Commercial, corporate and M&A in Serbia
BDK Advokati traditionally acts for buyers on M&A deals. Recently the team has been increasingly active in significant sell-side mandates. M&A and corporate head Vladimir Dašić consistently advises on prominent M&A deals in Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Tijana Kojović is a corporate and commercial law and M&A specialist. Counsel Saša Stojanović specialises in corporate law and M&A transactions and heads the German desk.
Vladimir Dašić; Tijana Kojović
‘BDK is fully focused on its clients. Its ability to suggest solutions to bypass deadlocks and help clients move projects forward is instrumental in completing deals. The team’s availability is literally round-the-clock, which is incredible.‘
‘The team is both competent and knowledgeable.‘
‘The team is client oriented, flexible, creative and solves problems.‘
‘The competence of Vladimir Dašić is at the highest possible level. No higher quality of advice can be imagined. In addition, his ability to find solutions that help clients come out of seemingly unsolvable situations is amazing.‘
‘Vladimir Dašić gives his utmost attention to clients, who never feel any lack of focus or attention whatsoever.‘
Coca Cola HBC
Blue Sea Capital
China Road and Bridge Corporation
- Assisted Dubai’s P&O Ports with the acquisition of Port Luka Novi Sad.
- Advised Coca Cola HBC on the acquisition of Serbian confectionary firm Bambi from Mid Europa Partners.
- Advised private equity firm BC Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in United Group from KKR.
JPM Jankovic Popovic & Mitic fields specialists in M&A, corporate and commercial law, securities, takeovers, regulatory issues and tax. Other areas of strength are gambling, public procurement and data protection. Jelena Gazivoda and Nenad Popovic are both highly rated for landmark transactions and projects of strategic importance for Serbia and the SEE region; and Jelena Stanković Lukić has particular experience in the gaming and entertainment, oil and gas, and agriculture and food sectors. Nikola Đorđević's practice includes corporate, M&A and energy law matters, and senior associate Bojana Javorić is experienced in corporate restructurings and contractual arrangements.
Nenad Popović; Jelena Gazivoda
‘The JPM team comprises dedicated professionals who are competent, punctual, responsive and accurate.‘
‘Providing the best legal advice and understanding of clients’ business make JPM a firm of first choice. Clients are always pleased with the high quality of legal advice delivered for the most complex and demanding tasks.‘
‘The team handles matters very well and is always proactive during negotiations.’
‘Jelena Gazivoda is outstanding – a true leader on the market.‘
‘Jelena Gazivoda is always the right choice. She is highly reliable, experienced and a lawyer who can always find a solution for any problem.‘
‘Nikola Đorđević is always there for all clients’ needs.‘
Gastrans doo Novi Sad
China Shandong International Economic & Technical Cooperation Group
CD Holding Internationale
Transportgas Srbija doo
- Advised China Shandong International Economic & Technical Cooperation Group on its joint venture with the government of Republika Srpska, which related to a highway concession project in the Republic of Srpska.
- Acted for Warburg Pincus, as a potential buyer of a majority stake in United Group, (an alternative pay-TV company) from KKR.
- Advised Gastrans doo on complex corporate and commercial matters, which relate to the implementation of the Turkish stream project in Serbia.
Through co-operation with local lawyers across multiple jurisdictions, including Montenegro, Bosnia, North Macedonia, Croatia and Slovenia, Karanovic & Partners stands out for its integrated corporate and commercial legal practice. Dragan Karanovic and Marjan Poljak are consistently involved in large deals, and Miloš Vučković's experience includes privatisations, M&A, joint ventures, takeover bids and restructuring. Miloš Jakovljević focuses on private equity groups, financial institutions and the energy, telecoms and consumer goods sectors; and Ivan Nonković's clients are public and private companies and private equity firms. Recently promoted senior associate Sava Drača is a corporate and commercial law specialist.
Dragan Karanović; Miloš Vučković; Marjan Poljak
‘The team is reactive, proactive and knowledgeable. It never lets clients down.‘
‘The lawyers have top-of-the-class preparation and skills and are great listeners and doers.‘
Zijin Mining Group Co
Mid Europa Partners
ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Advised Mid Europa Partners on the €260m sale of Bambi, a Serbian biscuit and confectionary maker.
- Advised Zijin Mining Group Co, one of China’s biggest gold producers, on the privatisation of RTB Bor, one of the largest copper mining and smelting complexes in Europe.
- Acted for PPF Group, the Czech investment firm, on the €2.8bn acquisition of Telenor’s assets in Central and Eastern Europe.
Moravcevic Vojnovic and Partners in cooperation with Schoenherr is widely praised for its management of highly complex landmark CEE projects. The team particularly stands out for its M&A experience in the banking, TMT and automotive sectors, as well as in distressed deals. Matija Vojnović works on M&A transactions for both strategic investors and private equity firms, and Luka Lopičić is experienced in high-end deals involving Croatia, Bulgaria, Hungary and Albania. Slaven Moravčević focuses on the telecoms and energy sectors, and recently promoted partner Vojimir Kurtić advises on both buy-side and sell-side M&A.
Matija Vojnović; Luka Lopičić
‘When push comes to shove, this is the only firm to use. Clients are fully satisfied with the service provided.’
‘A key strength is the ability to provide pragmatic advice and act quickly. No weaknesses are identified.‘
‘The team provides high-quality advice, interfacing very well with the regulators and local management and counterparts. They understand the needs of very sophisticated and highly demanding clients, enabling successful closing.‘
‘Schoenherr is clearly one of the best firms in the Serbian market when it comes to corporate law. High level of expertise and professionalism is what clients value the most during collaborations. Their availability, technical knowledge and superior service are some of their key strengths, and their teams are well-organised, so they are capable of handling various issues on a daily basis despite demanding deadlines.‘
‘The lawyers at Schoenherr are top professionals, very detailed and ready to meet all deadlines.‘
‘The team is professional and supportive; it is also well organised and knows how to explain complex legal terms and situations into easy-to-understand language. The lawyers are very reliable and a have strong reputation as a leading M&A practice in the region.‘
‘With an outstanding track record and know-how, Slaven Moravčević has an exceptional understanding of the market. Because of that, the combination of his competence and problem solving skills means that he can provide the best service every time under any circumstances, which is of a great value for clients.‘
‘Slaven is always highly professional and ready to respond to any request. It is a distinct pleasure for clients to work with Slaven and have him on their side of the table.‘
‘Matija Vojnović has a great deal of M&A experience and his involvement in transactions is valuable as he knows what to do in any situation. His negotiation skills and style are impressive.‘
‘Vojimir Kurtić is a great lawyer. He is very experienced in M&A and clients have complete confidence in him, including his strategic thinking and ability to be a step ahead all the time.‘
Swiss Auto Group
Smurfit Kappa Group
HETA Asset Resolution
- Advised Société Générale on the sale of its banks in Serbia, Montenegro and Moldova to OTP Bank.
- Acted for Telenor ASA on the €2.8bn sale of its CEE subsidiaries to PPF Group.
- Advised KKR on the sale of United Group, a multi-play telecoms and media provider, to private equity firm BC Partners.
Petrikic & Partneri AOD in cooperation with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz is highly experienced in advising multinational corporations that are present in Serbia. It frequently handles both large transactions as well as day-to-day operations. Radivoje Petrikić has over 20 years' experience in major commercial and M&A deals and development projects throughout the CEE; and Maja Stepanović is an expert in corporate and commercial law, privatisations and M&A. Marija Tešić is experienced in cross-border transactions in the retail, telecoms and manufacturing sectors.
Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport
OTP Bank Group
China Telecom Europe
Mehler Vario System
InterContinental Hotels Group
- Advises Lear Corporation, a global supplier of automotive seating and electrical distribution systems, on a day-to-day basis on commercial and corporate law matters.
- Advising Zumtobel Group, a European manufacturer of professional indoor and outdoor lighting, on corporate and commercial matters in Serbia.
- Advised OTP Bank Group on the acquisition of Société Générale Bank Serbia.
Bojović Drašković Popović & Partners handles both complex, cross-border M&A as well as local transactions. Sector expertise includes TMT, fashion, healthcare, food, construction, retail and educational institutions. The firm has a niche specialisation in providing US law-compatible advice, with Uroš Popović admitted to the New York bar. Vuk Draskovic's primary focus is on the IT sector, and Marija Bojovic is a corporate and commercial law expert.
‘They are among the very best lawyers in Serbia. The team is highly professional, reliable and dynamic. It is a relatively young team but, at the same time, experienced.‘
‘The legal team is very responsive, with extensive experience, in-depth legal knowledge and flexibility. The partners are easily approachable and always actively work on legal matters, which gives clients the comfort and reassurance that their work is being diligently handled.‘
‘The firm is professional, hardworking and in a short time can resolve every issue, even cultural ones.‘
‘Vuk Drašković is very approachable, business oriented and provides advice on complex issues in plain and easily understandable language.‘
‘Vuk Drašković possesses huge knowledge in various legal matters, especially M&A and employment. His legal expertise and comprehensive industry knowledge are impressive – he is truly outstanding and he completely understands clients’ business.‘
‘Vuk Drašković is an excellent attorney, with extensive experience and knowledge of the local market (including Montenegro). He is always up to date with trends and very experienced with clients from China and Turkey.‘
‘Uroš Popović is internationally experienced, since he has a US legal background, and is always very well accepted by US clients. He always pays attention to details and is very diligent.‘
Turkie Maarif School
- Assisted Turkie Maarif Vakfi with the establishment of a school in Serbia.
- Advised Point Group (and its Cypriot subsidiary) on the sale of Sombormlin doo to Agromlin Sombor doo.
- Advised Welkino, a Cyprus-based limited company, on the €2.3m sale of its Serbian company, Žitoprodukt, to ASA Trading.
BOPA Bojanovic & Partners is particularly active in deals involving the energy and infrastructure, pharmaceutical, TMT, food and beverage, automotive and aviation sectors. Vladimir Bojanovic's practice includes M&A, privatisations, joint ventures, MBOs and LBOs, and private equity and venture capital transactions.
‘The lawyers always provide precise, direct and clear legal advice and directions. They are always instructive and their responsiveness is unmatchable.‘
‘The team is detail oriented and versatile.‘
‘BOPA is a synonym for corporate M&A work. It is mandated for the most complex transactions.’
‘BOPA is very responsive, pro-active and clear in its guidance when setting up a new entity and acquiring a licence.‘
‘The team’s business-driven approach really makes it stand out. It has strength in both numbers and quality.‘
‘Vladimir Bojanović is a reliable and co-operative lawyer.‘
‘Vladimir Bojanović is outstanding. He truly dominates the market and is a highly skilled and knowledgeable M&A lawyer.‘
‘Vladimir Bojanović is extremely helpful and gives sound advice and quick responses, with the client’s best interests in mind.‘
CJ O Shopping
- Assisted Ariston Thermo Group, an Italian corporation that produces heating systems and related products, with its entrance on the Serbian market.
- Advised Knorr-Bremse on its internal restructuring and selling of shares.
- Advised CJ O Shopping on the complex acquisition of Studio Moderna Investments Holdings and its subsidiaries.
Harrisons Solicitors acts on both the buy-side and sell-side of major transactions. Areas of recent growth include advising Chinese and Abu Dhabi investors, as well as acting for IT, mining and agricultural companies. Consultant Goran Martinovic's practice includes corporate, commercial, real estate and energy law, M&A and private equity transactions. Mark Harrison advises on high-profile transactions in the region, particularly involving governments.
‘The staff has extraordinary skills and is precise and provides feedback quickly.‘
‘In comparison with many other local law offices, the Harrisons’ team possesses valuable, longstanding experience. This provides clients with the required confidence, particularly in cases where professional experience plays a crucial role in further decision making.‘
‘The team has genuine knowledge and understanding of its clients’ needs and key values.‘
‘Harrisons has proven over and over again to be very forthcoming and pro-active in its legal support of clients’ business, making sure that clients always comply, now and in the future, with Serbian law.‘
‘The team has specific, detailed knowledge of certain topics and its English communication skills are excellent. The lawyers are also fast and to the point in realising, both virtually and physically, activities that need completing.‘
Citibank Rep Office
Seven Bridges Genomics
- Advises British Embassy Belgrade on its daily operations.
- Advises Visa International on its operations in Serbia.
- Advised Al Dahra Holding on the acquisition of Poljoprivredna Korporacija Beograd, a Serbian state-owned agricultural company.
Joksovic, Stojanovic & Partners advises on large-scale deals, in addition to corporate law issues, commercial agreements and day-to-day matters. The firm also has a number of IT and automotive sector experts, and regularly co-operates with the commercial and consular departments of foreign embassies. Petar Stojanović acts for high-profile international corporate clients from various industries, and Milan Joksovic is an international commercial and company law specialist. Attorney at law Goran Vučić is experienced in M&A, foreign direct investment and corporate and commercial law.
Milan Joksovic; Petar Stojanović
‘The team delivers quick responses and reasonable hourly rates, and does not charge for all small amounts of communication. It is honest, fair and open in its dealings.‘
‘The lawyers make themselves available at all times and their knowledge of English is very helpful. Overall, they are able to assist in all areas of law required for business and they have a good understanding of local courts and procedures.‘
‘They have high levels of professionalism and prompt reactions and approach every matter from a variety of perspectives, which gives quality support to business decision making.‘
‘Clients receive special care from the team. The approach is always adjusted to the level of the client’s understanding and the communication is very efficient.‘
‘Petar Stojanović, in particular, is an excellent business partner, always available and fair in his billing. Clients really appreciate the work he does.‘
‘Milan Joksovic is a true leader and has widespread knowledge.‘
‘Milan Joksovic is up to date with all trends and the legal effects of transactions.‘
Nokia Solutions and Networks
BTL Medical Technologies
State Lottery of Serbia
MSD Merck Sharp & Dohme
Silgan Metal Packaging
Kaltsidis & Co Wood Industry
Global Wind Services
Open Ratio Technologies
Infrastructure Development and Construction
- Advised Scania on the corporate restructuring of its legal entities in Serbia.
- Assists Infrastructure Development and Construction, the general contractor for the Serbian section of the Turkish Stream gas pipeline project, with corporate and regulatory issues.
- Advised Nevsun on local law matters regarding the $1.8bn sale of its shares to Zijin Mining.
Law Office Miroslav Stojanovic, in cooperation with Wolf Theiss recently experienced an increase in M&A across the food and beverage (including ready to drink) and automotive sectors. It has also launched WT Space, a collaboration, file-sharing and project management platform. Miroslav Stojanovic is an M&A specialist, and Nataša Lalović Marić and senior associate Andjelka Todorovic are frequently sought out to advise on major deals.
Miroslav Stojanovic; Nataša Lalović Marić
‘This stable team works on top-notch deals, with great leadership by Miroslav Stojanovic.‘
‘Miroslav Stojanovic is an experienced legal practitioner and leader. He is fluent in both English and German, and even in tough moments he stays calm and keeps things under control.‘
Naftna industrija Srbije ad NIS
Vest Invest Joint Stock Company
Emil Frey Group (Switzerland)
Emil Frey Auto Centar doo Beograd
MB Barter Trading & Holding
Rehau Verwaltungszentrale AG
Russell Square Holding BV
Capital Balkan Properties
- Advised Hisense Group Co, a China-based producer of home appliances, on the successful takeover of shares in Slovenia-based white-goods manufacturer, Gorenje.
- Assists Hutchinson, a French manufacturer of rubber, thermoplastic elastomer and polymer products, with the legal issues surrounding its commencement of manufacturing operations in Serbia.
- Advised MB Barter Trading & Holding on the Serbian aspects of the sale of its assets to Rehau Verwaltungszentrale, a multi-national company that specialises in industrial chemicals trade.
Prica & Partners
Prica & Partners' clients span the financial services, private equity, TMT, energy and hospitality sectors. Danica Gligorijević's practice includes corporate and commercial transactions, incorporations, shareholder matters and restructuring. Mihajlo Prica focuses on corporate, M&A and commercial matters, and Ana Čalić Turudija is an energy and infrastructure specialist.
Danica Gligorijević; Mihajlo Prica; Ana Čalić Turudija
Government of the Republic of Serbia
Wizz Air Hungary
Procter & Gamble
Boehringer Ingelheim RCV
Alpiq Energy SE
3M South East Europe Region
- Advised the Rohatyn Group, an emerging markets asset management company, on the €40m acquisition of Croatia-based company, Pet Centar, a pet supplies retailer with a presence across Croatia, Serbia and Romania.
- Acted for YAS Holding, a UAE company, on its prospective €62m acquisition of an agricultural company.
- Assisted Netherlands-based DEC International, which is known globally for flexible ducting, with the purchase of a production facility.
Samardžić, Oreški & Grbović Law Firm
Samardžić, Oreški & Grbović Law Firm was recently active in corporate, asset and liability transfers, M&A, restructurings and reorganisations. Milan Samardžić advises international and local clients on large-scale M&A projects and joint ventures; Radovan Grbović's practice covers M&A, PPP and the real estate sector; and Marija Oreški Tomašević acts on foreign investment structuring, M&A, corporate governance and privatisations. Miloš Velimirović has extensive experience in advising both corporate clients and public entities.
Milan Samardžić; Marija Oreški Tomašević; Radovan Grbović; Miloš Velimirović
FCC EKO doo
Softline Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Air France KLM
Outsource Insurance Professionals
Vice Media doo
Alca Trgovina doo
Yihai Property Group
Etihad Aviation Group
- Advised DB Schenker Serbia on a wide spectrum of legal issues surrounding its operations in Serbia, including corporate changes in its governing bodies.
- Acting for TransPerfect Translations, a US-based language services provider, on setting up an LLC in Serbia.
- Advises GlaxoSmithKline on its corporate and commercial issues in Serbia, including complex regulatory matters.
Doklestic Repic & Gajin has substantial expertise in commercial and corporate agreements, joint ventures, foreign investments, implementing innovative business models and restructurings. Slobodan Doklestic focuses on corporate law, M&A, private equity, turnarounds and corporate status changes.
‘This is definitely one of the top Serbian law firms.‘
‘The lawyers are reliable partners that clients would like to have beside them for all legal advice. The team members complement each other and give highly comprehensive analyses.‘
‘The corporate and commercial team is absolutely great and clients enjoy working with them. It is very responsive and client-centric. The team is also very experienced and professional, and always tries to explain the legal risks and issues to ensure the best possible protection of clients’ interests.‘
‘One of the best in Serbia when it comes to international business transactions.‘
‘Slobodan Doklestic is an outstanding lawyer with vast experience and legal expertise in a number of legal fields, which enables him to provide clients with practical and detailed legal advice. He is always on top of his game.‘
‘Slobodan Doklestic is a lawyer with great patience and a sharp mind. He is very creative in finding the right solution.‘
‘Slobodan Doklestic is one of the best corporate and commercial lawyers in Serbia. He is very committed, with a superb ability to find practical legal solutions and structures for even the most complicated situations, and is very much esteemed by both clients and peers.‘
Philip Morris International
Nelt & Co
Moguntia Food Group
Net Check GmbH
Pernod Ricard Hellas
VDL Bus & Coach
- Advises Magna Pharmacia on its day-to-day operations, including handling the divestment of Labteh doo Belgrade.
- Advised Synevo Laboratories on the acquisition of a large medical laboratory chain’s business.
- Regularly advises the subsidiaries of Philip Morris International in Serbia and Montenegro on complex corporate and commercial legal issues, including day-to-day legal support.
Gecic Law consistently acts on large transactions in the region. Senior counsel Ognjen Colić is the corporate and M&A head; his practice includes corporate law and M&A, commercial agreements and regulatory compliance. Bogdan Gecić is a lead partner on a number of corporate deals.
‘The team does not offer templates; it always provides fully tailored contracts that are drafted from scratch.‘
‘If clients need these lawyers at 4am in the morning, they will answer the phone; and sometimes the queries are very complex and demanding.‘
‘The team provides exceptional accessibility and devotion to clients, costs transparency and high levels of service.‘
‘Clients are grateful to the firm. There are no potential or existing issues that they, collectively or individually, cannot help resolve in very short periods of time.‘
‘If anything unexpected pops up, the team acts fast and professionally, giving clients the best possible options on how to overcome the unexpected.‘
‘The lawyers are very easy to work with and they understand what clients need. The level of communication and quality of service does not drop over time, which is often the case with other firms.‘
‘Ognjen Colić has great knowledge and experience in the food industry. He has a pragmatic and proactive approach that always maximises the legal benefits.‘
‘Ognjen Colić and Bogdan Gecić are highly appreciated for their personal engagement in the progress of clients’ business. The partners are also as good as they are due to the excellent work of the associates.‘
Jansensonder Holding BV
Kamen Pazin dd
Smith Micro Software
Smartway doo Beograd
Mainstream doo Beograd
Desing doo Beograd
Fracturecode Corp ApS
Government of the Republic of Serbia
Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Provides day-to-day corporate and commercial law advice to Smith Micro Software’s Serbian subsidiary.
- Advised Croatia-based Kamen Pazin dd on an overhaul of its Serbian subsidiary’s corporate governance.
- Acted for Jansensonder Holding BV on the sale of its stake in its Serbian subsidiary, a fruit-processing business, and the simultaneous squeeze-out of a minority shareholder.
Kinstellar/Zajednicka advokatska kancelarija Maric & Mujezinovic advises strategic and financial investors across the region on both buy-side and sell-side M&A. Branislav Marić focuses on M&A and corporate law, as well as energy and project-related matters.
Branislav Marić; Selma Mujezinović
‘This law office is a one-stop-shop for clients in need of all areas of legal specialisation. Every case that needs close attention is analysed and proposed in a big-picture manner, and the lawyers always have the ability to find the best possible solution.‘
- Advised Ceres Pharma, a Belgian pharmaceutical company, on the acquisition of Ceumed Group, a group of pharmaceutical wholesalers operating in several Central and Eastern European markets.
- Advised Mastercard on structuring models of co-operation with a local payment card processor.
- Acted for Arena Hospitality Group on the acquisition of the 88 Rooms Hotel in downtown Belgrade from MK Group.
NKO Partners' Djordje Nikolic and Djuro Otasevic jointly head the corporate department. Nikolic focuses on M&A and corporate and commercial law. He is particularly active in the real estate, oil and gas and pharmaceutical industries. Otasevic is an expert in deals involving mining, food and beverage and telecoms.
Djordje Nikolic; Djuro Otasevic
‘The team is professional and pays attention to detail. It is also great for communication and quick to respond with clear and concise answers.‘
‘Djordje Nikolic is a highly skilled individual with great knowledge of corporate law.‘
- Acts for Heineken on corporate and commercial matters.
- Advises PepsiCo International (and its local subsidiary Marbo) on corporate and commercial matters, including drafting agreements with suppliers and customers.
- Advised Canada’s Nevsun Resources on the Serbian law aspects of the sale of its shares to Chinese company, Zijin Mining.
Stankovic & Partners (NSTLAW) acts on both domestic and cross-border corporate M&A deals. The team also assists international businesses with setting up operations in Serbia. Nenad Stankovic is an international business law specialist.
British American Tobacco
Titantex SRL Unipersonale
Centre for Dental Aesthetics and Implantology
Business Journal LTD Belgrade
Aelius SARL Luxembourg
- Assisted Centre for Dental Esthetics and Implantology with plans to expand its business operations, which included advice on an optimal business model.
- Acted for California-based Monster Energy, an international soft drinks company, on various matters relating to its Serbian and international operations.
- Acted for Austria-based Heta Asset Resolution and Heta Serbia on corporate and commercial issues.
Zavisin Semiz Law Office
Zavisin Semiz Law Office focuses on M&A, private equity, company law advice and corporate restructuring. Nataša Zavišin is an expert in M&A, structuring joint ventures, investments and general corporate matters.
Eagle Hills Properties
Mid Europa Partners
Kappa Star Group
- Advised Kappa Star Group on the sale of a majority stake in both paper manufacturer FHB and Avala Ada, a producer of corrugated board and packaging.
- Acted as local legal counsel to Mid Europa Partners on acquiring a majority stake in private healthcare provider, MediGroup.
Baklaja Igric Tintor Law Office has expertise in the telecoms, pharmaceutical, energy, tourism and retail sectors. Djordje Igrić has particular strengths in M&A, corporate matters, privatisation and restructuring.
‘The team has extended experience serving international clients and understands their needs and common practices.‘
‘Djordje Igrić stands out as an attorney who has impeccable integrity and puts clients’ interests first. He is frequently willing to go the extra mile.‘
- Advised Fush Llc on the acquisition of a production facility in Serbia.
- Acted for Afarak, a producer of speciality alloys, on the acquisition of Magnohrom, a production facility in Serbia that extracts magnesite from mines.
- Advised Dr Max Group on its acquisition of pharmacy chains in Serbia.
Marić, Mališić & Dostanić o.a.d.'s recent work includes M&A, corporate restructurings and construction projects. Ana Marić advises international clients on M&A and general transactional matters, and Rastko Mališić focuses on M&A in the banking and finance sector. Oliver Radosavljevic is a commercial law and contracts specialist.
Ana Marić; Oliver Radosavljevic; Rastko Mališić
‘The communication between team members is seamless, which makes it very easy to submit a request for legal support.‘
‘The team is well co-ordinated and never duplicates work, which is important when handling complex legal work.‘
‘The practice has a wide scope of expertise, delivers on time and understands business at a first glance.‘
‘The lawyers have excellent expert knowledge and understanding of clients’ needs.‘
‘Ana Marić is an outstanding lawyer and true leader.’
‘Oliver Radosavljevic has a proactive approach to clients’ needs and is business minded, which enables clients to optimise their opportunities. He is also very sharp and clear in his communications.‘
Belgrade French Embassy
ACOLIN InfoTech AG
Minth Automotive Europe
- Advises Robert Bosch on the corporate and commercial aspects of its operations in Serbia.
- Assisted Barry Callebaut, a Switzerland-based manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, with entering the Serbian market.
- Advises Ikea Serbia on its legal matters in Serbia.
Mihaj, Ilic & Milanovic Law Firm has deal expertise in the healthcare and pharmaceutical, energy and infrastructure, manufacturing and aviation sectors. Marko Milanovic is a commercial and corporate law expert and Tanja Unguran's practice includes commercial contracts and corporate M&A.
Tanja Unguran; Marko Milanovic; Nemanja Ilic
‘This is a great law firm for commercial and corporate legal matters. Its lawyers know business and the legal service provided is exceptional.‘
‘Clients are delighted with the firm, regardless of the area of law or advice needed.‘
‘MIM Law provides quality legal services and it is very much appreciated for its readiness to provide accurate responses to challenging commercial questions and legal situations.‘
‘Communications are very professional and prompt. The team is very capable of resolving the most difficult issues at hand and has a very active approach, which allows it to understand the global picture and predict developments a few steps ahead.‘
‘The team is very strong in all aspects of commercial and corporate issues, and the advice provided is practical and very useful.‘
‘Marko Milanovic is a very energetic, responsive lawyer, who is very familiar with the development of necessary strategies to achieve the best solutions.‘
‘Marko Milanovic is an excellent professional, very well versed in commercial issues and well-known in the legal market.‘
Novartis Pharma Services
Oil Processing Company Europe
- Advises Oil Processing Company Europe, a provider of fuel retail-related IT services, on its commercial agreements with local fuel producers.
- Acts as general legal counsel for Galeb Group and its subsidiaries.
- Advised Vulcascot Austria on its business operations in Serbia.
Ninkovic Law Office is particularly active in the pharmaceutical and aviation sectors. Djurdje Ninkovic has over 30 years' experience in advising domestic and international clients, and Ivan Krsikapa is an M&A and privatisation specialist.
Djurdje Ninkovic; Ivan Krsikapa
- Assisted Collins Aerospace with the establishment of a branch office in Serbia.
- Advised Accenture on the legal aspects of providing services in Serbia.
- Advised Kautex (Romania), a Textron subsidiary, on its contracts with a local firm for the receipt, storage and delivery of fuel tanks to Fiat Serbia.
Subotic & Jevtic - Attorneys at Law
Subotic & Jevtic - Attorneys at Law was established in 2017. The firm's expertise covers M&A, privatisations, reorganisations, corporate governance and regulatory compliance. Julijana Jevtic has over 15 years' experience in M&A, privatisations and restructuring.
‘The partners have managed to establish a strong and reputable team to deal with the most challenging legal issues. Their backgrounds enable them to be competitive and to have a strong position on the Serbian legal market.‘
‘There are no matters that the team cannot handle. It is experienced and highly qualified to advise on and resolve any issue, and the team does it with ease and confidence.‘
‘The lawyers give very practical, yet highly knowledgeable, advice as well as a personal touch during communications. These things distinguish them from other lawyers and they are very much appreciated for their deep involvement in clients’ matters.‘
‘Julijana Jevtic is very analytical and dedicated to detail, but she also gives a very clear overall picture of problems. Clients can always turn to her for advice with the certainty that it will be of the essence.‘
‘Julijana Jevtic adds value to the high-level service she provides with her analytical and leadership skills.‘
‘Julijana Jevtic is excellent in seeing the overall picture of a problem, as well as paying attention to every detail of it during the course of a transaction.‘
Lukoil ad Belgrade
Nova Iskra DizajnInkubator doo Belgrade
JKP Gradsko saobracajno preduzece Beograd
Agri Business Partner doo Sombor
Astor Consulting and Project Management
- Advised Agri Business Partner doo Sombor on the acquisition of treasury shares.
- Advised Astor Consulting and Project Management FZE, UAE on the acquisition of Serbian company Slovshore SEE doo Belgrade’s shares.
- Assisted Nova Iskra Dizajn Inkubator doo Belgrade with the formation of a joint venture with Germany’s rent24.
Zivkovic & Samardzic Law Office
Zivkovic & Samardzic Law Office frequently advises on complex business transactions. Branislav Živković and Nebojša Samardžić are experienced in M&A, joint ventures and privatisations. Igor Živkovski currently serves as President of the Foreign Investors Council's Legal Committee.
Branislav Živković; Nebojša Samardžić; Igor Živkovski
‘The legal team is highly professional, responsive and understands business. Creativity and experience, combined with prompt response times, are what make this team stand out in the market.‘
‘This law firm and its lawyers are outstanding colleagues and professionals. However, its performance does not mean only providing legal services, as its approach towards clients is both hands on and technically excellent.‘
‘Branislav Živković and Igor Živkovski have excellent analytical skills and are able to make sense of a large volume of information. They are very creative and always think of reasonable solutions when problems and unique situations arise. They have very good negotiation skills and good arguments.‘
‘Igor Živkovski is an exceptionally talented lawyer and someone that clients can always rely on for both everyday legal issues and complex transactions. He is always very pragmatic and goal oriented.‘
‘Igor Živkovski is extremely professional, always available and replies quickly to questions.‘
Titan Cementara Kosjerić
Cimos – TCH Group
South Central Ventures
Prva Televizija doo Beograd
B92 ad Beograd
- Advised South Central Ventures on its investment in LeanPay, a consumer financing fintech startup.
- Advised Pivka perutninarstvo dd, a Slovenia-based joint stock company, on both a debt-to-equity swap and minority shareholder buyout.
- Acted for Antenna Group, an international media and entertainment organisation, on the €180m sale of its media operations in Serbia and Montenegro to Kopernikus Corporation.