Widely-perceived as a market leader, Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International is the go-to firm for a multitude of public bodies and government departments, as well as the private sector grappling with regulators and administrative proceedings. Areas of expertise include public procurement and concessions, defence of constitutional rights, regulatory arbitration, and sanctioning and disciplinary procedures. Team heads Juan Carlos Morón and Jorge Danós are both leading figures and often consulted by central government in respect of new legislation and other legal opinion. Other key members of the team include: Zita Aguilera, noted for her bids and concessions practice; Ana Sofía Reyna who has deep knowledge of the transport infrastructure area; while at associate level, the highly trained and increasingly experienced principals Laura Francia and Milagros Paredes are additional names to note.
Public law and regulation in Peru
Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International
Juan Carlos Morón; Jorge Danós
Oficina de las Naciones Unidas de Servicios para Proyectos (UNOPS)
Construcción y Administración
COSAPI Ingeniería y Construcción
Lima Expresa (formerly, Línea Amarilla)
Consorcio Vial Ambo
Sinohydro Corporation Peru
Consorcio Gestión Movilidad (INDRA)
Ferrocarril Andino Central
Sociedad Concesionaria Metro de Lima Línea 2
Corporación Aceros Arequipa
Cosco Shipping Ports (formerly, Terminales Portuarios Chancay)
Ministry of Health and the National Health Infrastructure Program (PRONIS)
Consorcio Hospitalario Lima
IBT Group (Callao SALUD and Villa María del Triunfo)
Servicio de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado de Lima (SEDAPA)
- Advising the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) on its public procurement procedures, including bids, administration and execution of contracts, breach of contracts and liquidation of contracts, among other matters.
- Main adviser to Construcción y Administración in charge of its procurement challenges before the Procurement Agency (OSCE) as part of its strategically important projects.
- Currently acting as COSAPI’s sponsors in their key procurement procedures, mainly regarding engineering and construction, which are of high importance to the market.
Garrigues shines on infrastructure projects of national importance, but also has broad expertise across vital public procurement, administrative proceedings, and more recently, novel government-to-government (G2G) mandates. It is acting for the Republic of Peru on its G2G with the UK regarding a £1.6bn contract to assist on the rebuilding of critical infrastructure for sanitation, health and education (among other areas), damaged by the 2017 coastal El Niño phenomenon. Private sector clients include Heineken, Roche and domestic and international banks. At the helm is leading public law and administrative and regulatory expert Victor Baca, who offers over two decades' experience with in this field. He is supported by a strong band of senior associates, including Eduardo Ortega, who has specialist telecom, energy, environmental and natural resource capability in the public law context; and Johanna Holz, whose client following includes multiple banks.
‘The lawyers know in-depth the services provided by the company and the advice they provide us with is very specialised as a result. Stand out features are the quality of service and professionalism.’
‘They are agile and reliable in their answers, and show great knowledge on the issues consulted; they also give constant support to the requirements of the company above what is expected. Their kindness and availability to meet the requirements of the company are also highlights.’
‘The team is highly prepared to face and resolve the different cases and queries that we have. The quality of the members of the legal team is undeniable and they are very accessible, always maintaining direct contact. The team compares favourably with other teams from other high-level firms.’
‘The preparation and knowledge on the subject stands out. Víctor Baca, Eduardo Ortega and Lissy Vega-Centeno are outstanding.’
Autoridad para la Reconstrucción con Cambios (ARCC)
Organismo Estatal de Fiscalización Ambiental (OEFA)
Roche Farma Perú
Lion First Responder PPE
Limba Services (Heineken)
Rentaequipos Leasing Perú (Rentaequipos)
Andean Telecom Partners Perú (ATP)
KfW Ipex Bank
Itaú Corpbanca (New York branch)
- Advised Peru’s ARCC on the drafting and execution of a government-to-government (G2G) agreement with the UK government valued at £1.6bn, required to receive international expertise in major prevention programmes, as well as to assist with the rebuilding of critical infrastructure in different sectors, such as sanitation, health and education.
- Advised Heineken’s newly formed Peruvian subsidiary, Limba Services, on identifying the key regulatory requirements to initiate operations in Perú via a strategic alliance with AJE group.
- Advising Roche Farma regarding Peru’s healthcare and public procurement regulation applicable to the sale of medicines to Peruvian public entities.
Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados is a giant in the field of public and regulatory law. It advises an expansive client roster across a broad industry base, earning instructions from such emblematic companies as Microsoft, Anglo American and Entel. The practice is split into three distinct areas of specialism: public law and public procurement, regulatory, and fisheries - the firm being one of the few to have a specialist practice in this key industry. The 20-strong team has depth at both partner and associate level, and is led by Carlos Carpio (public law), a leading professional in this field with a focus on construction-related works including arbitration; and Verónica Sattler (regulatory), whose broad practice includes regulatory advice to companies in the energy, public transportation and sanitation infrastructure sectors, among others. Other key figures include consultant Richard Inurritegui (fisheries), Hugo Silva (public procurement), Alejandro Manayalle (regulatory), and at associate level, Augusto Effio and Diana Briones.
Carlos Carpio; Veronica Sattler
‘The team has extensive experience in advising on the analysis of public contractual documentation and the risks associated with it, assisting with administrations and public and private bodies and advising on specific regulations in regulated sectors and concession assets . The team members share a business vision focused on excellence in advising and the success of their clients’ operations, which makes this practice unique.‘
‘We highlight this firm’s availability and commitment of the partners. They are involved in matters proactively, offering their knowledge and experience and therefore providing confidence for the client and quality in their advice. We have worked with Veronica Sattler, a senior partner and leader of the regulation and concessions area. Veronica’s work in each of the operations in which she has advised has been characterised by her knowledge of the sector, her high professional commitment and her personal closeness. We value her absolute availability and the quality of the services she provides. In addition, we have had the opportunity to work with Fernando Molina, a senior partner in the project finance area. Working with Fernando has turned out to be very gratifying, advising us in the search for financing for concession contracts and solving in an agile and precise manner the questions raised during the process.’
‘It is a great team, with a lot of experience and solidity in regulatory matters, especially in the port sector. They are concise and legally sound in their responses, and that is highly valued by us. Compared to the other firms, it is the best regulatory area in terms of quality and service provision.’
‘They are experts and specialists in their subject. They are solid in their answers and inquiries, they are to the point, they are executive and they are clear when explaining their positions. In addition, they support their answers with examples and legal basis, jurisprudence, etc., that differ from the other firms.’
‘They compare favourably with other firms.‘
‘Kindness in dealing with the client. Responsibility within the deadlines. Good analysis.’
‘The team is always available and listening to the situation. Strong adaptability, especially since we are a foreign company. We are satisfied with the efficiency of the analyses.’
‘A working relationship with Carlos Carpio that in a very professional way creates a spirit of trust. An always constructive and combative attitude that allows us to see positivism and realism in dealing with matters. And above all, the successes contributed by Carpio give us peace of mind in the continuity of the relationship with this office. ‘
Sade Compagnie Generale de Travaux D’hidraulique
Fresenius Medical Care del Perú
Colegio Trener de Monterrico
AECOM Technical Services
PLM Inversiones Inmobiliarias
APM Terminals Callao
Servicios Maritimos & Terrestres (Mar & Ter)
Sistemas Oracle del Perú
Rutas de Lima
Ferrocarril Transandino (FETRANSA)
Red Eléctrica del Sur
Transmisora Eléctrica del Sur
Luz del Sur
DP World Callao
Southern Peru Copper Corporation
Ove Arup & Partners International
Aeropuertos Andinos del Perú
Terminales Portuarios Euroandinos Paita (TPE Paita)
Consorcio Agua Azul
Anglo American Quellaveco
Eco Express Javier Prado
Concesionaria Desaladora del Sur
Compañía Peruana de Radiodifusió
Tecnologica de Alimentos
Sociedad Nacional de Pesqueria
- Providing permanent legal advice to Entel Peru on matters related to public procurement processes and regulations, related to the provision of telecoms services, in which the company is a regular participant, bidder and/or contractor.
- Representing Red Eléctrica del Sur/Transmisora Eléctrica del Sur in three ongoing disputes with Azteca Comunicaciones, the concessionaire of the National Optical Fibre Network promoted by the Peruvian Government for the expansion of broadband networks in Peru.
- Acted for Microsoft Corporation on the performance of contracts executed as a result of the public procurement processes initiated by the Peruvian Tax Authority (SUNAT) to digitalize the entity’s electronic invoices and receipts.
Ramón Huapaya at CMS Grau is highly respected by peers and clients for his knowledge and experience in this arena, more specifically in relation to administrative proceedings in the power, oil and gas and telecoms sectors. The practice also handles wider regulatory matters, public procurement and general public contracts, for example, acting for General Electric (GE) Healthcare among others on an ongoing basis in this regard. Huapaya's 'right hand' is very capable senior associate Nestor Shimabukuro, who leads on some mandates and is highly focused in this area, while the more junior Oscar Alejos is also a key team member.
General Electric (GE) Healthcare
Refinería la Pampilla (Repsol)
Luz del Sur
- Regular advice to General Electric (GE) Healthcare on public procurement matters, from their participation in public bids to the defence of administrative arbitration, including a recent breach of contract dispute against public health entity INEN.
- Representing Refinería la Pampilla (Repsol) in a complaint filed against the Ministry of Energy and Mines before INDECOPI concerning the requirement to maintain minimum fuel-stock levels as a preventive measure, reaching a favourable decision at INDECOPI’s Tribunal which applies to the entire industry.
- Advising various telecoms companies on their administrative sanctioning procedures before telecommunications agency OSIPTEL and in dispute resolution with other public entities.
Miranda & Amado draws together a heavyweight multidisciplinary team to advise on the full scope of public law and regulatory issues, with particular expertise in energy and natural resources-related matters, infrastructure projects, regulatory, competition and dispute resolution. As a result, it acts for multiple leading companies from a broad spread of industries, such as Enel Distribución, Clorox and APM Terminals Callao. Willy Pedreschi steers the practice and has a very broad personal practice, leading on a variety of the firm's headline matters. Other notable names include head of competition, Enrique Felices; counsel Marifé Martinelli, who is strong on electricity, oil and gas and water regulations; and from a pool of ten well-trained associates, Omar Alvarado and Fabiana Vittoria.
Enel Distribución Perú
APM Terminals Callao
Tiendas por Departamento Ripley
SGS del Perú
Productos Tissue del Perú
Obrascón Huarte Lain
- Advising CenturyLink ion the public procurement process conducted by the Peruvian government for telecoms services, as well as in the execution of the contracts subscribed to with the Peruvian government.
- Providing administrative and regulatory advice to Inca Rail on its application to the Supervisory Agency for Investment in Transport Infrastructure for Public Use, (part of regulator OSITRAN), for mechanisms to guarantee fair competition between related and non-related companies to Fetransa (the concessionaire responsible for the administration of the railways) during the auction procedure for the designation of frequencies to provide transportation services on the Machu Picchu route.
- Acting for Obrascón Huarte Lain in respect of its bid for the expansion of the north section of Cosac I from Naranjal Station to Chimpu Ocllo Avenue, Districts of Comas and Carabayllo in Lima.
Muñiz, Olaya, Meléndez, Castro, Ono & Herrera Abogados
National firm Muñiz, Olaya, Meléndez, Castro, Ono & Herrera Abogados is well placed to advise companies around the country on their dealings with both local and central government and other administrative bodies. In this regard, the firm has a significant industrial client base, and acts Coca-Cola bottling company Corporación Lindley in an administrative procedure concerning the restriction on the transit of transport vehicles with certain weights and schedules in a bureaucratic barriers dispute with the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima. The multidisciplinary team is led by head of competition Pierino Stucchi who has a broader regulatory skillset; firm senior partner and administrative lawyer Rolando Salvatierra; and José Antonio Bezada, who advises on economic administrative law, elimination of bureaucratic barriers and administrative sanctioning procedures.
Pierino Stucchi; Rolando Salvatierra; Elard Dianderas
Grupo Inmobialirio Edifica
Savino del Bene del Peru
Corporacion de Industrias Standford
- Acting for Corporación Lindley in an administrative procedure for the elimination of bureaucratic barriers imposed by the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima that restricts the transit of transport vehicles to certain weights and schedules.
- Advising Terpel on an amparo process whereby the purpose is to eliminate a fine of almost $19m imposed by INDECOPI, on the grounds of a violation of the right to due process based upon the right to be judged by an independent and impartial body.
- Representing Optical Technologies in contentious administrative lawsuits to question a variety of resolutions imposing fines that were issued by the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima.
The practice at Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados advises a high-calibre client base on a variety of dealings with municipal, regional and central government, as well offering administrative and regulatory capability across a range of industries. Notably, it has a particularly strong works-for-taxes practice lead by counsel Karen Angeles, advising clients on socially-relevant infrastructure project investment in exchange of reductions in income tax; the team is acting for the country's largest bank, Banco de Crédito del Perú (BCP), in this regard. Head of practice Gerardo Soto has deep expertise in regulatory and administrative law, with specialist industry knowledge in energy, telecommunications and transport infrastructure. Senior associate Michelle Aramburú is a name to note.
‘Extensive knowledge of professional practice in the field. The support received has been clear, timely, efficient and effective.’
‘Quick service, trust, complete availability. I have had the opportunity to work directly with Carlos Baldeón.’
‘Attorneys respond to enquiries quickly and in a timely manner. They deliver all orders on time. All the writings written by the lawyers are very well written, we are very satisfied with their service.‘
‘The lawyers have a high degree of knowledge in their area of expertise.’
‘Excellent team, with a lot of experience in regulatory matters, especially in the port and transport sector. They have very good availability and are always on top of matters (monitoring and coordination for example) which is highly valued by our company.’
‘Gerardo Soto is a lawyer with a lot of experience in complex regulatory matters, highly recommended in the regulatory practice of the port sector and in matters related to regulators. He is a partner who is 100% present in the matter, which is the most important thing and what differentiates the firm from others.’
‘They have extensive and in-depth knowledge of energy sector regulation, which allows them to have a broad vision of the business in which our company invests. In addition, given the portfolio of projects that the Peruvian state promotes through Proinversion, knowledge of public law is essential, which the Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Perez Abogados law firm handles very well and better than other law firms.’
‘Their technical knowledge coupled with a great capacity for individual and team response. Unlike some competitors, the speed and strategic vision of the professionals of this law firm makes the difference.’
Cosco Shipping Ports (Terminal Portuario Chancay)
APM Terminals Callao (Callao Port – Northern Piers)
Banco de Crédito del Perú
Sura – AFP Integra
Limgas Natural del Perú (Grupo Lipigas)
Asociación de Bancos del Perú
Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- Day-to-day regulatory advice provided to Inca Rail on regulatory and administrative matters before public entities such as the Ministry of Transport and Communications, regulator (OSITRAN) and other local authorities, including advice on the impact of the State of Emergency due to COVID-19.
- Day-to-day counsel on regulatory matters to América Móvil, the second largest telecom conglomerate in the country, including advice on administrative sanctioning proceedings initiated by regulator OSIPTEL.
- Comprehensive legal and project management advice to Banco de Crédito del Perú (BCP) regarding a slate of high-performance schools and other projects executed through the works-for-taxes mechanism.
Public law is a core area of practice at Rubio Leguía Normand, which has a strong track record in public procurement, public-private investment projects and regulatory advice across a variety of sectors. The practice is lead by Milagros Maraví, recognised througout the market as a leading professional in this arena, particularly in relation to public bids and regulatory in the energy and mining sectors. She is supported by experienced principal associates Arturo Ruiz, whose practice includes economic administrative law, public procurement, water law and municipal law; and Milagros Mendoza, who is strong in PPP and public procurement.
‘In-depth knowledge of the subject on which they work.‘
‘Recommend: Milagros Maraví, expert in public administrative law, regulation and PPP; Xenia Forno, expert in environmental law; Carlos Arata, expert in project financing; Milagros Mendoza, a PPP expert.‘
‘The strengths of the team are its great knowledge of the area of public law and regulation, its experience and its proactivity. They compare very favourably with teams from other firms.’
‘Milagros Maraví and Milagros Mendoza are great connoisseurs of the area, a lot of experience and proactivity. Very dedicated and focused on the client’s objectives.’
‘They have highly specialised leaders in public management, administrative law, regulations, mining law, criminal law and civil law. The strengths of the attorneys at Rubio are their predisposition to answer all questions immediately. Their answers are always assertive and well supported, which makes them very useful for solving the company’s legal problems.’
‘I have worked with excellent lawyers at the firm: Milagros Maraví, leader and an excellent legal and juridical support to defend, in a very well supported way, the best position of our company. The firm shows high standard of ethics and of compliance at all times.’
‘An important advantage of the team is having worked or knowing the same team as the counterpart. This generates confidence in the client both in what is being done and in the interpretation.’
‘Availability and good disposition. The associate with whom we worked was Milagros Mendoza, an excellent professional.’
Servicio de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado de Lima (Sedapal)
Asociación para el Fomento de la Inversión en Infraestructura (AFIN)
Projecto, Investigação e Engenhari de Pontes (BERD)
Huawei del Perú
- Acting for Servicio de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado de Lima (Sedapal) with regard to the expansion and improvement of the drinking water and sewage system for the Pachacútec Macro project in the district of Ventanill.
- Advising Everbridge on the implementation and start-up of the Emergency Early Alert Messaging System (SISMATE), which will guide and warn the population before, during and after the occurrence of an emergency or disaster via the population’s mobile devices.
- Acting for BERD (Projecto, Investigação e Engenhari de Pontes) on various selection procedures called by the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
Bullard Falla Ezcurra Abogados
Bullard Falla Ezcurra Abogados acts for a raft of high-profile public bodies and companies from highly-regulated industries, with many members of its team having formerly worked in-house at regulators themselves, such INDECOPI and OSITRAN, for example. The core of its practice is antitrust regulation, particularly contentious issues and arbitration, where it both represents and defends state organisations. Team co-heads Alejandro Falla and Eduardo Quintana are both leading competition lawyers with broader regulatory practices, while fellow co-head Lucía Villarán stands out for her experience in regulatory advice relating to energy, telecommunications and transportation infrastructure.
Alejandro Falla; Eduardo Quintana; Lucia Villaran
- Advsing a concessionaire of natural gas and LNG transportation on multiple regulatory matters, and in force majeur claims as a result of the Covid-19 lockdown measures.
- Acting for an electricity generation company in multiple regulatory matters, including a competition dispute with a competitor before INDECOPI.
- Advising a domestic telecoms company in an administrative procedure on alleged unfair competition practices involving spectrum sharing.
León e Iparraguirre Abogados
León e Iparraguirre Abogados is a competition, antitrust and public law boutique, advising a mainly domestic client base from a range of industries on regulatory and administrative matters. Clients include Corporación Lindley, bottler for Coca-Cola, medical supplies company Mifarma and insurer Pacífico EPS, demonstrating the sector versatility of the practice. Founding partners Luis Miguel León and Gianfranco Iparraguirre have broad caseloads that include both advisory and contentious matters, including administrative sanctioning procedures. A good-sized associate pool of seven provides valuable support.
Luis Miguel León; Gianfranco Iparraguirre
‘I have the best opinion about the service that the firm has been providing us. In particular, the knowledge, solidity and experience in administrative and regulatory law issues, as well as the practical and simple vision to answer our doubts or requirements. They are always available (24/7) and their responses are immediate.’
‘Luis Miguel Leon is a highly prepared lawyer, with extensive experience and a high capacity to understand and anticipate complex problems. He has great skills to express ideas in a simple way. Always up-to-date with the issues in the area, which allows us to have a better overview of the issues consulted. Finally, Luis Miguel is always on the lookout for us, constantly monitoring issues.’
Asociación de la Industria de Bebidas y Refrescos sin Alcohol (ABRESA)
Protecta Compañía de Seguros
- Represented Corporación Lindley in seven administrative and judicial cases related to a variety of administrative matters and bureaucratic barriers.
- Advised Banco Pichincha in administrative proceedings initiated by banking regulatory body Superintendencia de Banca y Seguro (SBS).
- Advised Banco Falabella in administrative proceeding initiated by the SBS.
A small but capable team at Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria typically advises on PPPs, public procurement processes and major infrastructure projects, with niche expertise in the highly-regulated aviation sector. Clients include multiple airlines, Telefónica del Perú and local and central government organisations. The very experienced Ronald Fernández-Dávila, a market-leading project finance lawyer, heads this practice as well as the firm's projects team, with much of the work at the firm overlapping. He is assisted at associate level by principal Carlos González Prada, who specialises in administrative procedures, including sanctioning and licensing; and the more junior Angelita Ruiz, who has a strong public law focus.
Ronald Fernández Dávila
‘Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria is a firm that has been working with us from the beginning and what we have always highlighted about them is the constant concern they have towards us, and the consistency of the quality of the service they are providing us. In the event of any concern or doubt there is someone who is always listening to the concerns that we may have. I don’t usually compare with other firms but we feel very confident with PPU in the litigation, corporate, real estate and administrative areas.’
Delta Air Lines
Telefónica del Perú
- Acting for Delta Air Lines in relation to several aviation matters (licensing and certification of air carrier operations, aviation regulation, among others) and on operational issues.
- Advising satelite operator O3b on the provision of its services not only in Peru but also around the world by managing all the legal arrangements necessary in the territory to allow the development of O3b System and its beam coverage over Latin America.
- Advising LATAM Airlines on filing lease and sublease-per-hour agreements of its aircrafts with the Public Registry of Aircrafts of Peru
Quiñones Alayza Abogados
Quiñones Alayza Abogados is best known for its expertise in the power industry, whether advising on complex regulatory issues or large-scale infrastructure projects. However, the firm also has regulatory expertise across other energy sectors and increasingly, the telecommunications industry - where it has been advising an international finance organisation in this regard. Founding partner Maria Teresa Quiñones is 'terrific' and is regularly called upon by clients and competitor law firms to provide expert opinion in ICSID arbitrations and domestic disputes regarding regulated matters, PPP, concessions and public procurement and contracting. Fellow partner Lucia Olavarría is noted for her regulatory knowledge and litigation skills. Three associates left the firm at the end of 2020/early 2021, but Marco Castañeda was hired from the Environmental Evaluation and Enforcement Agency (OEFA) in January 2021.
Maria Teresa Quiñones
‘We retained Maria Teresa Quinones Alayza as an energy/electricity/administrative law expert for an ICSID proceeding involving the Republic of Peru’s interferences with development, construction and operation of a hydroelectric generation plant and transmission line under the Renewable Energy Resources programme. She was ideally suited to provide expert testimony given her substantial experience in assisting developers and operators obtain appropriate authorisations under the RER Programme.’
‘Maria Teresa Quinones is terrific; extremely analytic; articulate (in English and Spanish); well-organised; and insightful. She is a pleasure to work with. ‘
- Providing an expert opinion to a well-known Peruvian law firm concerning an international investment arbitration before ICSID regarding the Peruvian regulatory framework involving infrastructure concessions and PPP contracts.
- Advising an international finance organisation on the development of a national telecommunications plan.
- Advising an international finance organisation on the development of a methodology to determine infrastructure sharing costs.
Santiváñez Abogados is pre-eminent in all legal issues, public or private, in the power sector, but also has expertise in other highly-regulated industries, such as natural resources and communication networks. Government agencies and state-owned companies make up a significant proportion of the firm's client roster, and includes ProInversión, the Ministry of Energy and Mines, Electro Perú and Empresa de Generación Eléctrica del Sur (EGESUR). Leading partners at the firm, Roberto Santivañez, Paul Súmar and Fidel Rocha co-head the practice, with all three strong in regulatory issues, particularly in the power sector. Associates Fredy Bautista and Sandra Acosta are names to note.
Paul Súmar; Fidel Rocha; Roberto Santiváñez
‘Excellent professionals, handling the regulations of the sector, good disposition towards the client, concerned about solving any doubts and queries that we may have as soon as possible.‘
‘Our lead attorneys at the firm are Roberto Santiváñez and Luigi Rossini. Their characteristics are: willingness, empathy, proactivity, experience and innovation in their proposed solutions or improvement opportunities for our company. We are very happy with the development of their management and the advice they provide us. ‘
Ministerio de Energía y Minas
Electro Sur Este (ELSE)
Empresa de Administración de Infraestructura Eléctrica (ADINELSA)
Electro Norte (ENSA)
Electro Nor Oeste (ENOSA)
Consorcio Energético de Huancavelica (CONENHUA)
Tarucani Generating Company (TARUCANI)
Concesionaria Hidroeléctrica Sur Medio (CONHIDRO)
Empresa de Generación Eléctrica del Sur (EGESUR)
- Advising mulitple electric generation and distribution companies, including Electro Norte and Electro Noroeste, during the heavily regulated process of setting the energy distribution rates that will be in effect for the four-year period between 2019 and 2023, which are established by government agency OSINERGMIN every four years.
- Assisted the Peruvian Ministry of Energy and Mines in the definition of the optimal organizational structure for the entity and other regulatory matters regarding the administration of $175m in FISE funds.
- Advising the Ministry of Energy and Mines on public law issues related to the recent rural electrification subsidies’ regulation approved by the Peruvian government. Work includes advising on the best way to regulate in a complementary way the delivery of subsidies to promote this programme, both for new connections and to improve current electrical networks.