Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International advises high-profile public and private clients on constitutional and administrative law, public procurement, concessions, public-private partnerships (PPPs) and contentious matters, including international and domestic arbitration. The team is particularly active in the infrastructure sector and on public law matters pertaining to highways, airports, railways and telecoms projects, as well as in administrative litigation, where it represents clients before public authorities, such as the National Institute for the Defense of Free Competition and the Protection of Intellectual Property (INDECOPI). The team is led by Juan Carlos Morón and Jorge Danós, with Morón recommended for administrative matters, such as interventions in regulated markets and government contracts, and Danós a key contact for constitutional law. Zita Aguilera advises on public procurement and disputes, while counsel Ana Sofía Reyna handles investments and privatisations, with a focus on the transport sector. Associate Laura Francia advises on contentious and non-contentious matters.
Public law and regulation in Peru
Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International
Juan Carlos Morón; Jorge Danós
‘I feel very confident when entrusting public law issues to Estudio Echecopar because they have professionals with a very high technical level and specialised in this matter and because they seek to understand the business/project in order to provide solutions or alternatives.’
‘Estudio Echecopar has previously worked with us with very positive results, resolving legal queries in a very short time.’
‘Jorge Danós and Juan Carlos Morón have encyclopedic knowledge of Peruvian and comparative regulation that helps us to make decisions in the Company.’
Cosco Shipping Ports Chancay Perú
Consorcio Nippon KOEI – OIST
Metro de Lima – Linea 2
Arenera La Molina
Gas Natural de Lima y Callao – Cálidda
Samsung Electronics Perú
Bolsa de Valores de Lima
Consorcio Hospitalario Lima
Uvi Tech – KAVAK
Azteca Comunicaciones Perú
- Advising Metro de Lima-Line 2 as concessionaire in relation to its succesful public bid and ongoing compliance and regulatory issues.
- Advising Cosco Shipping Ports Chancay Perú (COSCO) on sanctioning procedures and construction permits.
- Advising Consorcio Hospitalario Lima, formed by Dragados and JJC Contratistas Generales, with regards to the execution of the contract for the design, construction and acquisition of equipment for the National Police’s Hospital.
The public law practice group at Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano Abogados is led by Carlos Carpio and Verónica Sattler and is well known in the market for advising national and international clients on public law issues relating to infrastructure projects. Key areas of expertise include compliance, public procurement and administrative procedures before all authority levels, including ministries, municipalities, regional governments and other governmental bodies. Carpio is recommended for disputes - including arbitration - public bidding processes and lands rights issues, while Sattler is a name to note for regulatory matters. Hugo Silva, another key practitioner, handles government contracting and public procurement processes, with a focus on the construction sector. Alejandro Manayalle advises multinational companies on bids and tenders for infrastructure and energy concessions, and PPPs, while Diana Briones deals with regulatory matters and arbitration. Counsel Augusto Effio offers strong expertise in public procurement by virtue of his stint at the Supervising Agency for Public Procurement (OSCE).
Carlos Carpio; Verónica Sattler
‘Undoubtedly, they belong to the top lawyers in the country for Project Finance issues. They add value to both the banks and the client.’
‘All the lawyers in the firm that I have worked with are very helpful and attentive to help.’
‘The team has extensive experience in advising on the analysis of public contractual documentation and the risks associated with it, assistance with administrations and public and private organisations, and advice on specific regulations in regulated sectors and concession assets.’
‘The members of the team share a business vision focused on excellence in advice and the success of their clients’ operations, which make this practice unique.’
‘The partners of this firm are proactively involved in matters, offering their knowledge and experience and, therefore, providing confidence for the client and quality in their advice.’
‘Verónica Sattler: Verónica’s work in each of the operations in which she has advised us has been characterised by her knowledge of the sector, her high professional commitment and her personal closeness. We value Verónica’s absolute availability and the quality of the services she provides. We’ve also had the opportunity to work with Fernando Molina, who quickly and accurately resolved the issues raised during the process.’
Sade Compagnie Generale De Travaux D’hidraulique
Plm Inversiones Inmobiliarias
Inversiones La Maddalena
Servicios Maritimos & Terrestres
Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
Lima Airport Partners
Anglo American Quellaveco
Consorcio Constructor M2 Lima
Apm Terminals Callao
Aeropuertos Andinos Del Perú
Teleférico De Huchuy Qosco
Transmisora Eléctrica Del Sur 4
Southern Peru Copper Corporation
Rutas De Lima
Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde
- Providing permanent legal advice to Entel Peru on matters related to public procurement processes and regulations related to the provision of telecoms services.
- Advised Microsoft on the performance of novel contracts executed by the Peruvian Tax Authority (SUNAT) to digitalise the entity’s electronic invoices and receipts.
- Providing legal advice to ABB on matters relating to administrative regulations, as well as permanent advice on matters related to public procurement processes and regulations.
CMS Grau is particularly strong in administrative and regulatory matters pertaining to heavily regulated industries, such as telecoms, electricity, and oil and gas, and the team acts for both public and private entities. Ramon Huapaya heads the practice, bringing considerable experience in the regulation of public services, concessions and contracts, with a focus on the infrastructure sector; he also deals with disputes arising from government contracts, administrative procedures and arbitration. Nestor Shimabukuro, who was promoted to partner in April 2022, stands out for his work on PPPs, regulatory matters and the representation of clients in administrative procedures before government agencies, such as INDECOPI, the Agency for Environmental Assessment and Control (OEFA) and the Agency Supervisor of Investment in Energy and Mining (OSINERGMIN). Senior associate Oscar Alejos also advises on contentious matters, as well as offering notable expertise in public procurement.
‘Estudio Grau with Ramón Huapaya and Néstor Shimabukuro are an important team that offer high-quality services that distinguish them from other Peruvian firms.’
‘They offer us services on time and with the highest quality.’
‘Estudio Grau with Ramón Huapaya and Néstor Shimabukuro have a capacity for analysis of the sector that offers us options to face the legal problems that occur in the industry.’
‘Their attitude and responsiveness is greatly appreciated.’
Luz del Sur
Telefónica del Perú
Compañia Minera Antamina
- Advised Engie Energía Perú on a procedure against the Municipality of Chilca before the Peruvian Institute for the Defence of Competition (INDECOPI).
- Advised Autopistas del Norte in relation to bureaucratic barriers contained in Supreme Decree No. 001-2022-TR, which prohibits and restricts the outsourcing of activities that “form part of the core business” of companies in various sectors.
- Advised Enel Green Power on all administrative procedures for obtaining and developing definitive concessions for generation with renewable resources in Peru before the Ministry of Energy and Mines and Regional Governments.
Garrigues offers clients ‘immediate, precise and accurate attention’. Its core areas of focus include administrative proceedings before regulators and government authorities, where it acts for clients in highly regulated sectors, such as telecoms, public law issues pertaining to public infrastructure projects, public procurement, bidding processes and sanctioning procedures. Of counsel Victor Baca leads the team, bringing over 25 years’ experience to the team and acting for both public and private entities in administrative law, planning and zoning; he is particularly experienced in the energy and natural resources sectors. Principal associates Eduardo Ortega and Johanna Holz are also noted, as are senior associates Giancarlo Vignolo and construction and project development expert Lissy Vega Centeno.
‘Garrigues’ advice is excellent. They know how to deal wonderfully with the client’s problems, understanding their needs and comprehensively covering all possible risks and areas of the problem.’
‘Víctor Baca and Giancarlo Vignolo stand out clearly in the practice of public regulatory affairs, linked to education.’
‘Immediate, precise and accurate attention.’
‘I really like that they care a lot about the client and know how to transmit tranquility, providing efficient solutions.’
‘Lissy Vega is very empathetic with the client.’
‘They become a strategic partner of the in-house lawyer, providing support with a practical approach to the problem, which understands the needs and interests of the company.’
‘Victor Baca’s answers are always on point and to the point.’
Federación de Instituciones Privadas de Educación Superior – FIPES
Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola – USIL
Sociedad Nacional de Pesquería – SNP
Empresa de Generación Huallaga
Séché Group Perú
- Advised Sociedad Nacional de Pesquería on the drafting of a law creating incentives to promote the scrapping of fishing vessels.
- Advised Prodemex in bidding processes called by ProInversión, which led it to be considered as a prequalified company to develop two projects.
- Advised BBVA, IDB Invest, KfW IPEX-Bank, MUFG, Scotiabank, Societe Generale and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation on regulatory matters and concession agreements to finance the execution of a new terminal in the Jorge Chavez International Airport in Lima.
Miranda & Amado’s public law team offers broad expertise covering both contentious and non-contentious matters, including those related to administrative law, competition, disputes, public procurement and regulatory issues. It has a strong track record in highly regulated industries, such as energy and natural resources, infrastructure, life sciences and transport, and on the contentious side, the practice is known for representing clients in procedures before governing bodies. Willy Pedreschi heads the team and focuses on administrative, regulatory, infrastructure and public procurement matters; he is supported by counsel Marife Martinelli, who brings former experience at OSINERGMIN, with a strong practice in public law matters relating to the electricity, oil and gas, and water sectors. Enrique Felices deals with public law-related competition and regulatory matters, while at the associate level, Fabiana Vittoria is experienced in the telecoms and media sectors and Raicza Arrunátegui is recommended for disputes.
‘The public law team has solid knowledge on the matter, which generates confidence in the client about the strategies they propose. They seek to know the client’s business, which is very important to be able to establish what are the mechanisms that must be carried out either to prevent a contingency or reduce the risks in a complicated situation. They know not only the legal part but also get involved in knowing the client’s business.’
‘Willy Pedreschi is always attentive to find out what the client needs, understand the problem and from there provide an answer. His experience in different sectors means that he can always have an accurate comment or observation for each case that arises.’
‘Raicza Arrunátegui knows the regulatory framework and is involved in understanding the business so that in this way he can apply the regulations to the specific case, which means that the client has the confidence that the answer will address all the issues that are required and even additional, which is a plus.’
Engie Energía del Perú – ENGIE
Touring Autómovil Club del Perú
Cirion Technologies Perú (previously CenturyLink Perú)
Compañía Minera ARES
Obrascón Huarte Lain
Clorox del Perú
Educational Institute – Franklin Delano Roosevelt
SGS del Perú
Estudios Técnicos – ETSA
- Advising SGS del Perú on ongoing public procurement matters relevant to current legislation and the renewal of relevant permits to provide certification services in the field of education.
- Acting for Compañía Minera Ares – a company of the Hochschild Group – in several complex administrative sanctioning procedures initiated by the Environmental Assessment and Enforcement Organizations.
- Providing administrative and regulatory advice on administrative matters to Cirion Technologies Perú in several complex administrative sanctioning procedures before the regulatory agency OSIPTEL.
The regulatory and administrative law group at Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados is active in the energy, mining, telecoms, transportation and ports sectors and advises on administrative petitions and procedures before ministries, regulatory agencies and local governments. Practice head Gerardo Soto is experienced in highly regulated industries and in administrative procedures before OSINERGMIN, OSITRAN and INDECOPI; he is also a name to note for public law issues pertaining to PPPs. Alonso Rey is noted for project finance, concession processes and administrative matters, while principal associate Michelle Aramburú is well versed in privatisation processes and matters relating to infrastructure projects. Mayra Aguirre, also a principal associate, is a key contact for permitting, licensing and authorisations. Since research concluded, administrative specialist Jorge Lazarte has rejoined the firm after some 12 years in various in-house and institutional roles (including a executive president of the Association for the Removal of Bureaucratic Barriers, ALEB) - effective as of September 2023.
‘The firm is specialised in corporate law and public law.’
‘Gerardo Soto is a lawyer of great prestige and knowledge.’
‘It seems to me a Firm that manages the relationship with its clients very well, giving them timely support on various issues.’
‘The Payet law firm and, in particular, the partners and associates in the Regulation and Public Law area, are professionals with a solid track record, extensive knowledge and extensive experience in the sectors we consult. We have worked for many years with this firm and with these lawyers and we have always had exceptional attention, very dedicated.’
‘Very solid lawyers in their legal opinions. Their knowledge and experience in the sectors consulted is demonstrated. Gerardo Soto and Carlos Baldeon.’
Minera Boro Misquichilca
Banco BBVA Peru
Terpel Comercial del Perú
Limagas Natural Perú (Lipigas Group)
Sacyr Concesiones Peru (Sacyr)
Gold Fields La Cima
Prima AFP (PRIMA)
Los Portales Estacionamientos
Unión de Cervecerías Peruanas Backus y Johnston
Compañía Minera Poderosa
GE Healthcare del Perú
Hotel Limafores 290 (Grupo Hotusa)
- Providing continuous advice to Inca Rail on regulatory and administrative matters before public entities such as the Ministry of Transport and Communications, the regulator (OSITRAN) and the railway line concessionaire.
- Advised Terpel Comercial del Perú on matters related to the regulation of oil and hydrocarbons derivative products.
- Advised Minera Boroo Misquichilca and Banco BBVA Peru on the development and implementation of medical services in Santiago de Chuco, La Libertad, following agreements executed with the regional government.
The public law and regulation team at Baxel Consultores advises public and private sector clients on administrative processes, regulatory matters and the elimination of bureaucratic barriers. The practice is jointly led by Mario Drago Alfaro, Christian Chávez Verastegui, who is noted for regulatory and competition law issues, and is particularly experienced in the telecoms sector and matters pertaining to privacy and data security, and Carlos Rojas Klauer. At the senior associate level, Alonso Salazar Zimmermann advises on public law matters in the healthcare and insurance sectors, while Francisco Zegarra Valencia is a name to note for regulatory, constitutional and administrative litigation.
Mario Drago Alfaro; Christian Chávez Verastegui; Carlos Rojas Klauer
‘They are experienced in the subject matter.’
‘They are warm and friendly and communicate in a non-laywer friendly manner.’
‘An excellent law firm that works closely with its clients. Has an active interest in knowing the dynamics of the operations and the operational/commercial processes of the industry.’
Inchcape Motors Perú
Rímac Seguros y Reaseguros
Telefónica del Perú
Banco de Crédito del Perú – BCP
Terminales del Perú
- Advised Telefónica del Perú on a proceeding before Indecopi’s Elimination of Bureaucratic Barriers Commission seeking the elimination of barriers imposed by Osiptel, the telecoms regulator.
- Advised Banco de Crédito – BCP, as well as more than a dozen other companies, in claims against the Labour Ministry for illegally prohibiting private entities to outsource core business activities.
- Advising Rímac Seguros y Reaseguros on its strategy design and defence in procedures before Susalud, the health superintendent in Peru.
Bullard Falla Ezcurra Abogados
Bullard Falla Ezcurra Abogados offers clients ‘in-depth and solid knowledge of the subject matter and extensive experience in the area’. Leaning on its strong experience in competition matters, the team, which is led by Alejandro Falla, Eduardo Quintana, Lucía Villarán and Andrea Cadenas, has considerable knowledge of antitrust law and economics, which enables it to assist clients in proceedings around market regulation and anti-competitive behaviour. It acts for high-profile domestic and international clients before various regulatory agencies in administrative law procedures and also offers strong expertise in concession contracts. Falla is a veteran practitioner with over 28 years’ experience in the area; he has in-house experience at the energy regulator OSINERGMIN and is a key contact for regulatory, antitrust and administrative law, while Quintana, who brings former experience at INDECOPI and OSITRAN, is well versed in public law matters in the energy, telecoms, transport and infrastructure sectors.
Alejandro Falla; Eduardo Quintana; Lucía Villarán; Andrea Cadenas
‘The members of the team demonstrate in-depth and solid knowledge of the subject matter and extensive experience in the area.’
‘They stay up to date on regulatory issues throughout the region and are regionally recognised in this area.’
‘Eduardo Quintana is recognised in the region for his knowledge and experience in Public and Regulatory Law.’
Led by María Eugenia Yabar and Martín Serkovic, Estudio Olaechea’s public law and regulatory team advises on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious issues in highly regulated sectors, including administrative proceedings, public procurement and related disputes, licensing and permitting, and issues around bureaucratic barriers. Yabar stands out for regulatory and transport work and handles a considerable amount of public law matters in the aviation industry, while Serkovic acts for foreign and domestic clients in public, regulatory and competition issues and is particularly experienced in the telecoms sector. Patricia Castro, who was recently promoted to partner, is a contact for government procurement and has a notable track record in the ports and maritime segments.
Maria Eugenia Yabar; Martin Serkovic
‘Knowledge and professional quality. Prestige. Quality of service.’
‘Business knowledge. Involvement in each case and proactive monitoring of it.’
APM Terminals Callao
W Capital SAFI
Ballet Municipal de Lima
Lenovo (Asia Pacific) Sucursal del Perú
Medica del Pacífico
- Advised Lenovo on its participation in Public Tender No. 001-2022-INDECOPI to provide the leasing service of computer equipment to INDECOPI.
- Advising San Fernando on a complex complaint against the Ministry and SBN before the Commission for the Elimination of Bureaucratic Barriers (CEB) of INDECOPI.
- Advising Arcadis on the execution of an new engineering contract.
The May 2023 arrival of former Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria principal associate Carlos González Prada as a partner completed a recruitment process at Hernández & Cía that had previously seen the firm hire senior associates Natalia Gallardo and Tely Porcel (in Janaury and Septemeber 2022, respectively), profoundly consolidating the practice led by José Manuel Abastos and Jorge Reátegui. Abastos is a well known finance and transactional practitioner with particular expertise in relation to PPPs, concessions and infrastructure, while Reátegui’s strength in real estate matters translates in the public law arena into extensive know-how regarding the acquisition of rights, regulatory affairs, and licensing and certifications with regard to land and property usage. Administrative law specialist González Prada brings additional experience regarding sancitons and licensing to the group. Along with mandates in the highway concessions, mining and auotmotive sectors, recent activity has seen the team particularly active in the water and sanitation, retail and chemical areas.
José Manuel Abastos; Jorge Reátegui
AB Inbev – Unión de Cervecerías Backus & Johnston
Distribuidora Deportiva Puma
Hyundai Engineering & Construction (Peru branch)
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
Interseguro Compañía de Seguros
Private Investment Promotion Agency (PROINVERSIÓN)
Tiendas del Mejoramiento del Hogar
Toyota del Perú
- Advised AB InBev on the reopening of its main industrial plant closed by the District Municipality of Chaclacayo.
- Devised an administrative strategy on behalf of a mining company in support of an appeal for the annulment of a disciplinary procedure which was successfully obtained.
- Successful counselled Metrocolor regarding sanctioning proceedings that implied a fine and the final closure of the company’s factory in Lima’s Chorrillos district, as well as the revocation of the municipal permits necessary for the operation.
León e Iparraguirre Abogados
León e Iparraguirre Abogados is a boutique firm focusing on competition, IP and administrative matters. It further benefits from its cooperation agreement with Chilean firm FerradaNehme, allowing it to work on regional matters with ease. The team, which acts for foreign and domestic clients, is led by Luis Miguel Leon and Gianfranco Iparraguirre, both of whom are noted for public law and public contracting matters. At the associate level, the team was bolstered by the arrival of Xiomara León from an in-house role at Latam Peru in April 2022 and, in August of the same year, with the arrival of Pamela Tapia, who joined from an in-house role at INDECOPI.
Luis Miguel León; Gianfranco Iparraguirre
‘The LEIA team has a personalised and dedicated client service.’
‘The service received is efficient and dynamic, with constant communication between the lawyers and the client.’
‘We are mainly assisted by Luis Miguel León, who is always attentive and empathetic to the problems we have, looking for legally creative solutions within what is correct and legal, making the work of the in-house lawyer more efficient.’
Asociación de la Industria de Bebidas y Refrescos sin Alcohol (ABRESA)
Linde Gas Perú
Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología
Linde Perú (ex Praxair)
Toyota del Perú
- Assisted Arca Continental Lindley in 24 administrative and judicial cases related to administrative matters and bureaucratic barriers.
- Advised various clients from different industries on a bureaucratic barriers case against the Ministry of Labour and Employment Promotion.
- Advised Asociación de la Industria de Bebidas y Refrescos Sin Alcohol (ABRESA) in relation to public law matters relating to the use of plastics, healthy food, water and solid waste.
The public law team at Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria advises on both contentious and non-contentious matters, including regulatory and compliance issues, and administrative sanctioning procedures and disputes. On the non-contentious side, it is well versed in permitting, licensing and legal reports around the implications of new laws, and it has also recently been advising on a number of matters relating to restrictions imposed during the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly in the aviation industry. The practice is led by Ronald Fernández-Dávila and principal associate Carlos González Prada; Fernández-Dávila is experienced in bidding processes, private initiatives and acquisitions in the infrastructure arena, focusing on roads, railways and airports, while González advises on public procurement and sanctioning procedures in a range of highly regulated sectors.
Ronald Fernández Davila; Carlos Gonzalez Prada
‘It is a practice that addresses various categories within public law / regulation, from municipal issues, to health issues, energy, water, among others. The relationship with the lawyer is close, business oriented and executed with a sense of urgency.’
‘They understand the needs of the company / business and offer solutions based on knowledge, experience and insights to address complex situations.’
Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Tec de Monterrey)
Telefónica del Perú
Aerovías de México de C.V. Sucursal Peruana – Aeromexico
Latam Airlines Peru
Mall Plaza Perú
- Provided legal advice to Asociación Civil del Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey in relation to the sanctioning procedure initiated by SUNEDU, assisting in the legal defence and compliance with the obligations established by the authority.
- Advising Telefónica del Perú on a bid rejection by the Oficina de Normalización Previsional.
- Advised Telefónica del Perú on a successful bidding process with the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights.
QA Legal’s public law offering is led by Maria Teresa Quinones and stands out for its expertise in regulatory matters, public procurement, infrastructure and PPPs, as well as public law issues relating to the water, energy and TMT sectors. It acts for high-profile foreign and domestic clients, and Quiñones is active on both contentious and non-contentious issues. She is also a professor of public utilities and administrative law.
María Teresa Quiñones
‘Exceptional regulatory and market knowledge.’
‘Maria Teresa Quiñones is a star in regulation and public law.’
‘They are very strong in administrative law, and they handle very well the interrelationship between civil and contractual law, and administrative law.’
US Department of Commerce – Commercial Law Development Program
Kallpa Generación (I Square Capital)
The World Bank
Energía Renovable La Joya (Grupo ENHOL)
- Provided advice to the US Department of Commerce in its technical assistance to Ministry of Economy and Finance of Peru in connection to the proposed regulations on the New Public Procurement law.
- Advising Kallpa Generación on various topics relating to the energy sector, involving public law issues, proposed laws and regulations.
- Retained by the World Bank as an external consultant in order to work with it on a proposal aimed at providing national access to broadband internet.
The public law practice at Rubio Leguía Normand is led by Milagros Maraví and Milagros Mendoza, who was promoted to partner in early 2023. It offers expertise in public services and regulation, PPPs, state contracts, concessions and water resources and acts for both public and private entities. Maraví has recently advised a number of clients on procedures to eliminate bureaucratic barriers relating to Supreme Decree N° 001-2022-TR, which changed the regulations around outsourcing in the country; she also handles public tenders and regulatory matters. Mendoza is a name to note for public procurement contracts. Principal associate Arturo Ruiz focuses on economic, administrative and water law, and senior associate Sheyla Llacza is recommended for the elimination of bureaucratic barriers and other administrative procedures. Senior associate Erick Cuba joined the team in October 2023 from the Ministry of Development and Social Inclusion, bringing experience in administrative and regulatory law, concessions, government contracts, public policy and arbitration.
Milagros Maraví; Milagros Mendoza
National Confederation of Private Business Institutions — CONFIEP
Servicio de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado – SEDAPAL
Programa Nacional de Inversiones en SALUD – PRONIS
Concesionaria IIRSA Norte
Concesionaria Interoceánica Sur-Tramo 2
Concesionaria Interoceánica Sur-Tramo 3
BERD – Projecto, Investigação E Engenhari De Pontes
Comité de Operación Económica del Sistema Interconectado Nacional – COES SINAC
Organismo Supervisor de la Inversión en Infraestructura de Transporte de Uso Público – OSITRAN
Organismo Supervisor de Inversión Privada en Telecomunicaciones – OSIPTEL
Proyecto Especial Legado Juegos Panamericanos y Parapanamericanos
Ópticas GMO Perú
Concesionaria Trasvase Olmos
Sociedad Concesionaria Desaladora del Sur
- Advised Cosapi Minería on a procedure to eliminate bureaucratic barriers against Supreme Decree N° 001-2022-TR in Peru.
- Advised Intersur Concesiones on a procedure to eliminate bureaucratic barriers against Supreme Decree N° 001-2022-TR in Peru, specifically the prohibition to use outsourcing for complementary and specialised activities.
- Prepared several drafts for the National Confederation of Private Business Institutions (CONFIEP) in order to make it easier for Peruvian companies to present claims for bureaucratic obstacles related to the prohibition of outsourcing activities.
Santiváñez Abogados is a well-known boutique firm that focuses on the energy sector; its public law practice advises both high-profile electricity companies and public entities, such as the state agency responsible for the promotion of public-private investment (Proinversión) and the Ministry Of Energy And Mines (MINEM) on regulatory matters pertaining to large infrastructure and energy projects. Roberto Santiváñez, Paul Sumar and Fidel Rocha jointly lead the team. Santivañez brings 25 years of experience in power supply and transmission contracts, gas supply contracts, project development, and financing; Sumar is another veteran practitioner experienced in public procurement and disputes; and Rocha is a key contact for regulatory, contractual and administrative matters.
Roberto Santiváñez; Fidel Rocha; Paul Sumar
Agencia de Promoción de la Inversión Privada – Proinversión
Ministerio de Energía y Minas
KFW Development Bank
Corporación Financiera de Desarrollo (COFIDE)
Empresa Regional de Servicio Público de Electricidad del Oriente
Tarucani Generating Company
Electricité de France – EDF Perú
Empresa Transmisora Eléctrica Catacaos
Electro Sur Este – ELSE
Empresa de Administración de Infraestructura Eléctrica – ADINELSA
Electro Norte – ENSA
Consorcio Energético de Huancavelica – CONENHUA
Tarucani Generating Company – TARUCANI
Concesionaria Hidroléctrica Sur Medio – CONHIDRO
Empresa de Generación Eléctrica del Sur – EGESUR
- Advised KFW Development Bank and Corporación Financiera de Desarrollo (COFIDE) on the design of a programme to finance the installation of photovoltaic power plants for self-supply.
- Advised Ecorer on the preparation of an administrative file complying with all the requirements to request the imposition of an easement for the benefit of the project on land owned by the association.
- Advised Proinversión on the 500 kV Huanuco – Tocache – Celendin – Trujillo transmission line project.