L.
Black Label Equity I SCR
North Bay US Capital Management LLC
TA Associates (IEP Group)
Blackstone (HI Partners)
- Lead counsel to Puig, the third generation family owned fashion and fragrance company based in Barcelona, on its acquisition of a majority stake in London-based Charlotte Tilbury, the iconic make up and skincare brand.
- Acted for Banco Santander and other financial entities in Naturgy’s €550m acquisition of 42% of Medgaz.
- Advised Grupo Corporativo Landon, the private wealth management company of the Gallardo family, on a private placement of a 6.3% stake in Spanish pharmaceutical company Almirall to qualified and institutional investors.
CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo counts blue-chip Spanish and international companies among its clients and recently expanded its portfolio with several new clients in the financial services, travel and transport sectors. The sizeable team operates from the firm's Madrid, Barcelona and Seville offices and handles a range of transactions, from high-end M&A to joint ventures. In recent team developments, Javier Leyva and Rafael Sánchez left the firm. Managing partner César Albiñana heads the department, with support from chairman Rafael Suárez de Lezo, Luis Miguel de Dios and José María Rojí.
Other key lawyers:
Rafael Suárez de Lezo; Ignacio Cerrato; Pedro Ferreras; Luis Miguel de Dios; José María Rojí; Rafael Sáez; Guillermo Donadeu
‘They compare very favorably. Exquisite knowledge of business practice stands out a lot in CMS M&A attorneys. It is always up to date with the latest news, a magnificent job when writing and always based on its extensive experience.’
‘The M&A team has excellent professionals. Special mention to Ignacio Cerrato who handles highly complex matters and with enormous skill. His immediate attention to the client always stands out and always anticipates its needs, taking care of the client’s problems in a decisive and practical way. In his hands, as a client, I feel very safe since he transmits a lot of confidence and courage in certainly complicated situations. A lawyer to stand out in the market. ‘
‘Business-oriented, transparency, professional, quality engagement.’
‘My interaction has been with Pedro Ferreras mainly and we are very satisfied with the services. He is agile, close, practical, his advice always takes into account the needs of the business and his services are of quality.’
‘Pedro Ferreras Pedro is an agile, practical and close lawyer, with solid experience in social and M&A as well as in advising startups.’
‘Rafael Sáurez, in insurance law / related to insurance (regulatory), is also agile, close, and sensitive to business needs.‘
Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners
Boluda Corporación Marítima and Boluda Towage
Real Asset Advisers Limited
- Advising Colgate-Palmolive on the EUR 1.5 billion acquisition of Laboratoires Filorga Cosmétiques.
- Advising Spanish industrial and infrastructure company Acciona S.A. in its full subscription to the capital increase carried out by German wind turbine manufacturer Nordex SE as part of a private placement.
- Advising Hermes Infrastructure, a UK-based investment manager, on the acquisition of a 74% stake in six shadow toll concessions in Spain from Iridium, a subsidiary of Spain-based ACS. The deal value was EUR 900 million.
DLA Piper's corporate and M&A department benefits from cross-border collaboration with colleagues in the firm's office network, allowing it to handle multi-jurisdictional transactions. In Spain, the firm's full-service offering is another advantage in M&A, allowing it to cover related employment, tax and corporate governance matters. The highly regarded Joaquín Echánove's 'experience, ethics, negotiating skills and rapport with his client make him a very valuable asset in any transaction'. Practice head José María Gil-Robles maintains an active practice and has a good track record in domestic and international M&A. Teresa Zueco is another name to note.
José María Gil-Robles
Other key lawyers:
Joaquín Echánove; Teresa Zueco; Enrique Chamorro; Jesús Palencia; Rocío García; Héctor Gómez
‘The team at DLA is excellent always with alternatives and flexibility to help operations overcome obstacles.’
‘Joaquín Echánove is an excellent professional whose experience, ethics, negotiating skills and rapport with his client make him a very valuable asset in any transaction.’
‘Very close involvement of partners and senior lawyers. Deep understanding of the Market and the risks that the client may or may not assume. Multidisciplinary firm with a presence in almost the entire world.’
‘They engage in operations as if they were part of the client’s team. Deep knowledge of customer needs. Sincere recommendations on what can or cannot be accepted in a negotiation. 100% availability.’
‘Commitment and dedication. The comparison would be favorable due to its technical rigor.’
‘Professionalism and dedication.’
Papeles y Cartones de Europa SA (“Europac”)
Elliott Capital Advisers
Combell Group BV
PKA Private Funds III
LGT European Capital Limited (“LGT”)
Centerbridge Partners Europe, LLP
Starwood Capital Europe Advisers
TÜV Rheinland AG
AnaCap Financial Parters (“AnaCap”)
- Provided advice to the client on the acquisition by GBL of a majority stake in the Webhelp group held by KKR, together with its co-founding shareholders, Olivier Duha and Frédéric Jousset, who would retain their role as founding executive directors, and its management team.
- Advised Elliott Capital Advisers as significant selling shareholder of shares representing a 12.79% stake in the share capital of Spanish listed company Parques Reunidos Servicios Centrales (PQR), in the context of the delisting takeover bid launched for PQR’s shares by Piolin Bidco.
- Advising Rakuten (lead investor) and a group of co-investors in the various financing rounds of on-demand delivery app platform Glovo, which operates in Europe, LatAm and Africa.
Well-regarded firm Gómez-Acebo & Pombo is active in big-ticket M&A, including in deals involving listed companies, and has the size and resources to balance a high volume of transactions. Its recent workload has included deals in the energy, insurance, retail and life sciences sectors, and the team also handles venture capital deals involving technology companies. Iñigo Erláiz is highly regarded, as is 'seasoned lead lawyer' Mónica Weimann, who 'remains cool under pressure'. Other key figures include Fernando de las Cuevas, who is the head of the firm's China desk and co-head of the French desk, public M&A expert Augusto Piñel and Estibaliz Aranburu.
Iñigo Erláiz; Fernando de las Cuevas
Other key lawyers:
Mónica Weimann; Augusto Piñel; Cristina Sánchez Weickgenannt; Estibaliz Aranburu; Samara Schaar Orive; Ignacio de la Fuente; Estibaliz Aranburu; Almudena Arpón de Mendívil y Aldama; Daniel Marín; Guillermo Guerra Martín; Rubén Ferrer
‘The team was involved from the first moment in the aspects, not only legal, but also strategic, of the operation, which allowed them to add great strategic value to a very complex negotiation process.’
‘The implication and involvement in the day to day. Iñigo Erláiz is undoubtedly an excellent partner who stands out in Spain for his good work.’
‘Augusto’s knowledge of the financial-real estate sector is exceptional and gives you peace of mind when advising you on any transaction.’
‘My relationship with the firm’s professionals has been around for a long time, it is based on a relationship of trust that starts from having been able to feel corporate problems as their own and always find creative formulas for their resolution.’
‘Comprehensive legal advice, ability to cover all aspects of an energy transaction professionally ranging from due diligence, advice and negotiation of supply and service contracts (EPC, O&M, PPA etc.), advice and negotiation on transaction docs (SPA, shareholder agreement, non-recourse project financing).’
‘Monica Weimann: Seasoned lead lawyer, remains cool under pressure, technically strong, very client focused. Christina Sanchez-Weickgenannt: Great drafting and attention to detail. Samara Schaar: Strong project coordination and steering.’
‘Proven expertise in this type of operation. Language management. Negotiation and advisory capacity.’
‘Estibaliz Aramburu and Ignacio de la Fuente: Absolute availability and direct contact.’
- Provided advice to Caser, one of the biggest Spanish insurance companies, and its management board in the selling process of a 70% stake of Caser to the Swiss company Helvetia.
- Advised Laureate on the sale of its institutions in Spain and Portugal to Permira.
- Advising Fundación Bancaria Ibercaja, Ibercaja Banco’s main shareholder, in its initial offering of shares to qualified investors (IPO).
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP has established a good reputation for M&A in the Spanish market, and its international office network allows it to handle cross-border deals involving countries in Europe and the Americas. Private equity deals are a particular specialism, with the firm counting a number of Spain-focused private equity houses among its clients. Alberto Frasquet often advises investment banks, private equity houses and corporations on corporate and capital markets deals. He leads the practice with corporate partner Nicolás Martín, who is also part of the firm's global council. Pablo García-Nieto receives strong praise.
Alberto Frasquet; Nicolás Martín
Other key lawyers:
Pablo García-Nieto; Óscar Cabezuela; Guillermo Uriarte; Marcos Fernández-Rico
‘Very good team, complete (they cover many areas) with a very decisive approach (they take care of what the client is concerned about and solve it). They have a greater resolution focus than other firms.’
‘Pablo García Nieto is exceptional, both in his capacities, as well as in his approach to the client and in his decision-making capacities.’
Antin Infrastructure Partners
Ventura Equity Partners
Cubico Sustainable Investments
- Advised on the acquisition (through Lyntia Networks) of a right of use over c. 57% of the Iberdrola’s optic fibre network and the assignment of the contractual position held by different entities belonging to the group of companies of which Iberdrola is the parent company.
- Represented the client on the potential acquisition of Productos Alimenticios Gallo (Pastas Gallo), a leading Spanish pasta manufacturer.
- Advised on the sale of its asset portfolio from Oaktree Capital (one of the leading private equity firms in Europe) to Altamar (one of the leading global alternative assets manager in Europe).
With a focus on high-end M&A, Latham & Watkins LLP is a popular choice for multinational corporations and private equity firms, which seek the firm's advice on domestic and cross-border transactions. Its advice to Telefónica on the sale of its business in Costa Rica to Liberty Latin America is a case in point; Ignacio Pallarés worked alongside a team of Madrid and New York-based lawyers on the deal. Manuel Deó left the firm in 2019 and María José Descalzo - who specialises in M&A and energy projects - joined from another leading law firm in 2020. José Antonio Sánchez-Dafos specialises in private equity and venture capital investments in Spain and Portugal; Rafael Molina and managing partner of the Madrid office Ignacio Gómez-Sancha are also key contacts.
Other key lawyers:
María José Descalzo; Rafael Molina; Ignacio Gómez-Sancha; Ana González Linares; Ignacio Domínguez
The Carlyle Group
Bolsas y Mercados Españoles
Cerberus Capital Management
- Advising Enagás on its partnership with Blackstone and GIC to acquire US oil and gas distribution company Tallgrass Energy.
- Advised BME’s Board of Directors on the €2.8bn tender offer by SIX Group.
- Advised on the sale of Telefónica Costa Rica to Liberty Latin America.
Corporate and M&A remains at the core of Araoz & Rueda's service offering; it is well versed in transactions in the healthcare, food and beverage, life sciences and renewable energy sectors, among others, where it acts of domestic and international clients alike. The partner-level team expanded with the promotion of corporate and energy specialist Laura Vintanel to partner in 2020, and Guillermo Bueno in 2021. She joins practice head Pedro Rueda, Israel de Diego, Alejandro Fernández de Araoz and Francisco Solchaga.
Pedro Rueda; Israel de Diego; Alejandro Fernández de Araoz
Other key lawyers:
Laura Vintanel; Francisco Solchaga; Guillermo Bueno; Vicente Paramio
‘Team totally dedicated to providing customer service, prioritizing this over purely economic criteria.’
‘Full dedication of the entire team involved in each operation, including the responsible partners.’
‘The experience we have had with the Araoz & Rueda team has been spectacular. We have felt supported and advised at all times over several months in a complex process that was carried out by several bands. The support and involvement of the team has been fundamental and decisive in the negotiation process that we have carried out, the knowledge they have when negotiating and the experience has been a very important part of our success.’
‘The speed with which they have understood our situation in a complex process and the way in which they have been able to turn around a negotiation that was already started, redefining the forms, setting the times and channeling it within an international context, but above all. all the great experience, determination and knowledge that they have shown throughout the process. It was a complete success to put ourselves in their hands.’
‘Active involvement and closeness of the whole team, which is totally client business focussed; deep knowledge of the subjects. They are experts in M&A deals. Team is fully available and committed. ’
‘Israel de Diego has high-level expertise and great negotiation skills and build good relationships with counterparties. She has sound knowledge and problem-solving abilities, as well as an optimistic attitude.
‘Vicente Paramio is an outstanding lawyer: accessible, service oriented and provide always reliable advice.’
‘Guillermo Bueno: Excellent professional, with outstanding technical knowledge and business and commercial skills. Their availability and customer service are extraordinary.’
Riesgos, Tasaciones y Servicios
Servicio de Teleasistencia (Atenzia)
Amadeus Capital Partners
- Provided advice to Bruni Glass, an Italian supplier of glass containers for spirits, wine and beer, on the acquisition of the Spanish company Vidrimón Envases de Vidrio.
- Advised a group of foreign private equity funds on their joint investment in the Spanish company Quibim, biotechnology company specialising in the analysis of medical imaging and nuclear medicine.
- Provided advice to Molecor Group on the sale of a majority stake in the company to MCH Iberian Capital Funds.
Deloitte Legal maintained a busy workload during 2020 notwithstanding the Covid-19 pandemic, with recent deals spanning the telecoms, healthcare and consumer sectors, among others. The practice is led by Sharon Izaguirre, who draws on her vast experience in domestic and cross-border M&A, and also acts as company secretary for several clients. Izaguirre is based in Madrid; key contacts in Barcelona include Cloe Barnils and associate Agustín del Río.
Other key lawyers:
Ignacio Echenagusia; Francisco Mayor; Ignacio Sanjurjo; Cloe Barnils; Agustín del Rio; Íñigo Zumalabe; Diana Soto
‘Agustín del Río: Very high experience, permanent availability, resolution capacity, accessibility, extensive knowledge and complementarity with other fields of law.’
‘Outstanding lawyers: Diana Soto and Agustín del Río Galeote.’
TELEFONICA DE ESPAÑA
KAIZAHARRA CORPORACION EMPRESARIAL
UGUARITA INVESTMENTS (KOBUS PARTNERS)
- Assisted the purchaser in the process acquisition of 50% of Prosegur Alarmas, rendering our advice in the drafting of the R&W of the sellers’ liability scheme of SPA.
- Rendered legal assistance to the purchaser on the drafting and negotiation of the legal documentation for the acquisition of 100% of the target company Airtours Resort Ownership España and its affiliates from Thomas Cook Group as seller.
- Advised on the acquisition by certain private equity funds belonging to the ARTÁ CAPITAL GROUP (through a BidCo) of 100% share capital of the Spanish company Preving Investments and indirectly of all its subsidiaries.
With a strong focus on innovative companies, venture capital firms and angel investors, DWF-RCD has an active practice and large market share, leveraging its sizeable team to handle a high volume of deals. Among its sector specialisms are highly regulated industries including technology and biotechnology. Adolf Rousaud acts for a range of clients, from large multinationals to SMEs; Ignasi Costas leads the innovation and entrepreneurship department.
Adolf Rousau; Ignasi Costas
Other key lawyers:
Iñigo Montesino-Espartero; Javier Olmos; Carles Ros; David Villa; Oscar Alegre; Iñaki Frías
The active and sizeable corporate team at EY Abogados has been particularly active in deals in the technology, healthcare, consumer and agribusiness sectors recently; it is particularly focused on M&A, though it also advises on restructuring and corporate governance. José Carnerero Álvaro was promoted to partner; the department also grew with the arrival of Francisco Silván from another law firm in 2020. Simeón García-Nieto and Francisco Aldavero are also highly regarded.
Other key lawyers:
José Carnerero Álvaro; Susana Gomez Badiola; Francisco Silván; Simeón García-Nieto; Pablo Tramoyeres
‘They do not have a very marked hierarchy with which the entire team participates and is knowledgeable about the things that happen in the transaction, which makes it easier to be able to advance or discuss issues with one or another person on the team without having to wait for the partner to be available. This allows agility in buyers who close several acquisitions a year.’
‘Close, pragmatic treatment, without egos, looking for the best for the client and not only showing superiority over other lawyers.’
‘José Carnerero is recommended.’
‘Simeón Garcia-Nieto, a very complete lawyer with great negotiation skills and who understands the whole of the transaction well. He makes it easier for principals to focus on relevant topics and separate them from the more formal ones.‘
‘Very good professionals, close and very decisive.’
‘I think Francisco Aldavero is one of the best commercial / M & A lawyers in Spain. That is the strength of EY. ‘
‘Francisco Aldavero has a long professional career in transactions with private equity funds, families and corporates. He has enough experience to know how to differentiate the critical legal points and fight for them. It gives a lot of security to the client. And that’s why those who work with him repeat.‘
Illinois Tool Works Inc
Asturiana de Aleaciones
Hijos de Rivera
Camper – Renovis
Indra Sistemas, S.A.
Shanghai Kaichuang Deep Sea Fisheries co. Ltd
Grupo Hospitalario Europeo
Río Tinto Fruits
Corporación Hijos de Rivera
Pesquera Santa Cruz
Roselata Servicios y Gestiones, S.L.U.
Sistemas Informáticos Abiertos, S.A.
NORINVEST CONSUMO, S.L. (GRUPO COBEGA)
ENREACH HOLDING, B.V. (a portfolio company of Waterland Private Equity Investments)
MINERVA STUDENT HOUSING, S.L.
COLLBLANC STUDENT HOUSING, S.L.
ALTA LIFE SCIENCES SPAIN I, F.C.R.
AURICA CAPITAL DESARROLLO, S.G.E.I.C., S.A.U. (Banco Sabadell)
- Provided advice to the shareholders of Iberconsa Group in relation to the sale of Grupo Iberconsa and its subsidiaries to Platinum Equity.
- Advised Portobello Capital in relation to the sale of The Ice Cream Factory to Ferrero International, a global manufacturer of branded chocolate and confectionery products.
- Provided legal advice to Repsol in relation to the acquisition of several wind projects with a combined capacity of 335MW.
Noted for its 'professionalism', 'availability' and 'flexibility', Hogan Lovells International LLP has good experience in inbound and outbound transactions. The team has seen growth with the arrival of senior associate Enrique de Pablos from another high-ranking firm, and the promotion of corporate and M&A lawyer Eduardo Pérez to counsel and commercial law specialist Adrián Fernández to senior associate. In 2020 the firm launched its digital Covid-19 Solution, an AI-based tool to assist financial institutions in tackling the implications and risks posed by the pandemic; the toolkit helps clients deal with high-volume documents and identify issues. Alex Dolmans leads the corporate department and is recommended; private equity expert Graciela Llaneza also receives praise.
Other key lawyers:
Graciela Llaneza; José María Balañá; Eduardo Pérez; Lucas Osorio; Enrique de Pablos; Adrián Fernández; Javier Gazulla; Celso Méndez
‘Hogan Lovells has global coverage, which enables it to meet the needs of global operations. The M&A and Private Equity team at Hogan Lovells in Madrid has top-notch lawyers who provide an excellent quality service. They are able to adapt to the needs of each operation to ensure that it is completed successfully.’
‘Graciela Llaneza is a brilliant lawyer, with excellent technical and negotiation skills and always attentive to the needs of her clients. She has extensive experience in complex operations involving multiple teams in different jurisdictions and is capable of skillfully handling the complicated situations that sometimes arise in operations.’
‘Great team and the work for our common client was above expectations.’
‘Professionalism; Availability; Flexibility; Expertise and access to others with different disciplines; Highly trained associates; Great communication skills; Attention to details; High motivation and dedication -> this all in one team!’
‘Alex Dolmans, Celso Méndez Sánchez-Castillo and Javier Gazulla: Professionalism; Availability; Flexibility; Expertise and access to others with different disciplines; Great communication skills; Attention to details; High motivation and dedication.’
‘Our corporate counsel at Hogan Lovells International (Madrid) has been very responsive and pragmatic in his advice.’
‘Eduardo Pérez provides rapid, concise, business-minded advice about entity formation, corporate governance and other corporate matters.’
Testa Residencial Socimi, SA
HNA Group Co., Ltd
Mahou San Miguel
Alantra Partners, S.A.
Acon Investments, L.L.C.
Rhenus SE & Co. KG
Mirae Asset – Naver Asia Growth Investment
Cranemere Group Limited
Sheela Foam Limited
RiverRock European Capital Partners LLP
Portwest Unlimited Company
- Advised Spain’s largest beer company Mahou on its acquisition of a 90% stake in Founders Brewing Company.
- Advised Germany’s leading logistics group Rhenus on the acquisition of 100% of Spanish group LTK which specialises in aeronautics logistics and warehousing, supporting customers such as Airbus and Alestis in Spain.
- Advised US private equity firm Cranemere on its acquisition of Spanish company Acquabella.
Global firm Jones Day established roots in Spain in 2000 and continues to handle significant domestic and cross-border M&A from its Madrid office, acting for both corporate clients and private equity investors. Practice head Miguel Bermúdez de Castro and associate David Hernández are singled out for praise. Clients also benefits from the expertise of several experienced of counsel, including Blanca Puyol and Federico Merino.
Miguel Bermúdez de Castro
Other key lawyers:
Blanca Puyol; Manuel Vara; Federico Merino; Paloma Mato; Beatriz Píriz; David Hernández
‘Jones Day lawyers have extensive knowledge of corporate practice in all areas, and especially M&A.’
‘Miguel Bermúdez de Castro and David Hernández have a direct relationship with the client and, most importantly, on the matters dealt with, which they lead directly.’
Portobello Capital Gestión SA SGEIC
- Advised Portobello Capital Gestión SA SEGIC in the sale of all shares in Sildoscain Spain (Centauro) to Spanish company Mutua Madrileña.
- Advised Portobello Capital Gestion SA SGEIC in the acquisition and related financing of the Spanish company BT España Compañía de Servicios Globales de Telecomunicaciones.
- Advised Aberdeen Infrastructure in its 47.5% acquisition of the share capital and related financing of the Spanish company Autopista del Guadalmedina, Concesionaria Española.
King & Wood Mallesons
King & Wood Mallesons excels in energy-related M&A, acting for both European energy companies and international investors on Spanish and European deals; Roberto Pomares is a name to note in this area. Transactions involving food and beverage, retail and healthcare companies also feature. Other key members of the team include Pablo Díaz and Germán Cabrera, who have experience in M&A, restructuring and corporate governance, and Teresa García, who was promoted to counsel in 2020.
Carlos Pazos; Roberto Pomares
Other key lawyers:
Pablo Díaz; Germán Cabrera; Teresa García
MCH Private Equity
Moira Capital Partners
Axis Participaciones Empresariales
Danske Private Equity
Gestión Tributaria Territorial
- Advised EDP on the transaction agreed with Macquarie that included the acquisition of Viesgo Distribution (75.1%), Viesgo Renewables (100%) and Viesgo Coal (100%) and the transfer of 24.9% of EDP´s Distribution business (E-Redes). Deal value: €2.7bn.
- Advised Portuguese company Galp on the cross-border acquisition of the solar photovoltaic business of ACS Group in Spain. Deal value: €2.2bn.
- Provided advice to EDP Renováveis on its agreement with ENGIE to create a co-controlled 50/50 joint venture as their exclusive vehicle to develop fixed and floating offshore wind energy projects.
With an excellent track record in energy-related M&A, Watson Farley & Williams LLP is a go-to firm for specialised investors looking to acquire or sell significant energy assets in Spain. Real estate and infrastructure-related deals also feature in the firm's workload. Well-renowned partner María Pilar García Guijarro heads the Madrid office and excels in projects and transactions involving wind and solar energy. Ana Lorenzo and Gonzalo Aranzabal are also names to note.
María Pilar García Guijarro; Gonzalo Aranzabal; Ana Lorenzo
Other key lawyers:
‘The WFW team has extensive experience in the sector, providing great value in transactions due to its ability to identify risks and mitigating them based on practicality, always seeking the successful end of operations.’
‘The firm’s lawyers, led by its managing partner Maria Pilar Garcia, have a legal-commercial approach; They are focused on legal protection, identifying risks in transactions based on their extensive experience in the renewable sector, and always looking for solutions that eliminate or mitigate risks in such a way that they are acceptable for the investor. Its best quality is the wide and deep legal knowledge coupled with a commercial spirit that allows the most complex operations to be carried out well.’
‘Always available to support and have given expert opinion that does not require another review.’
‘Extraordinarily respectful to anyone who had tried to reach the team from the company, not just the legal team.’
Cerberus Capital Management
Ontario Pension Trust
Helios Energy Investment
Noy Infrastructure & Energy Investment Fund
Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
Capital Dynamics Ltd
- Advised CERBERUS Capital Management on the sale of its 100% stake of Renovalia Energy Group, to the Italian fund F2i, one of the biggest transactions in the sector not only in Spain, but also in Europe.
- Advised CIP on the acquisition of several portfolios of wind farms under development with an aggregate capacity of c. 500MW in Spain.
- Advised NOY Fund on the acquisition of a majority stake in two photovoltaic “ready-to-build” projects in Spain called “Olmedilla” and “Sabinar” with a total of 421MWp aggregate capacity, from Hive Energy and White Light Energy.
The 'high performing, focused and dedicated' corporate and M&A team at White & Case LLP specialises in high-end deals. It has recently added a number of new clients to its roster, including private equity firms and food, internet, chemical-sector companies. Practice head Juan Manuel de Remedios is dual qualified in Spain and New York. Yoko Takagi is 'quite simply, an incredibly practical, responsive, thoughtful and smart lawyer'; Carlos Daroca also receives strong praise.
Juan Manuel de Remedios
Other key lawyers:
Yoko Takagi; Carlos Daroca; Julio Peralta
‘I regularly work with them in high-profile deals with an antitrust component and have witnessed first-hand how their partners approach issues not only from a legal perspective, but also from a business and strategic viewpoint. I strongly believe they work hard in keeping the right balance between legal advice and recommended courses of action. Practical and to the point, they are good listeners who understand what their clients are trying to accomplish.’
‘Their M&A team is high performing, focused and dedicated, with unsurpassed experience in deals with an international link.’
‘Key strengths include a lean structure which includes team members at all levels who regularly work together and know each other very well. This way, they can move quicker than comparable firms active in the Spanish legal market.’
‘Yoko Takagi is, quite simply, an incredibly practical, responsive, thoughtful and smart lawyer. She is always available, extremely efficient, great at legal negotiations and has an uncanny ability to anticipate client needs. She always strikes me as getting the right balance between legal and business insight and is extremely good at finding quick solutions.’
‘Carlos Daroca is an outstanding deal lawyer who always holds the best commercial interests of his clients at heart. Smart and results-oriented, he’s one of the leading transactional lawyers in Spain, not only because he’s exceptionally good at what he does, but also, and perhaps more importantly, because he is a real business partner for his clients.’
‘Julio Peralta (Associate) is a rising star in the Spanish M&A legal market with a blossoming career and a great professional future ahead of him. He is a solid and smart young lawyer who works very hard and is always very responsive, detail-oriented and hands-on.‘
IMA Dairy & Food Holding GmbH
Altor Fund V
I Squared Capital
- Represented Nestlé, the world’s largest food and beverage company, in connection with its agreement to sell a 60% stake of Herta to Casa Tarradellas.
- Represented Pfizer Spain, one of the leading pharma companies, in connection with the transaction with GSK Companies for the creation of a consumer healthcare joint venture.
- Represented FCC Aqualia in connection with the acquisition of the French water company SPI Environnement.
Highlighted for its 'global business vision, commitment, pragmatism and ease of teamwork', Andersen focuses on mid-market transactions and has a broad client base. Valencia-based practice head Ignacio Aparicio also manages the firm's Cuban Desk and is highly regarded. Of counsel and member of the Cuban Desk Adargelio Garrido also receives praise, as do Jaime Olleros and senior associates José Trujillo and José Deusa. Javier Bustillo Guzmán joined in January 2021.
Other key lawyers:
José Trujillo; Jaime Olleros; José Deusa; Adargelio Garrido; José Ignacio Olleros; Ignacio Ariño; Pedro Albarrracin; Javier Bustillo Guzmán
‘The high specialization of this firm in international investment projects and, especially, in investment projects in Cuba stands out.’
‘The advice of Ignacio Aparicio is noteworthy. He has extensive experience in advising on investment processes in Latin America and the ability to anticipate the needs that may arise in projects. In Ignacio’s team, other professionals also stand out, Adargelio Garrido and José Trujillo, among others.’
‘They have a support structure that allows obtaining adequate advice in each area of need, not only in terms of field of work but also in terms of geographical location and knowledge of local legislation.’
‘Closeness, speed, adaptation to the client. Very positive for associates Jaime Olleros and Ignacio Aparicio, but also a good connection with José Ignacio Olleros or Ignacio Ariño.’
‘Global business vision, commitment, pragmatism and ease of teamwork.’
‘Andersen’s team of lawyers and prosecutors is highly qualified and very committed to our interests. They study and understand the needs we have in each situation to advise us in the best possible way.’
‘Pedro Albarrracin, is a great professional with whom we feel very comfortable being advised. In general, the entire team is highly committed and professional.’
‘Andersen’s lawyers share the same culture and values. The way of working is the same, seamless. Its qualities are the adaptation to our needs and to the type of operation in which we participate. Its closeness and familiarity. Without a doubt, a reference for us is Ignacio Aparicio, leader of the national and European practice in the area of Corporate and M&A. In his team, we highlight associates José Trujillo and José Deusa.’
Aena Desarrollo Internacional SME, S.A.
Enel Green Power, S.L.
CompuGroup Medical SE
Brooklyn Fitboxing International
Delaviuda Confectionary Group
J. García Carrión
- Advising Imperial Brands PLC on the sale of Worldwide Premium Cigar Business to investment consortia of individual investors for €1,225m.
- Advising Net de Gerrers on the acquisition of 100% of the Andorran company Tunel de Envalira, SA, which has the concession for the Envalira tunnel, the basic transport link between the north of Andorra and southern France.
- Advising The Island Rum Company on the incorporation of a Cuban joint venture for the manufacture and distribution of Cuban rum worldwide under the Vigía brand.
The corporate law specialists at Benow Partners S.L.P. are 'passionate about their work and firm's reputation'; in addition, 'they always try to give a great added value to their services, which is much appreciated'. The team specialises in M&A involving biotech, IT and automobile companies, among others, and also provides day-to-day corporate and commercial advice. Borja Díaz-Guerra left the firm in February 2021.
Other key lawyers:
Alicia Fadón; Miguel Pérez
‘We have been working with Benow Partners for several years, and the truth is that we are delighted with their work. Their skills are very good, their legal knowledge is very solid, they are very accessible. We see them as a very good alternative to other much larger and much more expensive offices. They give a much better service and under much cheaper fees. ‘
‘The Benow team is highly capable to solve any legal aspect that my company has suggested. One of the most relevant issues and for which the Benow team is unique is because of the ability to understand any different complications that we usually present to them. They are really close to the client and we feel that their team is part of our company.’
‘The knowledge in all the matters which we have to work with and the responsibility and trust that they place in each case of our company. We especially work with Fernando Castromil, highly qualified in their respective areas of knowledge. Also, it is very noteworthy for their closeness and empathy to solve the problems always raised with diligence and seriousness.’
‘The team is outstanding. Very high professional skills under reasonable rates. Really good value for money. Without doubt, I would recommend their services.’
‘They are different because they have a different approach towards the clients (at least this is my experience). They always try to give a great added value to their services, which is much appreciated.’
‘In my opinion, the team is extraordinary. We have to work every close to them in different complex matters, and they always surpass our expectations. Smart, capable and responsive lawyers. Extremely good value in terms of fees.’
‘Essentially a team that is passionate about their work and their firm’s reputation without exception in my experience. I think their whole approach breaks the typical model I have encountered at other firms, particularly in terms of working towards a long term corporate relationship.’
FALCON FINANCIAL SERVICES
NORSTRAY & NUART GROUP
ACE & TATE
THE HIGHER BRIDGE
TRADE & WORKING CAPITAL
CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
TROJAN BATTERY COMPANY
- Provided legal advice to ACE & TATE, the Dutch brand of fashionable optic, in its strategic entrance and expansion into the Spanish market.
- Advised VLP BIO on a strategic global collaboration agreement with Bayer, the German life sciences company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, to discover and develop a new generation of immunotherapeutic solutions in the field of veterinary medicine.
- Advised TWC on setting up its legal and commercial structure in Spain, and in its expansion in the Iberian market.
Bird & Bird advises clients on sales, acquisitions, financing rounds and reorganisations, and stands out for its expertise in the food and beverage, life sciences, healthcare and technology sectors. Among the tools that the firm adopts to benefit clients in the corporate area is its twoVenture online platform, which provides guidance and solutions to entrepreneurs when starting new businesses. Highly regarded M&A partner Lourdes Ayala leads the practice.
Other key lawyers:
Santiago Lardies; Diana Sendagorta; Alberto Rodriguez
‘It is a very measured and practical team. They always try to come up with the best solution for their clients.’
‘Lourdes Ayala always shows an enormous capacity for work, understanding of complex problems, creative solutions and strategic vision.’
‘Santiago Lardies also shows a total commitment to his clients and his work.’
‘Alberto Rodríguez has been able to explain very complex issues with great clarity and see details that marked the success of the operation.’
‘Diana Sendagorta is a magnificent client manager understanding your needs and understanding where you are.’
Operating from its Madrid and Barcelona offices, Dentons leverages its broad office network to handle a range of cross-border M&A. The team is particularly active in deals involving TMT, energy and consumer products companies, and also specialises in insurance matters connected with corporate transactions. The firm utilises different tools to expedite corporate transactions; one example is Leverton, an AI-enabled document review tool that is used to extract data from documents. Jesús Durán leads the team, which also includes Nieves Briz, Juan Ignacio Alonso and José María Buxeda.
Other key lawyers:
Nieves Briz; Juan Ignacio Alonso; José María Buxeda
‘Jose María Buxeda has extensive experience in structuring agreements and seeking legal solutions to the different situations that arise.’
‘I highlight Jose María Buxeda for his empathy and his ability to seek solutions for the benefit of the client.’
Sitaonair Switzerland Sàrl (SITA)
Criteria Caixa, S.A.U.
- Advised SITA (a leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology) on the purchase of 100% of share capital of GTD Air Services (a Spanish high-tech company in the air transport sector).
- Advising on securities law and exchange rules applicable to Criteria Caixa in connection with its current holdings listed on the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ.
ECIJA has seen significant growth recently, hiring several new partners in 2019, including Magdalena Bertram and Pablo Jiménez de Parga. Household name companies turn to the corporate and M&A department, which advises on sales, acquisitions, joint ventures and funding rounds. The firm launched its ECIJA Tech tool in 2019; this provides a one-stop-shop legaltech and cybersecurity service to clients, aiming to assist them in the digitalisation of their legal departments. Leticia Domínguez and Emilio Prieto receive praise. The department was further strengthened by the arrival of Borja Díaz-Guerra, who joined the firm in February 2021, while Javier Bustillo Guzmán left the firm in January 2021.
Other key lawyers:
Emilio Prieto; Hugo Écija; Leticia Domínguez; Magdalena Bertram; Gabriel Nadal; Elena Annez de Taboada; Pablo Jiménez de Parga; Marina Martinez
‘They are constantly on top of the issue in question, constantly monitoring it.’
‘Écija stands out for its personalised attention and its high degree of technical knowledge.’
‘The specialised attention, the proximity and its technical reliability.’
‘Our experience with the Ecija team is very satisfactory. They are very competent.’
‘Ecija has a tremendously competent team in the business field, being able to include advice in the most traditional aspects and also in the digital field.’
‘Their best quality is the closeness they maintain in the relationship, making communication as easy as possible at any time. They know how to listen. Excellent professional who is loyal and has managed to expand our services with them: Emilio Prieto.’
‘The availability and creativity in the solutions offered for blockages in operations. Marina Martinez, Leticia Domínguez Pavon, Tamara Soto.’
Melia Hotel Group
GM Food Iberica
Atlético de Madrid Football Club
- Advised Jenoptik AG in the acquisition of Interob, a Spanish entity specialised in tailor-made projects for plant planning design manufacture and integration of automation solutions in robotics applications.
- Advised The Boeing Company on the acquisition of a relevant stake in Immfly, a global in-flight digital services and IFE company headquartered in Spain.
- Advised Honeywell Ventures in the Series B financing of Bigfinite, a Spanish and US based SaaS entity that provides simple solutions to complex needs in biotech and pharma.
The Madrid-based corporate team at Eversheds Sutherland Nicea regularly advises on the Spanish law aspects of cross-border M&A. Reorganisations also feature in the firm's workload. Managing partner Juan Díaz Hidalgo balances a broad corporate and finance practice; he co-leads the team with corporate and commercial law expert Carlos Pemán Cubillo, who has experience in the food, healthcare and technology sectors, among others. Legal director Diego Cruz-Villalón is another name to note.
Juan Díaz Hidalgo; Carlos Pemán Cubillo
Other key lawyers:
Diego Cruz-Villalón; Sixto de la Calle; David Williams
‘Very hands on and very strong execution.’
‘Juan Diaz and Diego Villaleon are great lawyers who take responsibility even when they might not be rewarded for it. This is true entrepreneurial spirit and shows great dedication. Execution is strong; they get the job done.’
‘The team have a pragmatic approach to billing and resourcing – supplementing in-house resource as required.’
Archer Daniels Midland
Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Advised the founding shareholders of Goal Systems, a leading Spanish company in software development and consulting for the transportation industry, in the investment by private equity house Three Hills Capital Partners.
- Advised the client on a demerger in Spain as part of its global reorganisation pursuant to which its Clean Air division is being separated from its Ride Performance division.
- Advised Room Mate, the international hotel chain headquartered in Spain, in relation to a group reorganisation involving different transactions, including a share capital increase by the contribution of assets into a public limited liability company.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
ONTIER continues to grow its client base, recently adding several new clients in the energy, technology and transport sectors. The busy corporate team is equally adept in domestic and cross-border transactions, and often handles M&A with a deal value exceeding the €100m mark. Highly regarded practice head Pablo Enrile has a broad practice that spans corporate and M&A, finance and dispute resolution. Óscar Murillo Sanz and senior associate Víctor Artola Recolons are also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Óscar Murillo Sanz; Maria Jesús Dehesa; Bernardo Gutiérrez de la Roza; Lucía González Fernández; Víctor Artola Recolons
‘Very attentive to customers and close. Absolute availability and empathy for the problems of its clients.’
‘The close relationship with the client. Senior lawyer Victor Artola Recolons stands out, a great lawyer and very meticulous. As a partner, we highlight the work of Pablo Enrile Mora-Figueroa.’
‘Partner: Oscar Murillo: Excellent knowledge of the company, of absolute trust, great negotiator and with excellent technical knowledge.‘
FOMENTO DE CONSTRUCCIONES Y CONTRATAS, S.A. (FCC)
INVERSORA CARSO, S.A. de C.V.
URBAR INGENIEROS, S.A.
ABEI ENERGY INFRAESTRUCTURE
- Advising on the sale of 100% of the SANTAGADEA SPORTS GROUP.
- Advising PATENTES TALGO on the draft of a contract for the supply and maintenance of six complete last generation Talgo trains for a total amount close to €158m.
- Advised PRODIEL on the sale process to ENEL of photovoltaic projects in a development phase.
The sizeable corporate and M&A department at Ramón y Cajal Abogados acts for a range of financial institutions, private equity firms and blue-chip companies, and recently expanded its client base further with several new client wins. The firm's broad service offering is also of benefit, and the corporate team demonstrates 'good coordination with other areas of the firm that are essential for the successful completion of commercial operations'. Miguel García Stuyck, Alberto Alonso Ureba and Álvaro Bertrán share leadership of the team.
Miguel García Stuyck; Alberto Alonso Ureba; Álvaro Bertrán
Other key lawyers:
Carmen Salar; José Blanco; Antonio de Mariano; Iñigo Dago
‘Strengths: dedication, availability and experience of the team, senior involvement.’
‘José Blanco, Roberto Tojo, Rubén Romero and Carmen Salar are recommended.’
‘Miguel García Stuyck is recommended.’
‘Great ability to assimilate and deepen complex businesses with very good coordination with other areas of the firm that are essential for the successful completion of commercial operations (such as Competition Law).’
‘Excellent technical and academic knowledge with excellent application to practice, promoting the most satisfactory solution to the client’s interests.’
Repsol Foundation (Repsol Social Impact)
Implant Prótesis Dental (“IPD”)
Dmanan Grupo Empresarial
Atom Hoteles Socimi
Hanwha Q CELLS GmbH
- Advising GeoPost / DPDgroup on the acquisition of a stake in the capital of TIPSA – DPDGROUP.
- Advising Telefónica and Atresmedia on the integration of their business of creation, production and marketing of fiction content in Spanish around the world.
- Advising Repsol Foundation, through its social impact investment fund, Repsol Social Impact, on the acquisition of 20% of GNE Finance, which offers affordable financing and personalised renovation support to improve energy efficiency and sustainability of residences.
Highlighted for its 'practical approach based on solid expertise and knowledge of corporate law', Roca Junyent has a good track record in M&A, and complements its transactional work with day-to-day company and commercial law advisory services. Technology, telecoms and energy have been among the busy sectors for the team recently. Chairman Joan Roca Sagarra has over 25 years of experience in this area; he leads the practice alongside head of the French desk Xavier Altirriba and managing partner Carlos Blanco.
Joan Roca Sagarra; Xavier Altirriba; Carlos Blanco
Other key lawyers:
Alex Llevat; Xavier Costa; Natalia Martí; Santi Pagès; Miquel Roca
‘Availability and pro activity. Business vision. Carlos Blanco.’
‘Closeness and availability of the lawyers in the team.’
‘The closeness with the in-house lawyer, being on top of the issues and following the issues, giving ongoing support and advice. Roca Junyent’s outstanding partner: Alejandro Llevat Felius.’
‘Very responsive and practical approach based on solid expertise and knowledge of corporate law. ’
‘Xavier Costa is a talented lawyer, very responsive. He has always positive attitude to solve any problem. ’
‘They perfectly understand the changing needs of a startup, and of course its sense of urgency.’
‘Carlos Blanco is undoubtedly not only someone brilliant and with an amazing attention to detail, but his treatment and closeness is admirable. It is a real pleasure to collaborate with him!’
Meridia Capital Partners
ABE Capital Partners
- Advised Abertis, via its subsidiary Abertis Telecom Satélites, in relation to the agreement with Red Eléctrica Corporación to sell its 89.7% stake in Hispasat for €933m.
- Advised Intrum Holding Spain (formerly known as Lindorff Holding Spain), a Spain-based subsidiary of Sweden-based Intrum, on the acquisition of 80% of Solvia, also based in Spain, from Banco Sabadell.
- Provided advice on the sale of 40% of Ribera Salud from Banco Sabadell to multinational group Centene, which already owned 50% of the company.
Clients of López-Ibor Abogados appreciate the 'personal involvement, reliability, assurance and responsiveness' of its lawyers. The firm has undergone significant changes, splitting from its former partner firm, and hiring of counsel Alfredo Sanfeliz from an in-house position. The department, which is led by Marta Gil de Biedma and Carlos Trénor Löwenstein, has a good track record in M&A, both domestic and cross-border. Alejandro Alonso Dregi left the firm in 2021.
Marta Gil de Biedma; Carlos Trénor Löwenstein
Other key lawyers:
Fernando Ramos; José Ramón Lora
‘Very good understanding of our business issues. Team very responsive. Success of the client is at the core of their work.’
‘Excellent service and response time. Fitted and reasonable proposals. High technical quality.’
‘Personal involvement, reliability, assurance and responsiveness.’
‘Great technical skill and personal dedication and attention to clients. Clients are treated with proximity and with emphasis on problem solving, well above standard corporate firms.‘
‘I have worked with Marta Gil de Biedma. She is an outstanding professional, business acute.‘
NTS Navarra Tecnología de Software
- Advised on the legal due diligence, drafting and negotiation of share sale and purchase agreement, including coordination with German local counsel.
- Advised NTS Navarra Tecnología de Software, a software solutions integration company specialised in mobility, on the transfer of a majority stock of the company.
Pinsent Masons LLP
Despite being a relative newcomer in Spain, Pinsent Masons LLP has already established a good presence in the market and maintains a busy M&A practice. The firm adopts several legaltech tools to expedite its processes, including Deal Hub, an online portal for the exchange of transaction-related information with clients. Antonio Sánchez Montero, Diego Lozano, Inmaculada Castelló and Borja Martín Ariza are the key partners.
Antonio Sánchez Montero; Diego Lozano; Inmaculada Castelló; Borja Martín Ariza
Other key lawyers:
Rafael Durán Frías; Isabel García Díaz-Mauriño; Tatiana Fernández de Casadevante; Helen Stewart
La Finca Global Assets SOCIMI, S.A.
Mutua Madrileña Automovilista, Sociedad de Seguros a prima fija
Belagua 2013 S.A.
Indigo Park España, S.A.
Suanfarma, S.A. (investee company of Intermediate Capital Group)
Vitalia Plus, S.A.
Andbank España, S.A.
Concessia Cartera y Gestión de Infraestructuras, S.A.
Caja de Seguros Reunidos Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros, S.A.
Atrys Health, S.A.
Sabio Ltd, Co.
Miranza Inversiones Oftalmológicas, S.L.
WElink Energy Ireland Ltd.
Houlihan Lokey EMEA LLP
Costain Alcaidesa Limited
Queka Real Partners SCR SA
Go Fruselva Sl (Investee Company of ProA capital SGCR)
Altamar Capital Partners
Polaris Private Equity
Aire Networks del Mediterráneo, S.L.U.
Boutique Poète, S.L.
- Advised La Finca on the initial public offering of all the company’s shares in the Spanish alternative investment market (Mercado Alternativo Bursátil).
- Advised Mutua Madrileña on the acquisition of the rent a car business of Centauro Group to Portobello Capital.
- Advised Suanfarma on the acquisition of the equity interest in Sandoz Industrial Products S.p.A. held by Sandoz GmbH (Novartis Group).
Simmons & Simmons
Carlos Jimenez de Laiglesia leads the team at Simmons & Simmons, which balances a varied workload of M&A, joint ventures and non-transactional corporate and contractual matters, with an emphasis on the financial services, TMT and life sciences sectors. Supervising associate Ana García-Boente is another key member of the team and often takes a key role on the department's transactions.
Carlos Jiménez de Laiglesia
Other key lawyers:
Plukon Food Group B.V.
Amicus Therapeutics S.L.
- Advised on the acquisition of Grupo VMR. Legal advice both in the due diligence process and in the negotiations until the closing of the transaction.
- Provided assistance in due diligence, as well as in the acquisition of 85% of the shares of two balls crews’ companies from the Basque Country (Husillos Ipiranga and Shuton), as well as in the preparation of the Shareholders Agreement.
- Assisting this developing company specialised in genetic pharmaceuticals and in the treatment of rare disease to obtain necessary authorisations, to interact with healthcare professionals, with sponsorship and data protection matters, and generally assisting in the development of the Spanish company.
Operating primarily from Barcelona, KPMG Abogados, Spain advises on inbound and outbound transactions, joint ventures and restructurings, and has recently added several new clients to its roster. The firm has developed an online platform that allows clients to manage their corporate obligations and national and international projects; clients availing of the platform are able to check the status, deadlines, calendar and steps required to fulfil their corporate duties. Eneko Belausteguigoitia Mateache, Luis Gómez Angelats and Javier Bau are the main partners.
Eneko Belausteguigoitia Mateache; Luis Gómez Angelats; Javier Bau
Other key lawyers:
Ángel Peña; Paz Velasco; Carlos Romero; Daniel Gómez
SQUIRCLE CAPITAL, S.L.
VIVALTO VIE SAS
NIPPON KODO HOLDINGS CO. LTD.
BRIOLF GROUP, S.L.
S.A. REVERTÉ PRODUCTOS MINERALES
- Acted on behalf of European alternative investment management firm Squircle Capital on the acquisition of a 77.486% stake in Marina Barcelona 92, a world leading superyacht refit, repair and maintenance group.
- Assisted chemical company Roberlo, which has fifteen subsidiaries and a commercial presence across more than 100 countries, with the acquisition of the total share capital of Montana Group.
- Advised French healthcare services conglomerate Vivalto on the acquisition of Spanish company Gero Residenciales Solimar, which is headquartered in Valencia and manages over 1,200 bed across seven care homes.
Lawesome Legal Services
The 'dynamic' team at Bilbao-based firm Lawesome Legal Services is 'very knowledgeable about the commercial and legal reality of start-ups'. The firm's specialism in venture capital and start-up deals makes it a popular choice in investments, M&A and financing rounds. Practice head Xabier Álvarez and Mikel Mendiola each receive strong praise.
Xabier Álvarez; Mikel Mendiola
Other key lawyers:
‘It is a team mainly specialized in venture capital and startups. It is the benchmark team in the Basque Country, well ahead of the next firm.‘
‘Cohesive and specialist team. It knows perfectly the needs and challenges of start ups not only on a legal level but also on a business, personal and financial level. This allows them a bespoke approach that is difficult to find.’
‘They work in a collaborative environment and always steering around the client’s needs.’
‘Very knowledgeable about the commercial and legal reality of start-ups. They know the ecosystem of funders, which facilitates the level of dialogue and reaching agreements. Likewise, it allows them to “bring down” the expectations of customers to a realistic environment seeking to close agreements that are beneficial to all.’
‘Flexible, attentive professionals focused on customer satisfaction.‘
‘Involvement with the client, their activity and their problems and deep knowledge of the M&A market. Partner Mikel Mendiola’s qualities stand out as an executive professional, pragmatic and very deal-oriented (the perfect traveling companion in an operation).’
‘The Lawesome team stand out for their agility and speed in contact and know-how, especially in the field of commercial operations in the field of technology.’
‘A young, dynamic team with a great technical capacity (in fact, its reference partners in M&A come from firms such as Cuatrecasas and PWC) that understand the needs very quickly and well. of its clients, especially in relation to disruptive business models or with a large innovative and / or technological component.‘
‘The plus that this firm has is the brilliance and involvement of its two partners at all times. Outstanding attorneys (known to me): Xabier Ãlvarez (Partner responsible for commercial, corporate and M&A), Mikel Mendiola (Lawyer, commercial area).‘
‘Xavier Alvarez is the leading lawyer in the Basque Country for the world of entrepreneurship.’
EYWA SPACE, S.L
GEROA PENTSIOAK EPSV
MATRIZ LOYOLA NORTE, S.L.
Directors of ENIGMEDIA, S.L.
TRISON NECSUM, S.L
RENACIMIENTO CENTRAL SUITES, S.L.
HERMENEUS WORLD, S.L.
ENGIE NEW VENTURES
NAIZ BESPOKE TECHNOLOGIES, S.L.
KAIALDE FOOD GROUP, S.L.
IRONCHIP TELCO, S.L.
E-HEALTH TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS, S.L
URA VALENCIA, S.L.
- Advised GEROA PENTSIOAK EPSV on its investment of €10m in CLYDOM ENERGY, S.L. (HOLALUZ), prior to its listing in MAB.
- Advised EDUCAEDU in the acquisition of APRENDEMAS GROUP.
- Advised EYWA SPACE, S.L. in its first financing round.
Marimón Abogados has a well-established presence in the Spanish market and has maintained longstanding relationships with its clients, as well as continuing to attract new ones. Anahita Tárrega leads the firm's French and Italian desks; Begoña Redón has particular expertise in the media and real estate sectors; and José Miguel Martín-Zamorano has a broad practice that encompasses M&A, finance and real estate.
Anahita Tárrega; Begoña Redón; José Miguel Martín-Zamorano
Other key lawyers:
Nerea Azcune; José Antonio Rodríguez; Philipp Kirchheim
Investment management 1218
De Ruy perfumes
- Advised Earpro on the acquisition of Entertainment Equipment Supplies.
- Engaged as legal advisors to Freixenet, which is part of Henkell-Freixenet, a global beverages company. Advising on a regular basis regarding its corporate activity in Spain including regular advice to its Board of Directors.
- Assisted the client regarding acquisitions of parking garages across Spain.
PwC Tax & Legal Services
With strong M&A skills, PwC Tax & Legal Services is able to handle a high volume of deals, including domestic and multi-jurisdictional M&A and reorganisations. Its portfolio includes relevant players in the private equity, banking, healthcare and real estate sectors, among others, and it expanded its client base in 2019 with several new client wins. Javier Gómez Domínguez leads the team.
Javier Gómez Domínguez
Other key lawyers:
Beltrán Gómez de Zayas; Jacobo Lavilla; Javier Mateos; Paula Hernández Lemes; Enrique Sánchez Herrero; Joaquín Serralta; Milagros Molina; Rafael Manchado
‘PwC Tax and Legal Services is a team of extraordinary quality. They are very good, with great knowledge and professionalism, very well integrated with the rest of the PwC team.’
El Corte Inglés
The Reuben Brothers
Sanitas (Bupa Group in Spain)
Portobello Capital Partners
CNIC Corporation Limited
Shareholders of One Shot
General de Galerías Comerciales SOCIMI
Corporación Financiera Guadalmar
Laboratorios Farmacéuticos Rovi
Inversiones Financieras Perseo
- Assisted the Reuben Brothers with the €3bn acquisition process of the Ciudad Financiera of Banco Santander and the subsequent sale of the shares of Sorlinda Investments, the vehicle that had been used for the acquisition, to Banco Santander.
- Advised El Corte Inglés in the €360m sale of its subsidiary Informática El Corte Inglés (including all its subsidiaries abroad).
- Advised Proeduca Altus and its controlling shareholder on the sale of a 15% of the share capital of Proeduca Altus to two institutional investors.
Noted for its 'engagement with the client' and 'focus on the results', Tribeca Abogados has an impressive track record in M&A, including cross-border deals, with a particular emphasis on the healthcare and technology areas. Its clients include corporations and private equity and venture capital firms. Highly experienced partners Juan Bezares and Diego Ferreiro jointly lead the corporate team.
Juan Bezares; Diego Ferreiro
Other key lawyers:
Cristina Maynar; Pedro Matute; Ignacio Carrión
‘The result-oriented approach as a result of the experience of the team in the company. The search for imaginative solutions. They compare well with other firms.‘
‘It compares very favorably! They are a very good team that also get involved in their work as if they were their own contracts, making you feel as if they were the company’s internal lawyers but with the benefit of having different experts in different areas.’
‘The quality-price ratio is very good and the workloads are distributed very well to achieve efficient work and very high quality. Regarding news, they always have the latest technology that greatly facilitates all the possible logistical complications that one can find in the negotiation and signing of documents and greatly simplifying the bureaucratic part.‘
‘Mr. Diego Ferreiro: Very strong commitment with the customer and very result-oriented.‘
‘Engagement with client and strong involvement and focus on the results. Very hard work, getting very much into the details.’
‘They also show a degree of involvement in the operations that makes you feel like one of the company’s strategic team.’
‘I would mention Diego Ferreiro as an outstanding person in the area of Mergers and acquisitions.’
‘Excellent. The team has shown an approximation to the rationale behind the request for services that we require, seeking to define a scope of services that has been the most adjusted and appropriate to the needs that we raised and that the matter required.’
‘TRIBECA, in the face of the need raised, after studying the situation, presented us with a holistic service proposal incorporating those areas, fiscal and administrative, that influenced and received consequences from the execution of the commercial services requested initially. In this way issues were anticipated and consequences were adapted and a holistic solution was provided.’
PHI INDUSTRIAL GROUP
NANOGAP SUB-NM-POWDER, S.A.
PANGAEA ONCOLOGY, S.A.
ARJUNA THERAPEUTICS, S.L.
Ventura Garcés provides M&A and day-to-day corporate and commercial support to its clients, which include Spanish and international - particularly European - companies. The firm separated from its former partner firm in 2020, and hired a number of lawyers from a Madrid-based firm, including Víctor de Cambra, who is now the managing partner of the Madrid office. Claudi Garcés is a key lawyer in the Barcelona office.
Claudi Garcés; Víctor de Cambra
Other key lawyers:
Tomás Garcés; Andrea Garcés; María Paz Molina; Arnau Florensa; Ana Álvarez
‘Impeccable, fast, punctual and attentive to the smallest details. Trusting Garcés means almost forgetting about the problem, they create a lot of peace of mind.’
‘Claudi Garces, Commercial, Corporate and Real Estate partner, is recommended.’
‘Its partners are highly reputed in their specialties and have extensive experience that supports each consultancy they carry out. Andrea Garcés.‘
‘It is one of the best law firms in the city with very strong profiles in labor and real estate law. The two departments where we need the most advice. They are very fast and efficient. In addition to having the ability to resolve any issue even if it involves high complexity.‘
CONTINENTAL AUTOMOTIVE SPAIN, S.A.
SPHERE GROUP SPAIN
TRADE CAPITAL MARKETS
QUALA WASH HOLDINGS LLC
GASOLINERAS BOTAREL, S.L.
AMBRO INVESTMENT, S.L.
SCX SCALE COMPETITION XTREME
AURIGA INVERSIONES Y DESARROLLOS, S.L.
GRUPO 55 CORREDURÍA DE SEGUROS, S.L.
- Advised on the sale of 30% of the Spanish subsidiary CANAL TOYS ESPAÑA DISTRIBUCIÓN to a Spanish individual.
- Ongoing advice of the company’s expansion in Spain through the lease and acquisition of shops to sell sunglasses.
- Advised on setting up a branch in Spain for the acquisition of the Plant Response business in Spain.