Gilat, Bareket & Co. of Reinhold Cohn Group is a market leader in IP litigation and it acts for clients in disputes relating to patented designs, globally recognisable brands and artistic designs. It particularly excels in complex disputes in the pharmaceutical sector and advises multinational corporates on both sides of opposition proceedings and cross-border infringement litigation. Founding partners David Gilat and Eran Bareket both have longstanding experience advising on the most high-profile disputes in the sector; the former has a history of advising on landmark trade mark cases before the Supreme Court, while the latter has previously been involved in the legislative process due to his expertise in patent law. Roy Kornick and Chen Ben Dori-Alkan are also recommended.
Intellectual property: disputes in Israel
David Gilat; Eran Bareket; Roy Kornick
Other key lawyers:
Daphna Gilat; Luiz Blanc; Chen Ben Dori-Alkan
‘Great associates and great team! We have been working with them for several years now and are very satisfied. ’
‘Gilat, Bareket & Co., Reinhold Cohn Group manages our entire IP portfolio including the prosecution and litigation. In addition, they supports us in all activities related to brand enforcement. This includes border security as well as actions concerning the internal market. They maintain close contact with all authorities and support us with a seamless transfer of all information. Further, they help us to overcome language barriers. The entire firm relieves us in every respect, which is why it is one of our highly esteemed partners.’
‘Although no official AFAs are deposited in Israel, we are listed at the customs due to the good and close contact and the excellent cooperation with the local law enforcement authorities through our highly appreciated partner Roy Kornick. This commitment naturally applies to all employees of Gilat, Bareket & Co., Reinhold Cohn Group.’
Tnuva – Central Cooperative For The Marketing of Agricultural Produce In Israel Ltd.
Strategic Communications Group (SCG) – Voice of Hope
Helsinn Healthcare S.A.
Nova Measuring Instruments
Hotel Cipriani SPA
iHerb,. LLC (“iHerb”)
- Representing the pharmaceutical company Bayer in several patent opposition proceedings.
- Representing Amgen in cross-border patent infringement litigation.
- Advising Puma on the protection of its IP rights, including acting in criminal and civil cases.
Liad Whatstein & Co. Law Office, which has a strong track record in cross-border IP litigation, is 'simply superior to others'. It represents multinational clients from a variety of sectors in many of the most high-profile disputes relating to brand protection and counterfeit goods. Patent disputes are where the team really shines; both name partner Liad Whatstein, who established the practice in 2014 (having previously led the disputes practice at Dr Shlomo Cohen & Co Law Office), and Amira Mangelus represent some of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies in disputes in the life sciences sector.
Liad Whatstein; Amira Mangelus
‘The go-to firm in Israel for complex IP disputes on behalf of major international corporations. They are thorough, precise and creative and have unrivalled experience. They are known to be aggressive litigators but they are also very practical and know how to resolve conflicts efficiently and promptly. They understand the client’
‘‘Liad is the absolute best. ’
‘Simply superior to others’
‘I have worked with the lead members of this firm in connection with patent enforcement and defence situations since the mid-2000s, both in connection with small molecules (i.e., synthetic organic compounds) and biosimilars, whenever I have had any such issues in Israel. They have excellent legal knowledge, and provide very detailed and insightful advice about patent status, scope, validity, and recommended actions. They are very personable and very smart, dedicated attorneys. They respond promptly, and have broad business acumen and industry knowledge of the pharmaceutical sector, not only in Israel, but outside of Israel as well. They follow the law in various jurisdictions, and attend global meetings and also send out timely summaries of relevant new legal developments in Israel. They work very well with attorneys from other countries, and at times my outside counsel in from the U.S. or elsewhere have asked for permission to reach out to them to discuss cases. Their advice is clear and thorough, which enables me to in turn convey that advice to my company’
‘I work with Liad Whatstein and Amira Mangelus. They are incredible attorneys, for the reason that I mentioned above, but also personally interesting, very easy and enjoyable to work with, and highly esteemed by my outside attorneys in other countries. ’
‘Professional, serious, very competent, very attentive’
‘Mr. Liad Whatstein is a very prepared attorney. extremely attentive to our company needs keeping an eye also on the expenses. high quality of services.’
The State of Israel
Fruit of the Loom
Paramount Pictures Corporation
The H.D. Lee Company
Wrangler Apparel Corp.
The North Face Apparel Corp.
Jansport Apparel Corp.
Brown Forman (Jack Daniel’s)
20th Century Fox
Dr. Fischer Pharmaceuticals
University of Iowa Research Foundation
Homag Group AG
Advanced Accelerator Applications (a Novartis Corporation)
- Acting for Sanofi in opposition and revocation proceedings in connection with Amgen’s patent for a new category of biological drugs for lowering cholesterol. The proceedings in Israel are part of global litigation between the parties in connection with the new Sanofi’s drug, Praluent.
- Acting for Novartis in several patent litigation proceedings in connection with the successful Novartis drug AFINITOR for treating different tumour types, EXELON for treating Alzheimer’s disease and ENTRESTO for use in heart failure.
- Representing Pfizer in an appeal in the Supreme Court in connection with Pfizer’s patent infringement proceedings against Unipharm in connection with the infringement of the patent for the well-known drug Viagra.
Luthi+Webb's boutique practice is well-versed in all areas of IP litigation, but is best known for its work on cross-border patent disputes; the firm is sought out by many of the world's large pharmaceutical to enforce their IP, often as part of global disputes involving numerous firms. Founding partner Richard Luthi is one of the pre-eminent names in the sector, having represented household names such as Pfizer, Novartis and Motorola and Hasbro in disputes in numerous jurisdictions. Daniel Lerner, who has a scientific academic background, is ideally placed to advise on disputes involving complex inventions.
Other key lawyers:
Daniel Lerner; Martin Binnes; Eliran Hadad
Franz Wilhelm Langguth Erben GmbH & Co. KG
Woodstock Ventures LC
Europe Hotels Private Collection
Peanuts Worldwide LLC
Johnson & Johnson
Israel Aerospace Industries
The Israeli Knesset (Israel’s Parliament), Members of the Knesset and the Speaker of the Knesset
Millennium Pharmaceuticals (Takeda)
Bank Leumi LeIsrael
- Representing Gilead in a patent opposition filed by Teva regarding the molecule Tenofovir alafenamide (TAF), which an ingredient in Gilead’s successful drug “Genvoya” for the treatment of the HIV virus and AIDS.
- Successfully represented Strauss Water, Israel’s leading producer of water dispensers and part of the Strauss conglomerate, in a patents, trade marks and designs infringement suit before the District Court.
- Representing Franz Wilhelm Langguth Erben GmbH & Co. KG, the renowned German winery that manufacture the Blue Nun wine, in a trade mark dispute against a well-known Israeli wine importer, Enotka, which filed and registered a similar trade mark under false pretence and in bad faith.
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz's IP department is one of the busiest in Israel. Its caseload spans all areas of IP and it acts for clients in proceedings before both the IPTO and the courts. Practice head Yossi Markovich is one of the jurisdiction's most active trade mark litigators, representing a plethora of recognisable brands in opposition proceedings, as well as in criminal cases regarding counterfeit goods. Zeev Pearl one of the firm's founders, focusing on patent disputes in the IT, energy and medical sectors.
Other key lawyers:
Zeev Pearl; Dor Cohen Zedek; Haim Ravia
Telit Wireless Communication PLC
Diehl Defence GmbH & Co. KG
Dexcel Pharma Technologies Ltd.
CSL BEHRING GmbH
Dimerix Bioscience PTY Ltd.
GT GETTAXI LIMITED
Speedo Holdings B.V. (“Speedo”)
Klil Industries Ltd.
Orgenesis Inc. (NASDAQ: ORGS)
High Performance Optics (HPO)
Quality by Vision Ltd.
Galimedix Therapeutics Inc
Ayala Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Representing High Sec Labs (HSL), Inc. in a lawsuit filed by HSL against Fibernet Ltd. for NIS 20m for patents infringement.
- Representing the public company Infimer Ltd. (and its subsidiaries), inter alia, in a lawsuit filed against it by U.B.Q Materials Ltd.
- Representing Speedo in a worldwide dispute against Brooks Sports Inc. regarding their respective trade marks.
S. Horowitz & Co is widely regarded as the leading litigation firm in Israel. It acts for global companies from the telecoms, pharmaceutical and media sectors, as well as nationally-recognisable higher education institutions. Tal Band leads the practice and manages the firm's relationship with Teva, the most active IP litigant in the jurisdiction. Avi Ordo advises on IP matters as part of a wide-ranging cross border technology practice. At junior partner level, Yair Ziv is recommended for his work with pharmaceutical companies and technology companies.
Other key lawyers:
Avi Ordo; Dovev Apel; Ran Vogel; Noam Blei; Moran Katz; Yair Ziv
‘The IP group of S. Horowitz is by far the most professional group we’ve worked with. It is safe to say that for every legal advice given by the practice, all factual and legal aspects of the issue are being thoroughly considered and examined ’
‘I have no doubt in stating that Avi is a top litigator and counsel with proven success. He is exceptional and outstanding in every aspect needed from a legal counsel ’
‘the team was very strong and balanced. we came to them with an urgent claim and they were extremely available and committed, working 24/7 around the clock to give us the best results in their powers. they showed very good communication skills, writing skills and court skills (appearing and interrogating).’
‘Due to the urgency of our claim, we had large and professional team handling it. they showed a very high understanding of the law, creative writing and overall excellence. specifically, the individuals who stood out were: Tal Band – excellent court litigation and managing an excellent team. Ran Vogel – Ran is leading our case, he showed great communication skills, creative arguments, leading negotiations and excellent witness interrogation preparation. Noam Blei – excellent writing, creative arguments and excellent witness interrogation preparation. Dr. Carmit Soliman – excellent writing.’
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Teva Medical Ltd.
Google and Waze Mobile Ltd.
NBC Universal and its subsidiaries
Bird Aerosystems Limited
The Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Environmental Society of the Manufacturers’ Association of Israel
Lego Juris A/S
Perrigo UK Finco Limited Partnership, Perrigo Israel Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Smart Shooter Ltd.
Dexcel Ltd. (“Dexcel”)
Partner Communications Company Ltd., Pelephone Communications Ltd. and Cellcom Israel Ltd.
Simplivia Healthcare Ltd.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Tel Aviv University
HYDE TOOLS INC.
Weizmann Institute of Science
- Acting for Teva – the largest generic drug manufacturer in the world and by far the No. 1 IP litigant in Israel – in numerous patent litigation cases in Israel, regarding a wide array of generic versions of various blockbuster drugs.
- Representing Smart Shooter Ltd., a leading Israeli start-up company in the defence industry, inter alia, in opposing and defending patent applications, and in defending from a trade secret claim, to all of which the opposing party is Israel Weapons Industries (IWI) Ltd.
- Representing Simplivia Healthcare Ltd., a medical device company FIMI opportunity fund, in two claims filed by it against Equashield Medical Ltd., an Israeli medical device company, concerning the infringement of two patents in the field of drug mixing systems.
Adin-Liss, Law Offices
Adin-Liss, Law Offices acts for local and international clients in cancellation and opposition proceedings and infringement disputes. In the trade mark sphere, the firm is often enlisted by European and US firms to act as local counsel in the protection and enforcement of their client's brands. On the patent side, it advises pharmaceutical companies on complex infringement disputes. Founding partners Dan Adin and Eran Liss are the key practitioners and personally oversee all disputes.
Dan Adin; Eran Liss
Abercrombie & Fitch
- Successfully representing K.S. Kim International Ltd. in a defence against patent infringement proceedings brought by Millenium Pharmaceuticals and additional companies, in relation to a patent relating to a drug for the treatment of blood cancer.
- Representation of the US brand Greenwich Polo Club in defense against a civil claim for trade mark infringement filed by the owner of the brand Beverly Hills Polo Club.
- Representation of Yupoong, Inc. in an opposition filed by the client against a trade mark application.
Herzog Fox & Neeman assists domestic and multinational clients with the protection of trade marks and patents, and is particularly involved in the online space, having advised on domain name recovery proceedings. The firm's international reputation means it is frequently asked to act as Israeli counsel in cross-border disputes, and it has particular experience of representing clients before the UKIPO and EUIPO. Karen Elburg, who is described by one client as 'a doyenne of the Israeli IP world', leads the team. She advises on commercial transactions and the IP aspects of M&A, in addition to contentious work.
Other key lawyers:
David Zailer; Gilad Wekselman; Gilad Neeman; Jenia Melkhior
‘Great knowledge and expertise in this field of law. the fact that they manage and take care of such number of relevant client is clearly a significant clue that they are a perfect match to in-house peers. we have received a number of positive recommendations to use this practice’
‘I would like to stress the name of Jenia Melkhior. She is one of the very few partners that gets her hands on clients matters, offers a clear and practical vision of the conflicts and risks associated to the client in a easy to understand way. Clearly business-oriented. ’
‘I know the HFN team very well and have worked with them for many years both in the IP space and also in wider M&A and litigation. They have particular strength working for clients in the high-tech and betting & gaming sectors. The team is always attuned to industry goings-on, and are prominent participants at key IP conferences around the world. They are also generous in referring work out to foreign firms, as well as being more than a safe pair of hands for incoming referrals. ’
‘Karen Elburg is a doyenne of the Israeli IP world, with a fantastic client portfolio. She is a pleasure to work with. Jenia Melkhior is an excellent up & coming IP partner with particular strengths in the betting and gaming sectors. Gilad Neeman is also a great litigator with a good eye for strategy. ’
‘Herzog, Fox & Neeman are able to provide additional services over and above basic TM prosecution, and in particular have an excellent reputation for licensing/tech transfer type work in the context of multi-national transactions with an Israeli component. I have not yet had an opportunity of instructing the HFN team in this latter area before, but I would not hesitate to do so.’
‘I have known Karen Elburg and Jenia Melkhior since around 2014, and their team has provided assistance to me for client trade mark prosecution work in Israel. However, we primarily work with Karen and Jenia offering assistance to her clients in the UK/EU. In both contexts, both are extremely responsive and offer practical and commercial advice. They are well-supported by excellent team members at both associate and paralegal level. Karen and Jenia both have excellent instincts, and their advice and approach to matters is always commercially focused, achieving the client’
‘The team, and in particular Karen Elburg and Jenia Melkhior, are not only very knowledgeable in IP in general, but also in specifics of the gaming industry. They are also pleasant to work with as they provide straight to the point advice even in complicated matters, so exactly what our clients need. ’
‘Knowing Karen Elburg for a while, I confirm she is not only a lovely person, but also full of energy and very ambitious to grow the practice. She is always my “go to” person for any IP matter in Israel. Great advice and responsibility!’
Interactive Brokers LLC
Spirits International B.V. and ZHS IP Worldwide S.à.r.l
Adika Style Ltd.
LDRS Group Ltd.
Gemological Institute of America Inc.
Bionic 8 Ltd.
Ella Brothers Ltd.
Webpals Systems S.C Ltd.
Rani Zim Shopping Centers Ltd.
Triple Plus Ltd.
- Representing Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí, a major player in the art world, in a complex and evolving copyright and personality rights dispute for over a decade.
- Represented Virtual IP Assets Ltd. where it caused the cancellation of a series of blatantly infringing trade marks and applications by successfully opposing the base application under the Madrid system.
- Representing Spirits International B.V and ZHS IP Worldwide Sarl, producers of Stolichnaya and Moskovskaya vodka, in its defence against an action to enforce an adverse judgement of a Netherlands court, forbidding their use of the applicable trademarks.
Meitar Law Offices' position as the largest full service firm in Israel places it in an ideal position to assist multinational clients with the protection of their brands locally, assisting clients such as Facebook, WhatsApp and Amazon as both claimants and defendants in trade mark disputes. Yoav Oestreicher leads the intellectual property, technology and privacy litigation department. It advises on technology class actions and misappropriation of trade secrets, in addition to patent disputes involving pharmaceutical companies. Ariel Rakover is another key team member, who frequently acts in opposition and cancellation proceedings at IPTO level.
Other key lawyers:
Ariel Rakover; Heni Rothstein Cohen
‘Good practical advice; good at translating foreign process and norms to those more experienced with US courts.’
‘Yoav Oestreicher is engaged and excellent; Ariel Rakover, the same.’
ZAP GROUP LTD.
Start-Up Nation Central
Mifal Hapayis (the Israeli Lottery)
SHVA – Automatic Bank Services, Ltd.
Cylus Cyber Security Ltd
- Representing Facebook and Libra Association in a trade mark infringement dispute with an Israeli company named Libra Insurance Company Ltd., which owns an Israeli trade mark for LIBRA in connection with financial services, regarding the use of the mark LIBRA in connection with the new cryptocurrency LIBRA.
- Representation of Amazon.com Inc. and Amazon Service LLC. in a trade marks and copyrights claim brought against them by two Israeli plaintiffs. The plaintiffs argue that the defendants are engaged, knowingly and deliberately, in the marketing, distribution and direct or indirect sale of counterfeit products.
- Representing Verint, one of the leading cyber-security companies in the world, in a patent infringement claim pending at the Central District Court regarding a patent related to attacks on communications systems and cryptanalysis.
Seligsohn Gabrieli & Co, which has specialised in IP for over 50 years, continues to provide companies from a number of sectors on all aspects of IP protection. The firm represents a number of international brands, most notably in the fashion industry, both in opposition proceedings before the registrar and in infringement disputes up to supreme court level. Nahum Gabrieli and Ehud Gabrieli are co-managing partners; the former specialises in copyright disputes in the entertainment and media sector, while the latter represents clients before the Israel customs authority regarding the confiscation and destruction of counterfeit goods.
Nahum Gabrieli; Ehud Gabrieli
Other key lawyers:
Sons of George Shukha Ltd.
Dalton Winery Ltd.
Gottex Swimwear Brands Ltd.
Spirits International B.V.
Maccabi Tel Aviv Football Club
IMI Systems Ltd.
W.M. Barr & Company, Inc.
Zuker & Minkin
Nestle – Soceite des Produits Nestle SA
Xiaomi Inc. (and its Israeli exclusive distributor – Hemilton)
Delta Galil Industries Ltd.
Mr Gilad Sasson
Max Brenner Ltd.
Dr Shlomo Cohen & Co Law Office
Dr Shlomo Cohen & Co Law Office represents clients ranging from multinationals to domestic companies and individuals in proceedings relating to copyrights, trade marks and patents. It is also active in contentious domain name matters and licensing disputes. Name partner Shlomo Cohen is experienced in representing clients before the Israeli Patents and Trademarks Office, as well as the civil and appellate courts.
Ariel Dubinsky, Law Office
With 'a highly experienced team, which provides a wonderful service', Ariel Dubinsky, Law Office specialises in IP litigation encompassing trade mark, design protection and copyright disputes. The practice acts for a range of national and international clients, and has recently been involved in precedent setting cases. Name partner Ariel Dubinsky and Tslil Pas-Kay are the key contacts to note.
Ariel Dubinsky; Tslil Pas-Kay
‘The team is highly experienced, provides a wonderful service, and correlates the dispute to the clients’ business goals.’
‘Ariel Dubinsky as a seasoned IP lawyer, with special expertise in copyright (especially in the area of rights in photographs) and trademark law. Ariel is a pragmatic litigator, business-minded and a real “gentleman-lawyer”.’
Altunis-Trading, Gestao e Servicos LDA
Shantou Corporation (China)
Uri Dotan Bochner – Zahal Brand
- Filed a petition on behalf of Altunis-Trading, Gestao e Servicos LDA, a company within the Cipriani SA entity, to cancel the trade mark registration of “CIPRIANI” from the Israeli trade mark gazette due to lack of use.
- Acting for Shantou Corporation in proceedings against a Palestinian enterprise that distributed Shantou products and unlawfully filed a trade mark application for Kiss Beauty, one of Shantou’s leading brands.
- Defending Aviv Yarok in an opposition filed against its application by food manufacturer Aviv Matzot, the largest maker of matzo products in Israel.
Ehrlich Group has quickly developed a reputation as highly capable firm in IP litigation, representing household names from the pharmaceutical, aviation and technology sectors in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the registrar, as well as in infringement litigation in the courts. Trade mark specialist Yehuda Neubauer leads the disputes practice, while managing partner Amit Ehrlich advises on patent disputes, in addition to helping inventors monetise their designs.
Other key lawyers:
Roy Melzer; Amit Ehrlich; Hila Diller
‘The team is very professional and helpful, always available and reacting swiftly giving you the full personal attention.’
‘In my dealing with Yehuda Neubauer I found an open mind thinking outside the box, something I early see in my work with another firms.’
‘They are a full service firm that can help in all kinds of IP matters and they do help indeed, very professional, competent and cost-efficient. ’
‘Yehuda Neubauer is a very experienced and competent trade mark attorney, who knows exactly what to do in a certain situation. He will tell you when you are on the wrong way and provide a honest opinion’
‘Ehrlich is a very professional firm, we have been working for the last three years. They have a deep knowledge of IP, are reliable, very client oriented and responsive.
‘Our contact point is Yehuda Neubauer. The quality of his advice always exceeds expectations. he has been utterly superb throughout our relationship.’
Real Madrid Football Club
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD
Bacardi & Company Limited
The Polo/Lauren Company, L.P. (Ralph Lauren)
ŠKODA ELECTRIC a.s.
- Advised Cheetah Medical on an acquisition transaction by Baxter International Inc. in the sum of $190m cash and a further $40m in milestone payments.
- Representing Boeing in a patent opposition filed by Israel Aerospace Industries with respect to an Augmented Video System Providing Enhanced Situational Awareness.
- Successfully represented Volkswagen AG in trade mark opposition proceedings.
Eitan Mehulal Sadot, Advocates & Patent Attorneys is active in all types of IP litigation, frequently assisting public bodies, governments and private companies with the protection and enforcement of their rights. Sally Gillis leads the copyright and patent departments, while Shirley Gal assists international businesses with the enforcement of their brands in Israel.
Sally Gillis; Shirley Gal
FISCHER (FBC & Co.) is a strong choice for advice on the enforcement of the complete scope of IP rights. It acts for clients from a number of sectors, and is particularly active in representing media companies in disputes relating to copyright, trademarks and moral rights. Yael Riemer and Reuven Behar, who co-head the IP practice, frequently work together to assist both companies and individual inventors with patent disputes before the registrar.
Reuven Behar; Yael Riemer
Other key lawyers:
‘Involvement of the team, understanding and mastery of the complex and specific environment of the domain. Initiatives, and strength of proposals. Quality of work and professionalism. Reactivity and sense of anticipation. Strong knowledge of the field of intellectual property, and ability to argue. Human quality.’
‘Truly professionals. An effective and cost effective team. Swiftly respond to any queries.’
‘Yael Riemer the partner is mature, pragmatic and confidential. ’
‘The practice is very knowledgeable, provides out of the box ideas and is very accessible. First-class legal service.’
‘We work very closely with Yael Riemer, who leads the IP litigation team. Yael is very experienced, understands the needs of the business and offers extremely high availability to the client. Yael is both a very good litigator and offers out of the box ideas to her clients. ’
‘Being a private person rather than a corporate, I was impressed by the efforts the team made to provide to me a top professional service with a personal touch.’
‘Yael Riemer, Partner (Litigation) – exceptional devotion and passion – she lets you feel she is there for you, both professionally and personally’
Israel Discount Bank
Keshet Broadcasting International
The Sports Channel
Makor Rishon Newspaper
Various producers and production companies (see Matter 6)
Various clients in TM applications (see Matter 8)
- Representation of Reshet Media, one of the two commercial broadcasting channels in Israel, in a variety of IP matters, including IP litigation involving copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, as well as in disputes relating to rights in formats and TV productions.
- Representation of Datafirst SAS, a France based company who develops software for the European automotive market, in a copyright infringement claim.
- Acting for Netafim in a patent infringement cases.
G&A Glazberg, Applebaum & Co
IP boutique G&A Glazberg, Applebaum & Co has a specialism in representing claimants in IP-related class actions, bringing claims against software companies for breaching agreements, as well as matters before the ILPO over fee reimbursements. Ziv Glazberg has a strong understanding of the needs of inventor clients, having been named as an inventor in 11 US patents. Nadav Applebaum, who founded the firm alongside Glazberg, acts for employees in ownership disputes with their employers.
Ziv Glazberg; Nadav Applebaum
Dr. Anat Berliner
Mrs. Hani Apfledorf
Oil de Lamor (“ODL”)
Zeep HK Ltd.
Shmuel Ur Innovation Ltd.
Mr. Ruben Nanikashvili
Amiad Water Systems Ltd.
Vayo Reviews Ltd.
- Represented Dr. Anat Berliner, who developed an innovative process for producing a chemical compound in the field of pesticides. Provided advice with regards to a dispute with her former employer – ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd.
- Filed the first ever class action lawsuit against Microsoft for their Windows 10 update campaign. The complaint alleges that Microsoft breached the license agreement and changed the operating system without the user’s consent.
- Advising Conduit Ltd. in legal proceedings before the ILPO concerning Conduit’s SWIFTIC brand, a rival proceeding enacted in Israel.
Gershoni & Co. has a strong reputation for advising on cross-border IP disputes, representing clients from various industries as claimants in opposition and cancellation proceedings, as well as infringement and customs matters. Ran Greenvald leads the litigation department. Saar Gershoni, who founded the firm in 2015, is recommended for trade mark issues.
Saar Gershoni; Ran Greenvald
Established in 1869 in Italy, Luzzatto Law Firm continues to be led by the Luzzatto family to this day; managing partner Michal Luzzatto is the fifth generation of the family to work in intellectual property. The firm, alongside its sister company The Luzzatto Group, is heavily involved in the technology sector, representing entrepreneurs, app developers, inventors and companies in disputes relating to their products and designs.
Michal Luzzatto; Oren Mandler
Other key lawyers:
Tamar Luzzatto; Gal Matityahu; Koby Agar
‘Flexibility and availability to reply to clients. Good mix of technical and legal skills.’
‘The Luzzatto Firm provides reliable service.‘
Novartis Pharma AG
RAFAEL – advanced defence systems ltd.
Alon Group Ltd.
Insense Biosensors Ltd (Israel)
- Handled opposition proceedings leading to the confirmation of a patent on an important commercial pharmaceutical product by Wyeth.
- Handled appeal procedures leading to the registration of Ferrari’s luxury cars designs.
- Obtained a plurality of injunctions assuring VacoPack’s exclusivity for heart-shaped packages.
The IP department at M. Firon & Co Advocates and Notaries, which is led by Eran Presenti, is frequently involved in trade mark opposition cancellation proceedings before the registrar. In addition, it advises clients on digital piracy, royalties disputes and infringement claims. The media sector is an area of particular expertise; the firm represents major media companies and broadcasters in disputes relating to content piracy and copyright infringement.
B.S Toys Ltd.
Kan 11 – the Israeli broadcasting corporation
IFPI – The Israeli Records and Cassettes Federation Ltd.
Gotex S.A (Coats Group)
- Ongoing representation of Zira, the organization of the major media companies in Israel which protects their copyrights including in a suit we filed against Telegram, regarding content piracy in various groups operated over the Telegram platform.
- Representation of Kan11– the Israeli broadcasting corporation, in several disputes including one against the sport channel.
- Representation of Extreme Toys, which distributes the products of the Rubik’s Cube competitor’s VQ, in proceedings before the registrar of trademarks.
Salomon, Lipschütz & Co.
Salomon, Lipschütz & Co. handles all major forms of IP disputes, primarily focusing on trade mark opposition and cancellation proceedings, as well as domain name complaints. The team has experience of precedent-setting cases relating to the protection of fonts and employee-inventors' rights to compensation. Department head Narda Ben Zvi is 'simply a superb litigator' who advises on IP matters as part of a broad technology litigation practice.
Narda Ben Zvi
Other key lawyers:
Ori Kasir; David Schottenfels; Lena Mor
‘Over the last five years, we have turned solely to Salomon Lipschutz. The senior IP litigator, Narda Ben Zvi, is in the top rung of her peers in Israel, while her junior partner, Ori Kasir, is thoroughly professional and complements Narda in delivering a first-class IP litigation practice.’
‘I have mentioned both Narda Ben Zvi and Ori Kasir. Narda is simply a superb litigator and she also has a deep understanding of IP, especially copyright and trademark. She leads but also respects her team, she is both firm and flexible, as the circumstances require. It is not by accident that she has argued cases up to the Israeli Supreme Court.’
‘Narda and the department are assets to us. They continually demonstrate why they are considered among the best IP teams in Israel. They always work for the full benefit of their client, they are highly professional, and I really appreciate their transparency and cooperation when it comes to their clients. The team puts an emphasis on staying in close contact with us, and we never feel like we are left out of the process, even though the team’
‘We deal primarily with Narda Ben Zvi, head of the IP department in the firm. She is a very experienced lawyer who really knows the ins and outs of the IP world, and she uses her vast experience to always find the best possible solution for us, while always keeping in mind the business consequences. She is truly a master at her work. We also worked with Lena Mor and Daniel Sekler. They are both very professional and capable lawyers, and they complete Narda in the most perfect way. They were a joy to work with.’