Gilat, Bareket & Co. of Reinhold Cohn Group’s ‘intelligent, responsive and helpful’ team has vast experience of representing international and domestic corporations in litigation, and the legal protection of IP rights in patents, technologies, and brands. The firm’s client base is diverse, including multinational pharmaceutical companies like Novo Nordisk and ALK-Abelló, along with global sportswear manufacturers such as Adidas. David Gilat brings in-depth expertise in trade mark and patent litigation, whilst Eran Bareket specialises in handling multi-jurisdictional IP litigations and competition law. Roy Kornick is an expert on anti-counterfeiting matters, and Lior Glassman focuses on the copyright and designs side of IP law.
Firms in the Spotlight Intellectual property: disputes
Reinhold Cohn & Partners
Reinhold Cohn Group (RCG) is the leading intellectual property firm in Israel. As the largest and earliest established IP firm, RCG offers premier expertise in filing, prosecution, renewals, protection, oppositions, opinions, due diligence, freedom to operate, enforcement, litigation, licensing, commercialisation and evaluation, portfolio management and strategic counselling in all areas of intellectual property such as …View Profile...
Intellectual property: disputes in Israel
David Gilat; Eran Bareket; Roy Kornick
Other key lawyers:
Luiz Blanc; Lior Glassman
‘They’re true and absolute professionals, both in terms of legal understanding and service to clients. The team is extremely worldly and knowledgeable.’
‘Their vast experience, responsive team, innovation and the fact that they’re simply a pleasure to work with.’
‘The team is intelligent, responsive, and ultimately helpful. They have deep knowledge of IP matters and are very specialized in each aspect of the IPR. Each team member is practising a very specific area of intellectual property. This reflects how the team is capable to solve the client’s matters in a very efficient way.’
‘I deal closely with Adv. Luiz Blanc. Luiz has shown through the years the diversity in knowledge as he comprehends the legal aspects of IP matters from different angles and based on the best practice and recent legal precedents not only in Israel but in many different countries.’
‘The team I am working with, headed by Adv. Eran Bareket, is very streamlined, highly efficient, thorough, and highly competent. As legal counsel of a pharmaceutical R&D client, I felt very comfortable and confident with the team’s assessment of the case merits in general, and at various stages of the litigation at which we need to make strategic decisions.’
‘Eran Bareket – outstanding and leading practitioner in the field. It is always an inspiration to converse with him professionally.’
‘Roy Kornick is the main partner we work with. He is professional, respected, trusted and extremely competent in this field. Roy is viewed as a direct extension of our team and highly valued.’
Takeda Israel Ltd.
Coherus Bioscience Inc.
Tnuva Central Cooperative for the Marketing of Agricultural Produce in Israel Ltd.
Adama Agricultural Solutions
Abercrombie & Fitch
Habitat Design International
Shionogi & Co., Ltd.
Viiv HealthCare Company
NextarChempharma Solutions Ltd.
Sarine Technologies Ltd.
DIMS Technologies ltd.
Intra Cellular Therapies
Urmet Domus S.P.A, Gerber Communication and Security Ltd.
- Represent Novo Nordisk in opposition to a patent request filed by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Advised Intra Cellular Therapies, a biopharmaceutical company, in its appeal proceedings in the Tel Aviv District Court, after the Registrar of Patents denied our patent application request, ruling that the invention did not entail an inventive step.
Acting in many of Israel’s highest profile IP disputes, Liad Whatstein & Co. Law Office’s ‘technically adept’ team handles litigation, opposition, prosecution, and non-contentious transactional matters. The firm brings unique expertise on soft IP and trade mark matters, acting for major media and entertainment companies, as well as routinely assisting international pharmaceutical entities with complex dispute issues. The ‘brilliant and trusted’ Liad Whatstein regularly advises corporations throughout patent and copyright disputes, while Amira Mangelus handles complicated life sciences litigation. Matti Michel brings expertise on cases pertaining to military technologies, whereas IP attorney, Oren Weiner, covers all aspects of Israel’s Patent Term Extension system.
Other key lawyers:
Matti Michel; Oren Weiner
‘This is a really well-run firm. Each lawyer knows the law, but also knows how to apply it to achieve the best solution for their clients.’
‘Liad Whatstein doesn’t seem to take a moment off. He loves his work as a brilliant and trusted advisor in all matters IP and it shows.’
‘I have worked with the lead members of this firm in connection with patent enforcement and defence situations since the mid-2000s. They have excellent legal knowledge, and provide very detailed and insightful advice about patent status, scope, validity, and recommended actions. They are very personable and very smart, dedicated attorneys.’
‘I work with Liad Whatstein and Amira Mangelus. They are incredible attorneys, for the reason that I mentioned above, but also personally interesting, very easy and enjoyable to work with, and highly esteemed by myself and my outside attorneys in other countries.’
‘The firm is technically adept in a broad range of life science technologies, among others because of the extensive experience they have had in most major life science litigation proceedings in Israel as well as involvement in numerous cross-border proceedings. The familiarity with cross-border litigation is helpful as there are some pain points in any coordination work, and it is great that the lawyers understand the importance of their market relative to other commercial markets.’
‘Liad Whatstein is a technically excellent, diligent and dedicated partner who is always available. He spends time personally with experts and develop the arguments and comes up with excellent briefs.’
The State of Israel
The Hebrew University
Fruit of the Loom
Paramount Pictures Corporation
The H.D. Lee Company
Wrangler Apparel Corp.
The North Face Apparel Corp.
Jansport Apparel Corp.
Brown Forman (Jack Daniel’s)
Grey Goose Vodka
20th Century Fox
Dr. Fischer Pharmaceuticals
Homag Group AG
Advanced Accelerator Applications
- Representing Sanofi in the first ever rehearing of a patent case by an expanded panel of Justices of the Supreme Court in a rehearing of the Supreme Court judgment in the matter of Sanofi v. Unipharm.
- Representing Sanofi and Regeneron in highly complex proceedings against Amgen’s patent claiming anti-PCSK9 antibodies.
- Representing Bacardi in several cases relating to counterfeit Grey Goose Vodka including successfully obtaining preliminary injunctions against large local spirits importers and seizing and destroying massive quantities of fake Grey Goose vodka products.
In October 2022, Luthi & Co joined forces with Cohn, de Vries, Stadler & Co. to form CDS-LUTHI Group. Its IP disputes team, known as Luthi & Co (CDS-LUTHI Group), builds on Luthi & Co’s already ‘knowledgeable and creative’ team, enabling the firm to offer a comprehensive service in all areas of IP litigation. The group consistently acts for companies within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and aerospace industries, with Richard Luthi bringing extensive experience in handling cross-border disputes concerning IP matters. Daniel Lerner has vast expertise on major patent cases, while Martin Binnes is an expert on matters relating to the pharmaceutical industry. Associates Rotem Cohen and Eliran Hadad are also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Daniel Lerner; Martin Binnes; Rotem Cohen; Eliran Hadad
‘It is extremely experienced and knowledgeable, creative and cooperative team.’
‘I interacted with Richard Luthi and Rotem Cohen. They were very responsive, creative and worked hard and patiently with us and with the other side, trying to get to a win-win solution. They put a lot of work and got us a very good solution.’
‘Probably the best IP litigators in Israel, provide in-depth and thorough handling of the cases I\’ve been through. That includes deep understanding of the underlying technology, outstanding strategy, and diligent legal execution.’
‘I’ve worked closely with Richard Luthi on numerous patent cases, both in Israel and abroad, and I continue to be impressed with his ongoing personal involvement and outstanding legal leadership. That is even in comparison to peers abroad.’
Johnson & Johnson
Equashield Medical Ltd
DryGair Energies Ltd.
Israel Aerospace Industries
The State of Israel- Ministry of Defense
Bank Leumi LeIsrael
Keren Grinspoon (cc)
- Representing Johnson & Johnson in proceeding for defending its patent which protects its successful drug for the treatment of Schizophrenia (Trevicta) against an opposition filed by Teva– This is part of a multi-jurisdictional dispute between J&J and Teva.
- Representing Strauss Water Ltd. in several trademark opposition cases against trademark applications filed by Primo Water Holdings UK Limited to protect Strauss Water’s renowned brand “PRIMO”, one of Israel’s most successful brands for water dispensers in Israel.
- Representing Equashield Medical Ltd, a successful medical device company, in a complex dispute against Teva Medical (a subsidiary of Teva) and Simplivia Healthcare Ltd, who claimed infringement of their patents by Equashield’s medical devices designed to protect the health of medical personnel.
S. Horowitz & Co is ‘one of the oldest and best IP practice firms in Israel’, providing legal advice on complex patent, trade mark and copyright litigation to companies across the pharmaceutical and media sectors. The firm shows significant strength in handling patent infringement disputes and assisting domestic and international entities with the protection of IP rights. Tal Band regularly represents high-profile clients in complex patent litigation and on trade secrets issues, while Avi Ordo specialises in IP and technology-related dispute resolution. Dovev Apel focuses on counterfeiting and technology transfers, and Ran Vogel advises clients from the telecommunications and military sector. Noam Blei and Moran Katz are also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Avi Ordo; Dovev Apel; Ran Vogel; Noam Blei; Moran Katz; Yair Ziv; Katia Leokumovich
‘S. Horowitz is one of the oldest and best IP and general practice firms in Israel. They have experience handling many different IP matters. They work collaboratively and utilize technology effectively.’
‘Avi Ordo is one of the most experienced IP attorneys in Israel. I have known and worked with him and his firm for over 20 years. He exceptionally bright and thoughtful. He is detail-oriented and a very hard worker. He is always available and responsive.’
‘Moran Katz is a sharp, wise, and creative litigator. She has experience handling the full range of IP litigation matters and is very knowledgeable.’
‘Professional and aggressive strategy.’
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Teva Medical Ltd.
The Procter & Gamble Company
LEGO Juris A/S
Lusha System, Inc. and Lusha Systems Ltd.
The Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Environmental Society of the Manufacturers’ Association of Israel
Cognyte Software Ltd.
Pluristem Therapeutics Inc.
ALVISA Montblanc S.L.
Simplivia Healthcare Ltd.
Beamr Imaging Ltd.
The Weizmann Institute of Science
Aroma Israel Ltd.
Smart Trike MNF PTE Ltd.
Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Dexcel Pharma Technologies Ltd.
UNIPAL General Trading Limited, a subsidiary of the Arab Palestinian Investment Company (APIC)
Anita Glida Ltd.
- Acting for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. on all its contentious and regulatory work in Israel.
- Acting for the Procter and Gamble company on all its anti-counterfeiting and trademark enforcement in Israel.
- Acting for the LEGO Group on all its anti-counterfeiting and trademark portfolio management and enforcement in Israel.
The IP department at FISCHER (FBC & Co.) is ‘professional, responsive, and pleasant to work with’, routinely assisting major entities based inside and outside of Israel. The team’s covers all aspects of IP litigation, showing significant strength in patent and trade mark disputes. The group is headed by both Reuven Behar and Yael Riemer, with the former bringing over 40 years’ experience in handling IP-related litigation and arbitration, and the latter specialising in dispute resolution. Associate Tamara Dreiman is also noted.
Reuven Behar; Yael Riemer
Other key lawyers:
‘Yael Riemer is a fierce litigator and a great counsel – she knows when to fight and when to settle. A must-have in Israel!!’
‘The FISCHER team is a highly professional, responsive and pleasant to work with.’
‘Yael Riemer, she is a motivated, extremely intelligent, knowledgeable and super friendly. I had the pleasure of working with her on several occasions, and I would without hesitation recommend her to anybody looking for a top tier IP-litigator.’
‘Yael Riemer built a great practice, and her strength professionally combined with her collaborative approach puts her on the top of the list for future collaboration and referrals for high-end IP litigation cases in Israel.’
‘Reuven Behar is one of the most experienced and recognized lawyers in Israel, and still very humble, in all the cases he finds the way to resolve the situation in the effective and shorter way.’
‘Reuven Behar is a hands-on business lawyer with excellent legal knowledge. On one hand he is an aggressive negotiator and on the other hand she is practical and innovative. He possesses a charming personality, and it is most enjoyable to work with him.’
‘The intellectual property litigation team of the Fisher firm is one of the best in the market. With broad legal insight, commercial understanding and first-rate services. It is a pleasure to work with them and you can always count on them for any legal assistance, no matter how complex it may be.’
‘Yael Riemer, who heads Fisher’s intellectual property litigation team, is an excellent lawyer who understands the client’s needs in an exceptional way. Yael always provides excellent legal solutions that deal with commercial difficulties. She is exceptionally available to clients, with extensive legal knowledge, an understanding of innovative technologies. Yael is a pleasure to work with and is always our first choice for anything.’
Google Israel Ltd.
Israel Discount Bank Ltd.
Reshet Media Ltd. And News 10 Ltd.
Israel Hayom Ltd.
Makor Rishon Newspaper LP
IOTM Solution Ltd.
Raphael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.
Purple Biotech Ltd.
Pitango Venture Capital
Picodya Technologies Ltd.
Full DNA Ltd.
Nucleon Cyber Ltd.
Therma Sphera Ltd.
Hystrix Technologies Ltd.
Joshu Israel Ltd.
Bug MultiSystems Ltd.
Ecoppia Scientific Ltd.
AGT International GmbH
ANI Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Spa Cosmetics Ltd
Modan Electronics Ltd
Starplast Industries Ltd
Alumot Or Ltd (CC)
UVTAL HEALTH LTD
Gaia Land 2020 Ltd
AMGAZIT D.G. LTD
Chronisense Medical Ltd
E.F Design Limited Partnership
Pitango Venture Capital
Producers and production companies – Gil Productions Ltd., Lama Productions Ltd., Spiro Movies Ltd., Masha Productions Ltd., Eddie King Ltd., Til Kingdom Come (2019) Film Ltd., Ari Folman, Anat Asulin, Gidi Dar, Leora Kamenetzky, Joola Kotkot Productions Ltd. And Tamir Kfir.
Southern Israel Bridging Fund Two, L.P. (SIBF)
- Representing Netafim Ltd. in various disputes concerning alleged patent infringement, priority registration, and alleged failure to disclose.
- Represented a professor in a claim filed against her regarding patent rights and an alleged breach of know-how and confidential information.
- Representing Datafirst SAS in a copyright infringement claim filed in the Tel Aviv District Court, along with a motion for interim injunction.
The Herzog Fox & Neeman IP department has in-depth experience of advising clients in all manners of IP disputes, showing strength in trade mark enforcement and dispute resolution. The group is also well-equipped to handle patent and trade secret litigation, regularly cooperating with local counsel on proceedings in various jurisdictions. The head, Karen Elburg, represents companies in IP disputes before and during the litigation process, and focuses on protecting trade marks. Gilad Wekselman is a leading IP litigation expert, whereas Adar Bengom deals with copyright and trade secret issues. Associate Edward Levdansky is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
David Zailer; Gilad Wekselman; Adar Bengom; Edward Levdansky
‘HFN’s IP team advises us on all aspects of our trademark strategy and manages our world-wide portfolio of trademarks. Assist us with domain name recoveries, which are an important part of running an online gaming business, where they have had several important successes; they also advise on the clearance and usage of rights and the avoidance of infringement of third-party rights.’
‘We work directly with Karen Elburg. Her team’s work is highly efficient, responsive and very commercially minded.’
‘Our foundation has been working with HFN since about 15 years. We have an excellent impression of the firm, for their professionalism and accurate advice. We instructed them with a highly sensitive transnational matter related with IP rights and trade-mark issues and related areas. On the top there is big empathy with the whole team.’
‘We deal mainly with Mr David Zailer who offers an excellent service, prompt answers and solution proposals, high-quality knowledge and above all, empathic team-work.’
‘The attorneys are very experienced and responsible, always provide practical advice, and is always responsive.’
‘Reliable, pragmatic, friendly, responsive, strategic thinking.’
Pelican Products, Inc.
888 Holdings PLC
Fox Wizel Ltd.
Adika Style Ltd.
Rockwell Automation Ltd.
Gemological Institute of America Inc.
The Chancellor Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford, trading as Oxford University Press
Bionic 8 Ltd.
Rani Zim Shopping Centers Ltd.
Magenta Venture Partners
Habonim Dror Olami
R.P.G. Holdings Ltd.
- Represented the 888 Group through the final conclusion of the long-drawn-out patent claim by CG Technology Development that was filed in 2016.
- Representing the non-profit “She Codes” in an action to cancel the registered mark “WOMEN WHO CODE”.
- Represented Habonim Dror Olami through to a final settlement of its prolonged dispute with the two overseas offshoots of the youth movement that had opposed the registration of its trademarks.
Meitar Law Offices’ IP group has ‘extensive and in-depth knowledge’ of the field, boasting significant expertise in IP litigation cases involving new technology or pharmaceutical issues. The department provides broad coverage of all aspects of litigation, including patents, trade marks, and copyright matters. Yoav Oestreicher is ‘incredibly bright and pragmatic’, consistently representing international and Israeli clients in court cases and arbitration proceedings relating to IP rights. Ariel Rakover focuses on technology litigation and class actions, and Neta Arbel is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Ariel Rakover; Neta Arbel; Rotem Gilad; Heni Rothstein Cohen
‘Meitar is one of Israel’s largest general practice firms. Many of their attorneys practised in the U.S. at some point in their legal careers. This is an enormous asset because it helps them understand the wants and needs of their U.S. clients. Also, the cross-disciplinary nature of their practice is a huge asset that makes them unique.’
‘Yoav Ostreicher is an incredibly bright, pragmatic, and talented IP litigator. He pursued advanced studies in the U.S. and worked at a leading U.S. law firm before returning to Israel. He has many years of IP litigation and counseling experience. Clients value his breadth of knowledge and direct approach. He can be aggressive when necessary and always looks out for the best solutions possible.’
‘Ariel Rakover is another experienced litigator who previously studied and worked in the U.S. He is equally good at oppositions as he is at litigation in courts. He never leaves a stone unturned, has a keen attention to detail, and always looks for creative solutions to complex disputes.’
‘The staff at the office handling the issue has extensive and in-depth knowledge in the field and knows how to provide a quick response to any matter that is required. Also, the size of the office and the fact that it handles a wide variety of legal fields and those that also overlap with this issue, allow us to receive a quick and comprehensive response.’
‘First, they have many years of familiarity with the company and its activities. Also, the handling lawyers have very extensive knowledge in the field, they know how to focus on the required things for us and provide a quick response.’
Cylus Cyber Security Ltd.
Meta Platforms, Inc.
- Represented Cylus Cyber Security Ltd. in opposition proceedings and an appeal to the District Court brought by Cylance (Blackberry) regarding the registration of the mark CYLUS in Israel.
- Represented Cognyte (formerly Verint) in a patent infringement claim in the field of cryptanalysis and attacks on GSM networks.
- Represented KLA Corporation in a claim for misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information and documents.
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz’s IP litigations team is highly experienced in protecting the patents, trade marks and copyrights of major domestic and international technology companies. The department is led by Yossi Markovich , an expert in trade mark litigation, who regularly represents clients in validity and infringement disputes. Lee Ardon brings expertise in patent litigation and counterfeiting, while Nathaniel Agou specialises in matters involving IP rights. Associate Matan Carmel deals with commercial litigation pertaining to unfair competition.
Other key lawyers:
Lee Ardon; Nathaniel Agou; Matan Carmel
Brix Software Ltd.
Source Vagabond Systems
High Security Labs Ltd
SaverOne 2014, Ltd.
Pluristem Ltd. & Pluristem Therapeutics
Pango Mobile Parking Ltd Mobidom Israel (2005) Ltd
SodaStream and Soda Club
Dexcel Pharma Technologies Ltd.
Speedo Holdings B.V.
F1 Formula One
Rami Levy Shivuk Hashikma
- Representing Lusha Ltd. & Lusha Israel in a Lawsuit for an estimated amount of US$500 million.
- Representing Brix Software Ltd., in a complex 100 million NIS court battle.
- Representing Joseph Ribkoff in a NIS 2.6 million lawsuit to Tel Aviv’s District Court against “GOLBARY”.
Ariel Dubinsky, Law Office
Ariel Dubinsky, Law Office is a boutique law firm which is ‘highly professional and skilled’ at handling complex trade mark and copyright litigation, especially in disputes involving multiple jurisdictions. Ariel Dubinsky uses his ‘great social skills’ to provide clear and comprehensive advice to multinational clients on a range of IP issues, including patents and anti-counterfeiting. Tslil Pas-Kay brings expertise in IP disputes, while attorney Ori Peretz focuses on copyright infringement cases.
Other key lawyers:
Tslil Paskay; Ori Peretz; Yalin Leinweber
‘I know Ariel Dubinsky for about a decade. From time to time we refer matters to each other, which means a couple of matters per year. These are mostly trademark related but there was one matter which related to IP and know-how created by employees. Ariel dealt with these matters professionally. I admired that he did not overcomplicate the matters, as he has experience in dealing with such matters.’
‘Responsive, kind, thoughtful and considered advice and counsel. Very approachable firm with sound advice and options clearly presented.’
‘Knowing that I am working with a team that is well-equipped to provide expertise in a wide range of specialized sectors offers me and my clients more comfort. I particularly value their legal experience and ability to coordinate a practical strategy in court disputes and pursue it until a favorable outcome is obtained.’
Altunis-Trading, Gestao e Servicos LDA
Tableau Software, LLC
Y.M. DIRECT IMPORT LTD
E.MI SCHOOL ISRAEL LTD
- Litigating cancellation proceedings against the mark “Women Who coded” owned by Women who Code, an international non-profit organization intended to inspire women to excel in Technology.
- Litigated an appeal against the Registrar of Trademarks decision to the deny the registration of the mark ‘HYPER’.
- Litigated the case at the Israeli trademark office. The TMO has accepted the opposition and cancelled the registration of the distributer.
The Ehrlich Group IP litigation department is ‘extremely professional’, having vast experience of representing clients in high profile patent and trade mark litigation cases. The firm assists companies from a variety of industries, ranging from aerospace to pharmaceutical. Yehuda Neubauer is ‘brilliant, sharp and very calm’, specialising in cross-border IP disputes, while Roy Melzer brings unique expertise on IP strategy. Amit Ehrlich focuses on assisting patent holders with monetisation matters.
Yehuda Neubauer; Roy Melzer; Amit Ehrlich
Other key lawyers:
Chamutal Niran; Hila Diller
‘Excellent and highly experienced trade mark practitioner, providing prompt, precise and reliable advice and effective assistance.’
‘Yehuda Neubauer is highly responsive, practical, thoughtful, technically knowledgeable and clear.’
‘Extremely professional, without client manipulations. They know to define the legal situation as it is and to analyse it. In the field of IP- this is the core of everything.’
‘Yehuda Neubauer- brilliant, sharp and very calm.’
‘They provide the best possible advice for their clients and don’t simply persuade them to initiate proceedings. Fair play as litigators, keeping clients’ best interests, which is something rare in this field.’
‘Yehuda Neubauer is an excellent attorney. Friendly, sharp and extremely dedicated.’
TikTok Information Technologies UK Limited
Real Madrid football team, FC Barcelona
Bacardi & Company Limited
The Boeing Company
KIA Motors Corporation
Hyundai Motor Company
Nintendo Co., Ltd.
Playtech Software Limited
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.
Wissotzky Tea (Israel) Ltd.
- Managing the opposition filed in Israel on behalf of Novartis AG, against the registration of the Trade Mark “BREZTRI” in the name of AstraZeneca AB.
- Acting in a case in which Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) has filed a notice of opposition against a patent filed by our client, Insitu, Inc., a Boeing Company.
- Support Nintendo on a raft of IP matters, among them several cases in the past year relating to the wide distribution of copyright infringing game consoles that were produced in China and imported to Israel.
G&A Glazberg, Applebaum & Co is a well-established IP boutique law firm that specialises in representing multinational companies in patent applications and employee service invention lawsuits. The ‘very knowledgeable’ Ziv Glazberg co-heads the group, bringing expertise on complex IP-related litigation proceedings, while the other co-head, Nadav Applebaum, has extensive experience in prosecuting and litigating patent rights.
Ziv Glazberg; Nadav Applebaum
Other key lawyers:
Hanna J. Odeh
‘Very high quality technology understanding and drafting abilities. Very responsive and high quality of service.’
‘Ziv Glazberg is a true professional, both in software and technology domains, and in IP litigation practices.’
‘Ziv Glazberg is very knowledgeable and have tons of experience. He has a mind of a lawyer a technological entrepreneur and this combination is what makes him special.’
‘The team is strong and diverse, having strong technical and legal skills alike. They are business-oriented, assisting in deciding strategy as well as implementing specific tactics to reach the goals they set out to achieve.’
‘Nadav Applebaum is a capable litigator, with a strategic view of the litigation process. Nadav was able to foresee actions that the other party would take in advance, and prepare for them. I was impressed by his ability to create leverage and use it to get the desired outcome.’
‘Professional service, highly personal attitude, thinking of all relevant aspects.’
‘Ziv Glazberg – the most professional attorney and patent attorney.’
Sobhi Nakhly & Sons
Oil de Lamor
Zeep HK Ltd.
Mr. Nachman Sahar
Amiad Water Systems Ltd.
Vayo Reviews Ltd.
- Represent Amiad in a number of patent disputes.
- Won a class Action Against the ILPO regarding over charging for search fees.
- Advised Sobhi Nakhly & Sons, one of Israel’s leading coffee makers and distributors, on oppositions filed against two client trademarks and a cancellation of a competitor TMs, in a complex family – commercial dispute.
Goldfarb Seligman merged with the IP boutique firm, Price – Plinner Law Offices, in January 2022 and then Gross & Co a year later, creating Goldfarb Gross Seligman & Co.. The IP department is ‘super responsive, professional and kind’, regularly handling copyright and trade secrets litigation, along with commercial disputes relating to IP. Sa’ar Plinner has ‘high professional abilities’, representing clients in trade mark and design litigation, while Eyal Price brings experience in various disputes relating to patents and copyright.
Zvi Bar-Nathan; Hagit Blaiberg; Benjamin Rotenberg; Ashok J. Chandrasekhar
Other key lawyers:
Sa’ar Plinner; Eyal Price; Tzahi Halio; Moti Arad
‘I don’t know any associates from that firm but only Saar Pliner a partner whom I trust.’
‘Sa’ar Pliner is a lawyer with high professional abilities. He is very kind and helpful.’
‘The amazing team of Goldfarb Seligman is super responsive, professional and kind.’
‘I have worked with Tzahi Halio who searched for a unique solution to the problem I raised and gave me the full support I needed. I appreciate the hard work and devotion.’
EMC Israel Development Center Ltd.
Applied Materials Ltd.
Keshet Broadcasting (“Keshet 12”)
Tel Aviv – Yafo Municipality
DSP Group, Inc.
Celeno Communications (Israel) Ltd.
The Israeli Federation of Phonographs and Cassettes Ltd
Alonyal Ltd., McDonald’s Israel
Itamar Medical Ltd.
General Mills Israel Ltd.
Siemens Industry Software Ltd.
Prospera Technologies Ltd.
NMC United Entertainment Ltd.
The Arison Group
QlikTech International AB
Adler Chomski Marketing Communication Ltd.
Tedy Development and Productions (1992) Ltd.
Rav-Bariach (08) Industries Ltd.
Fischer Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
New Lineo Cinema (2006) Ltd.
Netivei Ayalon Co.
The Property and Building Group
Bayside Land Corporation Ltd.
Carestream Health, Inc.
Anchiano Therapeutics Ltd.
Roladin Branch Management and Franchising Ltd.
Avgol Industries 1953 Ltd.
Libra Insurance Company Ltd.
Knock N’ Lock Ltd.
Eldan Transportation Ltd.
Innoging Medical Ltd.
Dozens of start-up companies.
Aviation Links Ltd.
Pitaro Furniture (2003) Ltd.
GS AS International Marketing Ltd.
Peled Technical Supply Ltd.
Shekel Insurance Group
Shield Wallet Technology Ltd.
Saar Technology (Z.H) Ltd.
Five Sigma Ltd.
Hour One AI
Zing Tech Inc.
- Representing the Israeli Federation of Phonographs and Cassettes Ltd. (IFPI Israel), which manages the intellectual property rights of practically all records in Israel, on all aspects of its activity.
- Representing leading toy manufacturer MGA Entertainment in several trademark enforcement proceedings relating to protection of its’ LOL SURPRISE brand.
- Representing Shufersal in all intellectual property related matters, particularly trademark and copyright matters, including protection of the company’s trademarks and copyrights, as well as defending Shufersal against trademark and copyright infringement allegations.
Gornitzky & Co.‘s IP team has in-depth expertise in representing Israeli and international clients in trade mark litigation, copyright infringement proceedings, and cross-border IP disputes. Ziv Rotenberg specialises in Chinese IP law and routinely handles complex disputes for multinational companies. Shirley Gal joined from Eitan Mehulal Sadot, Advocates & Patent Attorneys in early 2022, bringing extensive knowledge on dispute resolution and IP-related litigation to the team.
Ziv Rotenberg; Shirley Gal
‘Great litigation team that provide a great value services. Very customer oriented with a real can do approach, very dominant in court.’
The Gillette Company
Point tec Products Electronic GmbH, Germany
Insfocus Systems Ltd.
Electra Consumer Products (1951) Ltd.
- Represents the Gillette Company in an opposition proceeding filed by Kelemata S.r.l before the Israeli Patent and Trademark Registrar.
- Representing Tyroler Ltd. in a dispute against Home Center, Israel’s largest DIY retail store chain regarding several infringements by Home Center of Tyroler’s intellectual property rights of its products.
- Represents Insfocus Systems in a dispute with Comtech Ltd. regarding an alleged infringement of trade secrets embodied in the databases operated by the two companies’ joint clients by Insfocus.
The Luzzatto Group provides a comprehensive service on all aspects of IP-related disputes, showing significant strength in patent filing cases and trade mark litigation. Michal Luzzatto brings vast expertise in trade mark and copyright enforcement, and Oren Mandler is regularly involved in important design and patent litigation proceedings. Kfir Luzzatto devises litigation strategies for multinational clients, while associate Koby Agar covers legal patent matters.
Novartis Pharma AG
RAFAEL – Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.
Alon Group Ltd.
Insense Biosensors Ltd (Israel)
PHOTEX Templates LTD
Dow Pharmaceutical Sciences. Inc
- Represented Jose Guillermo Treger in an opposition that was filed by the Italian owner of the brand MONTURA, which is active in Europe and has no trademarks in Israel and is trying to stop the registration of the trademark in Israel.
- Act for Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd. in relation to a patent opposition case in the defense sector. This case relates to an opposition filed by Rafael against the grant of a patent dealing with a very specialised field: georegistration of images.
- Represent Zohar Diuk in relation to a patent infringement lawsuit over a system for sealing wires, cables pipes, and drains to be used in shelters.
In July 2022 M. Firon & Co Advocates and Notaries absorbed Avi Moreh Law Firm, a boutique IP firm, bringing added expertise in the protection and enforcement of IP. The team specialises in dispute resolution regarding IP, copyright protection and trade mark litigation. Eran Presenti has vast experience of representing clients in precedent-setting IP cases, while associate Tzili Olshan-Shariv handles the registration of patents and designs.
Other key lawyers:
Tzili Olshan- Shariv
B.S Toys Ltd.
Mr. Aviv Koren
- Representing Extreme toys in a great win before the District court which ruled that it is not possible to register trademarks in Israel on the 3D shape of the original Rubik’s Cube.
- Representing zira in the local and international arena including in respect of several claims submitted in the US by major Israeli broadcasting entities along with United Kings and Charlton, against piracy sites which distribute their copyright protected content overseas.
- Representing B.S toys Ltd. in a dispute with MGA, an American company, which distributes LOL toys.
Salomon, Lipschütz & Co.
Salomon, Lipschütz & Co.’s IP department practice has broad expertise, spanning across patents, trademarks, and copyright disputes. The group’s head, Narda Ben Zvi, has over 34 years’ experience in handling high-end IP litigation and arbitration proceedings, whereas Ori Kasir regularly represents international and domestic entities in complex disputes. David Schottenfels and Lena Mor are also noted as key practitioners.
Other key lawyers:
Ori Kasir; David Schottenfels; Lena Mor
‘Ms. Narda Ben Zvi and her team are providing a high-profile assistance in complex trade mark litigation. With reference to other firms, assistance provided for by Salomon firm on IP matters is not only very professional and based on sound experience in trade mark law and related litigation strategy, but also fully available, open to discussion and exchange of ideas, very precise in informing the client about developments but also on details of the arguments to be used.’
‘Narda Ben Zvi is a very good and experienced lawyer, precise, quick and offering very practical advice as to every detail of the case and the relating strategy. I truly recommend her to all the foreign colleagues and businesses who need to face a very complex trade mark litigation in Israel.’
‘The office works in a very professional manner.’
G. Nicoletti Trade S.p.A
Noris Medical Ltd.
Pitango UX Product Design Ltd.
- Acted for G. Nicoletti Trade S.p.A to restore its rights to the Nicoletti trademark and pursue the cancellation of the mark registered by Ohev Zion Ltd. after the erroneous cancellation of the client’s mark.
- Settled with infringing competitors after filing claims of infringement of patents and copyrights for Noris Medical in the District Court of Beer Sheba in respect of its Mono Bendable patented jawbone implant.
- Defended Pitango UX Ltd. against a lawsuit filed by Pitango Venture Capital Management Ltd in March 2022 in the Tel Aviv District Court.
The group at Seligsohn Gabrieli & Co specialises in representing domestic and international clients in patent and trade mark litigation, as well as the protection of designs and copyright. Nahum Gabrieli and Ehud Gabrieli co-head the team, with the former bringing extensive expertise in handling copyright and trade mark infringement cases, and the latter focusing on patent and trade secrets disputes. Yael Kalmanovich and Gal Gross are also noted.
Nahum Gabrieli; Ehud Gabrieli
Other key lawyers:
Yael Kalmanovich; Gal Gross
‘Great Knowledge. Very hands on mentality.’
Sons of George Shukha Ltd.
Dalton Wineries Ltd.
Spirits International B.V.
Gottex Swimwear Brands Ltd.
Hewlett Packard Development Company
Primo Water Holdings UK Limited
POLIPOL Polstermöbel GmbH & Co. KG.
Oxford Programs Limited
Home Center (DIY) Ltd.
Nestle – Societe des Produits Nestle SA
Asos Plc r
Home Skinnovations Ltd.
- Represent Intel Corp. in cases dealing with trade marks.
- Represent Google LLC in police persecution- and Taxation Authority cases due to forgery of Google products.
- Represent the Acum LTD in copyright litigation procedures.