Public law and regulation in Peru
Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International
Few firms can match the depth of expertise at Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International, where 'their lawyers are leaders in the matter, at an academic and professional level.’ The deep offering extends to international arbitration, and concessions and public procurement, for key national projects, in addition to complex ad hoc issues on behalf of private and public bodies. The team is also distinguished for its customer service, described by commentators as 'unbeatable’ and 'extraordinary’. Both Juan Carlos Morón and Jorge Danós are leading figures in this domain and have cultivated a truly strong team that includes: 'outstanding’ Samuel Abad, who focuses on constitutional law and human rights; Zita Aguilera, who 'stands out for her high knowledge and experience’; and Ana Sofia Reyna Palacios, who was promoted to counsel in 2019. A ten-strong junior bench includes 'very good’ Laura Francia and experienced Milagros Paredes.
‘Recommended for its level of professionalism, experience in public law and its management of issues.’
‘Good communication, sensitivity of the issues or problems entrusted, timely intervention in the work and quick actions based on the proposed legal strategy.’
‘This practice is highly recommended as it has excellent professionals of a very high level, with deep knowledge of the issues and specific recommendations, which is what we need as internal lawyers. In a company, the issue of time is vital and therefore, the response time is an issue to be taken into consideration when choosing external consultants; in the case of this practice, the response time and attitude/delivery of customer service is extraordinary.’
‘Zita Aguilera stands out for her high knowledge on the subject and experience that translates into concrete and viable recommendations for clients. She is in constant communication and has a positive attitude.’
‘Their lawyers are leaders in the matter, at an academic and professional level, solid opinions, and well-versed and updated with the law worldwide. Unbeatable customer service.’
‘In addition to the responsibility and commitment assumed by each lawyer who has been in charge of our issues, the empathy they demonstrate with their clients stands out, understanding the problem and forming a solid team that generates trust and tranquility, which is reinforced with the excellent results that are usually obtained.’
‘When partners say they will work on a topic, they actually do it themselves. They do not usually delegate it to their assistants or other lawyers. Zita Aguilera is a clear example.’
Abbott Laboratories (Farmindustria)
Cadena de Comercio Perú
Colegio de Notarios
Consorcio Gestión Movilidad (INDRA)
Lima Airport Partners (LAP)
Metro de Lima Linea 2
Ministerio de Transportes y Comunicaciones (MTC)
Ferrocarril Andino Central
Refinería La Pampilla S.A.A. (RELAPASAA)
Sothern Perú Copper Corporation
Telefónica del Perú
- Advising the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) on the tender, execution and liquidation of the contracts signed for the XVIII Pan American Games and VI Parapan American Games, held in Lima in 2018. Value $90m.
- Provided an expert report regarding the correct interpretation of public procurement law as part of client Alauda Ingeniería’s tender for the contract for certain consulting services, which was erroneously refused despite the client winning the bid.
- Acting for Consorcio Ecolatina in domestic arbitration against the Peruvian government concerning its 20-year concession to manage Huachipa Zoo.
- Defending Alvac in the administrative sanctioning procedure initiated against it by the State Procurement Court, for allegedly submitting inaccurate and false documentation in a public tender.
Garrigues fields a 'highly specialised team with immense experience in the area.' Department head Victor Baca has vast knowledge of - and expertise in - key public procurement, infrastructure projects and public policy matters, as well as administrative regulation and sanctioning procedures. In support is a robust team of 'highly-trained’ associates, including senior Eduardo Ortega, a 'lawyer with deep knowledge in the practice’; principal associate Johanna Holz, who is very focused in this arena; and 'first-rate’ Giancarlo Vignolo. The team is in demand for a broad spectrum of issues, with recent mandates including assisting Roche with government lobbying concerning public health drug needs; and acting for WIGO (GTD Perú), on its contract to provide internet services for the country's January 2020 congressional elections. This work is against a backdrop of more common procurement and concession bids for significant projects, among other matters.
‘Victor Baca is an exceptional lawyer. He offers great confidence to the client for his knowledge and experience. This is recognised by the stakeholders, which is important in the area. Giancarlo Vignolo is a first-rate, proactive, empathetic and highly trained associate.’
‘Highly specialised team with immense experience in the area.’
‘The team has solid knowledge of the practice. They are recognised lawyers in the field and always have an adequate strategy for each case. Their in-depth knowledge of the subject sets them apart from other teams. Their experience is indisputable and gives the client a lot of peace of mind.’
‘Victor Baca is recognised in the media and has a track record which, together with his solid knowledge in practice, transmits certainty in the strategies he proposes and they are successful. Eduardo Ortega is a lawyer with deep knowledge in the practice. He is always available to answer his clients’ queries and has a vision that allows him to approach various strategies to solve a problem.’
WIGO (GTD Perú)
Roche Farma (Peru)
Veolia Servicios Perú
Prosegur Activa Perú
Kellogg’s de Colombia
Metro de Lima Linea 2
Alupar Inversiones Perú
- Represented WIGO (GTD Perú) in administrative proceedings appealing the award of tenders called by the Municipality of Magdalena and the National Institute of Quality for the provision of internet services; and advised the client on its contract with National Electoral Processes Office (ONPE) to provide the internet services required for elections that took place in January 2020.
- Advised Roche Farma (Peru) on Peruvian lobbying regulations applicable to meetings with public officials regarding the public health sector’s drug needs, together with advice on the contingencies in case of non-compliance with the regulations.
- Successfully represented Education First during administrative sanctioning proceedings initiated by INDECOPI for the alleged failure of one of EF’s language courses to comply with regulations, avoiding a potential fine of $5.2m.
- Advising Veolia with its business development efforts in the sanitation sector, including a significant amount of public procurement.
Few firms can match the scale of the offering provided by Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados, where the sector is split into two distinct practices: public law, led by Carlos Carpio, and regulatory, led by energy specialist Verónica Sattler. The firm is able to leverage from multiple tier one teams in other practice areas across both these areas, and is particularly strong in associated litigation and arbitration matters. Its stellar client roster includes Microsoft, which the firm advised on its public procurement to provide electronic paperwork for the Peruvian Tax Authority (SUNAT), a matter led by key partner and public procurement specialist Hugo Silva. Other recommended individuals include: infrastructure and international arbitration partner Alejandro Manayalle; Italo Carrano, who advises on concessions and PPP; and from the associate bench, Augusto Effio and Diana Briones, who specialise in public procurement and regulatory law respectively; and fisheries expert Richard Inurritegui.
‘Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados meets all the necessary requirements and exceeds the teams from other firms.’
‘They have comprehensive care and are attentive to developments to alert the client. They are attentive and punctual on the proposed date.’
‘The public and regulatory team at Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados provides personalised advice, with a level of detail and depth in all the issues that not only considers the public law aspects but also complements the various specialised branches of the firm such as tax and civil law, among others.’
‘Their strength is not only the legal knowledge provided by the team but also the knowledge and management of commercial issues. The way they manage to understand what the client wants before diving strictly into the legal aspects. I would like to recommend Carlos Carpio.’
Tecnologia Industrial Y Nacional – TECNASA
América Móvil Perú
Compañía De Medicina Prepagada Colsanitas
Sistemas Oracle Del Perú
Fresenius Medical Care Del Perú
Compañía Peruana De Radiodifusión
Southern Peru Copper Corporation
Minera Chinalco Perú
APM Terminals Callao
Veolia Servicios Perú
Sade Compagnie Generale De Travaux D’Hidraulique
PLM Inversiones Inmobiliarias
Rutas de Lima
DP World Callao
- Advised Microsoft Corporation on its contracts with the Peruvian Tax Authority (SUNAT), following a public procurement process, to virtualise the entity’s electronic invoices and receipts, the first such development in the country; the team also continues to act for the client in other specialised administrative matters.
- Advising Colombia’s Compañía De Medicina Prepagada Colsanitas, and its Peruvian subsidiary Sanitas Peru, on administrative regulations concerning the provision of medical services.
- Advising Rutas de Lima on the development of the Proyecto Vías Nuevas de Lima project, involving the construction, conservation and exploitation of over 100km of urban highway in the city of Lima.
- Acting for DP World Callao in its current negotiations with the Ministry of Transport and Communications and the National Port Authority regarding the execution of the second amendment to the South Pier’s concession agreement, which will allow expansion of the port facilities.
Rubio Leguía Normand excels in this arena, posting a far-reaching catalogue of high-stakes matters this year, several of them of national impact. A case in point was its advice to US company Everbridge on the implementation and start-up of the Emergency Early Alert Messaging System (SISMATE), to warn the Peruvian population about emergencies via their mobile devices. Team leader Milagros Maraví earns respect from both peers and clients for her expertise in public tenders and complex regulatory policy matters; she is 'extremely perceptive’, according to clients, and 'one of the best lawyers we have ever worked with’. She is assisted by a strong team of associates, among whom are principal associate Milagros Mendoza, particularly skilled in PPPs; and fellow principal associate Arturo Ruiz, who has niche expertise in water resources regulation. The more junior María Claudia Castro is 'responsive, diligent and detail-oriented’.
‘Milagros Maraví and her team from Rubio Leguía Normand has worked with us every step of the way to ensure that our actions in trying to win a large government contract are always optimal and efficient. They have worked with us on preparing the bid response, stitching together partnerships with local firms, negotiating various contracts with specialised inputs from Peruvian laws, negotiations with the government, and representing us for registration purposes, etc.’
‘Milagros Maraví is extremely perceptive, provides a prompt response, is completely invested in customer success, has foresight and diligence. She is one of the best lawyers we have ever worked with. María Claudia Castro is responsive, diligent and detail-oriented.’
‘The team compares favourably with those from other law firms. Its strengths are: high professionalism; quick response times; knowledge of the sector and the environment (city and country); good use of technology; integrated and coordinated team; dedication; able to track topics; and ability to perform in several projects in parallel.’
Comité de Operación Económica del Sistema – COES SINAC
BERD – Projecto, Investigação E Engenhari De Pontes
Citybike Miraflores (Grupo Moventia)
Citybike San Isidro (Grupo Moventia)
Corporación Alemana para la Cooperación Internacional – GIZ
Caja de Pensiones Militar Policial
Servicio de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado de Lima – Sedapal
- Advising Everbridge on its contract with the Ministry of Transport and Communications for the implementation and start-up of the Emergency Early Alert Messaging System (SISMATE), to warn the Peruvian population before, during and after the occurrence of an emergency or disaster via mobile phone.
- Acting for BERD – Projecto, Investigação E Engenhari De Pontes, on various selection procedures called by the Ministry of Transport and Communications to acquire modular bridges to replace the road infrastructure affected by El Niño Costero in 2017.
- Representing Comité de Operación Económica del Sistema – COES SINAC in several administrative sanctioning procedures and legal proceedings challenging decisions by OSINERGMIN for alleged regulatory non-compliance.
- Counsel to to Fondo MIVIVIENDA in all its public law matters.
Miranda & Amado
Miranda & Amado has undergone a change in leadership in this practice area, with experienced administrative and regulatory lawyer and 'excellent professional’ Willy Pedreschi - who was made partner in January 2020 - taking over from top labour and regulatory practitioner Luis Vinatea, who left to focus on the labour side of his practice at boutique Vinatea & Toyama in September 2019. The new-look team still reaps the benefits of the full-service firm's stellar client base, acting for Clorox Perú, Enel Distribución Perú and Telefónica del Perú, among other heavyweights. Other key advisers in the practice include head of competition, Enrique Felices, and infrastructure and energy partner Luis Marcelo De-Bernardis. Counsel Marifé Martinelli is highly commended.
‘The firm’s extensive track record and prestige allow the technical and operational decisions we must make to be supported by professionals with vast experience in the sector. Likewise, the time in which solutions and alternatives are offered to us is important, allowing us to develop as well as possible in an area as dynamic as the hydrocarbons sector.’
‘We have worked with Willy Pedreschi and his team. He is an excellent professional with the necessary knowledge to answer the queries that are put to him in a short time.’
Enel Distribución Perú
APM Terminals Callao
Tiendas por Departamento Ripley
SGS del Perú
Telefónica del Perú
- Representing Clorox Perú in a bureaucratic barrier claim filed before INDECOPI challenging the restrictive criteria adopted by the Terrestrial Transportation Supervisory Agency (SUTRAN) regarding the transportation of sodium hypochlorite nationally.
- Acting for Enel Distribución Perú on the regulatory and administrative aspects of a regulatory procedure conducted by OSINERGMIN against Pesquera Pacífico Centro.
- Advising CenturyLink on its contracts with the Peruvian government regarding its wholesale and corporate telecoms services, under the government procurement framework.
Muñiz, Olaya, Meléndez, Castro, Ono & Herrera Abogados fields a sizeable, high-calibre team that advises a distinguished client base on dealings with public agencies at national, regional and local level. Six partners contribute to the practice, led by administrative and regulatory senior partner, Rolando Salvatierra and head of antitrust and competition, Pierino Stucchi, who's wider practice focuses on economic administrative law, public procurement and sanctioning procedures. The team is main adviser to Salaverry Terminal Internacional, concessionaire of the largest port terminal in northern Peru, and handles a growing amount of 'Works for Taxes' matters, a case in point being its advise to Shougang Hierro Perú in this regard.
‘They have a coordinated team that is attentive to customer needs, assertive and collaborative. In comparison, they out-perform other firms.’
‘They quickly match the client’s requirements. Rolando Salvatierra is a leading attorney, appreciated for his teamwork.’
Terminal Portuario Paracas
Expediciones Amazónicas – Lima Tours
Institute for Infant Development, Arie – Fundades Group
Abbvie Sas (Peru)
Inversiones Nacionales de Turismo (Intursa)
Snacks América Latina (PepsiCo)
Grupo Inmobiliario Edifica
Salaverry Terminal Internacional
Shougang Hierro Perú
Universidad Alas Peruanas
British American Tobbaco
- Ongoing advice to Terminal Portuario Paracas on regulatory and sanctioning procedures regarding its operation and management of General San Martin Port, currently undergoing expansion via a $180m PPP.
- Acting for Univesidad Alas Peruanas (UAP) in sanctioning procedings before educational supervisory authority, SUNEDU, concerning its opening of an educational establishment in Bolívar, Cajamarca, allegedly in violation of regulations.
- Advising British American Tobbacco in proceedings to eliminate bureaucratic barriers against the District Municipality of Magdalena del Mar.
An impressive offering at Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados is wide in scope, the firm representing an extensive and growing client roster on a variety of interactions with government authorities and public entities. Client gains in the past year include Concar, operator of one of Peru's largest highway concessions; and Asbanc, the association of Peruvian banks. A full-time specialist in administrative law and regulated industries, Gerardo Soto is practice head; fellow partner Alonso Rey, who is well versed in project finance and PPPs, is also active in this area. Together, they demonstrate 'speed and agility, with good legal sense and strategy’. Associates to highlight include Karen Angeles and Michelle Aramburú, who focus on public and regulatory law, respectively.
‘The team at Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados has demonstrated capacity and action in the various requirements requested, which includes regulatory issues in the hydrocarbons sector, corporate law, contracts and arbitration.’
Supervisory Agency for Investment in Public Transport Infrastructure – OSITRAN
Limagas Natural Perú and Lima Gas (Lipigas Group)
Terminal Portuario Paracas
Productos Tissue del Perú (PROTISA)
Asociación de Bancos del Perú – Asbanc
América Móvil Perú
Banco de Crédito del Perú
- Advising Banco de Crédito del Perú –BCP on the project development and financing of the construction of various high-performance schools and other projects in Peru, via the Works for Taxes mechanism; BCP is a major investor via Peru’s Works for Taxes system.
- Providing day-to-day counsel to Limagas Natural Perú and Lima Gas (both subsidiaries of Chile’s Empresas Lipigas) on all public law and regulatory matters regarding their natural gas commercialisation operations.
- Representing Terminal Portuario Paracas, the concessionaire of the San Martin Port Terminal in Pisco, in four administrative sanctioning procedures initiated by regulatory agency OSITRAN regarding alleged breaches of its concession agreement.
Bullard Falla Ezcurra Abogados
Arbitration and competition law boutique Bullard Falla Ezcurra Abogados has deep regulatory knowledge and know-how across a wide range of industries, including energy, oil, insurance, gas, construction, fisheries and transportation. It excels in the conflict management of public and regulatory matters, and regularly opposes the State in international arbitration on behalf of domestic and international investors in public projects. The firm is currently representing the concessionaire of a significant project in the transport industry in international arbitration against the Peruvian State, which unilaterally terminated the concession agreement. Alejandro Falla and Eduardo Quintana are both highly respected.
- Advising a concessionaire in the transport industry on international arbitration against the Republic of Peru under ICSID rules, following unilateral termination of the concession agreement by the State.
- Acting for a Chinese investor in internatonal arbitration against the Republic of Peru relating to performance issues during the client’s concession term.
CMS Grau is particularly strong in sanctioning procedures in highly regulated industries, and is instructed by key companies in the power, gas and telecommunications sectors in this regard - including Luz Del Sur, Solgas and Entel Peru. Led by Ramón Huapaya, who focuses on regulation of public services, concessions and infrastructure, the team's 'high-level professionals’ provide a 'first-class service'. Senior associate Nestor Shimabukuro is popular with clients for his 'high-quality solutions provided in a timely manner’, while associate Oscar Alejos is also singled out for praise. Other matters include acting for General Electric (GE) Healthcare in all its public procurement matters.
‘The quality of the service they provide is excellent. They have a group of high-level professionals, always with a good predisposition and availability to provide a first-class service.’
‘We are satisfied with the performance of the lawyers of CMS Grau, given that they are highly trained in matters of public and regulatory law. They have demonstrated solidity in their knowledge of the electrical sector and in relation to response times, the firm complies with our requirements and is always on time.’
‘The firm is characterised by its real concern for the client and for the exhaustive follow-up of cases in their charge. Nestor Shimabukuro is responsible and committed with every case he takes on, always ready to answer any query that arises from us. He provides us with high-quality solutions in a timely manner.’
‘The team from the public and regulatory law area is one of the best in the Peruvian market. It is led by one of the best administrative lawyers in Peru, who is surrounded by a highly trained team. In addition, they are not only professionals who know the law and sector regulations, but they always show a willingness to have calls, meetings and anything their client needs. The closeness and good relationship that all the team has is reflected in advice to the client.’
‘The plus they have, and what differentiates them from their competitors, is that their attorneys have had previous work experience in the hydrocarbon sector, including at State level, which means that they know and better serve their client’s requirements. They are always willing to listen to us, something that does not always happen in all law firms. Notwithstanding that the whole team is very good, I highlight Ramón Huapaya, Nestor Shimabukuro and Oscar Alejos.’
General Electric (GE) Healthcare
Refinería La Pampilla
Luz Del Sur
Empresa De Generación Eléctrica Huanza
- Representing electricity distributor Luz Del Sur in all its sanctioning administrative procedures before energy and environmental agencies OSINERGMIN and OEFA. Alleged infringements include quality standards, the reimbursement of private contributions and fulfillment of annual goals.
- Regular advice to General Electric (GE) Healthcare in public procurement matters – from participation in public bids to the defence of administrative arbitration.
Boutique firm León e Iparraguirre Abogados focuses on regulatory and public law on behalf a range of industries, advising clients from the banking, beverages, healthcare, insurance and natural gas sectors during the past year alone. Work ranges from public procurement to defence in sanctioning proceedings on behalf of domestic and international clients, who report that the service is 'professional’ and the 'level of specialisation is high’. Both partners of the firm advise in this area: Luis Miguel León is strong in public procurement, and along with experienced Gianfranco Iparraguirre, they both lead on contentious matters.
‘The level of specialisation is high, and the way in which they translate this knowledge into documentation makes their service of significant added value to our company. The firm compares favourably to others.’
‘The level of precision and specialisation in writing to capture the defence is of significant added value. They develop a practical defence that is related to the specific case. Very personalised service. Partner Luis Miguel León is recommended. Associate Giuliana Alvarado is outstanding.’
Asociación de la Industria de Bebidas y Refrescos sin Alcohol (ABRESA)
Colegio SSCC Recoleta
Ingo Casa Perú
Covidien Perú (Medtronic)
Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología (UTEC)
Financiera Crediscotia (CSF)
Toyota del Perú
Macatt Médica Peruana
Tecnología Industrial y Nacional (TECNASA)
Protecta Compañía Seguros
- Regular advice to the Association of the Drinks and Soft Drinks Industry (ABRESA), on public law matters relating to its everyday operations. In 2019 this included advice on new rules relating to use of plastic and restrictions on the circulation of heavy cargo transport.
- Defending Financiera Efectiva in administrative proceedings initiated by financial regulator Superintendence of Banking and Insurance and AFP (SBS), concerning alleged violation of banking rules.
Leading project finance lawyer Ronald Fernández-Dávila heads up the public law practice at Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria alongside the projects area, given the obvious synergies between the two. The focus is PPP and public procurement, as well as representing companies with a variety of other dealings with government organisations. Notably, the firm has a growing practice in aviation, listing LATAM Airlines Perú, Delta Airlines, Sky Airlines and Aeromexico among clients. Principal associates Carlos González Prada, an administrative and regulatory specialist; and Miriam Sara, who focuses on projects, are key advisers in the team. Miguel Ronceros left the firm in July 2019.
Empresa Marítima del Perú
LATAM Airlines Perú
Telefónica del Perú
- Advising LATAM Airlines Perú on its public law contractual matters concerning hourly lease and subleasing agreements for aircraft with Peru’s Public Aircraft Registry.
- Advising Telefónica del Perú on appeals regarding public procurement bids it has participated in, as well as in several other public law matters.
Quiñones Alayza Abogados
Quiñones Alayza Abogados is a boutique firm focused on energy, natural resources and utilities, with stand-out expertise in the regulatory and arbitration aspects. Maria Teresa Quiñones has deep expertise in these areas and is often called upon to provide expert and second legal opinions. Her two-year-old firm expanded significantly during the past year with three key hires: regulatory and projects lawyer Lucia Olavarría joined as a partner from Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International in January 2020, with Geraldine Izaguirre arriving the same month from EY Peru; and Jorge Alvarado hired from Miranda & Amado in August 2019.
‘The firm has exceptional knowledge of the energy and natural resources industry. The case in which we collaborated with Maria Teresa Quiñones was about renewable energy resources, in particular hydroelectric plants. She demonstrated admirable administrative law expertise that helped us craft a strong strategy in an ICSID case.’
‘We worked closely with Maria Teresa Quiñones and Jorge Alvarado. The team was extremely creative in developing a strategy for our case. They worked a lot and presented a report of more than one hundred pages. There is no other group in Peru that has the level of sophistication of Quiñones Alayza Abogados in this area.’
Servicio de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado de Lima (SEDAPAL)
Gas Natural de Lima y Callao (CALIDDA)
American Tower Corporation Peru
Nexa Resources Peru
Luz del Sur
Consorcio energético Huancavelica – CONENHUA (Compañía de Minas Buenaventura)
- Ongoing advice to Servicio de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado de Lima (SEDAPA), regarding proposed changes to the legal framework applicable to PPPs in the sanitation sub-sector which are being introduced to promote private investment in the sector.
- Acting for ENTEL Perú on telecoms regulatory matters such as spectrum-related matters, re-farming and other issues.
The positioning of Santiváñez Abogados as an elite firm in the energy sector, particularly electricity, has seen it accrue deep public law and regulatory knowledge in this sphere; clients describe it simply as 'exceptional’. Approximately 40% of the firm's work is dedicated to representing government entities and state-owner companies in public law matters, while private sector clients include industry operators, infrastructure companies, developers and the holders of public initiatives and PPP contracts. Lead partners Roberto Santivañez, Paul Sumar and Fidel Rocha, plus their support team of 12 associates, have 'vast knowledge of the sector regulations’ and demonstrate 'service aptitude and innovative solutions'.
‘Santiváñez Abogados ‘ practice is exceptional. Its lawyers take on each case with great interest and specialty.’
‘Strong points: preferential treatment and their attorneys inspire trust and dedication in every case they take on.’
‘They have vast knowledge of the sector regulations, service aptitude, innovative solutions, accompaniment to the client in making important decisions regarding governing bodies and direction of our company.’
‘We have been able to work with Roberto Santivañez and Luigi Rossini on different occasions; they have shown that they have a complete command of the regulations of the energy sector in general, highly trained and always ready to answer questions and/or queries raised by the client in the shortest time.’
‘Santiváñez Abogados has a specialised team with experience in energy and related subjects that derive from the activities of the sector. Within their abilities, they focus on results and accompany the management of the company that take their services. The focus they give to their services, such as products that add value to the client, are very important. The relationship of trust in terms of price and specialty makes it very difficult to compare to other firms.’
‘Manuel Suárez is an outstanding and brilliant professional who supports the search for information and provides feedback on the strategy that is being proposed, always seeking the best interest of the client. Paul Súmar is a senior professional and a benchmark in the electricity sector, always seeking to generate benefits in the regulatory aspects and contingencies that arise in the sector.’
Consorcio Energético de Huancavelica (CONENHUA)
Tarucani Generating Company
Concesionaria Hidroeléctrica Sur Medio (CONHIDRO)
Electro Sur Este – ELSE
General Directore of Rural Electrification – Ministerio de Energía y Minas
Sociedad Eléctrica del Sur Oeste
Empresa de Administración de Infraestructura Eléctrica (ADINELSA)
Empresa de Generación Hidroeléctrica del Cusco
Empresa de Generación Eléctrica Machu Picchu
- Represented multiple electricity distribution companies -Electro Sur Este, Electro Ucayali, Sociedad Eléctrica del Sur Oeste, Electro Norte, Hidrandina, Electro Noroeste and Electro Centro- in negotiations with regulator OSINERGMIN regarding the setting of distribution tariffs for the four-year period 2019-2023.
- Ongoing advice to the Ministry of Energy and Mines (MEM) concerning its promotion of various electrical projects utilizing renewable energies in areas not connected to the national grid.