BonelliErede has a sizeable team in Genoa, specialising in transport, M&A and restructuring law, among other areas. Key lawyers include Marco Arato, who leads the restructuring and insolvency team and excels in extraordinary financial operations, Enrico Vergani, who heads the shipping and transport focus team and made partner in January 2021, and managing associate Filippo Chiodini, who has ‘decades of experience’ in the field of bankruptcy and corporate law. Of counsel Andrea La Mattina is also noted.
Genoa: leading firms in Italy
‘Experience, knowledge of the sector, interpersonal skills and flexibility.’
‘Excellent knowledge of the naval sector.’
‘Enrico Vergani is very good technically but also knows how to have a very practical angle when useful to simplify work and communication.’
‘Andrea La Mattina is always available and punctual and has a high level of professionalism.’
‘Total availability, skills at the highest levels and speed in response.’
‘Total availability of Andrea La Mattina to provide his excellent service and to coordinate his partners and colleagues according to clients’ needs.’
‘Vittorio Lupoli is able to identify ad hoc solutions in the context of extraordinary transactions. Furthermore, he has a great reputation among financial creditors, which allows him to be a reliable interlocutor in complex restructurings.’
‘Filippo Chiodini has decades of experience in the field of bankruptcy law and corporate law and has increasingly established himself as an emerging lawyer in this sector. Filippo, in particular, has developed significant expertise in debt restructuring that require extraordinary and distressed M&A transactions.’
Piaggio Aero Industries
- Assisting Piaggio Aero Industries S.p.A. under extraordinary administration in extraordinary receivership proceedings including, inter alia, assistance in the sale of the business complexes of the company and in the assessment of the bankruptcy liabilities.
- Advised Banca Carige in the context of the restart of trading on the MTA of the bank’s shares resulting from the capital increase approved by the extraordinary shareholders’ meeting on 20 September 2019 and of the “Banca Carige S.p.A. 2020-2022” warrants, as well as of trading on the MOT of “Banca Carige 2019-2029 Callable Tasso Fisso” bonds.
- Advised Gruppo Messina and Ignazio Messina on the closing of the restructuring agreement executed by the group and its financial lenders.
LCA Studio Legale has a growing Genoa-based team with 'a great deal of expertise' in the management of disputes relating to transport law, and 'strong negotiation skills'. Benedetto Lonato, Davide Magnolia and Riccardo Massimilla act as practice heads and are known as skilled professionals in private equity transactions, shipping, and national and international M&A, respectively. Giacomo Falsetta and Andrea Cuneo are also noted.
Benedetto Lonato; Davide Magnolia; Riccardo Massimilla
Other key lawyers:
Andrea Cuneo; Giacomo Falsetta
‘Competence, professionalism, attention to detail – harmony between members and strong leadership.’
‘Davide Magnolia and Andrea Cuneo together with their teams are characterised by reliability, flexibility and resilience to obstacles.’
‘Davide Magnolia: competence, dynamism, flexibility, excellent overview, ability to focus on the problem quickly.’
‘Giacomo Falsetta: professionalism, flexibility, open-mindedness in dealing with the problem submitted.’
‘The team has a great deal of expertise in the management of disputes relating to transport law and strong negotiation skills that few competitors possess. A certain flexibility in the application of professional rates is also worth mentioning. Finally, the periodic dissemination of presentations and white papers on topical legal topics, not only in the field of transport, is appreciated.’
‘High professionalism, high level of empathy, 360° availability, strong problem-solving skills.’
‘Davide Magnolia is a great professional, dedicated to his work, providing tailor-made customer service.’
‘In addition to being extremely competent, the team is incredibly present and attentive to every customer request with an infinitesimal processing time.’
Abitare in S.p.A.
Autogas Nord S.p.A.
Agrifarma S.p.A. (now owned by Permira)
Gismondi 1754 Spa
FOS Group S.p.A.
Gismondi 1754 S.p.A.
Xenon Private Equity
Formula Impresoft S.p.A.
Vision Group S.p.A.
CMA CGM SA
Jobson Italia S.p.a.
Impresoft Group Spa
Medcenter Cointainer Terminal
OMP Racing S.p.A.
Massenza Drilling Rigs S.r.l.
Dude Originals Srl
- Assisted Abitare In S.p.A. concerning the trans-listing process of its shares from the Italian MTF, AIM Italia, managed by Borsa Italiana S.p.A., to the MTA, eventually STARsegment.
- Assisting Jobson Italia S.p.a. in the formal investigation started by Genoa Port Authority to dig into the causes and reasons of the collision of my Le Rif (ferry), under the judicial custody of the client, with other yachts (over 40) and port infrastructures/buildings.
- Assisted sedApta S.r.l. in the corporate capital increase made by the Finnish telco company Elisa and in the acquisition of Connect Hub Digital Group from Thun Group, taking care of all the agreements involved and corporate government and strategy issues.