Agmon & Co. Rosenberg Hacohen & Co. provides a full service to clients engaged in residential, commercial, office and hotel projects. The team has particularly strong expertise in building licensing, compensation claims, betterment levies, and criminal planning and zoning proceedings. Recent work highlights include representing Bezeq in various matters before Israel's district planning and construction committees regarding its real estate projects. Avi Porten provides clients with advice on construction rights and regularly represents clients before planning and construction committees, appeals committees and other governing bodies. Eyal Mamo handles all aspects of planning and zoning across numerous sectors.
Planning and zoning in Israel
Avi Porten; Eyal Mamo
‘Very good service – strong availability and professionalism.’
The Builders Association of Israel
Residents of Yad Hana
ICC Jerusalem International Convention Center
Bezeq the Israeli Telecommunication Corporation Ltd.
Private landowners – individuals and corporations opposing the Metro line
Reality Investment Fund
Tadiran Batteries Ltd
Sha’are Zedek Medical Center
Zion Oil and gas Inc.
Gvaot Olam Oil Exploration Limited Partnership
Homeowners in the Givat Mordechai neighborhood of Jerusalem
City of David Foundation
Local and regional authorities,
Local councils and municipalitys,
Municipal Economic Corporations,
Local planning and construction committees
- Represented the Israel Builders Association in an administrative suit filed against the Ramat Gan Planning and Construction Committee.
- Advising ICL Corporate (Israel Chemicals) on various planning and zoning-related matters.
- Advising Energix Group on several renewable energy projects across Israel.
FISCHER (FBC & Co.) is regularly instructed by developers, lenders and various other clients to advise on large-scale projects, including new city plans across Israel. Its expertise is wide ranging and encompasses planning litigation, licensing and build permits, and negotiating with local authorities regarding development agreements, public works and numerous other matters. In an ongoing matter, the team is advising Silverstein Group on its development of a new city plan involving the construction of three buildings for mixed-use purposes spanning about 200,000 sq m. Amir Chen and Efrat Sharon are both extremely active in a wide range of real estate projects, demonstrating comprehensive expertise in relation to planning and zoning law.
Amir Chen; Efrat Sharon
‘The firm is one of the best in the real estate market. They have a lot of experience and knowledge in handling complex real estate transactions and matters, they know the market very well, and are well connected and very dedicated to their clients.’
The Jewish Agency for Israel
The Silverstein Company
Almi Group Ltd.
Amot Investments Ltd.
Clal Industries Ltd.
Grapholit Printing Industries Ltd.
Harel Insurance Ltd.
Itzik Tshuva Group
Lodzia Rotex Investments Ltd.
Menora Insurance Ltd.
Reit 1 Ltd.
Shikun & Binui Ltd.
Sufrin Investments Ltd.
Union Properties Ltd.
Ybox Real Estate Group
Z.F. Construction Company Ltd.
- Advising the Azrieli Group on a building project which involves the initiation of a new city plan in Petach Tikva.
- Advising the Silverstein Group in connection with a new city plan which will grant additional building rights for the construction of three buildings for hotel, residential, office and commercial uses, as well public areas covering approximately 200,000 sq m at a site near the coast of Tel Aviv.
- Advising the Jewish Agency for Israel on the planning process (together with the Tel Aviv municipality) for commercial and residential buildings and the restoration of a hotel building in the heart of Tel Aviv covering over 80,000 sq m.
Goldfarb Seligman & Co. recently merged with Rotenberg & Co, resulting in the expansion of its real estate and planning and zoning groups. The newly bolstered team advises a diverse roster of clients on all aspects of master zoning plans, licensing proceedings and administrative proceedings, predominantly related to urban renewal and residential projects. It is also well known for its leading expertise in land expropriation proceedings, betterment tax and municipal tax matters. Levy Amitay and Avi Arad are both highly active in advising clients on all stages of construction projects, including planning matters.
Levy Amitay; Avi Arad
Bayside Land Corporation Ltd.
Neve Gad Ltd.
Gindi Friedman Real Estate Entrepreneurship Ltd.
Property and Building Group
Canada Israel Group
Zemach Hammerman Ltd.
Minrav Holdings Ltd.
Ayalon Highway Company Ltd.
Cross Israel Highway Ltd., a g
Coca Cola Israel
The Elad Group
Amot Investments Ltd.
Menivim – The New REIT Ltd.
NTA – Metropolitan Mass Transit System
Shapir Civil and Marine Engineering Ltd.
Negev Natural Gas
Paz Ashdod Refinery Ltd.
Darom Natural Gas Ltd.
- Advising Ayalon Highways on the planning and zoning aspects of large-scale national infrastructure projects, including the Fast Lanes project, the Ofnidan project and the Rapid City project.
- Advising Canada Israel Group on various residential and commercial projects, including planning proceedings, objections and municipal tax.
- Advising Coca-Cola Israel on various projects in the planning and zoning field, including planning, licensing, municipal tax and litigation.
Hamburger Evron & Co. Law Offices & Notaries's practice advises and represents entrepreneurs and corporations involved in complex developments, including national master plans and large urban renewal projects. Its expertise is all-encompassing and includes negotiating with planning and zoning authorities in relation to administrative, commercial and civil law matters, and representing clients in litigation arising from alleged breaches of planning law. Recent work highlights include advising a joint venture comprising Shikun & Binui and the Meshulam Levinstein Group in relation to the construction of a new residential centre in the Tel Aviv central station. Haim Waintrob is well known for assisting clients with city building plans and representing them in all legal proceedings related to their projects. Ronen Yardeni has notable expertise in Tama 38 projects in various cities across Israel.
Haim Waintrob; Ronen Yardeni
Shikun & Binui Real Estate Development
Shikun & Binui Renewable Energy
Shikun & Binui
The Meshulam Levinstein Group
H2ID WATER DESALINATION
EWAVE real estate
Zilbermintz and Son Ltd.
YUVALIM GROUP PROJECTS LTD
Blue Square Real Estate Ltd.
The Israel Land Development Company (ILDC)
The ‘Hof Hatchelet’ plan
Representation of landowners in the ‘Sde-Dov’ airport evacuation
Rubinstein Avraham & Co. Building Co. Ltd
ALUEL – CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LTD
Israel Levy – Real Estate Developer
Kardan Real Estate Ltd.
Allied Real Estate
- Advising Shikun & Binui and the Meshulam Levinstein Group on the planning and zoning aspects of a major project.
- Advising EDF-EN Israel on numerous renewable energy projects throughout Israel, including on the planning, licensing and establishment of the facilities.
- Advising hundreds of private landowners in relation to the Hof Hatchelet plan, which was recently approved by the district committee.
Meitar Law Offices is best known for its strong track record of advising and representing clients looking to obtain building permits and approvals for master plans and other large-scale projects. In addition, the firm regularly advises clients regarding land expropriation law, municipal taxation and civil litigation involving zoning, planning and construction issues. Among the team's ongoing matters, it is representing the administration established to advance National Master Plan 47, which involves the construction of housing complexes in vacated IDF bases and surrounding infrastructure. Tamar Migdal leads the team and often works with senior associate Lior Levi.
Other key lawyers:
‘Great skills and knowledge, strong reputation, excellent availability, practical advice.’
‘Tamar Migdal is an expert in the field of planning and zoning. She represents us in court, including in the Supreme Court, and does a great job.’
‘An incomparable team. Business oriented and very accessible.’
‘They are experienced and have a lot of knowledge in this area.’
Acro Real Estate
Azorim Construction Company Ltd
BIG Shopping Centers Ltd
National Outline Plan / 47
Elad Israel Residence
Delek Group Ltd.
Ramat Hasharon municipality and the local committee of Ramat Hasharon
Trans Israel Highway ltd
- Represented a subsidiary of Acro Real Estate, as well as another company, in proceedings relating to the demand for a payment of fees in respect of a change of designation and utilisation permit issued by the Israel Land Administration in connection with the Park Hahorshot project.
- Represented Azorim Construction Ltd. in appeal proceedings filed by opponents of a demolish-and-reconstruct urban renewal plan initiated by the client to be implemented in the Neve David neighborhood in Haifa.
- Represented Elad Israel Residence in zoning procedures to approve a new master plan for the HaArgazim neighbourhood project.
Weksler, Bregman & Co., Advocates is particularly strong in planning and zoning matters in the field of urban renewal, including National Outline Plan 38 and Pinui Binui projects. Its comprehensive range of services includes handling corporate transactions and representing clients before the Israel Land Authority and the Israel Land Administration. Among the team's ongoing work, it is assisting and representing real estate investment group Israel Canada in various matters, including appeals against objections to major urban renewal projects in Tel Aviv. Taly Salton-Yeshua leads the team and works closely with Jonathan Libchik on a diverse range of matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm stands out for the professional knowledge and extensive experience of the team.’
‘Taly Salton-Yeshua provides the best service.’
‘Taly and her colleagues have extensive knowledge in this legal field and rich experience.’
Africa Israel Group
Discount Leasing Ltd.
Golden House Ltd.
The Journalists Group
Amot Investments Ltd.
RANI ZIM SHOPPING CENTERS LTD
Reality Investment Funds
Tidhar Real Estate Development and Investments Ltd.
Gav-Yam Real Estate Ltd.
The Beita Group
Q Real Estate
The Issta lines group
- Representing Israel Canada Ltd. in an appeal against an urban building plan for northwest Tel Aviv, in which fundamental legal questions arise regarding reparcellation plans without the owners’ consent.
- Advising Taya Media Group in connection with large-scale redesignation proceedings for the client’s media studios from their current commercial designation to residential.
- Advising The Burj Holdings Ltd. on an urban renewal project involving the “Burj” building in the Hadar neighbourhood of Haifa.
Yigal Arnon & Co assists clients in every area of zoning and planning, including litigation before planning committees and courts. Its work in the field of urban renewal is particularly prominent, and includes advising Azorim Construction in relation to various Pinui Binui projects of considerable scale and complexity. Aner Hefetz, who is a highly active practitioner in this field, with particular expertise in accessibility law, and Hagit Bavly, who is well versed in real estate transactions, lead the team jointly with Asaf Eylon. Naftali Nir is known for his involvement in all stages of real estate projects, including property and land acquisitions.
Aner Hefetz; Hagit Bavly; Asaf Eylon
Other key lawyers:
Mr. Shlomo Eliyahu
Haim Zaken Construction & Investments
Kotler Adika Construction
Harel Yizamot Investments
Arazim Ltd. (Oron Group)
Alulel Construction Company
REIT Azorim – Living Ltd.
Zahav Al HaPark
Afikei Smadar Ltd. / Afikei Hayarden Group
Azorim Construction (1965)
Sharon Hotels Ltd.
B. Capital Ltd.
Apartment for Rent – The Governmental Company for Housing and Rental Ltd.
Ofer Brothers Engineering & Development Ltd.
Azorim Investment Development and Construction Ltd.
Ramat Hasharon Ha’Yruka 2009 Ltd.
Idit Properties Limited Partnership
- Represented five building contractors before the appeals committee of the Jerusalem District Planning and Building Committee regarding the right to build 900 homes in Mevaseret Zion’s new Hamirgasa neighborhood despite opposition by the Mevaseret Zion Local Council.
- Advised Azrieli Group and Shlomo Eliahu (owner of Migdal Group) on a large real estate acquisition.
- Advised REIT Azorim – HF Living on two agreements with Migdal Insurance Company (and its subsidiaries) in connection with financing the construction and operation of two housing complexes for leasing to be owned by the company.
Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary advises clients on various aspects of zoning and planning, including promotion of urban building plans, licensing, betterment levies and property expropriations. The team is also very experienced in litigation relating to planning procedures, in which it represents clients before the local and district committees and appeals committees. Galit Shitzer specialises in civil litigation, with a particular focus on the real estate sector. She leads the team with managing partner Eldad Koresh.
Galit Shitzer; Eldad Koresh
Riet 1 Ltd.
Clal Insurance Ltd.
Tidhar Group Ltd.
AURA ISRAEL – Entrepreneurship & Investments Ltd.
Grofit Civil Engineering and Public Works Ltd. of the Grofit Group
Ephraim Rogovin Ltd.
Caravenn Holdings Ltd.
Hapoalim Bank Ltd.
Tsabarim Development and Investments Ltd.
Engel Real-Estate Development and Management Ltd.
Tsarfati Zvi and Sons Investments and Building Ltd.
The Association for the Promotion of the Planning and Development of the Blue Coast.
LODZIA-ROTEX INVESTMENT LTD – Rotlevy Family
Hachmon – Construction, Development, Water and Sewage Company Ltd.
Heirs of the late Yossef Haimov
Tara Yesodot Nadlan Ltd
- Advised Aura Israel – Entrepreneurship & Investments Ltd. on two administrative petitions against the imposition of a NIS60m betterment levy in relation to a lucrative large-scale urban renewal project in Ramat Hasharon.
- Assisted Reit 1 Ltd. with planning and zoning due diligence in relation to a 4,000 sq m project.
- Advised UMI Group on the promotion of a large-scale urban building plan comprising approximately 1.6m sq m of land, of which 66,000 sq m is owned by UMI.
AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co frequently advises clients on the planning and licensing procedures to facilitate residential, commercial and infrastructure projects. It is also well known for representing clients in litigation before the administrative courts and the High Court of Justice. Among the team's current instructions, it is advising Gindi Tower Tel Aviv on all of the planning, licensing and construction aspects of a housing project in Tel Aviv's old wholesale market, comprising over 1,540 residential units. Yacov Cohen is able to provide clients with a comprehensive offering in the field of real estate, which includes representation before all relevant planning authorities. He leads the team jointly with real estate and planning expert Amir Amar.
Amir Amar; Yacov Cohen
Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Ltd.
Shapir industries Ltd.
Aura Israel Development and Investments Ltd.
Delek – The Israel Fuel Corporation
Gindi Tower Tel Aviv Ltd
The Bazan Group
Ono Academic College.
Noble Energy Mediterranean Ltd.
Kavim Public Transportation ltd.
Kesher Rent A Car Ltd- (Hertz)
Dunietz brothers group
The Ashtrom Group
Adama Agan Ltd.
Israel National Gas Lines Company Ltd.
Meuhedet Health Services
The Gabay Group
- Represented Aura Investments Ltd. before the appeals committee of the Central District Planning and Building Committee, managing to prove that an improvement levy demand was given without authority, and therefore the committee ordered its cancellation.
- Represented Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises in a high-profile dispute with competitors who tried to stop the company from entering a new market.
- Advised Ashtrom Group Ltd. on a special project, managing to reduce levies.
Herzog Fox & Neeman specialises in various types of litigation and regulatory proceedings in the field of planning and zoning, including statutory proceedings, municipal tax disputes and cases involving the infringement of real estate rights. In a notable ongoing matter, the team is advising Mobileye on the planning and zoning aspects of the construction of its new headquarters in Jerusalem, which involves dealing with objections to the planning proposal. Talia Blazer handles various zoning and planning disputes, showing particular expertise in municipal tax matters. Sharon Petel is extremely active in a wide range of mandates, showing notable expertise regarding expropriation and municipal tax issues. He leads the team jointly with Moshe Hardi.
Moshe Hardi; Sharon Petel
Other key lawyers:
Ashalim Sun PV
Assuta Medical Centres
Bmc Software Israel
Carmiel Economic Company
Chevra Kadisha Petach Tikva
Cisco Video Technologies
City Councils of Haifa
College of Law and Business
Corning Optical Communications
Economic & Cultural Projects for State Workers Ltd.
Efgad Engineering and Construction Works
Elapor Investments Ltd
Ganei Ben Zvi LTD
Gazit Globe Israel Group
Harel Insurance Company
Hazera Seeds Ltd.
International Fellowship of Christians and Jews
Israel Electric Corporation
Jerusalem Jersey Ltd
Keren Kayemet LeYisrael
C. Cochav Hanegev
Menora Mivtachim Insurance Ltd.
Middle East Pipes
Migdaley HaYam HaTichon
Mivtachim Pension Fund
Moshav Bnei Zion
Nahalat Asher Ltd.
- Advised Mobileye regarding planning and zoning matters with respect to the establishment of its headquarters in Jerusalem.
- Advised The Phoenix on planning and zoning matters with respect to the establishment of its headquarters in Rishon LeZion.
- Advising Bar-Ilan University in relation to the establishment of the university’s new dormitory campus.
M. Firon & Co Advocates and Notaries advises and represents clients in relation to all kinds of construction projects, including residential, commercial and infrastructure matters. Its services range from handling initial plan outlines through to assisting clients in appeals against objections to their building plans. Barak Keinan acts for numerous major clients in this field. Currently, he is advising Ashdar on all of the planning and zoning aspects of 85 urban renewal projects across Israel. Keinan co-heads the practice with Itzhak Narkiss and infrastructure and projects expert Tamar Firon-Smorodinsky.
Itzhak Narkiss; Barak Keinan; Tamar Firon–Smorodinsky
Ashdar Building Company Ltd.
Efgad Engineering and Construction Works Ltd.
EDF Energies Nouvelles Israel Ltd.
Clalit Health Services
Ken Hator Construction and Engineering Ltd.
Metropolis Urban Development Ltd.
Hanan Mor Group
Acro Real estate
Urban City Real estate Ltd.
The municipalities of Kfar Saba and Drom HaSharon
Migdal Insurance Company
- Representing Elbit Systems in all proceedings regarding the authorisation of Ramat Beka’s plan to relocate the client’s facilities and plants, among others, from Ramat Hasharon to the southern part of Israel.
- Advising Ashdar in relation to over 85 different urban renewal projects, which will include approximately 2,500 new residential units in Ramat Gan, Kiryat Ono, Raanana, Ramat Hasharon, Tel Aviv, Herzelia and Kfar- Saba.
- Advising Metropolis in connection with several evacuation, construction and NOP projects in Tel Aviv, including all planning stages and construction permits.
S. Horowitz & Co represents clients in civil, administrative and criminal proceedings involving zoning and planning issues. In one recent highlight, the team represented the rights holders in Kfar Hasidim in proceedings contesting a preferred housing plan involving the construction of a huge neighbourhood in Rechasim. Amir Caspari leads the practice alongside Asaf Rentsler.
Amir Caspari; Asaf Rentsler
Kikar Hamedina landowners
Israel Land Development Malls and Shopping Centers Ltd.
Israel Electric Corporation
Paz Oil Company Ltd. – Israel’s leading energy corporation
The Weizmann Institute of Science
The Weizmann Institute of Science Assets and Development (Mul Nof) Ltd.
Ofarim Basharon Promotion & Construction Ltd.
The Israel Broadcasting Authority
Ashdod Port Ltd.
Israel Land Development – Urban Renewal Ltd.
Lime & Stone Production Company Ltd.
Readymix Industries (Israel) Ltd.
Minrav Group Ltd.
Adv. Dr. Yosef Segev and Shoob & Co. Law Offices
Yakhin Hakal Ltd.
Rani Zim Shopping Centers Ltd.
M.M.M Company United Landfill Industries (1998) Ltd.
- Represented the Israel Electric Corporation in a precedent-setting case in the planning and zoning field, known as the Roman Berg case.
- Represented the Israel Land Development Company in a claim in which NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System Ltd. sought to evacuate families from their residential homes in Holon for the purpose of constructing the Purple Line of the Light Railway project, interfering with an urban renewal project which ILDC is advancing on that land.
- Advised Ofarim Basharon Promotion & Construction Ltd. on a project involving the construction of a hotel and a residential tower on the Netanya coast.
Tadmor Levy & Co. focuses predominantly on urban renewal projects across Israel, with a wealth of experience in handling zoning and planning matters. The team is also well versed in the zoning and planning aspects of infrastructure and energy projects, highlighted by its advice to bidders engaged in the tender process for the Ramat Hovav power plant. Sigal Shapira and Shoam Keren co-head the practice.