Commercial, corporate and M&A in Luxembourg
Allen & Overy Luxembourg
Able to 'provide a one-stop-shop across all fields which might be required to be covered by an M&A process', Allen & Overy Luxembourg's four-partner team provides an 'exceptionally responsive and focused service' to leading asset management funds (EQT, Ares Management), financial services entities (Nordea, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken) and corporates (Johnson Controls, WPP Group). Marc Feider and Fabian Beullekens, who has a 'capacity to truly understand client needs', are both integral members of the team and provide 'real gravitas' on corporate and M&A mandates within the financial services and insurance sectors. The 'pragmatic and business-minded' Jacques Graas was recently promoted to partner in recognition of his flourishing private and public M&A practice. Counsel Marc Tkatcheff is 'terrific to work with' and provides 'top-notch expertise' on matters with a Latin American nexus.
‘The firm has a deep bench of talent and manages staffing well internally.’
‘I believe their expertise is a given, but what I have found that sets them apart is their ability to provide practical legal solutions and to work well cross-functionally across teams of other law and accounting firms.’
‘The team provides pragmatic and solution-oriented advice.’
‘Jacques Graas has an excellent knowledge of the market and the applicable legislation.’
Oaktree Capital Management
Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken
- Advised The Riverside Company, a global private equity firm, on the acquisition of La Galvanina, an Italian producer of premium private label and branded mineral water and traditional and organic soft drinks.
- Advised Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition by a MIRA consortium of Germany-based RWE’s 50.04% stake in Innogy Grid Holding, the Czech gas distribution system operator.
- Advised Advanzia Bank, a Luxembourg-based European online direct bank specialising in credit cards and card payment solutions, on its acquisition of the credit card issuing business of Catella Bank.
Arendt & Medernach has a 'unique experience of the Luxembourg market and regulations', which it exploits to good effect on behalf of clients from a myriad of industry sectors, including those in the highly regulated banking, insurance and asset management spaces. As well as his pivotal role on many of the most significant M&A transactions handled by the team, Laurent Schummer has also been central to the firm's market-leading strategic advice to insurance companies, including AIG, on their relocation to Luxembourg in light of Brexit. Recognised for his 'genuine and passionate advocacy of Luxembourg', Guy Harles provides 'commercial and strategic advice' to both established corporates as well as emerging start-ups conducting business in the country. Formerly head of the firm's New York office, Bob Calmes is a 'great problem solver' and provides an excellent international perspective on cross-border deals.
‘The firm’s partners have truly invested their time to get to know our business and to counsel us on direction which is all important within the local Luxembourg environment.‘
‘The firm provides a perfect bridge for a global corporation into the Luxembourg environment.‘
Procter & Gamble
Keurig Dr Pepper
Microsoft / Skype
- Advised private investment house, Ardian, on the sale of 24.92% of the share capital of the Luxembourg entity Encevo.
- Advised private equity fund Blackfin Capital Partners on its acquisition of SEB FundServices from Swedish bank, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken.
- Assisted Swedish bank, Carnegie Bank, with the sale of its Luxembourg subsidiary to the Luxembourg subsidiary of the Swiss bank Union Bancaire Privée.
Jointly headed by Christian Kremer and Katia Gauzès, Clifford Chance's two-partner team leverages strong institutional ties with leading private equity funds (including KKR, CVC and Permira) and is thereby at the forefront of many high-profile cross-border mandates utilising Luxembourg corporate structures. In addition to his transactional expertise, Kremer has advised financial services entities on their Brexit strategies, and has also continued to represent many fintech-related start-ups on their establishment and ongoing work in Luxembourg. Gauzès is particularly accomplished at handling private equity and real estate-related transactional work.
EQT fund management
Actis Partners Group
CVC Capital Partners
- Acted for China Southern Power Grid International on its €534m acquisition of a minority stake in Encevo.
- Advised KKR on its €3.6bn acquisition of mobile network operator Starlight SAS SFR.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on the Luxembourg aspects of its exit from and sale of Stage Entertainment.
Elvinger Hoss Prussen handles the full range of domestic and cross-border corporate and commercial matters, including advice on joint venture structuring, M&A mandates, restructurings and ongoing corporate housekeeping. Clients benefit from the expertise of many 'smart and business-oriented' lawyers including Pit Reckinger and Philippe Hoss, who both have vast experience advising on both public and private M&A.
Technology Crossover Ventures
Wesley Robert Edens
Silver Lake Technology Management
Hellman & Friedman
- Assisted Technology Crossover Ventures on its investment, through a Luxembourg structure, in Austrian TourRadar, a company operating and providing online-technology-solutions for the travel industry.
- Assisted Silver Lake with its $3bn acquisition of property portal ZPG plc.
- Advised Hellman & Friedman on the Luxembourg aspects of the merger of Nets and Concardis.
Headed from Luxembourg by the 'responsive' Nicolas Gauzès and supported by a vast international network, Linklaters' three-partner team is well positioned to provide the Luxembourg corporate structuring work underpinning a significant amount of major cross-border mandates handled by the firm. As well as providing effective support to other offices throughout the network, the team also regularly takes the lead on high-profile mandates, including its recent work for Chinese investment holding company, Legend Holdings, on its €1.5bn acquisition of a majority stake in Banque Internationale à Luxembourg. As part of his broad-ranging expertise, Gauzès has a focus on downstream transactional work for private equity clients. Other areas of strength for the team include real estate-related corporate work.
‘Efficient, fast and to the point.‘
‘Manfred Müller is very experienced.‘
Legend Holdings Corporation
Oppenheimer & Co., Inc
Elkem ASA and Bluestar Elkem International Co., Ltd. SA
ING Bank N.V.
Shurgard Self Storage SA
Qingdao Haier Co., Ltd.
GLL Real Estate Partners GmbH
SIX Group AG
- Acted for Legend Holdings, a Chinese investment holding company, on the acquisition of a majority stake in Banque Internationale à Luxembourg.
- Advised Oaktree on its sale of its outstanding shares in Countryside Properties plc.
- Advising Fidelity International on the acquisition of all the shares in Beaubourg, owner of the Luxembourgish headquarters (in the process of being built) of Proximus and Tango, the Belgian and Luxembourg leading telephone operators.
Jointly headed by Jean-François Findling and Elodie Duchêne, and able to leverage the resources of the firm's vast international network, Baker McKenzie's two-partner team provides 'tailor-made advice' to private equity, infrastructure and real estate funds on multi-jurisdictional M&A and restructuring matters.
‘Jean-François-Findling always makes himself available to discuss any type of request – big or small – and listen to his clients to ensure he stays close to their needs.‘
‘Associate Nicolas Clément has good communication skills, enabling him to always draw the right picture and propose the relevant options to his client.‘
Sun Create Richly Group
- Advised the Hong Kong-based Sun Create Richly Group, on its share deal acquisition of a commercial centre in the Lake Geneva region of Switzerland.
- Assisting a major global private equity firm with its multibillion-dollar acquisition of a European energy company.
Bonn Steichen & Partners has developed a particularly strong reputation advising fintech start-ups on their corporate and commercial concerns, including as it relates to their articles of association, corporate governance and regulatory issues. The 'very approachable and hands-on' Pierre-Alexandre Degehet is the key contact for fintech-related matters, while the 'efficient and reactive' Linda Harroch has a strong reputation for private equity M&A.
‘I can say that it was like having an internal legal team in my company. During such a crucial period this brought a fantastic added value to discussions with investors and partners.‘
‘Pierre-Alexandre Degehet is our go-to person for all matters of business law on the Luxembourg market.‘
‘Pierre-Alexandre Degehet and Kateryna Nevmerzhytska understand our business in the fintech sector, and the mindset we have as founders of a startup.‘
Next Gate Capital
Play Communication SA
Neox Capital SA
- Advising IT fintech unicorn Solutions 30 SE on various corporate and capital markets matters.
- Acting for Luxembourg-based company, IVS Group, on a range of corporate matters, including recasting its articles of the company and restructuring the existing financing.
- Advised the founders of fintech company, Next Gate Capital, on structuring the most efficient form of company and financing with the view to file an application form for obtaining the regulatory approval to launch the second part of the activity.
Dentons has a strong track record advising real estate funds on corporate and M&A work. Team head Gérard Maîtrejean is well regarded for his work on behalf of Chinese investors and Chinese companies looking to establish operations in the country. Clients also benefit from the team's ability to tap into the firm's extensive international network of offices on multi-jurisdictional mandates.
‘The firm’s lawyers are very proactive and responsive.‘
‘Their professionalism and efficiency are highly appreciated.‘
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise
Covalis Capital LLP
Vestas Investment Management
Dana Holding Corporation
Ho Bee Land Limited
SDAAC R&D center
Tuspark Technology Investment Europe S.à r.l
- Advised Vestas Investment Management on the indirect acquisition of warehouse buildings in Poland, Italy, the Netherlands and Finland.
- Acting for La Française on the acquisition of a 31,000 sq.m. office property on behalf of South Korean investors.
- Advising Barings Real Estate on the acquisition of five office buildings within Avalon Business Park, Madrid, Spain.
Benefiting from an 'in-depth knowledge of the Luxembourg market and its key stakeholders', KLEYR GRASSO's four-partner team is well placed to advise institutional investors and multinational companies across a range of corporate transactions (including M&A, takeovers and buyouts) and day-to-day commercial matters. The 'excellent' Rina Breininger has extensive M&A capability and takes the lead on behalf of core private equity client, TA Associates, on its downstream investments and disposals. Delphine Tempé is 'absolutely outstanding' and has enhanced the firm's capability on the private equity front following her arrival in July 2018 from Dentons.
‘The team is proactive in its efforts to deliver a higher quality work product than the standard practices you find on the market.’
‘Delphine Tempé is very focused, hardworking, diligent and fun to work with.‘
‘Renata Jokubauskaite is extremely reliable and is always available to support her clients.‘
Carl Kliem S.A.
Presto Interim S.A.
Lecta Group/CVC Capital Partners
- Assisted the shareholders of Carl Kliem with the sale of Carl Kliem S.A. to INTL Netherlands B.V.
- Advised Héroux-Devtek Inc, a leading international manufacturer of aerospace products, on the €137m acquisition of Compañia Española de Sistemas Aeronáuticos, a subsidiary of Airbus SE.
- Advising CVC portfolio company, Lecta, on ongoing corporate matters.
Often working closely with the firm's market-leading tax group, Loyens & Loeff provides a 'strong service' to corporates and funds across a range of work, including on restructurings, joint venture structuring and M&A matters. The team is perhaps best-known for its private equity-related work and it continues to advise leading sponsors, including EQT Partners and KKR, on the Luxembourg aspects of their downstream investment work. Team head Guy Palmaers regularly takes the lead on the highest-profile private equity-led mandates handled by the office. The 'smart and diligent' Michael Scott is also recommended for private equity M&A work, as well as distressed debt restructurings.
CPP Investment Board Europe
GDF Suez Global LNG Supply/Total
- Advised Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation on the Luxembourg and Dutch corporate and tax law aspects of its joint venture with ArcelorMittal.
- Assisting KKR-owned Pepper Money with its acquisition of UK-based second charge lender, Optimum Credit.
- Advising a group of noteholders on the restructuring and sale of a student housing property portfolio toTPG.
Headed by the 'bright and practical' Eric Sublon, the 'efficient and very client-oriented' team at Luther S.A. provides 'tailor-made services for international clients' across the gamut of corporate and commercial work. Increasingly active in the private equity space (with new clients including Beechbrook and Stirling Square Capital Partners) and also handling work for major multinational corporates including Altice Group, the team is appreciated for its ability to provide 'pragmatic and solution-oriented advice'. Leveraging its German heritage and network, the team also excels at handling work for German-based clients.
‘The knowledge the firm has in corporate and company law is really strong and deep.‘
‘There is a strong focus on providing practical solutions for clients.‘
‘Aurélien Latouche displays a reliable and practical approach.‘
‘Selim Souissi is proactive and goal oriented.‘
‘Mathieu Laurent is one of the best available in the country right now and effortlessly exhibits knowledge and expertise.‘
Lavorel Medicareand Bonitas Group
Realize Holdings (SPV Michal Topaz) and Manor Automotive
Stirling Square Capital Partners
- Advising entrepreneur Patrick Drahi on BidFair USA’s acquisition of Sotheby’s.
- Advised fund manager, Beechbrook Capital, on the Luxembourg corporate legal aspects in connection with a mezzanine financing for the acquisition of Robert Bürkle Group by the private equity firm Auctus Capital Partners.
- Assisting private equity firm Stirling Square Capital with the due diligence and other legal corporate aspects related to its acquisition of Oaktree’s entire stake in Verescence.
Benefiting from 'superb market knowledge' and a cohesive approach which draws in experts from the finance, funds and tax practice groups, Stibbe's two-partner team has an excellent reputation for acting for private equity groups, including KKR, on the Luxembourg structuring aspects of their downstream investment work and exits. Team head Gérald Origer 'has a valuable depth of experience and commercial mindset'; he recently assisted Investindustrial with the Luxembourg law aspects relating to the IPO of its portfolio company Aston Martin on the London Stock Exchange.
‘The firm knows our business inside out and feels like an in-house team.‘
‘The practical Gérald Origer is focused and responsive.‘
‘Johanne Mersch is a cornerstone of the team and a very good transactional lawyer.‘
Rhône Capital LLC
- Assisted Investindustrial with the Luxembourg law aspects of the IPO of its portfolio company Aston Martin on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised Global Healthcare Opportunities on the Luxembourg tax and corporate aspects related to its acquisition of Linimed Gruppe.
- Advised EFG Hermes, one of the leading private equity funds in the Middle East, on the sale of its 49% stake in a 998MW pan-European wind energy portfolio spread across Spain, France, Portugal and Belgium to a group of institutional investors.
Jointly headed by Frédéric Lemoine and Chantal Keereman, Bonn & Schmitt's seven-strong team advises international corporates and private equity groups on M&A mandates, restructurings and joint ventures across a range of industry sectors, including energy, technology and manufacturing.
Fanuc Europe Corporation
Credem International (Lux)
China Three Gorges Corporation
- Acted for EQT on its $2.5bn acquisition of Suse from the Microfocus Group.
- Assisted Capvis with the acquisition of a majority stake in Variosystems, a leading Swiss company active in the field of engineering and manufacturing services for electronic assemblies.
- Assisted VIC Properties with its acquisition of the Lisfundo Real Estate Investment Fund.
Hogan Lovells (Luxembourg) LLP's seven-strong team displays an 'excellent knowledge across Luxembourg corporate law and tax issues, supplemented by an expertise in handling cross-border European transactions'. The team is particularly active advising real estate funds on their acquisitions and disposals. Alexander Koch, who was promoted to the partnership in 2020, is praised for his 'efficient, no-nonsense service' across a range of matters from 'multi-jurisdictional cash pool arrangements to M&A transactions'.
‘The team provides solution-oriented advice.‘
‘The team is hardworking and dependable.‘
‘Alexander Koch understands the complex legal and tax issues in Luxembourg.‘
M&G Real Estate
- Advising M&G Real Estate on the Luxembourg aspects of its real estate acquisitions, including on an office real estate in Paris, a care home in Sweden and a 40,000 square metre warehouse in Germany.
- Advised Singapore-based property group CapitaLand, and its listed vehicle, on the acquisition of the major Frankfurt office complex Gallileo.
- Assisted Patron Capital with the sale of its portfolio company Optimum Credit to Pepper Money.
Able to tap into an established network of offices across the Benelux region and also regularly receiving referral work from international law firms, NautaDutilh is particularly accomplished at advising on cross-border public and private M&A transactions. The team is also regularly instructed on corporate advisory work, including advice on shareholder agreements and corporate governance matters. Team head Margaretha Wilkenhuysen and the 'outstanding' Romain Sabatier are both well versed at handling private equity acquisitions and disposals.
‘The corporate practice of NautaDutilh is quite unique in Luxembourg in its ability to take a legal view and stand by it even in volatile and complex situations.‘
‘Romain Sabatier is outstanding.‘
Bottega S.àr.l. (GrupoCimcorp)
Chenevari Financial Group Ltd
Otis Elevator Company
Orion Engineered Carbons S.A.
- Advised a leading financial investor in the European market on the sale of a payments group to a US global investment firm.
- Assisted a major Austrian bank with its takeover from a private equity firm of the remaining assets in a UK shopping centre portfolio.
- Assisted Onex Corporation with the IPO of SIGCombibloc Group on the Swiss Stock Exchange.
Now known as PwC Legal Luxembourg, following legacy firm MNKS' incorporation into the auditing giant's international network towards the end of 2018, the corporate team (headed by the 'empathetic and client-oriented' Catherine Baflast) offers enhanced capabilities to existing international and domestic clients of MNKS and PWC. Benefiting from an interdisciplinary approach which draws upon finance, corporate and tax expertise, the firm has a strong reputation advising corporates and private equity funds on cross-border mandates.
‘The firm was able to provide us with a high-quality advice on complex Luxembourgish law aspects of the transaction, in a manner which was understandable and clear, not only for us and other professional advisors involved in the project, but also for our clients.‘
‘Saskia Myners is a very positive character with a sympathetic attitude. She is always in control of her team, even when there are different topics and transactions at once and gives the client the feeling of being their number one priority.‘
Jointly headed by François Brouxel and Isabelle Charlier, Wildgen's team has a 'very strong M&A practice' on behalf of domestic and international corporates and private equity clients. Praised for its 'ability to navigate a complicated Luxembourg legal and compliance landscape', the team also has significant experience advising on corporate reorganisations and migrations, and assists clients with compliance and corporate governance matters.
‘Wildgen has experience in working with international clients on complex M&A matters.‘
‘The firm has deep knowledge of the relevant practices and legal framework.‘
‘The team is very responsive and provides excellent advice on current practices and most importantly has given us very good suggestions on different fiscal and corporate issues.‘
‘The firm has done an exceptional job and successfully helped us navigate a complicated Luxembourg legal and compliance landscape.‘
‘David Maria is absolutely recommended for his responsiveness and substantive and pragmatic advice to clients.‘
National General Holding Corp
Pharol / Bratel
Media Modern Acquisition
- Advised Schneider Electric on the merger by absorption of two of its Luxembourg financing entities.
- Assisted Portuguese-listed telecoms company Pharol, SGPS with its participation in the capital increase of Oi.
- Acted for Platinum Equity on the Luxembourg law aspects of the sale of the Exterion Media group to the British media company Global Radio.
Led by the 'hardworking' Nicolas Bernardy, Brucher Thieltgen & Partners' team combines 'excellent lawyering and a commercially switched on approach', to advise local and international entities on the spectrum of corporate, commercial and restructuring work.
‘The team was very dedicated to our request and the advice has solved our problems.‘
‘They are incredibly conscientious and responsive.‘
‘Nicolas Bernardy is very detail-oriented.‘
‘Nicholas Thieltgen is excellent at the commercial aspects and very easy to get on with.‘
- Advised a client based in Dubai on the entry, through the purchase of new and existing shares, of new shareholders in the share capital of its Luxembourg “sociétépar actions simplifiée”. which finances production in Dubai of SuperSport cars.
- Acted for the former directors of a Luxembourg company which was recently declared bankrupt in order to provide relevant information to the bankruptcy trustee on the past management of the company.
- Assisted shareholders of a Hong Kong holding company with the contribution of their shares into a newly incorporated Luxembourg holding company (contribution in kind) in order to have the shares of the Luxembourg company quoted at a later stage on the Euronext market in Paris.
Boutique firm CM Law is appreciated for its 'efficient, effective and responsive approach' across a range of corporate and commercial work, including M&A matters and group reorganisations. The signing at the beginning of 2019 of a collaboration agreement with Anderson Global enhances the firm's global credentials. Team head Raphael Collin handles a significant amount of cross-border private equity work.
‘The responsive team provides robust advice.‘
‘The firm really cares about the client, no matter the size of the project or of the client.‘
‘In addition to the quality of their work and responsiveness, the fact that they provide regular updates is really appreciated and make them better than other lawyers.‘
Led by out of Luxembourg by Julien Leclère and also able to tap into the expertise of lawyers throughout the globe by virtue of the firm's wide-ranging international network, CMS is well positioned to advise corporates, real estate funds and private equity sponsors on cross-border M&A mandates. Benefiting from a deep bench of associates, the team is also able to provide a cost-effective service on day-to-day corporate and commercial matters.
‘The cost-effective use of highly capable juniors was welcome.‘
‘Mélody Brunot proactively contributed to finding solutions and understanding our problems.‘
‘Andreia Carvalho Moreira combines extensive knowledge, experience and capacity to create solutions with a warm, easygoing and curious personality.‘
- Advising Marguerite on its investment in the Ellalink submarine cable system.
- Acting for Value4Capital on the acquisition of Polish waste management company Kom-Eko.
- Advised Euronext, the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, on its subscription of the entire €5m capital increase of Tokeny Solutions, resulting in a 23.5% stake and strong governance representation.
Led by funds expert Catherine Pogorzelski, DLA Piper's sweet-spot is in relation to handling the Luxembourg structuring aspects of cross-border M&A transactions where the team is able to work closely with the firm's vast international network of offices.
‘Impressive customer focus and attention to details.‘
‘Xavier Guzman never lets us down, which is key to being successful in this changing and challenging environment.‘
Axalta Coating Systems
- Advised Kleos Space, a Luxembourg-based company specialising in advanced technology in the space industry, from a start-up to an emerging corporate, through the issuance of A$11m Chess Depositary Interests on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- Assisted Gates Industrial with the restructuring of its European activities.
Jointly headed by Renaud Le Squeren and Mario Di Stefano, DSM Avocats A La Cour handles a broad array of ongoing corporate and commercial matters for local entities and international clients based in Luxembourg. The team also regularly handles cross-border M&A work across a range of industry sectors, including real estate.
Felten & Associes
Felten & Associes handles transactional and corporate support work for clients from a range of sectors, including real estate and financial services. The team is particularly noted for its ability to handle cross-border M&A matters; name partner Bernard Felten 'has experience in large and complex matters across a number of jurisdictions'.
‘Excellent attention to detail and professional and personalised service.‘
‘All Felten members work in synergy and go to great lengths for their clients.‘
‘Bernard Felten is a wise and experienced counsel who is able to sum up issues and problems quickly.‘
QUALION FINANCE S.A.
CAMPING INTERNATIONAL S.A.
PennLux Holding SARL
THC SICAV – RAIF S.A.
Office des Propriétaires
ALINE HOLDING S.A.
- Assisted Avicenne, the shareholder, with the over €20m sale of a holding company with pharmaceutical subsidiaries in various European jurisdictions, as well as the US and Japan.
- Acting for Luxembourg-based Qualion Finance on its first acquisition in Switzerland.
- Advising Ethias & Le Foyer on due diligences prior to a €50m share transaction to invest in a notable real estate asset in Luxembourg.
Although it is new in the market, offshore heavyweight Maples Group's Luxembourg office - which was established in October 2018 - has hit the ground running as a result of benefiting from a sizeable corporate team that joined en-masse from local firm AAMC. Marjorie Allo heads the corporate practice that has effectively been able to leverage the firm's strong funds practice to advise on the concomitant downstream investments.
- Advised Francisco Partners on the sale of the NSO Group to Novalpina Capital.
- Acted for Impala on the acquisition of real estate in Luxembourg.
- Assisted Saputo’s Luxembourg entities with the CND1.7bn acquisition of Dairy Crest Group Plc.
MOLITOR Avocats à la Cour SARL 'combines practical experience with a very good knowledge of the law in Luxembourg', enabling the firm to provide a 'professional and high-quality service' to clients from a range of industry sectors, including real estate, on ongoing corporate support, as well as M&A mandates. 'Responsive and knowledgeable' team head Chan Park is particularly strong at handling the Luxembourg aspects of cross-border M&A mandates, including those with a Korean nexus.
‘The firm comes up with creative solutions to complex issues.‘
‘Michel Molitor has great standing in the market.’
‘Michel Molitor is a seasoned lawyer with many years’ of experience.‘
Led by the 'outstanding' Bertrand Geradin, Ogier's team provides 'knowledgeable and responsive' advice to private equity funds, in particular, on cross-border M&A mandates. Although it is active in transactions across the spectrum of industry sectors, real estate and fintech are particular areas of expertise.
‘The team is responsive, constructive and efficient.‘
‘Bertrand Geradin is very user-friendly and responsive to client needs.‘
‘Hélène Arvis is technically strong.‘
- Advised a diversified company focused on providing marine geophysical services,autonomous underwater vehicle, research and development, homeland security and real estates services, on its dual-listing deal.
- Advised a private equity sponsor on the sale of a distributor of specialty chemicals and food ingredients.
- Advised a property investment company listed on the FTSE SmallCap Index and specialising in primary healthcare infrastructure backed by long-term government contracts, on a major acquisition of SPVs holding UK real estate.
Since its establishment in early 2018, TS&P has continued to pick up market share, particularly in relation to the investments made by asset management companies in the private equity, real estate and distressed debt/special situations areas. Team head Torsten Schmitt is the primary contact for corporate matters.
- Advised on domestic corporate and M&A matters relating to multiple private equity, real estate and distressed debt deals/cases.
- Assisting with the restructuring of aviation holding structures.
- Advised on the transfer of a UK company with multiple unrelated investors to Luxembourg.
The 'highly dedicated and efficient' team at VANDENBULKE handles a range of domestic and cross-border M&A work for corporates and private equity companies, in addition to handling restructuring matters and ongoing commercial work. 'Very professional' team head Laurence Jacques is a 'pleasure to work with'.