The numerically small team at Hernández & Cía. Abogados punches above its weight advising a strong client roster on the entire life-cycle of electricity projects, from financing and drafting construction contracts through to the regulatory aspects of project development, interconnection and operational matters. Clients, comprising a broad mix of electricity and renewable energy companies, financiers and developers, highlight the firm's 'extensive experience’ in the sector and its 'availability, knowledge and careful management’. Lead partner (and current President of Peru's Renewable Energy Society), Brendan Oviedo enjoys a high profile across the sector; he leads a 'well-organised’ team comprising senior associate Evelyn Lopez (who's past experience includes five years at COES), and associate Daniela Falcone (environment, energy and infrastructure projects) who does 'excellent work’; both are recommended by clients.
Electricity in Peru
‘It is a team with extensive and recognised experience in the energy sector, and they are always actively participating in possible changes and in regulatory debates. A point to highlight is also the flexibility they have and the ability to provide solutions.’
‘Recognised experience far superior to the competition and very quick response to urgent orders. Brendan Oviedo is a flagship energy partner and has a very well organised team, where Evelyn Lopez and Daniela Falcone stand out.’
‘I feel that it is very easy for them to understand my issues and to support us. I think they work well as a team. They have always solved our problems positively.’
‘Brendan Oviedo is very knowledgeable about the energy sector. He is very willing to help and seek solutions for our problems. Very easy to communicate with him.’
‘Leader in the Peruvian electricity sector.’
‘Hernández & Cía. Abogados are always available. We have worked with them on some legal agreements on electrical connectivity and they have advised efficiently, they have been accessible all the time and have valuable experience in the electricity sector and in the Peruvian electricity market.’
‘Their availability, knowledge and careful management are highlights. Brendan Oviedo , Evelyn Lopez and Daniela Falcone are recommended. The management of this team is agile and they do their best to obtain the requested results.’
‘The Hernández energy team has excellent legal and casuistic knowledge of the electricity sector. One of their greatest strengths is the great knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects of the projects, which allows them to provide solutions that go beyond the legal and obtain the expected results. Likewise, it is not common for energy lawyers to dominate other areas, but the Hernández energy team has an excellent command of the various aspects that involve the development of an electrical project (property, environmental, regulatory, etc), which allows us to lean on them in more than one subject. Brendan Oviedo and Daniela Falcone do excellent work.’
‘Grenergy has worked with Estudio Hernandez on different agreements for the connection of its wind and solar projects. The team in charge: Brendan Oviedo and Evelyn Lopez, have shown commitment and professionalism in their assignments, which has given us great satisfaction. They have sufficient cross-cutting knowledge, not only electrical regulatory but also financial, environmental and social. The team has been orderly, committed, proactive and methodical in achieving our goals and objectives. We have had the opportunity to work with Brendan Oviedo and Evelyn Lopez who have solid regulatory and technical knowledge of the electricity market, which has helped us strategically propose the legal strategies of the company.’
‘High standard energy experts for the market, agility in response, creativity and experience in solutions. Brendan Oviedo: very good in the strategy process leading to very good final results.’
‘The firm advises us on all M&A issues, both at the documentary and regulatory levels, and lately regarding the replacement of solar panels in our renewable energy plants in Peru. Its knowledge of the public sector has not allowed to obtain in a timely manner various permits related to share transfers and especially the Legal Stability Agreements. I’d highlight the firm’s transversal knowledge of not only electrical but also financial regulatory.’
Banco International del Peru – Interbank
Concesionaria Línea de Transmisión CCNCM
Consorcio Transmantaro (CTM)
Alupar Investimento (La Virgen)
Comité de Operación Económica del Sistema Interconectado Nacional – COES
Empresa de Generación Eléctrica de Junín
Bank of China, Luxembourg branch (BOC)
Fenix Power Peru
Energy Development Corporation Peru
- Acted for Fenix Power Peru on: (i) the regulatory aspects of the granting of renewable energy power concessions; and (ii) a legal feasibility report to develop renewable energy projects in Peru.
- Advised Concesionaria Línea de Transmisión (CCNCM), the concessionaire of the 220KV Carhuaquero-Cajamarca Norte- Cáclic-Moyobamba transmission line project and associated substations, on amendments to its concessions agreement.
- Advising Grenergy Renovables on two interconnection agreements – for the Duna and Huambos wind power plants (both 18.4MW) – in order to allow Grenergy to deliver powere to the National Grid.
Luis Marcelo De-Bernardis at Miranda & Amado is a 'benchmark in the electricity sector’. His commanding grasp of Peruvian electricity regulation is matched by few in the market and consequently, he acts for a slew of dominant electricity companies from home and abroad, in both an advisory and litigious capacity. He is currently representing Engie Energía Peru in two judicial challenges to decisions by regulator OSINERGMIN concerning tariffs. He leads a team of six non-partners, including: counsel Marifé Martinelli, who has 19 years' experience advising on regulatory and administrative law matters in the power sector; senior associate Pedro A Morales, who is an 'important ally when negotiating trade agreements’; and associate César Ramírez, who does 'impeccable work.' The team is backed by tier one colleagues in corporate and finance for top flight transactions in this dynamic sector.
‘I highly rate their experience and knowledge of the electrical sector. They are proactive in the search for solutions, always understanding the needs of the client.’
‘Luis Marcelo De-Bernardis has extensive experience and understanding of the sector, which allows him to provide very creative solutions to the legal/regulatory problems we face.’
‘Their knowledge of the Peruvian electricity sector, as well as the commercial approach they manage, makes them a strategic ally when analysing our investment opportunities. Certainly, they differ from other traditional law firms, where the advice is often limited to detailing what the regulations say on a certain topic.’
‘Luis Marcelo De-Bernardis is a benchmark in the electricity sector. He knows each of the subsectors (generation, transmission, distribution) very closely, so his advice is usually holistic, which generates a high added value. Associate Pedro A. Morales is a specialist in regulatory issues in the sector. His experience, the product of having worked in the Economic Operation Committee of the Peruvian electricity system (COES), makes him an important ally when negotiating trade agreements. Finally, we highlight the work of César Ramírez, an associate of the firm, who has led several due diligence exercises. His impeccable work has allowed us to identify significant risks in order to make an investment decision, allowing us to eliminate them or mitigate their impact in a timely manner.’
Engie Energia Peru
IC Power / Kallpa Generacion / Cerro del Aguila / Samay / ORAZUL Energy
Empresa de Generación Huallaga – EGH
Enel Generación / Enel Distribución
ISA REP – Red de Energía del Peru
Atlántica Yield / Aby Concession Perú / ATN / Aby Transmisión Sur / ATN2 / Hidrocañete.
Minera Chinalco Peru
Petroperu (Proyecto de Modernización de la Refineria Talara)
Infraestructuras y Energías del Peru
- Advising Samay I (Inkia Energy) regarding permits, regulatory issues and disputes related to the financing, construction and operation of the 720 MW Puerto Bravo non-spinning reserve power plant in Mollendo, southern Peru; valued at $400m.
- Representing all the electricity companies of the IC Power group (Kallpa Generacion, Cerro del Aguila, Samay and ORAZUL Energy) on regulatory matters, litigation, financing, administrative procedures, and permits, among others, including acting for Kallpa in disputes before COES against other generation companies.
- Acting for Engie Energía Peru in a range of administrative procedures, negotiation of contracts and acquisitions of projects, including two judicial review proceedings challenging tariff decisions by regulator OSINERGMIN.
- Principal adviser in Peru to all the companies of the Atlantica Yield Group. Work includes acquisitions of transmission systems and power plants, and project development, such as the Nuevo Imperial hydro plant.
Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados remains dominant in the sector, despite the 2018 departure of former head of practice and leading light Maria Teresa Quiñones to form her own firm, Quiñones Alayza Abogados. The well-trained, 13-strong team, led by Verónica Sattler, has expertise across the full array of electricity matters, from generation and transmission to distribution. Consequently, it acts for a broad spread of major players in the sector; most notably, Sempra Energy, which the team advised on the $3.6bn sale of its Peruvian businesses - comprising Luz del Sur (generation), Inland Energy (generation) and Tecsur (an electrical construction company) - to China Yangtze Power International (CYP), in what was the largest ever transaction in the sector. The practice groups is also to be reckoned with on the regulatory front, where Alejandro Manayalle and experienced counsel María del Rosario Quiroga provide top flight advice and analysis; both are names to note.
Luz del Sur
Fénix Power Perú
Grupo Red Eléctrica (Red Eléctrica del Sur, Transmisora Eléctrica del Sur, Transmisora Eléctrica del Sur 2 and Transmisora Eléctrica del Sur 3)
Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde
Compañía Minera Antamina
Pan American Silver – Shahuindo, Yamobamba, La Arena and ETC (ex TAHOE Resources’ companies)
Ergon Peru – Tozzi Green
- Advised Sempra Energy on the $3.6bn sale of its Peruvian business – Luz del Sur (distribution), Inland Energy (generation) and Tecsur (electric construction company) – to China Yangtze Power International (CYP).
- Successfully advised Luz del Sur on a challenge to OSINERGM’s rates set for electricity distribution tariffs (VAD) for the period 2018-2022, saving the company $188m.
- Providing ongoing regulatory advice to Red Eléctrica de España’s Peruvian businesses (Redesur, Transmisora Eléctrica del Sur, TESUR 2, TESUR 3, TESUR 4 and Concesionaria LT CCNCM), related to their projects, including implementation, operation, concessions and energy-related disputes.
- Acting for Marcobre (Minsur) on all the regulatory aspects of the energy supply to its Mina Justa mining project, including the negotiation and drafting of main contracts for the power supply (PPA) and construction, interconnection, operation and maintenance of Mina Justa’s transmission facilities.
Santiváñez Abogados is synonymous with the Peruvian electricity sector, the energy specialist firm excelling in all areas of regulatory, corporate, projects and arbitration in the field. Pre-eminent figure, Roberto Santivañez, 'handles the legal framework to perfection’ and has 'incredible capacity to create solutions’. However, clients highlight the 'strength of their entire team’, which includes fellow co-heads of the practice Paul Súmar, who is principal advisor to public investment agency ProInversión regarding power concessions and projects; and regulatory specialist Fidel Rocha. They are assisted by 11 associates, among whom Abel Venero has a growing reputation. Former senior associate Licy Benzaquén joined Estudio Olaechea as director in February 2020. The firm's stellar expertise in this sector ensures a leading role in Peru's burgeoning renewable energy sector, which is likely to dominate the power market in the coming years.
‘The firm provides great legal services based on the professionalism and strength of its entire team. They cover a wide range of matters so you will always find a qualified partner with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve clients needs. They are client orientated always, available and reachable, which is a great advantage against other firms.’
‘Roberto Santivañez is probably the most knowledgeable lawyer in terms of the Peruvian electricity regulatory framework. He handles the legal framework to perfection and has an incredible capacity to create solutions tailored to the client’s needs. He also understands the technical and commercial side of the business which makes him the ideal partner.’
‘They have lots of experience in the electrical sector and that allows them to handle themselves fluently on different topics.’
‘Roberto Santivañez not only thoroughly knows legal electrical issues, but commercial ones, which allows him to give a complete advice that is unmatched.’
Anglo American Quellaveco
Electro Dunas and Peru Power Company (joint venture)
Tarucani Generating Company
Agencia de Promoción de la Inversión Privada – ProInversion
I Squared Capital
Electro Sur Este
Blue Water Advisors
Sociedad Eléctrica del Sur Oeste
Electro Nor Oeste
- Advising government investment agency ProInversion on all the regulatory aspects of the design and promotion of projects included in its 2015-2024 Transmission Plan.
- Acting for the subsidiaries of Nexa Resoruces in structuring and conducting the competitive bidding processes to select a power supplier for the El Porvenir, Atacocha and Cerro Lindo mines, and for the zinc metallurgical plant Cajamarquilla. The combined requirement equals 234MW, one of the largest bidding processes conducted for a single corporation; total value approximately $650m.
- Acting for multiple electricity companies, including Electro Sur Este, Electro Ucayali and Sociedad Eléctrica del Sur Oeste, on issues relating to the setting of distribution tariffs for the four-year period between 2019 and 2023.
- Represented Inkia Energy in its $348m acquisition of the remaining 25.1% stock in Kallpa Energy and Samay.
Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International
Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International has a very focused team in this sphere, advising on all the demands of companies in the sector, from major projects, financing, corporate matters, regulatory issues and arbitration. In 2019, it succeeded in winning $41m damages plus costs for state-owned power generator Electroperú in an international arbitration under UNCITRAL rules against Enel Generación, following a long battle. Maria del Carmen Tovar led the case and heads the practice; she is highly regarded for her knowledge in major infrastructure and energy projects. Ines Vazquez Vargas is highly praised by clients for her 'great proactivity’ and 'precision’.
‘Good practice in the area, especially the regulation of the electrical framework in the country; able to transfer the financial structure in legal documents; strong negotiating capacity against its counterpart, always putting the client’s objectives in front; 24/7 availability, with fast and professional execution.’
‘It was the first time that I worked with them and the performance of the office was outstanding, demonstrating capacity, knowledge and leadership of the project.’
‘Multidisciplinary team led by a lawyer specialised in the main matter involved. Their specialty and experience stand out, especially that of Maria del Carmen Tovar, Ines Vazquez Vargas, Claudia Cruces Valdivia and Andrea Espejo.’
‘The firm is very available, particularly Ines Vazquez Vargas, who is responsive to all requests.’
‘The Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International team has demonstrated knowledge in the energy area, practical knowledge of conflict situations and the negotiation of new contracts.’
‘We have worked directly with Ines Vazquez Vargas who has showed great proactivity to answer questions, enough passion to present the proposals and precision when reviewing the contracts that we are negotiating with new entities.’
Sociedad Concesionaria Metro de Lima Línea 2
Compañía Minera Santa Luisa
Agro Vision Comercial Productores Asociados
Electro Sur Este
- Successfully represented state-owned power generator Electroperú in an international arbitration under UNCITRAL rules against Enel Generación Perú concerning breach of a power purchase agreement, winning damages of $41m plus interest and costs.
- Advising Atria Energía in the development of Tulumayo IV and Tulumayo V Projects, which consists of two hydropower plants (139.4MW) and associated transmission lines in the Junín region.
- Acted for Compañía Minera Santa Luisa on long-term issues relating to its hydropower supply to the District of Huallanca, where it develops its mining activities.
LQG Energy & Mining Consulting
LQG Energy & Mining Consulting is a specialist legal, engineering, economic and project management consultancy that focuses on energy, mining and infrastructure. It's highly-regarded legal team is led by Carlos Gomero - formerly of various in-house roles at government and regulatory bodies - who advises on the regulatory and financing of electricity projects, concessions and privatisations, as well as commercial contracts, administrative law and disputes related to the electricity and wider energy sector. The high-profile Anthony Laub is also a key adviser. The firm acts for major domestic and international companies in the electricity and hydropower sphere, including Kallpa Generación, Inland Energy and Hydro Global Perú.
Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados’ regulatory partner, Gerardo Soto, has 'good experience in the sector and extensive knowledge of how the market works.’ Alongside Mayra Aguirre, who specialises in electricity regulation and administrative law, the pair offer a competitive practice, advising on large-scale transactions, administrative proceedings and regulatory matters to an impressive roster of clients. They include Enel Group, a key client of the practice, leading electricity generation company Electroperú and Fenix Power. The firm recently advised Generadora de Energía del Perú on tariff issues, as well as a force majeure event related to the development of Angel I, Angel II and Angel III hydroelectric power plants projects.
‘Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados is highly competent in this area. I emphasise that they have good theoretical and practical command of the topics consulted, and provide an effective response. Its performance is favourable compared to some other firms with larger teams.’
‘They stand out for the speed of understanding of the subject under consultation, and for their theoretical and practical command of the topics. In the case of Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados, I highlight that, being a small team, they provide a quick and effective response. I highlight the work of Gerardo Soto because, among other things, he has good experience in the sector and extensive knowledge of how the market works.’
Enel Green Power Perú
Enel Distribución Perú
Genrent del Perú
Conelsur LT (Group Transelec)
Grupo T-Solar Global
Gold Fields La Cima / Compañía Transmisora Norperuana
Compañía Transmisora Norperuana
Sociedad Minera Corona
Generadora de Energía del Perú
- Counsel to Enel Group and its Peruvian subsidiaries, including Enel Generación Perú, on all regulatory issues, including rate revision procedures, compliance with regulatory requirements to operate as power generation concessionaires and representation in sanctioning and administrative proceedings before local authorities.
- Acted for Transmisora Norperuana Holdings (BVI) on the transfer of 100% of the shares of Compañía Transmisora Norperuana to Transelec Group, including advising on an addendum to the electricity transmission services agreement between Compañía Transmisora Norperuana and Gold Fields La Cima.
- Advised Generadora de Energía del Perú on various regulatory queries related to tariff procedures and declaring a force majeure event related to the development of Angel I, Angel II and Angel III hydroelectric power plants projects.
Quiñones Alayza Abogados
Quiñones Alayza Abogados’ Maria Teresa Quiñones is possibly the most sought-after electricity regulatory lawyer in Peru. The former head of practice at top-tier firm Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados opened her own boutique in 2018 and is rapidly expanding, adding three to the team over the last year: Lucia Olavarría joined as partner in January 2020, from Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International, and associates Geraldine Izaguirre and Jorge Alvarado joined from EY Peru and Miranda & Amado respectively. Clients include market leaders in Kallpa Generación and Luz del Sur, while Quiñones is often called upon to provide expert or second opinion in arbitrations and general advisory matters.
‘They have exceptional knowledge of the energy and natural resources industry. The case in which we collaborated with Maria Teresa Quiñones was about renewable energy resources, in particular hydroelectric plants. She demonstrated an admirable administrative law expertise that helped us craft a strong strategy in an ICSID case.‘
‘We work closely with Maria Teresa Quiñones and Jorge Alvarado. The team was extremely creative in developing a strategy for our case. They worked a lot and presented a report of more than one hundred pages. There is no other group in Peru that has the level of sophistication of Quiñones Alayza Abogados in this area.’
NEXA Resources Peru
Ontario Teachers Pension Plan (OTPP)
Luz del Sur
Compañía de Minas Buenaventura – CONENHUA
- Advising Kallpa Generación on the design and implementation of transmission and power-supply schemes.
- Acted for an international consortium of pension funds, incluidng two Canadian pension funds and an institutional investor from United Arab Emirates, on the regulatory due diligence of its potential acquisition of Sempra Energy’s 83.6% stake in Luz del Sur, which was eventually sold to China Yangtze Power (CYP) for $3.6bn.
- Advised Luz del Sur on the merger control implications of its integration with CYP following acquisition, given CYP’s existing power projects (Chaglla and San Gaban). INDECOPI granted approval in April 2020.
CMS Grau provides an 'excellent quality of service’ with 'good professionals’ who have 'demonstrated solidity in their knowledge of the electrical sector.' The firm is strong across the wider energy sector, both locally and globally, and is advising some of the largest companies in the electricity market on administrative and judicial proceedings against regulators and competitors. Administrative and public law partner Ramón Huapaya heads the practice alongside energy and natural resources specialist Carlos Hamann. The team is currently handling a number of matters for Enel Distribución.
‘They have an excellent quality of service, good professionals with a great predisposition and immediate availability to us.’
‘We are satisfied with the performance of the lawyers at CMS Grau, given that they are highly trained in matters of public and regulatory law. In the relevant proceedings, they have demonstrated solidity in their knowledge of the electrical sector; likewise, in relation to response times, the firm is always on time. Associate Nestor Shimabukuro is a responsible and committed lawyer with each case that he is in charge of, always ready to answer any query that arises from us. He provides us with high quality solutions in a timely manner.’
Luz del Sur
Empresa de Generación Huanza
ENGIE Energía Perú
Ministry of Energy and Mines
Aluz Clean Energy
Corporacion Andina de Fomento (CAF)
- Successfully defended Enel Distribución in a $10m claim brought by Termochilca before the energy regulator OSINERGMIN for an alleged breach of a power purchase agreement (PPA).
- Representing Empresa de Generación Huanza in proceedings against the National Water Authority before INDECOPI to eliminate bureaucratic barriers relating to water use permits.
Muñiz, Olaya, Meléndez, Castro, Ono & Herrera Abogados
In a memorable year for Muñiz, Olaya, Meléndez, Castro, Ono & Herrera Abogados, it landed the largest-ever transaction in the electricity sector acting for China Yangtze Power (CYP), subsidiary of China Three Gorges, on its $3.6bn acquisition of Sempra Energy's interests in Luz Del Sur. Senior partner and electricity and administrative lawyer Rolando Salvatierra played a key role in the deal. He leads a small but able team that is lead advisor to a number of electricity distribution companies, such as Distriluz Group and Consorcio Eléctrico de Villacuri, acting in both an advisory and contentious capacity.
‘Rolando Salvatierra – his specialty in energy issues are of great contribution to the progress of our company.’
‘The firm’s strong point is its experience in the sector. Furthermore, it has a full staff of lawyers in all areas, which complements the work that one may be doing with a lawyer in a particular sector.’
‘Rolando Salvatierra has extensive knowledge and experience in the electrical sector. He also demonstrates wide communication and transparency.’
China Yangtze Power
Hydro Global Peru
Tawa Solar Fund
Consorcio Eléctrico de Villacuri
Corporación Minera del Perú
- Acted for China Yangtze Power, a subsidiary of China Three Gorges, on its $3.6bn acquisition of Sempra Energy’s interests in Luz Del Sur.
- Acting for Hydro Global Peru – a joint venture between China Three Gorges and EDP Energias from Portugal – in relation to regulatory and contractual matters concerning the San Gaban III power plant project, including a force majeure qualification request before the Ministry of Energy and Mines due to delays in the construction of the plant’s 22.9kV transmission line.
Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria offers strong regulatory support for transactions and project financings in the electricity sector, as well as complex dispute resolution capabilities. Senior counsel Carolina de Trazegnies is formerly of regulator OSINERGMIN and prior to that, leading arbitration firm Bullard Falla Ezcurra Abogados; she focuses on market regulation and dispute resolution, and is highly praised by clients for both. Senior associate Romina Stucchi joined the firm in June 2019 from government economic body FONAFE and focuses on the corporate and financing side of the sector.
‘As an internal lawyer, I need to be sure that there is a complete management of the business logic of our company, in order to receive optimal and comprehensive legal advice when requested. The team at Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria has experience and knowledge of the sector and competes positively with teams from other law firms with which we also work.’
‘Carolina de Trazegnies manages the energy area, and highlights her knowledge of the sector and previous experience as a lawyer at OSINERGMIN. Marco Castañeda, who works in the team with Carolina, also stands out for his knowledge of the sector and his specialised master’s degree in the subject and has complemented the team in an ideal way with his previous knowledge and experience.’
‘The quality of the lawyers is excellent, in particular Carolina de Trazegnies. She has a deep technical knowledge of energy issues and the ability to explain it. She has excellent command of the English language. The firm’s customer service is impeccable and their response times too.’
‘Carolina de Trazegnies has much more mastery of energy issues than other attorneys from other firms with whom we have had an opportunity to work. In addition to her knowledge, Carolina is fluent in international litigation (particularly arbitration) being able to advise comprehensively in energy-related litigation. She is meticulous in her work and always ready to receive feedback. She is the best lawyer we have had the opportunity to work with in Peru.’
‘The firm has high knowledge of electrical regulations and related mergers and acquisitions. Very good internal coordination between the lawyers, which makes the quality of the service comparatively better than other firms in Peru.’
‘They have an important capacity for analysis and diagnosis that transmits confidence to the client. Competitors are generally less accurate than Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria in their analysis and diagnosis. The firm has a high ability to track issues. Among the outstanding lawyers I can mention are Rafael Boisset and Romina Stucchi.’
Transelec (Conelsur LT)
- Acted for Grenergy Renovables on the $40m financing of two wind farms located in Cajamarca and the subsquent negotiation of EPC contracts and interconnection agreements.
- Advised Chile’s electricity transmission companyTranselec, and Peruvian subsidiary Conelsur, on the acquisition of all the shares of Compañía Transmisora Norperuana, located in the Cajamarca region, from Gold Fields.
Rubio Leguía Normand continues to build its expertise in this field, providing sound regulatory and market knowledge to support transactions and projects in the electricity sector, as well as public law issues, such as concession agreements. Clients repeatedly refer to the welcome blend of partner experience with associate talent and accessibility. Practice head Daniela García Belaunde, formerly of LQG Energy & Mining Consulting, is steadily building a successful practice, supported by three associates, including principal Katherine Yesquén Lihim, who is 'committed to her work and proactive.'
‘A team that excellently combines the experience and strength of consolidated professionals in the sector and young professionals of great talent, knowledge and highly committed to providing a high-quality service. The firm exhibits clear advantages compared to other law firms.’
‘We highlight a wide experience and knowledge that provides solidity, confidence and security for internal lawyers. On the other hand, the talent of the youngest lawyers offers great accessibility to permanent consultations without necessarily having to resort to the most senior partners, which positively impacts invoicing without sacrificing the quality of work.’
‘Development of creative and successful solutions to regulatory problems in a short period of time according to customer operations.’
‘It is a close, committed office with a very high level of experience and capacity, which allows solving all the doubts that arise as the process/project progresses. I believe that their commitment and involvement of partners and associates is above the sector average.’
‘Both partners and lawyers are very involved in the project and have a lot of closeness and commitment to the client. I think they have experience in previous similar transactions that makes them add a lot of value. I would especially mention Daniela García Belaunde (partner) and Katherine Yesquén Lihim.’
‘The team has wide experience in the electricial sector. Also, they have solid knowledge. The main associate, Katherine Yesquén Lihim, is committed to her work and is proactive.’
Red Eléctrica de España
Grupo Energía Bogotá
Comité de Operación Económica del Sistema Eléctrico Interconectado Nacional – COES
Enel Green Power
San Martín Contratistas Generales
- Acting for Concesionaria Linea de Transmision CCNCM (a subisdiary of Red Eléctrica de España and concessionaire of the Transmission Line 220 Cajamarca–Caclic–Moyobamba, concerning changes to its concessions agreement, particularly with regard to the Ministry of Energy and Mines’ latest update of the Transmission Lines Plan 2019-2028.
- Represented Terna Plus on its participation in the public tender for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of transmission lines in Peru.