Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o. advises on a steady flow of cross-border mandates for a myriad of well-known clients at the local, regional and multinational level in the TMT, construction, infrastructure, energy and insurance sectors. The team, jointly led by managing partner Martin Magál and Katarína Maulníková, handles all aspects of employment matters, including high-profile litigation, collective bargaining negotiation, whistleblowers, corporate investigations and data protection matters.
Employment in Slovakia
Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o.
Martin Magál, Partner; Katarína Matulníková
U. S. Steel Košice, s.r.o.
TESCO STORES SR, a.s.
KASAI SLOVAKIA s.r.o.
Tatra banka, a.s.
Garbe Industrial Real Estate
- Advising Google on an international guide related to supplier relationships (temporary workers, vendors and contractors), internships and changes to terms and conditions of employment.
- Advising SIA SpA on the employment aspects of its cross-border merger of three of its subsidiaries – SIA Central Europe (Hungary), SIA Hungary (Hungary) and SIA Slovakia (Slovakia).
- Advising First Data on all day-to-day employment issues.
NITSCHNEIDER & PARTNERS
NITSCHNEIDER & PARTNERS’ impressive client base includes a number of major companies operating in payment services, tech, consumer goods and life sciences. Recent highlights include overseeing European Works Council appointments for high-profile multinationals with a significant presence in the tech and consumer goods. The team also advises Slovak municipalities on collective bargaining proceedings. The well regarded employment expert Dušan Nitschneider leads the team which also includes Danica Valentová.
Other key lawyers:
‘They are very knowledgeable, practical and pragmatic. They provide solutions for the client and not only legal advice.’
‘Dušan Nitschneider is very nice to work with. Responsive and very knowledgeable but still practical and client-oriented. An expert in his field.’
‘Very good team cooperation and flexible approach.’
‘They are very flexible, smart and have wide range of knowledge. Able to think outside the box and use technology very well.’
‘All the team members are professionals with high engagement. I appreciate their proactive approach with detailed analysis and proper proposals when seeking their advice.’
‘Always ready and accessible to provide prompt advice. Knowledgeable and professional employees.’
‘Dušan Nitschneider and Danica Valentova are very skilful and knowledgeable lawyers and clear communicators. They are very practical and prompt.’
‘The team consists of highly professional lawyers that understand your business needs. They are more than just external counsels because they are business partners in critical situation. When dealing with employment issues, we highly appreciate the negotiation skills of Dušan Nitschneider.’
City of Bratislava, the capital of the Slovak Republic
Unicredit Services S.C.p.A, Slovak branch
- Assisting Google with the organisation and document drafting of the election of members of Special Negotiations Body to represent the local entity in the European Work Council.
- Advising Ferrovial Agroman included sensitive issues of health and safety, and related social, civil claims, and criminal investigation.
- Assisting IKEA with set-up and adjustments of Covid-19 related employment measures including working time, pandemic sick-leave, and state aid.
Taylor Wessing Slovakia has one of the leading practices in Slovakia which handles a mix of contentious and advisory employment matters. It is well regarded among retail sector clients, as well as key global manufacturers, IT companies, logistics groups and public authorities. It regularly coordinates trade union negotiations, and advises on the employment aspects of acquisition transactions. Recent highlights also include acting on a number of Covid-19 response mandates, including assisting with the applications for state aid. The practice is led by Radovan Pala who actively participants in the employment law legislative process. Andrea Čupeľová and Radoslava Lichnovská are both noted for their expertise in mass dismissals and collective bargaining proceedings.
Other key lawyers:
Andrea Čupel’ová; Radoslava Lichnovská
‘Always very professional and friendly communication, going beyond and above. Team in Bratislava has my complete trust. The work done is of good quality, regardless of who the engaging individual is. Punctual and responsive.’
‘I mostly work with Radoslava Lichnovská and I confirm she is an excellent partner to work with. Her dedication and enthusiasm is great, she rarely does not have the answer for my question. She is willing to speak at a later hour of the day and her advice in sensitive matters is always valued. She instills confidence. I also would like to highlight the work of Tomas Grell and Milan Červenka. Both great partners to work with.’
Reporters of Slovak national broadcasting company
C&A Logistics Nové Mesto s.r.o.
C & A Mode s.r.o.
dm drogerie markt, s.r.o.
Spin Master International B.V. Slovak Branch
Panasonic Industry Europe GmbH Slovak Branch
MANGO SLOVENSKO s.r.o.
DSSI International, LLC Slovak Branch
ARVAL SLOVAKIA, s.r.o.
Eterus Capital, a.s.
RICOH Slovakia s.r.o.
GSE Systems, Inc.
SALESIANER MIETTEX s.r.o.
RSC Raiffeisen Service Center GmbH Slovak Branch
Raiffeisen Centrobank AG Slovak Branch
Lugera & Maklér spol. s r.o.
AIR LIVERY LIMITED Slovak Branch
Mesto Snina (City of Snina)
GA Drilling, a.s.
Heller Services s.r.o.
BRANTNER Slovakia s.r.o.
BRANTNER TRANSPORTS SLOVAKIA, s.r.o.
Dopravný podnik Bratislava (Office for Transport in the City of Bratislava)
TPA TAX, k.s.
NORDMANN, RASSMANN GMBH
UNIVOLT – REMAT s.r.o.
Nakladatelství C.H. Beck, s.r.o. Slovak Branch
- Advising C&A Logistics Nové Mesto s.r.o. on collective bargaining negotiations, the termination of employment relationships as well as on a strategy to mitigate negative economic consequences of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Advising dm drogerie markt, s.r.o. on a remuneration policy, the termination of employment relationships in contentious cases as well as representing in court proceedings against a former managerial employee who claims invalidity of her employment termination.
- Advising Panasonic Industry Europe GmbH Slovak Branch on the forthcoming closure of its plant in Slovakia from the perspective of employment law.
Beatow Partners s.r.o
Beatow Partners s.r.o regularly cooperates with major transatlantic law firms to advise international clients on their local employment matters. Oliver Weber and Peter Mikletič lead the team on a range of litigation and ongoing advisory mandates, including high-profile dismissals, post-liquidation settlements, employee transfers and collective bargaining proceedings. The team recently handled a steady stream of Covid-19 response matters.
Oliver Weber; Peter Mikletič
bnt attorneys in CEE
The team at bnt attorneys in CEE utilises its regional foothold to handle cross-border employment matters for clients in the automotive, financial services, retail, life sciences and logistics sectors. Key strengths include intra-company employee transfers, inspections and post-transactional TUPE obligations. In accordance with the overall firm’s commitment to internal diversity, the practice is jointly led by senior associate Katarína Babiaková, and Zuzana Chudáčková who leads the regional employment practice.
Zuzana Chudáčková; Katarína Babiaková
‘BNT Attorneys not only has substantial expertise in the required areas, their personnel is – at least – bilingual and could go into detailed analysis of the judicial requirements of each country.’
‘Zuzana Chudáčková and Roman Gasparik are both completely fluent in German, making the exchange of details and nuances unproblematic. Their fluent knowledge of the language also entails a deep understanding of the underlying culture and practices, an indispensable aspect in both personnel and real estate matters.Both are extremely reliable in all aspects, in particular meeting set goals within deadlines.’
‘The team’s performance in the employment law market is outstanding and I personally think that they can compete with any other top notch law firm in Slovakia. Reliable and trustworthy partner with huge expertise in all relevant fields of law (relevant for our business). BNT is always there to help and their advice is problem-solving focused.’
‘Zuzana Chudáčková’s standing is long proven and well-deserved. Her expertise, knowledge and experience (not only) in labour law guarantees clients the highest quality legal advice. She is fully competent in advising on each and every labour law aspect and I know that I can count on her. No weaknesses.’
‘Marek Laca is dedicated to his client and to solving problems. He is a quick responder and always on time with deadlines. His capabilities, knowledge and skills in labour law are impressive. One can truly rely on him.’
‘The team worked quickly and efficiently, were easy to communicate with, and understood our and our client’s need perfectly.’
‘They are very easy to work and to get in contact with, and did a thorough job. Even though it was vacation season, we were able to come in contact with persons that had knowledge of our project and could answer our questions and perform the necessary work within set deadlines.’
‘The firm is really flexible, reachable and always here to help. They understand the urgency of matter and treat each topic in strictest confidence.’
‘The biggest strength which I see is a really individual approach. They go through each topic from scratch, take the time to explain the complexities of the matter, and our options. They support us with details to make right decision in the right time. Always make themselves available. Their knowledge of labour code and employment law is really visible.’
‘The team is always available, and has German language capability 24/7 – a rare trait for firms in the region.’
FIMA Sportstudio Management
KROMBERG & Schubert
TNT Express (FedEx Group)
Hitachi Capital Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Advising Webasto group on the transfer of rights and obligations from the employment relationships (TUPE) related to the inter-company transfer of employees of Webasto companies in Slovakia and EU.
- Representing OBI Slovakia since the company’s market entry (2015) during negotiations with the trade union and full support of the HR team in various labour law issues.
- Representing KROMBERG & Schubert in a labour law inspection and subsequent administrative proceedings.
Dentons regularly advises on the employment aspects of major cross-border transactions. Often working alongside its Prague office, the team counts blue-chip companies as its key clients which it advises on day-to-day employment matters, Covid-19 response measures, as well as post-acquisition employee transfers, liquidations, stock option schemes, and labour investigations. Practice head Katarína Pecnová has notable experience in employee transfers and dismissals.
GFK SE / GfK Slovakia
Slovenská sporiteľňa (member of the Erste Group)
CK Holdings Co., Ltd, the holding company of Calsonic Kansei
- Advised Mars on the employment and corporate matters including legal updates in the field of employment law on measures taken by the Slovak authorities relating to COVID-19 outbreak in Slovakia.
- Providing G-TEKT Slovakia with day-to-day advice, mainly in the field of immigration law and employment law.
- Advising Nissei Europe on day-to-day corporate and immigration law advice, including relocation of Japanese top managers to Slovakia.
The employment team at Kinstellar is highly adept at handling a range of employment mandates, demonstrating particular expertise in white collar criminal investigations and personal injury claims. It regularly advises clients in the TMT, healthcare, automotive and investment management sectors on complex, often multi-jurisdictional litigation, restructurings, TUPE transfers, and termination proceedings for senior managers and large groups of employees. Practice head Adam Hodoň and Roman Oleksik are recommended, the latter focuses on employment litigation and CRSI matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very strong client focus and advisory expertise. Clear understanding of client’s business needs.’
Noerr's client roster features a wide range of international clients, particularly from the automotive industry. The team, led by Pavol Rak, has experience in collective bargaining, structuring of working time models, dismissals and employment disputes.
Paul Q Law Firm
The full-service team at Paul Q Law Firm is regularly instructed by leading regional clients in a number of sectors including automotive manufacturing, logistics and engineering. Regulatory work and post-merger employee transfers are a key strength, as well as advising clients in the pharmaceutical sector. Boris Brhlovič leads the team.
Arcelor Mittal Construction Slovakia
Eissmann Automotive Slovensko
FCA (former FIAT Group)
Metsa Tissue Slovakia
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Slovakia
PETERKA & PARTNERS
Leveraging its regional footprint, PETERKA & PARTNERS advises a range of domestic and foreign clients on day-to-day and contentious matters. The team is particularly active in assisting clients in the automotive, manufacturing, logistics and heavy industry sectors, handling collective dismissals, trade union negotiations, TUPE transfers, and latterly, Covid-19 emergency response measures. Jan Makara leads the team which includes 'practical, business-minded and solution-driven lawyers with a great deal of experience.’
‘A full-service regional law firm covering most of the key areas of law for major corporates. Practical, business-minded and solution-driven lawyers with a great deal of experience.’
‘Jan Makara is our first point of contact and can always bring a great deal of experience and strategic insights to the table.’
‘Pavol Kundrik is a seasoned professional who knows his stuff back-to-front.’
Certua Group Limited
STEEP PLAST Slovakia
Tate & Lyle
- Representing Falck Group in connection with TUPE transfer obligations.
- Advising Swiss Re on a wide range labour law matters.
- Assisting GEFCO Slovakia with various and diverse employment matters.
Cechová & Partners has notable experience in labour and employment matters and advises both blue-chip corporates and major Slovak clients operating in a broad range of sectors. In addition to longstanding advisory mandates, the firm handles large-scale restructurings, cross-border employee transfers, and employment aspects of acquisitions and spin-offs. It recently advised a number of pharmaceutical companies on Covid-19 related employment matters. Practice head Tomáš Rybár is singled out for his privacy and regulatory expertise. Lenka Šubeníková is another name to note.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very professional approach.’
‘Excellent responsibility during dealing with a subject matter/case. In other words, great case management. ’
Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Assisting Lenovo on all employment matters, including the COVID-19 impact.
- Advising a leading global online retailer and IT company on day-to-day matters as well as project-based employment matters.
- Assisting Merck, Sharp & Dohme on employment matters, including transfers, disciplinary matters, terminations and privacy.
bpv Braun Partners s.r.o., o.z. regularly cooperates with leading international firms to handle employment matters for a range of regional clients, including trade union consultations, complex terminations, reorganisations and post-acquisition matters; it also collaborates with its Prague office, handling data protection matters, ongoing advisory mandates and relief measures in response to Covid-19. The practice is run by Igor Augustinič and Prague-based HR specialist Arthur Braun.
Arthur Braun; Igor Augustinič
‘I have been working with Braun Partners for a couple of years now. I am particularly satisfied by the excellent reliability of the advice and the assistance provided, and also by the swift follow-up of our requests. We have partnered with Braun in the region, and have continuously received positive feedback from our clients in this respect.’
‘Arthur Braun is an excellent practician with thorough knowledge of labour and employment law, and excellent client development skills. He is also extremely reliable, up to the point and a great lawyer to have on your side in international projects.’
‘Zuzana Dzilska is a really hands-on lawyer, who has provided pragmatic labour and employment advice – very much appreciated within the context of our multinational projects.’
Lind Mobler Slovakia
The team at CLS Cavojsky & Partners handles a range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters including collective bargaining proceedings, whistleblower matters and contract drafting and review. Practice heads Peter Čavojský and Vladimír Grác are recommended for regulatory, and contractual and data protection matters, respectively.
Peter Čavojský; Vladimír Grác
TIPOS, národná lotériová spoločnosť, a. s.
ESA LOGISTIKA, s.r.o.
Johns Manville Slovakia, a.s.
H & M Hennes & Mauritz SK s.r.o.
ACCES Group, s.r.o.
Comus Technology, s.r.o.
- Advising Johns Manville Slovakia on collective bargaining proceedings for the draft of the Amendment to the Higher-Level Collective Agreement.
- Assisting TIPOS with its internal regulations work.
- Reviewing place of work performance and remuneration policies for ESA Logistika.
Eversheds Sutherland, advokátska kancelária, s.r.o.’s employment practice handles a broad range of work for blue-chip corporations and key Slovak entities in the IT, energy, construction and utilities industries. It advises on the employment aspects of M&A transactions, and handles day-to-day advisory mandates. The team is jointly led by Jana Sapáková and Prague-based Tomáš Procházka.
Jana Sapáková; Tomáš Procházka
ESET, spol. s r.o.
Johnson Controls International
Prangl Slovakia s.r.o.
Beiersdorf Slovakia, s.r.o.
- Advising ESET on the implementation of a revised employment documentation across the company (800+ employees).
- Advising Johnson Controls International in two collective dismissals.
- Advising ISS on some TUPE obligations.
Glatzová & Co., s. r. o.’s close ties with its Prague office make it well placed to act on a range of cross-border employment mandates for some of the region’s leading clients in the fields of automotive manufacturing, construction IT and healthcare. The firm’s regular cooperation with the American Chamber of Commerce on proposed changes to employment legislation strengthens its reputation for international matters, with the team frequently handling relocations, dismissals, and legislative analyses for foreign-headquartered companies with global operations. Veronika Pázmányová is the main contact.
‘Very responsible approach, reliable, and punctual.’
‘The team at Glatzova & Co. is very business-oriented. We were impressed that the team which worked with us really wants to know the client’s business and how all the processes work. They visited our site to meet the employees and to get a feel for the working atmosphere before they started drafting the documents for us. The team is more than lawyers, they always try to be useful in other business issues, provide important contacts and networking opportunities for the client.’
‘All the members of the team are highly qualified and are always aware of the new developments and trends in their specialisation.’
‘Communication is perfect, results are always solid.’
‘Veronika Pázmányová is always interested in how our business is going. She is always trying to be helpful in other business issues, she is very much engaged in us as a business.’
Východoslovenská Energetika a.s.
Dentsu Aegis Group
B. Braun Medical / B.Braun Avitum
Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV
Auria Solutions Slovakia s. r. o.
Pulsar Expo s.r.o. organizačná zložka
ADDINOL Czech Republic s.r.o., organizačná zložka Slovensko
Loomis SK, a.s.
itelligence Slovakia, s.r.o.
FORD MOTOR COMPANY, s.r.o.
ALL-TECHNOLOGY (IRELAND) Limited
- Representing Východoslovenská Energetika in various matters, including the collective agreement between the employer and the employee representatives.
- Advised Pulsar Expoon the opening of its first production facility in the Slovak Republic.
- Advised ALL-Technology on complex analysis of applicable labour legislation and administrative requirements of posting EU nationals to the Slovak Republic.
Hamala Kluch Víglaský s.r.o.
Hamala Kluch Víglaský s.r.o. is regularly engaged by clients in Slovakia’s sizeable automotive and tech sectors on a range of employment matters, including day-to-day general advisory work, damages claims, cross-border TUPE transfers and high-profile terminations. Clients benefit particularly from the firm’s key expertise on complex immigration requirements for expatriate staff at all levels. The practice is led by Martin Kluch.
Trim Leader, a.s.
Phoenix zdravotnícke zásobovanie, a.s.
CA Immobilien Anlagen AG
STADA PHARMA Slovakia, s.r.o.
- Advising T-Systems Slovakia on carve-out process, which also includes various employment law matters relating to about 2,000 employees.
- Advising Trim Leader on various employment law issues including employment fraud and damages claims.
- Providing LINDEX with comprehensive day-to-day labour law advice for companies located in the Slovak Republic, the Czech Republic and Austria.
PRK Partners s.r.o.
The highly experienced team at PRK Partners s.r.o. is particularly noted for its ability to handle sensitive litigation and transactional matters for some of the leading corporate clients in the market. It regularly advises on cross-border TUPE transfers, workforce reorganisations and collective bargaining agreements for key financial services providers, pharmaceutical companies and manufactures. It is also noted for its track record in high-profile dismissals and collective redundancies, often working in collaboration with its Prague office. Peter Oravec and Andrea Olšovská jointly lead the team.
Peter Oravec; Andrea Olšovská
Cushman & Wakefield
Coop Produkt Slovensko
- Providing legal services to Medtronic, a global leader in medical technology, services, and solutions. Assisting with day-to-day legal services in the area of employment law, consultancy on various employment matters, preparation and revision of documents.
- Advising Sony on the local project of workforce reorganisation including automatic transfer of employees.
- Assisting Nissan with employment advice in relation to a reorganisation project.
RUŽIČKA AND PARTNERS s. r. o.
RUŽIČKA AND PARTNERS s. r. o. has notable experience in contract revisions and terminations related to major corporate restructurings. In addition to these core competencies, it also regularly acts for clients in the automotive manufacturing, mining, construction, tech and financial services sectors on collective bargaining procedures and acts as a full-service employment law help desk. The team is led by the highly experienced Dana Nemčíková and Martina Poliačiková who focuses on advising collective bargaining, dismissals and matters arising out of corporate transactions.
Dana Nemčíková; Martina Poliačiková
‘Deep knowledge and expertise. Very reliable advice and alternatives always provided by the law firm in this area.’
‘Very competent and direct answers. Help and service in all situations, even beyond legal advice.’
‘I was mainly in contact with Tomáš Borecký who has proven to be an excellent advisor in all legal matters; always on point and very reliable.’
TMS International Košice
VOLKSWAGEN Finančné služby Slovensko
Johns Manville Slovakia (Berkshire Hathaway Group)
British International School Bratislava
- Advising VOLKSWAGEN Finančné služby Slovensko s.r.o. on an intragroup merger from corporate and employment law and regulatory aspects including support in the licence proceedings conducted by the National Bank of Slovakia.
- Acting for Johns Manville Slovakia on several employment issues including trainings of employees, employment terminations, confidentiality obligation, internal fraud investigation and representation.
- Advising and representing Slovnaft in an employment court case. The employee challenges the validity of the employment termination based on possible discrimination claims.
The sizeable team at SOUKENÍK – ŠTRPKA, s. r. o. takes advantage of its firm footing in the local market, advising a range of domestic and international clients on employment disputes, terminations, compensation claims and ongoing labour mandates. The practice is particularly noted for its representation of various Slovak municipalities and self-governing regions. The Czech and Slovak-qualified Milan Gocník and Andrej Guba jointly lead the team.
Milan Gocník; Andrej Guba
‘We really appreciate the cooperation with the partners of Soukeník-Štrpka.’
VODOHOSPODÁRSKA VÝSTAVBA, ŠTÁTNY PODNIK
Železničná spoločnosť Cargo Slovakia, a.s.
Slovenská elektrizačná prenosová sústava, a.s.
BNP PARIBAS PERSONAL FINANCE SA, pobočka zahraničnej banky
Poštová banka, a.s.
Respect Slovakia, s.r.o.
PREMIUM Insurance Company Limited, pobočka poisťovne z iného členského štátu
Mesto Nitra (Nitra city)
Mesto Dudince (Dudince city)
Letové prevádzkové služby Slovenskej republiky, štátny podnik
Slovak Institute of Metrology
JONCKERS TRANSLATION & ENGINEERING s.r.o.
O.F. MILL, spol. s r.o.
ZF Active Safety Slovakia s.r.o.
Hydro Extrusion Slovakia a.s.
Nemak Slovakia s.r.o.
- Advised BNP PARIBAS PERSONAL FINANCE SA, pobočka zahraničnej banky on selection of employees for European Work Council.
- Assisting Terno Real Estate s.r.o. with the revision of labour law documentation and advising with respect to organisation of hours of key employees.
- Representing BNP PARIBAS PERSONAL FINANCE SA, pobočka zahraničnej banky in a labour dispute regarding the determination of invalidity of the termination of the employment relationship and wage compensation.
Squire Patton Boggs s.r.o.’s global network of offices sees the Bratislava team regularly advising on a number of cross-border employment matters for clients in the world of pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, food and automotive. Frequent mandates include collective dismissals, trade union negotiations and negotiations with external contractors and agencies - often working in tandem with its Prague and other European offices. The practice is bolstered by the arrival of several new associates, including the labour and technology-focused Richard Svocák, and Alexandra Gacíková, who concentrates on real estate and labour matters. Practice head Stanislav Ďurica is experienced in labour disputes and proceedings at the Constitutional Court and Supreme Court.
Other key lawyers:
Richard Svoćak; Alexandra Gacíková
AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
DS Smith Plc.
GlaxoSmithKline Slovakia s.r.o.
Lotte Advanced Materials
MARKÍZA – SLOVAKIA, spol. s r.o.
Prof. Ing. Mária Bieliková, PhD.
The Association for Culture, Education and Communication (ACEC)
- Advising Lincoln Electric on reorganising the company’s production processes, including collective bargaining with trade unions and negotiating terms of employment terminations in mass lay-offs.
- Representing one of Slovakia’s foremost experts in AI research in unfair dismissal litigation against a former employer.
- Advising Compass Group Slovakia on various employment issues, including litigation with a former manager.
Stentors’ incorporation into the Parlex Group, a network of 28 independent European commercial law firms, reinforces the firm’s reputation as a provider of employment advisory services to multinational corporations operating in Slovakia. The team handles GDPR matters and TUPE transfers following cross-border mergers as well as sensitive litigation and unfair dismissal claims. General advisory mandates and Covid-19 response work are also include in its recent caseload. Peter Neštepný, who advises a range of SME and international commercial entities, heads the practice.
‘We’re extremely satisfied with the services provided by the Stentors team. They work with us to help us achieve our goals.’
‘A professional team that is able to cover various legal topics thanks to experts in different legal fields.’
‘My contact person – one of the Partners – is always reachable and able to provide the support needed. Very flexible to provide legal advice from different fields as well as able to represent or defend our interests during meetings with counter-parties.’
‘We prefer to work with this firm on account of the partners.’
‘Very professional, prompt reactions, proper attention of the partners (especially Vladimir Kordos) to the issues at hand. ’
Plastic Omnium Group
3M Slovensko s.r.o.
Signify Slovakia s.r.o. (Philips Slovakia s.r.o. formerly)
EBM Co. / Creaton SEE
CBC Laboratories AG
Cord Blood Center Storage AG
HT Research SK s.r.o.
- Assisting 3M Slovensko with documentation preparation, including Employee Privacy Notice and limited scenarios where consent of the employees may be still requested, and educated the client on how to treat the personal data of the employees in light of new data protection legislation.
- Assisting Plastic Omnium Group with the drafting and implementation of the group Code of Ethics, IT Charter and Procedure for Notification of Anti-Social Activities.
- Representing Creaton SEE & EBM Co. in a successful case against an employee who was harassing the local management.
White & Case s.r.o advises various domestic and international clients on a range of employment matters, often in a multi-jurisdictional capacity. The team’s expertise includes high-profile terminations, liquidations, cross-border employee resettlements and discrimination litigation, as well as a number of “help desk” mandates and restructuring advice as a result of Covid-19. Practice head Juraj Fuska advises clients operating in a range of sectors, including automotive, real estate, logistics, IT, telecoms and financial services. Vladimír Ivančo is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Visteon Electronics Slovakia s. r. o.
Auria Solutions Slovakia s. r. o.
Klauke Slovakia s.r.o.
Franklin Templeton Investment
Wolf Theiss solid regional presence allows it to advise a broad spectrum of clients on various aspects of cross-border labour matters. The team works in collaboration with its Prague and Vienna offices on complex litigation, terminations and employment concerns both pre and post-acquisition. Restructurings and liquidations are also a key focus. The team is led by counsel Zuzana Hodonova who joined from Kinstellar.