Ward Hadaway is highly experienced in handling the tax aspects of corporate reorganisations, acquisitions and disposals, and private equity deals. In addition, practice head Paul Christian is an expert employee benefits, including employee share incentives. The department also regularly handles tax issues in conjunction with the firm’s private client team, especially on trusts law issues.
Corporate tax in North
Inn Collection Group
Bannatyne Group Plc
Total Capital Partners LLP
- Advised Inn Collection Group on its management incentive plan.
- Acted for eQuality Solutions Group on the management buy-out and a simultaneous acquisition of Amano Technologies.
- Provided tax advice to Total Capital Partners LLP in relation to the private equity funder acquisition in the secondary buy-out of PCML Holdings.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP handles the tax aspects of high-value corporate and property transactions; it is equally well-versed in tax structuring mandates. The team’s cross-disciplinary work also includes handling tax issues arising in the areas of banking, restructuring and employment law. Clients laud department head Jeremy Smith as ‘a very experienced corporate tax specialist’.
‘Deep subject matter knowledge with incredible service.’
‘Jeremy Smith. A very experienced corporate tax specialist who delivers time and time again.’
Vertu Motors plc
REG Power Management
Commercial Estates Group
- Advised Teesside-based department store Psyche Holdings on its sale to retail giant Frasers Group.
- Advising Commercial Estates Group on tax issues relating to a number of land promotion agreements entered into with owners of land.
- Assisted Crosspoint Holdings with the reorganisation of the corporate group to restructure debt obligations and to facilitate employee incentive arrangements.