Employment in Slovakia
Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o.
Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o. excels in handling advisory and transactional work for employers. Its team, which works closely with the firm's corporate department, advises on employment contracts, terminations, data privacy and secondments for high-profile clients. In addition, it is also adept at handling complex restructuring work and collective redundancy mandates. Counsel Katarína Maulníková leads the employment and benefits department.
- Ongoing advice to First Data on contentious and non-contentious employment matters; recent work included advising the client on the employment aspects of the split of the business into two units, and also the subsequent transfer of one of the units to a newly established entity and sale of a part of the business to SIA.
- Advised Aegon on the employment aspects of the divestment of its insurance businesses in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Taylor Wessing Slovakia's employment, pensions and mobility group focuses on complex work, such as internal regulations of relations with employees, reorganisations and employee transfers. It also assists with negotiations with trade unions, advises on collective bargaining cases and handles M&A-related employment work. On the contentious side, the team represents clients in civil and administrative proceedings. The practice, which is led by 'experienced lawyer' Radovan Pala, also includes senior associates Andrea Čupeľová and Radoslava Lichnovská.
Beatow Partners s.r.o
The 'solution-oriented' team at Beatow Partners s.r.o acts for Slovak and international clients on contentious and non-contentious employment mandates. The team advises on a range of contractual issues, collective bargaining agreements, termination issues, secondments, transfers and incentive plans. Oliver Weber and Peter Mikletič are the co-heads of the practice.
Oliver Weber; Peter Mikletič
bnt attorneys in CEE handles a full range of employment mandates for domestic and international clients. Its experience includes advising on internal guidelines, contracts, data protection, terminations and collective bargaining issues. Team head Zuzana Chudáčková, who 'knows each and every nook and corner of this field of law', works with senior associate Katarína Babiaková.
Zuzana Chudáčková; Katarína Babiaková
‘The team is readily available when required and has helped us successfully meet even the tightest deadline‘
‘Zuzana Chudáčková is proficient in German; she is easily accessible and highly flexible when adjusting to new developments and is always willing to go that extra mile to meet a deadline‘
‘Zuzana Chudáčková is empathetic, highly discreet and circumspect with a professional poise‘
‘The advice is always aimed directly at the problematic issue itself; the team doesn’t beat about the bush and the advice is analysed from all affected aspects and is, of course, solution-oriented‘
LKW Komponenten (MAN group)
Kromberg & Schubert
TNT Express (FedEx Group)
Continental Automotive Systems Slovakia
Goethe Institut Slovakia
- Advised TNT Express (FedEx Group) on the transfer of rights and obligations from employment relationships (TUPE) by way of the takeover of transport activities from a to-be terminated licensee.
- Advised Continental Automotive Systems Slovakia on a strike alert during collective bargaining, in connection with the wage increase by more than 1500 employees, in its Slovak plant in Zvolen.
- Advising MATA Automotive on its entry into Slovakia.
The employment department at Dentons regularly works with the corporate team to advise on the employment aspects of transactions. The firm's sizeable global footprint makes it a strong choice for international clients. It also provides support to clients on a range of employment issues, such as data protection, whistleblowing, dismissals and reorganisations.
Peter Kubina; Katarína Pecnová
Keyence International Belgium NV/SA
CK Holdings Col., Ltd.
Merck & Co.
Mevis Slovakia, s.r.o.
Daubert Cromwell Branch
Tribune Media Co
Nike Retail B.V.
- The team is advising Sanofi on employment matters related to the Slovak and Czech aspects of a post-acquisition business integration.
- Ongoing advice to Mars on a range of employment issues.
- Advising Nike Retail on ongoing employment law matters
Praised for its 'friendly and practical approach', Kinstellar's team demonstrates expertise in business restructurings, secondments, transfers, mass dismissals, share option plans and special remuneration schemes. Employment disputes are also a key focus of the team, which works with members of the firm's white-collar crime group in any related investigations.
The Capital Markets Company Slovakia
Wood Group / ATG (The Automated Technology Group)
Premier Research Group
Process Automation Solutions
- Ongoing advice to The Capital Markets Company on employment-related matters.
- Ongoing advice to ESET on complex arrangements relating to international secondments of its employees.
- Advising Wood Group and its subsidiary ATG on employment matters relating to its entry into the Slovak market.
NITSCHNEIDER & PARTNERS
NITSCHNEIDER & PARTNERS' team, which is 'highly professional and has a strong commitment to excel', covers an array of contentious and non-contentious issues for its domestic and international client base. Contracts, data privacy, terminations, redundancies, secondments, collective bargaining and trade union issues are key areas of expertise. Department head Dušan Nitschneider is particularly skilled in contentious matters, where he 'understands how businesses work and provides strategic advice'.
‘Dušan Nitschneider is great in the labour law area, with huge experience‘
‘The team is very knowledgeable but also commercial; it doesn’t only provide the law but gives advice including risk assessment and best practices‘
‘I appreciate Dušan Nitschneider’s pro-client approach and he is always able to come up with a relevant and effective solution‘
EELA – European Employment Lawyers Association
Heineken Slovensko, a. s.
Covestro Services Slovakia, s. r. o.
Takko Fashion Slovakia, s. r. o.
Novo Nordisk Slovakia, s. r. o.
Ferrovial Agroman Slovakia, s. r. o.
McDonalds Slovakia, s. r. o.
Tajco Slovakia, s. r. o.
Cikautxo SK, s. r. o.
Yusen Logistics (Czech) – organizačná zložka Slovakia
- Represented Heineken Slovensko Distribúcia in a damage-recovery case.
- Advises Covestro on a broad range of employment issues, such as posting of employees, working time issues, health and safety, increasing of qualification, as well as as GDPR issues.
- Advises Takko Fashion Slovakia on agency employment and the posting of workers, as well as trade union and collective bargaining issues.
Noerr generates mandates from a wide range of international clients. It has a particularly strong client following among entities operating in the automotive sector. The team, which is led by Pavol Rak, works closely with trade unions and work councils. Its experience includes collective bargaining, the structuring of working time models, dismissals and contentious issues.
Haselbeck výroba foriem a nástrojov
JFX Recruiting Services
Transgem Slovakia, s.r.o.
Vita Com Business Európa, s.r.o.
Hörmann Holding GmbH & Co. KG
Peek & Cloppenburg s.r.o.
Kia Motors Slovakia
Benteler Handel GmbH
- Ongoing advice to Volkswagen Slovakia on a range of employment issues.
Paul Q Law Firm covers a broad cross-section of employment mandates, such as contracts, transfers and redundancies. Contentious work is another mainstay of the practice. Tomáš Kamenec and Boris Brhlovič are recommended.
Tomáš Kamenec; Boris Brhlovič
PETERKA & PARTNERS
The 'knowledgeable and commercially-minded lawyers' at PETERKA & PARTNERS handle a range of employment issues for clients, including contracts, working time rules, dismissals, transfers and health and safety. The team is well versed in collective labour relations matters; trade union rights, collective bargaining and strikes are notable areas of expertise. Contentious work is also a key pillar of the 'respected' practice, which is led by Jan Makara.
‘The team works great. It is very organised, structured, professional and efficient‘
‘Jan Makara has a strong client focus and stands out for his availability, flexibility and legal advice tailored to the client’s business needs‘
- Advised FM Slovenska on collective labour law issues.
- Advised Constellium Group Aluminum on various labour law issues, including whistleblowing guidelines.
- Advised Continental Matador on its cooperation with multiple trade unions and other collective labour matters.
The 'highly skilled, responsive and proactive' team at Čechová & Partners handles a range of employment issues for domestic and international clients. The group is led by Tomáš Rybár, who is 'always ready to find the best solution based on your needs', and leads on employment and regulatory compliance matters. Lenka Šubeníková advises on employment law issues in the context of M&A and corporate reorganisations.
‘A professional, qualified and professional team of lawyers in all areas of law; it responds to the client’s demands immediately and the team is fully engaged, making it unique in the market‘
‘Flexibility, complexity and professionalism are the keys to its success‘
‘Lenka Šubeníková responds to our requests with a high degree of professionality, expertise and helpfulness, while actively and expressly seeking solutions and options’
‘Juliana Turcekova is always precise, helpful and is a top expert in the field of labour law, disciplinary issues, termination of employment and litigation‘
‘Peter Fedor and Tomáš Rybár are very professional and the cooperation was efficient‘
‘Tomáš Rybár is an extremely knowledgeable person, with great contacts in the healthcare sector and broad knowledge of all issues related to business functioning‘
Merck Sharp Dohme
Valeant (Bausch & Lomb)
- The team provides general employment law assistance to the Lenovo’s main European shared services centre.
- Ongoing advice to Merck Sharp Dohme on various employment matters.
- Ongoing advice to Valeant Slovakia on a range of employment issues.
bpv Braun Partners s.r.o., o.z. regularly works alongside its Prague office to deliver employment solutions to domestic and international clients. It is regularly engaged in business restructuring mandates and also demonstrates expertise in secondments, working time models, cooperation with trade unions, data protection and contractual matters.
Arthur Braun; Igor Augustinič
Lind Mobler Slovakia
- Ongoing advice to Lufthansa Group on labour law issues.
- Ongoing advice to GPV on its Slovak production facilities and employment-law related matters.
- Ongoing advice to HORNBACH on employee data protection issues.
CLS Cavojsky & Partners handles contentious and non-contentious employment law instructions.
Eversheds Sutherland, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o.'s 'flexible' team works in close cooperation with the firm's Prague office to deliver cross-border advice. It is experienced in a range of matters, such as trade union relations, hiring, contracts, redundancies, secondments and collective bargaining issues. Jana Sapáková and Helga Maďarová are recommended.
‘Helga Maďarová is very pleasant person to work with and has great knowledge and practical experience in labour law‘
Johnson Controls International
- Ongoing advice to ESET on a range of employment issues.
- Advised ENI on collective bargaining issues.
- Ongoing advice to Johnson Controls International on a range of employment issues.
Glatzová & Co., s. r. o.'s team of 'pure professionals' has extensive experience of M&A-related employment work, as well as data protection, collective bargaining, work accidents, terminations and contractual matters. Jiří Sixta, whose practice is split between the Czech Republic and Slovakia offices, works with Veronika Pázmányová.
Jiří Sixta; Veronika Pázmányová
‘The team is absolutely client-oriented; it always knows the details of your business and your needs‘
‘The team is very proactive and is able to handle non-standard tasks‘
‘The team works rather fast and the quality is always top. It is very responsive, and you always feel that they are on your side‘
‘Veronika Pázmányová and Miroslav Ondáš handled our employment issues; we were absolutely satisfied with their professional and proactive approach and they found a very elegant and efficient solution of our non-standard case. We really felt as if they were our in-house lawyers rather than external‘
Východoslovenská energetika a.s.
itelligence Slovakia, s.r.o.
Dentsu Aegis group
Pulsar Expo s.r.o. organizačná zložka
Raiffeisen Informatik SK s.r.o.
Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV, organizačná zložka
STRABAG BRVZ s.r.o.
Auria Solutions Slovakia s. r. o.
- Ongoing advice to Východoslovenská energetika (and its subsidiaries) on a range of employment matters. In one example, this included advising Innogy SE on the employment aspects of the sale of its subsidiaries (including Východoslovenská energetika) to E.ON.
- Ongoing advice to itelligence Slovakia on a range of employment matters, which recently included contractual issues.
- Ongoing advice to Dentsu Aegis Group on labour law issues, such as recruitment and dismissal, as well as sensitive issues such as work-related accidents.
Hamala Kluch Víglaský s.r.o.
Hamala Kluch Víglaský s.r.o. is engaged in a range of employment matters, including those concerning contracts, benefit schemes, terminations, trade unions, occupational safety and occupational diseases. The team, which is led by Martin Kluch, is also able to advise employers on immigration issues.
Phoenix zdravotnícke zásobovanie, a.s.
- Advises Lindex on day-to-day labour law issues.
- Advises Phoenix zdravotnícke zásobovanie on a range of employment matters.
- Advises Trim Leader on a range of employment-related matters.
PRK Partners s.r.o.
PRK Partners s.r.o. regularly advises on the employment aspects of transactional matters and is experienced in a range of issues, such as collective bargaining, collective redundancies, mass dismissals, data protection and social security. Clients also benefit from the firm's ability to offer specialist tax support. Andrea Olšovská , Veronika Romanová and Miriam Galandová.
Andrea Olšovská; Veronika Romanová; Miriam Galandová
Cintra/Ferrovial, PORR and Macquire
Marks & Spencer
Ringier Axel Springer
CME Group (Markíza / NOVA TV)
Giesecke & Devrient
Cushman & Wakefield
- Advised Ringier Axel Springer on employment issues relating to its restructuring.
- Advises CME Group (Markíza / NOVA TV) on a range of employment matters.
- Advised Giesecke & Devrient on the employment aspects of its restructuring, and on the closure of a manufacturing site in Slovakia.
Ružička & Partners s.r.o.
Ružička & Partners s.r.o. advises domestic and international clients on the employment aspects of transactions. Its team is also knowledgeable about a range of other issues, such as employment contracts, recruitment, terminations, incentives and benefits, transfers, immigration and trade union relations. Sylvia Szabó has left the firm for an in-house role. Adriana Kováčiková is recommended.
Austrian Airlines Technik
Bramac strešné systémy
TMS International Košice s.r.o.
Železnice Slovenskej republiky
Starr Insurance Holdings, Inc.
Volkswagen Finančné služby Slovensko
Johns Manville Slovakia
- Advises Kerkosand on a range of employment issues.
- Advises TMS International Košice on general employment matters.
- Advises BMI Group on a range of employment matters.
SOUKENÍK – ŠTRPKA, s. r. o.'s 'well-prepared' and sizeable team largely services its employment clients from its Nitra office. It handles contentious and non-contentious matters, with expertise including contracts, terminations, internal rules and collective bargaining issues. Milan Gocník and Andrej Guba are recommended.
Milan Gocník; Andrej Guba
‘Strong, active and competent‘
‘Patient, consistent and persistent‘
‘Has a positive approach‘
TRW Automotive (Slovakia) s.r. o.
Vodohospodárska výstavba, štátny podnik
Nemak Slovakia s.r.o.
Lincoln Electric Slovakia s.r.o.
Slovenská elektrizačná prenosová sústava, a.s.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance SA, pobočka zahraničnej banky
Poštová banka, a.s.
Respect Slovakia, s.r.o.
Premium Insurance Company Limited, pobočka poisťovne z iného členského štátu
Letové prevádzkové služby Slovenskej republiky, štátny podnik
Slovenský metrologický ústav
- Advises Vodohospodárska výstavba, štátny podnik on a range of labour law issues.
- Advises RAJO on labour law matters.
- Advises TRW Automotive (Slovakia) on a range of labour law issues.
Operating as part of a global team, Squire Patton Boggs s.r.o. regularly generates mandates from high-profile clients, particularly in the media, manufacturing and automotive sectors. It handles sensitive matters, such as board-level recruitment and severance, restructurings and outsourcing. Also notable is that senior associate Stanislav Ďurica, who heads up the team, is experienced in employment litigation.
GlaxoSmithKline Slovakia s.r.o.
Markíza – Slovakia, spol. s.r.o.
Dimension Data Slovakia, s.r.o
Západoslovenská energetika, a.s.
Low & Bonar
Bekaert Slovakia, s.r.o.
Nadácia Zastavme korupciu (Stop Corruption Foundation)
Sutherland Global Services
Minerals Technologies Inc.
- Advises GlaxoSmithKline Slovakia on a range of employment issues.
- Advises Markíza – Slovakia on various employment issues.
- Advises Dimension Data Slovakia on contractual matters.
Stentors is regularly engaged by multinational and local corporations in Slovakia on a range of employment issues, such as those concerning internal regulations, terminations, individual and collective employment relationships, and data protection issues. Peter Neštepný is recommended.
‘I appreciate that Peter Neštepný’s answers always cover the core of the subject matter and that he is ready to place himself into the position of his client and his suggestions are useful and workable‘
‘The team has excellent knowledge of the field in which I do business, not only in local conditions, but also in recent cases in Central Europe‘
‘Peter Neštepný has an ability to study new issues quickly and efficiently and deliver the result‘
Plastic Omnium Auto Inergy Slovakia
3M Slovensko s.r.o.
Signify Slovakia s.r.o. (Philips Slovakia s.r.o. formerly)
EBM Co. / Creaton SEE
Dräger Slovensko s.r.o.
Plastic Omnium Auto Exteriors
CBC Laboratories AG
Cord Blood Center Storage AG
- Advised a machinery supplier on the negotiation of a collective agreement.
- Advised KONE on a new whistleblowing procedure.
- Advised Plastic Omnium on work times and shift mechanisms.
Wolf Theiss, whose footprint spans the CEE/SEE region, undertakes the employment aspects of corporate transactions and also provides general advice on rewards, benefits and contractual agreements. In addition, the team acts for individual employees in workplace rights claims, and also advises on employment contracts and severance agreements. Katarína Bieliková is the head of the team.
Münchener Rückversicherungs – Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft
- Advised Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft on the employment aspects of the sale and transfer of its legal protection insurance subsidiary, D.A.S. Rechtschutz.
- Advises a major international food retailer on various employment law issues.
- Advises a computer technology company on employment law issues as well as several significant employment litigation cases.