Banking, finance and capital markets in Slovakia
Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o.
'Banking powerhouse' Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o. houses a broad offering that covers domestic and cross-border loans, capital markets transactions and regulatory mandates. With the firm having a sizeable international network, its practice is well-placed to handle the entire gamut of issues for domestic and international banks. Department head Renátus Kollar has a wealth of experience of transactions involving areas such as corporate finance, acquisition finance, project finance and real estate finance. Also recommended are counsels Attila Csongrady , Matúš Kudlák and Peter Jedinák. Senior associate Peter Redo is also recommended.
‘It is fantastic for banking and capital markets work‘
‘The team is highly knowledgeable‘
Slovenske elektrarne, a.s.
Raiffeisen Bank International and Raiffeisen Bank Romania as coordinators and Raiffeisen Bank International, Banca Transilvania, UniCredit Bank, OTP Bank Romania S.A., Garanti Bank, Eximbank and Intesa SanPaolo Romania
Citibank Europe plc. and UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia a.s.
BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV, Česká Spořitelna a.s, Crédit Agricole CIB, Erste Group Bank AG, HSBC Bank plc, Komerční Banka, a.s., Societe Generale, UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, A.S. and UniCredit S.P.A.
Raiffeisen Bank International AG
EBRD, IFC, Balbec and APS Delta
INA-Industrija Nafte, d.d.
Mandated Lead Arrangers
ING Bank N.V.
- Advised a syndicate of banks (made up of Raiffeisen Bank International and Raiffeisen Bank Romania as coordinators and Raiffeisen Bank International, Banca Transilvania, UniCredit Bank, OTP Bank Romania S.A., Garanti Bank, Eximbank and Intesa SanPaolo Romania as lenders) on the provision of $235m credit facilities to Alro.
- Acting for the lenders (Citibank Europe plc. and UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia a.s.) on a €250m English law governed bridge to bond financing for Slovak energy company ZSE (Zapadoslovenska Energetika, a.s.).
- Advised Slovenské elektrárne (SE) on the extension and renegotiation of its €2.9bn loan portfolio in one major transaction.
Dentons is equally strong acting for borrowers and lenders in complex banking and finance, regulatory and capital markets mandates. Its team includes Stanislava Valientová, who has 15 years of experience in this space. Marcell Clark is active in major real estate finance transactions and restructurings in central and eastern Europe (CEE), as well as southeast Europe. Peter Kubina handles a mix of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, and he is also active in debt capital markets matters. Counsel Patricia Gossányiová and senior associate Petra Štrbová are also key figures.
‘The firm has always provided service of the highest level of quality‘
‘Stanislava Valientová is a perfect leader for complex transactions, is patient during long term negotiations and has a positive mood and sense of humour‘
‘Peter Kubina has excellent negotiation skills and the ability to provide complex structures as well as quick alternative solutions‘
‘Peter Kubina stands out as a great leader and coordinator‘
‘Patricia Gossányiová stands out with a pro-active and flexible approach‘
‘Stanislava Valientová is the best real estate finance lawyer on the market‘
‘I appreciate all of the aspects of the firm’s legal services, especially, the accuracy, quality, speed, excellent communication and informal attitude to the clients‘
Tatra banka (Raiffeisen Group)
Slovenská sporiteľňa (ERSTE Group)
Československá obchodná banka (KBC Group)
UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, Bratislava Branch
Komerční banka, (Société Générale Group) – Bratislava Branch
Všeobecná úverová banka (a member of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group)
Oesterreichische Entwicklungsbank AG
VTB Bank (Europe) SE
- Advising a club of more than 10 Slovak and international banks on the rescheduling of loans of a major energy company.
- Advising a club of financing banks, led by Tatra banka (Member of the Raiffeisen Group), on the loan documentation to finance the construction of a major residential project, SKY PARK, which is designed by Zaha Hadid Architects and is developed by Penta Real Estates.
- Advised the borrowers and the sponsor on a €495m senior leveraged recap dividend credit facility, provided by an international consortium of banks led by UniCredit CR, to the largest retail pharmacy group in the CEE region.
Kinstellar utilises its regional network to advise on finance transactions and regulatory matters for domestic and international clients. Its team is 'an experienced, reliable service provider with a dynamic business approach'. It generates mandates from banks, sponsors and borrowers in relation to matters such as syndicated lending, as well as acquisition, real estate, structured, infrastructure and project finance. Key contacts include managing associate Vladimír Polička, who is the head of the practice, and Tomáš Melišek.
‘We appreciate the client-focused approach and understanding of practical commercial needs of the client‘
‘Tomáš Melišek has a problem-solving attitude and provides straight to the point legal advice and is very flexible in terms of timing‘
‘The team is extremely knowledgeable in the area of banking and finance‘
‘Tomáš Melišek is a rare expert; he is always willing and able to find a suitable solution for his client who can argue even before the counterparty‘
Sky Park / Penta Real estate
Tatra banka (Raiffeisen)
Slovenská sporiteľňa (ERSTE GROUP)
- Advised a syndicate of international banks, led by UniCredit Bank, and including Tatra banka, ČSOB and HYPO-BANK Burgenland, on a €175m club loan to HB Reavis for the construction of Nivy Station (Stanica Nivy); this is a unique, multipurpose urban development project adjacent to Bratislava’s historic city centre.
- Advised UniCredit Bank on refinancing of the largest group of photovoltaic power plants in Slovakia.
- Advised Penta Real Estate on a €110m syndicated club loan for the construction of Sky Park Residence in Bratislava; this was the first syndicated club financing for a residential project in Slovakia.
White & Case s.r.o. has a standout reputation undertaking banking, finance and capital markets mandates for leading global, regional and domestic financial institutions and corporates. Leveraging the firm's global reach, the team is seen by many clients as a first port of call on cross-border transactions. Key figures in the team include capital markets head Juraj Fuska and Marek Staroň, who leads the banking and finance group. Staroň is notably strong in real estate finance. Associate Simona Rapavá is also recommended.
PPF banka a.s.
NE Property B.V.
Západoslovenská energetika, a.s.
Československá obchodná banka, a.s
Morgan Stanley Co. International plc
Slovenská sporiteľňa, a.s.
UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s.
- Advised Dutch company NE Property B.V. on the refinancing of its Slovak subsidiaries.
- Advising Bank Polska Kasa Opieki on the financing of the acquisition of Exact Systems S.A. and the shares in its German subsidiary by the managers of Exact Systems and CVI Dom Maklerski S.A. (acting through a SPV established by the buyers for the purpose of the acquisition). The transaction was structured as a management buyout deal.
- Advised PPF banka on the financing of Tollnet as general subcontractor to the consortium of Czech Toll and Sky Toll, the operator of the Czech Republic’s highway toll, from 2020.
Čechová & Partners is regularly instructed by domestic and international banks and other financial services clients, such as foreign investors, facility arrangers, collective investment companies and insurance companies. It handles an array of transactional matters and is also active in financial restructurings and reorganisations. Department head Simona Halakova is recommended for her regulatory expertise.
‘The team stands out for its responsiveness and clarity of advice‘
Inalfa Roof Systems
Simmons & Simmons
- Advised Inalfa Roof Systems Group on the extension of its funding capacities.
- Advised a client on the preparation of a know-how tool (Navigator) focused on the legal regulations of banking services, financial services, sale and distribution ofsecurities and notes, other financial instruments and investment funds in various jurisdictions.
CMS' Bratislava-based banking and finance department regularly works in tandem with practitioners in the Prague and Vienna offices to handle complex, cross-border mandates for a wide variety of leading regional banks, corporate borrowers and private equity sponsors. The team is praised for its 'excellent know-how and negotiation skills in restructuring and workout cases'. Managing partner Peter Šimo and Michal Huťan are key figures.
‘We appreciate the team’s excellent know-how and negotiation skills in restructuring and workout cases‘
Amsterdam Trade Bank
Council of Europe Development Bank
BFF Central Europe
Unicredit Bank Austria
Unicredit Bank Austria
- Advised Amsterdam Trade Bank on the creation of Slovak law securities by a tobacco company in the framework of providing a loan to the Greek mother company, which included advice on enforcement of the securities in Slovakia.
- Advised the Council of Europe Development Bank on the provision of a loan to Bratislava Water Company.
- Advised BFF Central Europe, as borrower, on a corporate revolving loan.
Hamala Kluch Víglaský s.r.o.
The 'outstanding team' at Hamala Kluch Víglaský s.r.o. is regularly instructed by banks and borrowers on complex domestic and cross border transactions. Its experience includes the financing aspects of major projects, particularly in the infrastructure, healthcare, real estate, retail and transport sectors. Peter Víglaský has 'vast experience' of a wide range of transactions, including those relating to acquisition finance, structured finance, export and aircraft finance.
Budamar Logistics, a.s.
UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s., pobočka zahraničnej banky
Syndicate of Slovak and international banks led by UniCredit Bank
- Advised a syndicate of international banks led by Unicredit Bank AS on financing the construction of the D4R7 Bratislava bypass project, which is the largest PPP project ever implemented in Slovakia.
- Advised Budamar Logistics on financing the acquisition of rail car manufacturer Tatravagonka.
- Advised UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, s.s., pobočka zahraničnej banky on financing the construction and operation of multipurpose office and retail centre Freshmarket in Bratislava.
Barger Prekop s.r.o.
Barger Prekop s.r.o. is well-known for its 'strong' regulatory practice, where it undertakes a significant amount of work for key client National Bank of Slovakia. Elsewhere, on the transactional side, the team is active in areas such as corporate finance, project finance and derivatives. It also advises on loan and bond portfolio management matters. In addition, the group handles mezzanine finance transactions, convertible, hybrid and bridge loans, and a range private equity-related financings, for private equity lenders. Notable individuals in the group include Erik Seman, Adrian Barger and Roman Prekop.
‘We appreciate the professional attitude of the firm, its excellent knowledge of legal aspects of the financial market transactions, its promptness in sending comments to counterparts and its readiness to arrange a conference call to discuss open questions with our counterparts‘
‘We do appreciate the client-oriented approach of the firm and its flexibility when it comes to meeting the client’s needs is of great value‘
‘Erik Seman is a highly educated professional, not only in legal matters, but also in finance, which is valuable for us. He is diligent, responsible and punctual‘
National Bank of Slovakia
- Advised the National Bank of Slovakia on its comprehensive investment portfolio restructuring in preparation for Brexit.
At BBH advokátska kancelária, s.r.o., bond issue specialist Miroslav Fašung and real estate finance expert Matej Blahút (who was promoted to partner in 2019) jointly lead the team. Leading regional banks, funds and international financial institutions benefit from the team's strong presence across the Bratislava and Prague offices and regularly turn to the 'very capable' team for advice on complex financing and transactional mandates. The automotive sector is also a key focus.
‘Business-orientated, flexible, communicative‘
PPF banka a.s.
ISC Funding, a.s.
Československé úvěrní družstvo (Akcenta)
Waldviertler Sparkasse Bank AG
IS Capital Group
Summit Motors Slovakia, spol. s r.o.
Metatron Capital, SICAV plc.
Arval Slovakia s.r.o.
CPI Property Group
- Acted for PPF Banka on the provision of circa €50m to Fortischem a.s.
- Advised CPI Property Group on changing its bond’s terms of issue for CPI Finance Slovakia and CPI Finance Slovakia II.
- Represented ISC Funding on a private €10m emission of bonds.
PRK Partners s.r.o.
PRK Partners s.r.o. regularly works in tandem with its Prague office to handle a range of complex bond issues, derivatives and asset-based finance transactions for a range of banks and other financial institutions. Martin Kříž's practice is split between Bratislava and Prague. Emil Nemec and Eva Hromádková are other names to note.
AXA Bank Europe
HYPO NOE Gruppe
- Advised the winning consortium association of leading international developers of transport infrastructure (Cintra/Ferrovial, PORR, Macquarie and Aberdeen) on the conditions for its participation in public procurement and the implementation of an innovative development project, which included advice on project finance, the revision of financial documents and the preparation of local security documentation.
RELEVANS Law Firm's 'high-quality' team demonstrates 'great know-how' in all aspects of finance transactions, regulatory matters and securities work. The team acts for banks and other financial institutions operating in Slovakia, as well as leading investment groups. The real estate, IT and telecoms sectors are a key focus of the team, which is led by Marián Masarik.
‘The team has perfect knowledge, English language skills and negotiating skills‘
‘The firm’s services are really at the highest professional level and we can always rely on their quality. Moreover, the services are delivered promptly, which is deeply appreciated‘
‘What is important to us, as a private bank, is that the firm can flexibly provide legal solutions tailored to a specific group of clients, such as private banking clients‘
‘I appreciate Marián Masarik’s negotiating skills, expertise, professionalism, highly efficient work and his excellent team management and time management skills‘
‘Martina Martáková and Martina Krupcová are very clever, think rationally, are precise and have a good business sense of the transaction, which is very important to us‘
J&T Finance Group SE
Poštová banka, a.s.
J&T Real Estate a.s.
Sandberg Capital, správ. spol., a.s.
J & T Banka, a.s., pobočka zahraničnej banky
X-Bionic® Sphere a.s.
Carlton Property, s. r. o.
RMS Mezzanine, a.s.
Westend Crossing, a.s.
- Advised the branch of a major foreign bank on the administration of investment promissory notes programs of an external issuer, for issuing its own promissory notes with fixed interest income rate, with the total issue of promissory notes programs in the amount of €500m.
- Advised a major foreign bank in connection with an investment promissory notes program of an external issuer, for issuing its own promissory notes with fixed interest income rate, with the total issue amount of €300m.
- Advised SWAN a.s., as borrower, on the club financing of a company acquisition and on the refinancing of existing loans.
Ružička & Partners s.r.o.
The team of 'business-orientated professionals' at Ružička & Partners s.r.o. handles a range of regulatory, financing, loan restructuring and insolvency matters. The team also offers cross-border expertise, which is particularly notable in leveraged finance transactions. Lucie Schweizer and senior counsel Ján Hanko are recommended.
Erste Bank group
UniCredit Bank Group
Komerční banka, a.s.
OTP Banka Slovensko, a.s.
Česká spořitelna, member of Erste Group
Slovenská sporiteľňa, a.s. (ERSTE group)
Volkswagen Payment Services S.A.
OTP Bank Hungary
MetLife Europe, MetLife Slovakia
Starr Insurance Holdings, Inc.
UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s., pobočka zahraničnej banky
- Advised OTP Bank Hungary on the financing of one of the biggest Tokaj vineries in Slovakia.
- Acted for SVEL Group, Elektech and BEZ Group on the Slovak law issues concerning the provision of a loan to the members of the SVEL Group in Russian Federation.
- Advised Raiffeisen Corporate Leasing on certain matters, including the early termination of a finance lease and the sale of the subject of lease to the lessee.
Schönherr Rechtstanwälte GmbH, o.z. (Schoenherr Slovakia)
Schönherr Rechtstanwälte GmbH, o.z. (Schoenherr Slovakia) regularly handles cross-border financing and refinancing transactions and is able to tap into the expertise retained across its regional network of offices. The team is also regularly instructed by banks and other financial institutions on regulatory matters. Sona Hekelova is the practice head.
Schur Flexibles group
Raiffeisen International AG
Crédit Agricole Leasing & Factoring SA
- Advised ContourGlobal on the refinancing of its entire Slovak portfolio.
- Advised Kongsberg group on the refinancing and offering of €275m senior secured notes.
- Advised Schur Flexibles GmbH as the borrower on a €300m senior financing by a group of lenders.
Squire Patton Boggs s.r.o.'s team advises clients on a standalone basis, and is also able to call upon the experience of practitioners across the firm's international network of offices to assist with a wide range of complex cross-border mandates. It is strong in areas such as fintech and other regulatory matters, and also has notable factoring expertise. On the transactional side, the group is knowledgeable about real estate finance, and bilateral and club lending, among other areas. The practice is led by Silvia Belovicova, who is 'great to work with', and has significant fintech and regtech expertise.
‘I appreciate Silvia Belovičová’s professional approach and rich experience in corporate banking‘
‘Silvia Belovičová provides excellent and understandable output every time‘
‘Silvia Belovičová is available at any time, her communication is excellent, and she promptly solves the incurred matters and situations every time. I also appreciate the professional and quick approach of Jakub Kamenický‘
Československá obchodní banka, a.s.
Raiffeisen Bank International AG
- Advised Bookfield Global Relocation Services (BGRS) on the refinancing of part of its business by selling current and future receivables to a third party.
- Provided Handelsbanken with regulatory compliance advice.
- Advised Komerční Banka on the provision of export finance to a Russian borrower for the purpose of purchasing equipment.
Taylor Wessing Slovakia is highly regarded by mid-sized Austrian banks and Austrian leasing companies active in the CEE region. Compliance and consumer protection issues are a key strength, as is the team's specialist experience of cross-border project finance and real estate finance transactions. Silvia Hlavačková is the team head.
Raiffeisen Centrobank AG
- Advised a client on the launch of a social housing-related banking project.
- Advised client on debt financing and security matters related to its assets.
- Advised a client on the termination of the facilities agreement and issuance of secured bonds used to finance client group and its potential new acquisitions.
Wolf Theiss is regularly engaged by international banks on their transactions in Slovakia, In addition, the firm is often engaged in complex, cross-border matters where cross-office support is required. Regulatory advice is another key workstream of the practice. Since publication, Katarína Bieliková has left the firm.
- Advised a client on a loan facility granted to ten borrowers, legal entities based in Slovakia.
- Advising a foreign bank on the establishment of a Slovak branch.
- Advised one of the largest Austrian banks on a loan facility granted to the Slovak-based joint stock companies as borrowers.
Škubla & Partneri s.r.o.
Škubla & Partneri s.r.o. has a 'good market reputation' in complex project and real estate finance transactions. where it is largely instructed by borrower clients. Capital markets and regulatory work are also key pillars of the practice, which is led by Marián Šulík.
‘Marián Šulík is a very diligent and well organised legal advisor who brings good structure into processes and tackles complex legal matters well‘
‘Marián Šulík is very good in communications and leading negotiations; he is also very solution-oriented and flexible‘
Privatbanka, a. s. (Slovak Republic)
Penta Real Estate, s.r.o.
Prima banka Slovensko, a. s. (Slovak Republic)
Bory Mall, a. s. (Slovak Republic)
eMeM, spol. s r. o. (Slovak Republic)
Penta Investments, s. r. o. (Slovak Republic)
News and Media Holding a. s. (1st largest media house in Slovakia)
- Advised Sky Park Residences on a €110m LMA standard syndicated development loan facility for the construction of the new city centre district.
- Advised eMeM on the €17.5m financing of a residential development project.
Advokátska kancelária MCL, s.r.o.
Advokátska kancelária MCL, s.r.o. , which focuses on borrower-side mandates, has a strong track record in cross-border financing transactions. The firm is regularly sought out to advise on the financing of private equity, venture capital, M&A and real estate transactions with a nexus to Slovakia, the Czech Republic and the UK. The co-heads of the practice are Martin Jurečko and Michal Ranostaj.
‘A very experienced team of very good professionals‘
MiddeCap Group SA and its subsidiaries (MiddleCap Real Estate Ltd, MiddleCap Advisory, s.r.o.)
Euro MAX Slovakia, a.s.
- Advised MiddleCap Advisory on financing the acquisition of FOKUS optic and FOKUS očná optika.
- Advised Euro MAX Slovakia on the mezzanine financing provided in relation to the sale of City-Arena project.
- Advised MiddleCap Real Estate on financing of the “STEIN 2” development project in Bratislava.
Beatow Partners s.r.o
Beatow Partners s.r.o's excellent reputation sees it generate a significant amount of referral work from international law firms in relation to cross-border finance transactions. The team, which is equally strong advising lenders and borrowers, is also able to advise on regulatory and data protection matters. The insurance sector is a key area of expertise for the group, which is led by Michal Delinčák.
‘The team is committed and deal-focused‘
‘Michal Delinčák is a deal-oriented and responsible lawyer‘
bnt attorneys in CEE's broad regional presence makes it a strong choice for cross-border banking and finance mandates. Real estate finance is a key strength of the team, which is led by Margareta Sovova, and is regularly instructed by Slovak, German and English-speaking clients.
M.T.K. s.r.o. (affiliate of MTK BRAPRA Asset AG)
UniCredit Bank AG
- Advised UniCredit Bank AG on the provision of a loan to a Germany-based company (automotive industry) with a security transfer of a right (ownership right) to vehicles owned by its Slovak subsidiary.
- Advised M.T.K., s.r.o. (affiliate of MTK BRAPRA Asset AG) on the provision of additional security for a loan.
- Advised Raiffeisenlandesbank Niederösterreich – Wien AG on the preliminary phase of providing a loan.
bpv Braun Partners s.r.o., o.z.'s transactional strengths are evidenced in areas such as asset finance, project finance and lease transactions. Regulatory advice is also a cornerstone of the practice. The group regularly works with members of the Prague office on cross-border mandates. Prague-based David Vosol and Bratislava-based Igor Augustinič head the team.
‘The team is super reliable and competent; it has never once missed a deadline and is very fast‘
‘A smart young team, which is oriented towards results, not problems‘
‘Igor Augustinič thinks out of the box and supports commercial approaches‘
‘Monika Kardošová works hard, is very analytical and does a good job‘
Capital Bank – GRAWE
- Ongoing advice to Raiffeisen Niederösterreich-Wien on day-to-day matters related to a credit facility for the development of a new business centre by the Danube in Bratislava.
- Advising Hypo-Bank Burgenland on all of its real estate financing transactions in Slovakia.
- Advising Interchange on complex regulatory matters related to its entry into the Slovak market.
Deloitte Legal s. r. o. is regularly engaged on regulatory matters for major local and international financial institutions. The team works closely with colleagues to also provide tax advice and to advise on cross-border transactions. Dagmar Yoder is recommended.
UP Slovensko, s.r.o.
SVEA Ekonomi Cyprus Ltd.
Volkswagen Finančné služby Slovensko s.r.o.
Československá obchodná banka, a.s.
Prvá stavebná sporiteľňa, a.s.
- Advised SVEA Ekonomi Cyprus on the licensing requirements relating to the intended sale of a portfolio of receivables.
- Advised Volkswagen Finančné služby Slovensko on the set-up of financial remunerating for financial agents.
Leveraging the firm's vast international footprint, the Bratislava office of DLA Piper Weiss-Tessbach Rechtsanwälte GmbH, o.z. is often utilised to effectively resource complex multijurisdictional financing and refinancing transactions. Michaela Stessl is the head of the group.
UniCredit Austria AG
Banca IMI SpA
Raiffeisen Bank International
The Royal Bank of Scotland
Kommunalkredit Austria AG
- Advised Aareal Bank Group on the provision of a complex five-year term debt facility, of up to €800m, to certain funds affiliated with an international investor, together with its consolidated subsidiaries. The debt will finance a pan-European portfolio of logistics properties.
Eversheds Sutherland, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o. was formed when Dvořák Hager & Partners joined the Eversheds Sutherland network in December 2019. The development has put the Bratislava-based team on a stronger footing to advise domestic and international clients on cross-border transactions. Acquisition finance, club and syndicated financing, export finance and real estate finance are key areas of expertise. Regulatory matters are another key workstream for the group, which is led by Bernhard Hager.
‘The lawyers are flexible, they always react promptly and try to be in compliance with the term for the preparation of the task‘
Owens & Minor, Inc
- Advised Icelandic payment services provider Borgun on regulatory and compliance issues relating to its business operations in Slovakia.
Hillbridges, which demonstrates strong capabilities acting for borrowers on significant financing transactions, generates mandates from entities operating in the energy, infrastructure, aviation, chemicals, food and beverages sectors. Project finance is a key strength, as are mezzanine and distressed asset finance transactions in the real estate sector. Regulatory work is also a notable area of expertise. Zuzana Bartošovičová, Miroslav Trenčan, Andrej Adamčík and Martin Cabak are recommended.
Austrian Anadi Bank AG
PPA Controll, a.s.
C.L.N. Slovakia (part of Italian CLN Group)
American Bank of Commerce
- Advised Sanofi on the sale of Zentiva, a.s., its generic business in Slovakia – as part of the acquisition of Zentiva – Sanofi’s European generics business by Advent.
- Advised M-Market Group on the disposal of CBA Slovakia, a.s. and comprehensive long-term lease arrangements, as well as arrangements for future cooperation in store development.
- Advised a private investor on the sale of Slovak wholesale professional cooking and bartending appliances company DAVAC spol. s r.o.
With a strong German-speaking client base, Noerr regularly acts for domestic and international credit institutions, financial institutions, investment funds, leasing companies and corporate clients on financing transactions. Tomáš Záborský is the head of the banking and finance practice.
Allianz Real Estate GmbH
Manitowoc Crane Group
Aweco Appliances Slovakia
Deutsche Postbank AG
UniCredit Bank Austria AG
Nordea Bank Danmark A/S
Deutsche Bank AG
Deutsche Schule Bratislava
N26 Mobile Bank
- Advising Apollo Global Management on the acquisition of a real estate property plot, which included advice on the financing of the transaction.
Paul Q Law Firm's varied portfolio of work includes real estate finance, acquisition finance and project finance transactions. Regulatory work is also a notable strength of the team. Jiří Budinský and Eduard Winkler are recommended.
PETERKA & PARTNERS
PETERKA & PARTNERS is 'well connected across CEE' and is a 'well-respected local law firm with knowledgeable and commercially-minded lawyers'. It demonstrates strengths in cross-border work; it is regularly instructed by domestic and international clients on financial transactions. Notably, the team is often instructed by a leading UK-based financial services company. Recently promoted partner Lubomir Lesko, who is particularly noted for his real estate finance expertise, leads the team.
‘Jan Makara has a strong client focus; he provides legal advice that is tailored to the client’s business needs‘
Bibby Financial Services
ECE European City Estates
Flawless Money Limited
YCE Housing I
- Advised Bibby Financial Services on an €180m financing facility.
- Advised ECE European City Estates Diversified REITs on the financing and re-financing aspects relating to the sale of a logistics and warehouse facility located in South Slovakia, to Gramercy Europe.
- Advised YCE HOUSING I on the financing of an acquisition of a major residential project in Bratislava.
SOUKENÍK – ŠTRPKA, s. r. o.'s sizeable banking and finance practice has recently advised clients on several high-value loan transactions, as well as loan restructuring mandates. Igor Vranka, Milan Gocník and Marek Benko are recommended.
Vodohospodárskej výstavba, štátny podnik
Respect Slovakia, s.r.o.
PREMIUM Insurance Company limited
Letové prevádzkové služby, š. p
- Advised Vodohospodárskej výstavba, štátny podnik on a €355m loan transaction; one of the most significant loan transactions in Slovakia.
- Advised a client on the restructuring of its existing loans.
Stentors acts for lenders and borrowers on financing transactions; the client roster includes Slovak banks, leasing companies and other financial institutions, as well as VC funds, real estate developers and corporate entities. The team offers extensive experience across syndicated financing and project finance-related work. Regulatory work, restructuring and leveraged financing are also key areas of activity for the 'very well managed and organised team'. Department head Michal Hulena has extensive experience across syndicated financing, project financing, leveraged financing and complex loan restructuring mandates.
‘A young, but very qualified team with an enthusiastic, positive and engaged attitude‘
‘The team is ready to bring the solutions for clients in a very effective and timely way‘
‘Michal Hulena is very experienced and knowledgeable‘
‘Michal Hulena is always very polite, but assertive‘
Invest4SEE RE Investment Holding GmbH
Cord Blood Centre Group
- Advised Invest4SEE RE Investment Holding on the €15m financing of the development and construction of the second and third phase of a logistic park in Western Slovakia.
- Advised CORD BLOOD CENTER on a €6m acqusition financing mandate.
- Ongoing advice to a global equipment leasing company on various matters.
Zárecký Zeman's banking and finance team builds on the firm's strengths in the real estate sector to handle real estate financing transactions for developers, investors and construction companies. Regulatory work is also a key focus; the group advises controllers of banking credit bureau registers on issues such as data protection and GDPR. Tomáš Zárecký Dentico is a name to note.
Slovak Banking Credit Bureau, s.r.o.
Non-Banking Credit Bureau
CRIF- Slovak Credit Bureau, s.r.o.
Intrade Assets Management, s.r.o.
Falcon II Real Estate Investments SA
Eurovia CS, a.s.
AZOR Eta, s.r.o.
Azor Zeta, s.r.o.
Across Wealth Management, o.c.p., a.s.
- Advised Slovak Banking Credit Bureau, s.r.o on contracts on provision of services, in line with the Act on Banks, Act on Consumer Loans, GDPR and other regulations, under which the client enables the banks to participate in the mutual exchange of information on bank’s clients on their ability to repay loans and other banking products.
- Advised CRIF – Slovak Credit Bureau, a.s. on the launch of a new electronic service for Slovak banks.
- Advised a Czech – Israeli developer on the refinancing of various inter-company loans.