Commercial, corporate and M&A in Portugal
One of the most active legal advisors in the Iberian market, Cuatrecasas Portugal handles a steady flow of corporate and M&A matters, with a proven track record in high-value infrastructure and private equity transactions. Share and asset deals involving the energy and real estate sectors are also core areas of activity for the commercial, corporate and M&A team, which benefits from a close relationship with the firm's international network of offices. Department head Mariana Norton dos Reis focuses on cross-border M&A and private equity deals, having led advice on major transactions in the energy, retail and financial services sectors. João Mattamouros Resende is qualified to practice in five jurisdictions, and is the name to note for mandates involving Brazil, Germany, the UK and the US. Corporate restructuring and M&A in the energy sector are among Francisco Santos Costa's specialisms.
Mariana Norton dos Reis
Other key lawyers:
Francisco Santos Costa; Vasco Bivar de Azevedo; João Mattamouros Resende
‘They master the business and legal cultures both in Portugal and Spain, which makes them a highly valuable legal team for companies operating at an Iberian level.’
‘I really appreciate Mariana Norton’s calm approach to transactions and her very good negotiation skills. She is very fast in understanding the deal’s drivers and proposing solutions that accommodate the parties’ interests.’
‘The team led by Mariana Norton has exceeded our expectations. Their previous experience in infrastructure projects and their deep knowledge of all the stakeholders involved in a project like the one in which we worked together makes Cuatrecasas stand out in comparison to other competitors. Besides, all the team spoke Spanish which, for us was an upside in terms of communication.’
‘A proactive office in which most lawyers have a commercial understanding of the client’s business.’
‘The Cuatrecasas team provided comprehensive, but also practical, legal advice. Their English and communication style was impeccable. ’
‘Mariana Norton Dos Reis is both an excellent lawyer and trusted advisor. Her calm manner and practical advice was invaluable. Francisco Santos Costa did an excellent job managing a complicated transaction. He was always available and guided us through many challenges to find a path forward.’
‘Cuatrecasas provides legal advice at all levels, in Portugal and Spain. Cuatrecasas distinguishes itself positively from other firms in the national legal market at various levels, but mainly with regard to the technical knowledge and creativity of its lawyers in solving problems and the vast Iberian experience to which they have access through their bases database and knowledge management department – there is no situation that is unprecedented. Whether in Portugal, Spain or Chile, there is always a lawyer who has had similar experience and who can help you find a solution that the local team can then adapt to the jurisdiction in question.’
‘João Mattamouros Resende has technical knowledge of the highest level and practical know-how derived from his vast experience in the Corporate and M&A sector, which more than once contributed to problem solving and unlocking of deadlocks.’
Deka Immobilien Investments
Exus Management Partners
HI Partners (HIP)
- Advising French energy company Engie, as the leader of a consortium including Crédit Agricole Assurances and Mirova, on the acquisition from EDP of a 1.7GW hydroelectric portfolio of six hydro plants.
- Assisting Partners Group in the auction sale process for the acquisition of Rovensa, a market leader group in the agrochemical industry in Portugal and Spain.
- Advising Novo Banco on the sale of GNB Vida to Bankers Insurance Holdings (APAX Partners) for a consideration subject to adjustment of up to €248m.
With a particular focus on cross-border transactions, the corporate team at Linklaters has a strong background in big-ticket M&A deals in Portugal across several sectors. The firm is a popular choice among international funds, but also leads advice to leading Portuguese and foreign corporations active in regulated industries in the full range of corporate and M&A mandates. The department's portfolio also includes private equity divestments and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations. Leading the team is Marcos de Sousa Monteiro, who often handles transactions involving Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa. Diogo Plantier Santos is a name to note for real estate deals.
Marcos Sousa Monteiro
Other key lawyers:
Diogo Plantier Santos; Mariana Serra Baptista
Cerberus Global Investments B.V.
KKR Credit Advisors
China Three Gorges (Europe), S.A.
ROADIS Transportation Holding, SL
Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Inc
Novo Banco, S.A.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance
Permira Asesores, S.L.U.
ECS – Sociedade de Capital de Risco, S.A.
Luz Saúde, S.A.
Magnum Industrial Partners
Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co. Ltd.
Lincoln Top Pte Ltd
- Advised Morgan Stanley Infrastructure on its acquisition of 49.99% of Altice’s wholesale fibre operation in Portugal.
- Advised Cerberus on the acquisition of a portfolio of REOs located in Portugal and a portfolio of NPLs from Novo Banco, with a total book value of approximately €800m (Project Sertorius).
- Acted for KKR Credit Advisors, the sellers, on the acquisition by MASMOVIL IBERCOM and GAEA INVERSIÓN of joint control of Cabonitel and, indirectly, of the subsidiaries directly or indirectly owned by Cabonitel, from Cabolink.
Morais Leitão, Galvão Teles, Soares da Silva & Associados has secured its position among the leading players in the Portuguese legal market through its consistent involvement in high-profile and cross-border M&A transactions. The firm handles the gamut of commercial, corporate and M&A deals, assembling tailor-made teams composed of multi-jurisdictional lawyers and process management specialists that frequently resort to AI tools to provide a more efficient and transparent method of running legal transactions. The department has been particularly active advising on deals in the energy and natural resources, banking and insurance sectors, but also demonstrates broad capabilities in telecoms, IT and more recently sports, with a special emphasis on mandates pertaining to international transfers of players. Private equity expert Tomás Vaz Pinto jointly oversees the practice with Ricardo Andrade Amaro, who specialises in M&A, securities and energy law. Other key individuals include Carlos Osório de Castro, Eduardo Paulino, who has a strong background in capital markets, and private equity and venture capital expert Luís Roquette Geraldes.
Tomás Vaz Pinto; Ricardo Andrade Amaro
Other key lawyers:
Eduardo Paulino; Luís Roquette Geraldes; Carlos Osório de Castro; Nuno Galvão Teles; João Alfredo Afonso; Margarida Torres Gama; Diana Ribeiro Duarte
‘Global and transversal support; extraordinary legal and sector knowledge, great ability to search for solutions.’
‘Eduardo Paulino stands out for his knowledge, negotiation skills, global vision. Margarida Torres Gama is knowledgeable and dedicated.’
‘We have worked intensively with Morais over the past year and are very pleased with the collaboration: every team member is very knowledgeable, able to explain complex legal cases and also very approachable. The dedication that the team has shown is admirable and this is reflected in the high quality of work which was always delivered on time. ’
‘Their analyses are all very spot on and the quality of their work is fantastic. Tomás Vaz Pinto is a strong lawyer, practical and very client focused. He managed to lead his team in a very difficult moment (COVID-19) and under prolonged time pressures. Diana Ribeiro Duarte is an extremely talented young professional. She is a rising star. She is always on point and delivers always on time.’
‘Partner Ricardo Andrade Amaro is our trusted pilot steering us through high seas and the person to turn to when the going gets rough.’
‘In addition to the general qualities of the law firm, I mention João Alfredo Afonso, for his excellent technical and strategic knowledge.’
‘I would highlight the team’s market knowledge, proximity to the client, delivery capacity, availability, response time and quality of work. Ricardo Andrade Amaro and Diana Ribeiro Duarte are recommended.’
‘We were very impressed with Tomás and his team. It was a very challenging transaction over an extended period. Deadlines were always tight, we were demanding and they outperformed – even during COVID lockdown. They were always available, responsive to emails and calls – and always professional. We were especially impressed with the quality of English used in the reports.’
- Advising a consortium (APG Asset Management, the National Pension Service of the Republic of Korea and Swiss Life Asset Managers) in the acquisition of an 81.1% majority interest in Brisa – Auto-Estradas de Portugal.
- Acted as lead counsel in the sale by EDP, the largest utility in Portugal, of the Douro International power plants (three run-of-river dams and three pumping storage dams) to a consortium.
- Legal advisers to Assicurazioni Generali as bidder in the auction process for the purchase of Seguradoras Unidas and AdvanceCare.
PLMJ fields a well-established corporate and M&A practice handling large-scale transactions across a range of industry sectors. With significant experience in cross-border mandates, the team counts some of the leading players in the energy, telecoms, banking and infrastructure sectors among its clients. In addition to handling a broad range of asset and share deals, the team is also well versed in non-transactional corporate matters. Private equity deals and privatisations are notable areas of practice for renowned M&A partner Diogo Perestrelo. He jointly leads the team with Duarte Schmidt Lino, who is experienced in venture capital and corporate governance matters. Filipe Avides Moreira is another individual to note for M&A and corporate restructuring.
Diogo Perestrelo; Duarte Schmidt Lino
Other key lawyers:
Luís Sáragga Leal; Bárbara Godinho Correia; Filipe Avides Moreira
‘They provide reliable and timely advice whenever needed.’
‘Availability, friendliness and efficiency.’
‘Reputation, track record, advice oriented to the client’s business, availability and competitive fees.’
‘Filipe Avides Moreira was not only a very capable partner in managing deal structures and general deal organisation but also had an unusually high level of availability and dedication to the client.’
‘Diogo Perestrelo stands out.’
‘The will to strongly reduce written work iterations through multiple in-person or phone contacts to discuss a broad range of matters (from structure to details).’
Azul Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras
- Advising DGN on the sale of its stake in TAP for €55m to the Portuguese state.
- Advising ABB on a joint venture with Hitachi valued at $11bn enterprise value and $6.4bn acquisition price.
- Advising Turyleader (Oxy Capital) on the sale of Prifalésia, owner of the five-star hotel/resort The Lake Resort, located in the Algarve.
Uría Menéndez – Proença Carvalho continues to consolidate its leading position in the M&A market, showcasing a strong track record in high-value multi-jurisdictional transactions. The department recently strengthened its experience in regulated sectors, having predominantly been retained by clients operating in the telecoms, media, energy and real estate sectors. Co-head Catarina Tavares Loureiro acts for private and listed companies in high-profile M&A. Another key practitioner in the team is recently promoted Joana Torres Ereio, who is proficient in commercial agreements, private equity and venture capital. With in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical sector, Francisco Brito e Abreu specialises in private equity and M&A deals, while Carlos Costa Andrade combines cross-practice expertise in capital markets, finance and corporate governance.
Duarte Garin; Antonio Villacampa; Francisco Brito e Abreu; Carlos Costa Andrade; Pedro Ferreira Malaquias; Francisco da Cunha Ferreira; Catarina Tavares Loureiro; Rita Xavier de Brito; Joana Torres Ereio
Other key lawyers:
‘Uría is our choice whenever we need a scalpel rather than an axe in a transaction. The team is massively knowledgeable, deeply committed and extremely cunning in negotiations.’
‘Catarina Tavares Loureiro is the one person we trust whenever complexity of a transaction reaches an overwhelming point.’
‘Francisco da Cunha Ferreira and Rita Xavier de Brito are well experienced partners and with deep acumen in their field of expertise.’
‘The team is very approachable, knows the market, has a great reputation and the expertise to support clients in difficult negotiations. They are practical and very clear in their advice as well as very good technically. ’
‘Joana Torres Ereio has extensive experience in corporate law and M&A and great communication skills.’
MEO – Serviços de Comunicações e Multimédia, S.A.
Cofina, SGPS, S.A.
DWS Grundbesitz Gmbh
Multi Development Corporation
Capital Criativo – SCR, S.A
Nutreco Nederland, B.V.
Allianz Real Estate
Elo Mutual Pension Insurance Company
- Advised Altice on the €4.63bn (equity partnership) joint venture with Morgan Stanley Infrastructure regarding the fibre business held by Altice in Portugal.
- Assisted Allianz and Elo Mutual Pension Insurance Company in the creation, together with Sonae Sierra and APG, of a new strategic joint venture which holds a stake in six flagship Iberian shopping centres.
- Advised Cofina on the acquisition of Grupo Media Capital through a share purchase agreement entered into with Promotora de Informaciones and the launch of a public tender offer.
VdA has one of the leading M&A, corporate and governance teams in the country. Testament to its standing in the market is its involvement in numerous landmark deals, ranging from share and asset transactions to privatisations and corporate reorganisations. The firm acts for multinational corporations, private equity firms, listed companies, domestic financial institutions and companies operating in a range of highly regulated sectors, with a particular focus on energy, telecoms, infrastructure and education. Jorge Bleck, whose notable areas of practice include private equity and joint ventures, leads on M&A mandates, while Paulo Olavo Cunha oversees the corporate and governance group. With a strong background in finance and energy law, Claudia Cruz Almeida participated in several of the big-ticket transactions recently handled by the firm. Other core team members include managing partner João Vieira de Almeida and private equity and venture capital specialist Helena Vaz Pinto. Sofia Bobone stands out for her impressive international experience. In firm-wide developments, in 2021 the firm joined SDG Ambition, the UN programme aimed at integrating the sustainable development goals into business management.
Jorge Bleck; Paulo Olavo Cunha
Other key lawyers:
João Vieira de Almeida; Cláudia Cruz Almeida; Helena Vaz Pinto; Paulo Trindade Costa; António Mendes de Almeida; Sofia Bobone
José de Mello Capital, S.A.
Cellnex Telecom, S.A.
Novabase SGPS, S.A.
First State Investments
Toyota Motor Europe
Sonagi SGPS, S.A.
GHO Capital Partners LLP
Caixa Geral de Depósitos, S.A.
Plainwater, SGPS, S.A.
Porsche Holdings GmbH
Certares Management LLC
Stirling Square Capital Partners Second Fund (Advisers) LLP
- Advised the José de Mello Group, majority shareholder of Brisa Auto-Estradas de Portugal, on the joint sale of two blocks of shares representing a total of 81.1% of Brisa’s voting rights, together with Arcus European Infrastructure Fund 1 LP.
- Assisted Porsche Holdings on the acquisition of SAG’s automobile business, through the acquisition of its subsidiaries.
- Advised Cellnex on the purchase of Omtel through the acquisition of the 25% equity stake of PT Portugal, a wholly owned subsidiary of Altice Europe, and the 75% equity stake of Belmont Infra Investments.
Abreu Advogados is particularly engaged in cross-border M&A transactions involving Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa, notably Angola and Mozambique. It acts for clients from a variety of industry sectors, including real estate, energy and banking, in a range of corporate matters, such as private equity deals, privatisations, commercial agreements, acquisitions and disposals. The team is under the leadership of three partners: Ana Sofia Batista, who leads on private equity; M&A expert José Maria Corrêa de Sampaio; and Manuel Santos Vítor, who is often involved in energy-related matters. Maria Santa Martha joined the firm in October 2020, and Teresa Anselmo Vaz joined in May 2021.
Ana Sofia Batista; José Maria Corrêa de Sampaio; Manuel Santos Vítor
Other key lawyers:
Marta Romano de Castro; Hugo Teixeira; Teresa Anselmo Vaz
‘The firm is very responsive and translates international standards to local solutions.’
‘Partner José Maria Corrêa de Sampaio has a lot of M&A experience and provides an excellent follow-up service to clients.’
‘Hugo Teixeira is very hands-on and solution-oriented: a true deal maker.’
‘The team in Abreu was highly dedicated to the project we were working on. The level of service, follow-up and legal advice was of high class. We encountered several very difficult legal problems, but we received strong and clear legal advice. Manuel Santos Vítor was simply outstanding in assisting us on any matter with the help of their team. ’
‘Manuel Santos Vítor is the guy you want to bring to the negotiation table. He is highly experienced, solution oriented and with great ability to focus on the big picture. We always got the best service with great advice in a timely fashion.’
Caixa Geral de Depósitos
Matériels Industriels de Sécurités – Matisec
Greenyard Fresh NV
- Assistance to Statkraft in the intended acquisition of a portfolio of hydro assets through the acquisition of a SPV vehicle of the EDP Group.
- Advised FREY on the acquisition of Algarve Shopping & Albufeira Retail Park, one of the main shopping centres in the Algarve region.
- Represented Biosurfit in a co-investment capital investment operation involving Swedish company Boule Diagnostics and the Co-investment Fund.
Campos Ferreira, Sá Carneiro & Associados
Campos Ferreira, Sá Carneiro & Associados attracts instructions from domestic and international corporate clients, private equity and venture capital firms, which seek guidance in relation to share and asset deals in regulated sectors. The department has extensive experience in acting on the buyer and seller side in M&A transactions; other areas of activity include joint ventures and corporate restructuring.
With access to the firm's global network, the corporate and commercial team at CMS is extremely active in complex cross-border transactions. The team is adept at handling M&A and corporate law matters across a range of industries, with a particular emphasis on the energy and real estate sectors. Typical mandates also include advising private equity players on their investments in the Portuguese market. M&A, corporate restructuring, joint ventures and corporate finance are all notable areas of practice for co-head João Caldeira. Fellow co-leader Francisco Xavier de Almeida assists domestic listed companies and multinationals on inbound and outbound transactions.
João Caldeira; Francisco Xavier de Almeida
Other key lawyers:
Margarida Vila Franca; Tiago Valente de Oliveira
Amorim Luxury Group
Vinci Energies, S.A.
Crest Capital Partners
UBS Asset Management
- Advising Amorim Luxury Group in the acquisition of the tourism real estate assets owned by Herdade da Comporta Real Estate Fund.
- Assisted VINCI Energies with the acquisition of 100% of Novabase Digital.
- Advised UBS Asset Management on the acquisition of 100% of Energyco II and its subsidiaries, notably Gascan, a relevant Portuguese market player in the distribution and supply of piped liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
Corporate and M&A is a core area of practice at DLA Piper ABBC, which stands out for its expertise in private equity matters and divestments. The team has recently been engaged in several big-ticket M&A deals that took place in the financial and energy sectors in Portugal; its sector expertise also extends to the real estate, pharmaceutical and transport industries. Head of department Nuno Azevedo Neves is a key point of contact for international corporations and funds seeking support in multi-jurisdictional transactions. João Costa Quinta is the name to note for private equity deals.
Nuno Azevedo Neves; João Costa Quinta
Other key lawyers:
Rita Costa Carvalho; Nuno Castelo Branco
‘Deep knowledge of the sector and legal technical wisdom.’
‘Complete availability and extensive experience.’
‘DLA Piper is our first choice in terms of legal services in Portugal due to the availability of its professionals and the vast experience they have in virtually all legal areas. The use of internal expertise to resolve current issues is a valuable and differentiating element.’
‘João Costa Quinta, Rita Costa Carvalho and Nuno Castelo Branco, are lawyers specializing in mergers and acquisitions. The active role they take not only in the production of documents but also in the negotiation phases and in the design of the acquisition and sale operations makes them absolutely certain choices when we seek advice in these processes. The availability of the three is another critical factor.’
C2 Capital Partners
- Advising Armilar in the first round of investment in Vawlt Technologies, which is a spin-off from the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon.
- Assisting COPORGEST – Companhia Portuguesa de Gestão e Desenvolvimento Imobiliário on the incorporation of a private equity fund.
- Providing legal assistance to Grupo Bernardino Gomes within the context of an M&A project comprising the disposal of a majority shareholding in the share capital of several Portuguese companies operating in the hospitality and leisure sector with the brand Real Hotels.
Gómez-Acebo & Pombo
With extensive experience in regulated sectors, Gómez-Acebo & Pombo is predominantly engaged by multinational companies and international funds in relation to the gamut of corporate law and M&A matters. On the transactional front, the team is equipped to assist with asset and share deals, corporate reorganisations, and private equity and venture capital investments. The team also counts joint ventures and commercial contracts among its areas of expertise. Mafalda Barreto specialises in M&A, finance and restructuring in the energy, telecoms and infrastructure sectors. Miguel de Avillez Pereira is often involved in corporate and commercial mandates involving Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa, namely Angola and Mozambique.
Mafalda Barreto; Miguel de Avillez Pereira
Other key lawyers:
Susana Morgado; Luísa Carrilho da Graça
‘The team stands out for its incredible availability and practical solutions.’
Cubico Sustainable Investments
Taisho Pharmaceutical Holdings Co.
Towa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
Indigo Vision PLC
- Advised Grupo Prisa in the negotiation of the sale of the stake held in Grupo Media Capital to the Portuguese company COFINA.
- Assisted Towa Pharmaceutical in the acquisition of Pensa Investments, the generics division of the Spanish pharmaceutical company ESTEVE.
- Advised IndigoVision in the acquisition of 100% of the issued share capital of Agorasys.
Garrigues manages a busy workload, with a significant proportion of its deals involving cross-border elements and private equity firms. The latter is a key specialism for Mário Lino Dias, who also demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the insurance and renewable energy sectors. Private equity and venture capital deals are among Tomás Pessanha's typical instructions; he is a key individual in the Porto office, who regularly handles high-profile M&A in Portugal and abroad. Susana Pimenta de Sousa and Manuel Liberal Jerónimo are also extremely active in corporate law and transactional matters. In order to provide quicker feedback to current and prospective clients, and manage any conflicts more efficiently, the firm has developed an app in-house called GarriguesWork.
Diogo Leónidas Rocha; Mário Lino Dias; Susana Pimenta de Sousa; Marta da Graça Rodrigues; Tomás Pessanha
Other key lawyers:
Manuel Liberal Jerónimo
‘Very experienced team with an extensive track record in renewable energy and outstanding network in local market. Excellent performance.’
‘Mário Lino Dias is a very experienced partner and a compelling negotiator.’
‘Garrigues provides an excellent level of service, with a very close monitoring of the client. The partner Tomás Pessanha, with whom we have worked for about 15 years, is a magnificent lawyer. In addition to a high legal knowledge, he has a totally client-oriented approach.’
‘Technical capacity of the team; commitment to resolve issues; empathy with clients; constant availability.’
‘As a law firm, there is also the advantage of multidisciplinary teams that complement the specialised capabilities of each department, with the quality seal inherent to Garrigues.’
‘ I particularly recommend the partner Marta Graça Rodrigues for her experience in M&A.’
‘Tomás Pessanha and Manuel Liberal Jerónimo are strong negotiators in M&A transactions.’
‘I have always found incredibly easy to deal with Susana Pimenta Sousa. She was always very responsive, objective, flexible, and took the time to understand our specific needs instead of trying to impose ready-made answers. Her taking the time to get to know us, our culture and our business made her invaluable.’
Allianz Capital Partners
Atena Capital Partners
Banco Santander Totta
Crest Capital Partners
Delta Cafés Group
Galro Resort Hotels
JP Morgan Asset Management
MCH Private Equity
The Cibus Fund
ToscaFund Asset Management
Vallis Capital Partners
- Advising the shareholders of Frulact on the sale of 100% share capital of Frulact – Sociedade Gestora de Participações Sociais and its subsidiaries to a fund managed by Ardian.
- Assisting The Cibus Fund in the acquisition of 100% share capital of the Portuguese subsidiaries of Hall Hunter Partnership.
- Acting for Banco Santander Totta in the sale of a 50.01% stake in the share capital of Popular Seguros, to Mapfre, and setting up a new joint venture in the non-life insurance market and an exclusive bancassurance partnership.
With in-depth knowledge of corporate law, SLCM | Serra Lopes, Cortes Martins & Associados handles domestic and cross-border M&A transactions. The team has built a strong reputation in the consumer goods industry, and has recently strengthened its expertise in the energy and pharmaceuticals industries. Luis Miguel Cortes Martins offers a blend of local and international expertise, focusing on M&A and privatisations. Rafael Lucas Pires is noted for his experience in high-value inbound and outbound transactions, while Martim Anahory specialises in corporate governance and commercial contracts. Alexandra Martins is another name to note.
Luis Miguel Cortes Martins; Rafael Lucas Pires; Martim Anahory
Other key lawyers:
‘The lawyers demonstrate thorough knowledge of client’s matters, coming up with practical solutions to solve problems.’
‘The following lawyers stand out: Luís Cortes Martins, Rafael Lucas Pires and Alexandra Martins.’
‘Alexandra Martins is knowledgeable of the clients’ reality.’
Sociedade Central de Cervejas
Banco Comercial Português, S.A.
China Three Gorges
Novo Banco, S.A.
Grupo Jose de Mello
José de Mello Saúde
Germano de Sousa
- Advised SAGIES (a company operating in the area of safety, hygiene and health at work) in the acquisition of Medicil and Inogrup (CNM – Centro Nacional de Medicina do Trabalho).
- Assisted Fundo de capital de Risco Novo Banco Capital Growth in the sale of the holding company of Monte do Pasto Group to CESL Asia.
- Advised SCC (the Portuguese subsidiary of the Heineken Group) in the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of Mineraqua.
SRS Advogados fields a sizeable practice that is a go-to destination for TMT clients seeking assistance in corporate, commercial, M&A and regulatory matters. In addition to advising buyers and sellers in technology M&A transactions, the team also excels in private equity and venture capital investments and energy-related deals. Octávio Castelo Paulo is a key point of contact for energy and TMT clients. He co-heads the department, which has broad cross-border capabilities, demonstrating extensive experience in transactions involving African jurisdictions. Gustavo Ordonhas Oliveira and Alexandra Valente are noteworthy for private equity transactions, joint ventures and privatisations. Paulo Bandeira oversees a group focused on the setting up and development of start-ups. The firm recently welcomed a team of M&A specialists, including Gabriela Rodrigues Martins and Dulce Franco, following its merger with law firm AAA Advogados.
Octávio Castelo Paulo; William Smithson
Other key lawyers:
Gustavo Ordonhas Oliveira; Alexandra Valente; Paulo Bandeira
‘Their knowledge in the required topics and availability to present adequate and executable alternatives provides security that all issues are handled properly and professionally. Experience in complex private equity transactions. ’
‘Gustavo Ordonhas Oliveira has a good understanding of the balance between the legal provisions and deal objectives. Furthermore, he has extensive international transactional experience which makes him a leading private equity lawyer in Portugal.’
‘They are competent and especially go to unusual lengths to help clients in their key issues. SRS went beyond what would be expected and was critical to establish the legal platform on the basis that on which our firm expanded its business.’
‘I would wish to give a special mention to Gustavo Ordonhas Oliveiras. Besides being a very competent lawyer, he is a true gentleman with the highest values.’
‘Deep knowledge of the topics.’
‘Honesty, transparency and availability’
‘Gustavo Ordonhas Oliveira is the partner we have worked with the most, and he has several distinctive qualities: 1) high availability and flexibility in communication; 2) good support team on different analysis needed, including subjects outside M&A; 3) high interpersonal skills in communications with counterparts and all members of the client team, from partners to junior members; 4) good attention to detail; 5) strong capabilities of converting difficult commercial structures into contracts.’
Índico Capital Partners
Joaquim Chaves Saúde
Respol – Resinas, S.A.
J.P. Sá Couto, S.A.
PME Investimentos – Sociedade de Investimento, S.A.
IFD – Instituição Financeira de Desenvolvimento, S.A.
- Assisted Cellnex Telecom in relation to the acquisition of OMTEL (Portuguese telecom tower company) from Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners and from Altice Group.
- Advising Parpública and the Portuguese government on the privatisation of Efacec.
- Advising Finançor, as purchaser, on the acquisition of a retail (supermarkets) group in the Azores islands.
Caiado Guerreiro offers legal support to clients from a range of sectors, including transport, telecoms, energy and construction, in relation to their inbound and outbound investments. The team is equipped to handle acquisitions, sales, mergers and joint ventures, and also advises on efficient tax structures. In addition to transactional work, the team provides daily assistance to clients in corporate, commercial, regulatory and compliance issues. João Caiado Guerreiro jointly leads the practice with Ricardo Rodrigues Lopes, who is proficient in corporate restructuring and M&A transactions.
João Caiado Guerreiro; Ricardo Rodrigues Lopes
Other key lawyers:
Jorge Ribeiro Mendonça
‘The team understands clients’ business and solves problems efficiently.’
‘Caiado Guerreiro offers excellent quality services that distinguishes it in the market.’
‘Ricardo Lopes has an admirable set of qualities, including competence, comprehensive knowledge, effectiveness, availability, flexibility, and a collaborative posture. The availability of the founding partner, João Caiado Guerreiro, to give his opinion and monitor some critical issues, contributing expertise and experience, is a great asset.’
‘Quick response, great client service, permanent availability. Ricardo Lopes is recommended.’
‘You always feel like you are in safe hands and that they are on top of everything.’
‘Ricardo Rodrigues Lopes is super responsive, very bright, and pragmatic when he needs to be. I really can’t say enough good things about Ricardo.’
Bankinter Gestão de Ativos, S.A
Breugma-Sociedade de Gestão e Empreendimentos Imobiliários, S.A
Inventum Beheer, B.V.
- Assisted Olympus in the incorporation of a new subsidiary in Portugal and the preparation of a demerger-merger operation of the Portuguese group companies.
- Assisting Bankinter Gestão de Ativos on its cross-border merger with Bankinter Gestão de Ativos, SGICC, Sociedad Unipersonal (incorporating entity).
- Assisting GFI Informatique in the acquisition process of I2S, a Portuguese group acting in the insurance information technology sector.
Working closely with the banking, capital markets and competition practices, the corporate, commercial and M&A team at FCB Advogados is skilled at advising on the negotiation of all types of contracts and commercial agreements, mergers, acquisitions and divestments as well as private equity deals. Other areas of activity include corporate reorganisations and structuring of joint ventures. Rodrigo Almeida Dias has significant experience in the real estate and TMT sectors. Pedro Guimaraes is often involved in multi-jurisdictional matters.
Rodrigo Almeida Dias; Pedro Guimarães
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm stands out for the service fully adapted to the needs of the client.’
‘Pedro Guimarães and his team are extremely responsive and provide concise and clear advice. They are knowledgeable and don’t waste time on irrelevant aspects of a transaction, having the ability to identify the key issues and solve problems. They do this in a positive non-aggressive manner that gets the deal done. Their communication skills are a huge benefit when acting for large US clients who can be demanding. ’
‘Focused on the client, acting in permanent alignment with their priorities.’
‘João Couceiro is available and committed.’
‘ I would recommend Rodrigo Almeida for the quality of services he provides.’
‘Great work capacity, very good knowledge of subjects and dedicated to the client.’
‘Knowledge of the client’s business and practical solutions.’
Generali Real Estate
- Advising Generali Real Estate on the acquisition of 100% of the shares of a Portuguese company owning Office Oriente, an office complex located in Expo, Lisbon.
- Assisted Selina, an internationally renowned brand in the hospitality sector, with the incorporation of several Selina Portuguese subsidiaries.
- Assisted Culligan International in the acquisition of 100% of the shares of a Portuguese company in the sector of water coolers and dispensers (office and home).
The young but highly experienced corporate and M&A practice at RRP Advogados advises international and domestic companies on public and private M&A transactions, corporate restructuring, privatisations and governance matters. The team also provides day-to-day corporate assistance to core clients, and works alongside the financial department to assist private equity firms. Rodrigo Falcão Nogueira is a name to note for private equity deals, and is also proficient in cross-border M&A transactions. He receives key support from Manuel Cordeiro Ferreira, who is often engaged by companies from the telecoms, construction, healthcare and financial services sectors.
Rodrigo Falcão Nogueira
Other key lawyers:
Manuel Cordeiro Ferreira; Joana Varela; Jacinta Amorim Vieira
Miya Water Group
Tapeçarias Ferreira de Sá
The Data Scientists
Administradora de Archivos
- Advised Mitiska REIM on the acquisition from Blackstone of a portfolio of companies that operate in the retail sector in Portugal.
- Advised Tapeçarias Ferreira de Sá and its private shareholders on its sale to an SPV managed by Sherpa Capital, the Spanish private equity house.
- Advised Abanca on the potential acquisition of a majority shareholding in EuroBic.
With extensive experience acting for private and public sector clients, Sérvulo & Associados provides assistance in M&A deals, joint ventures, cross-border restructurings and an array of corporate law matters. Besides M&A transactions, Sofia Carreiro is seasoned in joint ventures and commercial contracts, such as agency or distribution agreements. Teresa Anselmo Vaz left the firm in May 2021.
Other key lawyers:
Pedro José Alvim
‘Capacity to promptly respond with high-quality advice. The team provides sound and robust legal advice together with practical solutions.’
‘It is a dedicated team, with a strong commitment to trying to understand, prior to the transaction, what the client’s objectives are. They have solid technical knowledge, explaining in detail all the possible options throughout the deal, and indicating the best possible framework for the intended operation. All documents delivered are previously reviewed by the respective partners, thus ensuring that they are produced with high accuracy and without errors.’
‘Sofia Carreiro has an absolute technical mastery and is committed to finding solutions in order to ensure the successful closure of transactions.’
‘The team was always available for clarifications and constant review of the documentation provided.’
‘Very client-oriented team, good communication, direct contact with the partner and team, always available to discuss matters and review documentation.’
Guang Dong Kinlong Hardware Products (HK) Co., Limited
Galp Gás Natural Distribuição
Direção-Geral do Tesouro e Finanças (DGTF)
Banca Farmafactoring, SpA
Fresenius Medical Group
NephroCare Portugal, S.A.
Key Family Holding Investimentos e Consultoria de Gestão, Lda.
Engel & Volkers
Lisbon Cruise Port
Consulmar Projectistas e Consultores Lda.
- Advised Galp Gás Natural Distribuição on the €32m acquisition of Tagusgás – Empresa de Gás do Vale do Tejo and its subsidiary Tagusgás Propano.
- Represented DGTF in the negotiation and acquisition of the shareholdings held by private investors (PT-Altice and Motorola) in the share capital of SIRESP, the company in charge of the management and operation of the Portuguese integrated system for emergency and security networks.
- Advised Kinlong on the acquisition of 100% of the shares and shareholder loans of CIFIAL, the holding company of Cifial Group, from Fundo Recuperação, FCR (ECS) and Edgespot.
In addition to assisting international and domestic clients with commercial and corporate law matters, Albuquerque & Almeida is also skilled at advising foreign buyers on M&A transactions in Portugal. The team has been particularly active in the private equity market, for which André Matias is a name to note. He is also a key point of contact for technology companies and venture capital firms. António de Mendonça Raimundo focuses on commercial contracts and corporate law, which are also core areas of activity for Paulo Almeida.
António de Mendonça Raimundo; Paulo Almeida; André Matias de Almeida
Other key lawyers:
Pedro Sousa Gonçalves
Crest Capital Partners
C2 Capital Partners
Axia Ventures Group
Indie Campers S.A.
Transportes Paulo Duarte
Factory Licensing GmbH
Global Fire Equipment
Johnson Wax Group
Hospital Cruz Vermelha
CMVM (Portuguese Stock Market Regulator)
ABB – Asea Brown Boveri
Global Fire equipment SA
- Acted for Crest Capital Partners in its €15m acquisition of the majority of the shareholdings of Queijos Tavares.
- Advised MASSIMO ZANETTI BEVERAGE GROUP in the acquisition of the Portuguese coffee producer Cafés Nandi, involving the acquisition of two subsidiaries of the group (Cafés Nandi and Multicafés).
- Advised ETE Group on the acquisition of 25% of the shareholdings of Setefrete, a port operator of the Port of Setubal.
CCA Law Firm's service offering covers commercial agreements, ongoing corporate advice and M&A transactions across several industries, including energy, insurance, technology, tourism and telecoms. The team is a go-to destination for start-ups and SMEs that seek specialised services offered by the firm's "startinnovation" group. Head of department Sara Reis assists with inbound and outbound investments, notably deals involving African jurisdictions. Domingos Cruz, whose areas of expertise include mergers and real estate transactions, is also a key contact.
Other key lawyers:
Procter & Gamble (P&G)
Havas Media Group
- Acted for AEGON Spain Holding in the acquisition of two autonomous business units as a going concern, including but not limited to certain insurance portfolios corresponding to parts of Eurovida – Companhia de Seguros Vida.
- Assisted Portuguese insurtech start-up Coverflex raising €2.5m in its first investment round, setting the record in Portugal for a pre-seed phase.
- Advised the shareholders of Flaner on the sale of the company to GCPY Holdings (Gympass).
Macedo Vitorino & Associados is equipped to advise multinational corporations, domestic companies, investment funds and private equity firms in M&A transactions. Corporate law and commercial advice is also provided by the team, which is jointly led by João de Macedo Vitorino and Susana Vieira. The practice is experienced across a variety of industries, notably energy, telecoms, real estate and retail.
João de Macedo Vitorino; Susana Vieira
‘A team of excellent and extremely professional lawyers. Their experience with international contracts has been the main reason for choosing the firm. Response time is fast and reports are easy to follow. We also value the great availability demonstrated. The commercial relationship is transparent and constructive.’
‘We have been working mainly with João Macedo Vitorino. He demonstrates great technical knowledge, creativity and experience, which allows us to be always better positioned in relation to the companies / partners with whom we negotiate.’
Solaria Energía y Medio Ambiente
Greenswan SPGS SA
Miranda & Associados provides assistance to clients from several industries, including energy, IT, real estate, life sciences and infrastructure, throughout all stages of M&A transactions. The firm recently welcomed Maria João Ribeiro Mata to the partnership; she brings a wealth of experience in domestic and cross-border transactions, corporate reorganisations and joint ventures. The corporate and M&A team, which is overseen by Diogo Xavier da Cunha, stands out for its experience in energy-related mandates.
Diogo Xavier da Cunha
Other key lawyers:
Maria João Ribeiro Mata; Catarina Santinho
‘Maria João Mata and Catarina Santinho stand out in the department.’
Glintt – Global Intelligent Technologies, S.A.
Parpública, Participações Públicas (SGPS), S.A.
Glintt – Healthcare Solutions, S.A.
- Advised Mekkin on the sale of the entire share capital of Ventos Propícios – Energia Eólica to Plenium Partners’ Portuguese subsidiary Equitix Plenium Wind 1.
- Assisted Parpública in the merger of EMEF into CP.
- Advised Glintt on the acquisition of a majority stake in HLTSYS from private investors.
The sizeable team at PRA-Raposo, Sá Miranda & Associados, Sociedade de Advogados RL focuses on corporate and commercial law, contracts, M&A and competition issues. On the transactional side, it frequently assists clients from different industries in cross-border matters involving European and Portuguese-speaking jurisdictions. Typical instructions also include advising companies on their internationalisation efforts. The team is overseen by Pedro Raposo and also includes Pedro Sá, who is the key point of contact for clients from the Porto region.
Other key lawyers:
Pedro Sá; Leila Grácio
Raposo Bernardo acts for investment banks, international funds and domestic and international companies in a range of corporate and M&A mandates. Nelson Raposo Bernardo is experienced in cross-border transactions and corporate restructuring. He jointly leads the department with Joana Andrade Correia, whose sector specialisms include the aviation, tourism, energy and pharmaceutical industries.
Nelson Raposo Bernardo; Joana Andrade Correia
‘What makes Raposo Bernardo a unique law firm is its overwhelming service capacity, its technical ability and the excellent strategic legal advice. They are able to provide sufficient general information through well-constructed and pertinent memos for our activity, putting us on the right path to what is truly important.’
‘Joana Andrade Correia is an extraordinary lawyer, always very well prepared, and has great knowledge of corporate and M&A transactions. She is always available and has our full confidence in all types of matters in this area. She fights to get the best results.’
‘We may have more than one hundred projects a year and an average of 300 hours of work per month with Raposo Bernardo, but they always get it right. I highlight two partners: Nelson Bernardo and Joana Correia. Nelson Bernardo stands out for his intelligence, legal knowledge, work capacity, availability, brilliant leadership, team spirit and international experience. Joana Correia is also a lawyer with an impressive, intelligent, safe and proactive approach; she solves all problems with an impressive precision and rigor.’
‘They are highly professional, extremely knowledgeable in the practice of international Mergers & Acquisitions, very organised, innovative and always proactive.’
‘Nelson Raposo Bernardo is a superb lawyer.. I also have to highlight another partner, Dr. Joana Andrade Correia, with the same level of professionalism and an incredible ability to reverse apparently negative situations in the client’s favour.’
‘Raposo Bernardo is sophisticated in its approach and in all the services it provides; innovative in the way it solves complex problems and a leader in defining interpretations and trends in discussions on legal matters. The team knows our business beyond the law and adapts to our needs. Lawyers provide quick responses and are proactive.’
‘I highlight two great lawyers. Nelson Raposo Bernardo is intelligent and a very perceptive leader. He is very experienced in M&A transactions, has impressive international experience and is extremely dedicated to the client. Joana Andrade Correia is always one step ahead in matters. She is very focused on solving challenges.
Split between the Lisbon and Porto offices, TELLES provides legal support to small and medium-sized companies, international corporations, public authorities, private equity and venture capital houses. The team is equipped to handle the entire life-cycle of M&A transactions, including merger control and regulatory issues. Of particular note, the department often handles M&A deals involving energy companies operating in Portugal. Carlos Lucena has a strong background in venture capital deals and corporate restructuring, while Francisco Espregueira Mendes is the name to note for private equity transactions, commercial agreements and competition law.
Carlos Lucena; Francisco Espregueira Mendes
Other key lawyers:
Miguel Carvalho; Mariana Ferreira Martins
‘The proximity to the client makes Telles the best law firm we have worked with. Its capacity is multi-disciplinary and lawyers have extensive knowledge and experience in all fields: contractual issues, negotiations, tax, international law, among others. Miguel Carvalho has great communication skills.’
‘Telles offers its clients a very diversified team covering a range of legal areas, that makes it possible to obtain answers and support from a single law firm.’
‘Francisco Espregueira Mendes is recommended for his competence, rigor, versatility, proximity and client service. Mariana Ferreira Martins also stands out for her knowledge and close monitoring of matters.’
‘Proximity to the client, accessibility and partnership spirit.’
‘Francisco Espregueira Mendes an Mariana Ferreira Martins stand out for the quality of their work, accessibility and proximity to the client.’
‘Able to handle complex issues, and come up with efficient solutions. I recommend Carlos Lucena and Miguel Carvalho.’
Fiera Capital Corporation
SUSI Energy Efficiency Fund II
Egis Road Operation Portugal, S.A.
Ferpinta Turismo, SGPS, S.A.
Super Bock Group
Vallis Capital Partners, S.A.
PEEIF – Portuguese Energy Efficiency Investment Fund – Fundo de Capital de Risco
New Edge Fund
APREN – Portuguese Renewables Association
Air Liquide Portugal
Lucios Europe BV
New Finerge SA
Photon Energy Corporate Services CZ s.r.o.
Island Renewable Energy Ltd
Winpower International Ltd
Fruits of Life Ltd
Drautex, Produtos Têxteis, Lda.
Nelson Quintas Imobiliária, S.A.
MASEPA, SGPS, S.A.
SKK – Central Distribuição para Refrigeração e Climatização, Lda
Almina Holding, S.A.
VFF – SGPS, S.A.
Clerimada – Gestão de Imóveis, S.A.
Efimóveis – Imobiliária, S.A.
Ferreira – Construção, S.A.
Cidade das Rosas, S.A.
Fashion Division, S.A.
- Assisted PLURIS INVESTMENTS in the acquisition of 30% of the share capital of Grupo Media Capital SGPS from Prisa.
- Assisted PLANALTO GROUP in the purchase of 100% of the share capital of Externato Infantil O Papião, and of the real estate property owned by the company where the school is located.
- Advising EFIMÓVEIS – IMOBILIÁRIA on a joint venture with the Grupo Urbania International.
APTS - Alves Pereira & Teixeira de Sousa, S.P., R.L. predominantly advises clients operating in a variety of industries on corporate law matters and commercial issues. João Pedro Alves Pereira oversees the team, which is also adept at handling cross-border M&A transactions, while working in association with international law firms.
João Pedro Alves Pereira
Every Day Networks
Metal Exchange Corp.
Mulberry Corp. Limited
- Assisting MYTAXI PORTUGAL UNIPESSOAL with the implementation of a new business model consisting of the offer of e-hailing taxi services at contracted pre-determined rates.
- Advising SEVEN ASSET on the transfer of shares of its Portuguese subsidiary Seven Telematics, Unipessoal.
- Assisting RENTOKIL INITIAL PORTUGAL with the approval and registration of the changes to its board of directors.
CARDIGOS assists clients throughout the entire life-cycle of transactions, demonstrating particular experience in corporate restructuring matters. The team regularly advises on the incorporation of Portuguese subsidiaries and is also well versed in M&A deals. The practice is led by Porfírio Moreira and tax expert Sofia de Sousa Caetano, who are seasoned practitioners in corporate law and reorganisations.
Sofia de Sousa Caetano; Porfírio Moreira
Other key lawyers:
Maria Almeida Fernandes
‘Cardigos has a young, dynamic and proactive team with a lot of experience in the area of M&A. What distinguishes the firm is the proximity to the client.’
‘Agility in responses and excellent knowledge of the subject.’
‘Sofia de Sousa Caetano stands out for her work capacity and experience in M&A. She is always available to respond to clients’ problems and handles pressure well.’
‘Porfírio Moreira is extremely knowledgeable.’
Clidom Energy, S.L.
Intrum Debt Finance
XpoentVanguarda Unipessoal, Lda.
- Assisted Clidom Energy in the incorporation of Clidomer, Unipessoal and its subsequent integration in the Portuguese market.
- Advised Cleerly, a company focused on the development of medical software, on the incorporation of Cleerly, Inc, Sucursal em Portugal.
- Provided legal assistance and performed all the necessary steps to implement a corporate restructuring of Intrum Group in Portugal which encompassed two mergers.
In addition to corporate law and M&A deals, CTSU - Sociedade de Advogados, S.P., R.L., S.A. has significant experience in corporate restructuring, spin-offs and the incorporation of companies across several sectors. The practice is often involved in cross-border transactions, acting in collaboration with other Deloitte Legal network firms. Mónica Moreira focuses on M&A and corporate reorganisations, while Sofia Carvalhosa's areas of specialism include the negotiation of international commercial contracts.
Mónica Moreira; Sofia Carvalhosa
Other key lawyers:
Miguel Koch Rua
‘It is a pleasure to work with this team. They demonstrate professionalism, diligence and availability at any time.’
‘Mónica Moreira stands out for her technical knowledge, availability, work capacity and collaboration with lawyers from the opposite side. CTSU has a partnership with Deloitte, which brings evident advantages.’
‘Miguel Koch Rua is one of the best lawyers I have worked with because of his professionalism, availability, and hard work.’
‘I would particularly highlight Miguel Koch Rua. He is a person with a high level of legal knowledge in various fields, especially in relation to Corporate and M&A who always acts in order to achieve success in any deal in which he intervenes and whose proximity and accessibility determines in many occasions the success of the matter.’
Gesfimo – Espírito Santo Irmãos, SGFII, S.A.
Fairjourney Biologics, S.A.
Mais Sindicato do Sector Financeiro
Sindicato dos Bancários do Centro
Sindicato dos Profissionais de Seguros de Portugal
Sindicato dos Trabalhadores da Atividade Segurados
STELIA Aerospace S.A.S.
STELIA Aerospace Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda.
Corporación Hijos de Rivera, S.L.
Geriavi Portugal, S.A.
Colep Portugal, S.A.
SPDAD – Sociedade Portuguesa De Distribuição De Artigos De Desporto, Unipessoal, LDA
Empor Spirits, S.A.
URP URBAN RENEW – Projetos Imobiliários, SICAFI S.A.
RSNDFP – SICAFI, S.A.
- Advised Deloitte Portugal on the sale of the assets held by Herdade da Comporta – Fundo Especial de Investimento Imobiliário Fechado, managed by Gesfimo, Espírito Santo Irmãos, SGFII.
- Advised Fairjourney Biologics on the acquisition of 49% of the share capital of the company by GHO Capital, a leading UK private equity fund.
- Assisted Hijos de Rivera (Estrella Galicia) in the acquisition of a relevant participation in the share capital of Fábrica de Cervejas Portuense, a mid-size craft beer maker known for its brand Nortada.
Espanha e Associados is frequently involved in restructuring matters. It also provides ongoing advice to domestic and international clients on corporate governance, compliance issues and business expansions. Practice head Rita Beirôco focuses on commercial contracts, but is also experienced in transactional work, including mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is able to advise us in all areas of law and is always available. I highlight Rita Beirôco and Mafalda Palma.’
‘Its proximity to the client is superb.’
BNP Paribas Portugal Group
Fitness Hut, SA
Hoteis Dom Carlos Group
Winsig – Soluções de Gestão, SA
Coimbralimentar – Armazenista de Produtos Alimentares, Higiene e Limpeza S.A.
I. T. H. – Sociedade de Investimentos Turísticos e Hoteleiros S.A.
PEIPEN – Produtos Alimentares, S.A.
SORIMIN – Compra E Venda De Imóveis, S.A.
IT People – Consultores, S.A.
Lusitânia – Companhia de Seguros S.A.
TCSI – Digibéria Tecnologias de Informação, S.A.
Agrosistema-Sociedade Luso-Alemã de Engenharia Agricola e Industrial, Sociedade Unipessoal, LDA
Companhia Internacional de Comércio de Ar Condicionado, Ventilação e Frio Industrial – Interfrimec, S.A.
MGRA SP RL offers ongoing advice to a diverse client roster covering corporate law, governance issues and M&A transactions. The practice is well versed in corporate reorganisations, commercial agreements and joint ventures. Key individuals include Helga Lopes Ribeiro and António Mouteira Guerreiro, who jointly co-ordinate the corporate department.
Helga Lopes Ribeiro; António Mouteira Guerreiro
Other key lawyers:
‘Great experience and knowledge has been shown when providing services.’
Dahlman Industrial Group B.V.
Alphaserve Technologies Group
Ray Allen, INC
Pollet Water Group
- Advised Dahlman Industrial Group on the sale to Porvair.
- Advised Alphaserve Technologies on the sale of the group (Portuguese subsidiary) to Eze Castle Integration.
- Assisted OTLIS in the relevant agreements for the mobility and ticketing for multi-modal transport in Lisbon (EU Mobil.T project).
NGA Advogados is engaged by clients from a wide range of industries, demonstrating particular expertise in relation to the energy, manufacturing, IT and pharmaceutical sectors. The team counts corporate restructuring, joint ventures, cross-border mergers and acquisitions among its core areas of activity. Stand-out individuals include head of department Luís Nobre Guedes and João Valbom Baptista, who are also retained by private equity and investment funds.
Luís Nobre Guedes
Other key lawyers:
João Valbom Baptista
‘It is a law firm with professionals who are always accessible and have knowledge in different areas. Luis Nobre Guedes is recommended.’
‘Competence and reliability. Ease of contacts with lawyers.’
‘We have been working very well with João Valbom Baptista.’
‘Superior professionalism, permanent availability and care in monitoring the processes of clients.’
Media Capital Group
FAI Portugal Ventures
Laboratório São José
- Assisted ALBATROSS MOUNTAIN in the sale of Laboratórios São José (€6.5m).
- Advised EUROPHARMA on the negotiation and drafting of two major contracts for the sale of medical devices and hospital equipment, such as surgical masks and ventilators, in the context of the Covid-19 crisis.
- Advised IKAROS and its shareholders on the sale of one of its Portuguese companies.
pbbr - Sociedade de Advogados RL is predominantly involved in corporate and M&A matters pertaining to the real estate sector. The team assists domestic and international clients in a range of transactions, including disposals, acquisitions, joint venture agreements and corporate restructuring. Pedro Pinto and Alexandre Jardim are retained by funds, investors and developers on a range of M&A deals involving the real estate sector.
Pedro Pinto; Alexandre Jardim
Other key lawyers:
Teresa Freire; Marco Pereira Cardoso
Signal Capital Partners
Cushman & Wakefield
Keys Asset Management
GMG – Geneva Management Group
Rockstone Real Estate
- Assisted Stone Capital in a new investment in a real estate development project.